Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Future Idea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Future Idea Empty
PostSubject: Future Idea   Future Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:40 am

So, while I was chilling on Twitter, I noticed that a lot of feds are holding these big, open tournament style events.

For example:
King of the Cage
Super J Cup
Elite Duos

I know a few of us have signed up for the Kotc.

But, I had a thought--instead of going out to others, why don't we host one of our own ya know? It would be a good way to get people to the IWF forums and to showcase everyone's skills.

I don't know, just a thought I had ya know.
Back to top Go down
Jack Savage

Jack Savage

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment: Heel

Future Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Idea   Future Idea I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 am

I love that thought Flex but what to call it
Back to top Go down
Roland Drax

Roland Drax

Wrestler Stats
Alignment:

Future Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Idea   Future Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:42 pm

Maybe a King Of Trios type of event? Feds break off into teams of 3 members.
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

Future Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Idea   Future Idea I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:59 pm

Yeah, like they do in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Nikita Luck

Future Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Idea   Future Idea I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 11:09 am

One thing that seems to work well is an incentive for external participation. An IWF title shot or something to the winner.
Back to top Go down

Future Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Idea   Future Idea I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 12:47 pm

I highly doubt outsiders from other feds are gonna waste time rping here for some title shot that they could otherwise receive from their own feds. If we're gonna draw them in, we'll need to offer something more real, for example the KOC tourney is offering money for the winner so if we're going to make this work we'll need to offer more than just a mere title shot.
Back to top Go down
Nikita Luck

Future Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Idea   Future Idea I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 2:51 pm

As far as I was aware this tournament/event idea was to raise awareness of IWF and entice people in as part of a continuous recruitment strategy, which goes beyond the initial hit.

Soon as you introduce external rewards such as money or a real replica Championship belt to the winner, it opens up a whole bunch of issues. Suddenly this internet roleplaying game takes a real slant and that is hard to control. Your decisions as far as judging and even bracketing will be under heavy scrutiny (assuming that money is offered only to the winner) and bad feeling is easily created, which then taints the fed for the future. If your Wrestler X makes it to the final against Wrestler Y and you lose, which you consider to be unfair, what's the impact? Somebody else is enjoying your $150 or whatever the prize is, you don't join up as a permanent member and the fed receives bad publicity because their judging is suspect as you'll have plastered it all over social media and recruitment sites such as roughkut.

I would air on the side of caution when considering external rewards because once that's out there and more to the point the effects of it are out there, it's extremely difficult to claw back.

As far as it being seen as a waste of time, that goes back to what I was saying about it being part of a long-term recruitment strategy. If we can demonstrate a progression route following the event, that will be seen as appealing, not just a "thanks for the cash, see you next year". ideally, you want the winner to join up and become the case study for recruitment. One of the reasons roleplayers don't join new feds is the worry that they'll tread water in nothing angles for weeks or months before integrating properly into the fed. Demonstrating progression removes that barrier. Personally, I don't think in-character in-fed rewards should be dismissed so readily as they carry a lot less future difficulties than your external stuff.
Back to top Go down
Jack Savage

Jack Savage

Wrestler Stats
Alignment: Heel

Future Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Idea   Future Idea I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:49 pm

I am liking all the thoughts and idea's that i am hearing on this topic...

The three man team i think sounds good or a king of the ring type of event
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Future Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Idea   Future Idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future Idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Out of Character :: Discussions-
Jump to: