Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deadline

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

Deadline Empty
PostSubject: Deadline   Deadline I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:51 pm

Alright...so there's been a request to push deadline back a day.

Honestly? I hate moving deadline, regardless of the fact that it's always pushed back, for two reasons.

1. I think we give you plenty of time to write. You know you have 6-7 days to write, it's sort of like...you know what you have to do, you know when deadline is, if you can't write, you can't write. No big deal.

2. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say this: I like stability. One thing I absolutely hated about the old place, and I'm sure there are other places that do this too, is that deadline was constantly getting moved around and changed, and you never knew how long you'd have to write, when the show was, when you needed to have shit done by, etc. I also think it speaks poorly for the fed if guys are constantly coming in, seeing "Cool, deadline is on Saturday" then coming back a couple days later to see it's been changed. Especially because unlike other places, we DON'T send constant emails regarding the state of the fed. It's YOUR responsibility to know when deadline is, and whether you're booked or not. That being said, I feel while those are your responsibility, it's OUR (being the staff) responsibility to inform you of any big changes (Like deadline changes), and we can't expect you to be 100% aware of everything at all times.

I'll stop ranting now before I start sounding like a tyrannical douchebag. That's my personal view. Corey and Brandon may think differently, and they might change deadline from week to week. Personally, I hate changing deadline, I like having a set day for everything to be done...yeah. That's how it is.

That all being said: This seems to be a recurring issue, people having difficulty writing, asking deadline to be extended. I think that might be a fault of ours, for putting deadline on Friday nights. I realize most of you have school, jobs, real lives, etc. during the week, and it might be that your best days to write are over the weekend...unfortunately, by the time the weekend rolls around, deadline has passed.

SO, here's the basic point here: Should we move deadline to a different day? I've heard "Move the show to Monday" and I offered to permanently move deadline to Saturday nights instead. Honestly, I don't care either way. My only problem is that we're getting requests to move deadline. I hate doing it week to week. But if we can get a set day to post deadline which accomodates as many people as possible, that (to me) is way better than having people every week asking for an extension.

Your thoughts?

Again, sorry if I sound like an asshole. That's not my intention. My goal is to make things as easy and as fun for you as I can, while still keeping things relatively organized/stable. Lest we slip into the deadly cycle of continuously extending deadlines, meaning we have to cut out shows, and post results later and later (NLWF guys know exactly what I'm talking about.)

So...yeah. Input. What works best for you guys? Or should we just keep things as is, and leave deadline on Friday nights?
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Deadline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline   Deadline I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Honestly, i think we should move the deadline to Sunday night at midnight (meaning the deadline will be one minute after 11:59pm on Saturday night). I think this for two reasons:

1.) it gives those of us who are fucking busy as hell during the week a weekend night/day to write and, thusly, gives more people a chance to rp

2.) it gives us as the staff a chance to use all day sunday to write and maybe a little bit into monday. i don't know about everyone else, but for me personally, i am pretty damn busy during the weekends. I am either in boston or i am drunk or working during the weekends since i work all week as an unpaid education master's student student teaching little bastards. I would enjoy having a saturday to rp every now and then should the case arise.

Again, i think after we pick a day we should keep it that day until the end of time. i agree with chuck...consistency is something i really want to strive for. the way shit was with the fluctuating fucking rp deadline...it fucking sucked. i think that, if we decide to move it to sat nights, that we should keep it that way until the sun fucking implodes!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Tim Patrick

Tim Patrick

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Deadline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline   Deadline I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:37 pm

Corey Casey wrote:
Honestly, i think we should move the deadline to Sunday night at midnight (meaning the deadline will be one minute after 11:59pm on Saturday night). I think this for two reasons:

1.) it gives those of us who are fucking busy as hell during the week a weekend night/day to write and, thusly, gives more people a chance to rp

2.) it gives us as the staff a chance to use all day sunday to write and maybe a little bit into monday. i don't know about everyone else, but for me personally, i am pretty damn busy during the weekends. I am either in boston or i am drunk or working during the weekends since i work all week as an unpaid education master's student student teaching little bastards. I would enjoy having a saturday to rp every now and then should the case arise.

Again, i think after we pick a day we should keep it that day until the end of time. i agree with chuck...consistency is something i really want to strive for. the way shit was with the fluctuating fucking rp deadline...it fucking sucked. i think that, if we decide to move it to sat nights, that we should keep it that way until the sun fucking implodes!

this
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

Deadline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline   Deadline I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:41 pm

Decision has been made:

This week, deadline will NOT be pushed back. You have all day tomorrow to RP, as originally planned. It seems a lot of people are struggling this week...but to be honest, it's almost expected, seeing that we did have a shorter than average week, and we just came off of our first PPV.

From now on, though, deadline will be a day later. That is, instead of being Friday nights at midnight, it will now be on Saturday nights, midnight (Eastern Time).

This means Midnight as in "Saturday to Sunday" not "Friday to Saturday."

If you're having trouble with timezones and shit, there is a countdown timer on the portal that tells you how long you have until deadline. The timer doesn't care where you live. No matter where in the world you are, it's always the same amount of time until deadline Wink

Anyway...we hope this makes things easier/less confusing for everyone.

All shows, Battle Grounds or PPV's, will now be on Sundays...as opposed to the Battle Grounds Saturday/PPV Sunday system we had before.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Deadline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline   Deadline I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deadline
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Out of Character :: Discussions-
Jump to: