Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Sheyanne Successful

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Sheyanne Successful Empty
PostSubject: Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Sheyanne Successful   Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Sheyanne Successful I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 am

After both Griffin Hawkins and Sheyanne Successful failed to win in their respective championship matches we see who will look to bounce back first!
Back to top Go down
Griffin Hawkins

Griffin Hawkins

Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Sheyanne Successful Empty
PostSubject: Re: Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Sheyanne Successful   Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Sheyanne Successful I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:34 am

[Off Camera]

July 8th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Los Angeles, California
Michaels Home

It was just days before the big main event and I hadn't even left to go to Texas yet. I lied about in my room back home, reading the latest issue of Guitar World Magazine. A lot of these axes would be killer for my next show. As I pondered which one to buy, there was a knock on the door.

Griffin Hawkins - Come in, it's open!

The door slowly creaks open and Tiffani Michaels slowly entered the room. I lift my head up from the book and noticed her by the door.

Griffin Hawkins - Oh hey Tiff, whats up? Lemme guess, there's a sale at the mall tomorrow and you need a ride?

Tiffani Michaels - Actually, no...it's Daddy, he wants to talk to you.

I immediately put down the book. Whenever her Dad wanted to see me, it had to be something serious.

Griffin Hawkins - Your dad?...Did he say why?

Tiffani Michaels - Just that it was important.

Griffin Hawkins - I see...where is he at?

Tiffani Michaels - He's downstairs in his study.

Griffin Hawkins - Ah..figures. It's kind of funny, in the old days whenever he wanted to talk to me, I'd be quaking in my boots. I felt like I was back in the Principal's office.

Tiffani Michaels - Well hopefully it doesn't feel like that anymore.

Griffin Hawkins - It doesn't at all, I feel like I can tell him anything. But I better get moving, I can't keep him waiting.

Tiffani Michaels - Yeah, go find out what he wants.

I get up off my bed and leave the room. What could he be asking to see me for? I walk through the hall and down the stairs. Making my way past the living room until I head to the Judge's study. He had a serious look on his face as I walked into the room.

Griffin Hawkins - You wanted to see me sir?

Judge Richard Michaels - Why don't you close the door first?

It definitely sounded serious. I went over and shut the door before taking a seat across his desk.

Griffin Hawkins - So, what is it you wanted to talk to me about?

Judge Richard Michaels - I thought it would be appropriate to be the one to tell you that I'm going to be the judge on the bench for your father's trial.

A look of confusion and shock is mixed on my face. I had no idea he'd be involved.

Griffin Hawkins - You...are?

Judge Richard Michaels - Yes I am and I'm going to be completely objective and professional about the entire thing.

Griffin Hawkins - Well, as long as he gets a fair trial, that is all that matters. I know you'll be perfectly fair and unbiased.

Judge Richard Michaels - Of course I am, everyone deserves that much during their time in court.

Griffin Hawkins - I agree, he always preached to me about being a man and taking responsibility for your actions..lets see if he takes his own advice.

Judge Richard Michaels - Well, there's only one way to find out...that's why I think that maybe you should be there for the trial itself.

Griffin Hawkins - Wait...you're saying I should be there? Sir you can't be serious...

Judge Richard Michaels - I know you don't agree with what he did Griffin, but the rest of your family is going to be there, I feel like you should too.

He can't be serious...

[color=yellow]Griffin Hawkins - I can't..you don't understand, this is really complicated.

[color=green]Judge Richards Michaels - I do understand, and whether it's complicated or not doesn't matter, you need to put personal feelings aside and do the honorable thing. Show support for your family.

Griffin Hawkins - Believe me, I want to support my family..I really do. I just don't know if I can face him. After everything he put me through, him coming home drunk and angry after a long day at work and taking his frustrations out on me, after kicking me out of my own home, after missing every important event in my life..I'm not sure how I'll react to seeing him face to face for the first time in years.

Judge Richard Michaels - It's not like he's going to be in any position where he can actually talk to you Griffin. He's going to be dealing with his trial.

Griffin Hawkins - I know that, I just don't want to look at him after what he had done to my family. My mom and my sister could be out on the street all because he wanted to feel young again and steal money to impress this girl who's really around Tiffani's age.

Judge Richard Michaels - Don't you think at the very least they'd want you there for some moral support?

Griffin Hawkins - Well...yeah. They always supported whatever career move I wanted to do unlike him.

Judge Richard Michaels - Then you should at least be supportive enough to show up for their sake, sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do, for the people we care about.

He did have a point. My Mom and my sister stayed by my side through thick and thin..how would it look if I no showed the court?

Griffin Hawkins - Just..one question sir. Is it bad that..I want my own father to get whats coming to him?

Judge Richard Michaels - Of course not, you're entitled to your own personal opinion, and judging by how things were between the both of you in the past. I'd say that's a completely normal reaction.

Griffin Hawkins - Well, it's not what he did to me. It's just that he always managed to find a way to escape punishment. This isn't his first time in a court room. Whenever he got in trouble he managed to buy off the jurors or the judge to get out of jail time. All he got was a slap on the wrist for being a bad boy. I know for sure that you won't be easily influenced if he waves a big fat check in your face.

Judge Richard Michaels - I'm not about to start accepting bribes at this point in my career. I'm going to be completely fair and unbiased. Whatever happens is up to the jury to decide.

Griffin Hawkins - If that's the case, then I'll be there.

[colorgreen]Judge Richard Michaels - I'm glad to hear it.

[color=yellow]Griffin Hawkins - This may be one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life.

Judge Richard Michaels - Well, that's life sometimes, it's hard but it's nothing we can't get through if we don't try.

Griffin Hawkins - I guess so. I think I'm going to go to bed..I have a lot to think about.

Judge Richard Michaels - Of course, have a good night Griffin.

Griffin Hawkins - You too sir..goodnight.

I nodded to him before walking out of the room and shutting the door. I couldn't believe that I would have to face my father at his own trial. I hoped that I would never see him again...but I have no choice. I make my way back into the room and just plop on the bed, looking at the ceiling. What was going to happen at the trial?..I wish I had an answer. One thing for sure..I would never look at my father the same way again.

-----------------------------------------

July 10th, 2013, 3:00 PM
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
West Arms Apartments

It has been long since I have been home. And I don't mean LA...but my birthplace, Windsor Ontario Canada. Many stereotype it to be cold all the time, but thats the furthest thing from the truth. These days it's hotter than the devils ass.
Chances are my Dad would be going away for a long time and I decided that I should go back where everything had started. Back home...

Before the riches and royalty.

Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Sheyanne Successful 68899287

I pulled my bike up to my old home...The West Arms Apartments. Part of me forgot that I was born and raised in this crack house..I had kept all the painful memories locked away, hoping that I would never have to think of them again. I take off my sunglasses and look up at the tall building. I'm surprised that its still standing. I figured it would be condemned by now. I take a deep breath and make my way up the stairs and into the old broken down apartment. There seemed to be people in the hallways walking past me. I heard the sound of a baby crying as I passed an apartment door...and the sound of male voice yelling and hitting someone in the apartment to my right.

Yeah..I'm definitely home.

I make my way into the elevator. The lights in it flicker on and off..barely working. I push a button and I can feel it moving. I rest myself against the elevator wall. I can't believe that I am back in this hellhole again. Why am I here...I don't know. Within minutes, a ding is heard as the doors open. I walk out of the elevator into the dusty hallway on the fourth floor. I make my way past all the rooms until I go to apartment 4-A. I'm surprised it's open as I pull on the door handle. I walk into the living room which is empty. It seemed to be a lot bigger without all the furniture and the TV in the room.

I make my way through the apartment and into a familiar place...my room. It was here where I would go whenever I would hide from my Father when he was on one of his drunken rampages. I put my hands in my pocket and walk around, looking at my surroundings. It wasn't easy returning to my past. I could still feel the lashing of my father's belt across my back as I laid across the bed. How angry he was...how I would close my eyes and wish I was somewhere else.

I never forgotten it all.

Just then I heard a familiar voice cut through the air.

"..Kind of figured I'd find you here."

I turned to see a young man with short blonde hair, a white shirt and blue faded jeans. He looked to be in about his late 20s.

