Insurgency Wrestling Federation

Insurgency Wrestling Federation

Rise Again
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Help rp's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Help rp's   Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:05 am

What happened:

Steel Angel lost to Robbie Hart. Steel posted 2 rps. Robbie posted one. Syco posted a help rp for Robbie. I posted a help rp for Robbie.

Problem:

Steel and a few others think that help rping is unfair. It should be 1 vs 1. No one should be able to interefere. My help rp in particular was abusive and random.

My rebuttal:

It was still 2 best rps. Therefore it was Robbie's and Syco's rps that counted. Mine was vastly inferior to their rps. My rp therefore had no bearing except that I was involved in the results. And even if people thought my rp was great. It would have just been Robbie's and mines that counted instead of Syco's.

Brian's pacifism:

Brian considers keeping help rp's but only limiting the ability to stable/tag team members.

My view on Brian's idea:
Steel would have still lost if that rule was in effect.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:18 am

They really don't bother me, I wouldnt say DA was a help rp since he was apart of the match tho. I totally also agree with Chucks idea, but then again if two people are in talks about a possible team up, and one of em drops it as a help rp wouldnt that work? Ive been in a few places where the owners loved help rps (as long as the guy your helping, post at least once) I believe its another way of interacting, sure anyone can write someone in as an interference on results, but its a different experience when you take the time out and rp to interfere or help.

Just my two cents, and really this has nothing to do with me winning the match, because in all honest I just found out I won after reading this post! (NEXT TIME SAY SPOILER ALERT DAN!)

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:57 am

It's fair enough, I don't know why people complain about it!!!!!!

People these days, are just not smooth
Back to top Go down
Stygian

avatar

Posts : 482
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 35

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm completely baffled that we even need to have this debate at all. At its core this is a writing contest between two people (or three or four if the match is a triple threat, four corners, elimination chamber et al). If I am taking on, say (since they're a team and this is the example Brian came up with in cbox) Jason Hawk...then the RPS should be me versus Jason Hawk only. Not me versus Jason Hawk, versus Brian Hunt, versus Syco Angle versus Brock Lesnar. Yes, we're all in this to have fun, but at the core this is a writing competition between the relevant parties. I shouldn't have to be worrying about who else is going to shit in my cheerios, or who wants to screw my opponent over. I don't want to lose that way and I don't want to win that way either. It's complete and total bullshit, there is no provision for it in the rules, and to be honest, if there had been? I would not have joined. I would not join any fed where help RPs are allowed, in fact I hadn't heard of them until last night. I can't even believe we have to discuss this. I can't believe it is a debate. That's like, if before the superbowl last year, the Packers had lost Ryan Grant and gone LOL ADRIAN PETERSON! Hey, he's in out division, he's "helping". Or if you want an apples to apples comparison; if I'm in a fantasy league and my firend who has all these ridiculous WR's lends me Jeremy Maclin because he's not using him in a given week, and then Maclin has a monster game and I win? No. That's bullshit. Those aren't the rules of the game. Help RP's are complete bullshit, and if I had known they were allowed I would not have signed up. I'm sorry. You're never going to convince me that they're legit. Not ever. Now if I have to eat a loss because of an angle, that's fine. That's different, and as long as I know that going in? Good. I'll prolly still RP, and RP as hard as I would have to begin with. But if I am RPing against person X, person Y shouldn't be able to fuck me or my opponent over over. Not ever. Whoever writes the best RPs wins, END OF LINE. One way or another, put it in the rules a t least. Whether you allow them or not, it should have been in the rules to begin with, one way or another.

____________________________________________________________________________




(1/29/12 - 2/13/12)
(9/30/12 - 11/25/12)

(12/4/11 - 1/29/11)
Relinquished to become the #1 Contender for the IWF Title.

@ Corey Casey: If Styg wanted ur opinion
@ Corey Casey: He'd take his dick out yo mouth


Figeffect: ...Why am I talking about Styg's sentient penis?


@Steel Angel: congrats Styg, you just earned yourself douchebag of the year Razz


Jaxx Ryder: see what happens when you pick a fight with an evil genius? You get schooled lol

--Said in deference to the master.

@Parker: Stygian be scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stygian

avatar

Posts : 482
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 35

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:29 pm

For the record, I didn't know I had a match against Brian when I wrote that.

____________________________________________________________________________




(1/29/12 - 2/13/12)
(9/30/12 - 11/25/12)

(12/4/11 - 1/29/11)
Relinquished to become the #1 Contender for the IWF Title.

@ Corey Casey: If Styg wanted ur opinion
@ Corey Casey: He'd take his dick out yo mouth


Figeffect: ...Why am I talking about Styg's sentient penis?


@Steel Angel: congrats Styg, you just earned yourself douchebag of the year Razz


Jaxx Ryder: see what happens when you pick a fight with an evil genius? You get schooled lol

--Said in deference to the master.

@Parker: Stygian be scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Stygian I can see your point, but are you saying Syco shouldn't have rped when he was the guest ref? He was apart of the match two. I think this is the reason why its not in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin


Posts : 1020
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, Illinois

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:16 am

The reason I think the whole "If you're a part of a team, it works" thing, is because like...it's almost expected. You have your teammates back. I mean, if you look at the card this week, the main event is Dan Alexander vs Jason Hawk w/Brian Hunt. I mean, since I'm his teammate, I'm there at ringside. Would it be wrong if I wrote an RP to help him? Not only am I his teammate, but Dan knows Brian is right there at ringside, and it's even written on the card that Brian will be right there. It's not a handicap, because I'm not obligated to RP for that match (and can tell you right now, unless my schedule magically clears up, I won't.) However, if I wanted to get involved, I find it hard to argue, simply because 1. Jason and I are a team, and therefore it makes sense that we help each other out, and 2. I'm acting as a manager for that particular match (because we're teammates)

I also think if you help your teammates, it can only help IWF. I mean, I think it would encourage people to go out and form their own alliances between characters, simply to have a friend backstage that can help you out when you need it...lest you have to fight Apex, or Robbie/Death-Angel, the only two currently recognized tag teams in IWF...and therefore currently the only ones who would benefit from that rule.

I don't know. I mean, my take on the whole "Help RP" thing is I think it's great, simply because I haven't really seen it become an issue. It makes my life more interesting as an admin who knows everyone's storylines and shit, to see someone get involved out of the blue. It also encourages storylines, because let's be honest: Steel's match this week opened up so many doors and gave him so much shit to talk about: Why did Dan get involved, the fact that he almost won, despite a biased ref, outside interference, and facing a former IWF Champion...like, he lost, sure. And he lost because of DA (I really can't stress this enough: Dan's RP influenced that match as much as Lindsay Lohan's latest crack binge)

Brandon also brought it to my attention: Like Stygian said, this is a writing contest, at it's most basic. So shouldn't you want to be writing the best RP every week anyway? It's your best two against someone else's best two. If you write the best two, it doesn't matter who you're up against, or who's helping who: you'll win, plain and simple. I can't help but think most of your problem with the whole "helping" system is because you're under false assumptions. Like, if 3 people help Robbie, Robbie has 6 RP's going for him. Not the case. Robbie still has the best 2 to help him out. Also, if someone no-shows, they'll lose. Always. Doesn't matter if someone wrote the RP of the fucking century to help him out. There needs to be an effort to win. Try and you will succeed.

I personally think the whole "help rp" thing is one of those things that makes IWF different from other places. Not only do I not have a problem with it, but I'm all for people doing it, so long as it makes some sense for them to do so. If you have a reason as to why your character would want to get involved in that match, be my guest, get involved. Make your name known. So long as it's not some retarded "Well, I'm bored, so I'm gonna write a bunch of RP's and get involved in as many matches as I can, then say it's just to play mind games." then I'm totally fine with it.

Not that I've ever seen anyone do that Facepalm

____________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:40 am

Like Brian said. I don't care if he help rps this week or not. It's best two rps. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Stygian

avatar

Posts : 482
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 35

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:50 am

Brian Hunt wrote:
The reason I think the whole "If you're a part of a team, it works" thing, is because like...it's almost expected. You have your teammates back. I mean, if you look at the card this week, the main event is Dan Alexander vs Jason Hawk w/Brian Hunt. I mean, since I'm his teammate, I'm there at ringside. Would it be wrong if I wrote an RP to help him? Not only am I his teammate, but Dan knows Brian is right there at ringside, and it's even written on the card that Brian will be right there. It's not a handicap, because I'm not obligated to RP for that match (and can tell you right now, unless my schedule magically clears up, I won't.) However, if I wanted to get involved, I find it hard to argue, simply because 1. Jason and I are a team, and therefore it makes sense that we help each other out, and 2. I'm acting as a manager for that particular match (because we're teammates).

And you can be at ringside and get involved in the match without tagging up an RP.

Brian Hunt wrote:
I can't help but think most of your problem with the whole "helping" system is because you're under false assumptions. Like, if 3 people help Robbie, Robbie has 6 RP's going for him. Not the case. Robbie still has the best 2 to help him out. Also, if someone no-shows, they'll lose. Always. Doesn't matter if someone wrote the RP of the fucking century to help him out. There needs to be an effort to win. Try and you will succeed.

I'm sorry, but you've found my exact problem and then oversimplified it. Let's say your average person has 10 hours to rp a week. It's probably more than we have, but I want a nice round number, so for argument sake, lets say 10. So in a given week I have ten man hours, for argument's sake. Ok. So lets say in our match, as an example since it is booked, you have the same ten man hours I have. Let's say in both our cases we only get the two RP's up. Fine. But lets say that Jason goes "shit, I'm not sure Brian's RPs can measure up, I better help him out." So Jason drops two RP's. Let's not have the argument that he's facing Dan, so he doesn't have an easy road to hoe and not bring superlatives into this. Let's say he finds the time, and puts up two RP's to help out. Here's where the "best two" argument falls flat on its face. Before it was for the best two, out of two. Now it's the best two out of four, two of which he didn't write. Suddenly Brian has four RPs to draw on against my two. Brian now has twenty man hours against my ten. Let's say, because I beat him at VI and he wants to have back at me, Tim comes back for real and he drops in two. Now that's six rp's against my two, 30 man hours against my 10. So now Brian may beat me out of work he didn't do himself, investing his own man hours and using his own time and words to beat me. And don't say "well you should be giving your best". What you see on the boards, I am sure, is week in and week out the best a person had to give that week. Sometimes our best varies from week to week, so it is for us all, but when you're looking for "two best", you have a wider pool to draw from. So maybe, let's just say for my argument, that Brian's first RP is dynamite, but his second one wasn't up to snuff...but the one Jason wrote was wonderful, and it was maybe better than one of mine. Why should Brian get the win for work he did not do? If his best shot isn't enough to win, then so be it imo. It's on Brian and Brian alone to beat me, not two or three people to put a brain trust together. The person who gets help gets more RPs to draw from (potentially) and two or three times the man hours for his benefit. That is why this is utter bullshit, in my opinion. It's not an honest competition. It's someone benefiting from the effort of someone else. I thought we learned that this was wrong in kindergarten?

Look at it this way, let's say you (whomever you are) have to hit a bullseye for some kind of competition. Whatever the stakes or reason, it's irrelevant. You can pick two guns. One has two bullets, one has four. Which gun gives you a better chance to hit the target. Never mind the severely unfair advantage one gains in man hours, which are precious to us all, how about the fact that you get extra shots and someone to cover your ass if you aren't up to it? Now if you widen that pool yourself, that's perfectly fine. If you write four RPs to someone else's two, that's fine, you made the time and put in your own creative effort to try and get the win. But I have a real, legit problem with someone benefiting from someone else's time, effort and creativity.

____________________________________________________________________________




(1/29/12 - 2/13/12)
(9/30/12 - 11/25/12)

(12/4/11 - 1/29/11)
Relinquished to become the #1 Contender for the IWF Title.

@ Corey Casey: If Styg wanted ur opinion
@ Corey Casey: He'd take his dick out yo mouth


Figeffect: ...Why am I talking about Styg's sentient penis?


@Steel Angel: congrats Styg, you just earned yourself douchebag of the year Razz


Jaxx Ryder: see what happens when you pick a fight with an evil genius? You get schooled lol

--Said in deference to the master.

@Parker: Stygian be scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:01 am

Again. People who are help rping take the time to do so. And at the level in your example where Jason and Tim wrote 2 really good rps each that is a lot of work for one cause. The only real benefit goes to Chuck. And Jason and Tim spent 10 hours each on something that won't even affect their record at all. They just did it to see Chuck win.

That's like you and Chuck having a casual MTG game. But Jason and Tim spent 20 bucks each buying him new cards that would give him a better chance of winning. You can still win but as you stated the odds are in Chuck's favor. But in the end all that is gained from this example is a win for Chuck. And Jason and Tim are 20 bucks poorer just because they wanted Chuck to win. I think the real losers are Hawk and Tim.

And that's in a game where there is less to draw from in losing, whereas in efedding if you lose you can use that to your advantage.
Back to top Go down
Stygian

avatar

Posts : 482
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 35

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:10 am

Dan Alexander wrote:
The only real benefit goes to Chuck.

How do you not see the bad in someone benefiting from someone else's effort? Three guys against one, when probably all the working and student type people here, our most precious commodity is time. Why should someone get more man hours because he's been in the fed longer and has friends?

____________________________________________________________________________




(1/29/12 - 2/13/12)
(9/30/12 - 11/25/12)

(12/4/11 - 1/29/11)
Relinquished to become the #1 Contender for the IWF Title.

@ Corey Casey: If Styg wanted ur opinion
@ Corey Casey: He'd take his dick out yo mouth


Figeffect: ...Why am I talking about Styg's sentient penis?


@Steel Angel: congrats Styg, you just earned yourself douchebag of the year Razz


Jaxx Ryder: see what happens when you pick a fight with an evil genius? You get schooled lol

--Said in deference to the master.

@Parker: Stygian be scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuck Matthews
Admin


Posts : 1020
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, Illinois

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:20 am

But with that logic, it would be unfair for me to post 4 RP's against you. Because it allows for a larger draw, and there's a better chance that two of them will be better than whatever you put up. There are no lines drawn in IWF. That's like, one of the biggest things about the entire fed. No word limits, write as long as you want. No RP limit, write as many as you want. Write about whatever you want, in whatever style you want, etc etc etc. Old news.

But that's exactly why we have the whole "Best 2 are scored" thing, because let's be honest: None of us really have equal time. This is half the reason I haven't been able to write a decent RP in ages, and the reason people like Shark or DA could pop out 5 or 6 RP's per week. Schedules are different for everyone. Some people like to write more than others, and would rather keep going and going and posting and posting. The reason we have that "Best 2" thing is so we don't have people winning for exactly that reason: There are more RP's going for them.

What I'm saying is that it doesn't make a huge amount of difference if Jason and Tim helped me out. Because if the issue is that with more RP's, it gives me greater odds of one of them being a winner, is that different than if I had written the 6 RP's myself, and therefore increased my own odds personally?

And again, there are rewards associated with it as well. Like I pointed out: It encourages members to formulate their own storylines. Like Brandon mentioned in the chat earlier, Steel's got a lot of ammo this week, because of the events of last week, and there are a good number who will argue that a good storyline (which resulted from Dan and SA's actions) is better than a regular victory. Sure, he lost...but he also has doors that have opened up that didn't exist before (possible Steel/Dan feud, for instance). Also, if you're welcome to help out your teammates, it encourages members to interact with each other, and form teams to better themselves and their RP's. And IWF interaction is rarely ever a bad thing.

At which point, the question becomes: If you're right, and it's a total bullshit cheapshot garbage matter...is that enough to offset the advantages and perks that the RP's can bring? I'll be honest: I like having help RP's around. I think it adds something to IWF. I can definitely see where you're coming from...but, and I think I can speak for a few others who are in defense of the Help RP's, the rewards outweigh the risks.

Sort of off-topic, but my own little observation:

I think maybe part of how people view it depends on how they view efeds as a whole. I mean, if you see it as a competition, where the goal is to put up your writing against someone else's, and see who can do it better, then yeah, Help RP's fucking blow. But if you're of the mind that the whole point is to tell a story and provide some entertainment, then those kind of RP's tend to do more good than bad. Personally, I'm in the latter category.

____________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:24 am

Stygian wrote:
Dan Alexander wrote:
The only real benefit goes to Chuck.

How do you not see the bad in someone benefiting from someone else's effort? Three guys against one, when probably all the working and student type people here, our most precious commodity is time. Why should someone get more man hours because he's been in the fed longer and has friends?

Because that is reality. Everyone benefits from someone else's work EVERYDAY. And I am not going to list the billions of examples of this. I can see your argument where purely this would be a problem. But there are already bottlenecks in place to keep it from being abusive.
Back to top Go down
Stygian

avatar

Posts : 482
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 35

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:27 am

Brian Hunt wrote:
But with that logic, it would be unfair for me to post 4 RP's against you. Because it allows for a larger draw, and there's a better chance that two of them will be better than whatever you put up. There are no lines drawn in IWF. That's like, one of the biggest things about the entire fed. No word limits, write as long

I think, perhaps, you missed this in my previous:

Stygian wrote:

If you write four RPs to someone else's two, that's fine, you made the time and put in your own creative effort to try and get the win. But I have a real, legit problem with someone benefiting from someone else's time, effort and creativity.

It's someone benefiting from the efforts of someone else, that I have the problem with. If you find the time to write six, that's more than fair, you didn't gain any advantage in man hours or brain power. You did it yourself.

____________________________________________________________________________




(1/29/12 - 2/13/12)
(9/30/12 - 11/25/12)

(12/4/11 - 1/29/11)
Relinquished to become the #1 Contender for the IWF Title.

@ Corey Casey: If Styg wanted ur opinion
@ Corey Casey: He'd take his dick out yo mouth


Figeffect: ...Why am I talking about Styg's sentient penis?


@Steel Angel: congrats Styg, you just earned yourself douchebag of the year Razz


Jaxx Ryder: see what happens when you pick a fight with an evil genius? You get schooled lol

--Said in deference to the master.

@Parker: Stygian be scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stygian

avatar

Posts : 482
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 35

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:28 am

Dan Alexander wrote:
Stygian wrote:
Dan Alexander wrote:
The only real benefit goes to Chuck.

How do you not see the bad in someone benefiting from someone else's effort? Three guys against one, when probably all the working and student type people here, our most precious commodity is time. Why should someone get more man hours because he's been in the fed longer and has friends?

Because that is reality. Everyone benefits from someone else's work EVERYDAY. And I am not going to list the billions of examples of this. I can see your argument where purely this would be a problem. But there are already bottlenecks in place to keep it from being abusive.

Yeah, and I come here to fucking escape that bullshit. If I wanted to be reminded how fucked I am in my day to day life, I wouldn't indulge in fantasy. Leave it to you to find the scarecrow and stuff him with more straw.

____________________________________________________________________________




(1/29/12 - 2/13/12)
(9/30/12 - 11/25/12)

(12/4/11 - 1/29/11)
Relinquished to become the #1 Contender for the IWF Title.

@ Corey Casey: If Styg wanted ur opinion
@ Corey Casey: He'd take his dick out yo mouth


Figeffect: ...Why am I talking about Styg's sentient penis?


@Steel Angel: congrats Styg, you just earned yourself douchebag of the year Razz


Jaxx Ryder: see what happens when you pick a fight with an evil genius? You get schooled lol

--Said in deference to the master.

@Parker: Stygian be scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:34 am

Stygian wrote:
Dan Alexander wrote:
Stygian wrote:
Dan Alexander wrote:
The only real benefit goes to Chuck.

How do you not see the bad in someone benefiting from someone else's effort? Three guys against one, when probably all the working and student type people here, our most precious commodity is time. Why should someone get more man hours because he's been in the fed longer and has friends?

Because that is reality. Everyone benefits from someone else's work EVERYDAY. And I am not going to list the billions of examples of this. I can see your argument where purely this would be a problem. But there are already bottlenecks in place to keep it from being abusive.

Yeah, and I come here to fucking escape that bullshit. If I wanted to be reminded how fucked I am in my day to day life, I wouldn't indulge in fantasy. Leave it to you to find the scarecrow and stuff him with more straw.

The escape is to be a famous pro wrestler. Not to escape rational ways of succeeding.
Back to top Go down
Stygian

avatar

Posts : 482
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 35

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:38 am

Keep feeding the straw man, Dan. Keep feeding him.

____________________________________________________________________________




(1/29/12 - 2/13/12)
(9/30/12 - 11/25/12)

(12/4/11 - 1/29/11)
Relinquished to become the #1 Contender for the IWF Title.

@ Corey Casey: If Styg wanted ur opinion
@ Corey Casey: He'd take his dick out yo mouth


Figeffect: ...Why am I talking about Styg's sentient penis?


@Steel Angel: congrats Styg, you just earned yourself douchebag of the year Razz


Jaxx Ryder: see what happens when you pick a fight with an evil genius? You get schooled lol

--Said in deference to the master.

@Parker: Stygian be scary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuck Matthews
Admin


Posts : 1020
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 26
Location : Chicago, Illinois

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:46 am

Alright, so since I get the feeling the last valid point has been made, and it's just going to go into a shitting contest from here on out, I'm cutting it off now.

Which leads me to the main point now:

What are we going to do about it?

The way I see it, we have a few valid options.

1. Nothing changes. People can help whoever they want, whenever they want, so long as they can find the time to do so.

2. We erase them entirely. You will not be allowed to post for any match other than your own, unless you've previously discussed this with an admin, as well as the people booked for the match.

3. We keep them around, but find a way to regulate them. Keep them limited to teams/stables, keep them limited so long as there's a purpose for doing so (that makes sense). Something to prevent abuse of them.

And of course, if you think of another course of action that isn't in one of these three categories, toss it out there. Remember: It's Your Fed Too (Yeah, remember that?)

I'd like to get this issue settled and out of the way as soon as possible so we can write the rule in (be it to regulate, allow, or ban the RP's), and continue on our merry way.

____________________________________________________________________________

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:47 am

I'll say throw a poll up Chuckles, throw one up with the options you listed and have the roster vote. There for everyone gets a say, and they could (if they want) reply to the poll with there reasons of there vote.
Back to top Go down
BMac

avatar

Posts : 786
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 25
Location : Ottawa, Canada

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:38 am

My personal thought is that we make them regulated. So if you want to write a help RP, you have to have a reason, and you have to run that reason by the admins. That way, you're not just helping because you're bored. If you have a legit storyline reason for it, then I don't mind it.

The main reason I, and probably most of the admins don't mind help RPs is like Chuck said. They show that someone is actually willing to make their own storylines. As most of you know, Chuck, Hawk and I are university students, and Corey teaches full time. Between schoolwork and real work, then writing our own RPs, then writing the shows, as well as working on all the little stuff with the site, it's very hard to have time to plan out storylines for every single person on the roster.

When someone writes a help RP, usually they have a reason. As I said before, I think we need to keep it at that. No random help RPs because you were bored. But anyways, it's great as an admin to see that people are not waiting around for us to give them their storyline, they are actually thinking of their own. I don't know if you guys know this, but I think that EVERY single time someone has PM'd one of us admins about running a storyline, or doing this in a match, etc, we've done it. Every time someone thinks of a storyline on their own, it makes our lives a lot easier, and makes it better for you, because you've actually got a storyline that you have thought out, and enjoy. And we literally accept your idea 95% of the time. The only time we don't accept it is if it completely random and makes absolutely no sense (Syco, I'm looking at you Razz ). But other than that, if you think of a storyline for your character, we WILL run it. We might make some tweaks so that it fits in with everything around it, but it will happen.

If there were to be no help RPs, there would never be any interference. Wrestling has interference. It can't be put any more simply than that. Yes, we all know that WWE, TNA, etc are scripted. But if we put that out of our minds, and look at the storyline aspect of it, people interfere all the time. Every match, you have to wonder about some guy coming from out back and interfering.

If we get rid of interference, that takes a way a whole aspect of the wrestling. Because interference gives you storylines. It gives you something to RP about. Yes, the objective in e-fedding is to win your match. But how much fun is it when you just win every week, but have no stories or anything to go off of? That happened to me once, and I had to quit because I just couldn't do it any more. I can tell you right now that if someone had interfered in one of my matches and cost me to lose, it would have been a hell of a lot more exciting for me than winning every week.

Anyways, a few final thoughts. As Chuck said earlier, you HAVE to RP to have help RPs count. So let's say Robbie didn't write at all last week, but DA and Dan helped and people voted them to win. Steel would definitely win, because Robbie didn't even RP.

Also, if you're part of the match, it shouldn't even be a debate that you're allowed to RP to help someone. Like Chuck said, he's Jason's manager, so if he RPs, it shouldn't be a big deal. Last week, Syco was the special guest referee. Now when you're a special guest referee, and your teammate is fighting, why the fuck would you not help them?

Thats basically my thoughts on the situation. I'm all for putting it to a vote if that's what people want. But personally, I do not want to see help RPs get taken away completely. I'd rather we stick to a regulated system.

____________________________________________________________________________


IWF Record: 24 Wins 7 Losses 2 Draws
Overall Pro Wrestling Record: 42 Wins 8 Losses 2 Draws

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Help rp's   

Back to top Go down
 
Help rp's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Out of Character :: Discussions-
Jump to: