Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redemption-Part II

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Redemption-Part II Empty
PostSubject: Redemption-Part II   Redemption-Part II I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:09 pm

OOC: Previously…
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/t2875-redemption-pt-1

Redemption-Part II 25znout

…+++…:::…+++…
…+++
The Monologue :::…
…+++…:::…+++…

They say at the end you begin to think about the beginning…I never truly understood why though. I mean, you would figure that at the end of something that has been such a massive part of your life for so long that you would think about all the things that you’re going to miss about it, ya know? You’d figure that you would sit around and think to yourself, “damn, I am going to miss spending time with the boys in the back and I’m going to miss the roar of the crowd and the feeling of being the champ one more time.”

Maybe that’s what they mean when they say that in the end you begin to think about the beginning. Because, looking back on it now, I am going to miss the roar of the crowd, the feeling of championship gold sitting on my shoulder, the hint of envy in the eyes of my opponents as I shift that title like I have fucking Tourette’s. Looking back on it all, I do feel a bit of a pang of sadness as I prepare to wrap things up once and for all…

But the difference between me and any other person on this planet, is that I have so much to atone for before I am allowed to hang up my spurs for good. I have wrought so much evil and wickedness over the course of my career that it just wouldn’t be right if I just turned and walked away from the game the way it is now. I have hurt so many people…some of them deserved the pain I inflicted on them…but a majority of those people didn’t. A majority of the people that I hurt were simply casualties of war in my eyes…pawns that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I am...or was, rather…a sick man. I suffered from hallucinations that I believed to be real. I heard voices screaming at me from the darkest parts of my mind to inflict pain and suffering on all those who stood before me. I was angry…always so fucking angry. All it took was the slightest thing to send me careening over the edge like a mad man, ranting and raving and screaming from the rooftops about the coming of God and my belief that I was some sort of “Lord.” I didn’t see that there is more to life that inflicting suffering…I didn’t see that there was more to life than bringing death and destruction to my enemies.

I guess at the end…we really do look back at the beginning…and when I look back at my beginning…hell, when I look back at a majority of my entire CAREER…I see that I have done more harm than good. Yes, I helped to create IWF…but that doesn’t absolve me of the sins that I have committed in the past. Before I retire, I need to go back and reconcile and atone for all that I have done. Before I walk away from professional wrestling forever, I need to right the wrongs of my past.

But in order to do that, I need to delve back into the darkness that clouded my mind for so long. In order to be at peace with my inner self and become the symbol that IWF needs me to be, I need to right the wrongs of my past and expunge the sins from my record.

I heard a saying recently that, for one reason or another, truly stuck with me. The character in this movie I saw was taking to the main villain and she said “It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out.” The main villain goes on to taunt her to some degree before the character essentially turns the whole thing around on him, but that’s not the point here. The reason I mention that quote is because, much like the character in that movie, I too have a lot of red in my ledger that I’d like to wipe out. I too have a lot of horrors that sit and wait for me to close my eyes before they creep up and turn my dreams into nightmares.

This is my one chance to seek Redemption

My one chance to set things right before I take my final curtain call and IWF, the thing I have fought for, bled for, broken my body for, shed years off my life for, and, in more ways than one, have died for, finally gets to ride off into the sunset and its legend becomes complete.

The circle must be closed

The monsters that have haunted IWF since its inception must be destroyed

Both of them

This is my story

…+++…:::…+++……+++…:::…+++……+++…:::…+++……+++…:::…+++…

Act Three: Salvation’s Sole Survivor

I look down at my wrists and ankles, which were shackled together with cold steel. Shackles…there was a time when I would’ve entered this city like a hero returning from war. They used to throw parades for me whenever I returned from a successful title match or whenever I had struck a blow for Salvation against the rest of the world. There was a time when I was in charge of this city’s defenses, planning and plotting to repeal the onslaught of enemy forces. There was a time when my legions of faithful followers would line these streets and throw rose petals at my feet.

But now here I was, walking through the streets in the City of Salvation…the city that I helped to make successful…the city that I helped to make a reality…in shackles.

Oh, how the times have changed

The guards had spotted me when I was no less than 100 yards away from the city’s walls. They had come down and, without even stopping to ask what I was doing here in the middle of nowhere or why I had come to the City of Salvation, immediately slapped some shackles on me and dragged me through the city’s gates. Then again, a part of me had expected things to go down this way.

Salvation had always been about paranoia. Salvation wouldn’t work if everyone was sane or if everyone who followed Salvation’s teachings had a mind of their own. When Brenton had come up with the idea for Salvation he, of course, put himself above all others, proclaiming himself God. Brenton claimed that Salvation would offer believers a chance at redemption…a chance at a better life and a chance to make their lives have meaning. However what Brenton was really doing was feeding off the paranoia of others.

Brenton saw that people were scared that their lives didn’t have meaning. Brenton saw that people were ready to believe that he was a God in order to try and give their lives direction and purpose. Brenton preyed on people’s paranoia of dying cold and alone and offered them a chance to “be a part of something greater than themselves.”

The two guards marched me through the city streets, allowing me a chance to take in the sight of the burned out and decrepit looking buildings. The City of Salvation had once been a gem in the middle of the vast wasteland, a hidden city whose occupants lived, ate, slept, and breathed Salvation. The City of Salvation, at its height, even boasted a massive sports complex where the annual NLWF City of Evil Pay Per View was held. But that was long ago…now, the City of Salvation was a husk of its former self…a massive collection of ruins that were a testament to the failure that Salvation had become

The guards march me down Main Street to the massive square in the middle of the city. In the middle of the massive town square, a wrestling ring had clearly been hastily constructed. Inside of the wrestling ring, a number of lethal looking weapons were strewn about. However my gaze wasn’t drawn to the ring, it wasn’t drawn to the weapons…my gaze was riveted on the figure standing in the center of the ring.

The figure was wearing a long black robe with a large, blood red cross on the back. His back was to me and he was talking to two hooded and robbed followers in front of him, but the aura that radiated from him was all I needed to see to know exactly who the figure was. I whisper his name softly to myself, feeling each syllable fall from my tongue like poison

Corey Casey
Brenton Cyrus

The figure continues to ignore my presence as the guards march me over to the ring and direct me to climb inside. I look at the guard to my right and hold out my wrists

Corey Casey
Gonna be kind of hard for me to climb with these on, bud

The guard reaches into his pocket and takes out a small key. The guard swiftly releases me from my shackles and, once again, motions for me to climb into the ring. I nod my head and give the guard a wink, trying my best to give off a despondent and relaxed vibe while masking the anxiety I felt within.

Brenton finishes talking to the two followers in front of him and dismisses them with a wave of his hand, keeping his back to me. Silence hangs in the air, the moment seemingly taking on a life of its own. I can feel the pressure all around me as I slowly turn my head and take in the gravity of the situation before me. I was unarmed, in the heart of the City of Salvation, with a hundred or so followers of Brenton’s cult gathered around the ring…not to mention that, standing in the ring with me, was the single most dangerous and psychotic man on the planet.

Eh, I’ve faced worse odds…not much worse, but still, worse

Brenton Cyrus
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…there is no one, on this planet, who knows you as well as I know you, Corey Casey

I scoff and shoot Brenton’s back a look of distain

Corey Casey
Yeah…you know me, the psychotic schizophrenic, better than I know me…makes sense…

Brenton slowly turns around while, at the same time, reaching up and taking his hood down. The second my gaze fell upon him, I could feel my pulse quicken and the hate and rage begin to boil in my veins once more. The feeling almost caught me off guard…I was surprised by just how much I still truly hated and despised the man before me. It had been years since I last laid eyes on him…years since I’ve had to stand across the ring from him and truly realize just who and what he was and what he had done to me over the course of my career.

They say some things never die
I guess rage and hate are just two of those things

Brenton Cyrus
I know you better than you know yourself because you are me…well, a side of me, anyways. I am responsible, for you, the man everybody hates. It’s my fault you are the way that you are. You represent all of my hate, my misery, all of my disappointments, the evil side of me.

Brenton slowly takes a few steps towards me, narrowing his gaze. I could feel his eyes analyzing me, poking and prodding, trying to penetrate my skin and see into my soul and into my brain to see if his words were falling on me the way he wanted them to.

Brenton Cyrus
All of the bad that had been brewing up my entire career, like a virus, has taken you over. It became you, it killed you from the inside out, until it was all that was left.

Brenton slowly walks around me, his gaze needling me all over.

Brenton Cyrus
But, even with all of my hate and all of my disappointment and all of my misery flowing through you, I knew that, if I could rediscover the light of Salvation…if I could redeem myself and become The God once more, that I could save you as well. I knew that, deep inside of you, there was still a part of The Prophet…there was still a part of The Lord that I could try and convince to come out and play.

I chuckle softly and shake my head as Brenton walks all the way around me and stands in front of me

Corey Casey
I hate to disappoint you…

Brenton Cyrus
No you don’t, but its ok, I forgive you for your failures

I feel a flash of anger shoot through me from the depths of my stomach

Corey Casey
…but that part of me is dead and gone. The Lord is gone. My ties and need for Salvation is gone, Brenton. I am my own man

A wicked smile slowly spreads across Brenton’s features as he continues to stare at me with his cold, unblinking gaze

Brenton Cyrus
How did it feel?

I furrow my brow in confusion

Corey Casey
How did what feel?

Brenton Cyrus
How did it feel to see Alex Mark again? How did it feel knowing that the man you hate, more than any other being on this planet, was sent by God himself to try and convince you to unleash The Lord and rejoin Salvation?

Nick’s face suddenly flashes in my vision and my blood begins to boil. Brenton’s laugh pierces me like a shot and draws me back to the moment

Brenton Cyrus
I sent him, you know. I told him to write that letter to you. I watched as he stormed the ring and proceeded to pummel you. Do you remember?

Brenton suddenly turns and waves his hand. A large screen suddenly unfolds from one of the buildings. At the same time, scenes from Spring Fling 2012 begin to roll. Nick’s face suddenly appears on the screen, his words echoing from all around, assaulting my ears and my sanity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex Mark
Rick…I’m kind of offended that you keep calling me Nick Ridicule. I hate that douchebag! I might look like Nick…but I can assure you that Nick Ridicule is dead and gone! Alex Mark has been reborn!

Alex Mark flees through the fans and manages to climb all the way up to the top of the arena bowl area. Alex Mark climbs up onto the staircase railing as a spotlight shines down from the rafters and highlights him

Alex Mark
COREY CASEY! BROTHER!

In the ring, I had managed to drag myself over to the corner turnbuckle and position myself in the seated position in the corner. My  gaze is riveted on Alex Mark as unfiltered rage burns brightly in my eyes

Alex Mark
Corey Casey…my brother in Salvation…I have escaped the bonds Nick had placed upon me and I have come to say…I will liberate you from your bonds. I will bring back the light of Salvation to the true believers…and I will bring Salvation back to you, Corey Casey. I will save Salvation…by saving you…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene fades to black as Brenton turns and faces me once more.

Brenton Cyrus
The time has come, Lord Casey…the time has come to unleash your inner monster and, once again, take your rightful place by my side. Look around you. The city is being rebuilt. I have gathered those who are still faithful to their true God and to Salvation. I will restore Salvation to its true might. A man operating under the will of Salvation fears nothing.

Brenton’s tone grows soft as he leans forward

Brenton Cyrus
You fear. You doubt. You hide behind the guise of sanity and what others deem to be normal. All traits of someone who has lost all Salvation in life.  Corey Casey…Lord Casey…I’m here to bring it back to you. All you have to ask yourself is this one simple question…

Are you saved?

“Are you saved?”
“Are you saved?”
“Are you saved?”

The question echoes around my brain, reverberating off the walls of my skull, assaulting my sanity

“Are you saved?”

I feel my legs give out and I fall to my knees in front of Brenton gripping my hair and screwing my eyes shut

“Are you saved?”

I feel the memories of Salvation come rushing back. The countless horrific things I had done as The Lord. The innocent people I had tortured and killed. The senseless beatings and immeasurable suffering that I had brought upon the world. The titles that I had won, the money I had made, the power I had wielded during my time as The Lord

“Are you saved?”

I hear Brenton’s voice somewhere above me

Brenton Cyrus
Take my hand, Lord Casey. With you at my right hand once more, we can finish rebuilding this city and rebuilding Salvation. Together, we can rule not just IWF, not just pro wrestling, but the entire world. Together, we can be what Salvation has never been before…

My body feels like it’s about to rip itself apart. Every fiber, every nerve, every sense seems to be going haywire as my right arm slowly reaches out, as if on its own accord, to take Brenton’s hand

Brenton Cyrus
Together…Salvation will be immortal…

Brenton takes my hand and pulls me to my feet. Slowly, I stand up, my eyes still screwed shut, a battle of epic proportions still raging inside of me

Brenton Cyrus
Good to have you back, Lord Casey

Brenton goes to release my hand but I tighten my grip. My eyes flare open and rage floods my body.

Pure
Unfiltered
Rage

Goddamn I’ve missed this

A confused look appears on Brenton’s face as I stare into his eyes. I suddenly see Jess’ body the night Chuck and I found her during our raid on the Salvation conversion camps. I see her huddled in the darkness, scared, alone, bloodied and beaten. I hear her soft cries whisper in my ears as she pleads for the pain to stop and begs for death. I can almost feel Jess pressing herself against me, Raylyn and Gavin in her arms. My family. The only ones to ever love me truly, deeply, and unconditionally. The only ones to ever give me a shot, a chance, despite all my flaws

This was for them, as much as it was for me

Corey Casey
Fuck you

I feel my forehead connect solidly with Brenton’s face. A sick, twisted smile spreads across my features as Brenton stumbles back a few paces and his hands shoot up and cover his face. A soft, wicked laugh escapes between his fingers as he slowly lowers his hand. A small trail of blood dribbles slightly from where my head-butt had split his lip

Brenton dabs at his lip and then looks at his fingers, seeing his own blood. He then reaches back and grabs his robe at the shoulder, tearing it from his body in one fluid motion. Underneath the robe, Brenton is wearing a pair of jeans, a black wife beater, and a pair of black boots. As the robe floats softly to the ground outside of the ring, Brenton turns and bellows out to the gathered crowd

Brenton Cyrus
Followers of Salvation! Hear your God!

My eyes quickly dart around as Brenton’s followers emerge from the surrounding buildings. I quickly count them up and estimate there to be no more than a hundred, maybe one hundred and fifty. I softly whisper to myself

“Hundreds of followers, my ass”

Brenton Cyrus
What is about to transpire is between your God and Savior Brenton Cyrus…and the heretic known as Corey Casey. He has spurned the loving embrace of Salvation. He has refused a chance to sit at the right hand of God and rule in my stead. He has knowingly and willingly outright denied a chance to rejoin that which he helped to create…

Brenton turns and points up to The Hill. My gaze follows his arm, knowing full well what was at the top of that hill. Tens of dozens of crucifixes, all of them with bodies nailed to them. The countless victims that both Brenton and I had killed and crucified over the years.

Brenton Cyrus
For his sins, Corey Casey has been sentenced to death at the hands of God. He will be crucified and his body will be stand atop The Hill for all time. I command that no man, woman, or child interfere in the fight that is about to take place! It is the will of God that this heathen die by God’s hand and God’s hand alone! No matter what happens, your God and Savior commands that no one interfere!

Brenton turns his attention back to me, his wicked smile growing, spreading, nearly splitting his face in half

Brenton Cyrus
I was secretly hoping you’d choose this route. I’ve been dying to do this

I take my shirt off and cast it aside as Brenton slowly crosses the ring, analyzing me, looking for a weakness. I drop down into a fighter’s stance and begin to circle him as well. Suddenly we both snap, and rush at each other. We lock up and immediately begin exchanging rights and lefts. The hate and rage and anger that I felt at myself, for Brenton and for all of Salvation begins to rampage through my veins, causing my entire body to shake as I gain the upper hand and slam Brenton to the ground.

Brenton suddenly reaches up and shoves me off of him, causing me to fall backwards. Suddenly, I find myself having to block Brenton’s onslaught as he climbs on top of me and begins to rain blows down on my head and neck. I suddenly lash out and throw a forearm into Brenton’s gut, causing him to roll off of me. Both of us manage to get to our feet at the same time, breathing rapidly

Corey Casey
You’re not tired are you?

Brenton spits back at me

Brenton Cyrus
Not even close

Brenton rushes at me again, looking to spear me to the ground. I side step the attempt, causing Brenton to run to the ring ropes. Brenton hits the ropes and comes running back at me. I lash out, looking to clothesline him, but Brenton ducks underneath my clothesline attempt and suddenly stops behind me. Brenton then grabs me by both shoulders and pulls me down. My back suddenly explodes in a shower of pain, causing my vision to go fuzzy for a moment. Brenton slowly gets to his feet and looks down at me, a cocky smile dancing upon his lips

Brenton Cyrus
How does the back feel?

Brenton stomps down on my exposed mid-drift, driving the air from my lungs with his boot heels. After a few stomps, Brenton pulls back and walks across to the ring. I curl up, clutching my ribs and trying to shake off the pain I felt in my back. I lift my head up in time to see Brenton come charging across the ring with a steel chair. He attempts to bring the chair crashing down on my exposed side, but I roll out of the way. Again he lashes out, looking to bash me with the chair, but I manage to roll out of the way again and get up to my feet.

Brenton Cyrus
Hold still so I can kill you

I smirk ever so slightly as I rush across the ring. Brenton manages to turn around, just in time for me to connect with a spear that drives him into the corner turn buckle. The impact of the collision forces him to drop the chair, which falls and clatters on the exposed stone outside of the ring. I take a few steps back, a smirk of my own spreading across my face

Corey Casey
Hollywood Impact, bitch

I scour around the ring and see a long length of chain. I grab the chain and wrap it around my right fist. I then turn my attention back to Brenton, who is slowly pulling himself back together in the corner turnbuckle. I walk over to Brenton and swing at his head with my chain wrapped fist, but Brenton ducks out of the way and manages to get behind me again. I quickly lash out, catching him with the point of my left elbow, which dazes him. I then whirl around and swing at his head again, this time connecting with my chain wrapped right fist. Brenton falls flat on his back, hard, clutching his face

Brenton Cyrus
YOU MOTHERFUCKER!

I unwrap the chain from my fist and wield it like a whip. I lash out, looking to flog Brenton with the chain. Brenton manages to roll out of the way and then out of the ring. I cast the chain aside and dive out of the ring, looking to follow up on my offense. Brenton begins to crawl away, managing to get around the corner turnbuckle and out of sight. I laugh wickedly

Corey Casey
Where are you running to, God?

I turn the corner and suddenly feel a searing pain across my chest. I look down at Brenton, who is on his knees, and see him wielding…

Brenton Cyrus
Remember this little friend of yours?

In his hand, Brenton holds a razor blade tipped Cat O’Nine Tails. Brenton lashes out with the Cat O’Nine Tails again, causing more wounds to open up on my chest. Blood begins to seep down my exposed chest. Brenton gets to his feet and lashes out a third time. I do the only thing I can think of and bring my right arm up to cover my face, causing the razor blades to bite into my right forearm. Brenton howls like a man possessed, seemingly relishing in the agony shooting through my body.

Brenton Cyrus
Be cleansed by pain, Lord Casey! Feel the searing love of Salvation!

Brenton lashes out a fourth time but I hop backwards, causing the Cat O’Nine Tails to whistle through the air. I suddenly lunge out, looking to connect with a super kick, aiming for Brenton’s jaw. Brenton ducks under the kick, grabs me from behind, picks me up, and drops me down on his knee with a backbreaker, causing untold agony to surge through my body. I lay on the stone, my breath coming in quick, shallow gasps as I try to cope with the pain.

Without hesitation, Brenton leans down, drags me up to my feet, picks me up, and then slams me down onto his knee again with a second back breaker. I’m unable to stop myself as I call out in a short, pain laced yelp. Brenton’s features light up as a sick, twisted look burns brightly in his eyes

Brenton Cyrus
You could’ve avoided all of this. All you had to do, was just accept my offer.

Brenton walks over and grabs a sledgehammer from beneath the ring. I watch as Brenton comes walking back towards me, the sledgehammer hanging from his right hand. I can hear him dragging the head of the sledgehammer on the ground, almost like he wanted me to know what was coming next

Brenton Cyrus
You brought this upon yourself. This is your fault

I try to pull myself up to my feet, using the ring apron as an aide. Brenton rushes forward and slams the head of the sledgehammer into my stomach, causing me to double over. Brenton then cocks back and I feel an exploding pain in my back and I can immediately feel that Brenton just broke two of my ribs. I drop to the ground and cough, causing some blood to shoot out of my mouth and land on the stone.

I suddenly feel the weight of Brenton’s entire body being pressed down on the two ribs that he had just broken, causing my vision to become blurry as pain envelopes every sense. From somewhere above me, I can hear Brenton’s voice floating down

Brenton Cyrus
Stay down, Casey. Your death will bring about the final incarnation of Salvation.

This was it…I was done for. There was no coming back from this. The pain…it was too much. Better to just lay here…I had failed Jess…failed Raylyn and Gavin…

Suddenly, a voice screams out from the darkness of my brain

“He’s going to crush your spine, MOVE! NOW!”

Instinctively, I roll out of the way just as the sledgehammer comes crashing down and smashes into the stones where my head had been a moment before. I roll onto my stomach and slowly begin to push myself up to my hands and knees. I look over and see the faint outline of Young Corey, smiling at me. I whisper softly to myself

“Not sure if it’s because of the pain or not, but it’s good to see you again, old friend”

Young Corey nods

Young Corey
You’re going to need all of us to win this

I turn my head back…just in time to see Brenton’s boot come flying up and connect with my face.

Brenton Cyrus
I SAID…STAY…DOWN!

I collapse, face first, into the stone. I could tell my nose was broken and a river of blood was flowing from my face and pooling by me on the ground. My entire world begins to spin as I continue to lose blood. From somewhere behind me, I hear Brenton rustling with the ring steps. After a few moments, I feel him reach down and grab me by the shoulders and drag me onto the bottom level of the steps, with my head hanging over the back of the steps.

Young Corey
COME ON! FIGHT GODDAMN YOU!

I try to will my body to move, but my strength flees my muscles as exhaustion and pain set in. I was in absolute agony, unable to make my worthless…

Before I can finish my thought, Brenton’s boot appears out of no where again and bashes me in the face. My entire world spins into darkness…

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“You’ve got to help him!”

The annoying little runt pleads with me, desperation clearly welling up in his eyes. He was begging me…ME! Of all fucking people, this little fucking shit stain had the nerve to try and come crawling to me for help

It was almost enough to make me sick

“I’ve got to help him? ME?! DO YOU SERIOUSLY THINK I WOULD HELP EITHER OF YOU?! AFTER ALL YOU’VE DONE TO ME?! You two have caged me up in here, left me to fucking DIE! Each and every single time I try to do ANYTHING, the two of you FUCKS gang up and force me back to this fucking PRISON!”

The kid continues to stare at me, his gaze eerily familiar to my own. After a moment of silence, he speaks

“Because without him, ALIVE, there is no YOU! There is no me, there is no US! Without him alive, and, make no mistake about it, Brenton IS GOING TO KILL HIM, ALL OF US CEASE TO EXIST!”

He’s pissed…and, as much as I hate to admit it, making some semblance of sense

“You want to sit back and watch as he gets fucking ripped apart? Fine. But just know this, if he fucking dies, you die too. As much as you hate to admit it, we are all tied together on this one. We are all depending on the outcome of this fight. Our essence, our core, our entire fucking life, depends on this. So you want to sit back and do nothing and die? Well, that’s your call”

The kid turns and begins to walk away. Before he walks off, he turns and calls back over his shoulder

“I expected more from The Lord”

With that, the kid walks off into the darkness, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I close my eyes and reach out through the back channels, trying to feel the way he was feeling. I suddenly feel agony, pain, despair, and a hopelessness I had never ever felt before. I feel my nose being broken, my ribs being cracked and shattered. I feel my back in searing agony. And I see God’s face looking down at me, a sick, twisted, demonic look dancing about his face. I hear his words echoing like the sound of a bell

Brenton Cyrus
Ssshhhh…just die….

This was it. This was how the legend of Corey Casey was going to end. Killed at the hands of the man who, many credited with creating me. The irony of it weighed heavily on me as, from somewhere above me, Brenton leaned down and his voice floated to my ears

Brenton Cyrus
Ssshhhh…just die….

I could see Brenton stepping back a few paces, measuring me up, getting ready to deliver a third Reawakening punt kick. I could already feel my body beginning to shut down. This was going to be it for me. I look over at Young Corey, who has tears running down his face. His eyes were pleading with me to get up, to continue the fight…but I just didn’t have it in me…

Corey Casey
I’m sorry…

Suddenly, I feel a shot of adrenaline rush through my system. The anger that had been boiling in my gut at the beginning of the fight seemingly bursts forth and floods my body, giving new life to my muscles. I feel a surge of pure, unfiltered rage course through my entire system, driving me forward and forcing my eyes open and my muscles to feel alive.

I look over and see, standing beside Young Corey, a familiar figure clad in a black robe and black combat boots. The figure has long blonde and black dreadlocks and all white eyes…

The Lord

He stares at me and his voice is dripping with hatred when he speaks, staring at me with his all white eyes…

The Lord
Get the fuck up

I don’t ask questions….there isn’t time. I immediately push myself up just as Brenton’s boot goes whistling by my head. I get my feet underneath me and spring forward, spearing Brenton to the ground as he runs by me, carried forward by the momentum from the kick. I begin raining blows down on Brenton’s skull and upper body, putting every bit of wrath and rage that I have in me into each and every blow. I leap to my feet and stomp down with all my might on Brenton’s shoulder, smiling crazily as I hear Brenton scream and his shoulder buckle under my boot heel, separating from the socket

Brenton Cyrus
FUCK!

I turn around and see the sledgehammer laying by the side of the ring. I turn and look at The Lord, who has a twisted, evil smile on his face. His all whit eyes seem to burn with an unholy fire as he nods in the direction of the sledgehammer

The Lord
Get it

I walk over and grab the sledgehammer, ignoring the shooting pain in my back and letting my rage be the only thing I feel. I turn slowly to see Brenton Cyrus beginning to drag himself up. For the first time in forever, Brenton actually looks concerned

Corey Casey
Thought I was just going to lay there and die, did you?

I rush forward and catch Brenton in the chest with a kick, causing Brenton to slam back down to the ground. I place my foot on his chest, raise the sledgehammer, and drive it into his exposed ribs, relishing in Brenton’s cries of agony and the sound of his bones breaking. I look down at Brenton, who is grimacing in pain. I raise the hammer up and bring it crashing down on Brenton’s left arm, once again relishing in the sound of bone being shattered like glass.

I cast the hammer aside and go and grab the steel chair. I turn back around to see dread in Brenton’s eyes as he watches me approach him. I stomp down on Brenton’s prone form, laughing as Brenton tries feebly to kick out at me.

Corey Casey
You had your chance to kill me…your chance to close the circle once and for all. That time…

I stomp on Brenton’s chest, hard

Corey Casey
…is…

A second stomp lands squarely on Brenton’s heart

Corey Casey
…DONE!

I lash out and drive the toe of my boot across Brenton’s face, laughing as Brenton’s jaw comes unhinged from his face. I lean down and wrap the chair around Brenton’s throat. I then turn and climb up on the ring apron. I look down at Brenton, the man who I once saw as a God, and I see the panic and fear in his eyes. He tries to call out to me, to appeal to The Lord, maybe even to beg for mercy…but, with his broken jaw, all that comes out is garbled noises.

Corey Casey
Let’s see if God truly is immortal

I leap off the ring apron and time seems to go into slow motion. I feel the adrenaline coursing through my body and I see the looks of approval on both The Lord and Young Corey’s faces. I look down and see Brenton’s eyes widen as he realizes there is no escape for him. I keep my legs tucked until the final second before impact, assuring maximum damage. Seconds before I come crashing down on the chair across Brenton’s throat, I drive both of my legs downward, putting the last of my adrenaline into the stomp. I see the pain well up in Brenton’s face as the chair snaps shut on his neck, crushing his wind pipe.

Time seems to speed up again as my feet come into contact with the chair and, before I know it, I suddenly find myself moving as fast as chain lightning. I dart over and grab the sledgehammer. I then snap the hammer in half and toss the heavy end with the metal hammer head to the side. I wield the broken, jagged half of the sledgehammer and jump on top of Brenton’s prone form. I quickly rip the chair off of him and grab Brenton by his crushed throat with my left hand. I stare insanely into Brenton’s eyes, feeling my heart slamming against my chest in anticipation of what I knew was coming next.

Slowly…ever so slowly…the life begins to fade from Brenton’s eyes. I watch, relishing each and every single solitary second as Brenton begins to fade into oblivion. I lean in, making sure to hear every gurgle, every labored gasp for air, every single pleading look that Brenton was desperately trying to plead with the heavens above…but to no avail. Like a man possessed, I felt Brenton’s heart begin to slow, each thud begin to be more and more labored as I tightened my grip on his already shattered throat. After a few moments, the life completely left the body of Brenton Cyrus and his heart grew still in his chest.

The second the last beat of Brenton’s heart thudded in his chest, I immediately hoisted the broken piece of the sledgehammer up and drove it into Brenton’s chest. Using the broken piece of the hammer like a saw, I cut Brenton’s chest wide open, reached into his chest, and ripped out his heart. I grabbed Brenton’s heart and ripped it out his chest, howling like a coyote, letting the elation of insanity overtake me.

I then toss Brenton’s heart aside and, once again, using the broken bit of the sledgehammer like a saw, I proceeded to hack Brenton Cyrus’ head clean off his shoulders. Each time the broken half of the sledgehammer fell, the members of Salvation around me seemed to disappear. It was just me and my task. I was possessed…I NEEDED to get his head clean off his shoulders. I NEEDED it to be true. I NEEDED some reassurance that this was the end like I needed air to breathe. I was completely oblivious to the squirting of the blood rupturing from Brenton’s neck. I was completely oblivious to the fact that, slowly but surely, the followers of Salvation were beginning to close ranks around me.

There was only me…and Brenton’s severed head

I finally managed to remove the head from Brenton’s body, feeling an unexplained joy the likes of which I’d never experienced before. I tossed the hammer to the side and grabbed Brenton’s heart in one hand and his head in the other. I leapt to my feet and tossed my head back to the heavens

Corey Casey
Behold…THE DEATH OF GOD!!!

After a few moments, all the strength rushed out of me and I collapsed in an exhausted heap. It was only then that I realized that there was a crowd of Salvation followers slowly closing ranks around me. I tried to summon my strength up again but it was useless…fighting Brenton had completely wiped me out…

I slowly collapse, feeling my strength being sapped from my body. I fall to the ground, Brenton’s heart still in one hand and his head in my other hand. A small smile dances upon my lips as I take solace in the fact that I had accomplished what I had set out to do.

I had killed the man who claimed he was a God…nothing else mattered.

Brenton was dead

With those words repeating over and over again in my mind, I begin to slowly fade into unconsciousness. I am almost completely oblivious to the fact that, suddenly, the sun had been blacked out and, in the distance the sound of a helicopter’s blades cutting through the air was somewhere overhead. With those last two thoughts, I allowed myself to slip into unconsciousness…
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Redemption-Part II Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redemption-Part II   Redemption-Part II I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:10 pm

…+++…:::…+++……+++…:::…+++……+++…:::…+++……+++…:::…+++…

Final Act: Redemption

“Wake up”

The voice calls to me from somewhere around me. All I see is darkness. I had died…strangely, the thought seemed somewhat comforting to me. It didn’t matter if I was alive or dead anymore. I had finally gotten my measure of revenge

Corey Casey
The circle is closed

I whisper to the darkness

Corey Casey
Nick is dead, Brenton is dead…I have no more battles left to fight…

Again, that feeling of calm begins to fill me up. I was ok with dying. My enemies had died before me, one of them by my hand. Brenton’s eyes, just moments before he breathed his last breath, suddenly flash before me. Suffering, shocked, betrayal, disappointment…all of those emotions and a thousand more dancing in his gaze as he stared up at me, struggling to gasp one more time as blood filled his throat

“Wake up, you son of a bitch”

I begin to feel a subtle throbbing in my back, easy to ignore at first but slowly, ever so slowly, the throbbing pain begins to become more real. I turn, trying to flee back into the darkness. I plead with the voice

Corey Casey
Just let me die! My enemies are dead…I have nothing left to live for!

I shake my head, anger welling up inside of me, combining with the pain racing up my spine like wildfire. I was supposed to be dead…this was supposed to be the moment when Corey Casey was allowed to fade into the darkness once and for all. There was no one left for me, Jess was gone…the kids, gone…Chuck, well, God knows where Chuck was or if he ever wanted to see or hear from me again…I heard Brandon was dead...i had no one else…

Corey Casey
No one cares if I live or die. I don’t care if I live or die. Why should I bother going back to fight?

A shadowy figure slowly walks out of the darkness. The man had long, black hair and was wearing a black, tailor made suit. The darkness clouded his facial features though, as he walked over to me. The figure leaned down, grabbed me by the arm and hauled me up to my feet. I stand, looking at the figure, feeling anger racing through me as I stare into the darkness engulfing the figure’s face

Corey Casey
Who are you?

The figure lashes out and slaps me in the face. The second his hand strikes my cheek, the darkness erupts. I slowly turn my head back and see the smirking face of Alexander Remington

Alexander Remington
Your guardian fucking angel

Hospital Beaujon
Paris, France

Pain engulfs my entire body as air suddenly rushes into my lungs. My eyes shoot open and I’m assaulted by a blinding light. I feel my entire upper body rocket up off the hospital bed I was lying in, my back trying desperately to arch…but…

???
You stupid fuck! You’re going to rupture the steel!!

A pair of strong hands shoves me back down to the bed, restraining me. After a moment, my eyes adjust to the blinding light and I squint, trying to make out the blurry figure above me, holding me down

Corey Casey
Am I dead?

The figure above me chuckles

???
After what I spent the last year tracking you down and for that insane surgery you had a few days ago? You’d better not be dead

I’m disoriented, I can feel the haze beginning to slowly break, like an ocean mist before the coming of the dawn. I needed to know where…

Panic suddenly floods my entire system as I attempt to sit bolt upright

Corey Casey
WHERE IS IT?! I NEED IT! I NEED TO KNOW!!

The figure tries to hold me down as I frantically begin to search for it. It had to be here…I had it in my arms. I needed to make sure it was him. I needed to know that I had truly killed him. I needed it to be over…

???
Where is what? Calm down!

I turn and stare crazily up at the figure, not even registering that the figure holding me down was none other than Alexander Remington. The shock of seeing him again didn’t even matter at this exact moment. I reach out and grab Remi by the collar of his admittedly daper looking suit coat

Corey Casey
BRENTON’S HEAD! WHERE IS BRENTON’S HEAD?! I NEED TO KNOW IT’S HIM! I NEED THAT HEAD!

Alexander Remington smirks as he grabs me by the wrists, easily breaking my grasp on his suit coat. He nods towards the end of the bed

Alexander Remington
You have no idea how much bribery it took to not only get that thing in here, but to get it tested with no questions asked

I slowly sit up right, grimacing in pain as my spine screamed out in agony. At the end of my bed, resting between my shins, sat a large white cooler. Slowly, I reach out and grab the cooler, dragging it closer to me. I open the lid…and am greeted by the sight of Brenton’s cold, dead eyes staring back up at me. I feel my heart beat begin to return to normal as I stare at the head a moment longer before closing the lid and laying back down, trying to regulate my breathing

Corey Casey
Thank you…Than…

Suddenly, it dawns on me that Alexander Remington is sitting at my bed side. I whip my head around and a look of surprise dances across my features

Corey Casey
Remi?!

Alexander Remington chuckles and shakes his head

Alexander Remington
NOW he notices I’m here

I shake my head in disbelief

Corey Casey
What are you doing here? Also, where is here?

Alexander Remington
We’re in Paris, France. Remember those doctor friends of mine? The surgeons who have, somehow, managed to keep me up and going more times than I dare to recall? Yeah…I brought you in for a visit. You were…well…

Alexander Remington looks me up and down and shrugs

Alexander Remington
A little worse for wear

I stare at Remi for a moment, trying desperately to piece this all together

Corey Casey
How did you know where I was? Why did you save me? More importantly, I guess, HOW did you save me?

Once again, Alexander Remington shrugs his shoulders, as if what he was about to say was not a big deal. Like the story of how and why he saved my life was just another topic that normal friends would discuss after not seeing each other for more than a year

Alexander Remington
I heard Jess left you. I also heard about IWF’s Board of Directors firing you and stealing the company away from you. I knew something bad was about to happen…and I knew that Stygian left you in no condition to defend yourself. I used a few contacts of mine to keep tabs on you. They watched as you broke down mentally, physically, and emotionally. They saw you become a recluse and your mind begin to break down. They also saw you get on board a plane to Montana. As soon as I heard that…

Well…the rest was easy. Called in a few more favors, people who owed me from awhile back. Got on board a helicopter, flew out to the City of Salvation, and apparently arrived just in time to save your sorry ass.

I shake my head, still suspended in a state of disbelief

Corey Casey
How did you know where the City was?

Alexander Remington scoffs

Alexander Remington
It’s a huge ruined city in Montana? Definitely wasn’t too hard to find.

Slowly, my mind begins to piece everything together.

Corey Casey
But…why save me? Why did you keep tabs on me? Why did you call in all these favors for me?

Alexander Remington shrugs…causing me to promise myself that if he shrugged again, whether he saved my life or not, I was going to punch him in the face.

Alexander Remington
That’s what brothers do. Make no mistake about it, Casey…you’re pretty much the closest thing I’ve had to a brother.

I cough, trying to mask the smirk that threatened to split my features in half

Corey Casey
Aw

Alexander Remington leans back and socks me in the arm

Alexander Remington
Play nice…or I won’t give you the little “Coming back from the Dead” present I got you

Alexander Remington reaches into his coat and removes a piece of paper. He holds the paper out to me. I reach out and grab the paper, unfolding it. My eyes try to make sense of what is written on the paper but, after staring it at for a moment, I screw my eyes shut and hand it back to Remi

Corey Casey
I literally don’t know what that even means?

Alexander Remington
Its tests results…DNA test results, to be specific. While you were out, I…uh…borrowed…

Remi shoots me a wicked smile and throws a wink

Alexander Remington
…a bit of your little friend in the cooler’s tissue. I brought it to a lab and some scientist friends of mine ran some tests on it. They assured me, with 100% accuracy, that it’s him. It’s Brenton

A cold, twisted smile slowly etches its self into my features as I close my eyes. I breath in deeply, holding the breath for a moment, before slowly breathing out. After a moment, I open my eyes

Corey Casey
I’d say this calls for a few beers

Alexander Remington leans over and opens the cooler. He rummages around in the ice for a moment before producing two ice cold beers. He opens the beers up, handing one to me while shooting a wicked smile

Alexander Remington
I figured our friend here could do us one more favor. Figured you’d appreciate the irony of it

I laugh as I cock the beer back and take a swig

Corey Casey
In the words of an old, old friend of mine…Fuck yeah

…:::…
…:::
The Victims of the Streak:::…
1.) Shadow Demon- Revolution XX: A Night of Violence
2.) Shadow Demon- One World Nation
3.) Chuck Matthews- One World Nation
4.) Chad Mason- Resurrection of Respect
5.) Chuck Matthews- Revolution 34: Direct Hit: Super Six Mix
6.) Death-Angel- NLWF Pro Wrestling Summer Classic: Event I
7.) Nick Ridicule- Revolution 38: Road to the City of Evil
8.) Tim Patrick- Majority Rules
9.) Tim Patrick- Revolution 41/Global Takeover: Battle Behind Bars
10.) Shadow Demon- Heroes Also Die
11.) Steel Angel- Nowhere to Run
12.) Dan Alexander- Battle Grounds XLI: The Steel Age

The No-Decision:::…

1.) Death-Angel- Revolution 34: Direct Hit: Super Six Mix

+++

Redemption-Part II Crimecraft-psd56393 :::…

+++

The End :::…
+++

This is it, man
This is the end
The end, of a fucking era

Remember when we first came up with this hair brained scheme? After NLWF fucking shut down and we decided to band together to come up with a dream? A place where the violence, passion, and dedication we all felt for this industry and for each other could combine with our insanely intense desire for competition and glory?

Do you remember the inaugural show? How big of a shit show that show ACTUALLY was? Do you remember the first Pay Per View IWF ever had? Demolition Day? I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember the main event, Brandon…and I remember standing over you and being crowned the first ever IWF World Heavyweight Champion.

And before you say it, yes…I remember Bloody Sunday. I remember being FUCKED OVER when you “hit” that BULLSHIT Purifier in the first ever Dueling Thieves match. I also remember never getting a rematch for the title after that travesty, but that’s water under the bridge, isn’t it?

Isn’t it?

Two friends…two rebels…two men who have been to war for and against each other.  It was you, Bmac, who helped me out when my world was crumbling down around my ears after Fallout and the return of Brenton Cyrus and the betrayal of Vincent Van Rose. It was Brandon Macdonald who helped me out when I returned from Nepal and needed a place to go and a job. It was Brandon Macdonald who befriended me when no one else would and helped me get my mind right.

And so, it’s only fitting that two of the three original founders have the final match in IWF’s long and storied history. It’s only fitting that the match that we have be in the place where all of this started. Right in the heart of the city that personifies rebellion and greatness. It’s only fitting that we bring IWF back home, one last time, so we can give the old girl a proper burial

Not to mention that this match between Brandon and I is going to be something special. Two of the three original founders of IWF…two IWF Hall of Famers…two of the three men who main evented the first ever From the Ashes…the first two IWF World Heavyweight Champions meeting one on one in the main event of the final IWF match ever.

Not only all of that…but we are meeting inside of my domain

It’s only fitting that the last ever match in IWF history be inside the Double Cage Horror

My streak stands at 12-0-1…a streak that stretches all the way back to that fucking hell hole that was NLWF. An undefeated streak that has stood the test of time…stretching from 2010 all the way to 2015. I have stood inside that Double Cage Horror and gone nose to nose with some of the true icons in this business.

Shadow Demon
Chuck Matthews
Nick Ridicule

I have stood inside the Double Cage Horror with the new age superstars

Steel Angel
Dan Alexander

I have been locked inside the Double Cage Horror with men who would love nothing more than to fucking kill me and drag my unconscious body all around the world

Tim Patrick

And guess what has always remained the same? Guess what has always been true, time and time and time and time again?

I have never been pinned
Never been submitted
Never been defeated

Brandon…you have seen it all and done it all in this industry. You are an IWF Hall of Famer…you are the guy who, pretty much single handedly, ran the fucking gambit when it came to standing toe to toe with some of the biggest and baddest motherfuckers to come through IWF’s doors. You are the guy who, against Chuck Matthews, had one of the most brutal, bloody battles I have ever fucking seen. You’re the guy who helped the IWF World Heavyweight Championship mean something in this business…

But you ain’t seen nothing yet

You haven’t been trapped inside the Double Cage Horror with a man with nothing to lose. You haven’t been locked inside the Double Cage Horror with a man who legitimately doesn’t even know if he’s going to wake up the following morning. You haven’t stood toe to toe with me in my environment.

I mean it when I say this, Brandon. I truly have nothing else to live for. IWF is closing down, Jess and the kids are gone, my career is over after this match…I have nothing else. The Double Cage Horror streak is literally the only reason why I get up in the morning and it is literally the last thing I think about before I go to sleep at night. This streak is the only fucking thing that means something to me in this world.

And you…you are the single biggest threat I have ever faced

I mean that in the best of ways, old friend. You’re a beast, a warrior, a fucking machine…but you aren’t stepping into that Double Cage Horror with your old friend Corey Casey. You aren’t stepping into the Double Cage Horror with the man whose life you basically saved…you’re stepping into the fucking Double Cage Horror with a cornered animal…a demon with nothing to lose…

I’m willing to die to protect this streak, Brandon. I am willing to lay down my fucking life to make sure that the only thing I have stays in tact. Jess is gone…she ran away with some other fucking dude, taking my kids with her. IWF is shutting down for good. The times, they are a’changing, Brandon…but there is one thing that will NEVER change

Corey Casey being undefeated inside of the Double Cage Horror

I have no doubt that we are going to fucking steal the show, Brandon. There is literally not a single shred of doubt that we are going to leave the rabid IWF faithful in the heart of Boston without their voices come the following day. This is IWF’s Last Stand…the last great stand of a company that has always stood for rebellion…for raging against the machine…this is the last stand of the FUCKING INSURGENCY!

And in the main event, two of the original three Insurgents…who sacrificed their blood, their sweat, their tears, and years and years off of their lives…will stand toe to toe in the heart of the place where their insurrection was born…where their rebellion was born. The two of us will meet for the third and final time to truly determine just who the better competitor is, once and for all. In a way, this is the last stand of both of us. This is the last stand not only for us, not only for IWF, but for the entire generation’s worth of guys who came up from the dregs of NLWF and gave birth to the phoenix of rebellion that IWF stood for. This is the end, not only of IWF, but the end of the rebellion that we helped to start all those years ago

There is literally no one else in the entire world I would rather face in the last match, not only in IWF’s history, not only in my career…but the last match in what could possibly be, my entire fucking life.

Hey Brandon,

Let’s fucking tear the entire building down and give ‘em something to remember us by, eh?

So it is written
So it shall come to pass
Quoth Corey Casey
Nevermore

Redemption-Part II IWFlogoblack-1

Redemption-Part II Phoenix3
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

Redemption-Part II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Archives :: Archives :: One Last Stand :: One Last Stand :: One Last Stand Roleplays :: Brandon Macdonald [vs] Corey Casey-
Jump to: