Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Explanation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

Explanation Empty
PostSubject: Explanation   Explanation I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:38 am

I know I suddenly disappeared without a trace.

Before I explain why, I'd like to offer my sincerest apologies. That's never fair to do.

Now, as for why I did it:

My computer finally crapped out on me. I've sort of been expecting it (a lot of you know I've had a lot of issues with it recently, so it's sorta been on its last legs). The thing is from 2003. Pretty ancient in terms of computers. But since it's done what I've needed it to do (albeit slowly), and it's kept working, I've never gotten around to replacing it. It's finally crashed...again...and I can't get it working. Instead of getting it fixed...again...I'm just gonna ditch it and get a new one. I actually need to invest in a laptop anyway, since I'll be commuting to and from school this year...but that's irrelevant.

Anyway, with my computer out of commission, I was offline from I think Friday up until tonight. I'm back at the other house, on my other computer...so I'll be here until I head back to my dad's house (Sunday night/Monday morning). I'll be gone from IWF on Monday and Tuesday...and so on until I get this issue fixed.

Again, I'd like to apologize. It's not fair for me to leave without any warning, especially seeing that I'm one of the owners of IWF, and therefore carry a lot of responsibility to keep this place running smoothly. Had I thought of any other way to get here and let you know what was going on, I would have. I couldn't...so I'm sorry.

I hope you guys know that I would never, under any circumstances (except death) disappear from IWF for good without telling you guys. If for whatever reason I need to leave for an extended period of time, I'll be sure to tell as many people as I can before I go, and at the very least, the admins will know. I promise you guys I will never permanently abandon IWF, at least without telling you I need to do so.

So again, I'm sorry for spooking you, I hope you guys can understand the situation. Hope you're not too angry with me about this....I really don't know what else to say about it.

I would, however, like to give a HUGE thank-you to Corey and Shadow for stepping up when IWF needed them most. I know Corey especially had a lot of shit on his plate (which makes me feel even worse about having to take an emergency leave) but he still got the results done. So I'm hugely appreciative. Thank you both.

Thanks again Corey and Shadow. To IWF, I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Explanation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explanation   Explanation I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:47 am

is it bad that i'm actually smiling while reading this? I like seeing my name mentioned so many times in such a positive manner...it's good for publicity...

BEING AN ETA FTW!

Anyways, you're welcome CHUCKLESNAKE! I know you would do the same for me mate. Technology is a bitch and it is very finnicky so i don't blame u at all man. I was just scared u were pulling a "Chuck circa January through March in NLWF 2010" maneuver (when apparently according to jason hawk your college cut off your internet since u were failing at school). Anyways.....welcome back. I kept people from leaving, planned the next month's worth of shows, oh and made SD and Jason admins...

other than that, you're all caught up!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

Explanation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explanation   Explanation I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:51 am

Actually, back in 2010, it was essentially the same issue. My computer decided to be fucking stupid and not work, so I had to use the school's computers. Problem was, the school's computers, for whatever reason, didn't like the NLWF site, and the whole site was extremely difficult to navigate and look at.

Because let's be honest: A school cutting off a student's internet to get him to perform better is kind of a step backwards when you're in college. LOL
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

Explanation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explanation   Explanation I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:50 am

We knew you were coming back, you didn't give us the CSI exit before you left.

THAT'S when we know we're fucked...

Also, because you disappeared with no word does that mean you had the results ready all along and we should show you how grateful we are before you will post them?
Back to top Go down
Ryan Apollos

Ryan Apollos

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record:
Alignment: Face

Explanation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explanation   Explanation I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 9:12 am

glad that's cleared up, my school blocks youtube which is even dumber than any other site in existence.
Back to top Go down
JHawk

JHawk

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: Best Full Throttle Champion EVER!!!!!
Alignment: Face

Explanation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explanation   Explanation I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 am

Mad at you?

THIS GOT ME ADMIN POWERS!!! BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN! Razz
Back to top Go down

Explanation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explanation   Explanation I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Jason Hawk wrote:
Mad at you?

THIS GOT ME ADMIN POWERS!!! BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN! Razz

^I AGIRE LOL

It's good to have you back though Razz
Back to top Go down

Explanation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explanation   Explanation I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:28 pm

I hope it's not the one you just bought ram for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Explanation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Explanation   Explanation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Explanation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Out of Character :: Discussions-
Jump to: