Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Primetime" For the Last Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prime

Prime

"Primetime" For the Last Time Empty
PostSubject: "Primetime" For the Last Time   "Primetime" For the Last Time I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 4:32 pm

"Primetime" For the Last Time NiFvMsS

"Primetime" for the Last Time
Old School

March 4th 2015
Hollywood Hills California

The sun beamed brightly through the window pane in Paul Roberts’ million dollar home in Hollywood hills. Steam rolls off his cup of coffee as he takes another sip. It had been months since Paul Roberts made the biggest splash of his career officially retiring from the sport. The chants of “Please Don’t Go” still ring in his ear every day he wakes up, but every morning he wakes up knowing that he made the right decision. It seemed as though time had stood still in the weeks and months leading up to “One Last Stand” where ironically he would have his last match of his storied career, on the same night as the IWF would end it’s journey. It would be Prime, against the person he views as the greatest of all time… Masset. Sure Masset had let himself go, his years of dominance behind him, but Paul still knew that Masset had one more match in him. One more match where he would leave it all in the ring. Paul had it too, one last match for the ages, and it was to happen— in the IWF, One Last Stand.

Roberts was eternally grateful to Insurgency for allowing the two to have their final showdown in the IWF. Both Roberts’ and Masset somewhat journeymen of the sport, making a name for themselves through the annals of time through federation after federation, world title after world title though relatively unknown to the IWF, the fans surely knew they were going to witness something special. But this was no normal match that Roberts had to prepare for, this wasn’t arrogant pricks, or destructive beasts he had to deal with, it was only a man. But a man, that he knew he would bring everything he had in him, everything he had left in the tank for one final match.

The Masset that the IWF had seen was a shell of his former self, someone who just couldn’t find his fire anymore, but the Masset Prime knew hit like thunder, and disappeared like smoke, even Prime himself was dwarfed by Masset’s incredible dominance over the sport. That was who Paul would see at One Last Stand. He only hoped that Masset knew that “Primetime” Paul Roberts, while he might not have quite the storied career of Masset he too was once upon a time the greatest the world had to offer, and he planned to bring the battle to his friend’s front door. This would be the first meeting between the two men in the history of the sport, and he had to know, he just had to know, just who was the better man. He wanted to tear the house down with the only man he knew could rival his own greatness. Masset was that man, or at least he used to be.

As Roberts’ continues to sip his coffee just a few days before the final match of his career, he reflects on his career, the good the bad and the ugly. What he could have done differently, what he should have done differently. But the past is in the past, you can’t change it now, the only thing he could do now is secure his future, secure his legacy, with one last match, one last final battle. It’s been a long time since Paul had his original team back together, and for one last time he wanted his group back together the way it used to be, he was determined to get Chad to take a short leave of absence from running his P1 Wrestling federation to train him one last time, the way it should be, it was time to get the band back together, because he would no doubt need it to take down arguably the greatest champion in all of history.

Putting down his coffee he pulls on the latest “Primetime” Paul Roberts’ T-Shirt, probably the final one ever to be made, and he heads out the door.

March 4th
P1 Wrestling Offices
Sad Diego, California

Prime walked up to the giant headquarters of Chad Monie’s new start up federation Phenomenal 1 Wrestling. Chad had certainly done alright for himself since leaving Paul’s team. Heading up to the building Prime grabbed the door and walked inside. Immediately the receptionist asked if Roberts had an appointment.

Receptionist:  A’Herm… Appointment?

Prime: Afraid not, I’m here to see Chad—

Receptionist: Mr. Monie is very busy, he doesn’t take walkins from just anybody.

A grin grows on Roberts’ face, as he takes he shades off leaning down on the desk.

Prime: Um… Do you know who I am?

Receptionist: I know very well who you are Mr. Superstar. Let me call upstairs and see if Mr. Monie has a few minutes to see his old buddy.

The receptionist was a bit snooty with her remarks, as Roberts turned around, offended that she treated him with such distain. He looks around the room, smiling at what Chad had accomplished. Remembering when Chad had offered him a job as a color commentator for his company.

Receptionist: M’hMM…. That’s right Mr. Monie he just walked in like he owned the place.

Prime turns around giving the receptionist a confused look.

Receptionist: I’m sorry, Mr. Monie is very busy right now, why don’t you try coming back sometime next week when his schedule opens up.

Prime: Is that what he really said?

Roberts says with a grin on his face. Looking back at the receptionist who just seems irritated by Primetime’s presence.

Receptionist: More or less, now if you insist on waiting you can take a seat and he MIGHT be able to sneak you in.

Just then Chad comes walking down the stairs, suit and tie and everything, as the receptionist rolls her eyes and goes back to playing farmville on her cell phone. Roberts turns and heads over and Chad and Paul embrace with a hug.

Chad: Paul! How the hell have you been? I can see you’re up and walking around again!

Looking Prime up and down, almost in shock.

Prime: The surgery was a complete success, no pain at all.

Chad: That’s great, but Paul… Please don’t tell me you’re going back…

Roberts laughs to himself as he pats Chad on the shoulder.

Prime: You apparently have missed a few episodes of Battlegrounds.

Chad:  Well, I’ve kind of had my hands full here, IWF is kind of our competition.

Prime: Not anymore, IWF is having One Last Stand PPV, and then it’s over.

Chad:  Wow, I never thought I would see the day. So does this mean you’re gonna be taking that job I offered you? Color commentary?

Prime: First thing’s first. Chad I need you back…

Chad:  Paul—

Prime: Not full time, just for one last match.

Chad laughs to himself at the thought.

Chad:  One last match eh? What is this? Your tenth last match?

Prime: No, I’m serious this time, I’m done. But I need you back by my side for this one last time.

Chad:  Paul, I can’t just take time off, I’m busy!

Prime: Chad, this is the match we always have been waiting for, the match that back in the day that we thought could never happen. This is the dream match of the decade.

Chad:  You’re not talking about… No…

Prime: Yes—

Chad:  Masset?

Prime: One last match for each of us, me vs him, one last time. The first time either of us have met in the ring and we are going out with a bang.

Chad:  Paul, as tempting as that sounds I don’t know if I can just drop everything here and help you with this.

Prime: What if I came to you?

Chad:  What are you saying?

Prime: I’m saying what if we cross promote this deal? Prime vs Masset simulcast on IWF and P1 for the world to see. You win, they win, I win. That’s a win-win… win! What a way for me to make a splash coming into P1 with my final match airing on your program. There’s no need to think of IWF as your competition anymore.

Chad:  I don’t know Paul, cross over promotional matches are hard to pull off.

Prime: Whats hard? I get the IWF brass to allow you to broadcast our match on your programming, and it’s my debut in P1. You have to admit, it’s just so crazy it just might work.

Chad:  You have me interested.

Prime: Come’on Chad, let’s get the band back together one last time. Let me be “Primetime” one last time. I need you man.

Chad:  I tell you what— One last time, and this is for all the marbles. You have your final match against Masset and then you shake his hand win or lose, and then you sign a contract with me, exclusive to P1, and then that’s it, in your contract you’re prohibited from competing you’re in the announcers booth.

Prime: Done, and done. Let’s do it, let me go out the way I gotta go out.

Chad:  Okay, but the second I think you’re in any danger in there I’m throwin in the towel.

Prime: Don’t worry, my knee is as good as new, I’m the freakin Terminator.

Chad:  Masset huh? What a way to go out.

Prime: It’s the only way to go out. The greatest of all time vs The greatest man who ever lived.

Chad:  Greatest man who ever lived? Pushing it a little aren’t ya?

Prime: Hey, if I’m gonna win this thing I’m gonna need to go old school.

Prime says with a laugh as the two of them head upstairs to Chad’s office to discuss more business.

Receptionist: M’hMM…

The two head upstairs where there are various posters from different P1 PPV’s that have taken place, Roberts seems a bit taken back that Chad has gone and done so well all on his own. They reach the door to his office where it reads “Chad Monie: President and CEO”.

Prime: Well… doing pretty well for yourself aren’t you.

Chad:  Yeah well, that’s what we hope for.

The two head inside, Prime almost a bit jealous of the sheer size of the success that Chad has risen to without him.

Prime: Okay, so here’s the deal—

Chad:  We need to get the whole gang back together for one last rodeo.

Prime: Chad— I’ve missed you.

Roberts says with a smile.

Chad:  First things, first. You know who’s great? Amber—

Prime: Chad... Please, not you too.

Chad:  But— she has so much to offer…

Prime: Wait, is that what this is about? She sends you to sell me on it?

Chad:  No, Paul she doesn’t know I’m talking to you at all— wait, you guys have talked about this?

Prime: All… The time! But I thought she and I had come to a decision…

Chad:  Which is…

Prime: It’s not happenin.

Chad:  Well… Why not?

Prime: Cuz I’m not interested! And I know it’s not cool to say but, I don’t like the way it would look…

Chad:  People are gonna say what they’re gonna say, there not reasons not to go through with it.

Prime: No, you wanna know my biggest concern— my biggest concern is the smell.

Chad:  …The smell?

Prime: …The smell of it. Yeah, and it’s not Amber’s fault— They all smell, I’ve told her that.

Chad:  You told Amber, that you think all women—

Prime: Don’t make this a feminist thing!

Chad:  A feminist thing???

Prime: HOW? They smell terrible! It’s common knowledge!

Chad:  I would think you’re biggest concern would be how it affected the people around you!

Prime: I mean sure a few drunks might grab at it…

Chad:  But if your biggest concern is… The Smell… I’m sure that’s highly manageable!

Prime: Yeah I guess, there’s special solvents and soaps… I haven’t read up on it that much. Yeah, but you gotta really get in there and scrub it out! It’s DISGUSTING! You know cuza the daily wear and tear, and oil and grease just cookin in there— It’s enough to make a man BARF just thinkin about it. I mean they get REALLY hot—

Chad:  I’m aware of what temperature it gets!

Prime: But you know if I’m being honest, and I haven’t talked to her about this but, I do have good memories associated with the smell… Ball games, the circus, hangin with my Dad.

Chad:  Listen here you idiot! I’ve known Amber a very long time, and I can promise you the SMELL will not be a problem!

Prime: That’s really easy for you to say, cuz you’re not the one who’s gonna have to remind her to clean it all the time.

Chad:  … I… Promise you… if it becomes a problem… I… Will remind her…

Prime: Well— if you remind her, and she doesn’t do it. I don’t want you goin sneakin around and cleanin it yourself!

Chad:  UH! Paul! I’m a good friend but I am not THAT good of a friend!

Prime: Chad!

Chad:  Look, Paul lets just go ahead and leave Amber out then, and don’t tell her we talked, she doesn’t want me getting involved.

Prime: Of course she does, she didn’t think you were into the idea. She really values your opinion.

Chad:  You know what wait. What if you guys, had a talk, like a REAL talk. You know outside of all this.

Prime: Alright, we’ll talk just the two of us, right after our meeting I’ll get her on the phone.

Chad:  I’m proud of you Paul—

Prime: Just make sure she makes her case about facts and figures, and no more of this “come on Paul it tastes so yummy crap”

Chad:  Okay! Never mind! Moving on.

Prime: No, no wait, if it means that much to the both of you! After we are done, I’ll go ahead and on a trial basis, rent a popcorn machine.

Chad:  A… A popcorn machine.

Prime: …A popcorn machine.

Chad:  ….

Prime: What?

Chad:  Jesus, Paul… Do you want Amber back on the team or not?

Prime: No, all she ever talks about is that damn popcorn machine.

Chad shakes his head, in shock looking down at his papers.

Prime: I’ve missed this… This is fun.

Roberts says shaking his head, with a chuckle, as Chad lets out a loud exhale, looking down at his desk.

Chad:  How much money is left in “Planet Primetime Productions” account?

Prime: Well, I haven’t bankrolled the Production company in a long time, and during my absence when I was getting my knee replaced that bastard Masset used up the rest of my money with a joint production with his Masset TV. To think, he co produced a show with that joke Masset TV.

Chad:  Well, in his defense there was next to no money left in the Production Company’s account when he used it, and you did give him full authority to use it in your absence.

Prime: Masset… Pfft… The guy is the greatest wrestler I’ve ever seen in the ring, but he’s such a foolish fool!

Chad:  So, a full on production is out, what about Everett?

Prime: Oh, I had to let Everett go.

Chad:  Let him go? Why?

Prime: He was wreckin my LIFE! It was his job to run the production company, it went belly up. He was hired as my manager, I ended up no longer wrestling, every job I gave him he failed at! I don’t think he fully understood, the implications of his actions. Besides, I’m pretty sure Amber sold him on the popcorn machine.

Chad:  Well, what’s he doing now?

Prime: Damned if I know.

Chad:  Okay, that explains a lot. So… This is just me and you.

Prime: YEAH! Just like the old days!

Chad:  Paul, I’ve got a lot to do here I don’t know that I can do this by myself.

Prime: Oh, come on, I’m sure you have a whole building full of pencil pushing yes men. Just gimme a week, I promised the world that me and Masset would tear the house down. I haven’t been in the ring in months. I need to be ready, this is my goodbye match.

Chad:  And what about the winner?

Prime: Oh, I’m gonna win.

Chad:  I thought this was all about giving the fans a good show.

Prime: Well yeah, but what better show would it be, having Masset pass me the torch at the end of his career? I need to go out there and show him I deserve it, no better way to do that then to win.

Chad:  Pass you the torch.

Chad says with a blank look on his face.

Chad:  just in time for you to retire and hold the torch forever more.

Prime: Well sure it sounds terrible when you say it like that.

Chad:  Paul—

Prime: I’m a winner, and I’m going to win.

Chad:  Then I guess it’s time we get started. Where are you stayin? I’ll do some research on him, the ins and the outs, and I’ll meet you tomorrow. Besides, I need to get some people in line to take care of things for the week, while I help out an old friend.

Prime: Perfect, I’ll see ya tomorrow.

Roberts stands up winks at Chad, and heads outside, leaving Chad in his office. Chad, twirling his pencil as he gets on his computer, typing with one hand.

March 5th
The Sizzler
San Diego, California

Chad walks in through the doors with Prime following close behind. The place is busy for a Thursday night, but it doesn’t seem to bother the two men.

Prime: I don’t see why we have to eat here? We might as well be eating at Burger King.

Chad:  Oh would you shut up, I happen to know the owner here and they have great food.

Prime: So… because you know the owner, he tricks you into thinking they have great food.

Chad:  Shut up.

Prime: We have business to take care of, here let me just get us a table.

Chad looks down at the ground rubbing he brow letting out an exhausted exhale. Prime pushes his way to the front of the line, till he is face to face with the hostess.

Prime: Hey, we need a table, get us some shade.

Prime hands the hostess a hundred dollar bill which she pockets and then looks over the reservation list.

Hostess: I’m sorry Mr. Roberts you don’t appear to be on the waiting list, I can get you a table but it’ll probably be about an hour.

Roberts tilts his head with an irritated groan.

Prime: Fine, give me my money back.

Hostess: Money sir?

Prime: Oh that’s funny that REALLY funny!

Just as Prime is about to lose his cool, Chad comes up behind him.

Chad:  You’ll find the reservation under Monie.

The hostess looks over the list and smiles.

Hostess: Right this way gentlemen.

The hostess walks them over to a table and they both sit down.

Prime: I’m still gonna want that back.

Roberts retorts toward the hostess who just walks away.

Chad:  Just let it go Paul.

Prime: What kind of back woods place did you bring me too? That woman just stole a hundred dollars from me!

Chad:  Technically you gave it to her.

Roberts looks at Chad stunned, as Chad looks over the menu.

Prime: I swear, just like the old days, you bring me places and – *mumble, mumble, mumble.*

Chad:  The BBQ ribes are fantastic here, I think—

Prime: Didn’t we come here to do business? Can’t we order after you tell me what you got on Masset?

Chad reaches down into his satchel and pulls out a blue file and tosses it up on the table, the file is probably the biggest that Prime has ever looked at.

Prime: You have got to be kidding.

Chad:  You’re the one who wanted to face Masset in your final match, that’s everything from his history, to accomplishments, to title reins, to—

Prime: I’m well versed on his history Chad, what I’m looking for is did you find any weaknesses in his game?

Chad:  Ohhkay… Here’s the dealeo, Masset’s not a spring chicken anymore, so he’s lost a lot of his spunk not to mention a lot of his fire, his win/loss record is far from stellar since returning to the ring. But it can be a bit deceiving, given this is going to be the last match for both of you odds are he will bring all he has left in the tank.  

Prime: I’m counting on it.

Chad:  Question is, how much do you have left in the tank?

Prime: Are you insinuating that I’m passed my prime?

Chad:  Aren’t you? Look Paul, I’m not looking to insult you, lets just look at the facts shall we? Neither you nor Masset have had stellar win loss records since returning to the ring, yours is a little be better but only by a shave. You blew out your knee, had replacement surgery and now less than a year after the surgery you are going to jump back into the ring for one last match. To beat Masset you’re gonna need speed, you don’t have it.

Prime: Oh please.

Chad:  Are you truly being honest with yourself? I mean just look at the cold hard facts, I’m sure Masset has. Unless you truly don’t care who wins this match, in which case you two just want to tear the house down, which in itself, is going to be a bit of a struggle considering both of your limited ability in the ring.

Prime: Jeeze Chad why don’t you just poor a big fat tub of water on the whole deal.

Chad:  I’m just sayin, you don’t have the means or the muscle to pull this off, chances are you’re both going to go out there and embarrass yourselves.

Prime slams his fist down on the table looking Chad in the eye.

