Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven Empty
PostSubject: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven   Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 am

FOR THE TITTY BELT!
Back to top Go down
Storming Raven

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 10-0-2
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven   Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:42 pm

Chapter 1: Never forget

Cherokee, N.C., is a nation unto itself and offers visitors a chance to learn about the native culture that originated in the Southern Appalachians. It is the home of the Eastern Band of Cherokee and also known as the Qualla Boundary.
It is believed that the Cherokee have inhabited this region for more than 11,000 years. Semi-permanent villages were dotted among the mountains by 8,000 B.C. The first Europeans did not pass through Cherokee territory until 1540—at that time the Cherokee controlled some 140,000 square miles throughout eight present-day southern states.
For the first 200 years of contact between the Cherokee and the Europeans, the Cherokee and settlers peacefully co-existed. Marriage between the two cultures was not uncommon. The role of written language—which the Cherokee did not previously have—motivated Sequoyah to create a Cherokee syllabary in 1821, which made the Cherokee literate.

However, broken trade agreements and hostilities from white settlers dramatically impacted the Cherokee, reducing their territory. Andrew Jackson began to insist that all southeastern Indians be moved west of the Mississippi, and despite native protests, the Trail of Tears proceeded, marching the Cherokee to Oklahoma. Nearly half of the 16,000 Cherokees on the forced march died of exposure, disease, and the shock of separation from their home.

After a month overseas, it feels good to be back among my people. Don't get me wrong, it's nice over there, but this is where my soul belongs. A lot of things have happened since the company was away. This is where I was born. The Oconaluftee village in North Carolina. I lived here the first ten years of my life. Then when I was ten, my family moved to Laredo, but this is where my heart feels most at peace. I walk along and listen to the sounds of nature. The elder women are weaving baskets, and blankets, while the elder men tell stories to the children. I stop with a slight smile to listen to the story.

An old Grandfather said to his grandson, who came to him with anger at a friend who had done him an injustice, "Let me tell you a story.
I too, at times, have felt a great hate for those that have taken so much, with no sorrow for what they do.
But hate wears you down, and does not hurt your enemy. It is like taking poison and wishing your enemy would die. I have struggled with these feelings many times." He continued, "It is as if there are two wolves inside me. One is good and does no harm. He lives in harmony with all around him, and does not take offense when no offense was intended. He will only fight when it is right to do so, and in the right way.
But the other wolf, ah! He is full of anger. The littlest thing will set him into a fit of temper. He fights everyone, all the time, for no reason. He cannot think because his anger and hate are so great. It is helpless anger,for his anger will change nothing.
Sometimes, it is hard to live with these two wolves inside me, for both of them try to dominate my spirit."
The boy looked intently into his Grandfather's eyes and asked, "Which one wins, Grandfather?"
The Grandfather smiled and quietly said, "The one I feed."

The story really hits home. It reminds me of everything that has gone on recently. I made a promise long ago to bring honor back to my people. I haven't fulfilled that promise. I can't let these little road blocks like Hollywood's Fucking Finest, or Flex Johnson's disrespect stop me. I must focus on my goal. The biggest match of my career in IWF is this Sunday. Finally I am getting a title shot. The catch is I must go against my morals and fight a woman...So be it. Sometimes a man has to do things he doesn't want to do. Management must think they're pretty funny. I got news for them, I won't back down. I won't lose sight of who I am, and where I came from.

I walk along without any intention of going where I end up, not paying attention. I find myself in front of the small house I grew up in. It is run down with age now, but this is where my father taught me at an early age to be a man. I force the door open with my shoulder and walk into the tiny living room. My father's voice echos in my mind

“Son, A woman's highest calling is to lead a man to his soul, so as to unite him with the source. A man's highest calling is to protect woman, so that she is free to walk among the earth unharmed. Any man who would lay his hands on a woman in a violent way is no better than the snake who hides in a dead log, waiting for someone to reach their hand in.”

I bow my head in thought, and speak to the empty house.

“What do I do now father? I do not want to do this, but I have to. It is my job, and my promise to bring honor back to the Cherokee. Am I doing the right thing?”

From somewhere deep in my mind I hear my father's voice again.

“Sometimes a man has to do something he doesn't want to, it's just a means to an end son. Just never let yourself succumb to the dark side of humanity, the side that doesn't care about anyone. There are lines you can never cross. Always remember who you are, and where you came from”

As I walk along through the house. I come to my bed room, and look down in the dust to see an old faded picture. I pick it up and my family looks back at me. I know now what I must do. The Cherokee rise at Homecoming. I walk out of the house and I am met with a big group of my people. Everyone in the reservation is there. The chief comes up to me, and ties a new Cherokee choker around my neck. He tells me how proud the people are of what I have accomplished, and to speak to them. I nod and stand on a near by stump to be seen by all.

“Thank you all. It's been a long nine years since I started on this path. It's had it's share of ups and downs, and sometimes the downs have outweighed the ups, but I will never quit. I made a promise long ago to bring honor back to the proud Cherokee people. It's been a long time since I've held gold,that will all change this Sunday in Boston. Be it management, Ace Static,Axle Vengeance, or Flex Johnson, this entire company underestimates me. Soon they will all learn that is a VERY bad mistake. Just like I shown Ace Static and Axle Vengeance, EVERYONE will know the Pride of the Cherokee nation is no joke! Management must be pissing themselves with laughter right now, making me go against my morals to achieve greatness... Well, they won't be laughing for long. It's not just me though, people have looked down upon us as a people, for far too long. Sunday night is the first step in my plan to bring pride and honor back to each and everyone of us, not only we Cherokee but all of the first nations. Even when we try to help, we are forgotten. Be it the Navajo wind talkers of World War II, or the Pima's own, Ira Hayes who helped raised the flag at Iwo Jima, yet is never talked about in documentaries, they would rather forget what they did to us. Well, I will not LET them FORGET. We are no strangers to adversity, and we are still strong. People mistake kindness for weakness. It is time for them to see our strength!”

I jump off the stump and my people surround me, the children and women hugging me, the men patting my back. I've been going about this all wrong. I have to do this for them, more than me. I shake hands with everyone as the limo driver pulls in, to take me back to Boston. This is everything I've worked for and I can't let everyone down this time. On the long drive back to Boston there is so much swimming through my mind. My career, and my personal life. The way I've been treated by most women, and the way they always tried to make me out to be the bad guy. Thank the great spirit those days are over, and my entire future is ahead of me, and many miles before I sleep.

Chapter 2: A city in mourning.

Boston, Massachusetts. A city that nearly two weeks ago was torn apart by a cowardly act, with no rhyme nor reason. It's times like this I remember the old words, judge not by the sins of the father. Many innocent people were hurt by these two reprehensible monsters. People are starting to come out of their houses, and go about their daily lives, but a certain unrest hangs in the air. They are strong, they won't let cowards keep them from living their lives. I find myself in the Boston's Children Hospital. I fight back the tears as I'm brought to a meeting room with about fifty kids. So much pain in their little eyes, it makes me wonder why the great spirit would do this to children. Cancer patients, and various other not so serious ailments, along with the kids unfortunate enough to be at the Boston marathon. Soon a little girl, no older than six years old comes up to me and tugs on my pants leg. She has lost her hair from cancer treatments and though the pain is evident, the smile on her face is as bright as the sun. She looks up at me with big blue eyes.

“Tell us a story,uncle Stormy.”

I grin down at her and run my hand over over head. I nod my head and sit down.
“Okay, u-we-tsi--a-ge-yv (daughter). What is your name?”

The little girl keeps that smile on me and sits on my lap, as she tells me her name.

“It's Faith,uncle Stormy.”

I smile at her.

“That is a great name u-we-tsi—a-ge-yv. We all could use a little Faith in our lives.”

I kiss her cheek and turn to the other children.

“Gather round me children, there's a story I will tell. I know most people are afraid of spiders, but they shouldn't be. This story is called 'How Grandmother Spider stole the sun'”

There is a collective sound of disgust from the little girls, and a snicker and collective “cool” from the boys. I grin and begin the story.

"Now, when Earth was brand new, there was much confusion, for there was darkness everywhere. All of Earth's Peoples kept bumping into each other, and were often hurt. They all cried out for light, that they might see.
Fox said that he knew of some people on the other side of the world who had plenty light. He said that it was nice and warm, but those people were too greedy to share it with anyone else. Possum said that he would steal Sun. "I have a beautiful, bushy tail," he said. "I can hide the Sun in all of that fur. Let me try."
So Possum went to the other side of the world and found the Sun. It was hanging up in a Tree and lighting up everything. Possum took a piece of the Sun and hid it in the fur of his tail. But Sun was so hot that it burned all of Possum's tail hairs off. To this day, Possum has a bare tail. The people discovered Possum and took the piece of the Sun back.
Buzzard said, "I will take the Sun myself. I will put it on my head, so that I can see where I am going with it." So he tried to take the Sun too. He flew to the other side of the world, and dived down to snare the Sun in his claws. But it was so hot that it burned all of Buzzard's feathers off of his head. To this day, Buzzard's head is bald and ugly. The people discovered Buzzard, and took the Sun back.
Then Grandmother Spider said, "Let me try." First, she made a very thick clay pot, big enough to put the Sun in. Then, she spun a web which reached all the way to the other side of the world. She was so small and quiet that these people did not notice her at all. When she was ready, she quickly snatched up the Sun in her big clay pot, and hurried back home along her web. Now her side of the world had light, and warmth. Everyone rejoiced at Grandmother Spider's gift.
Spider Woman brought the Sun to the Principal People, the Cherokee, but also the gift of fire. She also taught them to make pottery.

The moral of the story children, is no matter how small, everyone has a purpose in their lives. The Great Spirit gives us all a special gift. It's just up to us to find it. Each and everyone of you are very special. The Great Spirit hasn't forgotten you, and neither has the world. I know it feels like it some times, but you have to stay strong.

I smile at the children as they all come up one by one, and hug me.

“With that said, now we can talk about the real reason I'm here. As you all know IWF's Homecoming pay per view is this Sunday. It's sold out.”

At this point all the children look sad.

“That is why all of you will be coming to the show backstage as my guest to watch me win my first IWF Phoenix championship...”

All the children go crazy with excitement. I smile as I look around at the nurses who have tears in their eyes. I spend a few more hours signing autographs and taking pictures with the children.

“Now I have to go, but I will see all of you Sunday, can I count on your support in this very important and challenging match?”

The children cheer again as I walk out of room, down the hall, and take the elevator down and walk out of the hospital feeling better than I have in a long time.

Chapter 3: Training with a future legend.

So management wants to try to throw me off my game? Well I got a surprise for them. There's more to me than just being extreme. I stand in the middle of the ring in a black tank top and black and red MMA shorts. "No easy way out" by Bullet for my valentine blares over the speakers in the gym. Time to get back to work on my technical, and high flying ability.

The trainer looks at me and speaks.

"Alright, champ let's see what you got."

I nod and meet him in the middle of the ring. We lock up, and he grabs my arm and puts me in a hammerlock. I'm ready for it. I bend down, and reach for his leg tripping him, and applying a spinning toe hold. He kicks me off and I hit the ropes, as he stands I come back with a flying forearm. I climb the top turnbuckle and come off with a corkscrew shooting star press. I pick him up and shoot him into the ropes. As he comes back I hit the ground and he jumps over me. I get back to my feet and when he comes back, I hit him with a code breaker then lock in the dream catcher. He taps and we stand and shake hands. 

"You're ready."

I nod and climb out of the ring. I sit down on the bench and grab a bottle of water and take a drink. Soon I hear foot steps behind me.

Yuko out of sheer curosity arrives dressed in his casual attire.

Yuko Isamu
Heh....nice to see I'm not the only one getting ready.

I nod acknowledging Steel Angel's presence.

"Management must think they're quite funny making me go against my morals, to achieve my goal. I got news for them this is gonna back fire on them. Sometimes a man has to do something he doesn't want to do."

I take another drink of water. 

"They think I'm out of my element, but there is more to me than just hardcore."

He folds his arms behind his back.

Yuko Isamu
Hasen't it occured to you that it's exactly what they had intended from the very start? Take it from me, most people would say the main thing that holds me back is my morals and what do I do about? I prove them wrong.

I sigh.

"It's time everyone knows I'm not the one to mess with. I'd never willingly hit a woman, but this is just business, nothing personal. Not taking anything from Blyss she is one hell of a competitor, but it's my time to shine. Well over a year with the company, and this is my first title shot. Blyss got one a few months into her career."

Yuko folds his arms and takes a look at Storm.

Yuko Isamu
I understand all too well what you're going though. I can't really relate to you in that sense but I can however tell you this: First time I came to the company I was but a child, a child who was given an opportunity of a life time. No one cared who I was at that point in time, to everyone watching I was just a slab of fresh meat hanging on the hook waiting for someone to chop me up. Point is Storm I didn't get to where I'm at because of ethics or morals, I got to this spot because I said fuck you to the critics and to the management who thought I woulden't last a week. I went out there with one intent in mind: To win.

He takes another look.

Yuko Isamu
What I'm saying is: Want to be a champion? Stop compaining, get your head in the game, screw the foreplay and treat her no differently than any person you've fought up to this point. It worked for me.

I nod at Steel, then look at the ring, and back at Steel.

"Wanna help me get back to where I need to be?"

I jerk my thumb toward the ring.

He smirks, a challenge? Why not?

Yuko Isamu
I got time to kill, let's throw down. First let me change my shoes real quick.

Tossing his bag aside he removes his shoes and replaces them with his athlete shoes, he then removes the overshirt revealing a blue plain t-shirt. Once he's done he enters the ring and streaches out before leaning towards a turnbuckle corner.

Yuko Isamu
Whenever you're ready, just don't expect to get out this ring unscathed, I'm going to fight you like it's an actual match.

I nod with a smile and step up on the ring apron. 

"I wouldn't expect you to do anything less."

Without another word I sling shot over the rope and hit him with a clothes line.

Yuko ducks the attack with ease and waits for Storm to turn around before he peppers me with a series of fists to the mush before he whips me to the ropes.

Good. This is just what I needed. As he shoots me into the ropes, I duck as I come back and he goes for a clothesline. I don't go to the other side I stop and apply a sleeper, and fall to my stomach while holding him in the sleeper.

Yuko feels me tightening the hold on the sleeper however having master submissions himself he finds a means to slip out of it and both men get to their feet. He smirks as the two begin circle each other.

Yuko Isamu
Come on now Storm, no need for this formality, fight like you mean it.

He puts his arms up and moves in with a punch combination.

As he hits a few punch combinations, I step into it trapping his arms under mine and giving him a headbutt,before sweeping his legs out from under him with my right leg, I grab his leg and apply a figure four.

Yuko seems to have lit a fire in me, after taking my offense full on he finds himself trapped in the figure four however manages to roll himself over and force the break. He shakes his head to regain his composure and climbs back to his feet waiting for me to make my next move.

I kick him in the gut,and execute a swinging neckbreaker, then drop a series of elbows to him on the ground, before doing a standing moonsault.
Yuko again takes his offense full on however reacts in time to counter the moonsault by applying both knees when Storm lands. As I hold my gut Yuko uses his flexibility to kick me square on the head before springing back his feet, he nails a dropkick sending me back to the ropes and springs back in time to intercept me as I try to clothesline him however Yuko picks me up on the rebound and hits a spinebuster. Yuko wastes no time as he moves in and attempts to apply an anaconda vice.

I elbow him repeatedly in the side of the head, breaking the hold and pull him up to shoot him into the ropes. On his way back I hit a code breaker and lock in the dream catcher/gogoplata choke.

Yuko gets rattled with the code breaker and finds himself in trouble as he gets locked in the dream catcher. He attempts to break out of it but finds the hold to be too tight and so he pushes himself towards the ropes. He grabs the second rope and uses the extra leverage to slip out of the hold. Hurting but no way close to being done Yuko bought himself some time to recover before I charge in once more, Yuko reacts quickly and manages to throw him up and nail him with the Divine Cutter.

I lay there as he hits the divine cutter for a little bit, shaking out the cob webs. I slowly get to my feet, and Irish whip him into the corner. I run and hit a stinger splash and transition to walk backward up the top turnbuckle, grabbing his hair and pulling him up. I position him and lift him up into the Storm warning and jump down releasing him in mid air. I follow by jumping back up to the turnbuckle, and jumping off with the eye of the storm/corkscrew shooting star press.

Yuko feels all the air almost being knocked out of him as he gets driven with the Storm Warning. However he reacts just in time to roll out of the eye of the storm. Pulls himself back up and takes a deep breath as he waits for Storm to get to his feet.

Yuko Isamu
I think that's enough for now, gotta save some of that for Blyss you know?

I get to my feet holding my ribs and nod. I grin and hold out my hand for a handshake.

"So what do you think? Am I ready?"

Yuko smiles and takes my handshake.

Yuko Isamu
More than you ever know.

He looks at me square in the eye.

Yuko Isamu:
Give her hell kid.

He pats me on shoulder and proceeds to leave the ring.

I grin and jump out of the ring. I grab a bottled water and take a long drink, as I watch Steel leave the gym. This is my destiny. I can not afford to lose. Eight long years I've been in this business.

Chapter four: No easy way out.

After the visit to the Boston Children's hospital, I hopped on a company owned private jet on my way to the trail of tears commemorative park in Hopkinsville,Kentucky. On the flight I have a lot of time to think. I think of the things I've done in my life, both in and out of the ring. Mostly I think of the women who have come and gone out of my life.

My first wife, Amanda. She was a whore in the most literal sense of the word. She cheated on me constantly. Though the worst thing she put me through is, when I was stuck in the mountains in a blizzard. When I got home I found a note telling me she was leaving me, and taking our son Jacobi with her. What's worse she left me for another woman. I was in a very dark place,emotionally. Afterward, she had the gall to come to our home after when I was with family on a roof. I ended up kicking her off the roof into a dumpster. Not something I'm proud of, but I did it. I started drinking heavily, and taking pain medication on top of it. I almost died. Then I got my chance for revenge, when myself and my tag team partner at the time got a chance to face her, and her lover who were the tag team champions at the time. That was my eighth time holding the tag team titles. That was the last time I ever hit a woman...

I feel completely invigorated as the van pulls into the park. I can feel the pain and torment my people went through here. It motivates me. I stand in traditional Cherokee clothing, taking deep cleansing breaths. A Cherokee choker around my neck, and a handmade breast plate covering my other wise bare chest, and my normal faded jeans are replaced with buck skin leggings. My feet are bare and the grass under my feet feels natural. A statue of one of the great Cherokee chiefs who passed into the spirit world, White path stands proudly behind me. I wave my hand in a circular motion, letting the camera man know to start rolling. The camera is zoomed in on the intense glare in my cold gray eyes. My voice is eerily calm as I begin to speak.

“This week has been one of the most emotional of my life. In my eight year career, I've never wanted to fight a woman. It just didn't seem right. Let's face it, not to sound sexist but males are bigger, stronger than females. So I've never wanted to hit a woman. Then I started thinking about my people. When the white man discovered this country, Indians were running it. No taxes, no debt, women did all the work.  White man thought he could improve on a system like this. So it got me thinking, in our sport, women have the right to prove themselves and fight men. Who am I to try and hold them down?”

The camera slowly pans out to show my attire and the statue behind me.

“My people have been through so much, and I owe it to them to bring back to them the honor and dignity they once had.”

I run my fingers through my hair.

“Now Blyss. You are one hell of a competitor, but you are still a rookie. You've been in this business a few months. I have been doing this for eight long years. We are friends, but do not mistake my kindness for weakness. Come Sunday, when we are face to face, and that bell rings....There are no friends. When that bell rings you are just another person who has looked down upon me, just like the management, Flex Johnson, and HFF. You have proven yourself time and time again. Now I have something to prove. It is time for everyone to take notice. I am the Pride of the Cherokee Nation. I have been holding back for far too long. Don't hold back when we get in that ring Blyss. Don't go easy on me, because I will not be going easy on you. Remember, it's nothing personal. It's just business.”

A sneer comes over my face.

“Until now people have looked at me as a joke. I hear what people are saying, he hasn't done anything to earn this shot, I will prove that I deserve it. I will show everyone that this wasn't just handed to me because some coward took his ball and went home. People think the only thing I know is the hardcore style. That's simply not true. I can go hold for hold with the best of them. Fighting has been the only constant in my life. I have nothing to lose, you do. I want to apologize in advance if I end up hurting you. This isn't just a career for me. It's my life! I will not rest until the belt is around my waist. I am undefeated in seven singles matches. I have everything to gain. The time of the resurrection of the proud Cherokee people is now. You should know Blyss that when we step in that ring, you're not only facing me, but every single fallen Cherokee who came before me. All the pain, suffering, and injustice done to my people over all these centuries ends Sunday. You call yourself a queen. Your monarchy is coming to an end. The queen WILL fall. You have one more day to hold on to that title. I hope you keep it nice and shiny, because at Homecoming, the title comes home with me, and I will get the respect that I so rightfully deserve for the eight years of putting my body on the line for this business. You think you know what I have been through, but you have NO IDEA! I am ready to walk through hell for what I want....Are you? Wakan Tanka Wasaka Maku Wo! (Great Spirit give me strength.)"

I raise my left arm and face to the sky as I shout a piercing war cry to the heavens, and the camera fades to black.
Back to top Go down
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven   Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:09 pm

”This Is How I Drive”

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven Tumblr_lu15fsRjcv1qkpcapo1_500

Monday - Post BattleGrounds

The IWF camera crew follows Blyss walking backstage toward the women’s locker room after her match. When she notices them, she gives a weary smile and pats the Phoenix championship title that’s slung over her shoulder.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Told you I’d get the job done, didn’t I? This belt right here may not be as grand as the world title but its significance will definitely be multiplied in my reign. And if you hadn’t believed in what I can do after Ascension then let tonight be the night that you would. Especially you, Storming Raven. (chuckles) So sweet ol’ Jess has decided to replace my opponent at Homecoming with you, huh? Fine. Whatever. I hope you’re ready for Sunday then. I know how much you’ve been wanting a decent title shot and now finally, management is listening. Congratulations, my friend. I’ll see you later.

She gives a little wave and heads into the women’s locker room, closing the door behind her.

I know I have a way
Of fading when I’m listening

[ the following is a dream sequence ]

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven Tumblr_ltkwfklpxD1r23tzz

Blyss stands in the middle of barren ground and there’s a wrestling ring in front of her. There’s no one else around yet she hears crowd cheering as if from a distance and for some reason, her heart is beating rapidly. She turns to look around and then suddenly a ladder appears in front of her. In her ears, familiar voices scream her name for attention but she sees no one. As if possessed by an outside force, she hops onto the bottom-most ladder step. Something hangs far above, shining way too brightly. Her eyes hurt when she looks at it. She quickly bows her head down. Louder than the screams in a calm manner speaks the one voice that she knows very well.

Winning at Ascension was the first step up. The naysayers got silent. The disbelievers had their faith restored. The ladder before you stands clearer than yesterday and the top seat does not look too far away. In fact, you can reach it. You can actually feel what it’s like to be there and you chuckle as you realize how silly you were to think even once that you were not worth it. That you were not good enough to be considered a place amongst the best in the business. Every single day you work hard to be where you are and every day they tell you that you are nobody special. Oh just another pretty face, they say. And that the path you have chosen to carve for yourself in life is only a fool’s dream. That the hunger inside you exists in everyone else so what is it that really sets you apart?

She climbs two rungs up and for some reason, each movement she makes is now painful. But she presses on as she grits her teeth.

I will tell you what sets you apart from wrestling’s immortals and the ones whose journeys will end as quickly as they come. You first joined this twisted world of competing in life-threatening fights to wear gold around your waist and be recognized globally as one of the best, if not the best. Years ago, you entered the Steel Domain just to escape those therapy sessions that your family has carelessly thrown you into. I opened your eyes to the best cure to grief and you made that decision to stay all on your own. I am your support, your guide and your friend. I know you more than you know yourself. We may not always agree but I know what you really need. And slowly but surely, you will learn that I am more than just a voice in your head. I am a part of you and that makes me... You.

She fights the urge to look up once more but to no avail. Instinctively, she covers her eyes with her hands. She starts to fall backwards.

Everyone has a story to tell... So which one are you telling today, my dear Blyss? And which one are you still hiding from them?

THUD.

She hits the ground hard which doesn’t feel like the ring mat. Moaning in pain, she turns on her side and presses her cheek to the cold cement floor. As her eyes adjust, she sees flashes of her surroundings. The ring is gone and so is the ladder. All that’s left is whatever it is up there taunting her with its glare. She tries to move and finally realizes that the floor isn’t at all smooth. In fact, she can feel something powder-like stuck to her face. Braving the pain, she swipes a bit of the powder with her fingers and takes a look at her hand. It’s black ashes. She forces herself to get up, screaming in agony as she goes.

Which story are you telling today?

I can’t stop them from leaving
I can’t stop them from believing

Wednesday

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven Tumblr_lyvoxxkLrY1qjuvtn

Blyss presses the doorbell and waits anxiously, twirling her hair around one finger. As soon as Blyss’ father opens the front door, she falls right into his arms and starts sobbing. This surprises him even though she has called earlier that she’s coming over and he senses something’s wrong from the tone of her voice. He holds his younger daughter for a moment before leading her into the house. She pulls away gently and sits on a chair, wiping her tears. He goes out again to bring in her bags and then offers her a box of tissues. She takes it and sets it on her lap. He leaves for the kitchen before returning to the living room with a cup of warm lemonade for her.

Jeremy Lockhart
Hope this makes you feel better, honey.

She nods gratefully, sipping the drink. She dabs her eyes with a piece of tissue and sniffs. She leans back against the chair and closes her eyes for a moment. Her father waits patiently, just as ever.

He never knows what to say, that old man.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I... I’m sorry, Dad. I just have a lot-- My mind’s all over...

Jeremy Lockhart
It’s alright, Melyssa. I’m here.

Her mind races, not sure where to begin. She sighs but still doesn’t say a word.

Jeremy Lockhart
How was the tour?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(shrugs) Okay, I guess... It started off well and then it just went downhill from there. I don’t know what happened. I mean, not really...? (sighs) Dad, I just couldn’t do it. With Mikey... It’s over. I messed up, okay? And I let it get to me and everything else gets messed up too. Why can’t I do this? Funny how I gave Griffin some relationship advice when I’m obviously not the right person to ask. I do everything wrong. And it hurts. (her voice cracks) Like I can’t... breathe... (pauses, continues in normal voice) I can’t take it back, I know. But I can’t move on either.

He sits next to her, a firm hand on her shoulder.

Jeremy Lockhart
You never told me what happened with Michael. Your Aunt Janet told me you two just ended things all of a sudden.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(nods sadly) We did. Well, actually I did. Since capturing the title at Ascension, I thought I needed to re-assess everything. When I look at Mikey and how much more I have to work to be a better wrestler, I didn’t think I could have both... So I guess I panicked.

Jeremy Lockhart
And now you miss him?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I didn’t mean to leave him, Dad.

Not realizing that it isn’t an actual answer to his question, he furrows his eyebrows together in concern as he continues to think of how to console his daughter. But his thoughts get interrupted.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Did you catch any of the show episodes for the past few weeks? Jaci’s right. Whatever happens outside the ring affects what goes on inside. You must be really disappointed in me, Dad. It’s okay to tell me that because you won’t be the only one.

She remembers seeing Michael’s tweet specifically that said “So fucking disappointed in you right now.” Tears threaten to spill again but she blinks them away quickly.

Jeremy Lockhart
I remember your mother once told me about that day you came home from school when you were 12 with a bandaged knee and cuts on your hands and shins. You said that you tripped and fell during soccer practice and cried because you thought you disappointed her since it’s an important training before the big game. You were so scared to face me when I got home from work. I didn’t understand why until your mother told me.

She turns to look at her father with a questioning look on her face.

Jeremy Lockhart
Your mother wasn’t disappointed in you at all and neither was I. Mistakes happen sometimes and they may be your own doing which makes it harder to accept the embarrassment they may cause. But that’s what makes you perfect to me, Melyssa, because no matter what happens, you are my daughter and I love you. You’ve always been my tough little one and you can never disappoint me. So what if you lose sometimes? It keeps us motivated to always do better and that’s all I ask of you. Alright now?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(nods slowly) Better... But Dad, you may not be upset with me so what do I do when someone else is?

Jeremy Lockhart
We always try to make amends with those who are important to us when we do them wrong but the real question is, will doing so make us feel better or worse? Sometimes we have to put our own happiness before others. It’s also a form of sacrifice. Hopefully the other person understands this.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

That’s exactly what I’m hoping for but I don’t think he will because... I did hurt him. I figured my career is more important and I blindsided him. It’s just not fair for him... at all. And now this is all hurting me because... I miss him.

She slowly breathes in and out.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Now it’s too late. He’s gone.

Jeremy Lockhart
Is he really, Mel?

She thinks about the times they’ve talked on the phone, text messages and on Twitter since the breakup.

Jeremy Lockhart
If he truly doesn’t want to stay, you wouldn’t be hearing anything from him. Think about what makes you happy, Mel. Then fix it.

She wipes her eyes again and thinks for a moment. Then she finally smiles.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I’ll fix it.

She gives him a hug.

Jeremy Lockhart
Do you want to lie down for a bit? You look exhausted.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(sighs) I want to... but maybe it’s best if I go back to the apartment now. I haven’t been home for days.

Jeremy Lockhart
Alright. I’ll check up on you later.

Blyss goes home, wondering if the apartment would look any different than the last time.

I’d lie if you say so
Come and you go
And you go

Wednesday

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven Tumblr_m8hw312a681rtgqyg

Instead of going home first, Blyss decides to take a little detour. Making her way nervously through the graveyard, she tugs at the hem of her shirt while biting her bottom lip. Though the last time she’s been here was the day of the funeral, she still remembers the spot where her mother has been laid to rest. She constantly dreams about coming here every time she feels anxious about something before going to sleep and times like now, that’s been happening quite often. After 8 years, today finally calls for a visit. She stops before the headstone with the familiar inscriptions on it. She squats down and traces her fingers over the carved words of her mother’s name. She takes out a notebook from her bag and a white rose which she places on the grave. She then opens up to a page of the book.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

It feels a little strange to be talking out loud like this but I guess if they do it all the time in movies and TV shows then I guess they do it in real life too. Plus, I do need... this... There’s never a day that goes by without a thought of you, Mom. Just to let you know. These days haven’t been easy and after talking to Dad, I really wanted to talk to you too. (pauses) It used to be like that, right? Whether it’s me or Kenzie, you and Dad were always side by side when giving advice or... (smiles) a lecture. And then we would have our little extra talks in the kitchen while you baked. I probably messed up your recipes more often than not but you always knew how to fix it. I used to think that I could do it too, fix everything that goes wrong in life. Until lately when it seems like all I do isn’t right at all. Dad tries of course but you know how he is. (chuckles) He bought me a new computer when Taylor and the band dumped me. Yeah your friend Jamie’s son Taylor. Mmhmm, they replaced me with another vocalist because I’m a girl. (smiles) It all sounds so silly now but at the time I was furious and Dad figured a computer would help. (laughs gently before sighing) This thing with Mikey... I wish I could take it back. I wish I hadn’t broken things off with him. But does that mean I wish I hadn’t won the Phoenix championship? Almost. Maybe... It’s quite confusing, I know. Why did I think that I don’t need him when I have the title? Why did I panic even though things were going my way? Why... (wipes tears) Have I always been the type to run away before things may or may not go wrong? Why am I so scared of things that may or may not happen? I quitted that indy company in Japan because on top of being homesick, I was also afraid to reach higher than my comfort level to compete for titles. I did try though a couple of times but both tournaments ended abruptly before anything else could happen. And when I didn’t try, I got left behind while my close friends advanced further and further in their careers. I wish you were still here to tell me what I can do to combat these insecurities. Maybe they’re what’s making me feel like I don’t believe that I’m ever gonna be good enough to be loved by someone like him. (frowns) Could that be it? Hmm... I have to stop thinking this way. Yeah... I do have people who believed in me and I spat it back in their faces. (sighs) That’s not good. (smiles) But I’m glad I realize that now. Thanks, Mom. I miss you...

She glances down on the open notebook.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Before I go, there’s something else I should have done 8 years ago too. I wrote this letter for you when you went to the hospital for the last time. I figured I’d read it to you then when you would come home but you never did. (smiles) So here it is. I planned to read it to you anyways. Okay. Dear Mom, they said there’s going to be a blizzard today but let’s pretend that the sky is a clear blue and the sun is out shining gloriously so that we can go to the park and...

Her voice falters into sobbing. Tears flow freely down her cheeks. She collapses on the grass next to the grave and buries her face in her hands for a while. Then she looks up, wipes her tears and rises to her feet. She takes a deep breath and puts on a brave smile that trembles slightly at first then stays strong.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Let me start over. Dear Mom, they said there’s going to be a blizzard today but let’s pretend that the sky is a clear blue and the sun is out shining gloriously so that we can go to the park and count how many butterflies we can spot...

She finishes the letter without breaking stride.

And I can’t stop you from leaving
I can’t stop you from believing

Thursday

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven Tumblr_ml2d4zBnAX1s9btk2o1_250

Blyss sings and drums her fingers along to the music playing from the car radio as she drives along the highway. She’s had a good night’s rest and her mood has improved since yesterday. The one thing she would readily admit is that she misses driving her car. She’s had it since her 16th birthday. Remembering the times when she would sneak off to wrestling classes instead of therapy makes her smile a little. Of course when she got caught, that wasn’t fun. She glances over at her iPhone that’s propped up in its place as her GPS for the journey and she recalls something else she used to do. Recording promos in the car. She sets the phone to video camera mode and taps “record”.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

It’s amazing to reflect back on how emotions can drive you in life. (scoffs) No, that’s not a cute pun I try to come up with. It just popped out. Whatever. Anyways... I’ve been doing a lot of thinking these past few days and I realize how powerful emotions can be. At Ascension, I had that strong determination and desire to win the championship that’s been dangled in front of me since the start of my career here in the Insurgency. Then last week, I was slapped in the face with the triple combo of hurt, guilt and self worth. Being told that you can’t succeed on your own and then have your trust questioned and insulted led me to a huge victory over Parker. This week? The same emotions have escalated and what perfect timing, just in time for the Homecoming PPV. Emotions... You know what they say about us women and emotions. Don’t worry, I won’t lose control... Yet.

She chuckles and glances at the camera quickly before continuing.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I am right now driving to Boston for Homecoming where yours truly will be defending her Phoenix championship title. 3 weeks ago, I challenged Cassidy Smith but apparently, he’s been stripped off the title last week and I’ve got myself a new opponent, Storming Raven who also happens to be my friend. Truth be told, I’ve never faced someone like him. He’s the hardcore and technical type of wrestler, leaning more toward hardcore I believe. I mean, have you seen the fights he’s been in throughout his eight years in this business? Maybe the one at Bloody Sunday 2 against my buddy Tim Patrick? Or one of the more recent ones like on Battlegrounds in his specialty match ‘Trail of Tears’ against Ace Static? The brutality that he would inflict upon his opponents is actually pretty scary. But despite all that, Raven’s a sweetheart. He has been nothing but nice to me and even though we sent tweets to tease each other about our upcoming match, he’s still the same ol’ Raven. The guy who sings and plays in his band called Spirit Wheel when he’s not making his rivals bleed in the ring. The guy who openly expresses his love to his fiancee which to be honest is a little too much at times. (laughs) Sorry Raven but seriously though sometimes it’s okay not to tweet about it. As a friend, I really don’t wanna know everything that goes on with you. But despite that, I’m glad to hear you’re in love. I’m not exactly in a good situation relating to that right now but in a way, what you have with Leilani from what I can tell is inspiring. Even when Ace came in to spoil the picture, you two stayed strong and fought together to keep the relationship. But there is one thing that made me go, hmmm...? You have this tendency to please her and do anything just to make her happy again. I know it’s obviously a good thing but you do so to the point that every single time you “sense” that she’s upset, even in the tiniest bit, you go full on protective mode. If I were her, Raven, honestly I’d tell you to give me some space. We’re not close, I know. You’ve mentioned that you’re uncomfortable fighting with a woman so this really explains your initial reaction toward being given this match with me. It’s not actually wrong but... (shrugs) I’m a little offended. Can’t help it. Here I am extending the challenge for my title over to the male division and you’re kinda spitting it back in my face. I know that’s not what you meant but hey, natural reaction, right? Same goes to you for being this sweet guy from Texas who finds fighting with women to be morally wrong. Raven, let me tell you something. There is a difference, a big difference, between fighting women for your own sick abusive entertainment and fighting them in a world class sport competition. Where do you think this industry is a part of? Aren’t we all right now competing with one another to be the best in what we love to do? If you can’t see it this way then maybe don’t bother showing up this Sunday. (feeling angrier) I would expect this kind of crap from someone like Philip Joseph with whom I’ve had the biggest displeasure of being insulted and humiliated because hey, I’m a woman. (mockingly) And women don’t belong in the ring, that’s a man’s world! Is that what you think so too, Raven? I’m sorry but this really pisses me off. And that’s exactly why I’ve been totally okay with facing men in that squared circle because people who think the way you do make me wanna go and prove week in and week out that I can do the same thing out there like you. And each time I’ve done so, I’m met with praises but when the following week’s matches are announced, I get the same fucking bullshit from people like you. Haven’t I done enough to show what I’m capable of? Didn’t I beat Baron Blaze twice? Or what about pinning Steel Angel for the tag titles though the match ended in a draw? Maybe the random tag match where I could have ended Ethan Cage if it weren’t for that idiot Aries. Better yet, did you see what I did to Parker just last week? Yeah you know that guy who’s a Grandslam champion? He’s been taunting me for weeks about “dealing” with him and I kept my promise. But do you know what sets Parker apart from these people? He didn’t underestimate me. And you, my friend, shouldn’t either. Welcome to 2013 when women are allowed to vote and wear pants in public.

She sighs in exasperation before shaking her head, amused at the silliness of her last sentence. She glances at the camera before returning her attention on the road.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(chuckles) I’ve just been pretty much up to here (gestures to the top of her head) with this actually. You’re really not going against any morals here, Raven. It’s because you care a lot for us women, isn’t it? Or something like that? That’s why you can’t bring yourself to think about even the possibility of hurting a woman. I can respect that though but if you keep seeing it wrong then nobody can help you here. You’re given this one chance at a title shot right now and as your friend, it pains me to see you feeling conflicted about it when there really isn’t any reason to be. Surely the reason behind this has a hint of fear. So tell me, Raven, what are you exactly afraid of? The guy who’ll do anything to come out the winner from a hard fought and more often than not bloody battles. Why can’t you do the same for our match? Why can’t you be the kind of wrestler that you’ve worked so hard to become when you step in that ring with me? I’ve never been in an actual hardcore match before but I’ve been put through tables. (rolls her eyes sightly) Thanks to someone... And I’m still here alive and driving! (laughs) Hell I even survived what Philip did to me weeks ago with nothing more than bruised ribs. If it’s the fear of hurting women, then I really think you should get over it. Please. Or the first thing I do is my knee to your face when the opening bell rings. Just to get you... inspired.

She smiles, glancing at the camera before looking back at the road.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

You’ve said so yourself, Raven. You felt like you’ve been “ treated like garbage” despite the fact that you’re one of the top wrestlers in IWF and have won seven straight singles wins. And on top of that, you’ve been working here for a year now but you haven’t been given a single title shot. That took you long enough. If you were this unhappy for a while now, why haven’t you said a word to management? I’m genuinely just wondering... Because if I were you, I wouldn’t be able to wait this long. To say that you’re content with your position, no obviously. To say that you wouldn’t think you deserve it, hmm, not really. So what was it that’s been holding you back, Raven? (pauses) Hmm... Or maybe the real question is, what made you finally snap and barge into Jessica’s office the other day? Now this is the Raven I wanna meet in the ring this Sunday. Will you be him? Tell me what emotions will be driving you at Homecoming so that we can put on a hell of a match for the fans, the roster, the management and the rest of this world. Because like I said, I’ll be giving you 100% and I expect you to do the same. This way, we’ll be helping each other out by testing each other’s limits and drawing out each other’s full potential. Wouldn’t that be something you’d be proud of as part of your match records? If you’re not bringing the pride of the Cherokee nation then you won’t be one at Homecoming. It’s as simple as that so I hope, I hope, that you will bring the fight to me as I to you. By the way, just so you know, I’ve had another bad week and I’m gonna need a new punching bag. i.e. You. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. No? (grins) See you in Boston, my friend.

She’s about to stop the recording when she stops.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Oh and uh, I may be giving you this chance to prove that this title shot won’t go to waste on someone who’s initially reluctant to take it and you know, someone who’s been around for a long time yet feels neglected by management but... This Phoenix championship is staying right here with me after Sunday. Like you, I have everything to prove as well because now, it’s less of showing that a woman can fight as well as men and more of proving why I deserve to win the title in the first place. This will be me smiling and holding the belt in every single person’s face who thinks otherwise. Raven, my friend, I will be the reigning and defending Phoenix champion because there’s just no other way to go about it. (sings) Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anything better than you...

She giggles and turns off the recording. She makes a mental note to upload it later that night when she checks into a hotel. Thinking about it, she sighs. Hotels are not her favorite thing about traveling. It’s just not easy sleeping in strange places.

And I can’t stop you from leaving
I can’t stop you from believing

--------------------------------
OOC: Inspired by lyrics from “Fading and Listening” by Shiny Toy Guns
Back to top Go down
Storming Raven

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 10-0-2

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven   Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Chapter one: Gifts from my Cherokee Rose

The Saturday before the biggest match in my IWF career. I lay in the hotel bed, with the pillows over my head and the blankets over that. It just one of those days. Good luck to anyone who tries to get me out of bed today. I groan and just toss and turn. No part of my body is out from the covers. So not getting out of bed today.

Aw look at my warrior hiding under the covers. Strange but adorable all the same, she thinks. Good thing she placed the room service order in advance. All his favorites. He should be smelling the aromas now as she tips the attendant. She slowly push the tray/cart towards the bed. If this doesn't wake him up, nothing will.

I start to smell food, and slowly peek one eye out from the cover, and look at my beautiful fiancee.

"What's that?"

Then I pull the covers back over my head.

A meal fit for a warrior of your caliber. All of your favorites. Tell me what you smell.

She waits as she slowly removes the lids from the food. A smirk growing on her face.

Hmm. I take a whiff. 

"Steak, and shrimp of all varieties. Clams"

I throw the covers off me, and sit up and show her that famous grin, then realize I'm just in my boxers.

"What did you do? What's the occasion? What do you have planned?"

I chuckle warmly.

Mhm.

She smile as she sees phase 1 of her surprise has worked.

Call it a pre-victory celebration. This was what I've been planning the past few days. A way to show you my love and appreciation.

I smile as I rub the sleep from my eyes, and begin eating. 

"I love you too, my Cherokee rose. Though I'm not sure if we should count our chickens before they hatch. I don't know if I can beat Blyss."

I finish eating, and push the plates away, then look at her with one of those "What are you up to?" looks. Then shoot my famous grin.

"And what else have you been up to while I've been training? I'm sorry that we haven't had much time together lately, but we will be together for the rest of our lives."

I pull her onto my lap and passionately kiss her.

She pulls out a box from under the cart and places it in my hands.

Open it. I've been working on this for a while. This is the perfect time to show you what else I've been up to.

She waits smiling to see my reaction to my present.

I open the box and grin big as I pull out my father's head dress, newly re-feathered. I stand and take her in my arms and gently kiss her.

"Thank you darlin. I'll wear it tonight."

She smiles, seeing the joy on my face. But she wasn't done.

Good but there is more, my love. You have to represent the warrior both inside and out. See what else I have for you.

I smile as I take out the Cherokee choker, with an arrow head hanging from it, leather arm, and shin guards hand painted, and a breast plate made of buffalo bone, and a walking staff that can also be used as a club. A tear rolls down my eye.

"Thank you my Cherokee Rose. With this I can not lose."

You're welcome, my Cherokee Warrior. I've been making this for you the past few days. The time for our people to rise is now. You are leading the charge. You are ready to restore pride and honor to the Cherokee Nation.

She smiles as she looks at me beaming with pride. She knows I am ready and she will be by my side.

I shoot that famous grin at her, and run my right hand through my hair.

"So what's next?"

You can show me your appreciation.

She winks at him as she straddles my lap. That familiar twinkle in her emerald green eyes.

I shoot that famous grin at her again.

"Trying to wear me out before my match?"

I chuckle.

"Don't mind if I do."

I kiss her passionately as I turn off the light.

Chapter two: Art of wrestling.

Once again I find myself on Colt Cabana's Art of wrestling podcast. A lot has happened since the last time I was on, and I'm sure he will have some hard hitting questions.

Colt Cabana: Welcome to the art of wrestling. My guest tonight is a man who really needs no introduction, but I'm gonna do it anyway, because fuck you, that's why. He is the number one contender for the IWF Phoenix Championship, the pride of the Cherokee nation, Storming Raven.

“It's good to be here again, Colt.”

Colt: Now Stormy, there has been some big things going on in your life, both in and out of the ring. Between your pretty impressive seven win streak in singles competition in IWF, and the blow you've taken in your personal life between the supposed sex tape with your fiancee and Ace Static, and your blow up with your ex wife Etienne Scarletti on twitter. How can you even focus right now for your match at Homecoming? Are you ready for this big match?

“Well, Colt. As far as the sex tape goes, she was obviously drugged. Anyone who has seen the video can tell it's obvious. It was hard at first, but we got the results and realized she was ruffied. I was suspicious of Ace from the start. He was just a sore loser and had to do something to get back at me for handing him his ass in the trail of tears. He should be focusing on the hell Corey Bull will put him through, but he's too hung up on that loss to me. Mine and Leilani's relationship is perfect. We have been together off and on since we were sixteen years old. When I was living on the streets, she took me in. Our relationship is fully based on trust and understanding. Sure she was a bit jealous at first at the way I joke with women on twitter, but she's over that. Nothing can tear us apart, our souls are connected. I honestly don't know what happened with Tienne. She has lost her damn mind. We were never meant to be anyway, or she would have trusted me.

Am I ready for this match? I was born ready. Management, the boys and girls in the back, and the fans will soon know how big of a threat I am. The pride of the Cherokee nation takes no prisoners.”

Colt: Well it's funny you should say that. Your opponent is Blyss Lockhart. You've never wanted to face a woman. What is your game plan going into this match?

“My game plan is the same as it always is. I go in the ring and leave it all there. My body and soul will not let me do any less. Blyss may be a woman, but she is one of the best in our company right now, even in her short time. Sure I never wanted to fight a woman before, but this isn't about men and women. This is about two equals competing for their piece of the pie. I have a lot riding on this match, so does Blyss. Pride,honor, the respect of our peers, it's all on the line. So you see it's about so much more than just a title.”

Colt: Good. Now you understand what the art of wrestling is all about. Any last words?

“Blyss, I love you like a sister, but someone once said “If you want peace, prepare for war.” Well when that bell rings, you best be prepared for war. Win, lose or draw, we will give the fans something special that they will never forget. See you soon.....”

Colt: Very wise words. That was the pride of the Cherokee nation, and I am Colt Cabana. This has been the art of wrestling podcast. Until next time, remember don't read spoilers, let yourself be entertained. Thank you and good night.
I stand and Shake Colt's hand as I get up and leave.

Chapter three: The clock is ticking.

The clock is winding down til Homecoming. This may be the most important match of my life. I stand with David Lester, ready to tape a promo to play before my match with Blyss tonight. I am wearing my father's head dress, buck skin leggings, a Cherokee choker with an arrow head hanging from it, and hand made breast plate of buffalo bone. Leather hand painted arm bands from my wrists to my elbow, as well as leather hand painted shin guards. All of my armor made by Leilani. Red and white horizontal stripes under each of my eyes. A stoic expression on my face. David Lester looks a bit nervous since the last time he interviewed me, he ended up going through a window back stage. I chuckle, and pat him on the shoulder.

“Do not fear, you are safe.”

He nods and the Camera man signals for us to start. It starts with a tight shot on David Lester.

David Lester: Hello IWF universe, I'm David Lester standing here with a man with a slight chip on his shoulder. The Pride of the Cherokee nation Storming Raven. Storming tonight you face Blyss Lockhart for the Phoenix title in what seems like a controversial decision by Jessica Matthews. This match was originally supposed to be Cassidy Smith versus Blyss Lockhart. Some people are saying you haven't done anything to deserve this shot. What do you have to say to the naysayers?

I shrug and look into the camera.

“I don't deserve it? Tell JC Stylez I don't deserve it, tell Khaos I don't deserve it, tell Erik Reigns I don't deserve it. Oh yea, you can't, because I sent their asses straight out of this company! I've been in this business for eight years. For more than a year, I have been facing all comers in IWF, and this is my first opportunity at a title. Hell I beat Ace Static, and Axle Vengeance, now calling himself Alex Dillinger, in back to back weeks. I think this shot is well deserved.”

David Lester nods.

David Lester: In that time, you have never faced a woman. You always said you would never face a woman on principle. What was it that changed your mind?”

I sigh and take off my head dress holding it under my left arm, and pushing my hair out of my face with my right hand.

“You know, my heart and mind wrestled over this situation all week. A man in every day life, should never hit a woman, but this isn't every day life. This is business. This is a competition. At first I didn't want to go through with it, then I remembered the ways of my people.

Women in the Cherokee society were equal to men. They could earn the title of War Women and sit in councils as equals. This privilege led an Irishman named Adair who traded with the Cherokee from 1736-1743 to accuse the Cherokee of having a "petticoat government". Clan kinship followed the mother's side of the family. The children grew up in the mother's house, and it was the duty of an uncle on the mother's side to teach the boys how to hunt, fish, and perform certain tribal duties. The women owned the houses and their furnishings. Marriages were carefully negotiated, but if a woman decided to divorce her spouse, she simply placed his belongings outside the house. Cherokee women also worked hard. They cared for the children, cooked, tended the house, tanned skins, wove baskets, and cultivated the fields. Men helped with some household chores like sewing, but they spent most of their time hunting.
Nancy Ward, or Nan'yehi (nan yay hee), is the most famous Cherokee Beloved Woman. The role of Beloved Woman, Ghigau (Ghee gah oo), was the highest a Cherokee woman could aspire to. A Ghigau had a voice and vote in General Council, leadership of the Woman's Council, the honor of preparing and serving the ceremonial Black Drink, the duty of ambassador of peace-negotiator, and the right to save the life of a prisoner already condemned to execution. One such prisoner was a settler named Mrs. Bean, who was captured in an attack on illegal white settlements on the Watauga (wah tah oo gah) River. Mrs. Bean taught Nan'yehi such skills as spinning, weaving, and the raising of animals, which Nan'yehi in turn taught the rest of the Cherokee. This provided the Cherokee with some food during the winter months, but gave them more work.
The title Ghigau also translates to "War Woman," and Nan'yehi earned the title by taking up her husband's gun when he was slain in a battle against the Creeks and leading her people to victory. Another War Woman, Cuhtahlatah, won honor during the American Revolutionary period by leading Cherokee warriors to victory after her husband fell. She later joined in a vigorous war dance carrying her tomahawk and gun.
It was important to the Cherokee that their losses be compensated with the same number of prisoners, scalps, or lives. Woman led in the execution of prisoners. It was their right and responsibility as mothers. They celebrated the capture of prisoners with song and dance and joined in torture at the stake.

Now my opponent, Blyss Lockhart. She is a fighter. A female warrior. She has a lot of heart. If I didn't know better I would think she was one of the Cherokee Ghigua women. So this isn't an embarrassing situation for me,win or lose I will feel no shame. Everyone will FINALLY see that I am destined for greatness. It's just another fight. I know when I step in that ring, we are equals. I know she won't hold back, and neither will I. I am sober, I am focused, and I am completely determined to walk away with the title. This is gonna be a war between two top notch athletes in our prime. We will not hesitate to do what we must to win. The phoenix title, such an appropriate name, because much like the mythical phoenix who goes down in flames, and then rises from the ashes, tonight the Cherokee will rise! ”

I tilt my head back and shout a war cry to the heavens.

~End~
Back to top Go down
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven   Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 10:12 pm

”And This Is How I Rise.”

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven Tumblr_luadpfTkct1r65oybo1_500

Oh when the day is blue
I sit here and wonder about you

[ the following is a dream sequence ]

Blyss stands in an empty room, save for a body-length mirror under a small overhead light. She steps toward the mirror cautiously and sees her reflection. The way it mimics her movements irritates her because it seems just a tad slower. The face in the glass sneers back at her, laughing and acknowledging that disturbing fact.

So small... so small are your dreams now. You may think far sometimes but never create the whole picture. Your dreams are like a puzzle with missing pieces. Key pieces. Where can you find them, you ask? No, let’s play a game.

Suddenly Blyss feels like she’s been thrown to the ground but when she adjusts her vision, she realizes she’s teetering on the edge of a building. Below are the busy streets and the sky looks gloomy. She looks around and almost loses her balance. She finally steadies herself and tries to get off safely from the edge but her feet stay rooted to it.

That’s not an option.

What does it mean by that? She hears vehicle drivers honking at each other and a couple living in the apartment directly below her is having a loud screaming and bottle smashing match. She glances over the edge. There? She refuses to do so and stays frozen on the spot.

Wrong answer.

She blacks out for a moment and finds herself standing very unsteadily on a tightrope. Where’s she now? It looks like some sort of carnival and she’s the current attraction. She feels numerous pairs of eyes on her but there isn’t anyone else around. The park is empty and so are the food and game stalls. She grips the balance pole in hand and slowly inches forward but then it slips all the way down to the ground.

There is only one option.

She grits her teeth and takes a cautious step forward. The drop is way too high and she doesn’t want to risk her life. And that’s when the tightrope snaps and she blacks out once again.

Are you wishing for limbo?

She blacks out for the second time and when her vision clears, she sees that she’s hanging upside down and a cuff is placed around one ankle. That’s the only thing that’s keeping her from crashing to her death on the concrete floor below. Why is she constantly appearing in such situations?

Do you want to stay this way forever? Or do you want to escape?

She pulls herself up and tugs at the cuff. There’s a key in the lock. Swiftly, she unlocks the cuff and holds onto the chain. She tries to climb it up but with every inch that she climbs, the chain lowers her an inch thus holding her dangling from the same height as before. She looks at the ground below and imagines the fatal drop that would follow if she lets go. She grips the chain tighter, hanging for dear life. But for how long can she stay this way? Her hands start to slide down the steel and the more she reaches for the chain, the more slippery her hands feel. Without thinking any further, she lets go and drops.

And the free fall makes her fly.

And how the pollen fell
All around your face in strange yellow patterns

Sunday - Homecoming PPV

Reaching the arena well before the call time, Blyss changes into her wrestling gear and does some stretches. A few minutes later, Jaci walks in and they happily greet each other with a hug. Already dressed in her attire, Jaci joins in the warmup session.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Hey Jaci, how have you been?

Jaci Sovereign
(smiles) I’ve been good, Blyss. Thanks. What about you? Did you get a good rest back home?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(grins) I’m fine. I just went home for a bit and then drove here. Did a lot of thinking on the road...

Jaci Sovereign
Oh? What about?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

What you said the other day in Rio, remember? Maybe it really doesn’t have to be this difficult. I have to let things happen because they just do, bad or not. There’s no point sulking about it or denying the obvious. I know what I did was selfish but I chose not to see it that way because I wasn’t prepared for it. Mikey’s an amazing guy but what we have, what we had... It’s just that. Maybe it was a mistake letting him go like that, causing things to get pretty rough between us. I don’t blame him at all though now. But luckily, we’re back to being civil again with each other and that’s good. (gestures toward the door) Hey, wanna go jump some rope?

Blyss takes out her jump rope, the one Jaci bought for her a while ago, from her bag and closes the locker. Jaci does the same and the two exit the room.

Jaci Sovereign
(smiles) Glad to see you kept my gift.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Of course I did. (grins) I keep all my presents. Even this one little random autumn leaf I got from a friend in first grade. (wrinkles her nose) I don’t know why she gave it to me but I still have it.

Jaci laughs. They skip down the hallway, around the corner and down another hallway. They reach the catering area and head for the drinks table. Some of the other roster members are there and they greet one another with a quick hello. Jaci turns back to Blyss who’s glancing around the room as if looking for someone. Jaci hands Blyss a bottle of water.

Jaci Sovereign
So... Can I ask something?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(looks at Jaci) Sure. What’s up?

Jaci Sovereign
What made you finally realize that having both a relationship and being great at what you do is doable? Did you get the chance to talk to Michael? Like face-to-face talk to him?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

No, I haven’t.

Jaci Sovereign
Why not?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I figured that I can see him later. In fact, I am.

Jaci Sovereign
So... Have you talked about it to him at least?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(raises an eyebrow) Well, we haven’t actually set a date and place to it but I can always call him tomorrow.

Jaci Sovereign
(slightly amused and confused) What? No, Blyssy. I mean, have you talked to him about getting back together?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(surprised) Back together? (laughs) No, no, Jaci. We’ve only talked about meeting up just to talk things out. I mean, yeah I’m no longer against the idea of “yes career, no boyfriend” but that’s it.

Jaci Sovereign
Ookay... You sure? Maybe meeting up with him will change your mind.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(chuckles) I’ve had about a week of thinking and I’m very sure that’s not what I want right now. Like I said, I’m just gonna let things happen and see how it goes.

Blyss shrugs and looks around the room again. Jaci follows her gaze then turns back to her with a slightly quizzical look on her face. She senses that Blyss is still putting her career before anything else.

Jaci Sovereign
(hesitantly) Hmm. Well I guess if you’ve got your heart set on it... I hope the talk would give you both a positive closure. Good luck!

Jaci draws her into a hug.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Thanks, Jaci. I hope so too. It hasn’t been easy and though things are still as complicated, if not a little more, I’m not gonna let it affect me too much. I’ve set a goal in this business and I plan to work hard everyday toward it, no less. That’s it.

Blyss grabs an apple from the table and takes a bite of it. Jaci drinks a bit of her water.

Jaci Sovereign
So you’re definitely focused for tonight then. I gotta say, smart move in opening up the challenge for your title to the men’s division. And your match last week against Parker definitely showed what kind of champion you can be.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Yeah I hope so. Facing Parker honestly wasn’t easy and it definitely gave me some confidence going into Homecoming now after losing the week before. If I hadn’t beaten him, I don’t even wanna think about what mood I’d be in today. I’d probably make an enemy out of Raven just because. (chuckles) But that wouldn’t be fair.

Blyss takes another bite of the apple and shrugs. Jaci frowns.

Jaci Sovereign
Well no, that really wouldn’t be.

Blyss notices Jaci frowning and arches an eyebrow.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

What?

Jaci Sovereign
I’m not gonna lie, Blyss. Sometimes you have the tendency to... freak out. You know, like when you get a bit too defensive and you just retaliate. Hard.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(gasps) What the hell?! I do not!

Jaci backs a bit, glancing down at Blyss’ hand curling into a fist by her side. Blyss relaxes once more, grimacing.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Dammit. Sorry, Jaci. (sighs in frustration) I keep doing that! Fuck. You’re right.

Blyss throws the half-eaten apple into a trash can. Jaci’s face softens.

Jaci Sovereign
Blyss, it’s okay. I’m sorry I brought it up. I was just looking out for you. Listen, I know this whole Mike thing has gotten you slightly rattled but right now you have to focus on your title match tonight. Okay? Don’t think about anything else.

Smiling, Jaci places a comforting hand on her shoulder and squeezes it gently. Blyss nods in agreement.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Yeah okay. I will. (smiles) Good luck with your title match too. I hear Parker’s looking to actually put aside whatever he thinks about his partner Steel and work like a proper team to reclaim the tag championship gold. But I have complete faith that you can handle them both no matter what so kick Aries’ butt for me too.

Blyss looks at her with such seriousness that Jaci can’t help but giggle. Blyss rolls her eyes slightly.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I’m not kidding. That idiot made me fall off the turnbuckle. I’m never letting that one go.

Blyss scoffs and smiles sheepishly a bit. Jaci grins.

Jaci Sovereign
Alright, Blyss. I’ll see you later. Whether I like it or not, Aries and I are a team and I need to go make sure he’s here. Bye!

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

See ya, Jace.

As Jaci leaves, Blyss looks around the catering area once more. Her eyes scan the place and her heart starts to beat faster. She runs a hand through her hair nervously, biting her lower lip.

You’re going off course again. This is not how a true champion should be.

Shaking her head slightly, she decides to continue jumping some rope. That will help to distract her from this feeling. She heads toward the hallway and starts skipping.

Good girl...

But I wasn't prepared for this
I wasn't prepared for this

Sunday (the following scene would make sense after reading Gordon Fury’s RP)

Blyss has been skipping in the hallway for bit, now heading for the women’s locker room to rest before the show officially starts. As she turns a corner, she sees the one person she’s been part hoping to see and part wanting to avoid walking toward her.

Gordon Fury
Blyss!

Run.

Her eyes widen. Instinctively she stops skipping and spins on her heels, almost sprinting off in the opposite direction.

Gordon Fury
Oh come Blyss, you know we need to do this!

Blyss stops and winces at what he just said. Every fibre of her being is screaming at her to run but she stays rooted to the ground. She slowly turns to face him, her heart starting to race. Gordon looks to take a step forward but hesitates. They stare at each other for a long moment as if daring the other to say something first.

Gordon Fury
The other day, at the gym, when you--

Blyss dashes over to clamp her hand over his mouth before he can continue. Her wide eyes seem to be begging him not to say anything more, a hint of fear in them.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

No, Gordon. Don’t.

He frowns and proceeds to remove her hand from his lips but she places her other hand on top of his, stopping him.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

No, Gordon. Please. We both have big matches tonight and I can’t do this right now. Neither can you. You need to focus on winning back your High Impact title. I’m so sorry you lost it in the first place and hanging out with Tim was never meant to be in any way an insult to you. I’m sorry that I hurt you and made you think that I didn’t care. Of course I cared and I still do. You helped me win the very title I’m hoping to defend later. And even with all this crap, you still offer to keep with my Muay Thai training. But I can’t-- we can’t do this right now, okay?

She blinks back tears that threaten to spill. He lowers her hands and nods.

Gordon Fury
Okay. We won’t do this now.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Thank you.

She smiles, wiping her eyes. He clears his throat as he shifts his body weight from one foot to the other.

Gordon Fury
So... uh... Good luck out there tonight. You’re facing Storming Raven, right? He’s no pushover but I know you’ll try your best to knock him down.

He pauses then slowly smirks.

Gordon Fury
I think I can still feel that BKO hit to my face. You know, I can go tell him what that’s like so he can try to avoid it.

She playfully punches him on the arm.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Are you telling me that you’re on his side now?

He shakes his head slightly, an amused look on his face that slowly turns to be more serious.

Gordon Fury
No, Blyss. I’m always on your side. You’re gonna win because well, you’re a good champion. I think last week truly showed that. You know what you have to do. It will be an amazing match, but I already know the outcome.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Thanks and you too, Gordon. I mean, no offense to Tim but this could be your night to redeem yourself and recapture your title. You have two added advantages after all.

Gordon Fury
(frowns) Two?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(nods) One, you have legos in your match that you can use to make some sort of weapon to beat the crap out of the others.

Gordon Fury
(scoffs) Yeah one hit and it all crumbles. I guess we’re all deprived of childhood, huh? So what, first I’ll just sit in one corner and build as many ”weapons” as I can while the other two are busy fighting each other? I guess that works... Or I’ll just dump all the legos outside the ring, force Flex and Tim into the goddamn lego box and win. Ha! Wait... There’s a ‘two’, right?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(smiles) Two, it’s birthday luck.

She kisses him on the cheek.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Happy birthday, Gordo.

She turns and walks away while he stands there, contemplating whether to call her back or leave her be. He decides on the latter for now.

And that's when I spoke the words
To have them trace your face for me in pollen

Sunday

The scene opens to Blyss standing in her wrestling attire with a tiny smile on her face.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Hey Raven, I’m actually a little surprised after hearing what you’ve got to say about me because I thought you know me better than that. For one thing, I didn’t just start in this business a few months ago. You must have me confused with Molly Reid. (rolls her eyes slightly) But I guess wrestling in the indies doesn’t count? I’ve done that for 6 years. No? Not counted? Hey, men and their egos, right? Raven, for a nice guy like yourself, you can be quite arrogant. I’m a little offended that you would dismiss the fact that I have more than a few months of experience in that squared circle. What? Just because the Phoenix championship is the only thing I’ve ever gotten to show my hard work in this industry? ...Maybe. It’s not wrong to think that because something physical like a title belt is what people would notice and use to acknowledge an accomplished wrestler. If not, it seems like it doesn’t matter how much the wrestler’s actually sacrificed all this time. It’s harder to gauge that way whereas a title immediately shows it. It’s the ultimate prize for the blood, sweat and tears and that’s what you want right now, isn’t it, Raven? That’s what your mind is set on for tonight, right? Because of this fixation on my prize, you’ve subconsciously been undermining me by pulling me down with you with your twisted imagery of me. Like the length of time I’ve been wrestling, my fictional opinion of your kindness as weakness and my absent desire to give you everything I’ve got against you tonight. Have I ever said that I’m gonna take it down a notch for any of my past matches? I’ve fought against Jaci once and though we weren’t not as close as now, I still considered her as a friend then and I didn’t say that I would take it easy on her either. You defensively claimed that I know nothing about you or what you’ve gone through. Well, clearly you don’t know anything about me too because you’re making these things up.

Feeling more frustrated now, she crosses her arms.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I’m pretty sure that you’re a hell lot smarter and ethical than this. How could you go and spread such lies about me in your promo video? That’s disrespectful, Raven and I can’t believe I’m hearing this from you. (sighs) Don’t get me wrong. You do deserve this title opportunity, my friend. And I’m sure I’ve said this before. But how you’re handling it is just disappointing. I feel like everything that I’ve said to make you see the positive side of you ”going against your morals” has been thrown back in my face. We both want to walk out the winner. We both want to be champion. And we both want to prove to not just the management or the rest of the roster but also the world that will be watching our match. You’re not the only one wanting to prove something here. What about me? Since Ascension, I’ve only come close to winning the tag team titles, lost in a random tag match and then finally won a singles match. That’s the small momentum I have right now. But thankfully, my personal life isn’t all rainbows and butterflies lately so I can add that to it and hopefully it will be enough to beat you.

She uncrosses her arms, still keeping her eyes fixed on the camera. Her gaze starts to soften.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

You know, I get it. You’re mad right now. If I were in your position, I’d be majorly pissed too. But this anger has already begun to confuse you and I hate seeing that happen to a friend. So you’re desperate to do just about anything not to fuck this up because you’re afraid of what might happen after Homecoming. Will you get another chance like this? Maybe for a different championship? Or will you be cast back into the shadows as you claimed that you were. Raven, without a single doubt, I know you’d do anything to come out the winner. You’d walk through hell, was it you say? Well, I suggest that you look past this ”rookie” image of me and watch my past matches in the IWF on tape. Aren’t I one to take risks too? Hell, don’t need to look any further than last week. I hit the Blyzzard from halfway across the ring for the win over Parker. Don’t underestimate me, my friend. You talk about surprises, well, here’s one for ya. Do you really know what else I could and would do out there? I’d say cliche things like “Oh you’ve seen nothing yet!” but I think you’ve got that one covered because I don’t have that much experience in this business so what does a newbie like me know anyways, right?

She chuckles a bit.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Now, no more “Are you ready?” or “What have you got to prove?”. (shakes head) No. This is me telling you what I have planned for our little rendezvous in the ring.

She lifts her left knee and taps on it twice before lowering it down.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

That right there is just for you, my friend. To your face it goes and to the mat you go. Why the left knee? As a right-hander, it would be much easier to do the BKO with my right knee but I’ve decided to use my left tonight. You’re probably thinking that it’s no big deal. Maybe it even sounds kind of silly. However, it is a big deal to me because I’ve been practicing really hard outside my comfort zone. I’m trying different ways of performing what I’ve been doing in the ring. You can say that I’m rising to the challenge tonight because that is what you are, Raven. Like every other opponent I face, you’re my challenge. You’re yet another big guy that I’ll be facing in a match and with my Phoenix championship title on the line, I’ve been highly motivated to level up in my preparation as well as my performance in the ring. You can also say that perhaps you’re the inspiration for my efforts tonight. Well, partly yeah. Because between friends, there’s also the spirit of competition. Everyday we do whatever it is that we do to be better than the person we were yesterday. Everyone wants to be the person they hope to be. And with that I welcome you to show me that Raven you have in mind. And this Blyss right here... (taps the side of her head) will meet you in the ring. (clasps hands to her chest) I want my Phoenix title to stay with me after tonight but truth be told, I think we’d both walk out the winners no matter what happens. Now let’s put on the best damn show they’ll ever witness, my friend.

The camera cuts to black.

When the day is blue
I sit here and wonder about you

-------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Inspired by Eisley's "I Wasn't Prepared"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven   Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Storming Raven
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: IWF LIVE :: Pay-Per-View Roleplays-
Jump to: