Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

British espionage!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

British espionage! Empty
PostSubject: British espionage!   British espionage! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:39 pm

Duke Reginald’s Hotel Suite
Chicago, Illinois
Monday, March 14th

(Duke Reginald checks his time piece, making sure to take special note of the time)

Duke Reginald
1pm…plenty of time!

(Duke Reginald reaches into the right breast pocket of his finely tailored suit and removes his cell phone)

Duke Reginald
Now what the dickens did I save his number as? Ah!

(Duke Reginald finds the number labeled “Lord Blackwing’s New Engla.” Duke Reginald makes a disappointed tisk tisk noice)

Duke Reginald
Even the bloody American telephones can’t respect a good long British name!

(Duke Reginald thumbs the “call” button and brings the phone up to his ear. While the phone rings, Duke Reginald walks over to the bay windows which offered him a beautiful view of the city of Chicago)

Duke Reginald
It’s enough to make one miss the beauty of London

(Duke Reginald suddenly hears a familiar voice pick up the phone)

Cockfoster
Lord Blackwing’s New England residence, Cockfoster speaking

Duke Reginald
Ah, Cockfoster my good chum! Is Lord Blackwing about?

Cockfoster
Let me inquire Duke Reginald

(Duke Reginald can hear Cockfoster place the receiver on some sort of metal tray and then begin to shuffle about. After a moment of muffled conversation, Lord Blackwing picks up the phone)

Lord Blackwing
Reggie my boy, what's the latest?

Duke Reginald

Well, since phase one of the plan went so swimmingly last night, I decided to take the bull by the horns and crack on with the second phase. I've instructed the boys to carry out their assigned tasks.

(Duke Reginald can hear Lord Blackwing clap once in happiness. Duke Reginald puffs out his chest a bit, feeling his pride swell. It was always a good thing to have a noble and influential Lord pleased with you)

Lord Blackwing

Excellent initiative, Reggie. It did all go rather well the other night, didn't it?

Duke Reginald

A perfectly executed stratagem, my Lord. The damn fools never saw it coming. Who would have thought that a Canadian would be willing to work with us?

Lord Blackwing

Exactly. The beauty was in the simplicity.

(Duke Reginald shakes his head as a smile appears on his face. The quick wit an cunning of Lord Blackwing, despite his age, never ceased to amaze the Duke)

Duke Reginald

It's a wonder Her Majesty doesn't appoint you to the War Council, with such a fine strategic mind as yours. Britain would never go defeated again!

Lord Blackwing

Quite.

(Duke Reginald reaches into his front right pocket and removes his time piece again. It was 1:15pm…he needed to be off if he wanted to make his appointment)

Duke Reginald

Anyway, my Lord, I must be off. Duty calls and all that.

Lord Blackwing

I understand. And remember Reggie, try and be subtle about it.

(Duke Reginald laughs)

Duke Reginald

A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat, eh?

Lord Blackwing

Indeed. Goodbye, Duke Reginald.

Duke Reginald

Goodbye, Lord Blackwing.

(Duke Reginald hangs up his phone and replaces it in his right breast pocket. He then turns and grabs his trench coat and wide brimmed hat as he walks out of his hotel suite. The plan was to observe the lad after all…and what could be more discreet in this American wasteland than a simply horrid outfit!)

--------------------------

Outside of some bloody American School
Chicago, Illinois
Later that day

(Duke Reginald hears the final bell of the day and he lowers his head just enough to mask his eyes from the horde of American children that comes spilling out of the school’s doors. He makes sure to keep an eye out for the child that he wants to terrify though. Finally, he sees the child and brings his tape recorder, which is taped to his right wrist, up to his mouth. Duke Reginald then presses the “record” button)

Duke Reginald
Very intriguing. There is but a small interval of thirty seconds or so between Zachary leaving the school and his being accompanied by someone back to the Matthews residence. It's a small timeframe, but it may be enough to execute the plan should it be necessary...

(Duke Reginald feels a sharp tugging on his trench coat. He turns and sees a snot nosed little American boy looking up at him)

Boy
Hey, Mister, why do you talk like Stewie Griffin?

(Duke Reginald waves the boy off, intending for the boy to flee like the French flee from bathing)

Duke Reginald
BEGONE! I shall not suffer such indolent questions. I said begone boy! Get out of my sight this instant!

(The boy rolls his eyes)

Boy
Whatever, bye Mister.

(Duke Reginald sneers at the boy as he turns and scampers away. Duke Reginald then brings his tape recorder back up to his mouth and presses the “record” button)

Duke Reginald
It seems that for the time being, another course of action would be pertinent.

(Duke Reginald releases the “record” button and looks down at his feet. He feels a sense of anger as he looks up from his shoes and towards the general direction that the stupid American boy had run off in)

Duke Reginald
I say boy! Did you spit on my brand new loafers you cad!?

----------------------------------

Lord Blackwing’s New England Estate
Tuesday, March 15th

Lord Blackwing
Gentlemen, I trust you have all carried out your tasks. William, would you care to report your findings?

(The rest of the Right Honorable Gentlemen turn their attention to William Darlington)

William Darlington
Certainly. I observed Chris Matthews for some time. There doesn't appear to be much weakness in him. A fine practitioner of judo and savate. Honestly, I think we'll have enough trouble besting him in a match, let alone coercing him or kidnapping him or trying to get any sort of information out of him. He seems to have least sentimental connection to the rest of the Matthews family, so it would even be difficult for us to blackmail him. I think this one is a case of best leaving him well alone.

(Lord Blackwing turns around and Duke Reginald can see the disappointed look on Lord Blackwing’s face)

Lord Blackwing
Hmm, this is a touch disappointing. I had hoped to use him as a backup incase we were unable to get Chuck in any way. No bother. Reginald, what do you have to tell me?

(Duke Reginald shuffles his papers and hurriedly checks to make sure his notes are in the proper order)

Duke Reginald
Well, I observed the boy Zachary during the course of a typical day. If we WERE to kidnap him our best shot would be as he leaves school. There is a 30 second or so window whilst we walks to the car that meets him, because it can't park right out the front of the school. However, we would have to strike PRECISELY when we meant to, or the day would be lost. With careful planning it is very achievable, but I would recommend pursuing other available options before relying on this one.

(Lord Blackwing ponders the Duke’s proposal before nodding his head appreciatively)

Lord Blackwing
I agree, Duke Reginald, very wise. Sir Ian? What do you have to enlighten us with?

(Sir Ian rubs the back of his head, which was clearly still smarting quite badly from the beating he had taken from the gargantuan Death-Angel. Meanwhile, Lord Blackwing turns back around to continue inspecting his grounds, which were covered by a thin layer of snow)

Sir Ian
Well, father, I was spotted by that blasted Matthews before I could conduct any really meaningful research.

(Lord Blackwing shakes his head in disappointment)

Lord Blackwing
Of course you were...

Sir Ian
I did manage to ascertain, however, that he, erm, seems to like playing with his dog.

(Lord Blackwing suddenly swings around. Anger is etched deeply into his noble features)

Lord Blackwing
HE ENJOYS PLAYING WITH HIS DOG?! Sir Ian, were you anyone but my son I would have petitioned the Queen herself to reintroduce hanging for your pathetic insolence. Fortunately I foresaw such incompetence and performed a little espionage of my own. I am confident that we will be able to coerce Mr Matthews in to doing our bidding without too much difficulty. You are all dismissed for now. William, Reginald, excellent work again as always.

(William doffs his cap)

William Darlington
Thank you, my Lord

(Duke Reginald bows his head slightly while flourishing his hand)

Duke Reginald
Most graciously put, my Lord.

(Lord Blackwing rivets his gaze on Sir Ian)

Lord Blackwing
Sir Ian. Do NOT disappoint me like this again. Do I make myself clear?

(Sir Ian slumps his shoulders)

Sir Ian
Yes father
Back to top Go down

British espionage!
Page 1 of 1