Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal Empty
PostSubject: Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal   Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 5:07 am

MAIN EVENT
TAG TEAM MATCH
Pariah & Kenneth Mathews
[vs]
Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal

RP MAX: 5000 words
RP MINIMUM: 500 words
Back to top Go down
Kenneth Mathews

Kenneth Mathews

PostSubject: Re: Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal   Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:49 pm

.::. The scene opens up inside of Kenneth Mathews’ locker room. Kenneth is sitting down, reading the news paper. After a few seconds, he folds it up and sets it next to him. .::.

Kenneth Mathews: Choices. Every day we make them. You make the choice to get up in the morning. You make the choice of what to eat that day. You make the choice of what to watch on television. You make the choice of what to wear for the day. And so on. People make good choices. And people make bad choices.

Take me for example. I made the choice to move away from the United States and to make a home in Denmark. That’s an example of a good choice. Lets look at a bad choice. One of the choices that certainly help make my move to Denmark that much smarter. Lets look at the choice of America to go along with Obamacare. This is supposed to be a good thing, yet the people that it hinders the most is the young, healthy people. Like me. Rates are expected to go up as much as 120% for some states. There was a model of Obamacare passed in Massachusetts a while back and premiums went up, the quality of care went down and what was covered by your insurance provider went down. Now take that and put it on a federal level. Obamacare makes the rich take care of the poor, the healthy take care of the sick and the responsible take care of the lazy. And the USA is making a choice to make this happen.

.::. He shakes his head in disgust. .::.

Kenneth Mathews: But I digress from that. Instead, lets look at another bad choice. This one made by the IWF. And actually it was a good choice that turned bad. It was a good choice to put me on their upcoming Battlegrounds show because, lets face it, I’m the realest and most talented man on the roster. But then it all turned bad when they decided to put me in a tag team match and team me with, of all people, Pariah.

At what point did it hit them that this would be a good idea. A man such as myself, that is held in such high esteem, teaming with such a … Such a disappointment, like Pariah. This man is convicted felon. And now he’s hired by the IWF and put in the public eye like someone that’s to be revered. Give me a break. And I’m supposed to team with this guy? The man was convicted of aggravated assault. So not only will I have to focus on my opponents but I’ll have to worry about this psycho attacking me. I’m sure he’ll say he’s changed and people will come to his defense but fact is, once a snake, always a snake.

.::. He grabs a water bottle and takes a drink out of it. .::.

Kenneth Mathews: Whatever. I’ve come to expect this. The IWF is probably trying to punish me because I speak my mind and it’s ruffled the feathers of some. I don’t care. Go ahead, team me with a jail bird. I’ll just win this match by myself if I have to. And believe me, I will win this match. Because when I look across the ring at my opponents, I see two men that I have a point to prove to, both for separate reasons.

Chris Cryptic, you beat me last week. I’ll give you that. But I said it on Twitter and I’ll say it again. Lightning does NOT strike twice. I can beat you, Chris and that’s a fact. I’m not saying you’re a bad wrestler. A bad wrestler doesn’t beat me. I’m just saying that I know I’m better and I will prove it. I’ll beat any man 99 times out of 100. You were just lucky enough to get the first one.

And then there’s Dean Vandal …

.::. He pauses a minute, nodding. .::.

Kenneth Mathews: Dean … Personally, I have nothing against you. Like myself, you’re a rebel. We’re rebels in different ways but none the less, rebels. And much like myself, you’re not afraid to say what’s on your mind and you don’t care what the people think about it. And I, more than anyone else on this roster, can appreciate that attribute. In this day in age, most people are too sensitive and they’re too … Soft. They care too much about what people are going to think about what they say or do. There’s not enough people who just do something or say something, with total disregard of what someone’s going to think about you. You’re like that and I’m like that. You’re also a heck of a wrestler. You didn’t win that title by mistake. But I’m not here to blow smoke up your ass. Because I said at the beginning, I have a point to prove against both of my opponents. And my point, when it comes to you, concerns that piece of gold that you carry around.

That’s right, the Underground Championship. I’m going to prove that, not only do I deserve to be the next man in line for a title shot but I’ll prove that, if I had come along just a bit sooner and was in that tournament … It’d be me standing here with that title draped over my shoulder and not you. Now like I said, I take nothing away from you as a competitor, Dean. But come on … You can’t honestly believe that, had I been in that tournament, that you would be standing here today as the champion.

.::. Kenneth stops, seemingly contemplating something. .::.

Kenneth Mathews: No, I take that back. You have to believe that you would be. Because the other thing about you that I can appreciate, because I’m the same way, is you’re confident and you’re not afraid to show it. If you don’t believe that you would be champion, regardless of if I was in the tournament or not … That shows weakness. And from what I’ve seen, you’re not a weakling like most of the cockroaches that take up shelter here in the Corrupted States of America.

.::. He leans forward a bit. .::.

Kenneth Mathews: I guess, what it all comes down to is, I’m trying to say that … Be ready. Because after this match, I’m going to leave no doubts in anyone’s mind that I am the deserving number one contender for that title. And when that does happen and I do get my deserved title shot, I won’t become the IWF’s savior .. And I won’t be it’s martyr … I will be it’s truth … And it’s champion.

.::. He sits back as the scene fades to black. .::.
Back to top Go down
http://pwpproject.forumotion.com/
Dean Vandal

Dean Vandal

PostSubject: THE DEAN VANDAL STORY PART: V   Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:42 am

THE DEAN VANDAL STORY
PART: V

THE ADULTHOOD
OFF CAMERA

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Standing there firm waiting for the world championship to be handed over to me was an amazing feeling yet somehow I felt it wasn’t enough. The very moment that should’ve been my crowning achievement left me wanting. I don’t understand why or how, I just know that even when Vinnie Paulos handed me the belt my hunger wasn’t satisfied.

Something else needed to be done, I was still both figuratively and physically hungry. With barely enough money in my pocket to get me from place to place it was a struggle to even survive. I skipped meals, maintained a slender figure despite an attempt to bulk up a bit...life wasn’t good and I was used to that. What frustrated me more than anything was the fact that I couldn’t see any light, no beacon of hope anywhere within the distance covered by miles and miles of bullshit. They told me I’d have a chance to showcase my talents and prove that I’m as good as I say I am. Yet here I am as the Underground Champion, undefeated. What more would I need to prove to the shit stains with the power that I deserve a chance to be part of Battlegrounds. I can tell you for a fact that I’d destroy the entire Empire of Blood by myself, I’d easily dominate that hack Griffin Hawkins and I’d have no problem pinning the giant Stygian or Jason Gaybriel whatever his name is now.

That’s why I sat here, sitting in the home of Vinnie Paulos. He had a nice but simple apartment in downtown Philly close by the newly located Underground arena that was in the works for becoming the official home for us. It was a dump, by all means it was a complete and utter shit hole. Most the roster, myself included had joined up in the renovation process helping to clean things up before everything was finalized. We all knew that the moment it was final that Dillinger would be immediately hosting shows there and we didn’t feel like having our first show look like shit and completely misrepresent us as a group. Sipping on a bottled water I spilled a little bit on my new Team Black House MMA zip up hoody.

Spending some time out in Los Angeles and Brazil I had developed a relationship with some of the fighters over at Black House and in turn I have improved my game in the ring. They’re all a bunch of good guys with a genuine love for the martial arts. I appreciate the discipline and respect they all have for the fight game. Not to mention they have an impressive roster and I’m lucky to be part of it.

Vinnie walked into the room holding a stack of papers with a grin on his face wearing an old Metallica t-shirt and old school Levi blue jeans. He didn’t look like he was much better off than I was but at least he was comfortable and it was obvious that he was eating well.

“So Deano, this week you have your tag match with Chris Cryptic going up against Pariah and Kenneth Mathews. Should be a great match undoubtedly. However that’s not why I asked you here and you know that I’m quite sure...you’re a smart kid.”

“Obviously I know you didn’t call me here to just have a little talk about my match and wish me luck or even congratulate me on being the first IWF Underground Champion. So tell me Vinnie what is it that you’ve called me here for today? I’m sure I have an idea as to what but I’d love to hear what you have to say.”

I looked into his eyes as he plopped down in his leather recliner. He wasn’t giving me much to go off of but I was more than willing to listen to what he had to say. Surely this had to do with everything that was going on with his...OUR...demands.

“Well as you know I’ve talked to Alex Dillinger, well tried to talk to him I should say...needless to say he’s being quiet non compliant. We need to take action. We need to show that either we get what we’re demanding or there will be consequences.”

“I understand that, believe me I’m feeling it too Vin. I feel it everyday that I wake up and check the media outlets that give Battlegrounds rave reviews and everyone continues to talk about the Underground while management just brushes us off to the side not even allowing us on the pay-per-views to showcase what we’ve got. I feel it everytime I think about the people that have held the IWF championship belt. I’m the best in this business Vinnie and Alex Dillinger didn’t fucking sign me, you did. Corey Casey wouldn’t talk to me because I didn’t have an agent and Dillinger treated me the same. If you want me by your side I’m there all the way, no questions asked.”

He cracked a smile at me and grinned widely as he knew that we were about to shake things up. I liked Vinnie because he shared the same thoughts and ideologies about the business as I did. He genuinely cared about us as a roster and was like a father figure to us all. I had already developed a friendship with Vinnie and it was rare for me to even get close to people, I’ve always sort of done my own thing.

“I was hoping you’d say that. I need you to do me a favor though Dean, I need you to talk to the roster. You need to step in and be the leader, while I can be the power you need to be the voice and set the example for the rest of our roster. No one else is going to step in or have the guts to step up to the plate without you being the first to do so. Dean I’m asking you to lead this revolution and stand up for what is right in the world and for what is right for business.”

His words meant a lot and I was honestly flattered that he looked at me in such a way that he entrusted me to lead this group of “misfits” against the big dogs of IWF. All of my peers could more than likely hold their own but everyone was just too afraid to speak out and take action. If it was me needing to be the voice then so be it.

“I will be that man Vin. I will step up to the plate looking like Hack Williams belting out homers. I’m the man that’ll lead the charge for you, put me on the front line and watch me mow them all down one by one. I dare any of them to even TRY and stop me. Once I’ve had my mind set on something I always make it happen. This isn’t some joke or fucking hobby for me, this is my life, my passion and every ounce of me is put into my craft. Fuck everyone that doesn’t take this seriously enough. Let’s do this damn thing Vinnie. Consider it done. Tell me when and where and I’m there.”

Standing up from his seat he extended his hand with a shit eating grin and I took it in mine. Finally someone had enough faith in me to take a chance. We were about to do something incredible and no one had any clue. The future of the Underground was bright, I stood at the forefront like fucking Rudolph minus the lame antlers and faggy red nose. Vinnie did resemble Santa though.

THE SHOOT
ON CAMERA

Chicago, Illinois

“So it comes to this, Chris Cryptic and I teaming up to take on the team of Pariah and Kenneth Mathews. Does anyone really believe that Chris and myself will lose this match? I didn’t think so either. I’m the Underground Champion and well Chris Cryptic was the man to push me to my limits, the only man really if I’m being honest. So you’ll have to excuse me for not giving a flying fuck about Pariah or Kenneth Mathews.”

“Kenneth claims to be a rebel but I view him as a coward. Fleeing the country because you don’t like the way it runs itself? Things are much worse elsewhere Kenneth. America is full of fucking morons and that’s true but why not stay and stand your ground? Why not stand in the fire and fight the flames? I know why, you’re a pussy Kenneth. A great up and coming talent but nonetheless a pussy.”

“Pariah on the other hand is a fighter but when he opens his mouth everyone groans in horror, everyone just immediately feels embarrassed for the guy. Sentence after sentence he further embarasses himself digging his own grave. Fear a man that struggles to establish himself in a sea of average talent? Nope, not one bit.”

“You see while the world doesn’t want me to succeed and whatever powers may be continue to push me down I’m a resilient bastard that refuses to quit. I’ve clawed my way to this moment and being signed to the Underground was a huge mark in my career. However I’m not satisfied at all. This hunger it rages on and on.”

“Becoming Underground Champion, that’s nice. Becoming the IWF Champion, that’s the goal. While I continue to bury each and every superstar thrown in front of me it’ll only cement the fact that I am the best in this company, this business, this country, this world, and this endless fucking universe.”

“Dean Vandal is a man on a mission, a mission to be recognized as the best in the business and the best wrestler to ever exist. I will continue to show everyone every week that I am the man to take this business into the new era of professional wrestling.”

“I will do that this week on the Underground and WE will do that at From the Ashes. It’s time to let the world know not just about me but about us. It’s time we showed the people over on Battlegrounds that the Underground isn’t something to be ignored and spit on. I suggest that each and every member of the Battlegrounds roster beg Alex Dillinger to allow the Underground Championship to be defended at From the Ashes. If you don’t believe me things are going to get rough. We will show up to your grand event, we will cause a scene and we will make an impact that is felt for centuries when people talk about the moment that Dean Vandal and the Underground walked out and made names for themselves.”

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you…”

“The IWF is going to be experiencing a hurricane, our eyes are set on our target and we will not miss. Alex Dillinger, this is my final plea to you. I do not desire to push myself down anyone’s throat and I do not desire to have to succomb to such tactics but if pushed...if forced to show our hand we will do so. I will throw this fucking royal flush down on the table to show you that we’re not bluffing...then we’ll gobble up your entire stack of chips, that fancy new BMW included. The Underground is the superior and it’s time you realized it.”

“Pariah and Kenneth Mathews I don’t find either of you threatening so prove me wrong, make a statement this week and bring everything you’ve got in the ring. I won’t expect anything less. The two of you need to have complete focus because Chris and I are the class of the Underground. Show us you belong in the ring with us and let’s showcase to the world why the Underground has the greatest stars and the greatest matches.”

“Hell maybe even after I pin the both of you I’ll shake your hands and we can all walk away better men for it. You’re part of this roster and I want the both of you to walk into battle with us if I need to make the call and action needs to be made.”

“Yeah right who am I kidding, I will shake no man’s hand that I’m competing against no matter before or after. I’m not the touch gloves kind of guy. I fucking hate the friendly competition idea. It’s never like that for me. I go into matches like I’m going to war. Maybe the following week I’ll have had enough time pass by that I don’t hate you. For now though, Pariah and Kenneth just stay the fuck out of my way before the match and after the match until I come to either of you. Catch me in a bad mood and I’m likely to turn your lights out.”

“See you in MY ring…”
Back to top Go down
Chris Cryptic

Chris Cryptic

PostSubject: Re: Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal   Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:48 am

-Cryptic Chronicles (Off Camera)-

There is a first time for everything. Despite living in America for a fairly decent amount of time, I had never been to an old school American diner.  So when I learnt there was one nearby to my motel, I had to come have dinner here, despite how utterly shit this food is for you.  Fuck it, I can splurge for one night.  I am sitting at one of the booths, a plate of chips in front of me, as I bite into a massive cheeseburger.  Oh my god its fantastic.  I am wearing a sweat drenched grey singlet, a pair of black running shorts, and sneakers, as I ran here.  See, I am still be being somewhat healthy.  I hear footsteps approach me and I look up at the person, and am somewhat shocked to see that it is Dean Vandal, wearing a pair of old jeans, a plain hooded sweatshirt, and beat up sneakers.  He takes a seat across from me in my booth and just casually eats one of my chips.  Smug mother fucker. I put down my burger.

Chris Cryptic:Umm, hi Dean.  Not to sound rude, but what the fuck are you doing here?  

Dean Vandal: I’m fucking hungry...Underground Champion still looking for scraps to eat, pretty fucked huh?

Yeh him bringing up being Underground Champion doesn’t exactly put me in a happy mood, but it doesn’t look like he wants to start shit.  Eat my food? yeh, but not start shit.

Chris Cryptic: Yeh I suppose it is huh?

I pick up my burger and push my plate of chips over to him.

Chris Cryptic: There, go nuts.

I put my burger down on napkin as I warily look at Dean. Why is he here?

Dean Vandal: Oh no I’m good…

Dean finished off the chips quickly licking his fingers clean, must’ve been pretty hungry.

Dean Vandal: I didn’t come here to eat your chips Chris. You know it’s not like I hate you, for some reason people always seem to think I “HATE” people. Whatever. I just tell it how it is and find most people to be irritating. I like you because you’re in this business for the right reasons and you want to see this sport represented in a similar fashion that I do.

Tapping his fingers on the table Dean glanced over his shoulder oddly surveying the place before hunching forward as if he was about to let me in on some grand secret. His voice came out almost to a whisper.

Dean Vandal:But there are some people...some people that just don’t want to see any change. People that refuse to let us shine and show that we’re more than capable of competing against the so called stars on Battlegrounds. These people are the reason why I walk around with an empty stomach barely having enough money to survive just so I can keep my dream alive. I’m the Underground Champion and believe me when I say it that if it was you holding this belt instead of me you’d be feeling the same way. I don’t know your financial situation, I don’t care to, but I will say if it’s anything like mine then you’d know something has to be done...immediately. These guys are sitting there collecting on our blood, sweat and tears. Not only that but they’re NOT better than us, you and I BOTH know that Chris.

As much as what he is saying makes sense, I can’t help but hear alarm bells going off.  Why come to me with this? I mean I respect the man, but he is telling me this for a reason.  I have to be careful.

Chris Cryptic: I’m not sure if you know this or not, but not everyone on Battlegrounds is a politicking talentless cunt.  And you know, the fact that my best friend is the World Champion.

Sitting back up Dean went back into casual mode leaning against the booth with his arm up on top of booth’s headrest and the other on the table. He spoke to me in normal tone once more.

Dean Vandal: Yeah, yeah, yeah I know about you and Gordon. I have twitter, remember? But realistically he’s a talented wrestler and all that, he’s one guy. Who is going to be next in line to face Gordon Fury? Some guy that runs a mythical mafia organization with a splash of Twilight? The guy that works once a year and woke up finally realizing he couldn’t be a dragon and an adult anymore? The guy that acts like an asshole shouting out dick and fart jokes only to leave the company hanging right before it’s biggest pay-per-view? NO! There’s nobody on that roster that can even compare to me or you! Why can’t we get that opportunity? I understand having to develop when you’re shit but let’s face it Chris you and I both know that we’re in a totally different league than half of these fucks walking around with fancy clothes and bullshit catchphrases.

He is right.  I know if given the chance that I could beat Gordon and take his title.  And I know Dean could as well.  But “they” would never allow it. Woah, I need to calm down.  Dean is saying all the right things, he is charismatic as fuck, but I have been played before.

Chris Cryptic: Ok Dean you have made your point, but I am going to repeat my earlier question: Why are you here? I am well aware of how things are, and I agree with you to an extent, but there is nothing we can do about it. So why are you telling me this?

Hunching down again Dean looked to me with a serious look. This time he had a calm tone in his voice almost with a hint of excitement as he spoke almost to a whisper.

Dean Vandal: You’re aware of our GM Vinnie Paulos and his statements towards Alex Dillinger correct? Well in that folder one of the demands is to get us...me and you on From the Ashes in a rematch for the Underground Championship. Alex Dillinger failed to respond to Vinnie and still refuses to return his calls. We’re going to show up at FTA make a little noise and just let our presence be felt. You should be there with me, with US...you’re a helluva competitor Chris, you and I are the future of this company. Just come with us and air it all out. It’ll be good exposure for us and besides we both know once they see what we can do in the ring...the sky's the limit.

I put my elbows on the table with my arms up, resting my chin on my fists.

Chris Cryptic: “Make a little noise” huh? And how much trouble would we potentially be in from Mr. Dillinger for this “noise”? I know Underground isn’t much Dean, but its all I have in terms of wrestling, and I’m not going to risk getting fired and black marked by every company out there.

Dean shook his head with a disgusted look on his face as he hummed and hawed over my comments about being fired.

Dean Vandal: Fired!? Look the beauty of it Chris is that when Alex Dillinger and Damien Drake destroy each other in that Hell in a Cell he’ll need medical attention out of the building...Vinnie will be in charge. We will be acting on his command so to say. Besides from what Vinnie told me even if Dillinger was through the roof pissed off he’d hit us in our pocket books, let’s face it he can keep the lousy pennies. I want the spotlight, I want to prove that we’re the better than them.

We ARE better than them.  I have seen some of the “superstars” on Battlegrounds, and I know I could crush them beneath my heel given the chance.  The more Dean speaks the more this idea seems to be a good one.  But Gordon vouched for me to Alex.  Alex hired me with no prior experience because he liked what he saw, and Gordon convinced him.  It would be inadvertently shoving a knife into the back of my best friend.

Chris Cryptic: Where does Gordon fit into all of this Dean? You and I both know he isn’t part of the problem.

Nodding his head almost in agreeance Dean looked back up from the table towards me as he folded his tattooed hands in front of him.

Dean Vandal: I understand that Gordon is your best friend Chris. I also understand that he’s an awesome competitor as well. I don’t view him the way I view the other people hogging up spots because of what they’ve done before and yet fail to continue to produce now. Look at Alexander Remington, blowing every chance he’s been given and yet time and time again the red carpet is rolled out for him. It’s not right and we both know that. Now Gordon just happens to be the IWF Champion, that’s where he fits into all of this. He holds the ultimate prize, it’s as simple as that. Everyone wants it, you and I both.

I slowly nod, dropping my hands and leaning back in my chair thinking everything over.

Chris Cryptic: You are taking a huge risk with this Dean.  Not just with your plan, but bringing it to me.  You don’t need me for your plan to go ahead, and what if now I know what you are planning, I warn Alex, and try to stop you? You are way too smart to not have thought of that.

Suddenly Dean begins to laugh a bit and holds it in before opening his eyes once again looking towards me. Reaching across the table he grabbed my water taking a gulp.

Dean Vandal: Chris, if you were to do that it’d go against everything you stand for. You know as well as I that there’s nothing wrong with a group of people having a protest of sorts. Plus you could do that and when Dillinger is forced to the hospital it won’t matter much what he does or doesn’t know. Come on now Chris, let’s not play dumb. You aren’t sure you’re comfortable with going head to head with your pal Gordon. I get it, well I don’t really...never been much for friends, haven’t had the time or luxury I guess. That’s a different story for a different time though. Just don’t look at this as you going up against Gordon, look at this as you taking a stand for you career and the brand you wrestler for a represent. I’ve never really been given many opportunities in my life or maybe I have and they’ve just never been appealing enough for me to really get into. Whatever the case may be, this is an opportunity of a lifetime Chris. An opportunity of a lifetime really. We’re not a malicious group, we’re just going to air our grievances live on air. You tell me what’s so wrong with that?

I learn forward and study Dean’s posture and mannerisms.

Chris Cryptic: I’m not an idiot Dean, and I’m not a sheep.  You want my help?  You level with me, and you do it now.  We both know this isn’t going to be an Underground field trip to talk things out.

Running his hand through his dirty unkempt blonde locks Dean looked down with a smile before flicking his hair out of his face.

Dean Vandal: You know I didn’t think I’d need to come down here and talk as much as we’ve done. Don’t get me wrong despite popular belief I’m capable of holding a conversation but I figured that of all people in the locker room that YOU Chris Cryptic would jump at the chance to get your name out there and shake things up a bit. Yet you look across the table at me like I’m some sort of devious liar...a forked tongue demon even. I’m not your enemy Chris. You of all people should know that I’m one that’ll stab you in the front, never in the back. I’ve got two things in this world Chris, my balls and my word...and I don’t break them for anyone. If you MUST know every little fucking detail Chris then so be it...I’ll spill it all out here on the table. Personally I just thought you’d prefer things to be a little more...cryptic. Brandon Macdonald represents everything we dislike about IWF. You and I both know that the fact that he’s only working pay-per-views shows he doesn’t want to be here. I don’t know about you but he needs to get his and he needs to know that he can’t walk back into a company that fired him for incompetence, take its crown jewel and slither back out like a thief in the night.

Dean is obviously waiting for an answer, and I think I have made it.

Chris Cryptic: Yes, he does.  I wouldn’t go so far as to say I trust you, but as far as Underground and From the Ashes go I will have your back.  Speaking of, are you ready for our match this week?

Dean Vandal: Good to hear, it works out for your friend Gordon regardless. Consider us having his back in this particular situation. As for our match, I saw what we’ve got to go up against...I’m sort of impressed on occasion but they both leave a lot to be desired. I think Kenneth has the physical tools to do something and he can talk but I just feel a disconnect with his character to the point that I can’t even begin to fret about him. Then you’ve got Panera who I’m almost certain, shits himself anytime he has to pick up a microphone and stand in front of a camera. Now sure that has nothing to do with him in the actual ring but you faced him didn’t you? He seemed easy enough and only fairly talented. Shouldn’t be much of a problem the way I see it. They aren’t ready for us yet. Then again most of the roster wouldn’t be either.

He is right. I don’t know if I can trust Dean, but together we are nigh unstoppable.

Chris Cryptic: I have beaten both of them.  They are solid, but you are right: They aren’t ready for us.  Speaking of ready, I’ve gotta get back to training.

I go to stand up, and notice my burger and water still on the table.

Chris Cryptic: Dinner’s on me Dean, I’ll catch you later.

Dean Vandal:Sounds good. Keep it Cryptic!

I shake my head as I leave the diner. I can hear Dean wolf into the burger and a grin crosses my face.  Big things are coming, and like it or not, I am now in the middle of it.  The scene fades to black.

-The Throw Down (On Camera)-

I love old projectors.  Like legit, you can access some shit you would never even dream of on these old as fuck machines.  I’m dressed in my usual casual shit, as I stand next to the projector screen, watching it.  On the screen are montages of various tag team matches from companies throughout the world, specifically parts where wrestlers turn their back on their partners.  There have been some truly creatives methods of back stabbing over the years.

Chris Cryptic: Never really been a fan of tag team matches.  I know my own limits, my own skill, and I trust in my own abilities. I’m not overly keen on having the outcome of one of my matches in somebody else’s hands, especially considering the amount of things that could go wrong.  However I realised long ago that that is the nature of the beast, and the best you can hope for is getting a partner that you know will do his job.  This week, I got Underground Champion Dean Vandal.

Kenneth Mathews and Pariah, you guys really got the short end of the stick this week, no word of a lie.  I think I can go out on a limb here and say that NOONE expects you two to beat us on Underground, and I would be inclined to agree.  I mean look at the team layout.  The only hope you guys had is if Vandal and I let our ego’s get in the way, if I let my jealously cost us the match.  I hate to be a dream crusher, but Dean and I are very much on the same page, and while we might not be friends, we both respect each other as competitors, and don’t have to worry about the other letting the team down.  Not only that, but the more important thing is neither of us expect a knife in the back.

I point to the screen which shows a wrestler low blowing his partner from behind.

Chris Cryptic: Can you boys honestly say the same?  I mean from Kenny’s promo alone it is obvious there is no love lost between the two of you, and all it will take is one of you to look at the other the wrong way and your “team” in going to implode.

This is all of course, discounting the matter of individual skill.  I mean lets look at things shall we?  I have fought all three other people in this match, and I have beaten two out of three of you.  The man I lost to, is my partner, who proved, as of pinning my shoulders to the mat, that he is currently the best wrestler on the Underground roster.  

I know both of you have skill, and both of you made me fight for my wins, but honestly you guys are in a no win situation.  You are up shit creek in a sinking boat, and Dean and I are on the shore snapping the paddles in front of you.

Come Underground I will come one step closer to getting my rematch for the Underground title, by winning alongside the current champion.  Kenny and Pariah, you two will NOT stop me, and the Cryptic Age WILL continue.  I hope you are ready to throw down boys, because you can bet your arse that I am.

The scene fades to black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal   Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pariah & Kenneth Mathews [vs] Chris Cryptic & Dean Vandal
Page 1 of 1