Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my current storyline

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim Patrick

Tim Patrick

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

my current storyline Empty
PostSubject: my current storyline   my current storyline I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:40 pm

my current storyline of my character remembering childhood abuse (psychical, mental, sexual) may contain things that may be "triggers" to those of you who have had to deal with such abuses. if so, please don't read my RPs.

i had to deal with all 3 growing up. this "storyline" is like therapy for me. while intense and totally fucked up, in a strange way I feel like if I write these things out in good RPs, and start winning, in a weird way, it'll be like I'm beating my actual memories, that I'm beating my past.

i don't expect anybody to understand....just putting it out there.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: my current storyline   my current storyline I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:53 pm

I've always said that RP's are very therapeutic. I can't count the number of times I put a lot of personal shit out there in the disguise of some fucked up philosophy of Chuck's. A lot of my darker stuff came when I was suffering from hardcore depression. Ironically, my depression won me two world titles Facepalm

Point is, don't ever feel bad about putting things like that in an RP. If it's entertaining to read (not that child abuse is entertaining, but...fuck, you know what I mean), and you put a little warning like you did telling people there's some questionable content in there, then you're in the clear. And if it helps you in your real life, that's all the better.

Anyway, much appreciated about the warning.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: my current storyline   my current storyline I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:21 am

I guess it's different for me because I never suffered from any of those things, so that's probably why my RPs aren't very much like therapy. I think using RP's as therapy is great though, as I know that it can help you express a lot of emotion through story.

Anyway, yeah, what Chuck said, as long as you think it's good stuff, don't hold back Timmy Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my current storyline   my current storyline I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:48 pm

Tim Patrick wrote:
my current storyline of my character remembering childhood abuse (psychical, mental, sexual) may contain things that may be "triggers" to those of you who have had to deal with such abuses. if so, please don't read my RPs.

i had to deal with all 3 growing up. this "storyline" is like therapy for me. while intense and totally fucked up, in a strange way I feel like if I write these things out in good RPs, and start winning, in a weird way, it'll be like I'm beating my actual memories, that I'm beating my past.

i don't expect anybody to understand....just putting it out there.

Tim. one of my Axel RPs a lil while back was designed to do a couple things like this. I dealt with losing my best friend, my brother, over ten years ago by putting him in my RP. I have not lived a day since his death without the crushing depression losing him laid on me. I also included my 6 yr old daughter in the work, she died of a form of lukemia at age 6 and I always wonder what it would be like to talk to her again. Would she have my attitude, my sarcasm....Her mom and I fought constantly and the doctor and her mom banned me from the hospital near the end and it crushed me. Writing both of these incredible people into my world again was huge therapy so I fully understand....Keep on keepin on man.
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: my current storyline   my current storyline I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:44 pm

Only chuck and jason and apollos and SD will be able to attest to this, but a lot of my earlier rp's and shit were dark. Not like a little dark...i mean fucking D-A-R-K (we talkin' James Shark dark here people Razz ). I was going through a fucking miserable place with no friends and no family to help me get out. RP'ing was all i had as a vent, it was the only way for me to get the demons out of me man. Believe me, if anyone knows what it's like to have rp'ing as a form of therapy man, it's me.

I look forward to running this storyline with you Timmy. I promise that I will try and uphold my end of things and make this shit as realistic as possible. If you need anything from me to set up rp's or segments or whatever, let me know dude. I will gladly do my part to try and get you what you need in order to write the demons down and get 'em out
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

PostSubject: Re: my current storyline   my current storyline I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:51 pm

Dude. We all understand. You don't have to hide anything from us. We are your friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my current storyline   my current storyline I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:51 pm

And now I'm not hiding anything either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my current storyline   my current storyline I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my current storyline
Page 1 of 1