Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meet the Press

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tim Patrick

Tim Patrick

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Meet the Press Empty
PostSubject: Meet the Press   Meet the Press I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Saturday, April 16, 2011
Rogers Centre
Toronto, Canada
Press Conference Room
8:00 PM

Meet the Press 03-p14609-03-398h

With one day until Bloody Sunday, reporters from all over North America have gathered in the Press room at the Rogers Centre to get the scoop on tomorrow's event. Nobody knows what to expect, as this is IWF's first stadium event. With about 50 reporters on one end of the room, there is a long table, a podium, and a big screen TV on the other side. Five minutes go by and IWF officials start walking into the room. The reporters sit, and Mark Collins, IWF Public Relations Official, walks to the podium and begins to speak.

Meet the Press 400_F_26046516_Fdlqs2l0bM7j1jaCbPadHtDc9rJDp8Bu

Mark Collins: Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press. On behalf of IWF Management, our in-ring talent, and our road crew, I would like to thank the beautiful city of Toronto for the hospitality we've received since we arrived a few days ago. "Bloody Sunday" will be our second Pay Per View event, and the demand for tickets was so high that we had to change venues from the Air Canada Centre arena to Rogers Centre stadium. We will have more than 69,000 screaming fans here tomorrow night, and much like them, we can't wait for the event to start! Our Main Event for tomorrow night's event will be a IWF Championship match featuring the two top men in the business, Brandon MacDonald and Corey Casey. However, another match that is gaining the attention of our fans is the Falls Count Anywhere Match between William Darlington and "Irish Car Bomb" Tim Patrick. It's the classic battle between rich and working class, British and Irish. Tim Patrick has been a thorn in the side of the Right Honourable Gentlemen ever since his return to the ring last month, promising to defeat as many of their members as often as possible. So, without further ado, I would like to bring to the podium, one of the most hardcore, dangerous, and dedicated men in our sport, the "Irish Car Bomb", Tim Patrick!

The lights in the room dim, as green, white, and orange smoke begin to rise from the doorway. "Bombtrack" by Rage Against the Machine begins to play from the speakers, and some of the reporter look a little uncomfortable. You can tell that the older reporters in Canada aren't used to this sort of thing.

As soon as the opening bass riff in the song finishes, and the drums and guitar kick in, Tim Patrick steps through the smoke filled doorway to a round of applause from the members of the press. The music is so loud the chairs and tables shake. When the song finishes, Patrick takes a drink of water from a glass on the podium and begins to speak.

Tim Patrick: Thank you, Mark for setting up such a nice intro, and thank you to the members of the press for taking time out of your Saturday night to ask important questions about what we do in IWF. You're really helping get the word out on what we do. We're still new, and every little bit helps. My father was a reporter, so I have a great deal of respect for what you all do, and hope to gain your respect if I haven't already done so. I'll be happy to take the first question.

Reporter 1: Mr. Patrick, out of all the people on the IWF roster, why are you focusing on the Right Honourable Gentlemen? What do you hope to accomplish?

Tim Patrick: Well, first of all, call me Tim. To answer your question, I can't stand uppity rich people. None of the members of the "Gentlemen" have had to work a day in their lives. They've never had to suffer through anything. They never had any hardships. I've had many, and people who get by on their parents name, like William Darlington has, are barely even human. They have no sense of the real world, how tough and scary it can be. People like Darlington, they just sit in their giant houses, with their maids, and don't give a damn about people who are worse off than they are.

Reporter 2: But Tim, you've made a lot of money very quickly. You were signed to a very expensive contract in No Limit Wrestling Federation, got paid a great deal for headlining events with Corey Casey in the Double Cage Horror, and you received even more money when NLWF folded. Before they closed down, every member of the roster was paid what they were owed. I have seen the information and I know how much money you made in 2010 and the beginning of 2011. You are a wealthy person, too.

Tim Patrick: You want to know what I did with all the money I've made? I paid rent and utility's for my South Philadelphia apartment for the next three years, bought season tickets to the Phillies, and paid for some medical care for my mother in New Jersey. The rest of the money I've made have gone into political and social causes. I give back to the people who have helped me along the way. Charities and political parties in New Jersey, Philadelphia, Dublin, and Belfast are all benefiting from the money I have donated recently. That's something that you'll never find somebody like William Darlington doing. He and his little band of rich thugs only care about the rich. Their money goes to country-clubs and fancy cars. My money, along with my blood, sweat, and tears that I shed performing weekly, goes to the people. The working people.

Reporter 3: A lot of people, myself included, believe there is a deeper issue at hand. We all know your ancestor were Irish, and that before working for NLWF you fought British military forces in Northern Ireland. Is your anger for the "Gentlemen" simply because they are British?

Tim Patrick: Absolutely not. I have given up my IRA days. If a change is going to happen in Northern Ireland it will come politically, and no blood will be spilled. There is some graffiti on the side of a building in Belfast that reads "No cease-fire in the class war". That basically describes my motivation. As long as the system makes it easy for the rich, and hard for the poor, people like me will be battling the rich, and people like me will be battling people like William Darlington.

Reporter 4: I've noticed that you don't seem to like fighting in normal wrestling matches. That you insist all of your matches have some sort of strange stipulation. You've been in hardcore matches, Double Cage Horror Matches, Triple Threat matches, Street Fights, and tomorrow night, a Falls Count Anywhere in the building match. Why is that? Do you think that you wouldn't be able to win a fight unless you can use some sort of weapon?

Tim Patrick: (Laughing) Let's try and be civil here. I'm sure you don't want me to kick you in the face, do you?

The reporter's expression changes and he nervously shakes his head.

Tim Patrick: But to answer your snotty little question, I'm able to beat any man I step into the ring with, no matter who it is and what kind of match it is. Why do I like to fight on the extreme side? Because I was the best street fighter Belfast and Derry and Dublin has ever seen. That's what I'm known for. That's what the fans want to see. That's what IWF Management knows will sell tickets. And really, when it comes to these "Gentlemen", I really enjoy taking these guys on in matches that don't have rules. It takes the bitchy rich boys away from their comfort zone, and makes me very comfortable. I don't feel right unless I'm hit in the forehead and bleed every couple of weeks, these matches help me feel balanced.

Reporter 5: Have you been to the Rogers Centre before?

Tim Patrick: Not until this week, no. But I have seen it on television plenty of times. I watched both WrestleMania's that took place in this building. When I was a little boy I watched my Phillies lose the 1993 World Series to your Blue Jays. That Joe Carter home-run had me in therapy.

The room breaks out into laughter.

Mark Collins: We have time for one last question for Mr. Patrick, so make it a good one.

Reporter 6: Tim, you're one of the top wrestlers in the world, but Championships don't seem to be your focus right now. Why is that? Why not make a run at one of the three Championships that IWF has to offer?

Tim Patrick: Now is not the time for that. Right now, we have these Right Honourable Assholes doing whatever they want to whoever they want. In the future, yes, I intend to hold every title here at some point. But right now, there is a war going on, and I'm the one who is starting it, and I'm the one who's going to end it. And sooner than later, I'll have enough men fighting along side of me to take these "Gentlemen" apart.

Patrick raises his right fist in the air and begins walking slowly to the exit door, when one reporter screams out.

Reporter 7: Mr. Patrick, do you have any last works to William Darlington before your match tomorrow?

Patrick turns to the crowd and makes a gun motion with his hand, and grabs the microphone from the podium.

Meet the Press Brian-pillman

Tim Patrick: Yeah, Tiocfaidh Ár Lá!

Tim Patrick turns again as "Bombtrack" plays and he walks from the room.

~~The Scene Ends~~
Back to top Go down

Meet the Press
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: IWF LIVE :: Pay-Per-View Roleplays-
Jump to: