Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine Empty
PostSubject: Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:17 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Souls and Swords Chapter 6 part 2: An unlikely ally.

Yuko had spent what seemed like hours on end describing in as much detail as he could the events that lead him to the kingdom of Mercadia. From receiving information about his brother from Corey, to his arrival at Kakariko Village, to being chased down by Chad and his band of thugs to ascending the high mountains up north to escape his pursuers and his encounter with the Baels within the deep caves. All of which he survived and endured, everything that he went through up until he was found by Robbieson and his kin. Needless to say by the time Yuko was finished with his story, the reaction was a mixed and expectable one: Many people were shocked and dumbfounded, others like Marley and her brother were more intrigued. Robbieson knitted his brow and took a long moment to process this information. It was a wild tale no doubt and one that the normal citizen would find to be downright ridiculous to believe. However Robbieson found this young man on the other side of the caves with a group of no more than a dozen or so men led by Marcus chasing after him. While the others are still amazed that a boy like Yuko would endure such a trip and show hardly any effects from it, Robbieson took this info to heart and while he is impressed with the boy's commitment.....he couldn’t help but feel troubled. Something doesn’t add up and it's causing him to draw a blank, a few more minutes fly by as Yuko soaks in the stares from the throne room, many of them awaiting their king's response to his story.

Finally after a few more minutes of thinking through, the kind rears his head and centers his gaze on the young warrior. His eyes betraying no sense of disbelief or mistrust on Yuko's part, but rather a sense of curiosity.

Robbieson: You say you were looking for your brother?

Yuko: Yes my lord, I was told that he was seen entering the mountains north of Kakariko village.

Robbieson: And you received this information from Corey?

Yuko: Yes my lord.

He could feel the tension in the air as he answered the questions, while Yuko only knew Corey by reputation, he was not aware of how he was perceived by others of this continent. For all he would know, Corey was likely an enemy amongst these people and that they likely assume him to be a spy or a servant hoping to earn the trust of the kingdom in an attempt to bring them down from within.

However if there was any indication that such a thought presented itself, it was not shown in any of the subject's expressions. Regardless it did little to ease the tension; Yuko couldn’t help but feel like a prisoner in his trail waiting for the judge to carry out his sentence. Just then the king spoke once more.

Robbieson: I know Corey well enough; I've once fought alongside with him when we fought against the black dragon who was said to have knowledge of the sword's whereabouts. That seemed like many years ago, though we've parted on good terms I've not heard a word about him since. That is until just now.

Judging from his tone it seems that he doesn’t view Yuko to be of any ill will towards him or his kingdom, still Yuko couldn’t shake off the dread just yet. He could feel the king's stare looming over him, he must remain vigilant and honest, and he needs to be if he has any hope of lasting another day within these stone walls.

Robbieson: But I still must ask, why would he sent you here of all places?

Yuko: I wasn’t sent here, I was chased by Chad's men remember?

Robbieson: Right forgive me.

Yuko: I was merely following Corey's directions to where my brother might be located. He told me to head straight for Kakariko which I did. There I learned from the village chief of his location, but that wasn’t the only that I learned about my brother.....

He paused for a moment to reflect exactly what the chief told him. That his brother is no longer the man he once knew, that he became a harbinger of death and destruction. That he became a being known as Nightmare, a creature who slays anyone that gets in his way, innocent and hostile alike.

He remembered while inside that cave being surrounded by Baels, a lone swordsman in dark armor slicing through one spider with a single strike. He recalled the descriptions given to him regarding his brothers new apperence......and they fit the one who from the looks of it.........saved him from danger.

Could that really be his brother? Yuko isn’t so sure of himself anymore, being tossed around from place to place and now becoming an unlikely member of this kingdom.......he didn't know what to believe.

The king's voice would interrupt his thoughts.

Robbieson: What else did you learn?

Yuko: I.......

Yuko hesitated, he couldn’t really bring himself to say it, and he couldn’t even bring himself to believe it. If only this were a dream but of course that was a foolish thought. This ain't a dream; this isn't a figment of his own imagination. This is as real as the chair he sits in and the air that he breaths in this place.

Robbieson: You're with friends here Yuko, tell us.

Friends? That statement caught Yuko off guard; he never would have fractured a guess that he would be considered an ally here. Yet it filled him with warmth that raised his confidence, allowed him to break the barriers needed to release himself from what was tormenting him from inside himself. He swallowed in this new resolve and poured out his confession for everyone within an earshot to listen.

Yuko: I was told......that he's no longer human, that......that he became a monster. Nightmare they called him, I tried to block it out, I didn't want to believe it. I know my brother better than anyone, he would never harm someone if they pose no threat to him......and yet.......they insist that they speak the truth.

His head hung low, be it by shame of revealing such a intimately statement or pure disbelief is anyone's guess. Either choice would be as close to as any other. The king would speak once more, and his words would forever echo inside his mind as they are the fear that has now become a reality.

Robbieson: As much as I regret to tell you this, these claims are true. This Nightmare has been seen from afar, attacking homes and destroying anything within an arm's reach. I've once sent an entire force to take him out, only my son would return bearing me the grave news.

The figure of Jones bows his head in response to this, no doubt remembering the slaughter that befell on his men the day he fought against Nightmare. Yuko could feel his heart sink, his brother......a murderer and he shares the same blood as he.

Yuko: I......I'm so sorry to hear..........I............

He didn't have words for this, seems the chief wasn’t lying at all when he said about what his brother had now become. The information seemed overwhelming. Yuko himself is having a hard time comprehending it, he felt lost and confused, his whole journey went so well and now.......now he wasn’t sure what to do.

Robbieson: It is alright, when I look at you, I don't see a killer but rather a honorable warrior. You’re most welcomed here Yuko, I owe it to you after all.

Yuko: Thanks....

That's all he could say really, never before had Yuko felt so torn......but what came next threaten to rip him apart.

Robbieson: However so long as Nightmare is alive, his reign of terror will have no end. As long he breaths, more people will perish. It is for that reason that I must ask this bold request: you must defeat Nightmare.

It took every ounce of self control for Yuko to not break down right there in front of everyone. Is the king really suggesting what he thinks he's suggesting?

Yuko: You're asking me..........to kill my own brother?

Robbieson: I know it's harsh of me to say this but, he's no longer the brother you once knew. He's a creature that can't be reasoned with; he'll kill and keep killing till there's nothing left. Nightmare must be stopped no matter what; he cannot harm anymore innocents so long as this kingdom stands.

Yuko: What makes you think that I can do it?

Robbieson: I'm not sure, I wish I knew you better but it seems Corey is willing to trust you. As such I'm willing to do the same, the question are you willing to go through with it?

It took Yuko a long moment for him to consider this: The king had been so kind to him, nursing him back to health and giving him a roof over his head. Now he's telling him to go after his brother, the only person aside from his parents that he loves more than anything else. However after everything he's heard, after everything he's been through......

Yuko: And....if I consent, if I agree to this.......what will I expect to gain?

Robbieson: Why our eternal gratitude for one, if anything you'll be revered as a hero of the people. This is a big task that I ask of you I know, but it's a task that must be done.......for the sake of our kingdom, our future, you must help us.

Seconds turn to minutes, minutes stretched to lengthy fabrics of time almost as if someone slowed the clock down to half its normal speed. Yuko's mind is of a great storm, swirling conflicts which collide and interact, then at the eye of it all a light shows inside which holds his answer. It took Yuko a mere five minutes for him to make that answer public.

Yuko: If it is possible for me to redeem myself, then I will assist you in the distruction of Nightmare.

Meanwhile, somewhere on the Far East just a few miles from Darkling Woods. The town of Ingnam, a regiment that Corey had spend the last 5 or so years building. The town itself consists of markets and taverns and many small homes made from wood and stone, strong in design but basic in appearance with the interiors often possessing equality basic household items such as wooden tables and chairs as well as simple beds made from sheep's wool. From within the inner part of the town consist of every market profession you can think of, tailors, blacksmiths, pawn shops, decoration and food stalls selling the fruits and meats of the land. Further down is the fortress, imposing and looks to be recently made, with fresh stone slabs placed in-between freshly chopped wood fastened together to create a formidable design. The fortress itself is large in terms of width and length. The very exterior is made to be that of a military form, with a large circular dome at the left side that resembles a mini coliseum. At the entrance is a wooden stand with a large man in crimson gold armor with a feather tip pen and a large piece of paper resting on a stone slab with a wooden anchor to hold the paper on the bottom side of the slab. Just a few yards away stood a large crowd of people, most of them villagers from town while some where travelers who either recently arrived to the town or just came from the markets. To the left side of podium stood Corey clad in his nobleman outfit consisted of yellow and blue frilled over shirt and smooth white leggings and boots. To his right is his general, still dressed in his crimson gold armor from before, his helmet covering every aspect of his head showing only his eyes which are barely seen thought the narrow slits of his visor.

Corey: Is everything ready?

General: Just about sir, the arena is undergoing inspection and the weapon racks prepped, our finest blacksmith contributed to the cause.

Corey: Good....they shall be compensated once this contest is concluded.

Just then the assassin from before emerges at the entrance to this new place they have set up. He's still dressed in the black and red robes with his hood and mask covering his face save for the eyes which can only be seen up close. He walks towards Corey and the General who turn to him.

Corey: Well?

Assassin: It all checks out, the new Battlegrounds is ready for its grand opening.

Corey: Very good, you'll be our official for this contest. Anyone who breaks the rules, you have my permission to kill them.

Assassin: As you wish sire.

He returns back to the arena entrance, Corey returns his gaze back to the podium.

Corey: General, I believe it's that time now.

General: Very good sir.

He steps out and moves to the front of the podium and holds out his hands to gather the crowd's attention. It doesn’t take long for all eyes to center of him and shushes and whispers dimmed down before silence fully takes over. Once he knew he had their full undivided attention, the general spoke.

General: People of Ingnam, today in honor of this growing town, we are holding a tournament which is to be held within this very arena you see before you. The rules are rather simple: Every participant is allowed up to two weapons of their choosing, if you want to use a shield as oppose to a second weapon that's fine. You're also allowed one suit of armor and one helmet of your choosing. It's first come first serve so it pays to be up front, you win by either knocking your opponent out of the ring, forcing them to yield or if need be kill them. No outside help is allowed, if you're caught using any concealed weapons you will be greatly punished for it. Any questions?

There are murmurs from the crowd but aside from that, no one is raising their hand, a clear sign for the general to continue speaking.

General: Very well, as for the requirements for signing up there are none. Anyone can sign up; just put your name on this parchment you see behind me. Word of caution: This tournament is very dangerous and will involve injury and even death. If that doesn’t sound like your type of thing, you can always enter through the side gate as a spectator and witness people partaking in this monumental event. Now I know what you're wondering: "What's the prize if I win?" Glad you asked, the prize is you win a decent amount of gold and get to become part of Lord Corey's elite army.

Some oohs and awws emerge from the crowd, it's not often an offer like this is presented. Normally it would take a few years for a recent recruit to make it into Corey's personal elite force which has around sixty people already in and that's if you have a good record. These people are getting a free ticket to join in this group and all they have to do is fight in this contest.

General: Now I don't need to tell you this but a spot in the top ranks is a very lucrative position, the expectations are high, but the pay rate is even higher. Plus the benefits to becoming part of Corey's elite army, you would be a fool to pass up a chance like this.

Now the crowd is getting excited, more of the townsfolk are gathering, some of them wanting to see some action and others wanting to join. Satisfied, the general takes a step to the side and gestures to the podium.

General: If you want to join, just sign up here. The contest starts fifteen minutes from now, the weapon and armor racks will be presented inside the arena. Remember its first come, first serve.

The group starts moving into a straight line, person after person steps up to take the pen and signs their name in. Each person then enters the arena through the main entrance while the general speaks from the side.

General: Those who don't wish to join but want to see the action take the side gate on the far right to the stands, food and drinks will be served, courtesy of our farmers and markets.

The group is then split into two groups, one group walks to the right side to be the spectators, the left side signing their lives away. Among the crowd is the hooded figure of Parker, even since the death of Chad Mason, Parker has separated from the rest of the survivors and seek out Corey. After seeing his men in action and witnessing the reckless behavior of his former leader, Parker sees that there's something to be gained from being part of Corey's group. Tired of having to pillage small villages for meager scraps of just a handful of coins and tradable merchandise, Parker being ever the opportunist, sees this as his chance to finally make something of himself. The best part is that Corey would never know that Parker was once a servant of one of his most hated adversaries, Parker had always kept a low profile and being part of Ruby's group had helped keep that low profile since all they usually do is scout for the main army. Now with the group disbanded, Parker requires a new outlet for profit and this was the way to acquire it.

Having discarded his old bandit garments and stole some expendable clothes from a local tailor, Parker blends in with the rest of the crowd quite nicely though the hoods makes him stick out like a sore thumb. He decides to remove the cloak, exposing his peasant clothes, this was the perfect disguise; no one would ever suspect him to be a ruthless cutthroat with these pieces of cloth. He steps up to the podium and signs his name on the paper, he smirks to the guard and follows suit. Corey had long since left the entrance to survey the contest from within the upper decks where a large chair is presented. Before taking his seat, Corey stands before some of his elite troops. Among them were Philip and Jack who each wear the gold crimson armor of the elite army. The general would also take his spot before Corey paces back and forth, his arms folded behind his back as he looks at each member.

Corey: Gentlemen we are in need of some new blood to fill in the ranks, while we've gotten some with the addition of Philip and Jack here, I feel we can use one more lieutenant to even the score. This contest will no doubt give me just the kind of soldier I'm looking for. Ruthless, clever and skilled with a blade, much like you two, this winner will have to show these traits as well. To this end I want you both to observe this very carefully as it may help to inspire exactly what I expect from each of you, is that clear?

Philip & Jack: Yes sir!

Corey: You may sit.

They each take one of the smaller chairs and sit down, while Corey took his large chair and rest his hands on the arms of the seat. Before him the arena is already filled with dozens of viewers, all looking forward to the bloodlust that will occur in the arena, which is shaped like a square with the four corners in equal length. The assassin stands at the center; arms folded as he watches the competitors each take a weapon and a suit of armor from the racks. Thankfully there are plenty of racks filled with every kind of hand held weapon you can find from swords to axes to ball and chains. No crossbows or any long range weapon is presented in this contest as range weapons are banned in this type of tournament.

Once the main gate closes, the last ones move in just before the entrance is sealed off. The remaining participants move in to what was left on the weapon racks and take a item and move on, at this point they can't afford to be picky since they waited until the last minute to grab their weapon of choice. Parker already has his weapons ready, a meat cleaver in one hand and a spiked club on the other. Preferring sheer brutality over self defense has always been a personal favorite for him. Never one to back out from a fight, Parker looks at the armor that he also received. Nothing really special, just a scale plate mail with bronze pieces stacked across the armor and a metal helmet that allows no cover for the face but has a extra layer of metal on the top, mainly designed for overhead attacks. While not the best armor by far, it's all the protection that Parker needs for this. He looks around the other combatants, many of them don't look to be seasoned fighters, a few stand out just from the body structure and the way they handle their weapons. However aside from that, not much of a challenge for him.

The crowd gets riled up, the first two combatants enter the center with their weapons in tow, the assassin turns to Corey who with a gesture of the hand, quiets the crowd completely, Corey lets the anticipation build for a moment, before letting it loose.

Corey: Let the tournament begin!

The shouting and cheering would resume and intensify while the "ref" waits for both men to get in position. He then signals for the fight to commence. Both men clash with their respective weapons while the crowd roars with delight, many combatants were injured, a few brutal kills here and there, when it came time for Parker to step up, he gestures to the crowd as he faces his opponent. The assassin gives the signal and the man charges in towards Parker who blocks the oncoming blow with his cleaver and twirls around then impales the back of the skull with his spiked club. The sharp nails of the club dig deep into the back of the skull, with a tug he takes out the piece of the skull with the clump of hair. The body is dragged off while he removes the piece of flesh with his clever. The next contestant meets him and they square off, this time Parker ducks under and hits the back of the leg with his club and follows up with a chop that cuts the head clean from its shoulders. The fountain of blood spewing for everyone to see, the guards move in to clean up the mess while Parker awaits his next challenger. Corey looks from afar and leans forward as he witnesses the man killing each of the combatants one at a time.

Corey: This guy is clearly not an ordinary peasant boy; the way he moves and fights......it's almost as if he's seen battle before.

General: He's one to watch sir.

Corey: Indeed.......

Opponent after opponent come by to face this man and each one is taken down, Parker has been pacing himself, using the swiftest methods to dispatch his foes while using up the least amount of physical stamina possible. After the eighth opponent is defeated, the others seem hesitant to go in. Yet they each do and this continues until only three remain, at this point Parker is feeling the effects of fatigue. His head moist with sweat, his muscles tensed his breathing hard and raspy. Just then Corey steps up from his chair and holds out his hand to signal to the crowd who fall silent. He turns to his general and the two elite guards next to him.

Corey: Time to up the ante.

He turns to the crowd and the remaining combatants before him. The arena floor is already caked with dried blood and remains of human flesh and bone, both Parker and the assassin who remained quiet during the whole event, stare up at him awaiting his message.

Corey: I've decided to make this more interesting, since we have only four competitors remaining, let's have a battle royal between the four men. The rules still apply, you are eliminated by ring out, submit or death!

The crowd gets pumped from this and Corey retakes his seat, he is heard muttering under his breath.

Corey: Now it's time to see what this guy is truly made of.

The guards move the remaining warriors into the battle field; each one takes a corner, with eyes darting out at each suspecting opponent. Parker holds out his weapons in front of him and snorts in amusement, he looks at the hooded official who without a word, raises his hand with his hand extended, preparing to signal the start of the fight.

Assassin: You all ready?

All four of them nod their heads; Parker is the last to do so.

Assassin: Fight!

He puts his hand down and instantly jumps back as the two men from the upper side clash while Parker barely has enough time to respond to the fourth opponent who thrust his spear right at him. He parries the blow and follows with a hacking motion which gets deflected, however this leaves the man's arms exposed allowing Parker to move in with a fast chop that severed both hands from the wrists. The man's cries would be cut off shortly with another fast slash that cuts his neck and spills its contents on the floor. The other two fighters are engaged in a power struggle, Parker moves behind one as he's being pushed back. Just as the guy regains his footing, he doesn’t see Parker spike club in hand drive the nails right into the back of his neck. One of the spikes protrudes out the center of his throat and he grabs at his neck in a feeble attempt to stop the flow of blood.

Parker doesn’t have time to retrieve his weapon as his foe moves in with a cross slash attack motion; he's using twin blades and has chainmail armor protecting him plus a roman style helmet made of pure bronze. The two exchange blows before Parker finds an opening and thrusts his blade right where the heart is, the rings gave way like soft tissue paper as the tip cuts right through. Some blood and a few gasping moments later, the man falls to his death and Parker stands tall. The crowd is on their feet as they witness their new winner of the contest, Corey and the General alongside the two guards applaud while exchanging looks. Corey moves from his chair and straightens his outfit.

Corey: Let's go welcome our newest recruit into the ranks.

They follow down the steps towards the arena while Parker drops his blood soaked weapons and takes a breather. The assassin doesn’t say a word as the gates open up to show Corey being flanked by his general and the two elite guards following behind. Corey has a pleased smile as he steps up to Parker who kneels to him in response.

Corey: Rise my new recruit; it's time you take your rightful place among my side. Today you came here with nothing, on that same day you become a member amongst the elite.

Parker gets his feet and nods to Corey.

Corey: I've been watching you, seems you have some skill as a fighter. Just from the look of you I can tell you were meant for the elite army.

Parker: Thank you sire.

Corey: Now I must ask for your name warrior.

Parker: Parker, the name's Parker.

Corey: Parker....as of today you are hereby a proud member of the elite group, the legion vast, the spearhead of the Empire.

He then presents Parker with a full uniform, Parker takes it and the crowd cheers some more, already many of them are leaving the arena while some of the workers move in with buckets of water and damp rags. Corey turns away and gestures to Parker.

Corey: Come, it's time we put the three of you to good use.

The workers begin to clean up the arena floor while Corey and the others leave the arena.

Parker arrives at the fortress, clad in his new elite outfit, the crimson gold plating looks good on him, ascertaining his features quite well. He climbs the long stairwell that leads to the main war room where Corey, Philip and Jack await. They no doubt expected his arrival as they turn to him the moment he entered the room. Corey gestures him to come closer and Parker takes his spot on the table.

Corey: Now........we don't have the required man power to move on to the next phase of the plan but, not to worry as I have other objectives that need to be cleared off before we attempt this.

Philip: So what's our goal exactly?

Corey: Right now our regular military is steadily growing but the elite army is lacking. While Parker is a nice addition, we're gonna need more to add on, I want men who are strong in body but not in mind, men who would lay their lives on the line for the sake of commitment. I have a few places in mind for recruiting such people, Philip and Jack you are to take a small force of the regular troops and head to these exact areas that I've marked for you. Get me as many of these people in as possible, be sure to act in good faith for they know me very well.

Philip: So as you command.

Jack: So it shall be done.

They get from their seats and put on their helmets and carry with them their swords and shields before leaving the room. Parker doesn’t look back, his focus is on Corey who has a carefully trained eye centered on him.

Corey: Now as for you, being the newest member of our ranks, I have a very important assignment for you. Prove yourself to me and you shall be rewarded well, fail and well........heh don't bother showing your face.

Parker nods his head; his past experience with Chad Mason has taught him well in receiving such tasks as this.

Parker: What will you have me do?

Corey: Listen to me very carefully.......I want you to find someone for me, I want him alive and unharmed, I don't care how it's done and I can care less how long it takes. I want him brought before me in this very fortress, do I make myself clear?

Parker: Understood sire, and who is this person you want me to find?

Corey then takes a long look at him and in a demanding tone utters two simple words.

Corey: Yuko.........Isuma.

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited by Steel Angel on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:05 am; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:14 pm

Lights, a squeal of brakes, the smell of an engine burning, muffled voices, the warm sticky feel of blood on skin, that iron taste that can only come from the vital fluid that lies in your veins. A dull throbbing headache, lights the voices become clearer. You peel yourself off the car mac and see the car laying ahead of you on it's roof, you smell petrol.

You wake up

Devlin sat up with a start as he took a gasp, the pale moonlight dancing on his skin as Kate slowly roused whilst The Youngster moved towards the kitchen in a half awake stupor.

She was sort of aware of the movements, her own eyes slowly blinking awake as she watched her Fiancé drift away, a hand on his head where the headache had begun.

He was having the dreams again, or was it memories? Kate had known Devlin's Parents had died in a car crash, that he had ended up in The Foster System and grown up in Chicago and that he had been old enough to remember, and young enough for it to forge everything he was about to become.

He never said as much, but Kate had once pressed him if he'd been in the car that night, he never answered but his eyes gave him away. He took the long , long walk to a basin, washing his face as he breathes slowly she idly wondered what it was he saw in those moments.

“Why do you keep this up man? I mean, you're on losing streak , nobody is betting on you to walk away form his , hell these guys don't even really give a shit about you, this might as well be Angel V.S Wade and have done with that... You're nothing You just just give it up. You have a good thing going with your woman, go back to the music Dev... Face it, You don't have the goods any more..You turned your back on Destiny the only thing you had going for you dipshit..you deserve this.”

He silenced those niggling doubts with a turn away from his mirror, for a moment he almost didn't recognise the man looking at him, like he was a prisoner in his own mind as he stated to make the coffee, neon lights flickering to illuminate his features as the Las Vegas Skyline spatters across his skin.

The City of Sin.

“Devlin?”

There was no answer , his fingers pushing on the doors to the small balcony of the hotel as he stares once more out of the view ahead of him, thoughts running wild as he ponders and the Purple haired Kate moved up behind him, he involuntarily tensed as she turned him towards her and stared up silently before she spoke.

“Come back to me Devlin..Please”

She leant up and kissed his cheek and the clouds seemed to clear on Devlin some as he looked at his fiancée and she smiles at him a little an Devlin sighs a little.

“I had the dream again didn't I?”

She nodded a little and ruffles his hair with a chuckle.

“You still came back Dev, we're all good.”

He smiles to her, taking a breath as he slides a hand through her hair pulling her smaller frame close to him, inhaling her scent, reminding himself about the earlier conversation with himself as he spoke gently.

“Am I doing the right thing Kate?”

The woman made that sort of sad, confused, and bewildered face anybody would make at being asked that sort of question, her hand ruffled his hair in return and she smirked a little.

“Devlin Raine, You know better than anyone that You -are- doing the right thing. Don't get yourself in a fix because you are in a new place, you'll figure it out. You always have before.”

Some answer that was, thanks honey, real inspiring.
But she was right He -had- done it before so he could do it again right?

Right?

Devlin smiled at his love, his fiancée and gave her a little kiss, apparently her little talk had helped him somehow, god knows how.

“You're gonna go to work aren't you Dev?”

He nodded and chuckles a little.

“City of Sin honey..Belt on the line? Odds against me..What would you do?”

Kate answers the question with a kiss and soon, we get ready for the fun stuff.
Fade in.

The lights of Las Vegas sit in the background as you come to realize we're in the depths of the Mojave.

A quick, cut shot of the High Impact Championship being unveiled for Parker Wade by the Empire and Corey Casey.

Cut back to the Mojave as “The Ecstasy Of Gold” is begun to play in the background a shadow starting to walk, cresting over a dune to show Las Vegas proper.. A Voice over begins.

“Three Men”

Quick cut shots of Devlin winning the Battle Royal for the number one Contender ship, hitting the Fourth Wall Buster on Ethan Drake and Steel Angel, as well as his various signature moves.

Parker Wayde, the Empire and The Instant Impact ,as well as Steel Angel , the match between Him and Devlin that occurred only last week to pick up the victory and come into the match by his win.

“All fighting for one Prize”

The sequence of the Old Impact Championship being replaced by the new Championship belt is shown in quick little cuts , Corey Casey's Damning of previous champions who have dishonored the name and Parker Wayde smiling cockily as he presents the new Belt and blows up the old one, the whole scene freezing in black and white as the box hangs in mid -air post explosion and we fade back in to the figure on the dune, looking out at Las Vegas.

The camera slowly pans around to reveal Devlin Raine, dressed for the night, jacket, shirt jeans and boots , looking down to the camera with a wry grin and saying with a smile.

“Welcome to Vegas.”

The youngster kicks off the Dune and motions the camera to follow him as he walks for his car in the background smirking juts a little whilst he talks.

“If I noticed one thing during my time here it's that business here isn't much different from any place and that Parker Wayde really, -really- likes to run his mouth. I mean I thought some people I knew could run their mouths but Wayde reaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllly runs his mouth. All about how he deserves To protect the championship, how he doesn't blindly allow anyone around like a Puppy dog...Whilst stood next to the guy holding his Leash. Hypocrite much? I guess so!”

Devlin slows down as he gets closer to the vehicle a slow shake of his head as he leans against the Beamer, a thumb idly rubbing just under his nose as he looks almost disappointed.

“But allow me to digress guys, as you all may have noticed Steel Angel beat my ass fair and square middle of the ring with his flying divine intervention oh my god that was sick awesome super combo fatality move. No really I think that's what he calls it these days. I could be wrong I was kinda knocked for a loop and fair play to the guy. My eye was off the ball and he just beat me, two in a row Is -not- looking good for me is it? Then again that makes this particular match, a triple threat TLC match. All the more interesting.”

Devlin looks around and almost grins to himself as he says more or less to the camera with a wide grin The words said Wizard of Oz Style.

“Tables and Ladders and Chairs Oh my! Tables and Ladders and Chairs Oh my! Tables and Ladders and Chairs Oh my!

He has to chuckle impishly after that and take a slow steadying breath, calming himself form what was quite obviously an indulgence.

“Sorry, I couldn't help myself, it's like a mantra that's been in my head ever since I was told about the match, which I've been preparing for. The gold is nothing to slouch over, but you see Tables and ladders and chairs will make this match a breeding ground for the utterly insane, Which I've been known to do. ”

Devlin chuckles again as he stretches a little more and then looks into the camera measuring his next words carefully whilst he took stock of the scenery around him.

“But I'd have brought the best I can be no matter the match type, in spite of my recent losses It's only made me hungrier, angrier even even though I hit Steel With everything[i/] and he got up. It just means I'll have to turn it up a notch hell turn it up to eleven! I promised myself ..I told myself I make a promise to everyone to do whatever I can to win this, if it takes putting my ass through a table along with Angel and Wayde to do it? Fine. I will do it I [i]have to. ”
Devlin rubs his face and looks once again to the city as he smiles a little.

“And where better to do it? Las Vegas, the City of sin! The place where dreams can be won and lost on the roll of a die and the deal of a card, a place where magic can happen, I believe in it do you guys? Come this evening three of us will line up to throw down and only -one- of us can walk away and all I know right now is neither me or Steel want it to be Parker. Why? Because he's just, annoying. Maybe that's just me though. I barely know the guy but all I really heard form him last week was this.”

Devlin deepens his voice a little and opens and closes his hand as if it were a mouth.

“Blah blah blah High Impact title Blah blah blah, Best there is to do it blah blah blah Generic snobbery blah blah blah I'm not a lap dog clinging to the current administration to give myself some credence. Blah blah blah Totally relevant information blah blah wait that was a lie. Sound familiar? Geez.”

Devlin shook his head as he sighs, looking on down to the desert floor and smiling to himself before he looks back up.

“In the end I stand on my own merits, my own achievements, which right here and right now/ I don't have, I have the chance to take this the opportunity to show That I'm not a flash in the pan, not some Pop up battle royal winner who will disappear off the radar as soon as a credible threat appears Hello no! Angels and Empires Be damned! Devlin Raine is going to make that climb, and at least hold that belt -once- The ecstasy of gold has pulled me in people and that can make a guy do strange things, I'll see you there Angel. Wayde, where the world will watch us fly. And I show you just how much I make a habit of beating the odds.”

Devlin smiles brightly and starts to open up the car door ,before pausing and ushering the camera towards the car.

“I can't leave your ass out here can I? C'mon get in.”

And as the promo fades out and finishes.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Scene opens to Steel Angel once again sitting in a chair inside a self contained room, the camera being centered around him.

Hello everyone it's me again, yes you've all missed me haven't you? It's funny, the last time I walked into this event I was the New Blood champion ready to defend my title for the 5th time in a match of my own design. I've made the mistake of a lifetime and misjudged my opponet, after being on the road of success that I've been on. I had all the momentum in the world, a ten win streak, two solid wins over the both the High Impact champ and the World Heavyweight champ and the fact that I paid back my opponet in spades last week by knocking him out cold with my finisher in the same manner he did me a few weeks prior. I was confident, very confident.....in fact too confident.

Shark once said there's no such thing, I call bullshit on that front, it was because he was too confident that he allowed himself to be mugged by a bunch of losers and then lost the belt to me just a few minuites later.

While it was sour grapes for me, the temptation to humulaite him made it worth the shame I got from winning the title in that manner. But hey I can at least say that I've held the holy grail of IWF before, my name is forever engraved in the history books as a former heavyweight champion. A feat that neither opponet tonight can say.

Let's look at the current champ for a moment, I always knew he was a spineless grunt. However while I once made the joke that he'd be seen as no more than a lacky working as a puppet to a stable, I never meant for him to take it to heart and yet he did. I mean for the most of his carreer the guy went from being a member of Natural Law to the newest talent of the Empire. While I hold no ill will towards Bad Company or the Empire, that dosen't excuse the fact that Parker crossed a line he should never have crossed. He talked behind my back, he didn't think I would listen but I did. It's the same talk I heard from Cody Taylor when he signed that stupid petition to partake in the ladder match for the breifcase. It's the same talk I hear from Robbie Hart whome I've beaten countless times, and the one time you did beat him, they called it an upset. Bah! Upset my natural white ass, defeating me is considered an upset and the funny thing is I didn't need a belt for anyone to know that.

And before you go "But I have beaten you before." Here's the tiff, Yeah you did beat me but it was a tag match and funny enough, your busty friend was the one who saved your ass.

I was one move away from ending you, I took my eye off the ball from her and that costed me. So sure you won, big deal but that's just one victory and it wasen't even a legit victory. Hell Robbie's only victory came from the fact that he had a crooked ref to help him out. The other three times we squared off? I owned his ass and I made it look easy while you were sweating bullets trying to look imposing when really we can clearly see just how close you came from losing it all.

Well it's payback time dude, too long have I waited for a chance to wipe that smile clean off your face and bury you six feet under. You tried to end me last week but you only made my resolve that much stronger.

As for the other guy Delvin, I know he's hurting, after that lost I gave him. He's pushing himself to be better this time around, hell he damn near beat me last week. But alas he coulden't win it.

Well we're continuing tradition tonight as I take that shiny new belt and I'm gonna look good doing it.

Last time I left here without a belt.

This time I'm leaving with a belt.

And noone can stop me, I would love to see them try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Parker Wayde [vs.] Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: IWF LIVE :: Pay-Per-View Roleplays-
Jump to: