Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Last fight on earth

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Last fight on earth Empty
PostSubject: The Last fight on earth   The Last fight on earth I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 2:28 am

Bad habits die hard.

Four long years.......and they still manage to spare no expense with their lavish designs. Then again this being the final show ever it only makes sense to go out in a blaze of glory, it's only fitting that it looks the part.

Martin had already sampled some of the arena's better forms of enjoyment. He found himself a nice spot inside one of the VIP rooms, resting on a brown leather couch long enough to fit his entire form and still have room for a person to sit down. He lays there, staring at the ceiling and counting in his mind the number of light bulbs they installed. Glancing to the left of him is a flat screen TV set, the largest one he's ever seen in his life. This thing takes up almost the entire room with it's sheer frame alone, he could scarcely imagine who would want to watch the final show on a monster of a set as this, seeing as there is a nice view directly across from him. He turns back, noting the sky view, simply a long stainless glass where the arena can be seen, you could even see the wires that attach to the metal scaffolding that holds it in place.

Feeling himself sitting up from his current spot, he sits cross legged, feeling himself rocking back and forth against the couch and taking note of the carpet on the ground. Diamond shape with black and whites that zig zag across the floor. His attention is then turned towards the right side of the room, his body shifting as he does so. Plastered on the wall are the various PPV posters, showcasing the many events that took place within the tenure of IWF. He recalled the conversation he had with the people from the company a few days back after he told his friend and tag partner Sean Libby regarding the match they were going to have. However he would never think that they would come to him soon after and tell him that he's been chosen as a mystery opponent for another match set on the final show.

Once they gave him the name, Martin could feel the eyes shine and his mouth spreading into a grin. The only thing that he could think of at that point in time was "took them long enough."

His eyes now rest on the posters, even with the lack of lightning in the room itself seeing as the place isn't exactly open to the general public, letting only the workers and staff inside the arena itself was the only thing that was lit. Taking that into consideration he can see just as fine as if the lights were on, comes with being used to sitting in the dark, an old habit of his.

On the topic of the arena, he would stand up from his seat and walk over towards the sky view, leaning lightly against the glass, his hand resting on the smooth surface as he beholds the scene before him. While there weren't many people in the arena itself seeing as it's not even close to opening time, he can still detect a few workers near the rows, mostly people who clean up and down the lanes. He couldn't help but feel sorry for those people during after hours, with the amount of fans that will be gathered for this event those workers will be earning their paychecks as they will be spending most of the night and all of the morning cleaning the floors.

He would lean on the window for a moment before backing away, turning his body around before facing the wall of posters once more. His eyes scan the wall, until they rest on one poster.....a poster that would put a smile on his face as the thoughts flowed within his head.

*Flashback*

It was about an half hour before the show, most of the IWF crew had their fun in the sands of Honolulu and most of them are either checking into their hotels, bumming around the local area or just chilling backstage waiting for the PPV to start. Most of the seats are already being occupied as the fans flood in by the hundreds.

Beneath the arena itself was a place that not many people knew about. After leaving his hotel room Martin being ever the curious explorer, would find himself wondering around the insides of the arena itself, passing by workers and fans alike, then he found a door that lead somewhere. The door itself has seen better days, being ruined with cracks on the side and torn paint on the surface. He would open the door when no one was looking and ten minutes after being inside he would walk out, pretending to not notice anything as he went to grab his duffel bag which contained his extra set of clothes and his Walkman. Once he had those items he went back the same way, with no one even having a single clue as to his exact whereabouts, being too preoccupied with their own business.

About ten feet below the arena itself was a large shower room, while it certainty shows it's age with the rust on the walls, Martin was more curious as to how a place like this was made. The shower room itself was no more than a large box of shatter proof glass with nearly half a dozen shower heads hanging over it. Three metal handles are all that activate the showers and Martin reaches for one of the handles and gives it a hard turn, a groaning sound and suddenly two of the shower heads start shooting water across from him. One minute and he turns the handle back the other direction shutting it off. He would find himself nodding his head as he looks at this room, an idea already forming in his head.

Show as already started, the commentators already taken their seats as they go with their play by plays. Meanwhile Cody Taylor of Team Blackout is getting ready for his big break, after setting up an online petition to be included into this match and calling out to Steel Angel on Twitter, thinking he was a coward who is too scared to take on the young buck with the two belts fashioned on his shoulders. He is seen walking down the corridor, his TIW United States belt and World Heavyweight title in tow while his trainers flank him by the sides. Cody was feeling very confident, he thought he had everyone in the TLC match figured out, with Chad having put his battle briefcase on the line, this was all setting up to be Cody's night. He couldn't help but give a smug smile as he walks through the halls. One would say he's being cocky, full of himself and too be fair why shouldn't he? IWF is practically giving him a world title shot off the get go and who is standing in the way of his future title shot? The loser Chad, the weak monster Masque and of course Steel Angel himself. Cody told himself that he was going to make his friend and rival James Shark proud by showing these punks how it's done.

Meanwhile beneath the arena floor sat the man of the hour himself, Steel Angel dressed in a jacket with the top zipped all the way up and his hood covering his entire head. The shower heads have been pouring water into the box for almost ten minutes, some of the water itself seeps through the bottom of the walls and passes through the cracks. Martin himself is seen sitting in the far corner, one leg propped against his forearm and the other just laying there as the water falls down in heavy sheets. Where the water system connects from here is anyone's guess however Martin himself didn't seem to mind nor care about the fact he's likely shooting up the company's water bill with the amount of H20 that he's pouring into this forsaken room he's in. However none of that matters as he finds himself in peace, letting the flow calm his mind and sharpen his thoughts, the music calming his nerves as he prepares for the fight that would for the most part make or break him as an athlete.

For months now he's been chomping at the bit for a shot at some Heavyweight gold, while he had a shot not too long ago when he faced against Brandon it wasn't enough for him. This match was basically a meal ticket, a gift with purchase and Chad being the nice guy to let peer pressure get the better of him, was dumb enough to put it up for grabs letting the likes of him or Cody get a whole of it. He would check the watch, the surface already showing a few drops of water as he sits up from his spot. He's been soaked almost to the bone but it didn't matter as he shut off the water valves one by one. Leaving the shower room behind never to return again.

The match itself was everything that Martin had expected it to be: Fast, Furious and with an added twist by Brandon himself who was working as the GM at the time. The twist being an elimination match until two people remained, within the first minute of the fight both Cody and Steel would do away with deadweight before turning their sights on each other. For Cody this was his golden moment, and he sure as hell wasn't going to allow someone like Steel Angel deny him that.

However there was one that thing that Cody did not count on: The man called Steel Angel.....it wasn't for show that was for certain. Martin had represented his call name that day, no matter what Cody did. He had throw him his best moves, he had throw dangerous move after dangerous move, even nailed him with his trademark finisher, a finisher that put away the likes of James Shark and....he kept tanking it. Martin just kept getting back up, and every time he did Cody felt himself getting more and more closer to grabbing the briefcase and each time he thought he had it in his possession, Steel Angel would be right there to deny him.

Safe to say Cody was growing irritated, clearly he vastly underestimated his opponent, he's heard of iron men who could take as much as they can give but Steel's resolve was getting on his nerves. Every time Cody put him to the ground, he kept mentally telling him "STAY DOWN FUCKER!!" and once he nailed his finisher he thought that was it. He started to make the climb and reach for his prize.

And then he looked down.....and what he saw made his heart sink, his foe just got back to his feet yet again and to make it worse: He's also climbing the ladder as well.

Cody decided to cut his losses and make it to the top, however by the time he got there his foe would reach him. Cody took his frustrations, even after the beating he's taken Cody wasn't discouraged because he still held his trump card as Steel gained the upper hand. Undoing the glove in his hand, Cody showed his trump card: Brass knuckles, for knocking foes out cold there's no better substitute. He waited for his moment and let him have it.

Martin slumped on the ladder, how he hadn't fallen yet was anyone's guess but for Cody, he figured the man was out, put up one heck of a fight but in the end he made his promise and now all he had to do was hit the ground. Cody took his time, savoring his victory, never thinking for a moment that he could possibly lose now.

Then he felt a tug on the briefcase, he figured it was stuck between the rails so he yanked on it, didn't budge. He would pull harder, still no dice and then he looked up and if a picture's worth a thousand words, the look on Cody's face would be priceless.

Just above him is Steel Angel, both hands clamped firmly on the briefcase and he's not letting go. Cody couldn't believe this crap: Even after everything he's put this guy through he still has the nerve to deny him. Cody would redouble his efforts, try to take him out for good, that proved to be his downfall. Martin would sneak in a boot, three solid kicks to the upper body and Cody found himself falling to his defeat.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, here is your winner, and the new holder of the IWF Briefcase, Steel Angel!

*End of Flashback*

Those words would sink into Cody's very soul, he would carry that with him as he made his way backstage. He didn't even bother to chill it with Shark after the latter defended his belt at the main event. He deserved it, Cody didn't he could chalk up an excuse such as his busy work schedule or the problems he has back home however Cody knew better than that. He could try and dress it up, hire some hack writers to change it in his bio whenever he went to another company so that it would look good on paper. However that feeling would never go away, even after he got some "payback" in their rematch a few weeks later it was a hollow victory to say the least. That match didn't change a damn thing in either man's mind and the worst part was both Martin and Cody knew that. However Cody being the stubborn ego driven rebel that he was wouldn't come to terms with it where as Martin had already made peace with himself. To think that it would take this long before either man would met in this ring together for one last show, beating the shit out of each other for the sake of closure.

Martin felt himself shaking his head as he checked the watch on his wrist. In two hours the show will open, no doubt there's already a field of people camped outside waiting for the doors to open up.

He would walk out of that room, closing the door behind him, footsteps echo across the hallway as he moves on through, keeping his focus where it should be: In front of him. Already at the door towards the exit, Martin would take one last breath in before resting his hand on the handle, ready to head downstairs where the back entry is.

Taking one more look behind, Martin could feel a tang of sadness as the realization finally sets in. 'This will be the last time I will set foot in this company' where his thoughts and indeed, part of him is going to miss this place for better or worse.

Giving himself a shrug Martin would open the door, feeling a rush of wind blowing past him as he took note of the flight of stairs before him.

Federations comes and go however moments like these......last a lifetime.

Those words couldn't hold anymore weight as he slams the door behind him, climbing down the endless spiral of metal steps, each once echoing sounds that will never be heard again. He sees another door before him, with a metal handle that leads to the outside world, and the hotel room that awaits just across the street.

With a push Martin would welcome the open air, not even looking back as the door closed behind him.

He'll never return after this but not of that concerns him, all that matters is making the most of this moment while he can. Afterwards he'll won't have to think about it anymore, that stayed in his mind as he made his way into the hotel entrance, taking one last look towards the building behind him, the place where his performance as the Steel Angel is to take his final flight.

Standing there as he watched the sun set across the stadium, only two words formed in his mouth.

Martin
Farewell.......IWF.

With that he would head inside, in what would be the last time he would set foot inside a wrestling ring.

=Shoot to Kill=
-Settling the score.-

Three long years hasn't it? To say this fight has been long overdue is indeed the understatement of the fucking century.

Surprise to see me again Cody? Really you shouldn't, after all who better to give you your farewell party then the man you hate the most. I mean we've had some history haven't we? Brief as it was, seemed like only the other day you came into these very halls prancing around with your nice and shiny little belts that you carried so proudly. You got in my face, you stepped in a federation that I've been apart of, you had no respect for me and you thought I was just going to roll over and let you walk away with a win and title opportunity at my expense.

I mean really!? You thought you could beat me at Spring Fling? THIS guy?

The Last fight on earth R-TOM-HARDY-large570

A face only a mother could ever love and how appropriate wouldn't you agree Cody? That was you when you came in here and tried to start a fight you clearly couldn't fucking win, this was you when you tried to jump on your homeboy James Shark's dick when he made you into his doppelganger and remade Team Swag 2.0. This was you when I handed your ass the only belt you've ever WON in this company by booking you and Shark in tag match using the very briefcase you tried to take from me. Smart move I would say because if you tried that stunt while you had the case, might as well fork it over and say you cashed in your shot at a belt.....a belt that practically symbolized your worth in this company because not too long after you won that tag title, you took your ball home, tuck tail and vanished. Why? Because you couldn't buy yourself a REAL title, a fact you clearly showed when you choked against Robbie Hart twice after chasing his High Impact belt. Fun fact Cody: Me and Shark boy here? We both have one thing in common and that we both made Robbie Hart our bitch. Hell I've beaten him more times than you had girlfriends within the pass two months and you couldn't beat him when it mattered the most. Here's another fun fact for you Cody, when I was Heavyweight Champ while Robbie was kicking your ass keeping his High Impact belt? I solidified my dominance over him and made him see who was truly a paper champion when I handed him a forth straight loss in a row!

Funny how now you decide to show your face after being gone for so long and you're back for what reason exactly? To make yourself relevant to IWF? As if you had any relevance to gain back I mean shit what have you done during your time here aside from having a severe identity crisis? I mean seriously you changed your look and your gimmick as many times as Sean Libby and do we even NEED to discuss that "incident" you had with him? Didn't think so but I digress, you started off with a UFC background, beaten Chuck Liddell and all those other famous fighters. Great.......just great and then you joined revamped Team Swag and was pretty much the white version of James Shark, complete with race card featuring Mr. Marshall Mathers himself Eminem yeah because having an infamous rapper as a race card totally makes you all good in the hood ya dig?

But then you had to go with the lowest hanging fruit possible and set yourself up as the ahem..."Son of...."

He tries desperately not to laugh as he collects himself

"Son of Brandon Cyr-"

He coulden't hold it and starts breaking down in laughter, holding his gut as he bends over in laughter however he manages to stand up straight and recollect himself once more.

Sorry it's just.......I mean "Son of Brenton Cyrus" there I finally said it.....I mean come on dude even the kids at home are laughing at you.....to be fair how can they not after seeing what became of that transaction?

The Last fight on earth Randy-orton-meme-generator-they-found-my-stash-suspended-again-fe76a1

Yeah so just to drive the point home folks......this is the guy that thinks he's gonna just walk in here like he did when he came to IWF the first time around, get a win at MY expense and expect me to just......roll over and take it up the ass then thank him for allowing me to brask in his.....excellence......

I'll say it again.....THIS GUY!

The Last fight on earth R-TOM-HARDY-large570

Before.

The Last fight on earth Randy-orton-meme-generator-they-found-my-stash-suspended-again-fe76a1

And after and watch he's going to talk about his OTHER achievements and how he considers himself better because he doesn't stick to one company at a time. Let me just straighten you out here Cody, you only bring up those accolades because what you could do in the other companies you could NOT do here! You could barely win useless tag titles let alone a singles belt and you of all people think you could just come back here after being away from the company for over three years, show up when you thought it was convenient and then believe that YOU can right the wrongs of your life by stepping up and fighting ME!?

Bitch stop smoking that kush it's killing what little brain cells you have left, assuming of course you HAVE a brain left. I mean seriously you may think of yourself as some hot shot but really? You're just a carbon copy, a face in the crowd, hell people barely even know your damn name, never mind your face. You've done NOTHING while you were here and anything you did was thrown under the rug and forsaken because you never made any impact whatsoever. Your only real achievements were being the tackling dummy of IWF and the whole thing with you killing unborn babies just for the sake of shock value and to truly make yourself stand out? At that point one would say you're trying way too hard. Heck Ethan Cage could learn a thing or two from you, that asshole bashed a fan's head in just to get attention. You? Ptff you caused an abortion and the only thing you had to show for it was a battered body and having your head nearly decapitate when you lost at the steel cage scramble at Fallout. Yeah......didn't think I forgot about that one did you?

What more needs to be said here Cody? You're just a natural born loser, simple as that, you could barely cut it being Shark's errand boy, what chance you think you got on your own? You couldn't handle yourself beating Robbie Hart. Now before you say "But I have beaten you before" let me make one thing clear: Yeah you did defeat me and guess what? So has Robbie and you wanna know what you two have in common? You both only defeated me once and that's it.

This? This is the tiebreaker and I can say that it couldn't have come any later. Such a shame you had to wait until the show was closing it's doors before you decided to grow a fucking pair and step to the plate but hey, better late then never right? Such a shame really to think Deja vu will come back once more because much like how our first match ended with you falling to your defeat. This result wont be any different however the fall would be much worse for you. I mean how can you live with yourself should you lose to me this time around? You couldn't cut it when the lights shine brightest even with everything you had in your disposal why shouldn't this be any different? I'll tell you why Cody: You could never call yourself a true IWF athlete because you were never one to begin with. You were just cheap foil that the company needed when Shark was too much for your typical trash talker. You were in just to fill in the holes and afterwards you were discarded. Ain't too far from the truth isn't it? I mean how long have you been in IWF? Four months maybe? Half that time you were too busy getting yourself served on a silver platter while your agents were working on getting your ass back into the six sided cage with the UFC guys because lord knows you do better there than you do here. Fitting if I do say so myself, the man who couldn't even hack it when he had the golden opportunity in the palm of his hands is going to choke harder than when Show No Mercy choked on that dildo before getting knocked the fuck out.

Too soon Cody?

Won't be soon enough for you. This is your last and only moment, take it from me.......if you can.

And trust me.........you won't.
Back to top Go down

The Last fight on earth
Page 1 of 1