Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist Empty
PostSubject: Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist   Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 6:55 am

Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist HAD-AvsB_zps7574e65f
IWF RISING PHOENIX CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Blyss Lockhart
[vs]
Aries Armadaist
Back to top Go down
Aries Armadaist

Aries Armadaist

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist   Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:35 pm

Off Camera
2 Weeks Prior to Heroes Also Die 2013
North Dakota

Aries stood at her doorstep, wearing that cheesy shit-eating grin from ear to ear, practically giddy at this point. What a surprise she had in store for her. Aries was beside himself, getting to see his old friend after what felt like an eternity. He pondered what he would say first. Perhaps open with a joke? Just go straight for the warm reunion hug? The anticipation was too much to bare, so he’d just have to shoot from the hip. he reached out, lightly rapping his knuckles across the door a few times. Unfortunately, Aries’ over zealousness got the better of him as he hardly waited 5 seconds after knocking to begin banging his fist against the door. When the resident opened to greet him, his joy overflowed, audibly gasping as his smile somehow widened without his face ripping apart.

Aries Armadaist
JAZZ! Old buddy of mine! Common, bring it in for a hug.

Aries now opened his arm to his old partner, who returned his warm greeting with probably the coldest stare she could muster. At this point, it was a look Aries had gotten so use to from her, he just assumed it was her natural expression. It quickly became apparent that she wasn’t going for this hug Aries had planned out, but he wasn’t exactly relenting either.

Aries Armadaist
Jazz, I got all day, and I will stand out here until I get this “Oh-my-garsh-I’ve-missed-you-so-much-hug-please-come-in-and-tell-me-your-stories” hug.

Aries’ warm reception was met with the slamming of Jaci’s door in his face, causing the Canuck to immediately drop his arms back to his side.

Aries Armadaist
Aaaaw, don’t be a bitch, Jazz, I just wanna talk!

With a less than subtle groan coming from the other side of the door, Jaci threw the door back open, her hand now clasping onto the door frame with all her might, almost as if a chunk of the house was going to break off in her grip.

Jaci Sovereign
Then talk.

Armadaist's excitement seemed to die out, almost becoming meek as his gaze fell down to his figiting hands, tapping the ends of his fingers together in a random pattern.

Aries Armadaist
I got a pretty big match comin’ up... Against someone you know a lot better than I do. Figured if you could pass on any wisdom or advice, I’d really appreciate it.

Jaci Sovereign
Who is it?

Aries looked back up at his former Tag partner, unable to hide the slight smirk forcing it's way onto his face.

Aries Armadaist
Blyss Lockhart.

Aries picked his head up fully, his smirk turning back into his full, toothy grin as he noticed the subtle twitch of Jaci's eyebrow upon mentioning his opponent's name.

Jaci Sovereign
I don’t see why you are asking me this because she isn’t that hard to beat.

There was a sigh in her voice, like perhaps actually discussing Jaci's former best friend would be more of a burden than a release like he had hoped for.

Aries Armadaist
See, that’s easy for you to say Ms. Greatest Women’s Wrestler ever, but for a strapping Young Buck like me, this match is kind of intimidating. So, I mean, you’ve helped me alot in the past, so I was hoping, maybe this one last time...?

He motions toward her slightly, but Jaci continued to just stare him down as he continued to try and make his case on her door step.

Aries Armadaist
I just wanna know what makes her tick, ya know? Figure out the mind of Blyss Lockfart, and since you two were the best of besties at one point, you’d be the perfect person to ask.... Plus you’re the only person that knows her who will actually talk to me.

Jaci let out another sigh, now folding her arms across her stomach as she rolled her eyes, even shaking her head slightly to herself.

Jaci Sovereign
Blyss, isn’t a solid wrestler. She makes mistakes cause she fights with her emotions and she is pretty damn sloppy if you pay attention. The only reason she is even champion is because Molly Reid took it from Tiffani and she had to pin Molly’s partner to get the victory and the only reason why she still has the title around her waist is because she has to fight people beneath her talent range.

Aries simply stood there, nodding excitingly, putting on the best "serious" face he could as he make check mark on his chin with his thumb and forefinger.

Aries Armadaist
Mhm, mhm... So, what exactly cause you two to have a falling out, anyways? I remember you two practically being connected at the hip. Posting each other nudities all over the intertron and what not. Then BLAM, no more friendship bracelets, and paintin’ each other’s toes and... trading... tampoons

His face scrunched up in disgust as he wiggled his fingers like spider legs, Jaci, at this point, use to him saying much worse, and didn't even react to it as she continued on.

Jaci Sovereign
Blyss doesn’t care about anyone unless they have a penis. She was there for Tim Patrick when he was injured, but when I got injured by Gordon her boyfriend at the time she was nowhere to be found.

Aries was practically giggling at this point.

Aries Armadaist
Oooo, so IWF’s little golden girl isn’t as sweet and innocent as everyone lets on? Neat. Anything else you wanna pass on?

Jaci Sovereign
Ummm... She lies a lot, and gets her stories messed up... She had a secret crush on you when we were teaming, but I honestly think that's because she was jealous that we were friends and you weren't hers. You noticed how I left and she couldn't give two shits about you?

Aries Armadaist
Yeah, I also notice she hadn’t tried to reach out to you either since the career went belly up--no offense.

Aries simply nodded to himself, mulling over all this newly acquired information when his eyes suddenly grew wide, looking back at Jaci, who returned his look with an arched eyebrow. Slowly, his eye narrowed as the corners of his mouth curled into a sly smile.

Aries Armadaist
Wait a second.... Did you just call us friends..?

Jaci made quick work to try and divert the conversation.

Jaci Sovereign
Yeah, I think  she just uses people for personal gain, or to make herself feel better, in my opinion. I think she has some serious self esteem issues and her confidence is low. So she clings on to any sad soul that is willing to make her feel better and put her ass on a pedal stool. So, when I wasn't falling for her "whoa-is-me" act, of course she didn’t want to contact me again. Because I was on to her. Again, I could get a phone call tomorrow, and she could easily prove me wrong. Take all this with a grain of salt, Aries.

Aries Armadaist
So get her in a corner, or figure out her game plan and she practically crumbles? That’s good stuff to know, Jazz. See, this is why I fucks with you. You were always the brains and what not.

Aries rubbed his hands together almost maliciously, it being already apparently that the wicked little gears in his head were already turning. His priorities quickly shifted however as that sly little grin returned.

Aries Armadaist
Now about us bein’ friends... Are we best friends? Am I your best friend? We can totes be besties.

Jaci Sovereign
No, no, and no. But, what we can be is acquaintances.

Jaci tilted her head back, sighing loudly as she spoke, already regretting letting the word "friend" slip out between them.

Aries Armadaist
Fine... But, I do appreciate all the help. Ya know, not just this but back during the...tag thing. I never got to say how much I appreciated all the help you’ve given me inside and outside the ring. It’s helped a lot just to get me this far, and I really owe you a lot. So if there anything you ever need, I’m your guy...

The two shared a moment of silence together, Jaci honestly a bit surprised with Aries' moment of maturity. Of course, it only lasted a moment.

Aries Armadaist
...Do acquaintances get good-bye hugs?

Her sigh was exasperated at this point, reaching up to pinch the bridge of her nose with one hand, useing the other to hold a finger up to him as if to say "hang on a second."

Jaci Sovereign
I need you to do me a favor, and if you can do me that favor then you can call me your friend and you can get a hug.

Aries Armadaist
Name it.

You could cut his eagerness with a knife at this point.

Jaci Sovereign
I’m not going to be able to be around my niece 24/7 like I would like to, because this is her career and i don’t want to steal the spotlight you know? so i’m going to need you to be... you know like her shadow and my informant.

Aries leaned back slightly, his eyes widened as he seemed, literally, taken back by the sudden request.

Aries Armadaist
Aw, dude, you totally want me to make sure your niece stays on the straight and narrow? I’m your guy, Jazz! I’ll be like a fly on the wall everywhere she goes. Always watching, but she’ll never know I’m there. I’m a master at subtlety. Like Batman, or a Stanley Kubrick movie.

Jaci Sovereign
Can you just give me a damn hug so you can go?

Aries Armadaist
With gusto!

Aries immediately threw his arms open, wrapping up his former partner in a hug. Grunting, Jaci hesitantly returned his affection, awkwardly patting him on the back like "ok, that's enough." Aries released his bear like hold, grinning from ear to ear, jaci pursing her lips together as she gave him a nod good-bye, trying to duck back inside as quick as possible in hopes that none of the neighbors saw what just transpired.

On Camera
Heroes Also Die
Indianapolis, Indiana

The scene opens as we see the familiar face of Aries Armadaist outside the Bankers Life Fieldhouse Arena in Indianapolis, Indiana. The sidewalk that he occupies is practically void of any people, as anyone who was interested in the IWF PPV has already filed inside. Aries stoof, his Tag Championships both slung over his shoulders as usual, wearing nothing more than an event T-Shirt as he stared up at the neon glowing lights of the arena. No elaborate set. Not big wide, shit eating grin. Just a stone wall expression as he stared at the massive arena holding the ring he himself would be competing in later.

Aries Armadaist
April 29th, 2013. IWF Homecoming. That was the last time the world saw Aries Armadaist on Pay-Per-View. Almost 3 months. That doesn't sound like a very long time, but for yours truly it feels like an eternity. Looking back through the past 3 months, it feels like stepping through a portal through time. Seeing how much the very landscape of the company has changed. Names like Molly Reid, Ace Static, and Ashe Corvin aren't even around anymore. We've had a changing of the guard as far as management was concerned. Hell, we've got an entire new show within that time span. On April 29th, 2013, I myself was teaming with Jaci Sovereign in our first, and only defense of the IWF Tag Team Championships. After that match, the world would see Parker and Steel go their separate ways, my partner retire, and my Tag Titles made defunct. But, oh, have I kept myself entertained during those long 3 months. Starting a successful Inter Species Wrestling career, going on a tirade against the new management about keeping my tag title alive, I think I even travelled through time at some point, and all of this culminating in getting knocked out by a Thunder Frog. Just sounds so glorious once you actually say all that out loud. But, as much as things have changed, and as much as Aries Armadaist himself have changed, there's always been one constant. One thing that I've noticed that has yet to falter. Despite the coming and going of personalities, and even titles, the unrelenting reign of Blyss Lockhart has remained through it all. I don't think there's been a time since my arrival in IWF that Blyss Lockhart's name hasn't been associated with some sort of accolade. Wherever Blyss has been, gold was in tow with her. Almost feels like Blyss defending her title became as routine in the IWF as the sun rising and setting. Almost feel sorry for the suckers who had the futile job of trying to take her precious belt away from her. But now, three short months after just seeing Blyss from afar, I'm the one who finds himself as one of those unlucky dogs who have to try and wrangle her title away from her.

Aries Armadaist
I can honestly say that this is easily the biggest match of my career, bigger even than the match that secured me my first Championship in my career. A tag title is one thing, if you plan on competing with a partner for the rest of your career. But, I've been a singles competitor since the day I entered the business, the IWF Tag Titles simply being something of a diversion to the path i would have much rather have been on. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret a thing. That was the first time that I got to prove that my name is worth something; that I'm worth putting stock in within this company. Despite the fact that I had my right to be called a Champion taken away from me, I had proven I was able to run with some of the bigger dogs in IWF, taking my beloved Tag Titles against two very well establish individuals within the company. Not to mention I had the distinct privilege of not only teaming, but training with one of the most highly decorated women's athlete within the history of the business. A woman that I myself watched on television screens from week to week on UECW television while busting my ass in some hole in the wall independent show. I'd say it was a humbling experience, but I'm a lot of things, and humble ain't exactly one of em. But, it was a learning experience none the less. Everything I learned from Jaci I have used and applied to my already impressive array of moves. I've honed and tested those new found skills against the upper brass of IWF as well, as these shiny belts allowed me to be pitted against a higher caliber of opponent than I had been facing before hand. I went from the Neon Exoduses and the Matt Stone; two names that started around the same time I did and are no longer with the company, mind you, to getting to stare down names like Corey Bull and Sean Libby. All the while, being more than happy to remind my fellow competitors and you loyal viewers at home that I am indeed still the reigning IWF Tag Team Champion, whether IWF wants to acknowledge me or not. And as of July 28th, 2013, I have successfully held and defended these titles for 119 Days. Proud to say I am living up to my promise of becoming the longest reigning Tag team Champion in the companies history.

Aries Armadaist
Now some of you may groan at that statement. You may even think of me as nothing more than a fool still grasping on to what small success I've found so far. On some level, you may be right, but you've got to realize what these belts mean to me, and why I've chosen to cling onto them like I have. These belts became my milestone. A testament to all the hard work I had put into my craft up until that point. People seem to forget that it was me that claimed the briefcase that contained the Tag Title shot, not Jaci. To have them taken away from me as quickly as I gained them, and to do it in such a fashion... I felt nothing but disrespect coming from Alex Dillinger when he pointed at me in that office full of nobodies and just announced that my titles were worthless. The titles that I worked my ass off from day one in training, through every bumpkin indy promotion that would book me, up until the faithful day that I was officially named a "somebody" in this business to get now suddenly don't amount to a goddamn thing? Not as long as it read "Aries Armadaist" on the name plate were these belts going to be discarded with the rest of yesteryears trash. Every time I look at these belts I'm just reminded of how much I truly have improved not only since my first match within Professional Wrestling, but how far I've come within the IWF itself. I still remember, clear as day, standing in front of this camera for the first time, my debut promo against Khaos, someone that I even stated wouldn't last a month within the company. My prediction came true, for those keeping score at home.

Aries Armadaist
Now, this Parker Wayde-esque history lesson is nice and all, but the recurring question that must be running through all of your minds as I spout off all this non sense is, "how is this going to help you defeat Blyss?" The truth of the matter is, that's a question I've been asking myself since I won my Number One Contenders match against Corey Bull. Let's face it, I've got the odds stacked against me. Not only is Blyss' win/loss record a lot more impressive looking than mine, but as I stated before, she hasn't exactly been a slouch when it comes to keeping gold around her waist. For a desperate pot shot, I could bring up the fact that she failed to capture the Tag Team Titles where I succeeded, but quite frankly, that point is moot. We're not talking about a match that requires you to rely on another person to help you succeed. Bkyss, and I have no one to rely on anyone but ourselves at this point, and no matter how I may wanna try and bend or twist the views of those listening to my words, I simply cannot hide the fact that I am the under dog in this match. But, just like Blyss is familiar with the role of the defending champion, being the under dog isn't foreign to me either. Being the under dog that captures the upset is something I'm quite familiar with as well. I've almost made a career out of it. Doesn't matter how many times I sneak or steal my way to a victory, it's almost like everyone is just waiting for me to slip up. The one time a distraction doesn't work, or the one time the ref catches me with that hand full of tights. But, it's yet to happen. Week in, week out, month in, month out, I get away with what I do again and again. But, at this point, in a match up as big as this, I'm sure Blyss has watched me time and time again, and I would put good money on the fact that she's got in her head that she has got me scouted, and that's exactly what get's people caught in my trap.

Aries Armadaist
But, as much as I could sit here and talk strategy and technique and in-ring styles, what it's really going to come down to is sheer force of will. I don't think it's going to come down to who is the better hold for hold wrestler, or who's mastered their chosen technique to an art form, but simply which one of us wants it more. Whether those watching realize it or not, but Blyss and I simply don't like each other. Even more so with Championship gold on the line, I feel like I can speak for Blyss when I say that the two of us are most looking forward to the opportunity to simply punch each other in the face. Repeatably. You see, I had first planned to come out here and do this whole big shpeal about how tragic it is that I must face my dearest friend, Blyss Lockhart. That I doubted my ability to pull of this big win, even if I had the opportunity, because my sheer love for that wonderful human being would stop be from being so ruthless as to tear her vagina inside out for the sake of Championship Gold. But, if I learned anything from fighting a giant Norse Frog God with a big metal hammer, it's that maybe I should take this match just a little more seriously. That... And Blyss finally did something that just... Pushed me too far. Honestly, I never really hated Blyss Lockhart. I didn't like hr, but then again, I don't really like anyone I'm forced to work with. Still though, if not friends, I figured Blyss and I could at least be on speaking terms. Trade a joke once in a while. Have a polite conversation at least. Blyss, however, would have none of my shenanigans. To her credit, I did pull a rather clever bait and switch that left her feeling quite burned. Still though, how long could the girl actually hold a grudge. I mean, it couldn't have hurt her too bad, it wasn't like we were besties, skipping arm and arm everywhere we went before hand anyways. Well, I found out exactly just how far she's willing to go when scorned. I tried to reach out to Blyss, in complete sincerity. I wasn't to post pone this match. Hell, I would have straight up cancelled it to get what I wanted if it made her happy. All i wanted was five minutes of her time. Five goddamn measly minutes to make a case, but she wouldn't even here me out about what I wanted to talk about. I tried to talk sense to her, which turned to an argument... Of course that didn't help things either. Maybe it's my own fault. Maybe this is what I get, but I'm too upset to care about things like karma right now. I had something happen in my personal life that I was ready to go into full detail about with Ms. Lockhart if she would have wanted me to... If I was worthy of her time of goddamn day, but I wasn't. I keep my personal life and my professional life two very separate things. You could probably count on one hand how many people that work for this company even know what my first name actually is. I'm not going to bother telling you people what it was. What was so important that I'd be willing to miss the biggest match of my career for it, but--

Aries Armadaist
Ya know what, fuck it, let's talk about it. I...uh...

Aries’ words seem to get caught in his throat, pursing his lips together as his gaze move away from the camera. The man seemed to become visibly shaken, covering his mouth with his hand as he started to move backward, moving back until he took a seat on a bench near his original location, laying his championship belts beside him as he rest his elbows on his knees, his eyes now locked on the pavement at his feet.

Aries Armadaist
....My mother was always my biggest fan. She was the one person who supported me when I was a bright eyed 6 year old boy and pointed at the television when Saturday Morning Wrestling came on and said "That's what I wanna be!" She's the one person that pushed me to continue on in this business even when I didn't want to anymore. She was the first person to call me when I won my Tag Titles. She was the only person to call me. No matter what I did in the ring, no matter how sleazy, Mrs. Armadaist's little boy went out to that ring every night and made his mother proud. Maybe you're sitting there snickering, calling me a Mamas Boy, and you'd be goddamn right. I loved my mother, and on July 21st, I lost my biggest fan. And as of /Aries checks his watch/ 2 hours ago, she was buried. But, I don't get to see that. I don't get to be there for my family while we grieve. I have to be here now, in Who-Gives-A-Fuck, Indiana. Because me and my problems weren't worth the Champions time. Sure, I could have gone to the upper brass about it, but if I haven't made it abundantly clear these past few months, I'm not particularly fond of the higher ups in the company. I don't quite trust them to have my best interests in mind. So I went straight to Blyss, the champion. I figured I'd at least have the respect to ask the Champion directly about the issue, since this would affect her the most, but I didn't get that same level of respect in return. If only I were worth 5 minutes of your precious time, Blyss, and I wouldn't even have to be talking to this stupid camera about this.

Aries finally managed to tear his eyes away from the ground, his face scrunched as he pursed his lips together, trying to use every bit of his anger and frustartion at this entire situation to fight the tears that were welling up in his eyes

Aries Armadaist
I tell you all this for a reason, Blyss Lockhart. Because that one action changed the entire dynamic of what this match needs to me. Two weeks ago, when I defeated Corey Bull, I wanted that belt around your waist so bad I would have crippled a man to get it. Now, it's the furthest thing from my mind--I don't even want it. But, I need it now. I need that belt to take back to my family to show them exactly why I missed the funeral of the most important person in my life. To try and justify the fact that on July 28th, I wasn't in Ontario. Originally, I needed that belt to prove to myself that I amounted to something; that I could be the champion that I always knew I could be. I still need that belt to prove to myself now, that what I'm doing here actually means something. That I didn't just fly out to Indiana to piss in a bucket, take my money and go home. Now, I need that belt to take from you, Blyss, like you've taken from me. I need to hurt you now Blyss, like you've hurt me. It won't be enough to beat you, anymore. It's not going to be enough to just take your title. I'm going to have to break you, Blyss, for making me be here tonight. Maybe I don't deserve to be angry, and maybe I should have done more not to be here. Maybe you're actually an innocent in all of this, but right now, I couldn't give a rats ass about whats right and wrong. I know how I feel, and unfortunately, you're going to take back every bit of this anger, and misery, and by the end of the night, they'll have to scrape our corpses off the floor of the ring when we're done with each other.There will be no love lost, and no bridges mended after tonight. This is the beginning of something new. Tonight, the holding pattern of Blyss Lockhart's Championship run comes to an end. This is the night where you all finally learn what it means... when I say it's a good day to be a bad guy.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist   Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:57 pm

”Darkness Through The Cracks”

P R O L O G U E

Heart beats fast.

Faster.

...Faster.

But you don’t hear it, do you? No, not anymore. The sound of your breathing, the uneven silence of this hotel room and the chill of the water that slowly drowns you. Deeper and deeper you go until you hear absolutely nothing.

Dead silence.

What’s that? You’re starting to hurt once more? Down into the water you go again, my dear Blyss. Don’t struggle. The more you do, the worse it becomes. You know this.

Let it go.

...and let it take over you.

This is when you get back to where you have strayed off. The path which you had once refused to tread on. But this is where you must go and only by yourself can you do so. Finally, you can.

Just like the title you’ve held since Ascension, you will rise once more out of the ashes of late. You’re no damsel yet you let him try to save you over and over again. From Thor and the Empire of Blood, from the masked man Brandon MacDonald and worst of all... from me.

You were SO CLOSE to revealing your darkest secret but thankfully, you were still able to somewhat think straight then. See? I can be appreciative...

But heroes die at the end of every story. And yours is no different.

You’re beginning to see the light.

...Or should I say, the darkness?

I want to hide the truth
I want to shelter you
But with the beast inside
There’s nowhere we can hide

Saturday

There is nothing but the sound of water dripping from the faucet as Blyss sits in the bath tub. It has been yet another long drive today. She stretches her legs and yawns, covering her mouth with the back of her hand. Then she sinks lower into the hot soapy water. She leans back and without warning, the tears come again. The pain in her chest returns and this time, she clamps her mouth with both hands as she tries to stop the sobbing that’s threatening to take place.

Since breaking up with Gordon, she’s put up a front to avoid talking about it for fear of breaking down. Forgetting and moving on has always been what she does. Partly because her best friend Tim has suddenly lost his fiancé Cody and their unborn child and she wanted to be strong for him. She has gone to visit him at his home for the past few days and needless to say, he was quite a wreck. Then he left for Ireland without telling why and now she’s back in her own apartment.

It’s been weeks since she’s been home and it’s beginning to feel like it isn’t. Sure the busy streets and the usual places she goes to still feel like home but that cosy apartment now seems stifling. It’s strange to think this way. She first chose to move in because she loved how the space was just right for her. The area is safe and she can walk to Millennium Park whenever she wants to. In fact, she has just returned from a good run there.

She wipes her tears and takes a deep breath. It hasn’t been easy this past week. She could have easily shut herself out from everyone and just disappear until Sunday for the pay-per-view but that fear of being alone is too great. Yet still, she simply refuses to talk about it. Let them know of it but not what really happened.

You knew all along that he’s not right for you, didn’t you? I’ve told you this over and over again even before this so-called relationship began. He only cares about himself. He said he loved you but you knew deep down that it was all a lie. He used you because you let him. You’re so obsessed with trying to be accepted by others, to feel loved... But you don’t need that from them. They will always end up leaving you. But me? I’m always here for you because, my dear, I am you. Did you forget that?

She chokes back the tears. The water feels comforting yet taunting. Casting her eyes down, she sees a shaky reflection of herself in the surface.

Of course you did. You believe their words like they’re your own but none of it is true. You know what they say about you, don’t you? You’ve seen it, you’ve heard it. Hostile and yet so naive. Oh poor Blyss. You know they always say that when they think of you or talk about you, right? That poor little girl who doesn’t know how to defend herself when she needs to. Quick to start but never finish. Or turn the other way in... fear.

But why? It has crippled you over time, my dear Blyss. That rage you have is paired with fear for being alone, that feeling of being neglected and abandoned. Reminiscent of when you were younger, you’re afraid it would happen again. And now look at what’s been happening?

I’m glad you’re starting to realize that no one, and I mean NO ONE, says it’s over and decides to stay for whatever sympathies they have for you. They only say that to soften the blow, an illusion to cover up the fact that they are indeed abandoning you forever.

But you were the one who ALLOWED them to walk out on you. Let them trample all over you like you’re worth absolutely nothing. This is your own doing, Blyss. This is all your fault. You were supposed to do the same to Gordon like what you did to your family. You were on the right track but then you let him control you, what you need and what you crave for.

But on the bright side, you’re now on your own once again. With me. And now you’re free.

She breaks her watery reflection by sinking completely into it and holds her breath. Enough thinking, enough hurting, enough everything. All she wants, all she needs, is to empty her thoughts for just a moment. That need for oxygen can wait...

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go

Sunday

Blyss sits on her jacket on the sand, facing the lake. The waves are starting to pick up and with each time, the water gets closer and closer to her feet. Her shoes are placed beside her and her shirt on top of them. She rubs her arms, feeling the heat of the morning sun on her bare skin and enjoying it. It feels good to be out here again after such a long time.

Her family used to visit this beach every summer when she was a kid and she loved it. When they stopped, the place becomes only a memory. It’s about a four to five-hour drive from home and she can just pick a day and go but some places in life, no matter how much you love them, you just can’t go back.

[ the following is a flashback ]

Female Voice
Melyssa!

Blyss stirred in her sleep and murmured. The voice sounded far and distant, seeming to echo in her dream.

Female Voice
Hey Melyssa!

Forcing her eyes to open, Blyss blinked them rapidly as she sat up in the back seat of the family car. Her mother’s smiling face greeted her and she grumbled, slightly irritated for being wakened up.

Mom
Wake up, Melyssa. We’re almost there.

Dad
Yup! That’s the sign right there.

Blyss looked out the window as he made a left turn into the park. Now she was grinning, barely able to control her excitement. They’d been wanting to come here since last summer and she’d heard stories from students in school who had gone there then, bits and pieces of their experiences in the cold lake water, the scary horsefly incident in the clay pit and the steep hills of the dunes itself where you could climb up and then run down so fast that you felt like flying.

Dad
Mel, wake your sister up, will you?

Their eyes met briefly in the rear view mirror and she nodded her head. She turned to Kenzie who was snoring away lightly. She shook her sister’s shoulder gently and called her name. After five times of calling her and then shaking both of her shoulders, Kenzie finally opened her eyes. The car was then soon parked near a big shady tree and the family piled out of it, carrying stuff like the portable grill, foldable chairs, food and a couple of mats out. Blyss struggled to unload the water cooler that’s just simply too heavy for her. Her father came along and took it from her.

Dad
Don’t worry, honey. I got this. Why don’t you go help Mom with the grill?

Blyss Lockhart
Alright.

She skipped over to where her mother was setting up the grill. Kenzie was laying out the mats. Soon, they had everything set up and food was now cooking. Leaning against the back of a chair, she popped a couple of blueberries into her mouth. And then another and another, chewing quickly.

Mom
Leave some for me, okay, sweetie?

She turned to her mother who was flipping sausages over the grill and smiled sheepishly, nodding her head. Her mother chuckled in response just as her father snuck up from behind and gave his wife a big hug. Planting a kiss on her mother’s lips and swaying gently in the embrace, he grinned as he hummed a tune.

Kenzie Lockhart
Camera!

Kenzie quickly snapped a photo of her parents before they could look at the camera. Then Kenzie turned to her and took a picture of her without warning.

Blyss Lockhart
Hey!

She raised her hands to cover her face but it was too late and giggled in surprise.

Kenzie Lockhart
Candid’s the best way to go, Lissie.

She rolled her eyes at her sister who shrugged. Kenzie was currently going through that “I wanna be a photographer” phase.

Mom
Honey, why don’t you put the camera on that rock over there so we can take a family photo?

Kenzie Lockhart
Mom, I can’t do that. The camera will fall.

Blyss Lockhart
No, it won’t. Just try it. It’s mostly flat surface.

Kenzie Lockhart
Nuh uh. I’m not risking it.

Dad
Let me do it.

He took the camera off Kenzie’s hands and walked over to the rock.

Kenzie Lockhart
Dad, you’re gonna break it!!

Dad
Hey, I paid for it and I’m sure if it breaks, I’ll be buying you the second one too, right?

Blyss laughs while pointing at her sister in a teasing manner. Kenzie slaps her hand away as if annoyed but the corners of her mouth were twitching into a smile which made Blyss laugh even more.

Mom
Alright, girls, come on now.

Her father placed the camera on the surface of the rock and after making sure it wouldn’t fall and setting the timer, he quickly joined the family for the picture. They stood by the car with their picnic spot in the background and smiled. Right at the last second before the photo snap, her father squeezed his family together in one surprise embrace as they squealed with delight. He burst out laughing as he went over to set the timer again on the camera.

Kenzie Lockhart
Dad!

Dad
Alright, alright. One more time.

Blyss Lockhart
That kinda hurt.

Mom
Aww my poor baby!

Kenzie Lockhart
D’aww my poor--

Blyss elbowed her in the ribs.

Kenzie Lockhart
Hey, ow!

Blyss Lockhart
Oops.

Kenzie pinched both her cheeks with a mischievous grin.

Blyss Lockhart
Okay, okay! Stop!

Mom
Hey, cut it out, you two.

Kenzie let go and Blyss rub her cheeks. Oh how she hated when people do that... She playfully slapped Kenzie on the shoulder in return. Then her father came back next to her.

Dad
Alright, here we go. Everybody smile!

Click!

Earlier on her way to Indianapolis, she made an impulsive decision to keep on driving past Indiana and come here. Must be the nerves though it isn’t as bad as the past few days when her anxiety had kicked into high gear. Today she woke up today feeling confident and ready to defend her Rising Phoenix title. Tonight was important and so had the past pay-per-views been for her. Being able to carry that championship for four months hadn’t been easy and would be such a waste if she would lose it tonight. And to Aries Armadaist, of all people? Not a chance in hell.

Looking around, she momentarily forgets why she had been avoiding this place all these years. Hugging her knees, she smiles at the memory of the first time she was here. She was twelve. It was hot but the water was so cold that it had taken her a while to get used to it. She stands up, brushes sand off herself and puts her shirt back on. After collecting her things, she makes her way back to the car. Coming back here doesn’t seem like a terrible idea anymore.

Opening the car door, she tosses her stuff into the backseat and then looks up at the dune by the parking lot. She closes the door again and walks toward the dune. Standing at the foot of the steepest ascent, she tilts her head up and begins to climb. The sand is cool as it buries her feet ankle-deep. Soon, she finds herself at the top and the sight of the beautiful sky brings tears to her eyes.

It wasn’t as hot as before but the sky was still as blue with more clouds of various shapes and forms. They had walked up the dune together and were now mesmerized by the sight of the sky and looking down at the beach.

Mom
Oh my, would you look at that...

Kenzie Lockhart
Whoa! Cool...

Dad
I’m still... kinda recovering... from the climb up... here... Whew!

Mom
But honey, look! It’s amazing!

Kenzie had already begun taking pictures and Blyss was merely speechless. Her lips parted then closed as a huge smile formed on her face. She gazed out at the lake that seemed to stretch out forever. Then she heard a click of a camera. Kenzie grinned back at her. She started to do a pose with her arms up in the air.

Blyss Lockhart
Take again with the water behind me. Can you see it?

Kenzie shook her head.

Kenzie Lockhart
I only do candids, Lissie.

Blyss Lockhart
Oh come on, Kenz. Please?

Blyss clasped her hands together and pouted. Kenzie sighed.

Kenzie Lockhart
Fine...

Blyss went back into her pose and Kenzie snapped a picture.

Blyss Lockhart
Yay!

Kenzie chuckled then stood close next to Blyss, holding out the camera facing them. They pressed their cheeks together, Kenzie crossing her eyes and Blyss sticking her tongue out. They ended up giggling when Kenzie pressed the shutter button. Then they took more photos of each other, with their parents and the place. Soon, their parents left and they took even more pictures and just stood there admiring the view for a while. Ten minutes later, they decided to make their way down.

Kenzie Lockhart
Crap! How do we get out of here?

Blyss Lockhart
Um, the same way we came up?

They walked to the edge and looked down. Kenzie quickly clutched Blyss’ arm.

Kenzie Lockhart
Oh my god! I didn’t realize how high we are!

Blyss Lockhart
What? After all that picture-taking?

Kenzie Lockhart
I mean, I know that but it’s different when we’re going down now.

Blyss chuckled.

Blyss Lockhart
Okay, just hold my hand and we’ll go together.

Kenzie gripped her hand tightly.

Blyss Lockhart
Ready?

Kenzie Lockhart
Yes. I think.

Blyss Lockhart
This is fun, Kenzie. Just keep holding on as we run down...

Kenzie Lockhart
Wait, what?!

Blyss Lockhart
NOW!

Blyss pulled Kenzie with her as they both ran down the dune screaming, Kenzie out of fear and Blyss out of excitement. By the time they reached the ground, Blyss was laughing so hard that she couldn’t stop even when Kenzie shoved her. She fell onto the sand and tried to catch her breath, wiping tears from her eyes.

Kenzie Lockhart
Argh I hate you!

Blyss Lockhart
I’m sorry! But hey, you gotta admit that was fun, wasn’t it?

Kenzie narrowed her eyes at her though couldn’t help but smile.

Kenzie Lockhart
Yeah, it was...

Blyss grinned and reached her hands up.

Blyss Lockhart
Help me up?

Kenzie took her hands and immediately Blyss pulled her down onto the sand with her.

Kenzie Lockhart
MELYSSA!!!

Laughing, Blyss braced herself as Kenzie tackled her.

She checks her iPhone for the time and decides to make a move now. With each step, she’s getting closer to her match. Though she feels ready to face her opponent tonight, she can’t help but also think this might be her last day as champion. Her goals in keeping that title for as long as she can seem like yesterday’s dream.

A sudden wind blows at her face and hair. She’s beginning to feel... different. And it’s not that feeling she used to have and know. This time, it’s foreign to her. She sits in her car and turns on the engine. Looking at herself in the rear view mirror, she twirls her hair. Its natural dirty blonde color seems darker than usual. Hmm... She glances down at her hair then flips it over her shoulder. Whatever it is, it can wait.

She takes out the Rising Phoenix title out of her bag from the back and places it on the seat next to her. That’s what’s important right now and nothing else. Holding onto that championship is all she has. She can’t lose anymore. She just can’t.

She pulls out of the parking lot and out of the park, focusing her mind on that one thing and one thing only.

Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how

Sunday

The camera opens up to a close up of the Rising Phoenix title, showing off the shine of the name plate and proudly displaying the name of its holder. The camera zooms out to reveal Blyss leaning against a corner of the ring in the arena with one arm draped over the top rope. She’s dressed in her wrestling attire and there’s a rather serious expression on her face.

Blyss Lockhart
So I missed the last two shows due to a shoulder injury but it’s recovering nicely and though it’s not a 100% yet, I’m here ready to compete. Only... to defend this. (points to the title around her waist) First of all, let me address Little Miss Unlucky aka Tiffani Michaels who thinks that I faked this injury because I was too scared to face her in a match. (scoffs then shakes head) One, I would never do such a thing and two, I am highly offended that you would think so. I take pride in the fact that I have never asked for an off night but shit just happens. So get off my case and move on, Tiffani. Don’t you have enough problems already? I mean, you haven’t exactly been winning in your matches since Ragnarok. I don’t think even you know what you’re doing anymore.

She lets out a chuckle.

Blyss Lockhart
Now back to the business at hand, Aries, you’re a damn liar. Do you really think I would believe anything you have to say since that time you pretended to make friends on Twitter? If it were face to face, you wouldn’t be able to smile again. At least not for a while. I’d have made sure of that. And then tweeting me stupid song lyrics obviously referencing that my time with my championship is running out and suddenly some time after that telling me that you’re nervous for this match tonight and asking me to take you seriously for it? Are you fucking kidding me? Wait, of course you are. Because that’s what you do. Always trying to make a joke out of everything and well, me. It’s not funny, Aries. Nobody else is laughing because not only is it annoying but it’s also dumb. You’re a grown man yet you act like a child. You find every possible way to entertain yourself and that’s sad, just like the now defunct tag titles that is your only accomplishment here so far. And so they gave you an opportunity to compete for the last entrant spot in Path to Valhalla last month to maybe make up for it and you failed. Then due to your own stupidity of participating in fights with animals which I still don’t or want to understand, you got hurt pretty badly and weren’t cleared by the doctor to compete in the actual Path to Valhalla match. (smirks) Sucks to suck. But then after Ragnarok, you were given yet another chance at becoming somebody other than “that annoying prick of IWF” and this time you managed to cheat your way into becoming the No. 1 Contender to my championship title. Yes, cheat. (sighs) I don’t even know why they let you have that stupid move as your finisher.

She shakes her head and stands up straight, taking the belt off her waist.

Blyss Lockhart
You see, Aries. (holds up title to camera) This right here is worth way too much for you to comprehend. No, shut up and listen. I know you have a lot to say but they don’t mean shit. You’ve barely done anything here, strolling in and out of matches and pulling off illegal moves behind the referee’s back to win. Always taking the easy way out. You do not deserve this title. You did nothing to even get this close to it. Seriously, what have you done, Aries? Wrestling with the new signees and then this. Really? You winning this would be a huuuge insult to what this title stands for. Technically this belt may be new but this championship has gone through three makeovers, two of which are under my reign. When I first changed it from the Queen of Wrestling title, I made a promise to myself that I would retain the significance of a women’s championship with it to keep it away from men who think a woman shouldn’t hold the same title they can and of course to keep the belt as long as I can. In four months, I’ve faced four individuals who hoped to take it from me... and failed. All those times I’ve put it on the line or just carry to a non-title match, I have proven over and over again that I am indeed a fighter. A true competitor in this ring who doesn’t make this industry a fucking joke.

She hops up the turnbuckle.

Blyss Lockhart
Right here is where I can become fearless and take on anyone who stands in front of me. Big, small, veteran, rookie, man, woman. I don’t care. Though I haven’t done it all yet, I have done so much that I can’t stop now. I may have lost the Path to Valhalla, a match I thought I had in the palm of my hand but it’s losses like that that fuels the drive to win the next time I’m in the ring. And that time is tonight, Aries. I almost feel sorry for you because where my title is concerned, I would really hate it if my opponent play around... because I certainly don’t.

She stands tall on the top turnbuckle, looking down on the camera. She smirks and seems to be giving the belt to the camera.

Blyss Lockhart
But Aries, I can let you carry it around like my personal lackey since you have experience in carrying around titles that shouldn’t mean anything to you anymore. Mmhmm, tonight’s the last time you’ll get to fight for this. (shrugs) Sorry not sorry.

The camera tracks back as she hops back down and exits the ring as the scene cuts to black.

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide

------------------------------------------------------------
OOC
”Demons” lyrics by Imagine Dragons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist   Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blyss Lockhart [vs] Aries Armadaist
Page 1 of 1