Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From The Ashes

Go down 
AuthorMessage

From The Ashes Empty
PostSubject: From The Ashes   From The Ashes I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:40 pm

From The Ashes Skullfinal

The scene opens to a dark room. A silhouette of a man can be made out. He makes a subtle movement and then reveals his face.

Chris: Surprised? It's me: Chris Matthews. Oh, I know who you were expecting. Your hero, Dan Alexander. How did I know? Oh I know everything. I know every single thing you little peons don't. Which just happens to be everything. I know how you cheer for Dan. I know how enamored you are by his in ring skill. I know how devoted you are to following him in either IWF or any other venue. But I know something you don't. I know the truth. And that is why I am here today. To reveal the truth. The truth about Dan Alexander...

Chris: Now, usually at this moment Dan would find some way to walk in and grace us by his presence. Break my line of thought and speech between me and you, the viewer. But due to … unfortunate circumstances, he won't be able to make it here today. So I have took it upon myself to talk to you. To entertain you. But above all, inform you. Because, let's be honest here, you don't know much about Dan Alexander...

Chris: I mean we've all seen him wrestle in the ring. We've seen him do promos. We've seen him as the number one contender. We've seen him as the champion. We've seen him as the man behind the gas mask. We've even seen his love life. But today we delve deeper into the psyche and deep emotions of the man who you so eagerly want to be victorious in the Double Cage Horror match.

Chris steps out of the shadows and walks past the camera. He opens the door abruptly and for a few seconds the light is blinding. The camera man follows him down a corridor. Eventually they reach the curtain leading to the ramp.

Chris: Now a competitor like Dan has seen this curtain thousands upon thousands of times. He's gone through it thousands of times. But at this BattleGrounds, his eyes will set on something he has never seen before. I'm not even sure if his mind will comprehend the absolute “horror” he will be facing this weekend...

Chris turns his gaze towards the curtain and pushes it aside. He walks onstage with the camera following him and stops in the middle. He just stands there frozen looking at the ring. The camera follows his gaze. The first thing in sight is a massive enclosure made of steel. Steel knitted together to form a demonic structure where nothing gets in and nothing gets out. If that wasn't enough, there is also a smaller cage supported by the ring itself. Almost like a crown of evil. There is no ceiling or top so it is possible to escape, but it's a long way up and it's a long way down.

Chris: And there it is. The Double Cage Horror.

He turns to the camera.

Chris: Two different cages, but only one outcome: Victory for Corey Casey.

He looks back at the structure.

Chris: You know, all this time I wondered why Dan challenged Corey Casey to the Double Cage Horror match. Well, I'm not the only one to ask that question. The whole world has been wondering why he challenged Corey Casey of all people. And of all the different match types, why the Double Cage Horror? Then the other day I figured it out. I mean, I was always smarter than my little brother Chuck. He just marketed himself as “The Smartest Man in Wrestling”. But of course he couldn't figure it out and neither could you. But I have. See, everyone was always thinking of: “What would Dan gain from this?” “Does Dan know something everyone else doesn't?” “Does he have something to prove to the world?” “Is there a secret feud between Corey and Dan.” “Does he know Corey's weakness?” “Does he plan on blackmailing Corey?” “What happens if Dan wins?” People are always stuck on those questions. In every puzzle, trick, or illusion people always focus on the things that are irrelevant. Their eyes are always fixated on the hand that is waved in front of them in order to keep them from seeing the swift movement of the other hand. The fog and mist keep them from the ever elusive truth. But I have seen through all of that. I have waded through the heavy waters. I have pushed away the clutter and the cobwebs. I have shined the light on the truth which has not been touched since it has been placed there...

Chris: So what is it? What is this so called “truth” I have been going on about? Well I'll just tell you right now. The reason why Dan Alexander challenged Corey Casey to the Double Cage Horror match...

He glances at the mighty structure again.

Chris: He didn't do it for his hatred of Corey. He didn't do it to redeem himself. He didn't do it to be the only man to defeat Corey at his own game. He did it because, he wants to lose...

He stares into the camera for a while.

Chris: I know, confusing right? A lot of things Dan does is confusing. But all one has to do is look at his history in IWF. His first title shot with Brandon Macdonald. He was so close to winning, but he let himself lose. He struck the special guest referee, Ruben Ricardo Leon. Forced himself to a disqualification. Then he had his first title defense against James Shark. He got beat in a few minutes. Then he made it all the way to the Battle for the Briefcase finals last fall. He, again, was so close to winning. But he narrowly lost. And it was his own fault. He screwed himself out of the match. See a pattern? He does it time and time again. When it matters most, he loses. He fails. He falls short. I think we've all seen this condition before in one form or another. You probably have a friend or know someone who does the thing on a smaller scale. Maybe you even have a family member who just falls flat on their face when they are so close to achieving what they want. That is Dan Alexander and that is what makes his story so tragic. He has all the talent in the world, yet he fails. And the failure is his own fault. It's his own doing. And that is why he will lose this weekend. That is why he won't be the one to defeat Corey Casey. Forget about Corey's ability. Forget about his undefeated streak in the Double Cage Horror match. Take away all that, and Dan will still lose. Because deep inside his heart, deep inside his soul, he knows he will lose. It's what he is. It's what he will always be. And that is why after the match, I will personally force him to retire. And if he refuses? I will make him retire. I will make him leave IWF. Because IWF does not have time for the likes of him.

Chris turns around and walks away.

Chris: He got his match. Now all he needs is his defeat...

From The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-icon

The scene opens with the camera facing Chris on the opposite side of the limo. He is on his phone.

Chris: Yes. I'll be there.

Chris checks his wrist watch.

Chris: Yes. I will have time. Yes. I've already spoken with him. He's interested and he'll be at the show. Okay. Bye.

Chris ends the call and puts his phone down. He looks at his watch again as the limo lumbers forward.

Chris: This is gonna be good.

A smile creeps up on his face.

Chris: You have a good night rest?

Chris turns to someone beside him. The camera shifts to show what previously was out of it's view. Sitting beside Chris Matthews all this time is a young woman in a classy black dress with heels. She is looking down at her phone and simply answers Chris without turning to him.

Tori: Yes I did actually.

Chris: Really? No past emotions? No memories running through your brain? Has it been that long?

Tori puts away her phone in her purse.

Tori: It hasn't been that long. But you forget things. It was just something I had to do to get a recording contract with you guys. You know it wasn't real.

Chris: I know. I was just hoping that there is a little animosity between you two. Just to get the pot stirring.

Tori: There is none here. I couldn't care less about him. You should ask him instead.

Chris: No. He doesn't have it either. He resented the whole thing from the start. And that is where I intend to hit him. You are like a ghost from the past and in his state of disorientation, it would just further his confusion. I fully expect him to crumble before the bell even rings.

Tori: …Yeah, I don't really need or want to talk about that. Let's just see him and get out of there.

Chris: Fair enough. So, how is M.E. treating you?

Tori: Very well. I just got my album distributed a few weeks ago.

Chris: Well? I'd imagine the record industry isn't doing doing “very well” these days.

Tori: It's definitely not what it used to be but you would be surprised. As long as you get them to Walmart shelves you do pretty good for yourself. Besides, I market myself pretty well.

Chris: Now that you do my dear.

Tori takes out a small make up kit with a mirror in it and looks at herself. Chris looks toward the driver.

Chris: Can you hurry it up?

Driver: Yes sir.

The limo continues to lurch forward. Chris looks toward Tori again.

Chris: So when Corey just destroys Dan this week, you won't mind? At all?

Tori puts down the make up and looks at Chris.

Tori: Does it look like I mind? He is at the hospital right now. I didn't care. So why should I care if he gets sent to the hospital again?

Chris: I don't know.

Tori: Why all these questions about me and Dan?

Chris: I guess it seemed all too real.

Tori: Of course it did. I'm a good actress. As a matter of fact I should have gotten a part in a M.E. film by now.

Chris: You will.

Tori: When?

Chris: When we see that you are profitable enough.

Tori: … Of course I am profitable. Look at me. I'm Tori Selene. Little girls all over the fucking globe want to be me. They want to buy anything with my face on it. School supplies, ear phones, candy, phone cases, make up kits...

She lifts up the make up kit she is holding.

Tori: And as a business man yourself, you should know that I will only get more popular as time goes by. It's only a matter of time before I'll be the biggest superstar in the entire world.

Chris looks at her solemnly.

Chris: You do know that most people just come and go. Careers don't usually last that long. Longevity is what you should be aiming for, not instant success.

Tori: I know what I am doing. I know exactly what I am doing. I got this far. I have a recording contract with M.E. Who are you to tell me what to do?

Chris: I do own a share of M.E. And technically that gives me some say on how your career goes. That is why you are here right now. In a limo headed toward a … problem … I have to deal with. After this, then you can go on and be a pretty little superstar, but now you need to follow my lead and make sure this gets done.

Tori nonchalantly goes back to her make up. Chris looks out the window.

From The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-iconFrom The Ashes Skull-icon

Chris: Where is Dan Alexander's room located?

Chris and Tori are now at a hospital. The cameraman has followed them in. Chris turns to Tori.

Chris: Let's go.

They all head to the elevator. After a few minutes it opens up and they get in. Chris pushes the seventh floor button.

Chris: Let's get this thing over with.

The elevator stops at the fourth floor. An old lady standing behind Chris slowly walks out. Chris grits his teeth and doesn't say a word as the lady takes her time getting out. Finally the door is closed and the elevator slowly climbs its way to the seventh floor. The door opens and they get out. They head down toward a few hallways until they eventually reach a door. Chris looks back at the camera before he slowly opens the door. The patient's area is covered by a large curtain. Chris motions for both Tori and the cameraman to stay where they are. Chris quietly sneaks into the room. He reaches the curtain close enough to reach over and grab a hold of it. In one swift motion he pulls it back.

Chris: What?

The camera zoomed in to reveal an empty bed. The sheets were lain out nicely. The pillow was puffed up indicating no one had used it yet. The instruments beside the bed were turned off.

Chris: Where the hell is he? Check the room number!

Tori turned her head. The camera followed suit. It was room seventy four. Chris leaned out of the door way to check.

Chris: Where the fuck is he?

At the same moment a nurse happened to pass by.

Chris: Excuse me! Nurse! The patient who was here. Dan Alexander right?

Nurse: … Yes.

Chris: Where is he?

Nurse: He left a few minutes ago.

Chris turns to Tori and the cameraman.

Chris: Find him!

The camera man starts hobbling the opposite direction. The camera pointed to the floor as it bobbed up and down to the camera man's movements. He would stop then look around with the camera at basically hospital corridors. There was no Dan to be found. So he went on. His heavy breathing could be heard over the mic. After a few minutes of this he started to slow down. He stopped and just stood at a spot for a minute. He was breathing heavily. The camera pointed down straight to the floor.

Tori: What the hell?!

The camera perked up. From a distance Tori's yelling was still slightly audible. The camera man ran to where the commotion was. Once he got near he slowed down. He peeked the camera around the corner. At first it was understandably blurry. The camera man was tired and he hadn't focused the camera yet. But once he did the image was clear. It was Tori standing in front of the man she had been looking for.

Dan: What are you doing here?

The wounds were still visible. He had a few bandages around his fingers. He wasn't bruise free. But there he was standing. He was wearing his civilian clothes and seemed to be alright.

Tori: Chris...

Dan: Chris sent you here? What for?

Tori: I don't know. He had some weird idea about me getting in your head.

Dan: What a great idea. Bring someone I can't stand, so I can have some long drawn out conversation with them. Leave it to Chris to come up with something stupid like that.

Tori: I didn't even wanna be here. I don't care about you or that stupid match you have.

Dan: Right. Because you have your million dollar recording contract. You got just what you wanted.

Tori: Stop acting like I used you. You knew exactly what you were going into. I knew. We both got out of it. The problem is that you don't want to just accept it for what it is and move on. It was business. No one really cares. Sure, some people still talk about it. Some people still bring it up. But that's the past. It's over. It's done with. There is nothing you nor I can do about it.

Dan: Maybe you don't care about your reputation, but I care about my own. I worked my ass off for this business and this is the thanks I get. I know I'm better than that. Millions of people know I am better than that. That is why I need to win this match. Because I know that I deserved more than a spot in a Tori Selene advertisement. I am not going to sell myself short.

Tori: Well if you really deserved it then you should have gotten it. You should have been at the top. But no. You are worn out. You are beaten up. You are just coming out of a hospital which you very well may be visiting again in a couple of days. You are doing yourself no favors by continuing on like this. You may be a great wrestler. But at some point you have to know your limits. You have to take what you can get. That's what I did. That's what you should do.

Dan: I will not stoop down to your level. I will never do that. I won't sell myself out for a couple of millions. The things you hold so precious can be taken away from you just like that. Things don't last forever. Beauty doesn't last forever. That's why I've cemented my accomplishments. Decades after my time, people will still be talking about me. Sure, I probably won't be the most famous. And god knows this life isn't the easiest. But I can rest easily knowing that I lived my life to the fullest. I lived my life on my own terms and not anyone else's.

Tori: You're stupid.

Dan: I guess there's nothing else to talk about.

Tori: There really isn't.

Tori starts to walk away.

Dan: Where is Chris by the way?

Tori: Somewhere...

Tori continues on. Dan watches as she leaves. Suddenly he turns his sight to the camera. The cameraman quickly pulls back the camera. He holds on to it while sitting along the wall hoping Dan hadn't seen him. A minute passes by and the camera man decides that Dan is gone. He gets up and is about to move forward when he bumps into Dan.

Dan: Show me where Chris is.

The camera man slowly goes back to where he came from. A few moments later they arrive back to room seventy four. They both enter and Chris is standing in front of the window. It is getting dark now as the sun has gone down.

Chris: Beautiful city. I always thought that.

He doesn't turn away from the window.

Chris: Did you find him?

Dan: No.

Chris perks his head up and turns around.

Dan: I found you.

Chris is shocked for a moment but then a smile creeps up on his face.

Chris: Ah. So you did. You weren't in your room so I assumed you went home.

Dan: Home? You do know I have a match here this weekend right?

Chris: I was figuratively speaking. We all need a place to sleep don't we?

Dan: I haven't had much sleep lately.

Chris: Is that so? Maybe you should consult a doctor about that. There are plenty around here.

Dan: I've noticed. Chris, why are you here?

Chris: What do you mean?

Dan: BattleGrounds is this weekend. The Double Cage Horror match is this weekend. Why are you here?

Chris: What? Can't I visit my old friend? An old friend who happens to have been injured?

Dan: I don't see any balloons or flowers. So I'm assuming you didn't come to wish me well.

Chris: You caught me. No. I didn't come to wish you well. Although I did bring Tori along... Have you seen her.

Dan: Yes.

Chris: You guys talk?

Dan: Yeah.

Chris: What about?

Dan Nothing that concerns you.

Chris: That's a shame. I think she really did want to wish you well.

Dan: And you came here for the exact opposite.

Chris: Well I wouldn't say that. I didn't come here to injure you further. I just came here to remind you why you are better off staying in this room than entering those two cages.

Dan: And why is that?

Chris: Because you will lose. And you know you will lose.

Dan: And you know this how?

Chris: I am not a future teller. I don't have psychic powers. But I do know you. And you will lose.

Dan: Again, how do you know this?

Chris: Because you always lose. You lose in title matches. You lose in tournament finals. You lose when it matters the most. I mean, don't get me wrong. You have talent. I've always said that. In fact I fully expect you to take Corey to the limit this time. You will take him to a place he has never gone before. You may be his toughest challenge to date. But as close as you will be to winning, you will lose. You will always lose. Time and time again you find yourself in this situation. You work your way to the top. You climb the highest ladders in this business. You go from rung to rung. But just before you can get your hand on top and pull yourself up, you fall. You fall all the way down and just hurt yourself like you have hurt yourself this time. And you may think that someone has tossed you down. You may think someone has pushed the ladder away from the wall. You always say the same thing. You always make the same excuses. And people believe it. Because you nor anyone else wants to hear the truth. No one wants to accept the fact that you sabotaged yourself. I didn't sabotage you. Rick Christian did not sabotage you. Your opponents never sabotaged you. Brandon Macdonald never did such a thing. It was you all along. And that is the cold hard truth. It's so simple, yet so devastating and so tragic.

Chris stares into the soul of Dan Alexander.

Chris: Admit it Dan. You won't win this weekend. You won't defeat Corey. You won't be the first to win against him in a Double Cage Horror match. Admit it.

Dan looks down thinking to himself as Chris just smiles.

Dan: You are right, Chris.

He looks up at Chris who now has an amused expression on his face.

Chris: I am? Tell me more.

Dan: I've always lost in these situations. I've always been beat up. I've always been broken. I've always been slammed all the way down to hell. But I come back. I always come back. Better than ever. Stronger than ever. Faster than ever. If you really think about it, I am the phoenix IWF likens itself to. Sure, it has fallen. It has died. It's fire has burned out. But from the ashes, it always comes back to reclaim it's blazing glory. Like new, it flies around and lights up the night like nothing before it. And that is exactly what I have done. That is exactly how I intend to go into the Double Cage Horror. Yes, Corey Casey is a formidable foe. He is the best I have ever seen or have come face to face with. But he has grown soft. He has grown weak. He has used his power to in IWF only to benefit himself. He is in almost ever pay per view poster. He puts himself in any main event he wants. But people are starting to see that. People are starting to see the corruption in IWF. The corruption that comes from the likes of you and Corey Casey. IWF as supposed to be something new. It wasn't supposed to be a continuation of the corruption of NLWF. But apparently people have lost sight of that. It has become the thing it fought so hard to get away from. That is why I am here. That is why I came back. That is why people like Stygian and I are after Corey Casey. It is not me who is afraid. It is Corey who is hiding. There is a line of people outside his door waiting to give him the repercussions of his actions.

Dan: It's funny that this is the first time Corey and I have stood on opposite ends of the ring. I practically had to beg him for this match. Why? Because he was afraid. That is the only way to explain it. I mean, he has an eleven win streak in this match, yet he refused a match with me. Why? Why refuse it when he is so certain that he can beat me? Why? Because he has so much to lose now. He cares so much about the streak and he has it held to his chest right now because in the back of his mind he knows that I can beat him. He knows that there is always a lingering chance of me winning. It just takes a few seconds. It just takes a slight mistake from him. And it is all over. And he knows that. He knows that more than anyone. He knows that more than me.

Dan: Corey Casey is more than a coward. He is also a false prophet. He is a hypocrite. He calls me an egotistical spotlight whore. Well who is always taking the spotlight in IWF? Not me. Not the developing talent. No. It's Corey Casey. “Defender of IWF”? What exactly did you defend? Your high chair job in the IWF? Making millions and millions of dollars while you just sit there? Because I don't see you working the midcard that often. And if you are ever on the card, it's the main event. You also called me a leech? I earn my pay check week after week. I was on pretty much every card last year. I can recall a time when you weren't on for months, yet were still on payroll.

Dan: So the picture has been painted for all of you to see. It's not another very well photoshopped poster of Corey Casey. Instead it is what he truly is. Not a monster. Not a gruesome horror. None of that. In reality, he is just a cowardly human being with soft flesh and feeble bones. He can never get enough of himself. He can never get enough of his own fame and fortune. That is why the streak means so much to him. It is him. Without it you will see him for what he truly is. And when I break the streak, he will be exposed in front of the entire world...

Chris gives a slight chuckle.

Chris: And how do you plan on doing that.

Dan swiftly moves his hand and sticks Chris with a needle. Chris has a shocked look on his face as Dan forces the drug into his body.

Dan: That's step one...

Chris falls down to the bed.

Dan: I warned you that I would take you out first.

Chris' eyes start to close and he drifts into sleep. Dan hides the him by closing the curtain. He turns around and sees the camera man.

Dan: Let's go.

The camera man glances at the area where Chris is laying one more time before leaving. Dan shuts the door and they casually head out of the hospital.

Dan: Turn that thing off.
Back to top Go down

From The Ashes
Page 1 of 1