Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spring Fling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 11:05 pm

So, I don't know who has been reading the discussion we've been having on the "Spring Fling" GFX thread that Aric Voss posted but the admins have been wanting to take IWF on a world wide tour, kind of have shows all over the world in different locations and such.

With that in mind...I'd like to see where you guys think we should go! I'm thinking this tour will last exactly one month or so [maybe like, 5 weeks] so that'd be 5 different locations. in your suggestion you should include the following:

City
Country
Arena
Reason

The best locations with the best reasoning wins!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:47 am

Oops. I already posted my thoughts in that other thread.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:57 am

I gotchu homie

Chuck Matthews wrote:
Ideally, I'd like to hit all of the foreign
stars hometowns. Visit to Faroe Islands. Sweden. Mexico. Japan. The
usual.

Or we can do what we did in NLWF, and have a different
country each day, and spend a week in each general location. Since I
planned 85% of WWT back in NLWF.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:06 am

DUNKNO Homie got ma back.

Thanks Shark. I'll pay you back on Tuesday
Back to top Go down
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:27 am

City: Athens
Arena: O.A.C.A. Olympic Indoor Hall
Reason: The Olympics, the most sporting event in the world...fuck the Superbowl, fuck the World Series, fuck Fifa...the most popular sporting event in the world started in this city. To hold IWF matches in the same place where legendary events of history have taken place? Unparalleled.

City: Rome
Arena: The Colosseum
Reason: Not some shitty little sports arena where some Italian soccer team or basketball team plays. The Fucking Colosseum. It's alreadya tourist trap so some of the infrastructure is in place. We'd have to come in WCW Road Wild style. Bring all our vendors and concessions peole in in festival tents and trailers outside the joint, and it would probably be a "Bring your own seat" event. It might even be logistically impossible. But just the chance to fight in The Colosseum, just the chance to spill blood where the gladiators and legends of old did...maybe all the matches should have a "first blood" type of stipulation just to be sure.
Back to top Go down

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:32 am

City: No City
Arena: No Arena
Reason: Ma Niggas
Back to top Go down

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 7:37 am

City: Havana
Arena: FIDEL CASTRO'S HOUSE (or you know, not)
Reason: Wouldn't it be awesome to bring IWF to COMMUNISTS?!
Back to top Go down
Ryan Apollos

Ryan Apollos

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record:
Alignment: Face

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 11:20 am

City: Barcelona
Arena: Camp Nou
Reason: How about over 99,000 in attendance? Is that a good enough reason?
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:48 pm

City: Moon
Arena: Newt Gingrich's Moon Colony Arena
Reason: It's the fucking Moon Colony
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 3:01 pm

City: Las Vegas
Arena: Justin Kash's Backyard
Reason: SO MUCH KASH MONEY! THE KASHIEST PLACE ON EARTH! WHY DON'T WE HOLD EVERY SHOW THERE?!
Back to top Go down

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:49 am

How about Antarctica? Haha, I mean, this is fantasy wrestling so we can basically go anywhere...have the Inuits construct a stadium for us Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:42 am

City: Paris
Arena: Under the Eiffel Tower
Reason: You can call the episode 'Battle Grounds: Under the City Lights' It's something different, and picture the sick spots you cats could write about incorporating the base of the Eiffel Tower!
Back to top Go down

Spring Fling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Fling   Spring Fling I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Here's the world tour that IWF needs to take!

Spring Fling Stadiumaustralia
City - Sydney
Country - Australia
Arena - ANZ Stadium
Capacity - 83k - 85k

Australia is a great city to host a wrestling event, with a spring feel to it. The beaches, the weather and that awesome open stadium that can hold approximately about 85k. This is my top pick.

Spring Fling Stadiumjapan
City - Saitama
Country - Japan
Arena - Saitama Super Arena
Capacity - 30k

The Japanese has always been great fans in the wrestling world, I think giving them a visit for one of our world tour events, would be a great selection. Also unique destination from a spring event.

Spring Fling Stadiumitaly
City - Verona
Country - Italy
Arena - Arena di Verona
Capacity - 30k

We have to go Europe and I was not about to select England, which is way over used for wrestling events. So let's be GLADIATORS for one night and show Rome what's the IWF is all about.

City - Rio de Janeiro
Country - Brazil
Arena - HSBC Arena
Capacity - 15k - 18k

Too lazy to go look for a pic of the stadium. However Brazil is a rising power, it's a force in the sports world with it been selected as home to the World Soccer and Olympics in the next decade. Brazil has introduced some of the top athletes in the world, whether it's from Soccer or Mixed Martial Arts. The climate is perfect for the spring show and being it's an international show, let's show South America some recognition.

City - Johannesburg
Country - South Africa
Arena - Ellis Park Stadium
Capacity - 65k - 70k

Same here too lazy to look for pics. - We have not traveled the world, if we forget Africa (well South Africa in this case). Again the weather should be great in the city of South Africa with an open stadium that holds close to 70k.

Official theme song for the tour? Here's what I think it should be...