Griffin Hawkins - Charles...

Charles Hawkins - Long time no see little bro.

Griffin Hawkins - What the hell are you doing here?

Charles Hawkins - Same reason as you...reminiscing.

Griffin Hawkins - I didn't think you wanted to come back to this dump..you're so busy living it up in your big fancy mansion.

Charles Hawkins - Hey, you never forget your roots. It's what Dad taught us.

Griffin Hawkins - Yeah, he taught us a lot..but he never took his own advice.

I never really asked my brother his opinion on the matter. He always seemed so busy with his life and running the family business.

Charles Hawkins - Dad made a lot of mistakes...and now he made the biggest one of all. He could go to jail for a while. Kind of feel sorry for him.

Griffin Hawkins - Well..that makes one of us.

Charles Hawkins - Look..Griff, I know he did a lot of crap to you, but you weren't the only one he did it to.

Griffin Hawkins - Are you kidding? I was the black sheep of the family. I was the one he obviously didn't want..

Charles Hawkins - Bro, this sob story is getting old...

Griffin Hawkins - You don't know what I've gone through man..you have no idea. I wouldn't even wish what happened to me to you.

Charles Hawkins - Look man, I know what happened to you..it was fucked up. But you weren't the only one he did it to.

Griffin Hawkins - Well he didn't touch Wendi..and he didn't take his rage out on you, so who else then?

Charles Hawkins - Believe me Griff, he was hard on me as well...because I was the oldest.

Somehow I didn't believe him.

Griffin Hawkins - What a heartbreaker..

Charles Hawkins - You don't know what it's like to be the oldest Griffin. I had the biggest responsibility of it all. He wanted me to be an example. There was so much pressure on me that I just wished that I wasn't an overachiever. Nothing I did was ever good enough for him. Not my grades..my athletic accomplishments in High School. I actually envied you..

Griffin Hawkins - You envy me?

Charles Hawkins - Your grades and all sucked...Dad had pretty much given up on you. I had wished that he would have done the same for me and let me be myself..instead of fitting some kind of mold.

I really had no idea that he had as much pressure on himself. Knowing how overbearing Dad can be, it must have been hard on him. He didn't even have to abuse him the way I was.

Griffin Hawkins - So..the trial is soon...are you going to be there?

Charles Hawkins - Yeah...are you?

Griffin Hawkins - Yeah. I was conflicted at first..but if Mom and Wendi are going to be there, then I have to.

Charles Hawkins - I guess..I'll be there too. It won't be easy seeing Dad on trial..and looking at him after he decided to throw away everything.

Griffin Hawkins - It's gonna be hard on all of us man, he's still our father.

Charles Hawkins - It could also be the last we see of him for a long time if he gets convicted. Unless we visit him in prison.

Griffin Hawkins - I'm not so sure about that..but we'll see what happens.

Charles Hawkins - We'll all be there little bro..you won't be alone.

I couldn't help but smile as I looked up at him. It felt like I had a big brother again.

Griffin Hawkins - I know that now...lets get out of here.

The two of us leave the apartment, talking of the old good times we had together. In a weird way, Dad brought us back together.

-------------------------------------------------

~Not easily broken~

Alone I sit in my locker room. The light remains on as I am against the wall in casual wear, blue ripped jeans, boots, and a Nirvana T-Shirt. I seem to be in a bit of a somber mood..but not entirely depressed. I really did want the World Title. I felt it within my grasp but it slipped away. But instead of whining moaning and complaining like any other person would do, I want to take it in stride.

"Many of us have plans..goals...a future. Some of them work out...some of then doesn't. Some who fall...seek redemption. While others would rather just curl up into a ball and just walk away from it all..giving up on everything they ever wanted. Success is something everyone wants. But to attain success...a price must be paid. The road..or the end of the road as it is may not be quite as one would expect. The glowing light at the end of the tunnel might not be the beacon of light as you envisioned. It might be some horrible deformed fun house reflection of your own inner dreams."

Success in the past has alluded me. There were times when I wanted to give up..but something in me refused to allow me to throw in the towel.

"I make no excuses...I fell short in reclaiming the gold that was unfairly taken from me. I was very...very close to becoming a World Champion for the fourth time in my career. I came so close...yet so very far. But the question is..where do I go from here? Maybe...I should go on twitter and whine and moan and complain to everybody I know that I got screwed! Yeah, maybe I should go on and on about how none of these people deserve to see me as their Champion! Hell..why not go on a Twitter strike while I'm at it!....Nah, that's all been done already. See, unlike the previous Champions, I don't go to pieces when things don't go my way. I didn't get to this point by giving up and walking away. In time I will get my shot. I don't care how long it takes, I will be IWF Champion. And as for Ethan Cage...yeah he's the Champion...now. But in time..all the pressure of him being on top will cause him to crack. It happened with Mike Tyson, it happened with Lance Armstrong, it happened with Brett Favre, and most recently..Dwight Howard. All the bright lights..the hoopla, all the pressure of being the man will rest on his shoulder. He couldn't handle it before and just walked away..who's to say it won't happen again? As soon as he buckles under the pressure...I will be there to pick up the pieces...and my title. Till then..he better enjoy it while it lasts."

When the time is right..I will get Ethan. If and when I get my shot..it'll be my turn to gloat.

"My road continues on Battlegrounds. Right smack dab in the middle of San Antonio Texas, I face a competitor. A woman who breeds success...a woman who...well, success is her last name. Sheyanne Successful. Like me she came up...short in leaving with Gold at Ragnarok. And like me she is looking to bounce back from the loss. She overlooked Flex Johnson, thinking he would be just another victim in her path to glory. But alas...she has lost the title, the one thing that defined her. The one belt that made her great. Like all gold it slipped through her fingers like the sands of time. I know that exact feeling...too many times to count. And now she wants to climb back up to the top..only this time it might be over me. But I can't judge her here...because I want the exact same thing. The both of us are on the road back to the top and we'll get there by any means necessary..."

I never faced Sheyanne before, how do you prepare for someone like that?..Simple, you don't. Just gotta wing it.

"While I do have some respect for you Shey Shey...your ego is your own worst enemy. It cost you the title as you overlooked Flex. But I'm not one to judge, I'm the same way. But with that loss, you still have the distinction of being the first ever female High Impact Champion in IWF history..and maybe..just maybe another chance will come down the pike. But till that day comes, you have to deal with me girlie. Because I'm on a crusade to regain my IWF Title and I don't give a damn who it is in my way. Man..Woman...why be biased? I don't descriminate when it comes to genders. And I plan on treating you the same way I've treated every opponent that's crossed my path, beating you until you just can't stand up and my hand is raised as the winner."

I couldn't guarantee a victory over her, seeing as I never faced her before..but I would give one hell of a fight.

"You and I are not so different Sheyanne. And I don't mean title aspirations. Both of us have a thing for submissions. Your finisher is the Unsuccessful Escape...my submission finisher...Enter Sandman. Both moves are dangerous holds that have no way of escaping. If you lock yours on me...I just might...might tap. But what if I lock you in mine? Will you tap? Will you have another blemish on your record? Course..there are many...many other submissions that I specialize in. I happen to have quite a lot of submissions of my own. A figure four leglock across the ringpost maybe? A sharpshooter? Anything is possible."

I take a deep sigh, I had to regain my title even if it meant I had to start from the bottom and work my way to the top. Not that I haven't done that before..

"I'm prepared to make my road back to the top of Insurgency over you Shey. You dragged Flex Johnson's name around thinking that you were just going to roll through him..and you thought otherwise. And now you and me are in the same boat. One of us is gonna move up to the top..while the other is gonna remain at the bottom. One of us is going to ascend to regain their title while the other...is just going to sit on the sidelines. Who's it going to be? Well, guess all the Metal Maniacs watching at home are just going to have to wait and see. Until then...you're gonna get rocked.."

I give a smile to the camera man as the promo ends. He clicks off the camera, closing the scene.

Back to top Go down

Griffin Hawkins [vs.] Sheyanne Successful
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Archives :: Archives :: IWF Battlegrounds :: IWF Battlegrounds :: Battlegrounds Roleplays-
Jump to: