Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde Empty
PostSubject: Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde   Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:07 am

WIN BY SUBMISSION
SINGLES MATCH
Sah'ta Thor
[vs]
Parker Wayde

RP MINIMUM: 500 WORDS
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde   Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 2:55 am

Parker's House
Just Another Day in the Life
Parker's Address

Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde 6zmp0p

-Parker-
So let's try this song and dance one more time, shall we? It didn't work out so well for Parker last time, but this time there really isn't going to be any stopping me.

Parker stands up from the leather office chair that sits behind his desk. He straightens himself and brushes off the front of his suit jacket. For whatever reason, the audience is treated to the look Parker sported back when he had the IWF Championship around his waist and a Hall of Famer at his side. He unbuttons the jacket, and looks up at the titles dangling above his head, but pauses for a second.

-Parker-
On second thought....

Parker holds the jacket together in the front and re-buttons it. He steps out from behind the desk, to show the matching grey dress slacks. The big man even had his shoes freshly polished. Parker turns his head to the side and audibly cracks his neck before straightening his light purple tie. He comes around to the front of the desk, and leans back on the front of it.

-Parker-
... why should I cut right to the point? There is no good that can come of me trying to simplify these things. This is From The Ashes that we are about to talk about, right? This is the biggest stage that IWF has to offer, and Parker has been around long enough to know that the atmosphere surrounding this show is something to behold. Here is a story, and it's even true, one year ago Parker walked into From The Ashes II and did not have the slightest clue what the hell he was even doing in the arena. I vaguely remember prattling on about myself in a video that I made right here in this room. I felt like I had to tell you people where Parker came from. Parker's academic record. Parker's past. The history that put me in this room, in front of you people, and on the biggest stage that I could dream of being on. Parker talked shit about every person on this roster because back then, Parker was trying to shatter the glass ceiling. Back then, Parker used to start his little videos with a similar message that Stygian did. Why? Why did Parker poke fun at the soon to be IWF Champion and his bi-sexual lady friends? Because back then Parker needed a foot in the door. Cody Taylor was on that hit list. Hostyle Jones made an appearance in that video. James Shark... I called him out for the first time at From The Ashes II and he turned Parker into a name that people recognized, even if it was as a punchline. It's funny to see that people like Chad Mason are popping up on IWF programming around this time. It's funny because he was the guy that was supposed to be leading Parker to the promised land one year ago. It was part of Parker's video that Chad Mason was going to drop off and become irrelevant once From The Ashes was over last year. It was a prediction of Parker's that Parker himself was going to be the one shining star from Natural Law that survived its collapse and fade into oblivion. Back then Parker spent his free time beating up people for a little side money, and trying to track down the one guy that he can't seem to get rid of now. It was also there, that Parker reached up high, and grabbed the Full Throttle Championship by beating the champion twice, in the same week. It's funny how some things change. It's funnier how some things don't.

He looks up at the dangling Full Throttle Championship. He had reached up and taken that belt down two weeks ago. He had planned on never putting it back up. He was going to rise above it by beating Thor and making him tap out when he had the opportunity. It wasn't in the stars. Parker flopped. The viewers can still see the pain of that on his face as he looks up.

-Parker-
I won my first title at From The Ashes II. Now, a year later, I find myself still haunted by it. That's right. Parker isn't afraid to admit it. That little piece of tin up there scares the hell out of Parker. He was on the grandest stage in IWF, and he walked away with something that he had earned. Jinx, the craziest son of a bitch IWF had ever seen had been slain by a rookie. Matt Rydell had come out with razor blades on his fists, and tried to cut himself a piece out of Parker. Chris Cane tried his best just to make sure his name got mentioned on the program. Parker carved a little something out of IWF and made it his own. I took that title with me, and then the very next time I was on IWF programming some bitch took it away from me. I held it in my hands, but I never really had possession of it. Parker made a name for himself on the big stage, but at the same time started his trend of being just another "transitional" champion. That title was a gift to me. A gift that I had earned. What it left to me, was a curse. A curse that meant that Parker could hold something, and not keep it. A curse that meant that once Parker accomplished something, he was destined to just fall off. Each prize that Parker won, the fall off got greater. The smallest belt in IWF caused Parker drop drop it within a week. The biggest prize? Parker couldn't win a match for over six months. What happened the next time that Parker took down the Full Throttle Championship? Another road block. Two weeks ago Parker took a big leap forward, and only got set back.

He unbuttons the jacket, and turns his back to the camera. Parker reaches down and puts his hand on the desk and put his foot up on the desk. He hoisted himself up onto the desk and then turned back around to face the camera. He looks down and straightens his jacket again, before re-buttoning it, for what seems like the 100th time. It was almost like Parker was intentionally trying to waste time. Maybe the subject really did bother him, and this was his way of slowly backing into it. The title was well within his grasp but he couldn't even look up at it.

-Parker-
Parker can't help but feel like Thor's days are running out. It's true that Parker took down this belt, and was going to use Thor to move himself past it. IWF threw an obstacle in his way. After a vicious back and forth between Thor and Parker, Parker found himself getting the better of the big man. That was when good ol' IWF threw a big softball in the mix and Parker hit it so hard he broke it. Thor got a reprieve. Then, when Parker asked for another shot, Thor put it off. Savannah started lurking about with him, and it was up to Parker to remove her from the equation as well. Two weeks. Two easy targets. Two people that submitted themselves to Parker. Parker can't help but to think that if he hadn't already taken out Frank Finelli, that he would have had to run through that guy as well. What about Kyuubi? The product of Thor's loins? Parker has been there, beaten that. The entire Empire of Blood, and anyone attached to them has already been walked over. Parker ripped this son of a bitch off the chandelier and his career took a step backwards, even while the winning streak continued. It was like someone put the glass ceiling back above Parker, and this time made sure it got reinforced. Instead of being able to crash through it by calling out a few of the big dogs, Parker is just banging his head against the wall and hoping that maybe one time he can put a crack in it.

He reaches up, without looking, and thumbs the leather strap of the belt. His hand slowly finds the brass clasps on the back, and he unsnaps it. At once, the belt starts to fall, but Parker's quick reflexes take over, grabbing the belt by the face plate and bringing it down without so much as looking at it.

-Parker-
To Parker, From The Ashes III is just another step on the path to redeeming himself. Parker would be lying if he said that he didn't see the bigger picture. One year ago, he was trying to prove something to all of you. I was trying to get you people to remember my name. I promised that one day I was going to be the guy that everyone looked at as the next Hall of Fame candidate, and I spent half of my career building that impressive resume. Look at the damn titles that hang above my head. I want you to remember that each one of those have been around my waist and that is something that less than a handful of IWF superstars can say for themselves. I may not have been the most successful champion, but I am the most successful superstar. When a title is within my reach, I always take it down. Without fail, not a single champion has been able to defend their belt when I am in the mix. The Full Throttle title, I took it from Jinx. The High Impact, I took it from Hostyle Jones. The IWF Championship, I took it from Stygian. The tag team belts, I ripped out of the hands of HFF and carried dead weight with me to do it. Not a single time has a championship escaped my grasp when I reached out to touch it for the very first time. There was no stopping me from holding each of these, there was only one thing stopping me from being able to hold onto them.

He holds up the Full Throttle Championship, the belt that would become the Uprising Championship, the belt that would be retired by Thor himself. The belt that Parker has even admitted haunts him. IWF's gift. His curse.

-Parker-
Since the moment I first touched this, I haven't been able to move past it. I am constantly reminded that the first of my accomplishments was nothing more than a six day title reign. I smacked my head against the glass and shattered it, but apparently I was never able to move through it. Come time for From The Ashes, there are no more obstacles separating me from beating what this title means, and moving past it. There aren't going to be any easy targets to take down. There isn't going to be any backtracking. It is me vs Thor. It is Parker vs the Full Throttle Championship, and there is only one way that any of this is going to end. Parker is going to have to make this title, this person, this glass ceiling, submit to his will. Thor is going to find himself either smacking the canvas in agony, for screaming at the referee that he quits. At the end of the night the man that prides himself on being in so many Halls of Fame in more companies than I have ever dreamed of competing in, is going to find out that he does not have what it takes to be Hall of Fame in IWF. He is going to learn that there is one man that has earned that next spot. He is going to understand, by the time the curtain has dropped, that there is no stopping it. One year ago Parker came to From The Ashes as "The Instant Imapact" and boy did he make a fucking impact. This year Parker is coming in as the fucking Grand Slammer that has made people tap out, or have their arm broken. "The Impact Player" is coming to From The Ashes III, and Sah'ta Thor is going to Just Tap Out.

He lowers the belt, and then hops down off the desk.

-Parker-
As for this championship? It is going to go in the fucking garbage after my hand is raised at the end of the night. This gift is going to be forgotten. This curse is going to be over. This glass ceiling.... is going to be broken. Once and for all Parker is going to move past what he set in motion one year ago.

Sorry Thor.

This is your FINAL CALL.
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde   Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:59 am

Last edited by P on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sah'ta Thor

Sah'ta Thor

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 6-0-3
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Clash of Titans   Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:57 am

~*~*~*~*~Convergence~*~*~*~*~

From the Ashes 3 was later the next night and things were going to be quite interesting as the question of where Sah'ta Thor could beat Parker Wayde would be answered. Yet, it would be an interesting match to say the least, particularly when one considered the stipulation that had been put onto the encounter. It was an stipulation that many would think favored Parker and it made Thor wonder if Alex Dillinger was getting back at him for his recent comments.

"So Parker we finally get to settle the burning question that is in your mind. Can you beat me? You and I both know that for all you bluster you are scared. Deep down you are completely obsessed with what management did to you while you were the Full Throttle Champion. You know I can respect that since in a lot of ways I can relate to that story. You come across as being ultimately prideful and arrogant while still managing to maintain just enough of your "oh poor me" mentality."

Thor falls silent for a minute as the inside of luxury jet comes into view. He was currently on the way home from a business over in Nottingham and would be touching down in the states in a few hours.

"I know I have been in something of an slight slump but frankly I know that I can shut Parker up at From the Ashes. He wants to make the same mistake that many other people have made over the years. Parker seems to think that just because he is bigger than me by a long shot that I will be a pushover in that ring. I hate to break it too him but I am not like anyone he has ever faced before. Oh sure he got a taste of my abilities in our triple threat match but frankly that isn't all that I am capable of."

Thor leans back in his seat while taking a drink from a water bottle.

"Parker you seem you are all big and bad because you have beaten my daughter Kyuubi. Well good for you man you showed how big a man you really are. So while you contemplate going to From the Ashes 4 as the defending champion I am. I know you are wondering what that maybe, but it is rather simple on the face of it. I am retiring from the business on August 1st, 2014. I am sure you can do the math but incase you can't, let me spell it out for you. From the Ashes 3 will be only FTA event I expect to wrestle on because this time next year I will be settling into a management position somewhere. So I have to ask, do you think that I am not going to lay everything out there in ring this weekend? Do you think I am going to let my only From the Ashes match go down as a loss? I don't think so Parker and like a cornered animal I will show just how dangerous I can be."

With that Thor falls silent as he sees Paige smiling at him in absolutely nothing. He looks around at the other three passengers and sees that they are in similar states of undress. He could finish this later.

~*~*~*~*~Press Coverage~*~*~*~*~

The press conference for From the Ashes had went well with some hard hitting questions. Questions that had make Thor reveal bit and pieces of his soul to the world. Pieces that many had to understand shaped him. Yet, he couldn't help but wonder what sort of reaction he would get at From the Ashes. He had been seen as the villain for so long that he wondered how people would react to his trying only trying to help the world. Now he knew that some things had been said before the press conference that had begun that he needed to address.

"Parker has pointed out that my time is running out in the wrestling world. Now as I said plainly and in a way that left no room for misunderstanding that I am retiring on August 1, 2014. Which makes this years From the Ashes all the more important since it going to be MY ONLY one as an active competitor. Well that is that the way I see it from where I stand at this moment in time. There is only one situation that will prevent my retirement on August 1st, 2014 and that is if I am holding an IWF Championship. THAT is the only way I will be in a match at From the Ashes IV. So you are right Parker, my time is running out in the ring and that should should scare you. I am a man who has nothing to lose in our match and everything to gain."

The camera turns to reveal the arena for the From the Ashes in the background. Thor starts to pace in the parking lot as a predatory smile crosses his lips. He was getting into the zone and he had so much more to say about his upcoming match.

"Now Parker I want you to understand something. I am NOT Kyuubi. I am NOT Savannah. I am not ANY of the people you have faced recently. Sure Parker you may have beaten all of the others in the Empire of Blood but that has no reflection on our match. In fact, the thing you have to remember is that I am NOT like anyone you have ever faced before Parker. Now I will admit that you have a sound technical background and have me beat in both weight and height but that is as much a strength and weakness. I hope I don't need to explain why it is a strength but I will go ahead and point out the weakness of your stature. You are slower than me and that is a fact Parker. So what if you are an IWF Grandslam champion? All that means is when I make you tap out in our match I will have taken out one of the company has to offer. Unlike Parker I am completely focused our match at From the Ashes and not on the things behind it. Unlike Parker, I don't have the curse of self doubt hanging over me for something that happened last year."

The self styled Sin Incarnate suddenly stops speaking as he stops to turn towards where Paige was standing with the video camera.

"I am not going to stand here and say that I am not thought about what will be happening after From the Ashes but on Sunday Night there is NOTHING besides what happens in that ring Parker. I won't be distracted by the thought of future or former opponents. I won't be distracted but the fact that I am the underdog in this match no matter how we look at it. No Parker I am going to use your disdain for me as a catalyst to unlock the savagery contained within my being. So what if this match is win by submission match? I am not just a harcore wrestler and that is something Parker is going to learn first hand that I have the ability to snap off a submission from anywhere. I am not just limited to the Heretic's Curse to make people tap out. No Parker you won't have the luxury of experiencing my submission finisher. No I will lock you in a Tree of Woe or maybe even choke you out with one of the few choke holds that I know. Hell, I may even lock in a crossface chicken wing and see how you react to that. Yet, either way Parker I am not going to just lay down and let you walk to victory. No I am going to fight you every step of the way and make you earn a victory and I know you will make me take the win by force."

A pause for breath allows Thor to glance over and see someone walking towards him.

"I know that both of us were asked about dream matches for From the Ashes. I know I probably pissed the high and mighty Parker off with my saying that a From the Ashes match against Steel Angel would be my dream. Well, i was under the impression the question was about a match that was already booked on the From the Ashes card. I know full well that no matter what happens in our match Parker we will be making an instant classic. So Parker I hope you enjoy the fact that Alex Dillinger handed you the match stipulation in the hopes that you would shut me up. We will see how that turns out now won't we Parker."

Savannah stepped into the shot now, joining Thor as she smiled at the camera.

"Hi Parker. I just wanted to drop by and tell you a little secret that almost everybody knows. Y'see last week at Battlegrounds Thor here told me to play nice with you.

Thor stands there with a smirk as Savannah continues speaking

"That's right, Parker. All that that you got from me was me 'playing nice.' Like I told someone else who will remain nameless. I don't do 'nice girl' that well. I'm a fuckin' BITCH."

[color:3655=7e2217]"Parker you don't even realize who you are dealing with do you? I manipulated you into this match and the whole time I made you think you were the one dictating things. Ask anyone from the now defunct Global Extreme Wrestling about my ability to play mind games with the roster. I am sure you will learn to fear the answer. Now Parker, I want you to think about something, we are more alike than you think and I want you to reflect on that until our match. I will be honest here Parker and admit we have both managed to piss of the IWF management. Sure we are talking different eras but come on it doesn't matter does it? We have both had management call OUR championships obselete. Yet, unlike you I have decided to be vocal about my disdain and I fully plan on turning my words into action soon enough. So Parker, my friend I hope you are ready for our match because history will be made at From the Ashes."

Thor looks over at Savannah with a grin and a raised eyebrow as he wonders if she had anything else to say in regards to the upcoming Pay Per View.

"You're wrong, Thor honey. You're nothing like Parker. You're better- in every way- including ways I'm never gonna get to judge because… hell because Parker that's why!"

"At From the Ashes there will be a Class of the Titans and we will see which one of makes the other tap out."

With that Thor nods to Paige who shuts of the camera. As the camera cuts out a From the Ashes hype video begins to play. Once this video comes to an end it is replaced by a video promoting the big King of the Cage tournament with a special notice that the sign ups were closing on September 2nd.
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde   Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:58 am

Off-Camera
August 25th 2013 [11:18 AM]
Richmond, VA - On The Move - Jay's Apartment
Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde Hvuo3k

JHalc:
My mom was a real nice lady

Jay is sitting in the passenger seat of Parker's new car. The way that he is sitting looks uncomfortable. With one knee pushed into the dash, and with his back actually placed half against the back of the seat, and half against the passenger door. Technically, he is facing Parker just as much as he is the front of the car, but there isn't nearly enough space to make it comfortable, especially given the bucket nature of the seats.

-Parker-
I don't care.

Parker's eyes were focused on the road. His hands tightened around the wheel as he knew that Jay was going to continue despite his lack of interest.

JHalc:
Come on, don't be like that. I mean real nice. Almost to the point where she had to be stupid. She just had that kind of blind faith in people that you can't help but admire.

-Parker-
I don't care.

Jay looked up, and noticed that Parker was glaring at him out of the corner of his eye. If Parker was wondering why the conversation was destined to continue, he only need consult his own rising blood pressure.

JHalc:
Which is funny.... I mean she was always running into problems head first, with only blind faith that everything would be ok.... She was an entertaining to see in action.

Parker made a hard left hand turn that slid Jay back into his seat. It was comforting knowing that he wasn't just staring Parker down anymore.

-Parker-
Why are we talking about your mom? Can we not just sit in silence until we get there?

JHalc:
No.

The answer came almost before Parker could finish asking the question. Jay saw it coming.

-Parker-
Why does everything have to be "fun"?

This time Jay didn't even get to start his question before Parker had an answer for it. Jay was always pressuring him about making these kind of journey's "fun" even if it meant at Parker's expense.

JHalc:
Why does your life have to be so boring?

-Parker-
... because I like it that way.

The GPS on the dash beeped and got Parker's attention. He had hated the condescending voice that came installed on it, so had Jay reprogram it just to beep when there was a change of direction. It was ironic that the man trying to force conversation was the one that had stopped the inanimate object from speaking. This time it wasn't because they were making a turn, or needing to change lanes. It was beeping because they had arrived at their destination. Parker pulled off to the side of the road and looked up at the building to his left, and then to Jay.

JHalc:
Home sweet home.

He moved to get out of the car, and Parker grabbed him by the shoulder, stopping him.

-Parker-
You expect me to believe that this is really the place? You have more money put away than I do. This is the projects man.....

Jay couldn't help but laugh.

JHalc:
That is the single whitest thing I have ever heard you say. You afraid or something?

-Parker-
Nah, it ain't like that. More like "what the fuck were you thinking." This isn't your style.

Jay seemed to consider it for a second, and Parker thought he was on the verge of actually agreeing with him for once.

JHalc:
On the contrary, I think this is exactly my style.

Jay pulled his arm away and stepped out of the car. Parker killed the engine and checked his side mirror before even thinking about opening his own door. Once he saw that the coast was clear, he stepped out and carefully closed the door. Jay noticed Parker's soft touch with the door, and immediately slammed his own. For a second, he saw the fire burn in Parker's eyes, but it faded quickly. Parker's ability to deal with his shit was getting better by the day.

-Parker-
You have a house in San Diego. I mean I should know... I trashed it.

JHalc:
Yea, and to thank you for that, I moved to Richmond, so that I was only three hours from you. Then when you were busy being beaten by Blyss Lockhart overseas, I stole your car and crashed it into a tree.

Parker felt his eye twitch at the mention of his totaled impala. He had just bought it and pimped it out before Jay got a hold of it. He hadn't even driven it a thousand miles, and then it was gone.

-Parker-
You don't have to remind me.

Parker came around the car and Jay lit a cigarette, while looking up at the building.

-Parker-
Two questions: What floor? How much stuff?

Jay had said he needed to move all of his stuff out before the end of the day. Who knows how long the owner had actually given him? He couldn't be trusted to tell the truth about anything, even the simple things.

JHalc:
The first floor, three doors down from the office. I should be able to get everything by myself.

-Parker-
Then remind me again why I am here?

JHalc:
Have you seen this place? I could get stabbed in a place like this.

-Parker-
That's racist.

JHalc:
No. It's racist that you thought I meant by a black person.

Jay took one last hit from his cigarette and threw it on the ground. He hadn't even smoked half of it, so Parker didn't even know why he had lit it. There had only been a handful of occasions that Jay actually smoked in front of him. It was a habit that Parker was never meant to understand. The two men walked towards the door. On either side of it were a group of kids. None of them could have been older than fifteen, and the youngest was probably somewhere in the neighborhood of ten. Jay came within a few steps of them and pulled something from the front pocket of his pants. He turned on his heel just a arm's reach from the door and threw something at Parker, that he only caught out of instinct, and maybe a little luck.

JHalc:
BLACK MAN WITH A GUN EVERYBODY RUN!

Parker looked at the object he had caught and noticed that it was indeed a handgun. It had been scrapped all to hell on the outside, any markings were long erased, it was doubtful that it would even fire. He turned it in his hand, and realized that something was off about the weight. However, he then noticed the scrambling children, and snapped back to reality, tossing it on the ground as Jay laughed hysterically while leaning against the door. Parker immediately dropped the weapon, but it was too late. The kids that were standing around were long gone. Jay surged forward, almost reaching the weapon before it hit the ground, and then wincing really hard, and looking away once it hit the ground.

-Parker-
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!

JHalc:
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!

They both sounded equally irate. Jay carefully picked up the weapon by the handle, and held the barrel away from them. He gave it a hard shake, and then let out a heavy sigh of relief. Parker was still staring at him with hate filled eyes, but couldn't help but be slightly curious what it was that Jay was so angry about.

JHalc:
You can't just throw these things on the ground man. You could have hurt someone. The trigger spring is real lose. It can literally go off for like... no reason.

-Parker-
Then why the hell would you throw it at me?

Jay opened his mouth, but then shut it. If he was honest with himself, he would have to say that he hadn't really thought about that beforehand. That would have made a normal person feel guilty. This was Jay we were talking about though. It only made the situation funny to him.

JHalc:
Did you see the looks on their faces? Man that was priceless.

-Parker-
Yea. Priceless. Pretty sure it was also a felony.

Jay carefully put the handgun back into his pocket and turned back for the door. He turned the handle and gestured for Parker to go through.

-Parker-
.... like I would trust you to stand behind me....

He considered Parker's words, but couldn't come up with a retort worth saying. Jay pushes the door hard into the wall behind himself and then steps through the open doorway. The door starts to close, and Parker considers waiting outside. Just before it gets out of reach, Parker grabs it and steps through. Jay is already at the end of the hallway, fiddling with a door handle. The doorway above reads "Maintenance" with ignites Parker's curiosity.

-Parker-
What are you doing?

Jay has something jammed into the key slot of the handle. He squares his shoulders to the door and takes a step back. In on swift motion he kicks the object into the handle, shattering the locking mechanism within. He pulls the object from the door knob and throws it to Parker. He catches it easily, its a black metal chopstick, probably just thin enough to fit through the slot. Jay looks at him with a smile on his face.

JHalc:
I forgot my key.

-Parker-
So you shatter the lock on a maintenance door? What good is that going to do?

Jay turns back to the door knob, and grabs the handle before shooting another sarcastic grin at Parker.

JHalc:
It wasn't about the lock....

He pulls on the knob, and it comes off easily. Parker can see that the stick went all the way through, and kicking it had knocked the knob off the inside of the door. Jay reached into the empty hole, and pulled the chamber out, popping the door open.

JHalc:
I loosened the screws on the inside a few weeks ago when he left the door open.

Jay goes through the door and opens a cabinet on the wall and starts tinkering around in it. As Parker approaches the doorway, he sees that the cabinet is filled with keys. One for every apartment in the building, and at least two dozen others that went to various locks around the building. Before Parker can get a good look, Jay finds the one he is looking for, and pulls it from the hook, before slamming the cabinet closed. He turns to the door, and motions for Parker to get out of his way. The big man obliges, and steps away while Jay picks up the door knob off the floor. He closes the door and carefully positions the knob so that it appears to be functional.

JHalc:
See? Just like new.

-Parker-
For some reason I don't think your landlord will see it that way.

JHalc:
Former* landlord, and who cares, I will be long gone before he can blame me. Likely, he will think it was whatever black man that was wielding a firearm and scaring the children outside.

-Parker-
You mother fucker....

JHalc:
Think they recognized you?

Parker sat there for a second contemplating it, but shrugged the thought off. Even if they did recognize him, there is no way that anyone would believe those kids. An IWF superstar breaking into a slum? The week of From The Ashes? It was doubtful. Likely everyone thought he was already in New York, which he would have been if not for this stop.

-Parker-
Can we get this shit over with now?

Jay was already down the hallway and had stopped just short of a door that was left ajar. He pressed himself against the wall next to it, and strained his neck towards the opening, listening for any sound coming from inside. Parker noticed his cautious stature and lowered his voice to a near whisper.

-Parker-
This one yours?

JHalc:
Yea. The door's already open though.

Jay replied in such a low whisper that Parker almost missed what he said. Slowly, Jay reached into his front pocket and pulled out the handgun that he had thrown at Parker just moments before.

-Parker-
You really think that's necessary? What are you going to do? Kill some kid?

JHalc:
Shut up and watch my back.

Jay pushed the door open just far enough to slip through, and entered the room without making a sound. Parker followed, easing the door open a little further to fit his larger frame through the opening. Once inside, Jay careened his neck to look down the hallway and into the bedroom. The light was coming through the window, and the room was lit enough for him to tell that there was nobody in it. He looked back to Parker and pointed towards the other side of the apartment, which was a half wall that separated the kitchen from the common area. Jay eased further down the hallway and peered around the corner to look in the bathroom, there was nobody there either. Parker stretched over the half wall far enough to see that there wasn't a soul in the kitchen either. The two of them came together in the common area, both shrugging their shoulders and shaking their head to say they hadn't found anything.

JHalc:
Well that's a load off my mind...

As Jay said it he threw the gun down on the couch that separated the two of them. Parker saw the gun fly through the air, and his heart skipped in his chest. In a flash, he threw himself down on the floor behind the couch, and covered his head with his hands as he smacked the floor. By the time the gun landed on the sofa, Parker was out of any possible blast range, but was surprised to not here the firearm go off.

JHalc:
What the fuck are you doing down there, this place is filthy.

Parker turned onto his side, and exhaled heavily, his life had flashed before his eyes, and now Jay thought it was some kind of sick joke.

-Parker-
What the fuck is wrong with you man? You said that thing had a loose trigger.

Jay laughed quietly, and then picked the weapon up off the couch. Parker sat up, and leaned against the wall still trying to get his heart to stop jumping out of his chest. Jay came around the sofa with the weapon in his hand, and then sat down on the back of the couch, facing Parker. He looked down at the weapon, feeling the outside of it, and then taking hold of the hand grip and putting his index finger across the trigger. Jay looks up from the weapon, and makes eye contact with Parker wearing a sick smile. He starts to turn the weapon towards Parker, and at once the superstar's blood rushes to his face. He tries to form words, but none come. He tries to move, but finds himself stuck in one place.

JHalc:
What did you want to do before you died Parker?

Parker's mouth opens, but he can't find the words. The terror sinks in and he can't help but think of all the times he had told himself that this was going to happen. He knew Jay was unstable. He knew at some point he was going to tip over the edge. Parker had nightmares about this moment and now he was here. It was happening right in front of him.

JHalc:
Time's up.

Parker watched his hand tighten. It could have only been a fraction of a second, but to Parker, every muscle in Jay's hand took decades to finally move. This was what hell was going to be like, Parker was sure of it. With a smile on his face, Jay pulls the trigger.

JHalc:
Goodbye old friend.

At the last minute Parker closes his eyes, and accepts his fate. He draws a final breath and waits for the shot. His ears don't hear the blast. His face feels the force of the blast, but not from a fire arm. A jet of water comes out of the barrel and hits Parker between the eyes. Parker's head snaps backwards, a muscle reaction that was mostly involuntary. He exhales heavily, taking a breath that he didn't think he was going to be able to take moments ago, and then opens his eyes to see the trademark smirk on Jay's face. His friend stands up, and drops the gun into Parker's lap as he heads into the kitchen.

JHalc:
Now... for what we came here for.....

Parker turns the gun over in his hands. He figures out at once why the weight felt so off when he had held it in what seemed like hours ago. He squeezes the hand grip tightly, and it pops open easily. The roll of quarters that Jay had wedged into it falls through the crack in the bottom that was previously only held together by paint. How could he have been so stupid?

-Parker-
I'm going to fucking kill you.

His tone was calm, but Jay knew that he sounded a lot more dangerous that way.[/color]

JHalc:
I've already been dead once before. Another time won't hurt too bad.

[i]Parker slides the watergun across the floor and it stops somewhere under the couch. He gets to his feet and brushes himself off before turning towards the kitchen. Jay opens the freezer door and reveals a safe held within. He places the key he took from the maintenance closet into the slot, and turns the handle, opening the safe. Parker rolls his eyes when he sees what is inside. The old XWA World Championship. Jay was the last man to hold it, and when the company changed the design, he had stolen the original. Who knew that he had held onto it for all these years? That thing was thought to be long lost to his madness.Jay tosses it into a bag on the counter and then zips it up. He leaves the key in the safe and slams the freezer door closed. He turns to Parker.

JHalc:
You didn't shit your pants did you?

Parker wasn't going to dignify that with a response.

-Parker-
That it?

JHalc:
Ready when you are.

Parker turns and walks out the door. He is relieved that he didn't die in a place like this. In a way, he felt reborn again. He felt... fresh. Jay comes through the door behind him, and out into the hallway without closing the door.

-Parker-
You gonna get the door?

JHalc:
Nah.... I never close it.

Jay laughs hard and rushes past Parker in the hallway. Before he can get out of reach the big man catches him in the back of the head with a right handed slap that knocks his hat off and onto the ground. Jay falls forward, and keeps cackling as he reaches for the hat. He lifts it from the floor and puts it back on his head before he turns to Parker.

JHalc:
You should have seen your face....

-Parker-
Man.... fuck you.

The two leave the soon-to-be-condemned building laughing. Parker remembered why he used to like having Jay around. There was never a dull moment. Not even in near death experiences.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Parker-
That was almost painful to have to sit through....

He is talking about the press conference. Less than 24 hours before the show is scheduled to start and Parker is making another video? It could only mean that the things he heard from the reporters has him flustered, or rather, irritated.

-Parker-
Then again, I suppose I wasn't actually sitting. I wasn't even in the room at all. That is the good things about satellite interviews, they can be over as soon as I want them to be over. I couldn't have been the only one to hear the echo. If I was Sah'ta Thor, I would be laughing at Parker. Hell, Parker doesn't doubt that you were all laughing. What kind of person asks about a loss that hasn't yet been marked on the books? What kind of person is going to open their mouth and raise a question, if doing so is going to upset the pleasant balance heading into the match? Thor had his half loss to Parker. Parker had his small victory. To ask such a pointed question about how it was going to feel when Parker lost, got my attention. Normally Parker makes it a point not to consider the possibility of losing. From the moment he sees the card, the only thing that Parker let's come to mind is how he is going to feel when his hand is raised at the end of the match. Even on that six month string of losses, Parker never once went in thinking about losing. B-Mac mentioned something about going into a match thinking about losing being the quickest way to actually losing, but Parker is going to have to disagree. See, Mr. ImaJackOv made Parker look at himself in a new light. He made Parker consider the other side of the coin, so to speak. What if Parker lost? What if, maybe, he couldn't pull another rabbit out of the hat?

He rocks back in his office chair by straightening his legs out on the desk. Parker looks up at the ceiling and seems to let his mind wander. He blinks, and keeps his eyes closed for a few seconds before biting his lip as if in some kind of deep thought. Maybe he really didn't know what to say. Maybe, for once, the flustered exterior matching the interior. If this wasn't all some elaborate act, Parker would be in trouble come time for the bell to ring.

-Parker-
This road that I have been on, the one back to the top, has been so easy, from the outside, looking in. You even heard it in the press conference. People think that Parker has lost a step, and that is why he is playing ball with the bottom tier of the roster instead of "being in the title hunts." People think it as a sign of decline, that Parker is close to the opening of the shows.  The thought of losing, at this level, never came to mind. If Parker is honest, Parker will have to admit that it was the loss to Blyss Lockhart that broke his spirit and made him consider starting from scratch, but he did so because competing in the middle, and not having "it" was going to be detrimental to his career...

He stops, as if realizing that he is on the verge of incoherent rambling. His thoughts are clear in his head, but they are are muddled before he can get them out. He starts in one place, and before the end he has turned around so many times he can't remember what he was trying to say. In his head, he flashes back to all of the days that Edwin was stuffing him full of medication that made him feel like this all the time. One sour interview apparently had the same effect as a handful of pills. He could feel his hard shell exterior crumbling. The image of himself that he was trying to project was getting lost.

-Parker-
Competing and winning, is better than competing and losing, right? Losing somewhere in the middle, means that you are on your way to being forgotten about. Winning easy in the opening means that you are heating back up, right? Isn't that was this was all about?

He seems to be talking more to himself than he is the camera.

-Parker-
If I have come this far, only to lose in the first big step, was any of it actually worth it? I sent myself to the bottom and got my confidence back, but what is to say that Parker has what it takes now, when he didn't have it then. Sure, Parker can crack a joke, and skirt a question, but when he starts to fixate on it, it becomes a cancer that just eats at that confidence that he had been building. I guess that maybe B-Mac was right after all. After all this time of thinking that the founding fathers of IWF were asshats that were past their time before my time even started, and one of them finally says something worth listening to, right before I step into the second biggest event of my life.

Parker puts his feet down and sits up, finally turning back to the camera.

-Parker-
What it boils down to is that I was made to consider something that I had never thought about before this day. I had never thought of losing. Not when any of those titles were on the line. Not when Stygian told me that I couldn't win, but I had earned his respect, and damn sure not when I was told that I had the fastest drop off in IWF history. Yet, here I am, near fucking ranting at a camera, unable to find the right words, all because some fuck managed to find the right question, at the right time. Here's the deal though. From the moment that I switch off this camera, this conversation never happened. This question was never on my mind. Someone managed to fuck me up right before the show, but the problem is they gave me too much time. When the bell rings, I will have long filed this conversation into the "shit I don't care about" part of the memory warehouse. It isn't going to be on my mind. My father is laying in a bed in Winston-Salem and I am here, in New York talking about some match that isn't going to make an impact on the overall rating of the show. If I can keep that off my mind, a question like this is going to be pretty fucking easy to shake. I said at the beginning of the week that I was going to walk in, knowing that I was going to shake this Full Throttle curse, and regardless of that little fucking press conference, I intend to do just that. I called out Thor, and I told him that this was going to be his FINAL CALL. Before this press conference I was determined. Now that I have had some time to stew about it, I am pissed off.

He stands up and throws the desk chair backwards before walking about to the front of the camera.

-Parker-
I want to tell you one thing. I have broken a man's arm, with a smile on my face. I ended a match like that when I was in the most pleasant of moods. What do you think is going to happen now? You got Parker nice and ruffed up right before the show, and you think it is going to accomplish something? This wasn't about the two of us, Thor. This was about just another step on the road for me. This was about Parker vs Parker. Parker vs a curse, and the very least. This was only as personal as the title belt that Parker has painted on your back. It's about something that you represent but that you don't even hold. I can't describe to you, in words, what this match was going to be about for me, but now... now it has taken on a new meaning. You had a question thrown at me to play mind games, and congrats to you, it worked. You have my attention. Don't think that means anything better for you though. You have managed to get under my skin, which I am going to have to congratulate you for some time in the near future. Hell, while I am snapping your fucking arm off I might even whisper a little thank you into your ear.

Fuck you Thor.

From The Ashes III is going to be a real painful night for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Off-Camera
August 25th 2013 [8:12 PM]
Winston-Salem, NC - Hospital
Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde 20sbvh3

Jay sits in his corner of the room. At this point he didn't even sit in the chair anymore. The counter had become his perch. He looks over and sees the chest of Parker's father rise, and fall. The man was breathing heavy but snoring softly. He had regained consciousness just after Jay had returned from his trip with Parker. Jay didn't have it in him to call Parker and give the good news though. That would have been too easy. He puts his head against the wall and closes his eyes, but just before they shut he sees a figure move across the room. The light caught her hair. It was naturally red. The blonde streaks in it was what was fake. He wondered for a minute how many people thought it was the other way around. She moves to the side of the bed, and reaches down, checking the old man's wristband and then smiling to herself.

JHalc:
You're pretty sick aren't you.

She didn't jump. She wasn't startled. Her voice was calm as could be, and she didn't even look up from the old man.

???
I'm not the one sitting with a dying man in a dark room.

Jay was impressed. He had at least hope for some kind of knee jerk reaction. Here he was about to nod off, and this beauty got dumped in his lap. It was someone to have fun with.

JHalc:
I'm here if obligation. You're here of interest.

???
Visiting hours are over.

JHalc:
I won't tell if you don't.

She considered it and then shrugged her shoulders, turning her attention to the old man's IV fluid bag. She pulled the chart off the side of the bed and examined it against what she was seeing.

???
Sounds reasonable.

She pulled a pen light from her front pocket and used it to illuminate the chart, looking from it, and up to the IV. The extra light allowed for Jay to get a good look at her face. She was.... He couldn't even think the words.

JHalc:
Going to introduce yourself?

???
Hadn't planned on it. You going to ask my name?

JHalc:
Hadn't planned on it. [he paused and considered his next move] You're a med student.

???
Good guess.

He was starting to realize how irritating it was to talk to himself. Here before him stood the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, and that was saying something, and her responses only made him more interesting.

JHalc:
It wasn't a guess. You clearly aren't a doctor. So you know who he is?

???
I am almost offended.... but yea, his kid is a big deal around here.

She drops the chart back onto the side of the bed and finally turns to face him. He has his hat pulled down, and it casts a shadow over most of his face. It helped that she already knew who he was, and more importantly, why he was here. She would be lying to herself if she said her interest in this room was strictly about the old man.

JHalc:
He's an idiot,  trust me.

???
I wouldn't dare.

Again Jay is back on his heels. Normally people broke down, or gave in by now. She wasn't only putting up with him, she was toying with him. There was something in the air that the two of them both felt, and it made it all the more difficult not just throw in the towel.

JHalc:
Aren't you people supposed to wear name tags?

He was determined to get her name out of her, without directly asking.

???
Yes.

She was just as determined to not give it. Losing this game meant losing his interest all together. That wasn't what she had come in for.

JHalc:
What are you studying?

???
Medicine.

JHalc:
Clearly.

Another stalemate. Jay was starting to understand why Parker got so tense during their conversations.

???
You ask a lot of questions.

JHalc:
You give a lot of answers.

???
But not the one you want.

She gripped the pen light in her hand. The stress of the situation had her completely locked up. Her heart was racing, and she knew that any moment she wasn't going to be able to keep the game going.

JHalc:
I lied. I said you were sick. You aren't. Deranged would be a better word.

It was time to pick up the pace a little bit. Pushing into insulting territory would break her. If the light was actually hitting his face, she would see that he was having no easier of a time.

???
Quinn.

There it was. His first win of the night.

JHalc:
First or last?

Quinn
The only one you're getting.

... and with that the field was leveled again. She wasn't going to budge any further, and he knew it, but he couldn't keep her interested in the conversation without changing the subject.

JHalc:
Are you going to tell him?

Quinn
You mean you haven't already?

Quinn already knew the answer. She laughed so hard that she rocked forward off of her heels and onto her toes. Here he sat, holding a man's life in his hands just because he could. He even allowed himself a chuckle.

JHalc:
I hadn't gotten around to it.

She stopped laughing and made a move for the door.

Quinn
You should. The guy should know that his father is awake.

JHalc:
I figure the best time to drop that bomb would be right before he steps through the curtain.

She stopped, and feigned a scolding look that he immediately knew was disingenuous.

Quinn
... and you said I was sick.

JHalc:
I amended that.

Quinn
Yea. Deranged. Same thing.

JHalc:
One sounds curable. We both know that isn't the case with either of us.

Technically he was right. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of telling him though. She needed an out to the game. He wasn't going to let her go, and she didn't really want to leave, but there was no way that either of them could keep the game going any longer tonight.

Quinn
Isn't that your phone ringing?

He looks down at his lap to see that his phone had lit up. It was Parker calling... the kid was the ultimate cockblock. Jay looks up and the girl is gone. He didn't even hear her leave. He frowned as he accepted the call. He wouldn't be able to manipulate the situation after all.

JHalc:
Fuck...

Parker was about to go on to the biggest stage of them all... and he was going to do it just after getting the good news he had been waiting for.

-Parker's Father-
Give me the damn phone and go after that girl.

Jay laughed, and then chucked the phone across the room. It hit the man in the stomach and he reached up and took a hold of it. Jay didn't know when he had woken up. He was always better at playing games than Parker was. He had probably heard more than Jay had hoped, but less than he feared. That was in the back of his mind though. Parker was going to get his closer before stepping in front of millions. Jay was going after something that he finally wanted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde   Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sah'ta Thor [vs] Parker Wayde
Page 1 of 1