Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going Rogue: Running out of Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Going Rogue: Running out of Time Empty
PostSubject: Going Rogue: Running out of Time   Going Rogue: Running out of Time I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:47 pm

-Inside the Church of Salvation-

Shadow Demon looked at the ceremonial dagger in his hand, and then glanced at the woman on the table. Slowly, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of fine cloth. He began to carefully clean the dagger, making sure to get rid of any speck of dust or grit that might harm its beauty. Once he was finished, he slid the cloth back into his pocket, and moved closer to the stretcher upon which the woman was strapped down on.

He looked down on her as he raised the dagger high above his head. It was strange...he should have no connection with this woman whatsoever, yet she seems so familiar...like an old memory. Her hair was coloured purple, and her eyes were light, fragile blue. Shadow suddenly shook his head in disgust. Why was he taking in her appearance? He didn’t like her at all, in fact she’d committed heinous crimes against Salvation, and she should be killed. Killing should be a LIGHT sentence for her after what she did.

But yet...

He shook his head again and re-raised the dagger above his head. He exhaled slowly, and then closed his eyes and brought the dagger down on the woman.

From the moment Rogue had recovered consciousness and found herself being wheeled inside the Church of Salvation, she knew she had to not make a sound. Any sound would alert the followers, and then she would be done for. After a while she’d managed to collect her thoughts, and figure out what was going on.

Shadow Demon really was under Corey Casey’s control, and had probably been Salvation’s secret weapon against her. It’d worked too; she had walked right into the trap without a second thought. They knew she loved him, so they used Shadow as bait to catch her.

After she figured that out, she heard Corey Casey speaking to the masses, and then telling Shadow to kill her. And now, after a hesitation, she could feel that he was actually bringing down the dagger this time.

It was a good thing she’d secretly been gnawing through her right arm constraint while Shadow had been busy hesitating.

She opened her eyes to see the blade dropping down on her like a fast-falling drop of rain. With all her strength, she pulled her right arm out of the broken constraint, and grabbed the blade with her hand just before it hit her head. She struggled violently – even though she had stunned Shadow, she had no chance against him in this position. She had to find an escape because there was no way she could break her left arm out of its bonds. The dagger got lower and lower with the more force than Shadow put on it.

At that moment, Rogue suddenly let go of Shadow’s arm and swung her head away, causing him to cut off a few strands of her hair – but still miss. At the same time she pulled all her weight onto her left side, causing the stretcher to fall to the floor. Quickly, before Shadow could come after her, she undid the strap on her left arm, and then her two feet bonds. As she did, Shadow charged and stabbed again, but she was already off the stretcher and on her feet. Rogue bolted to the door and twisted the knob – but it was locked.

Rogue
Shit!

She sensed Shadow behind her and quickly moved out of the way, but he was still able to grab her ankle, causing her to fall to the floor. He pulled her towards him by the leg, but she twisted around and forcefully kicked him in the face. Still he didn’t let go, and when she attempted to kick him again, he grabbed her foot in mid-air.

Rogue
SHADOW, IT’S ME, ROGUE?! REMEMBER ME, DAMNIT!

For a second he paused, and in that time his grip on her ankle slackened, allowing her to free her foot and escape from his grip. It was a positive that he continued to hesitate when she tried to make him remember – it meant that she was still in his head somewhere, and she just had to try and get him to remember what her face meant. After that, he would be free from Salvation’s control, and back to his old self again.

Shadow Demon
You can’t escape, fool!

Shadow lunged at her, dagger in hand, as she was running towards the only escape route left: the stained glass window. And at that moment, she realised she had to make a tough decision – she couldn’t possibly evade him now that she had her back facing him – so she could either let him catch her, and hope that she could fight him off (which wasn’t very likely) or she could jump through the window, and pray that she didn’t fall to her death.

If she went through the window, would Shadow follow her?

Who knew, but that was the choice she’d made.

Rogue jumped into the window at full force, causing the glass to shatter like an overflowing glass of water. She felt the wind whip against her face, and could hear the shocked cries of both shock and hatred from the citizens below. She also realised that there was absaloutely nowhere that would provide a safe landing – all below was road and cars. She wasn’t sure if Shadow was behind her, because she’d blocked out everything and was screaming her head off.

The ground came rushing up to meet her and at that second she stopped screaming, closed her eyes and braced for the impact that would surely kill her.

There was no such impact.

Instead, she felt an arm grab onto the back of her T-shirt and pull her to safety. This was followed by a big jolt that was far more comfortable than slamming into the bitumen would have been. Then she could feel herself flying forward at tremendous speed.

She opened her eyes, and saw that she was speeding through the street on the back of a motorbike that was being driven by the man in front of her. The man had long hair, somewhat reminiscent of Shadow Demon’s – but it obviously was not him.

The man leaned back and talked in her ear.

Man
It’d help if you could hold onto my waist.

Rogue realised the man had stopped her from falling off by placing her hands around his hips. She quickly gripped on tight to his waist. The man skilfully weaved through the traffic. It was getting to the early hours of the morning now, she realised – it must be almost 6 AM.

Where was Shadow Demon? She looked back behind her, but could see nothing but other cars. When she saw the looks on their faces, she realised that that was probably a bad idea...

Rogue
Are those cars behind us gonna try and kill me?

Man
WHAT?

Rogue had to shout over the wind.

Rogue
ARE THOSE CARS BEHIND US GONNA TRY AND KILL ME?!

Man
MOST LIKELY, THEY’LL PROBABLY TRY TO KILL ME TOO.

Rogue
WELL THAT SUCKS!

One of the cars behind them suddenly sped up and smashed its front bumper into the back wheel of the motorcycle, causing it to shake violently. Rogue squeezed tighter around the man’s waist in response, as he managed to deftly right the motorcycle.

Rogue
CAN YOU GET ME OUT OF HERE?!

Man
YEAH BUT YOU’RE GONNA HAVE TO HOLD ON!

Rogue braced herself as the man stepped down on the gas. The motorcycle shot forward, and then the man sharply turned down a street, almost causing Rogue to lose grip on the man. The citizens in the cars behind them whipped past the street, unable to make the turn because they were going too fast.

They roared down the street, and the man made a few more turns into even narrower streets, probably trying to confuse the Salvation followers who were chasing them. Rogue took this opportunity to find out just exactly who this guy was.

Rogue
WHO ARE YOU? AND WHY ARE YOU RESCUING ME?

The man didn’t reply for a little while, carefully navigating a few more turns, before he said to her:

Man
DO YOU WANT ME TO DROP YOU BACK THERE? IT’S WOULDN'T BE TOO HARD...

Rogue sighed.

Rogue
THAT’S NOT WHAT I MEANT!

Man
YEAH I GOT THAT...

Rogue
SO TELL ME WHO YOU ARE!

The man paused for a moment.

Man
ALRIGHT FINE. I’M-

The man was cut off by the wailing of police sirens. Rogue looked behind her, and saw that there were two police cars in close pursuit of them, each with very angry looking policemen inside of them. There were four in total, two in each car, and they all wielded guns – two had machine guns, and the others held shotguns.

Rogue
Oh crap.

Corey Casey was the first person who entered the room where he had ordered Shadow to murder Rogue after the loud crash emitting from it resonated around the church.

Corey Casey
SHADOW, WHAT-

Corey stopped shouting as he realised the room was empty. He saw the smashed stained glass window, and walked over to it. He looked down at the street below, watching the cars shoot by.

Corey Casey
No one could have survived that fall...

He turned back around to see that a dozen Salvation followers had followed him into the room. They stared at the window in confusion.

Salvation Follower I
Do you have any idea what might have happened, my Lord?

Corey Casey
I guess we didn’t have as much control over Shadow Demon as we thought...and Rogue has escaped. You know what that means, don’t you?

The Salvation followers stood awkwardly in the room. No one replied.

Corey Casey
GO OUT THERE AND FIND HIM YOU IMBECILES!!

The Salvation followers all quickly ran out of the room, some pulling weapons or firearms out of their pockets. Meanwhile Corey turned back to the broken window. After a moment, he slammed his fist into the wall out of anger and frustration, before turning back and following the men out of the room.

Shadow Demon clutched to the side of the church, his leg dangling precariously over the city below. When the prisoner had jumped out of the window, he had followed her but hadn’t been able to grab her in mid-air. He’d fallen, but managed to claim a handhold on part of the church – a wooden cross nailed into the wall of it. He’d been certain that the prisoner had been killed by the fall, and would be lying on the road in a pool of blood, but when he had turned around, she was nowhere to be seen. Following that, he had heard someone entering the room they’d jumped out of, and realized that it was probably Corey Casey – so, holding onto the cross, he’d pulled himself into a position where he was out of sight; because he would most definitely be disgraced if Lord Corey found out he had failed.

WHY he had failed though? Why had he not been able to kill her? He had his chance, he had her pinned down to the ground and the dagger in his hand, but yet, when she told her his name...he had stopped...

‘Rogue’

Why had her name had such profound effect on him? He had not once in his life seen her before, but still, when she told him to “remember her” like some lunatic, he had stopped and his mind had gone into a strange place.

Albeit for just a couple of seconds, but for those couple of seconds his head was in a completely different place. In this place, there was no Salvation or Lord Corey Casey, and instead there was this strange emotion...

He shook his head. No, what was he thinking?! It was blasphemy to even let these thoughts enter his head, let alone accept them. But for some reason, this place seemed so inviting...like as if it was better than the world he was in now...

Corey Casey
SHADOW DEMON?!

Shadow stopped contemplating, and turned his head around to see Corey Casey looking up at him from the parking lot of the church. His face was a bright red, and his eyes burned with rage.

Corey Casey
COME DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW YOU ISOLENT CLOWN!!

Shadow let go and dropped down to the grassy ground. It didn’t hurt much, but was still a bit hard on his ankles after dangling from the cross for about twenty minutes. Slowly, he walked over to his Lord.

Shadow Demon
Lord Casey, I’m so-

Corey stepped forward and slapped Shadow Demon hard across the face.

Corey Casey
What the HELL did you think you were doing Shadow...how could you POSSIBLY let her escape?

Shadow spat blood on the ground. He turned back to face Corey.

Shadow Demon
I’m sorry my Lord, I-

Corey Casey
I GAVE her to you on her death bed, yet you STILL manage to let her escape?! Shadow...this somehow makes me question where your faith lies...

Corey Casey stepped forward, and began looking in Shadow’s eyes.

Corey Casey
Tell me, Shadow Demon, do you accept me as your one and only Lord?

Shadow Demon
...Yes.

Slowly, the world with the strange emotion began to fade for Shadow.

Corey Casey
Do you accept Salvation as your true calling?

Shadow Demon
I do.

He could feel...something returning that he had not even felt when he’d been in Salvation’s control...something that had been in power when he used to be a part of the Asylum...

Madness.

Corey placed both hands on Shadow’s shoulders, and pulled him closer, so they were standing face-to-face.

Corey Casey
Now tell me...who ARE you?

When Corey asked this question, Shadow quietly began to chuckle. It slowly began to build up, becoming louder and louder, until Shadow shouted out:

Shadow Demon
I AM SHADOW DEMON!!!! HAHAAHAHHA!

Corey smiled, and took his hands off of Shadow’s shoulders, who was still giggling manically. The look on Shadow’s face had completely changed. Instead of a look of passiveness and somewhat withdrawnness, it had changed to the crazy, mad look that was his trademark for so long. His eyes zipped around at breakneck speed, and his mouth was bent into a smile that seemed to be redder than a cherry apple.

His face appeared sadistic and humorous at the same time, and at times, scarier than any clown you had ever seen.

Corey Casey
Good...Very good...

Corey had finally achieved his goal. He had finally transformed Shadow back into his original self, the complete, total, of-the-chain one, who was completely consumed by madness. But the best part was that Shadow would still be under his control. It was like having a kamikaze missile that he could shoot anywhere he wanted.

Shadow Demon
Heh heh heh, so, my Lord CASEY...are we gonna go get the proverbial “girl”?

Shadow burst into laughter. He laughed so hard that tears began to drip from his eyes. Corey watched him in admiration and with certain smugness about his own achievement.

Corey Casey
Yes Shadow, yes we are...

At that moment, Corey began ordering the Salvation followers to get into their vehicles and begin the search for Rogue.

======================================================================

Shadow Demon [vs] Dan Alexander

Shadow Demon
“Or, in CC terms”

Heheh, REALLY?

You take yourself that seriously, pal?

Oh pardon me, I already knew that! I already knew that ol’ CC’s mentality was “I’m so awesome because I can kill and torture me, look at me I’m leading Se7en who’s gonna bring back sinning not too unlike what I already tried and failed to do in Salvation but that’s okay I’m just gonna keep trying the same thing until it works because it’s go to work sometime oh well I’ll just keep pegging away”

But fine, try to make me feel I dunno... “wrong” for making tributes to my fellow wrestlers now gone. It’s called “Friendship” something you no doubt have no knowledge of.

OH AN DAN

U NO PROPA SHAMPEEON U TRANSITI0NAL U SUCK U GONNA GET BEAT BAI SHARK U SUCK U NOE HELP ME WIN TEEE EL CEE, Y U NOE HELP ME WIN TEE EL CEE?! 0H WEL I N0 NEED UR HELP 2 WIN TEE EL CEE, I D0 IT BAI MASELF, U SO OVARATTED, IF I HAD TITEL MATCH I WULD BEAT U C0Z U SUCK DAN, AND U SO ARRG0ANT DAN, K?

K.
Back to top Go down

Going Rogue: Running out of Time
Page 1 of 1