Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Last Word on the Matter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

The Last Word on the Matter Empty
PostSubject: The Last Word on the Matter   The Last Word on the Matter I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 7:16 am

So, seeing that this IWF/WEW thing is over and done, I think it would be good to reflect on what was awesome, and what went wrong. One of those "State of the IWF" things I like to do.

Overall, it actually wasn't all that bad. From what I understand, this whole thing started because a few members from each side had a fun little argument, which culminated into a company-wide thing. As far as I was aware, there was no REAL issues, just good clean character stuff. Which is cool. Glad you guys handled that so well. But, as you all saw, things went awry. And my own investigation/reflection, I think I've figured out why.

I think our first mistake was agreeing to letting some random third dude in on it. To be totally honest, that Chris guy (I know a lot of you believe he and WEW's owner are the same guy. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) was about as useful as a paraplegic tightrope walker. Except the tightrope walker is a hypocrite, and likes to think he's far more important than he actually is. Let's be completely honest: For one, his claim to be completely unbiased was total and complete horseshit. He penalized IWF's stuff because we offended him.

Now, if you're an judge, and you're supposed to be unbiased...by definition, that means you're judging based 100% on the evidence at hand. This dumbass was about to judge, and deduct points from IWF because of personal issues he had against us. But he claimed to be unbiased. Either he was a straight-up moron, or he had a poor grasp on what the word "unbiased" actually meant. But hey, what do I know, right? I mean, it's not like knowing how to properly use words in a sentence is my line of work...Oh wait, I'm an English teacher. That's EXACTLY what I do with my time.

Number two, his sole purpose was to read RP's, and judge them. Like, literally, ALL he had to do. And this somehow took.....three days. The only job he was needed for, and he couldn't even handle that. I have no idea why he insisted on running an entire site, posting everyone's applications for them, and posting the card, when literally anyone in either company would have been capable of doing the same thing.

I think my biggest issue with the guy, though, was how painfully condescending he was. As if he was the highest authority on how to run a fed...despite the fact that Brandon, Corey, and I have been doing it for over a year now, and WEW's Owner has a good grasp on his own fed as well. This Chris dude acted like he was God, and WEW and IWF were his good little children who needed to respect him, or he wasn't going to play our game.

This caused two major problems.

1. We actually didn't need him at all, and he overplayed his role in the whole thing to an almost humorous extent.

2. IWF doesn't react well to outsiders telling us what we can and cannot do.

I think the second major issue we ran into was, quite honestly, the clash of style between the two of us. And, really, I think this proved to be the greatest problem of all.

WEW is used to "Friendly" RP's (you'll understand what I mean in a second) which are short in length, but say a lot in few words. They also like to use real people, something which is taboo in IWF.

IWF is vulgar, at times over-the-top, and we're 100% original. There's never been a "real" person in IWF, except for maybe one.

Fact is, IWF is very set in its ways. We don't know how to react when we're suddenly up against Dolph Ziggler. Hell, I had to ask the WEW guys here how WEW looked at these characters, because even I had no clue how to even approach this. I'm not used to it. I'm used to things being 100% fictional. I'm used to this concept of IWF taking place in a whole other world where WWE, TNA, don't even exist.

This clash also causes issues because there's no standard for what makes for a "good" RP. I mean, we look at WEW's and laugh like "How the fuck did they expect to beat us?" But what I think many fail to remember is that they looked at ours and saw a lot of words. Like in NLWF, there were a select few who could actually keep writing, and their RP's would remain interesting no matter how big the thing got. For a lot of people, there's a limit. Once they hit a certain point, anything more just starts dragging on, gets boring...more is not always best. You get it. The point here is that unless your name is Goldberg, WEW actually did put up some solid work, and I commended them for that. Do I think they beat us? In some cases, yes. Do they think we beat them? Again...you'd be stupid to think otherwise.

I would like to say, though, that it was a good time, and regardless of how it ended, I'm damn proud of IWF for stepping up to the plate and defending our place with honor. I think IWF has a bad habit of pissing off everyone around us. Honestly? I don't care. It's never stopped us before, and I doubt it ever will. I think, just like RK, just like Triple B, just like NLWF...WEW will make their judgments about us, they'll badmouth us every chance they get...but at the end of the day, their words carry no weight. They can say we have attitude problems. They can say we're arrogant, we're cruel, we're classless. Does this bother me? Not in the slightest. Why?

Because we have a core.

You guys ever wonder why I don't care when people come in and try to steal our members? Because I know it's a lost cause. The reason I love IWF is because it's completely indestructible. It's untouchable. People on the outside hate us. But as soon as they step foot in IWF, and see what we're really about, their attitudes change. Ask Cody Taylor. Ask VVR. Ask Aric Voss. Three guys with experience in other feds. And (correct me if I'm wrong), they love IWF. And there's a reason for that. We have this family atmosphere that I've honestly never seen before, not in 4 years of doing this. I don't know how we did it...but it's there.

We're a fucking family. As as a family, we step in and help out when another one is in trouble. I see IWF like the wrestling promotion of the world. We don't have huge numbers. We don't have two shows. We always promised we'd never have tons of stupidly unnecessary titles. What we do have? The best damn writers in the world.

No, seriously. The fucking world. We even have a guy who speaks English as a THIRD language.

Who else can say that?

Sometimes, we're brash. Sometimes, we say things we probably shouldn't. Sometimes, we do something extremely stupid, and go on to regret it later.

This is not one of those times.

When I look at the course of events for the last couple days...I actually can't find anything questionable that IWF did. The exception to this, of course, was letting Corey off his leash. But we only did that AFTER we were wronged. I don't know if I missed something, or if I'm just at a higher level of thinking...but I can't look at this situation and say "You know what, guys? I think we screwed up." I fail to see anything morally questionable about what we did. The things we did do, we did either after we were attacked, or they were things that WEW was equally guilty of.

At the end of the day, I think you guys showed exactly what IWF is all about. We do not back down. I won't speak ill of WEW, and I won't say this is what they did...but my theory is that this is something they're not used to. I think they're used to going around and stomping on other feds. Other feds back down. IWF doesn't. And when we step up, we step up hard, and we prove why we're the most vicious and most competitive place on the net.

Some feds run on classiness. Some run on size. Some run on trying to be the most irritating dirtbags (Looking at you, EWA). IWF runs on pride and competition. We're the best writers in the world, and we'll prove it to anyone who wants to try and call that into doubt.

People outside IWF hate our guts. I don't care. So far, nobody on the outside has ever said anything about IWF that we haven't been able to crumple up and throw right back in their faces.

-They said we wouldn't last a month. That was last year.
-They said nobody in IWF could possibly have fun with IWF's management in charge. People went on record saying IWF had some of the nicest, most down-to-earth admins they'd ever met.
-They said we could never beat anyone from their fed. Their members went on record saying they were sure they lost.

We're going to be around for a long time. We don't need to be a huge, thousand person fed. Every fed on the face of the earth preaches "Quality over quantity." We're one of the few that actually practice it. We may not have hundreds of active members. We might not have dozens of titles, or multiple shows, or any of that stuff. But the small number we have are the best around. We have some of the best writers. The best results. The best gfx. Every fed has its flaw. Ours is, and likely always will be, poor diplomatic relations.

But so long as people keep joining our ranks, and being welcomed into the IWF family, I don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks of us. People in IWF know what's really going on. Everyone outside it is just missing out.

I'd like to give a special mention to Stygian for keeping a level head throughout this event, and taking the high road, even when both IWF and WEW failed to do so. I think that should be recognized.

I'd also like to give a bow to Andree Perez. I learned today she plays Catelyn Vaine in WEW, and I'm pleased to have her on the IWF team as well. I think she and I worked well tonight to come up with in-character results for the IWF/WEW event that both of us could be proud of.

And, as usual, I'm giving a pat on the back to everyone in IWF who participated in the event. Win or lose, you showed WEW what IWF is all about. We will not be looked down at. We will not be pushed aside because we're a young fed. We talk a good game, but when the time comes to show them what we're made of, we push the bar to a whole new level. I applaud you.

Now, in a bit of an ironic twist...on to Isolation.

-Chuck Matthews
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The Last Word on the Matter   The Last Word on the Matter I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 8:23 am

I'm honestly still trying to get a grasp on everything that bloody happened. I know a few people pissed the guy off asking if it was still happening and what not but other then that, what did IWF do exactly?
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: The Last Word on the Matter   The Last Word on the Matter I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:14 pm

"IWF doesn't react well to outsiders telling us what we can and cannot do."

^^Understatement of the CENTURY

"When I look at the course of events for the last couple days...I actually can't find anything questionable that IWF did. The exception to this, of course, was letting Corey off his leash. But we only did that AFTER we were wronged"

^^When something absolutely, positively has fucked up beyond belief...you let CC off his leash, sit back, and watch the Chaos ensure

...i feel like that should be a gimmick of mine at some point LOL
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Word on the Matter   The Last Word on the Matter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Word on the Matter
Page 1 of 1