Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Formal Introduction

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Formal Introduction Empty
PostSubject: A Formal Introduction   A Formal Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:13 pm

The scene opens up to a shot of a seemingly ritzy-looking living room area. Italian leather sofas and various silk-made accessories adorn the living quarters as a warming inferno blazes in the fire place, no doubt enveloping the room in it's warmth. The focus shifts to a shot of the front door. The door swings open as a man wearing a suit casually walks in. He gives off a smile on his face as he fills the room with his seemingly positive energy that he brings with him everywhere he goes. He walks up to the nearby closet and takes out clothe hanger, proceeding to neatly hang up his jacket before taking a blue sweater vest out from said closet and puts it on over his white dress shirt. He takes off his black dress shoes and places them near the front door. He grabs a pair of casual-looking sneakers nearby and laces them on.

"Another day, another dollar. That's what most, if not, the whole lot of you people tend to say at the end of the work day. Me, on the other hand, I don't live by such an inane mantra that is practically the common man's national anthem. My name, is Claude Olso, and I, myself, am an uncommon man living in an oh so common world, a cruel world full of vice and bigotry. It is now, quite frankly, a dog-eat-dog world out there where only the so-called "high and mighty" survive while the not so fortunate members of this dilapidated society wallow and wither away into utter obscurity that is the lower and middle-class at the bottom of the social and economic food chain. I may be an uncommon man, but I am not THAT different from you people. I pay my fair share of taxes, I have mortgages on homes, hell, I even have a little stiffness in the bones like some men around my age range. I bleed the same blood and we all share similar anatomies."

"What really makes me different from you people is that unlike the uncivilized, attention deprived, easily persuaded, media and money mongering, sometimes barbaric, somewhat hysteric, and downright pathetic commonalities that plague our society today, I, myself, tend to have set morals on how I conduct myself in this hollow, shallow shell that you call "society". I'm a friendly fellow, I greet just about everyone I come across. I give everyone, no matter what their race, sexuality, gender, whatever, the benefit of the doubt of being good, decent, hard working individuals. I greet these people but what am I greeted with, you may be wondering? Scowls, stink eyes, flipping birds on a few rare occasions, a gruff mutter but not a single polite utterance comes out of any single one of your mouths. What has become of our society? Does the sun in the sky look the same to you? Is a friendly smile much too hard find? Have we all lost ourselves a brotherhood with all mankind? Everyone of you people strive to achieve the American dream, but what you people oh so fail to realize that it is simply just that, a dream, a fallacy, an absolute nightmare for most of you struggling to make yourselves a living today. You all strive to attain that almighty dollar out of greed, lust, and envy, but it's those very vices, and much more I'm sure, that lead you all to fall flat on your faces with your feet in the air. You're kicking and you're screaming your obscenities and profanities over your dire situation and I notice you people tend to point the finger at everybody else but yourself because you are all just too damn proud to claim responsibility for your own failed actions and downfalls. What really disgusts me the most about you people, is that some of you even have the raw nerve to blame our father who art in Heaven for your own mistakes. Did any of you ever take into account that it was probably and more than likely your own greed or laziness, your constant need to live below or beyond your means that resulted in your folly?"

"I, myself, am a man who lives well within his means and within the means of my family as a whole. I am without a doubt a proud breadwinner alongside my wife and we work together to make sure there is food on the table for us and for our children. We ask and take nothing more, nothing less. I work my finger to the bone to make an honest living and any excess cash that I may find myself having on me, I give to charity to help benefit, better, and prolong the lives of those people who are much less fortunate than I am and I come out of it feeling like a better man knowing that I've done our society a huge favor by looking out for my fellow man while the grand majority of the selfish masses stand idly by, lining up the checks and cash in their pockets to go splurge on materialistic and otherwise redundant, immoral services."

Olso takes a few seconds to collect his breath before going on.

"I'm afraid I am getting far too ahead of myself at the moment. Gone are the days of the common man being an honest man. No, those days have long since passed us by. People have decided to think that "it's cool" to go up against the grain and try to be somebody that they most certainly are not. With rebellion comes selfishness and with selfishness you people have all but lost every sense of morality in every fiber of your being and with that you lose yourselves in the process. I know I speak the truth because I have seen it all firsthand, life experience. I'm also not afraid to admit that I was part of the..."common denominator" at one, dark point in my life. I too pointed the finger at everybody else I believed were to be held accountable for my failures. All in all, I was one you people; a whiner. I whined and complained and rebelled until a ray of hope came my way, enlightening my jaded vision and outlook. My eyes were opened to the glorious truth and I sucked my pride and left the wrestling business during my first go-around. I came out being a much better man because of it, my life took a turn for the better, I got myself a good paying job in it's place and I had more time to become a much better husband and father to my family. I am now a part of the 'uncommon denominator' and you all could be, too."

"Heck, I know I may come off as a so-called "whiner" to you people right now, but I'm a man who firmly believes in the saying that 'action speaks louder than words'. The empowering words that leave my lips can only do so much to better the lives of my fellow man, but I do have hope, I SINCERELY have hope that you people will open shrug off your ignorance and open your ears for once and listen to what your friend he has to say and follow my example Just suck up your gosh dang pride, learn from your mistakes, break free from the vices that surely binds each and every one your lives and you can come out of it a much better person than you've ever felt in your entire lives. Which brings me...to here."

"Not just the IWF but the entire wrestling industry as a whole has been plagued by something that I like to call, 'the common cold'. I'm a man who's sort of a student of the game and whenever I find myself watching today's product with my son, I am absolutely appalled at what I see unfolding on my television screen on a weekly basis. I can't even believe that there used to be a time where wrestling was a sporting spectacle, spectated by hundreds upon thousands of people who pay to see titans among men compete against one another for the sake of sheer and pure honor alone. Now looking at the current product today, it is nothing but a shallow, hollow shell of it once was with it's excess violence, profanity, obscenities, promiscuity, and all that such nonsense and absolute garbage. You people see two men so-called "wrestling" one another, I see two poor excuses for true pure athletes killing each other with rather blunt objects. You see a dare devil defy gravity by performing a 450 off some scaffolding, I see a moron putting his life at risk for cheap entertainment. You see some "hot babe" take her clothes off for your viewing pleasures, I see an insecure, young lady of a harlot degrading herself for cheap entertainment. Not just that, you have some rare, gifted athletes out there who are only in the business for the paycheck and fame that comes with it. They flaunt around their money and lavish lifestyles in your face and have no shame in doing so because pompous dumbbells like them know no shame. I, myself, am a man who cares nothing for such materialistic and shallow desires. I bear no such qualms. I wrestle for the thrill, honor and excitement of the sport. I aim to entertain nobody. If you people are offended by that statement, then you can all kindly turn the channel whenever I make my presence felt. If you are the rare few who want a real hero to look up to, then watch carefully at the 'stories' I tell in the ring and listen for the glorious truth whenever I so decide to address you people and you people alone. Unlike my fellow 'peers', and I do use that term extremely lightly, who pretty much all compete in this business for the sake of taking hold of a worthless piece of fool's gold and strap and call themselves a so-called 'champion!' I only aim to get the message heard loud and clear on the current state of affairs of this business. I fully intend on helping to better lives and bring back some gold old fashioned family values to a disgraced sport that has been devoid of such for years upon years."

"What has become of moral family values nowadays anyway? I mean, really? Everything on the Telly is just trash tv, so much so that my kids are reduced to just an hour of television viewing a day. Has our society's standards really devolved so much so that our kids, who I believe to be our future, are looking up to the likes of those charlatans from the Jersey Shore and all that such trash as role models to look up to and strive to be like in their future lives? Not on my watch and you people better believe that that won't happen on my watch. I am going to plant my feet firmly into the ground and stand up, rising to the occasion and become the guiding light in such dark times to be that role model that not only just your children, but you YOURSELVES can look up to in hopes of being as such one day. Despite how you people may interpret my words of being, I'm no cynic. I am not a pessimist. I do have hope that we as human beings can better ourselves, as is our human nature. I believe in you people that you too can be righteous, uncommon citizens much like myself. I can only hope and pray that you people will believe in me as your ray of hope, to help usher in a new age of selflessness and virtue , devoid of selfishness and vice. I know you people will most likely lash out as me, as is your primal, neanderthalic nature but believe me when I say that I am not the bad guy here. It may be the most bitterest pill for you people to swallow but I'm only doing this for your own good, to spare you all from mindless drivel week in and week out."

Olso takes a breather before giving off another wide grin.

"I'd like to thank you all for your time, or better yet, your lack thereof. My name is Claude Olso, and I believe in you."

The scene fades out to black as Olso continues smiling for the camera.
Back to top Go down

A Formal Introduction
Page 1 of 1