Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Survive and Conquer RP (contains CD Storyline)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gordon Fury

Gordon Fury

My Survive and Conquer RP (contains CD Storyline) Empty
PostSubject: My Survive and Conquer RP (contains CD Storyline)   My Survive and Conquer RP (contains CD Storyline) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:03 am

My Survive and Conquer RP (contains CD Storyline) FuryCD

"I've Got 99 Problems..."

The scene opens with... ummm, Gordon, what is going on?

What is the problem?

I don't know if you have realised this, but this isn't IWF. And last time a checked, you only do promos for IWF.

Well if you just hurry up and say your bit, I'll explain.

Fine, whatever. The scene opens with Gordon Fury sitting in a plane, dressed in sky diving gear. Parachute backpack, goggles, the whole nine yards. The noise of the plane's engines are heard as plain as day, and the camera goes a little out of focus, before adjusting itself. Sitting across from him is a good friend of his, and former tag team partner from Gordon's backyard wrestling days, Chris Cryptic. He is also wearing sky diving gear. A quick pan shows no one else in the back of the plane. Chris is holding a poster is his hands, studying it intently, while Gordon patiently waits. Chris looks over the top of the poster at Gordon. He has to speak a little louder than usual to be heard over the engines, but not so that he has to shout.

Chris Cryptic: So this Survive and Conquer match is run by APW, but anyone from any fed can enter?

Gordon Fury: Yup

Chris Cryptic: So that means you are going into a completely new fed to wrestle 99 other people from feds all over the country.

Gordon Fury: Correct.

Chris Cryptic: So that means the match has 100 people fighting at once?

Gordon Fury: uh huh.

Chris Cryptic: ONE HUNDRED people?

Gordon Fury: Yup

Chris Cryptic: That's a LOT of people.

Gordon Fury: Indeed. It's going to be chaotic match man, so much shit going on at once. I am really looking forward to it.

Ohhhhh. That makes sense.

Told ya.

Chris Cryptic: Wait, what about your IWF commitments? You can't just not show, you are the High Impact Champion after all.

Chris folds up the poster and puts it in his pants pocket.

Gordon Fury: Well if there is one thing you can say about my boss Corey Casey, it is that he will do anything to prove his dominance, and when he heard there was a chance to show how much better IWF was than every other fed there is, he kind of just threw the offer out there to the whole roster. And I, of course, accepted it in a heart beat.

Chris Cryptic: Of course.

I can tell Chris is somewhat concerned. He would never say it, but he has that “I'll support you so I don't seem like a dick, but I think this is a bad idea” look on his face. To be honest I don't even know MYSELF whether or not this is a good idea, but I never back down from a challenge. This opportunity was thrust upon me, so to speak, and I'll be damned if I let it slip through my fingers.

Gordon Fury: Listen Chris, I know you think this is a bad idea...

Chris Chrypic: I never said that.

Gordon Fury: ...but I can't pass this match up. World-wide exposure to fans of EVERY federation, entering a match where nothing is assumed of you, and yet everything is on the line. I am used to being underestimated Chris, I am used to people taking me lightly and just assuming I'll fail when the going gets tough. Being completely unknown in this match gives me the advantage, and I am going into this match with every intention to leave as Survive and Conquer champion...

Chris Cryptic: And its a fuck ton of money.

Gordon Fury: ...And its a fuck ton of money.

Both of us look at each other and laugh. We have known each other for so long, its almost as if he can predict what I am going to say next. And considering I am the kind of person that prides myself on being unpredictable, that says a lot. We stop laughing and Chris's face suddenly goes serious.

Chris Cryptic: To be honest, it's your determination that I am sort of afraid of Gordo. I mean you take enough risks as it is for your own federation, this match could potentially be career threatening.

I can't help but let out a chuckle. I know he is just looking out for me, but he doesn't understand. To be honest, I think that is why he gave up wrestling, decided not to go pro. He wasn't willing to take the real risks, to do whatever it took to succeed in this business, inside the ring, and out of it.

Gordon Fury: I know that Chris, but what will I achieve not only in this business, but in life, if I shy away from a huge opportunity just because it COULD back fire? I mean you remember the night I won the High Impact title? I got second degree burns on my face and chest from a flaming table that I set up. And yet, I left as the champion, when everyone thought I couldn't do it. Whether you like it or not Chris, it is how I do things, and it works.

I am about to continue until a noise comes from the intercom, and the pilot tells us we have reached the appropriate altitude. I look at the exit door and see that the light is still red, but both of us move over to it and get into position. I kind of zone out for a second until Chris brings me back.

Chris Cryptic: Ok I understand that, that style may work for you in normal matches Gordon, but this isn't a normal match. This is unlike anything anyone has been in before. You can't guarantee your style will work. How are you supposed to prepare for a match like this?

Gordon Fury: Honestly Chris? You can't. I'm not the first person to say this, but it doesn't make it any less true. A match like this, with so many people, any tactics you come up with go out the window once the match starts. The only thing you can do is constantly have eyes in the back of your head, be always aware of where you are in the ring, and be ready to do what ever is takes to survive...and conquer.

Chris just groans and shakes his head at my terrible half pun. Suddenly the light in front of us goes green, and I lean forward and slide the door open. The noise of the wind is deafening as it attempts to pull us both out of the plane. I have to shout over the wind to be heard.

Gordon Fury: And besides Chris, sometimes all you need to succeed is a leap of faith!

At that Gordon leaps out of the plane, and Chris follows closely behind him, the camera staying in the plane. The side door closes as the scene fades to black.

“When it Rains, it Pours.”

The scene opens up in a city street. The sky is completely black, rain pouring down, the dull illumination of the street lights the only thing bringing light to the darkness. The street is completely abandoned except for Gordon Fury, who is sprinting through the middle of the street, the hood of the jacket he is wearing pulled up over his face. He is getting absolutely pelted by the rain, and he is obviously soaked. Not gonna lie, he looks miserable.

Stupid fucking England and its stupid fucking rain. From the minute I got off the plane, it has been raining non stop. It should be illegal for it to rain so much. I suppose it is my fault for wanting to walk around, but still. I continue sprinting through the streets, before I turn a corner and see my motel. I manage to get under the entrance arch, finally getting a break from the rain. I take off my soaked hoodie and drop it on the ground. I keel over a little as I try to catch my breath, as an employee walks out through the automatic front doors.

Employee: Excuse me sir, may I help you?

Is this guy serious? I look like a drowned rat and this guy wants to know if he can help? Well no shit sherlock.

Gordon Fury: That would be swell. Thanks.

Employee: How may I be of assistance?

This guy is totally serious. I hate people.

Gordon Fury: Well I would REALLY like a towel. Lets start with that ay?

The man turns around and walks back inside, and I can't help but roll my eyes. I turn around and stare out into the dark, wet abyss. It actually has quite a surprising calming effect about it. That, or my body is shutting down due to hypothermia, one of the two. I hear the automatic doors open behind me, and I curiously turn around.

Gordon Fury: Wow that was fast.

Except the person who is standing in the doorway isn't the motel employee. It is someone much, much worse.

Gordon Fury: You have got to be kidding me.

I had to blink to make sure I wasn't seeing things. There, in a white dress, her red hair hanging over her shoulders, was Tracey Smith. Now for all of who who don't follow IWF, Tracey Smith was the girlfriend of my diseased brother Kurt. Recently she has decided that she has feelings for me, and wants us to be together. I don't. At all. I even told her as much. Even discounting her history with my brother, she irritates me beyond belief. I did my best to put on a fake smile as she approached.

Gordon Fury: Tracey, what a surprise. What are you doing here? I feel so under dressed.

She gives me a warm smile for my terrible attempt at humour

Tracey Smith: Well when I heard you were involved in this Survive and Conquer match, straight away I booked flights to England to cheer you on. Give you a bit of moral support in a foreign land.

Gordon Fury: You didn't have to do that.

You really, really, REALLY didn't have to do that.

Tracey Smith: Listen Gordon, things didn't end well between us the last time we spoke, and it is eating me. I did come here to support you in your match, but now that we are both calm, I need to know where we stand.

For once, I think the truthful, heartfelt approach might be the better option than my usual methods, so here goes.

Gordon Fury: Tracey, you are a good person, and your heart is in the right place, but you don't have feelings for me. It is my connection to Kurt and the hope that you can still be with him through me that you are attracted to. I don't blame you for it, you can't help how you feel, but its the truth.

There is a brief silence as Tracey seems to take it all in. Finally, I think I have made her understand.

Tracey Smith: I knew you would think like that at first Gordon, but I know that Kurt is gone. I want to look forward to my future now, and I want it to be with you.

God damn it.

Gordon Fury: Tracey listen...

Tracey Smith: Just think it over ok? I am willing to give you as much time as you need. Until then, you will always have my support.

Greeeeaaaaat. With that she puts a hand on my cheek, and looks me dead in the eyes, before turning and walking back through the automatic door. That could have gone a lot better, but no time to focus on that now. I shrug to myself.

Gordon Fury: At least things can't get any worse.

The automatic door opens again and the employee returns.

Employee: I am sorry sir, but it seems we have run out of towels.

At this point I was about ready to laugh or cry, so I did the former, and just burst out laughing right in this man's face. Sometimes its all you can do to stop yourself from going crazy.

Gordon continues laughing in the man's face like a drenched crazy person as the scene fades to black.

My Survive and Conquer RP (contains CD Storyline) FuryShoot

“Warzone”

The scene opens to sounds of gunfire and mortars exploding. The only thing you can see for miles is mud and barbed wire, and the outline of soldiers in the distance. Running through the mud in the foreground, clad in an army camo infantry outfit, is Gordon Fury. A mortar explodes to his left as he leaps over a low wall of barbed wire, not even flinching. As soon as he lands he is on the move again. The camera turns to show what is in front of Gordon, and the whole shot is taken up by a tank's primary canon, and the camera cuts back to back to Gordon as the cannon fires, and Gordon dives into the mud, the tank shell exploding behind him, raining mud all over him. Gordon looks ahead and sees a dug out a few metres ahead. Crawling as low as he can, Gordon gets to the dug out, and hauls himself into the ditch, taking the time to draw in deep breaths, trying to recover. You can now see the emblem of a flaming phoenix stitched to his shoulder.

Gordon Fury: Just in case anyone was wondering, war is hell. This war is no different. I am trapped behind enemy lines in a strange land, fighting to claim a prize that this nation holds dear. However I am not the only one fighting for this prize. Nations from all over the world have sent their best soldiers to invade these lands as well. Hell even my nation, IWF, has sent other soldiers besides me to these lands. But this prize can only belong to one person. Only the bravest, strongest, smartest, most resourceful soldier will be able to claim the prize not only for themselves, but for the nation they call home.

Gordon turns around and tries to peek over the edge of the dug out, and as he does the sound of machine gun fire is heard as Gordon quickly ducks back down into the trench.

Gordon Fury: But it is not just the invading soldiers I have to worry about. There are also soldiers of this land who will stop at nothing to claim their own prize for themselves. 100 soldiers in total, all fighting in this war, for a prize beyond measure, to prove to everyone that not only that they are the greatest soldier in the world, but to prove the dominance of the nation they represent.

A small “thunk” sound is heard as Gordon turns towards the noise, instantly spotting a live grenade that has landed next to him.

Gordon Fury: GRENADE!

Gordon dives away from the grenade as it explodes, a loud bang being heard before everything goes completely white, the sound of the explosion replaced by a sound almost like ringing in your ears. Slowly the ringing subsides as colour starts returning to the scene, and an actual image appears again. This time however, the warzone is gone. Instead it looks like the inside of an arena, and in the middle of this arena is a wrestling ring. And in this ring, dressed in casual clothes, looking no worse for wear, is Gordon Fury.

Gordon Fury: That however, is not where our fight will take place.

Gordon motions to the ring he is standing in.

Gordon Fury: This ring will be our battlefield, our war confined to a square circle. In less than a week, Wembley Arena will be our warzone, where 100 people will fight to see who will survive... and conquer.

Gordon laughs at his own joke. Again. Fucking moron.

Gordon Fury: Never gets old. People of the world, I am Gordon Fury. Now I don't expect many of you to know who I am, nor do I really care. I'm here to do my thing, and win the match, as I always do. One thing I CAN guarantee though, is that if you don't know who I am now, at the end of this match, you will. Cause I'm fucking awesome like that.

Gordon walks over to the ropes, pulling back on them. He then walks over to a corner and pulls on one of the turnbuckle coverings, testing its strength.

Gordon Fury: Now a lot of people have had there bits to say about this match. Preparation, their odds, all kinds of shit. Now it is true there is no way to prepare for this match. None. Knowing that the match involves is where preparation for this match ends. I can guarantee that no one is this match knows all 99 other people, and with unknown brings uncertainty. And it is a very bad idea to think you have prepared for this match with such uncertainty in place. It is a sure fire way to get yourself thrown out early. No, see the only preparation I can do is to prepare myself for the unknown. To make sure I am in top physical form, to make sure that I have what it takes to look this uncertainty in the eyes and slap it in the face. I have the utmost confidence in my abilities, but I am not kidding myself. This is in no way going to be easy. But for me, it never is. See even in my own federation I am doubted at every turn. I take risks, I go for things that many other people with more experience and skill than me have failed to achieve. But I am not like other people. Every single time people doubt me, I am driven to prove them wrong. And up to this point, I have managed to do so every step of the way. I am a fighter, it's what I do. The number that I drew is kind of fitting for me in that regard.

Gordon pulls his phone out of his pocket and holds it to the camera. The whole screen is taken up by the number “56”.

Gordon Fury: 56, just over half way. I am going to enter when things really start to pick up. Where over half the match is done and people start realising that this is there chance for greatness. This is when the fighting will be the thickest and the fastest, and that suits me fine. See I am the first to admit I am not the best technical wrestler, nor am I the best high flyer. What I am however, Is determined to win, no matter what it takes. I have been on the backfoot before, trapped in a corner, almost all hope gone. And yet, I always find a way. Whether it takes being creative, digging deeper within myself, or even bending rules. If I am determined to do something, it will take a supernatural force to stop me.

Gordon leaps over the ropes, landing on the outside floor. He then begins walking up the entrance ramp, a ramp that 100+ people will be walking up and down come Survive and Conquer. Gordon walks over to a barricade and puts his hand on it, turning back to the camera.

Gordon Fury: Ever since I signed up for this event, I have had endless amount of people, whether fans or reporters, or whoever, ask me if I thought I had what it takes to win. And I thought about the whole cliché “I don't think I'm gonna win. I know it” bullshit speech, but I make it a habit to tell people how it is. I am a man who will tell you exactly what I think to your face, no matter what the consequences. When I fight with words, the truth is my greatest weapon, because not even the biggest douche bag can spew enough shit to drown the truth. So the fact of the matter is, I don't think I can win. Nor do I know I can win. Because when I am get into that ring, it isn't going to make a flying fuck of a difference what I think or know, because you don't fight a match of this kind with your head. It doesn't matter what I think. After all, just because I think it, doesn't make it true. What does matter is the faith I have in my abilities in that ring. That no matter what happens, I can count of myself to bail me out of whatever I get into.

Gordon continues to walk up the entrance ramp onto the stage.

Gordon Fury: I mean at the end of the day, none of this will matter. 100 promos, 100 people talking about the match, and none of it will have any effect once that bell rings. Talk is cheap, it is now time for action.

Gordon points to the Survive and Conquer sign up in the rafters on the other side of the arena.

Gordon Fury: Everyone is in for a match unlike any other. The war is about to begin, and you had better believe I am gunning for the prize. I will settle for nothing less than having my hand raised, standing on the 99 corpses who got in my way. Ladies and gents, it is time to face the fury...

Mates.

Gordon turns around and walks through the entrance curtain, leaving the shot. The scene fades to black.
Back to top Go down

My Survive and Conquer RP (contains CD Storyline)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Archives :: Archives :: IWF Interactive :: Character Development-
Jump to: