Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Needs to be said man.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Needs to be said man. Empty
PostSubject: Needs to be said man.   Needs to be said man. I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 8:16 pm

No one should take this the wrong way or anything but I just feel like this is something that needs to be said.

It's been at least two months now and I understand Bmac has been busy with rl and such and while I understand it's hard for him to keep up with updates and the like, I'm starting to wonder if he's biting off more than he can chew trying to shoulder this whole show by himself. I mean I knew going into this that writing a show of this magnitude considering it's the FINAL show ever on IWF is going to take a long ass time. That said however I can't help but wonder if Bmac will be able to get it all written and ready at all.

I mean I respect the guy's tenacity and willingness to step up to the plate and write this sucker for all it's worth but my only concern is will he have enough free time at all to put any effort into writing it. I mean I don't want the man to feel like this is a burden or anything I mean hell we all understand that rl comes first before anything else however I imagine many others like myself are wondering the same thing: Will this show ever be written? I'm not trying to doubt Bmac's willingness to get it done but I can't help but wonder if perhaps he should consider asking anyone whose got the free time to carry out some of the burden. I know if he ever asked me to write a match for him I'd likely do it, granted it would take me a day or two but I would get it done, written and sent to him for editing and what not and that would be one less issue he has to worry about.

Like I said, not trying to be rude or anything but I'm just concerned about the likeliness of the show ever being finished or at the very least halfway done. I mean heck he if he's willing to cut his losses and just say "fuck it I'll just cancel the whole show entirely" that's fine, sure some ppl would be disappointed but hey: That's how life works sometimes.

I guess in the end all I'm asking for is whether or not bmac's got it in him to keep going and finish writing the show. I understand if rl is taking too much of his time and he can't finish it I myself won't have any complaints. In the end we all have our own lives to look after and we can just put the matter to rest as opposite to worrying about it because lord knows everyone whose partaken in this event is waiting to see what will happen within the next week or so.

As I stated, if Bmac's willing to cut his losses and stop, that's fine I won't hold it against him. However if he's still making an attempt to write the show, then I encourage him to not overexert himself and just try keep us updated whenever it's convenient.

Anyways I think that's it for me.
Back to top Go down
-Masset-

PostSubject: Re: Needs to be said man.   Needs to be said man. I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:13 am

Back on the first weekly update, it was said "I cannot promise it'll be done in a month, but I definitely will not let it get to June or anything ridiculous."

We're now about two weeks away from June, and all signs point to it taking well into that to be done.  I'd hate to see the IWF go out with a whimper, and I can't speak for anybody else, but my excitement level for this show has faded with each passing week.  And the window of striking while the energy level is still high had passed quite a while ago.  I'll probably check back again later this summer, or wait for Prime to tell me the show is up.

I'm not upset at all.  I just don't really care anymore. I can empathize with life taking everything out of you -- that's been my story for the last ten years since graduating high school -- and something as "silly" as an e-fed show is pretty low on the priority list.  But it'll be sad if the show gets posted six months after the fact with zero fanfare, putters along for a few days as people trickle in to read it, then it shuts down for good.

Maybe the show could be done in episodes, with a match posted as they are finished, instead of waiting until sometime down the line when all of it will be posted in one big go.  Maybe that would be better? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Prime

Prime

PostSubject: Re: Needs to be said man.   Needs to be said man. I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 12:16 pm

I agree, with Masset... maybe it would be better to be put out in episodes. It's not like we are waiting on another rp period. Or at the very least accept some help from people who you trust to help with the show, a show this massive is crazy for anyone to try to write alone. I know this is your baby and you want it to be done by you (Bmac) but if the last 2 months is any indication, the show will probably never happen, without help. It's just too much for anyone to do by themselves, with real life ect. You would have to write at every available moment, between work, school, dates, ect. I just hope you will let someone or some people help get this show done, because IWF deserves to go out with a bang and not a fizzle
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: Needs to be said man.   Needs to be said man. I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Look guys, I know it's taking so long. And you three are obviously the ones most excited and involved in waiting for it so I feel really bad that it's not getting done but I guess I closed IWF down for good reason.

I've brought some help on board (from a few people I trust) but they are pretty busy too. This show will take a while.

The only thing I can do for Prime and Masset is just edit their match a bit and post it as a standalone. I could write that up real quick, have it at a separate location, say it was done as a one match event because IWF didn't want to overshadow the great careers of these two with anything else.

Otherwise, if you guys don't want that then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to just drop the show. It will get done. I'm not going to post it in episodes or anything. When I am done, I will start hyping it on twitter and start getting everyone ready, and I have plenty of plans for that and trust me. It'll work.

But I'm not going to do anything differently than I have already planned. If that's unacceptable to you then I'm sorry but it is what it is. But this show was always meant to be something extra and special, and voluntary. There was always the risk that something would happen and it not even happen. But it is going to happen, so I guess that's that. If you want to just check in once a month, then go for it. If you'd like me to post the Masset/Prime match as a standalone then let me know. Otherwise I'll just keep trucking along. That's all I can really say.
Back to top Go down
Prime

Prime

PostSubject: Re: Needs to be said man.   Needs to be said man. I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 4:40 pm

No... I don't wanna see our match posted as a single. Not sure how Masset feels, as long as the show is still gonna happen I'm good. I think we all just got concerned that its been so long that the show wasn't gonna happen. All we want is to see the show happen, and if you have it under control then I trust you. So kick ass Bruh
Back to top Go down
Tabula Rasa

PostSubject: Re: Needs to be said man.   Needs to be said man. I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Not trying to be antagonistic or anything, but BMac has kept us updated. Sure, the chatbox doesn't work for everybody (me included) but it's not as though the forum has been sitting vacant for ages.

I know it can be hard to wait on results - even though my match doesn't have a lot of meaning in terms of closing off the fed, I'm genuinely looking foward to reading it - but at the end of the day, it's not impossible to contact BMac, via twitter at least, even if you don't have the email.

One of the worst things you can do in terms of seeing this show come out, is to put huge public pressure on the writer, and ending up creating writer's block because of it.

I can see where you guys are coming from, but you're not the only ones regularly checking in on results, and I can't see that publicly criticising the timeline is going to make it move any faster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Needs to be said man.   Needs to be said man. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Needs to be said man.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Archives :: Archives :: One Last Stand :: One Last Stand :: Rules-
Jump to: