Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corey Casey's Curtain Call

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Corey Casey's Curtain Call Empty
PostSubject: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 6:18 am

5 years ago (my sophomore year of college) I joined an e-mail fed called NAW on Yahoo. I was going through the worst situation anyone could go through and, after writing a few crappy shoot rp's, I began to feel a little better. as NAW grew and turned into a real fed, that feeling i got when i rp'ed grew as well. rp'ing became a way for me to get out all my pent up emotions, whether i was pissed or sad or felt goofy or whatever, rp'ing was a way for me to get everything down on paper.

when NAW shut down and after bouncing around a few other feds...

*Corey Casey looks at Ryan Apollos and Jason Hawk*

I settled into NLWF...which was the best/worst thing to ever happen to me. CC as a character grew and changed into the CC you all know and love (or hate) today. i grew into the current IWF champ...i grew into the #1 uncontested wrestler in the world. But something had changed for me...especially after NLWF died and we formed IWF.

RP'ing had lost it's allure to me. I don't know if it's because my life stopped sucking or if it's because i was writing shows and show outlines and coming up with storyline ideas on top of rp'ing or what...all i know is that rp'ing became more of a chore. To this day, i still struggle to find free time to rp and struggle to get excited about good rp ideas. VVR and I could have the single most amazing storyline in IWF right now...but i just can't find the time or the effort to get cranked up about it like i used to get excited about ideas (see: every time BC brought up the name "Salvation" in NLWF).

With that being said...Corey Casey has decided to go out at Fallout and take his curtain call.

AKA-i'm stepping down from rp'ing

I've thought about this a lot over the last 24 hours...well, maybe more than 24 hours. OOC i'm a real life first year teacher, a soccer coach, i picked up a second job (well technically i've always had this second job up at UNH it's just that things are starting to get busy at that second job), and i am trying to balance my gf and spending time with my friends. I just don't have the time to get shit done like i used to in IWF and in CC's career. Combine all of that with the current new membership (one member specifically) and i don't think i can handle all the drama and pressure that comes with rp'ing and being active with storylines and shit.

Don't worry, I have talked to the other two members of the Rule of Three (Chuck Matthews and Brandon Macdonald) and I have agreed to stay on and help out writing shows and coming up with storyline ideas and shit for whenever i get some free time and such. sundays are (normally) pretty chill for me so i can try and get some show writing done and shit like that still. I am just stepping down in terms of rp'ing and being an active character.

I would like to take the time to personally apologize to VVR. VVR, i know we had/have a storyline going...but i can't give you and this feud 110% right now man. I don't have the time or the drive to give this feud everything that it deserves. I'm sorry man.

To everyone else, i will still be around the site and (depending upon who is in the chatbox) i will be kicking around the chatbox still. I have a lot of things i need to say to a specific new member and i will be sending him a PM sooner rather than later...but other than that, it's been a fun trip boys.

Like i said, i will still be around...i'm just stepping down from active competition after Fallout

~Corey Casey
IWF Admin
IWF Champ
#1 Ranked Wrestler in the World

The Most important thing though...a friend to everyone in IWF Razz
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:47 am

To my knowledge, this is just a temporary gig, and you plan on returning to RP'ing full-time when things are less hectic? That's what I got from the PM, and I remember you saying it's going to be rough for a few months, at least until soccer season is over. Is that right?

Anyway, I have no issue with this. Mostly because I didn't RP for like....my first few months in IWF. I think this actually helps IWF at times, because when you have all three writers RP'ing and running shit at the same time, you run the risk of shit going downhill. Things get done much easier when you have at least one admin stepping out of the spotlight for a bit, as it means he can (IWF-wise) focus solely on shows, and not have to worry about what his character is up to. (Example of this, notice how show results within 24-36 hours was much more common when I was out of action, as opposed to the 48 hour mark since I came back. Part of this is due to my inability to get shit done after RP'ing all day Friday/Saturday.)

Anyway...RP'ing or not, CC is still one of the men in charge, and I fully expect all of you to show him the same respect you would show Brandon or myself...regardless of whether or not you feel he deserves it. It doesn't matter what his character is doing.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Yes, me not rp'ing is a temporary state of affairs until I can settle into a routine and establish myself at school. I also think this will extend until at least the end of October (when the soccer season ends). After that I may or may not take a few more weeks off and then we will go from there.
Back to top Go down
JHawk

JHawk

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: Best Full Throttle Champion EVER!!!!!
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 12:16 pm

So if you are going to RP again in like a month then why did you write this post? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 12:17 pm

because jason i'm going away. im taking an extended leave. i'm stopping rp'ing for awhile. i wrote this post because it might not be the end of october...i might not come back during the school year at all...

NO BODY KNOWS!

mostly because not even i know....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:59 pm

I consider you my Ace CEE CEE and to see you stepping away from this place that you love I know it is rough for you and at the same time I know you wouldn't do it unless you really needed to. I respect you so much fro the help you have given me in developing VVR into the bad ass he has become. I will do ya proud bro....Just so you know I want this feud back on when you come back BIATCH!!! I is a sad panda.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:30 pm

The football season ends in October?!

Does. Not. Compute.
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Well, if New England is anything like Ottawa is in this time (It is), then it starts to snow in November. And soccer players are far too wimpy to play in the snow
Back to top Go down
JHawk

JHawk

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: Best Full Throttle Champion EVER!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:05 pm

I would love to see Brandon tell that to Roy Keane or Vinnie Jones Razz

* Jason Hawk hopes Ruben sees this
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:24 pm

*Corey Casey doesn't know what the hell Jason Hawk is talking about*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:13 pm

*VVR thinks he should take offense, as he plays and coaches soccer, but he is not sure*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 6:14 am

Jason Hawk wrote:
I would love to see Brandon tell that to Roy Keane or Vinnie Jones Razz

* Jason Hawk hopes Ruben sees this

Roy Keane is a bitch, but Martin Skrtel would flip his shit if he had to stop playing cause it was cold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corey Casey's Curtain Call   Corey Casey's Curtain Call I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corey Casey's Curtain Call
Page 1 of 1