I don't like to be this guy..but?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brad Franklin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 1-2-0
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: I don't like to be this guy..but?   Fri May 10, 2013 10:46 am

Ok so i know i've ranted once already and I'm usually not this person and i'm sorry if this comes off as being bitchy but there have been a few new things that have really kinda got me a little I dont know if upset is the right word but..well let me just lay it out for you. I was reading the quotes that are done for each of the matches, and under mine and Jacks was this was the match for a piss break, now i know it was meant to be a joke and i'm not too upset about that, but on the other hand I think most people here do put some time,effort and thought into our rps whether crapy or works of art and being told that you can essentialy skip past this match could make one think whats the point, I don't think that was Jason point when he wrote that down i think he was just trying to be funny, still I hope you see how that could be taken the wrong way.

My second point is on feedback, I don't mind giving feedback, but i dont want to be presured into giving it. Sometime I feel like were told to give feedback for the show's or else, my issue is this, I've asked for feed back for Brads rps at least 3 times so far the only one who has given me feed back is Flex for which i'm greatfull.

next is working with people on storyline ideas. I put something down on this very board about wanting to colaberate and got no response, I posted in the backstage area, again nothing, I responded to a post by Caid in the backstage area..again...nothing! Yet people who are more "popular" seem no problem getting tons of reply back, it can make me think that maybe nobody cares if i'm here or not, I hope thats not the case and I don't think it is but as i said before i hope you can see how one could feel like that.

This isn't an I'm quitting letter and i have no plans on that, this is just me letting out my frustrations to my IWF family and I hope you take it as that, love ya guys.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I don't like to be this guy..but?   Fri May 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Ight, I can break this down really easy, and if I come across as being a dick... well I'm Parker, dont take what I say to heart. I am the fun guy, remember?

So this entire post, is essentially show feedback. THIS IS WHAT I WANTED IN THAT THREAD.

IWF used to have a system, back when I joined, and I am not really sure if it existed long before I came here, but the admins would chat ban everyone until they posted show feedback. RP feedback? The ultimate source of RP feedback is people voting, and how you are depicted in results. Obviously we are giving some kind of feedback with the RESULTS. I don't know if others that write actually pay attention to RPs, but I normally try to incorporate some of the shoot stuff into writing my matches/segments for the show.

Posting a thread asking for feedback on a RP is all well and good, but even if people don't post, if you win the match clearly you understand that you did something right. If you lose, maybe you need a little more feedback on what to do better next time, but it doesn't change the fact that the results are, in some form, a type of feedback. Your feedback thread, which I just looked at, has at least one post where you have asked for feedback and Flex (I think) gave it to you. Want to see mine after a month long losing streak? ( http://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/t4153-feedback-for-parker ) I can save you the trouble of clicking the link, there isn't a damn post in there other than the one where I started the thread. I even posted the link to it in the chatbox a few times. No takers. I understand your frustration with the whole feedback thing to an extent, but like I said, at least you have the results and you can ALWAYS PM Parker and ask for his individual feedback. I usually take notes on RPs as I read them so that I know what to put into the matches if I end up writing them. I would send that to you IF YOU ASKED. It isn't going to be something like I go out of my way to send everyone my notes every show... I could spend that time actually writing, and I am sure that there are a ton of people who don't give two fucks about my feedback on a weekly basis.

The show on the other hand, which CC, BMac and I (and the rest of the writers like Steel and Alexle that come through in a pinch) bust our ass to put the show up, and we don't even know if anyone reads it. It is like constant bitching about the show or results, or "when is it going to be up" from Monday night, to the minute the show is finished, and we literally don't get any feedback on it at all.

Then you get people that we write wrong, or they have problems with how we do things, and then they post a real long rant in a thread about how we could have done better with the show.

That is what I was trying to avoid.

I was trying to make people generally happier about the show. Sorry to PRESSURE you into leaving feedback, but you could have literally copied and pasted this thread into the feedback thread, and it would have been EXACTLY the kind of thing that we are asking and want to hear in that thread.

I was giving you, and the rest of the roster for that matter, a platform to voice these kind of concerns without having to create individual threads that singled out people that were complaining. Kind of a way to make it easier to step forward with problems. Instead of using the system I tried to PRESSURE everyone into be so nicely asking everyone to at least post that they just READ the show (I mean fuck, how hard is it to post in the thread "I read it" if you had no other comments it isn't really even fucking feedback).

Now, you can take all this, or rather the tone of it, as me being a dick to you. I kind of feel a little irked that you posted this here, instead of doing this in the feedback thread where it was supposed to go. Yea, I ranted at you a little bit. Yea, you are kind of getting made an example of. So if you are a little frustrated, at least we are on the same page.

On the other hand, I almost locked this, and posted a link to the feedback thread as my whole post with a condescending note about not leaving your show feedback in the right place. I wasn't even going to address your concerns, just point you in the right direction and leave it at that.

For those of you TL;DR guys:

-Dont make complaint threads
-Post complaints in the show feedback where the admins have asked for the aforementioned complaints.
-I love you all, equally. Except Steel Angel, he is a cock and I have always hated him the most.

"I will fly to America and molest your grandchildren."
-@GordonFury

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flex Johnson

PostSubject: Re: I don't like to be this guy..but?   Fri May 10, 2013 5:40 pm

I've responded to this thing in the show thread.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: I don't like to be this guy..but?   Fri May 10, 2013 6:03 pm

People get too sensitive sometimes. Was it cool for Hawk to say your match was the piss break match? Nope. But when someone talks shit like that then fire back. Like what his little full throttle title run here makes him an IWF authority? Fuck no lol. So don't take critism from someone that sucks. Joking with people is fun sure I do it all the time. However allowing someone that neither helps, contributes nor RPs here to take the piss out of current members is an asinine move by the admins. Stand up for your roster.

Like I said I understand the piss break thing that's pretty messed up. If someone said that about me I'd talk shit back and if the admins didn't have my back I'd probably leave the fed.

With all that said talk shit to the person back don't be over sensitive. As for feedback it's hard to give feedback I think because here again people worry about hurting feelings. I'm more than willing to give feedback when asked. Sometimes it takes me a while to do it (having a life and all) but I usually make good on my promises. Hell I still owe Flex feedback.

AD's Theme-Diamond/Against Them All by Stick To Your Guns
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: I don't like to be this guy..but?   Fri May 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Here's where I stand on this. I've been part of the fed since the beginning and running it for almost all of it, so I'll just put out my two cents

As far as feedback goes, I never give individual feedback on RPs. I don't like to because I feel I would be too negative. Not to mention as an admin, I don't like praising others and bringing down other, even if unintentional. If someone sees me point out a lot of negatives in their RPs, and then praise another, and then people see that as favoritism. I know everyone will say "oh no, I would understand". People always say that, but someone always takes it personally, and as an admin, I don't want that. Like Parker said, if you're really desperate for feedback from me, PM me and I will probably do it.

As for show feedback, I understand you feeling forced to do it, but like Parker said, it's really just for us to see that you read the show. And honestly, that's always for your own benefit, reading the show. I don't know how many times I've seen people who had no idea something important happened on the show, because they only read stuff that their character was involved in. I just think everyone should read the whole show, for their own benefit.

Not to mention I can't stress this enough. I can't tell you how many times I've heard of people having some kind of issues with how we wrote something, or how something went down on the show. Guys, contrary to what you might believe, we don't take anything personally. All we want is for everyone to enjoy the show and think it's awesome. If you have an issue with how your character was written, tell us! We write the characters how we see them from your RPs and roster. But if we do something wrong (which we often do), just tell us. That's the whole point of feedback. Same thing, if you dont enjoy certain things about matches, tell us.

Dont take what Jason said to heart. None of us told him to put up the match threads, and I'm upset that he did. He will not be doing this again, you can have my word on that.

And finally, as for storyline ideas, we can't really do anything about that. I mean, we make storylines ourselves, and put people in them and stuff. Which is what we do for everyone. But as for you asking people to work with you or backstage stuff, that's really nothing that we as admin cans do. I can't force anyone to work with you. I dont really have any advice for that because I dont really know what else to do. Just keep it up and eventually someone will join in. It always happens.

IWF Record: 24 Wins 7 Losses 2 Draws
Overall Pro Wrestling Record: 42 Wins 8 Losses 2 Draws

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JHawk

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: Best Full Throttle Champion EVER!!!!!
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: I don't like to be this guy..but?   Sat May 11, 2013 7:23 am

I just want to apologize. It was just a joke and I didn't think that anyone would care.

I soz Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexander Remington

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 00-00-00
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: I don't like to be this guy..but?   Sat May 11, 2013 12:43 pm

I didn't care JHawk. I still <3 you.

#ASSBUSTER

Career Record
49/07/01

IWF Achievements
1x IWF champion [12/23/12 - 2/24/13]
2012-2013 IWF Wrestler of the Year

Defeated:
Alexander Raven (x2)
Baron Tomson
Parker Wayde (x3)
David Bable
Silas Romero
Eric Steel
Jack Savage

[02:13:50] Alexander Remington : i know approx. 25ish years ago, her family did the worst thing ever
[02:13:59] Alexander Remington : had sex and decided against an abortion

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't like to be this guy..but?   

Back to top Go down

I don't like to be this guy..but?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Out of Character :: Discussions-
Jump to: