Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Show Feedback

Go down 
+5
Werner Wehrmact
Flex Johnson
Corey Bull
Blyss
P
9 posters
AuthorMessage
P
Admin

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:15 am

Yo, we bust ass posting the show in an entertaining fashion, just as you do writing RPs for us all to read. Soooo... since we know you read it, at least make some kind of comment. This is also your chance to tell us how bad we fucked up your characters so that we can do better moving forward. Don't get silently pissed about how we do things, and then not tell us in some kind of feedback so that we don't know something is wrong.

Leave us something... even if just acknowledging the fact that you read it.
Back to top Go down
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1
Alignment: In Between

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:49 am

This post is to acknowledge the fact that, yes, I have read the show... Razz

And to tell you guys that you did another great job writing it and that you didn't fuck up my character. In fact, I love the way you wrote my match. Maybe it's unintentional but it plays off well with her current state of mind from the shoot in my RP.

YAY! Huggles for all.
Back to top Go down
Corey Bull

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:58 am

Read the show....thought Parker should have Parked and started a new craze!!!

Seriously though, good stuff as always. Keep it up people

#Believeinthemanagement
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:24 am

Silly Parker, feedback is like love; it cannot be forced or demanded, it must come naturally!

With that being said, good show this week. Not too many complaints on my end...

...with one exception!

Now, Brandon asked SR and myself to come up with a segment, which we wrote/coded/submitted the night he asked us. And on the show, no segment.

Why you no want a black man to be great Brandon!?

NGA WHUT

But, like I said before, good show...

Oh, and shout out to Steel for stepping in last night after the whole Eric thing.
Back to top Go down
Werner Wehrmact

Werner Wehrmact

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment: Face

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Loved the show!

Just a quick note on Werner though. He is supposed to be a Face, the interview was a bit too Heel-ish. Can't complain too much about the personality though since I have yet to RP as him. Easily forgivable. Razz

Like the debut though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sean Libby

Sean Libby

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 3-4-0

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 2:55 pm

I loved the show, very much. My moments on the show we're just like I hoped. Even the double elimination, cause I knew I wasn't going far in the match but this match gave me a very high moment.

The best part is that even though I'm face, I act like a heel, despite that being, I am pushing Libbeh to be like that. Cause he has a legitimate reason to be angry. So I have every right to be like I am and I appreciate the responses to it. So even acting heel while still being face is perfect for me.

And one more thing the Main Event was awesome. Thank you IWF for giving me a chance to get a world title shot. I hope this won't be my last but, I will do whatever it takes to get it another one.
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 5:11 pm

So...i was going to post something like this when the show was done but Parker Parker'd and beat me to it. Which means that I don't get to post it first...however, i want all of ya'll to leave feedback still! This show as cursed from the start:

-Monday I had a friend die
-OOC, i am swamped with the half quarter being over with progress reports looming and like, a shit load of grading in front of me
-Steel's computer died...then came back to life...much much later...
-Parker had some OOC shit in his life go down as well
-Everyone knows that Eric Steel is dead and gone...i take 100% credit for that

so yeah...the accursed show is up...leave feedback Razz
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Yo people.

Yeah, I already left some feedback. But, I have a little something to say. This is in reference the Brad/Parker Thread. I'm addressing it here because in the thread it said "Post complaints in the show feedback where the admins have asked for the aforementioned complaints."

Ugh, where to start?

Management:
First...I don't know how Brad feels, but I found Parker's comments VERY rude. Brad hasn't been a bother or caused trouble, so there was no reason to address him like that.

That leads me to another point (something that I've noticed alot during my time)--whenever there is an issue/problem, the Admins usually seem to handle it in a standoffish way. Why do you think post threads to address their concerns? Well, because we see what happens ppl address them in other ways--they get accosted publicly.

Yes CC/Parker/Brandon you guys are in charge--but we are all pretty much adults. EVERYONE should be treated with respect.

Results/SL/Feedback:
Parker, perhaps Brad didn't feel comfortable post in this thread because a great deal of his concerns were not related in any way to the posting/results of this particular show--they were general concerns.

Next, show results are NOT feedback. A lose doesn't equal a bad rp; and a winning rp doesn't mean it was the best ever. When people post feedback threads, they want to know specifics about how they can improve; that's how you become a better writer.

And, it's really a shame that people don't like to give others feedback.

Lastly, let's talk about results. Maybe the wrestlers should leave show feedback. However, look at it this way. The last results thread was read 122 (at the time of this post), and I don't think you all have received very many complaints. This says two things to: people are obviously reading, and since there are no complaints, people are probably enjoying the show.

But, this goes to the point of above, people don't even like to leave others feedback--so do you really think show feedback is going to be popping?

Conclusion:
Those are my thoughts. Maybe it will ruffle some feathers. But, you asked for thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Storming Raven

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 10-0-2

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Flex Johnson wrote:
Silly Parker, feedback is like love; it cannot be forced or demanded, it must come naturally!

With that being said, good show this week. Not too many complaints on my end...

...with one exception!

Now, Brandon asked SR and myself to come up with a segment, which we wrote/coded/submitted the night he asked us. And on the show, no segment.

Why you no want a black man to be great Brandon!?

NGA WHUT

But, like I said before, good show...

Oh, and shout out to Steel for stepping in last night after the whole Eric thing.

Okay, good you noticed it too, and I didn't just kind of look over it in my reading, but like always great show
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Flex Johnson wrote:

Management:
First...I don't know how Brad feels, but I found Parker's comments VERY rude. Brad hasn't been a bother or caused trouble, so there was no reason to address him like that.

That leads me to another point (something that I've noticed alot during my time)--whenever there is an issue/problem, the Admins usually seem to handle it in a standoffish way. Why do you think post threads to address their concerns? Well, because we see what happens ppl address them in other ways--they get accosted publicly.

Yes CC/Parker/Brandon you guys are in charge--but we are all pretty much adults. EVERYONE should be treated with respect.

Two of his three concerns could have been addressed in this thread. A thread that I asked everyone to post in if they had concerns. He had a problem with being asked to at least post here, basically signing off on the show. He had a problem with commentary during one of the matches. Those are both problems that go here, and they clearly did not need their own thread on the subject. Read the top post here.

"Don't get silently pissed about how we do things, and then not tell us in some kind of feedback so that we don't know something is wrong."

"so that we can do better moving forward"

The first thing he mentions in that thread, and therefore coming off as the most important in his post, was something about the show. He didn't even post in here. I am not even sure if he opened this thread. You know what is nauseating? Someone complaining about not getting feedback, and not bothering to look at this thread. Or someone not looking at this thread, and then complaining about something about the show in another place. Did I post this thread here for the fuck of it? Or was there some kind of purpose in trying to do this? Am I a bit salty about the whole thing? Yea, because it makes me feel like trying to address everyone's concerns by listening to your feedback, is a waste of time. People would instead rather ignore these type of threads, wait until they get mad, and then post a rant about things being wrong. How many times have all of us seen it happen? I have at least a few times here.

Flex Johnson wrote:
Results/SL/Feedback:
Parker, perhaps Brad didn't feel comfortable post in this thread because a great deal of his concerns were not related in any way to the posting/results of this particular show--they were general concerns.

Next, show results are NOT feedback. A lose doesn't equal a bad rp; and a winning rp doesn't mean it was the best ever. When people post feedback threads, they want to know specifics about how they can improve; that's how you become a better writer.

And, it's really a shame that people don't like to give others feedback.

And no, I wasn't trying to get at the point that the results are constructive feedback by any means. However, at least when the results come out, you guys know that people read your work, and you know what people thought, as compared to someone else's attempt. The results at least give people a picture of if they are moving in the right direction, unless there was so kind of no show situation. As for the show, we never know anything before someone explodes about it and posts a rant. We can't fix it if we don't know something is wrong. The thing I am irritated about is that I went out of my way to try and give people a stage for their complaints, and not only was it ignored by the person with a complaint, but that person is now complaining about not getting feedback without even looking at this thread.

Flex Johnson wrote:
Lastly, let's talk about results. Maybe the wrestlers should leave show feedback. However, look at it this way. The last results thread was read 122 (at the time of this post), and I don't think you all have received very many complaints. This says two things to: people are obviously reading, and since there are no complaints, people are probably enjoying the show.

But, this goes to the point of above, people don't even like to leave others feedback--so do you really think show feedback is going to be popping?.

Most weeks, each of the RPs gets somewhere between 50-100 views, and sometimes we don't even get five votes. My point is, views do not equal actually reading something. Also, you have to consider people that skip to their own match, and then stop paying attention to the rest of the show, and then they complain about storylines. We try to build stuff up on the show, and I know that CC and BMac try and get something going for people with the segments, even if people don't realize they are in a segment that week.

We use people in segments, not knowing if anyone is really reading them, and then we find out weeks and months from now that maybe we haven't been getting someone right. That is what I was trying to avoid, and now I am wondering if it is a waste of my time.

This wasn't supposed to be a thread where people come on and write books about the show if they didn't want to. The thing is, RPs normally are specific to your character. For the show, we juggle at least a handful at a time. People are going to write their own characters how they want them to be, and are looking for input on how to improve. Yea, we are kind of looking at that, but I feel like the more important thing I was looking for in this thread was that we didn't mess anything, or any character, up.

Apparently we did. And that is fine.

I am irked about everything else. I'm in no way being standoffish about the fact that we did something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Parker my man, I respect you dog. I've been a Admin before; I know the struggles and pressures.

I consider you a classy dude. But, your response/reaction to this situtation; not so classy holmes. I think you can agree with that.
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:39 pm

Oh, god yea.

I am wayyy salty about this whole thing. Although, I think I am much more rational now than I was earlier.

I guess I took the whole thing personal, for the reasons I already mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Brad Franklin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 1-2-0
Alignment: Heel

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Ok let me just say i'm sorry, I didn't mean to step on anyone toes. As to why i posted my original rant where I did. Honestly I didn't know where else to post it. I didn't see it as feedback so I didn't think to post it there, so the only other place i could think to post it at was in the discussions board. I don't want this to skew anyone's idea of me. Maybe this was just me having a bad week and it all kinda came together. yesterday. So If i hurt anyones feeling i'm truly sorry that was not my intent. I want to thank Flex for having my back, means a lot to me dude and I hope that you could say the same for me. Parker I think I owe you the biggest apology and maybe I could have handled the situation differently for that I am truly sorry
Back to top Go down

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:48 pm

When I was admin, I always made sure to ask people if I was doing something wrong so that I dont end up pissing someone off. Most of the time I got it right and I think only once or twice I had someone complain about the way I wrote the character or the match per say but regardless I handled the situation with out most care to not be illrational even though in my mind I wanted to strangle the person because of the fact that he or she was making a mountain out of a molehill and making me feel like an asshole. Most of the time I wanted to bitch slap the person and say "chill the fuck out dude, you're not the one who is crunching hours of his free time that he could be investing on much more productive things and instead tries to get the show up and running just so you have something to read and look forward to. I like to see you do any better and if you cant then shut the fuck up!"

Fact is we make mistakes, we're not perfect but at the same misunderstandings can and will happen it's human nature after all.

So take this with a grain of salt and just move on, learn from it and hope to god it dosent occur again.

There is my two cents, take it for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Brad Franklin wrote:
Parker I think I owe you the biggest apology and maybe I could have handled the situation differently for that I am truly sorry

Nah man, at the end of the day you were just trying to voice your concerns. I let some non-IWF fed bullshit get to me and just kind of blew off the frustration here. I did what admins shouldnt do, which is make something personal when it wasnt. The important thing is that you got your concerns out there, and it shouldnt matter where you did it, as long as you let us know and are willing to let us work on it.

You aint gotta apologize for that. Parker was in the wrong blowing up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Show Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show Feedback   Show Feedback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Show Feedback
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Out of Character :: Feedback-
Jump to: