Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jesse Sovereign [vs] Retarded Gangster JoJo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Jesse Sovereign [vs] Retarded Gangster JoJo Empty
PostSubject: Jesse Sovereign [vs] Retarded Gangster JoJo   Jesse Sovereign [vs] Retarded Gangster JoJo I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:39 am

SINGLES MATCH
Jesse Sovereign
[vs]
Retarded Gangster JoJo

5000 WORD COUNT MAXIMUM
500 WORD COUNT MINIMUM
Back to top Go down
Jesse Sovereign

Jesse Sovereign [vs] Retarded Gangster JoJo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesse Sovereign [vs] Retarded Gangster JoJo   Jesse Sovereign [vs] Retarded Gangster JoJo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 9:10 pm

PrologueTruth or Consequences, New Mexico Off Camera 2011

Training was not always about working out and practicing your craft, it also consisted of lessons that could separate you from a wrestler and an entertainer. A wrestler stays focus at the task at hand as the entertainer plays to the crowd causing them to become distracted for a variety of seconds allowing their opponent an opening. This was the lesson that was presented to Jesse on one hot afternoon with Marcus Aurelius.

Marcus and Jesse were in the ring doing a friendly exhibition as the rest of the students were watching intently providing them with a fan like atmosphere. At this point and time, they were about 15 minutes into the match and Marcus held Jesse in a simple head lock which she reversed to a reversed DDT. When she stood up she looked down on Marus with a smile, it wasn’t very often that a student got one over the teacher, and even their crowd was a bit shocked as well.

During the wasted seconds however, Marcus capitalized by trippin Jesse with a quick sweep of his foot, knocking her legs right out from underneath her. As she rose from the mat, on hands and knees, Jesse used her hand to check to make sure her mouth wasn’t bleeding as Marcus got to his feet.

Marcus: Now what did you do wrong?

Jesse just looked up at him, as the training facility got quiet, the only thing that could be heard is the few adjustments the “fans” were making in their chairs but that soon faded as Jesse began to stand.

Marcus: What did you do wrong?

She looked over her shoulder at her fellow classmates but she was brought back to Marcus by his commanding voice.

Marcus: Don’t look at them, you look at me! now what did you do wrong?

Thinking to herself, she shook her head not sure what he wanted her to say. She did what she was suppose to, she did what her instincts told her to do. Shrugging her shoulders she went to respond but he took the words right out of her mouth.

Marcus: You don’t know? Well let me tell you what you did wrong Miss Highlight. Instead of capitalizing on a move that could have been a turning point, the point where you could have potentially won the match, you took away precious seconds to smile. Those precious seconds allowed me to recover and take advantage of you at your weakest. What were you smiling for anyway? For them? to show that you pulled a fast one on the teacher? Well guess what? they saw what you did, you don’t need to waste time on them, to yourself to gloat about it. You may leave the ring.

As she exited the ring, Marcus walked over to the ropes closest to his class.

Marcus: This, is the difference between wrestlers and entertainers. Entertainers spend most of their time expressing themselves and playing to the crowd. The time it takes them to show emotion, phrase over something they did, they are allowing their opponent to read them, recover, and they are giving them an opening to counter.

Marcus: Where as a wrestler is always thinking of strategy. His mind is playing out the match as he is wrestling. That’s why he is able to reverse a move so smoothly and quickly. A wrestler’s match with an entertainer always ends quicker than a wrestler versing a wrestler.

Marcus: Your job is to wrestle, and that is what the fans come to watch. You doing your job is good enough for them, you don’t need to play it up. If you do then I strongly suggest you have more confidence in yourself and wrestling ability. Class dismissed.

As everyone departed, Jesse just stood there looking at the ring knowing that if she wanted to be a professional wrestler, she had to shut everything off. Expressions, personal feelings, anything that could make her waste valuable seconds, seconds that could make or break her...

Scene OneThe Highline Ballroom New York, NY Off Camera 2013

After her match with Nick Woods, Jaci was there to greet her at the other side of the curtain with a smile on her face and her hands clapping. She was very proud of her and Jesse can tell but all she could offer Jaci was a look of recognition.

Jaci: you did so great out there! how about you and me go out and celebrate?

It didn’t take Jesse long to reply, if anyone was listening to the conversation they might assume that she even caught Jaci off.

Jesse: No

This seems to catch Jaci a little off guard even made her a bit confused.

Jaci: Your first match, your first win... why don’t you want to go out and celebrate?

At the end of her sentence, Jesse looked a bit annoyed. Jaci knew nothing of how Jesse got to where she was, she knew nothing.

Jesse: This isn’t my first match, this isn’t my first win and it doesn’t matter if it was televised or not...

She answers the question as though she already knew what Jaci was thinking.

Jesse: I wrestle Jaci, thats my job. I go out there day in and day out and wrestle. I don’t see other people doing their job and celebrating afterwards.

Jaci: It’s different Jesse...

Jesse: How?

For the longest time Jaci just stood there staring at her niece and she couldn’t think of anything to say to justify her answer accept “It Just Is”.

Jesse: Yeah, thats what I thought...

With that, Jesse walked away from her Aunt and began to frustratingly tugging at her black athlete tape around her wrist. Closing her eyes Marcus’ words kept echoing through her head “don’t let your emotions control you,” taking a few deep breathes, she knew she needed to just let it go and focus on what was important...

Scene TwoManhattan Center New York, NY On Camera

The Image of Jesse appears on the screen as she is simply just standing up against a smooth cool cemented block wall, wearing a simple black T-Shirt with ripped jeans...

Jesse: A match is a match, no matter how big or how small. No matter if it was televised, or if it wasn’t. People want to treat my win over Nick Woods as though it was my first time to ever step in the ring, the first time I have ever pinned a man and got a three count. They forget that people like me have more experience in the ring then some that call them main eventers. In their ignorance they like to call us rookies, greenhorns, newbies, but the fact of the matter is, we are far from it.

Jesse: We have bled, we have shed tears, we have continued matches without a leg to stand on, and even with this, going through the same thing that an everyday wrestler goes through, I am called a rookie. In a way, it is disrespectful. How is my way of getting to where i am any different than anyone else? What makes me a rookie? The fact that I haven’t starred in a main event? the fact that I have yet to hold a title that you think holds more significance than the other?

Jesse: No matter how you doll it up, no matter how much engraved gold or titanium steel  you put on a leather strap it is what it is and somehow that objects defines everything you are, everything that you ever wanted and then down the road someone asks for a toll, and what they want is what you have around your waist.

Jesse: I don’t need an object to prove how far I have come in this business, this sport...

Taking a breathe, she calmed herself, knowing if she went any further, she would allow her emotions take over and ignore the topic in which she should be addressing.

Jesse: This week I have to face a man, that calls himself Retarded Gangster JoJo. I’m not sure how to feel about this man for he defeated JHalc, a man who is considered to be one of the greats in Underground. He is risen to the tear that Dean and Chris are put upon and he got defeated by what some may call a Joke.

Jesse: I saw his speech, about how he wants to kick some ass in IWF and that is all he plans on doing. Last week I believe he proved to us that he can indeed do that and I admire his promise in not quitting but wrestling isn’t about kicking ass Mr. JoJo it is much more than that. You see...

A sudden commotion seems to ring out off camera, Jesse even being caught off guard as her head begins darting around, trying to find the source of the noise. Suddenly a loud clang rings out, following by a snap as a rope suddenly falls from the heavens into the shot, Jesse’s gaze being drawn upward in fear that maybe a lighting rig was coming down. Her eyes only widened in horror as she leapt back, a figure rapidly falling into view of the camera now, whizzing past in a blur before hitting the floor with a sick thud. The camera’s mics pick up the mad scramble and the crew find themselves in behind the camera, Jesse only staring down at whatever fell, mouth covered half in shock, the other half being pure confusion as whoever has fallen writhes in agony on the ground.

Slowly, the figure raises to their feet, staggering as they struggle to find a base to be able to stand up right, their back turned to the camera. The figure, dressed in all black, turned to face the camera, his eyes masked by what appeared to be night vision goggles, letting out another cry of anguish as the bright stage lights shined right into them. Frantically, they ripped the goggles off their head, revealing themselves to be Aries Armadaist as he desperately pressed his palms to his burning eyes.

Jesse: Mr. Armadaist?

With a groan, Aries uncovers his now bloodshot eyes, the two individually blinking as they attempt to readjust to the light, Aries turning to Jesse as she calls out to him.

Aries: Oh, uh.... Shit... Hey, Jesse! What, uh... Whatcha up to...?

Aries begins to nonchalantly swing his arms, despite having dropped from the ceiling while resembling something of a Splinter Cell agent. Jesse only returns his comment with the blankest stare she could muster as Aries’ attention was brought back to the camera.

Aries: Oh, ha... Wrestling stuff, neat... Small world. I was also doing... Wrestling stuff.

Aries begins to motion toward the ceiling before deciding to abandon attempting to explain his actions, simply resting his hands on his hips as he looks away from the camera and Jesse.

Clearing her throat, she thought maybe it best to ignore the situation seeing how Aries seemed a bit embarrassed already.

Jesse: I was just talking about my opponent this week Mr. Armadaist. Do you know the man they call Retarded Gangster JoJo?

Aries bent down, beginning to coil his rope around his arm, almost collecting his things to leave.

Aries: Nope. That one of those Underground folk? Like with the broom and.. really big... Fat guy..? Cause if so, I can tell you right now which one of you ain’t makin’ it past Underground...

Jesse: Actually the Broom isn’t wrestling anymore, severe spine injury.

Jaci warned Jesse of Aries childlike attitude and decided to play along with it. The broom did get a contract after all, even if she didn’t understand why.

Aries frowned deeply, shaking his head slightly as he inhaled through his teeth.

Aries: Such a shame... Wait, it’s a goddamn broom...

Covering her mouth, Aries seemed to be frustrated with himself over that one, throwing his coiled up rope over his shoulder as he fashioned his night vision goggles onto his forehead.

Aries: Well, let this be a lesson to you, children. You get what you pay for, and that especially goes for a $10 Mountain climbing kit out of the back of some dudes trunk. Stay in school. Don’t do drugs. Or do the exact opposite of those things, I really don’t care.

Aries pursed his lips together, slowly nodding to himself as if mentally running through his checklist. Finally, he looked back over at Jesse, his finger suddenly snapping in her direction as he bellows out.

Aries: IGNORE ME!

And with that, as quickly as the Canuck appeared, he limped his way off camera, giving Jesse the full attention of the camera once again.Sighing, Jesse waved to Aries as the camera faded.
Back to top Go down

Jesse Sovereign [vs] Retarded Gangster JoJo
Page 1 of 1