Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ain't nothing gonna hold me down

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ain't nothing gonna hold me down Empty
PostSubject: Ain't nothing gonna hold me down   Ain't nothing gonna hold me down I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:53 pm

She still remembered the pain, still remembered the exact moment that she felt soft tissue give way and destroy the next few months of her life. She remembered the overwhelming despair that followed in that eternal moment between shock and the rush of pain. She remembered coming down off the painkillers hours, maybe days, later with IWF on the TV, and realizing that she didn’t have the necessary strength in her arm to make her shoe fly all the way across the room to the screen.

She remembered the blackness.

She had never been the sort to let life destroy her, but the weeks leading up to the injury had robbed her of almost everything but her job. Her torn ligaments stole even that from her. There were some days where it was all she could do to drag herself out of the bed. Some days it was difficult to make it across the room to the bathroom, only to crawl back into bed when she was finished. Most of the time she slept, or stared at the wall until hunger overruled her lack of appetite. She felt like a fog had been pulled over everything, like the black cloud followed her even in the daytime, and swallowed her up into oblivion when she slept.

Some days, Andrew came home from his job and made her get out of bed and into the shower. As it would turn out, ignoring the whole world could be a smelly affair. He would cook, and drive her to her physical therapy appointments. She didn’t know how she would have survived without her little brother during the dark time. He was the one who managed to drag her out of her deep depression, a little bit at a time.

But even her brother’s efforts were not enough. She couldn’t seem to find the spark again. She couldn’t seem to find a reason to enjoy life. There were many days where she would slide into that deep and disturbed sleep again and pray that she didn’t wake up. She was too tired to fight anymore. She didn’t have the strength to fight the whole world. How was she supposed to get past this injury and make the whole world believe she would fight to the death when she didn’t believe it herself anymore? Too much weight on her shoulders had finally taken its toll, and her injury was the last straw.

She began to believe that she’d never be able to feel okay again. She had managed to make it out onto the back porch one morning, though, when her phone beeped at her. She checked it, and found that Amber had written her a message. Even though Stygian and his girls had been in Japan for a while now, the friendship between Rosalie and Lilah had continued to grow at a distance.

Rosalie roused herself from her position curled up in her deck chair long enough to open the message, and she frowned at it and read it again. She didn’t know how Amber had figured out how that she needed a good kick in the pants, but she had just gotten one. She fired back a quick message, nothing more than a terse acknowledgment, and pushed herself up and off the chair. She knew her anger would subside after a bit, and there was no reason to say things that she didn’t mean or would regret.

She needed to move beyond physical therapy, and back into real training. It had been far too long since she had been in the ring, or even watched the show. This was not behavior befitting of a knight, much less one who called herself the Queen of the Ring.

She had work to do.

Hey, sis. You’re looking much better. How are you feeling?

Rosalie glanced over at Andrew and grinned. “I’ve been better, but at least I’m not curled up in a little ball anymore.” She could see the terminal coming up quickly, and she would have to leave him in a minute, to fly to New Hampshire. To get back on the road. To begin her quest for the top all the way from the bottom again because of the injury and the way she’d reacted to it. She gripped the door handle tightly, starting to feel more determined and more nervous, rather than the excitement that she’d felt earlier while packing.

You’ll do fine. I’m sure they wouldn’t have cleared you to go if your elbow wasn’t healed up enough.” Her brother pulled the car up to the curb, and she opened the door, but didn’t get out yet.

It’s not my elbow I’m worried about. I don’t know if my head’s in the game the way it needs to be.” She gave him a bit of a crooked smile and opened the back door to retrieve her suitcase.

Well, don’t worry about me, and don’t think about Ethan, and don’t think about anything but the show. It must go on, right? You’ll be fine, Rosie. I have faith in you.

She laughed faintly, and gave a little shake of her head. “Thanks, bro. I’ll text you when I’m on the ground.” She closed the doors, and waved her brother off, before she turned toward the waiting airport doors and took in a long, deep breath. She could do this. She was good enough. Time to make the rest of the world know it, too.

[i]Rosalie sits in the stadium seats before the event, staring down at the ring with a pensive look on her face, hands folded and pressed up against her lips. It’s clear that there’s something heavy weighing on her mind, but she hasn’t voiced it yet.

She remains silent as she traces over the lines of the ropes with her eyes, as she imagines many other battles that have been fought in the squared circle. She’s taken a fall, that’s for sure, but she’s back, and she looks strong. She looks healthy. She looks ready.

She begins to speak without preamble, as is her usual manner. It’s as though she’s speaking to a friend, but one that is off-camera.

You know, it’s a funny thing. I came into the Insurgency with something to prove, and I came in full of fire and bluster and naiveté. I’m not so naïve anymore. People like James Shark and Robbie Hart have made sure of that. There have been new faces in the time that I’ve been gone with my injury, and I’m sure they all have something to prove, too. What they don’t have in the same way that I do is the need for redemption.

Adree, honey, you remind me of me. You’re young, and you’re new, and you want to prove that you can run with the big dogs. I’d be stupid not to consider you as even a potential threat, because I’ve been in your shoes before. But sugar, this is my comeback. This is my moment to shine, and my moment to prove that not even an injury like this one can hold me down. You have the advantage of your manager. Your boyfriend. Whatever it is that Cody Taylor is to you.

That’s something that you, Anna, have in common with our mutual opponent. You’ve both been around the business, and both been trained with some of the best. I’ve got nothing but sheer determination and what I’ve managed to learn over the years from those who were willing to teach me. And yet, somehow, here I am. Running with the big dogs, and before my injury, keeping up and even passing most of them.

So Anna, honey, I have nothing against you, but I’m not going to let you sit there pretty on your title. You’re going to have to defend it, sugar. Because I’m coming for you. I’m coming for that title. I’m coming for the High Impact title that was robbed from me too. If it’s not this week, it’ll be another. We all know that I’ve got the endurance that weaker wrestlers never could have. I have the drive and the determination. And this time, I have absolutely nothing to lose, and everything to gain, including redemption.

Adree and Anna, you should feel proud. You get to help the Queen of the Ring get back on the path to a long-overdue coronation. See you there in the ring, sweethearts.
Back to top Go down

Ain't nothing gonna hold me down
Page 1 of 1