Prime: Is this what I got the band back together for? For you to tell me that I don’t have it anymore? I can promise you that Masset and I will give the people a show like they have never ever seen before, because when it’s all said and done, what it’s truly about is leaving it all in the ring, this is our last chance to leave a lasting mark on the business. Masset’s in the hall of fame, that’s something I will never have the chance to achieve, the least I can do is make the people remember “Primetime” Paul Roberts for what he gave in the ring, and make them remember that I was the best superstar never to make it to the hall of fame.

I smile grows on Chad’s face as he looks down at his menu.

Prime: What?

Chad:  That, is what you’re going to need to put on the show that you both want to have, you’re going to have to bring everything you possibly have and leave it in the ring. Because what this comes down to, isn’t Masset winning or you winning, the winner doesn’t matter. You get caught up in trying to beat Masset and the wheels are going to fall off this thing before it even gets started. You want that win, then you better go out there and give it everything you’ve got and be ready to go for sixty minutes, because that’s what the fans are going to want to see. Do you think the fans really care who wins this match? You think beating Masset will somehow mark you down in the annals of time as the greatest ever when you beat Masset when you are both well past your prime? Go out there for the fans, not to get some torch passed to you that has long been forgotten, because all the fans want to see is the match that never happened. The match they thought they would never, ever see.

Prime: You have a way with words my friend. Go into a match, and not care about winning… It’s so crazy it might just work.

Chad:  Now, if you don’t mind I’m gonna order some BBQ Ribs.

Prime: You and your ribs, why don’t you order a man’s meal?

Chad:  You’re suggesting?

Prime: Thirty two ounce sirloin, that aughta do it.

Chad:  You’re serious…

Prime: It comes with a free tshirt! Let’s see Masset and his buffalo wing record beat this!

The two men order their food, and some while later after Chad has finished his ribs, Prime is only halfway through his steak.

Prime: What do you mean it only comes with the free t-shit if you finish the whole thing!?!

Waitress: I’m sorry Mr. Roberts those are the rules. But do you think, me and the girls could get a picture with you for the wall?

Paul looks up at the waitress, his face covered in steak sauce.

Prime: Why sure.

Roberts cleans his face, and steps out from his chair, as the waitresses all circle around.

Waitress: Is it true that you’re officially done after this match?

Prime: It’s official.

Waitress: You think you could give us one last favor?

Prime: And what’s that?

Waitress: Give us one last “Take a look at greatness?”

As the camera man stands waiting, Roberts lowers his eyes, smiling, as he wraps his arms around the women.

Prime: TAKE A LOOK! AT… GREATNESS!!!

*Flash*  The still photo will forever be framed up and put on the wall as he shakes the hands and gives hugs to all the waitresses. He goes and takes a seat back down again next to Chad, at the table.

Chad:  That felt good didn’t it?

Prime: Old school.

Chad:  Isn’t that what this is all about? You gave those girls something to remember forever, when your music hits for the last time, and you step through those ropes, remember leave it all in the ring, never give up, and give your fans one last show that will live forever. Show them one last time, greatness. Masset will bring everything he’s got, you just do the same, and people will remember you forever. This isn’t some gimmic match full of fire or ladders, or giant cages, this match is about one thing, a legendary meeting between two of the greatest to lace up a pair of boots, and make sure EVERYONE remembers that.

The two men finish their dinner, as the camera’s fade out.

Prime: To all the people who made the career of Paul Roberts possible, thank you for all the memories. Memories that will be etched into the annals of time, from the WCF, to DSW, to running the WCF, to the UWF, to ASW, to, to Code Red Wresting, GCW to Insurgency. Everything made Paul Roberts from a rookie with an attitude to a genuine superstar. “Primetime” Paul Roberts is something that needed closure and now I will finally have it. People don’t realize how much we walk a fine line between who we really are and the person that we show to everyone. To everyone who understood the character and loved him through the years I just wanna say thank you. To everyone who allowed me to be who I am, and never hold back. To those of us who just sat around and joked about what could have been. Thank you for the memories, thank you to everyone who made “Primetime” Paul Roberts better than I truly was. If it weren’t for the great talent to work with and push me to be great, I would have never made it this far. Thank you… For the memories.

Chad:  Are you done?

Prime: I think so why?

Chad:  Because, I’ve been contacted by the producers of “Expendables 4” They say they have a part for you, after your last match. Looks like there is life after wrestling after all.

Prime: Well shit, lets get this sob story over with and really get things started. Silver screen here I come! “Hollywood” Paul Roberts! Yeah, I like the sound of that!

Paul Roberts! …Thank you For the Memories!
Back to top Go down

"Primetime" For the Last Time
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Archives :: Archives :: One Last Stand :: One Last Stand :: One Last Stand Roleplays :: Masset [vs] Prime-
Jump to: