Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim Patrick

Tim Patrick

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show" Empty
PostSubject: My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show"   My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:00 am

I had an idea. Using the premise of combining what WWE did with Saturday Night's Main Event in 1992, and what they did with WWE Prime Time from 1988 to 1992.

For the youngsters who have no idea WTF I'm talking about let me explain.

In 1992, Saturday Night's Main Event aired twice. Both times, they featured 3 matches. The shows typically aired leading up to a Pay Per View to enhance storylines.

WWE Prime Time was a show that was mostly made up of segments. They would go on location around the globe with the wrestlers. Some of the stuff was goofy comical stuff with Bobby The Brain Heneen and Mean Gene Okerlaund. They would have an "Event Center" where they would hype all the events happening around the country, using interview segments with the wrestlers. In Prime Time's latter days, there would be a 4 person panel discussing the going-on's of WWE, discussing the feuds, building hype for the storyline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Idea - is to combine the two shows in a way.

The show would air maybe one a month, maybe once every 2 or 3 months, leading up to a big Pay Per View. We'd have no more than 3 matches on the card, since show writing is a pain in the ass and Chuck, Brandon, and Corey have enough on their plates doing full shows for Battle Grounds and the PPVs. However, if we want our characters to be featured on the show, whether it's segments, interviews, or if we want our characters selected for that episode's panel discussion, then you have to write that part. This takes the load off of our 3 main writers. It will truly be a show for us, by us.

here is the basic format I have been thinking about
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Show Opening: Our host or hosts start the program, giving the viewer a run-down of what's going to be on the show.

Match #1

Interview segment where a wrestler takes the microphone in the ring and answers questions asked by the host.

Match # 2

Face to Face: Wrestlers will be backstage with the person they will face at an upcoming Pay Per View, and they will be face to face, with an interviewer in between asking the questions and stirring shit up. The wrestlers cut promos at eachother.
How do we write this? Let's say Corey Casey and I, Tim Patrick, have a big match at an upcoming PPV against eachother. Corey and I would trade PMs back and forth writing out what we want our characters to say to eachother.
If this sounds confusing, watch this for a basic idea as to what I'm saying. The difference is in my idea, the wrestlers are actually face to face, not via Satellite

Character Development Segment - A segment that is dedicated to whatever you want it to be. If you want your character to be followed around his hometown with a camera crew - write that segment. If you want your character to his their own special In Ring talkshow, write that segment. If your character just wants to have a regular backstage promos, write that segment.

Match # 3 - The Main Event

Final Segment - the Panel. 4 people, they can be wrestlers, hosts, whoever the fuck - sit around a table and discuss what's going on in IWF today and the upcoming PPV card. this should be written by the 4 people who have been selected to be on the panel during this episode by trading PMs.

~~~~~~~~~~~

i've been thinking about this for a long time. there is talk about having 2 full weekly shows once we build our roster a little more, but i don't support that idea. our writers will tire out and the fed will die. i've seen it happen. especially if we split the rosters for 2 separate weekly shows. doing so would create a limited roster and we'd just end up fighting the same few people over and over again. a full roster with PPVs, ONE weekly show, and a special show every now and then (my idea) would kick ass in my opinion.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show"   My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:09 am

While I like this idea in a way, personally I don't agree that if we have two shows the fed will die. The problem with keeping one show, and we have 20 or so people, then we have to make massive cards to try and fit everyone in. If we split it, we can make less massive cards, and fit everyone in. And personally, I know that if we do it the right way, then we won't tire out. Like, if chuck and Corey are in charge of writing one show, and myself and one other are in charge of the other. We're still only writing one show a week. And personally, I love writing shows, and would write 7 shows a week if I could.
Back to top Go down
Sean Libby

Sean Libby

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 3-4-0
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show"   My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:14 am

I think this would be great but i think it would be better for the lesser and
unsuccessful talent here.
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show"   My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:09 pm

The admins (Chuck, Brandon and myself) have, in fact, been toying with the idea of adding a second show in an attempt to fit all the talent and get everyone some rp practice time. But the problem is the fact that we are still short a few individual rp'ers. As of right now, we have a lot of people...but a lot of those people are second or even third characters. I know for a fact that Brandon has three characters, I have 3, Chuck has 4 or more, Jason has a few...so while the numbers might look good you have to take that some of the numbers might be padded with dual characters by the same person.

I agree with Brandon that physically writing the shows wouldn't be that big of a challenge if we could get someone to volunteer to help one of the admins write the show its self. It's just that we want to keep in mind that, as admins, we also have key characters and such that we need to write rp's for. One of Nick's main complaints was that he was forced to write the shows and write multiple rp's for a main event character. That's definitely a lot of writing and a lot of time to balance out with real life issues or events that may be transpiring at the same time as IWF. I know that, personally, i don't mind all the writing at the moment but that's because, at the moment, i'm unemployed and really have nothing else to do with my time haha. But i know Brandon and Chuck are still in college and have a lot going on so we would definitely need one of you guys to step up and help an admin write a second show.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Tim Patrick

Tim Patrick

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show"   My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:58 pm

here is a sample of what went on on WWF Prime Time

jake the snake interview show
on the road with million dollar man

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show"   My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show" I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:11 pm

I would definitely help write when I could....Which would be alot of the time actually
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show"   My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show" I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:24 am

I see no problem with having a second show. NLWF had two shows, actually, nearly 4 at one stage (Global Annihilation and Friday Fusion Facepalm ) but as long as we have dedicated staff, and members who are willing to help out by writing any matches or segments that the writers are unable to complete, it should be fine.

Speaking of which, I can help out writing, but I may not be available all the time, as I'm in year 12 and have band practice once a week (usually plus one or two on weekends).

But still, anything Chuck and Brandon can do in college, I should be able to manage right? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show"   My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My idea for a possible 2nd IWF "show"
Page 1 of 1