Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JHawk

JHawk

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: Best Full Throttle Champion EVER!!!!!
Alignment: Face

Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin Empty
PostSubject: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:34 am

10 down and a lot more to go.

That was exhausting and now I am not going to write a single word for the rest of the week.

Chuck was the only show writer able to write this week so I offered out to help him. I ended up writing more then half of the show.

This is the first time I have done some major show writing and I would love some feedback. What did you like, what didn't you like? I am not going to be an ETA and ask you all to write at least 1000 words but writing more then "The show was epic" would be nice.

I am still not over the fact that I wrote a show Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:45 am

The show was AWESOMELY epic?

Jokes!

It was a really great show, and props to whoever wrote my last match cause it was awesome. Gonna miss all you guys Sad But you know what they say, this place is hard to leave. I'll probably be back!

Just in case there's anyone who wasn't aware, my comments on BG were completely IC. No OOC beef here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:21 am

Yeah, I fucked up. Jason offered to help me out, we thought we'd just split the show in half....then I ended up having to leave for a while, and he just finished my half for me Facepalm

So I owe a HUGE thanks to Jason for this week. And so do the rest of you. LOL.

The show itself was awesome. I liked Sean's spear out of midair Razz

I realized I didn't put any commercials in my bit. Oops.

I also realized the end of the TLC, where it looked like Chuck intentionally did nothing to stop SD. Don't know what was going on there, if I misread that or something...it was a cool ending though.

Awesome job, Hawk, and thanks a ton.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:22 pm

The show was amazing considering there were only 2 people working on it and it was Hawk's first time writing a show. GJ guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:34 pm

OK I said I would improve on reading the results, soooooo I read ALL of the results, except for the matches LOL. The segments were pretty ill. Im improvin doe, I read half of the matches doe, like the end of them.

I liked it. The only thing I could really say is I think me and nigga banks shoulda looked more dominant only because it was 4 rps on just 1. Whateves doe, 2 mothafuckin swag outs = James Shark gettin laid

But it was still pretty fuckin proper from what I read, pree DOPE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:34 pm

I agree the show was dope, mad props to Hawk for slamming it all together. I would have expected AVO to be a little more involved in his run in but it's all good. For what y'all had to work with and the probs you had getting it written it came together pretty damn good....To quote the B Day boy "Shit's Proper".
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:30 pm

So, after 6 days of being out on vaca i am back! and goddamn what a show i had to come back to!!!

Jason, great fucking work on the show mate. I mean, wow dude. You did a great job with all the matches and shit man. I just had a few suggestions, not to take away from the show or anything like that mate:

-There were a few little tiny typos as far as spelling and coding go...then again, i fuck up on coding every single week so who am i to judge right?

-Chuck not trying to stop Sd was a little...uh...confusing to say the least. I don't really think that there is a storyline in place to kind of give that an explanation but...we can work with shit i suppose!

-AVO prolly shoulda played a bigger role in helping out SD...and just SD since they are a part of the same faction. Again, i wasn't here to help write the show or anything so i'm not one to judge right!?

Other than that birdman...great fucking work!!!

Sean Libby's fuckin' superkick/spear was fucking awesome! The TLC match was definitely a true return to form for SD and I as far as violence and bloodshed goes. It really gives SD and I a lot to work with as far as really turning back into the sick psychos we both know that we are! The Brandon/Ruben match was a damn fine piece of work mate, props for that entire match!

Last edited by Corey Casey on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
JHawk

JHawk

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: Best Full Throttle Champion EVER!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:41 pm

CEE CEE!

Y U OLY MENTON DA BAAD STUF?!?!?!!? Y U NO MENTON DA KEWL STUF?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Ryan Apollos

Ryan Apollos

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record:

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:38 am

Leave it to Corey to point out the negatives in Jason's work.
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:16 am

what can i say? I'm an ass hole Razz

Although, in my defense, i did point out some good things as well (after i edited the feedback to reflect the good parts...BUT STILL IT'S THERE DAMNIT!)
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:33 pm

Ryan Apollos wrote:

Where's your feedback? Neutral

Anyway, the show was fantastic considering that only one regular show writer was available, and JHawk had to be called up to write even though he'd never written a show before!

The main event was such a fitting one for Ruben, winning a match against his long time rival in B-Mac. Also, KILLER HEEL PROMO! I had no idea that you were such a good heel RRL, since you've been a face basically ever since you've got here (I think) Very Happy

TLC was an insane match, with a HEAP of bumps and spots - my favourite being the LPounce onto Chuck who was on the ladder. Also, Hellevator off the ladder FTW! I'm very surprised and somewhat relieved that Deuce and I won, because I was sure that Chuck and Corey had the match in the bag, and now that I've won one I've finally beaten my biggest hoodo in E-fedding!

Also, for Corey, I think I can make a case for the Chuck-Helping-SD thing.

In my mind: Chuck entered the ring the wrong way (back to the ladder) and so he only saw Dan climbing the ladder, and not ESS DEE. (This is probably a huge longshot, but it was worth a try Razz)

Anyway, the rest of the matches were of good quality, I especially liked JShark's match and LIBBEH's match. Oh, and yes Johnny, MEGAN SHAL B FIRD 4 N0T SAYING LIBEHHHH!!

However, LIKE CEE CEE, I also haz something I'd like to point out - and unfortunately it in one of JHawk's matches, so it's going to make me look like a massive DOUCHE...but I'll say it anyway Razz

In the TLC, as I mentioned, there were heaps of bumps and spots - and that's fine in a clusterfuck TLC like we had - but in my opinion, it was like too many, too quickly. Like, one would just follow after the other, and it kind of damaged the continuity of the match - everything happened so fast it was hard to keep up. It also took away the effectiveness on these spots because not enough time was spent building them up, it was just like we were rushing into them.

BUT of course, this was still an awesome effort by a guy who's never written a match before, and overall the match was still very fun to read and extremely entertaining - so good job JHawk! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Shadow Demon wrote:
Ryan Apollos wrote:

Where's your feedback? Neutral

ERRRRRRRRRRRBODY POINT AND LAUGH RIIIIIIIIII NOW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:21 pm

LAWL^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:14 am

Shadow Demon wrote:

The main event was such a fitting one for Ruben, winning a match against his long time rival in B-Mac. Also, KILLER HEEL PROMO! I had no idea that you were such a good heel RRL, since you've been a face basically ever since you've got here (I think) Very Happy

FANX ESS DEE!

I just wanted to go out with a bang! Ruben had some stuff he wanted to say and honestly when I started writing it it wasn't meant to come out that heelish. It was pretty much supposed to be a "Fuck you Chuck, you're why I'm retiring asshole" promo. I told Chuck that I came up with the new contract thing literally on the spot as a way to spite Chuck.

I'm not a very good heel writer, at least when it comes to Ruben. I started in NLWF as a heel but quickly switched when I realised I couldn't get the best out of my RPs like that. Maybe I was just approaching it wrong, I don't know. And if Ruben ever comes back to IWF, then maybe I'll give it another shot, now that I've set him up as an asshole.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:54 pm

Yeah that's a tough call to make. It's "ripping on one of the biggest heels in the company" which would make it face, vs "leave IWF with a contract to a different promotion" which would piss a lot of people off.

I think most people just took it as "ROOBEN IZ ASSHOL"
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin   Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Grounds X: Living in Sin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Out of Character :: Feedback-
Jump to: