Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gavin Grimes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gavin Grimes

Gavin Grimes Empty
PostSubject: Gavin Grimes   Gavin Grimes I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 5:38 am

PERSONAL DETAILS
The Following Questions are for Announcing Purposes, and will affect the way this wrestler is introduced and the way commentary describes them.

Name - Gavin Grimes

Ring Name/Nickname - Gavin Grimes

Birthdate - 3/31/1994

Hometown - Born in Sacramento, CA, resides in Las Vegas, NV

Height - 5'10"

Weight - 180 lbs

Alignment - Tweener leaning heel

Picture Base - Justin Bieber (2014-current look)

In Ring Attire - Black pants, white tank top, black gloves with the finger tips cut off and a pair of white Jordan's.

Entrance Theme "Throne" by Bring Me The Horizon

Entrance
The opening beat to "Throne" begins to blare over the PA system and flashing white lights illuminate the arena, going along with the beat of the song and it causes the fans to cheer. Gavin Grimes is now standing at the top of the entrance way, a black hoodie on with the hoodie up on his head, while also wearing a pair of black jeans, black gloves with the finger tips cut off and a pair of white high-top Jordan's. Gavin's has his hands crossed as he looks down at the ground under him, his head nodding up and down to the beat of the music.

~~Remember the moment you left me alone and
Broke every promise you ever made
I was an ocean, lost in the open
Nothing could take the pain away
So you can throw me to the wolves
Tomorrow I will come back
Leader of the whole pack
Beat me black and blue
Every wound will shape me
Every scar will build my
THRONE~~

As the word throne begins to blare over the PA system, Gavin pulls off the hoodie from his head and begins to walk confidently down the ramp. Once he makes it to the ring, Gavin slides through the ropes. Gavin now takes off his pullover jacket and throws it into the crowd and it now reveals that he was wearing a white tank top under the pullover. Gavin then walks up to the ropes and stands up on the bottom rope while raising up one hand to the crowd as they cheer him on.

FIGHTING STYLE
Athletic highflyer that's also great at countering moves because of is speed and agility, so he's quite technical as well.

Preferred Style - Depends on the size of his opponent. Gavin adjusts pretty well considering who he is facing but he usually relies on a good combination of his athleticism and high IQ. He won't fall for many tricks during a match.

Avoided Style - He avoids power moves and will avoid mat wrestling if his opponent is much larger than him.

Other Strengths (In-ring) - As long as he knows his opponent in advanced, he'll always be quite familiar with them when it comes to their personal lives and their in-ring style. Gavin literally obsesses over his opponent, finding out every detail there is possible and using it to his advantage, it's why it's so hard to get one over on him in the ring. It happens, but not often.

Other Weaknesses (In-ring) - He's not the biggest guy in the sport, so it can be an issue but he's beaten people twice his size or more on several occasions.

Confidence Factor - He's confident but he's mostly all business. He'll trash talk his opponent, especially if it's someone he doesn't like. But he won't taunt a whole lot, especially with the crowd.

Dirty Factor - Despite the way that Gavin runs his mouth at times, which can be quite harsh, he plays by the rules. He loves wrestling and has never cheated to pick up a victory in his entire career. He has a moral code he lives by in the ring and cheating is a huge no.

Danger Factor - He'll put himself at a high risk to win. Think Jeff Hardy basically. Gavin has no fear.

Other notes - N/A

Signature Moves (Max 3)

Signature 1 - Sac-Town Kick
Description - Superkick to a kneeling opponent

Signature 2 - King's Crossface
Description - Crossface Chickenwing with bodyscissors

Signature 3 - Tribute to Deadeye
Description - Pele Kick

Finishing Moves (Max 2)

Finisher 1 - The Crowning
Description - Headlock driver, the original Dirty Deeds

Finisher 2 - King Splash
Description - Phoenix Splash, basically a corkscrew 450 splash. This is used quite often after The Crowning.

OTHER INFORMATION
Like the personal information, this is simply any other pertinent information you'd like to provide about the background of your character and serves to give commentary things to discuss.[i]

Biography
[i] Gavin was disowned by his parents in February of 2012, a month before his eighteenth birthday. Him and his sister, Sophie, grew up in an abusive household where anything bad that happened was their fault. Gavin was kicked out because after seeing his sister get mistreated, he attacked his father in a fit of rage and ended up getting arrested. However, his parents decided not to press charges. They handed him an envelop that had five thousand dollars in it and told Gavin to get lost with one stipulation... To never come back and to never attempt to contact his sister, Sophie, ever again. Gavin traveled from his hometown of Sacramento, to Las Vegas to start a new life. He worked dead end jobs as a bus boy for almost a year before losing his last job and his apartment in the same day. In desperation, he applied to Chris Night's wrestling school in March of 2013 but he had no money to pay for it. Chris denied him attendance but the co-owner of Chris' wrestling school, Xavier Young, felt sympathy for Gavin and took responsibility for him while taking him under his wing. While Chris Night took Julian Savell under his ring, Xavier made Gavin his protege. Despite Xavier Young having an outlandish personality with an obsession for Skittles and a hatred for M&M's, Gavin still saw him as a mentor. Gavin has been training with Xavier for the last 20 months and he feels like he is finally able to showcase his skills in a professional wresting setting. Xavier Young believes that Gavin is ready to compete against anybody and put up a fight. That's why Gavin decided to join Portland Pro Wrestling and he had one of the hottest debuts the company has seen. He started off 5-0 and made it to the semi-finals of the tournament of roses before losing to Xander Shaw. Gavin would then rebound at Deck the Halls and win a 10 man battle royal, earning him a shot at the Rose City Championship. Gavin would then win his next match against Cheyenne Thomas for the Portland Pro Rose City Championship, making him 8-1 in his career. Gavin would eventually lose the title and he decided to put his focus on NGW where his best friend, Deadeye, was a competitor as well. Gavin's career would start off with a bang in NGW and he's accumulated a 6-1 record while also winning the second ever Rags 2 Riches match and also becoming the third NGW Unified Heavyweight Champion against Mark Storm, Corey Bull, Dirk Bentley, Tyson Gregory and Mark Storm after Deadeye had to forfeit the title due to his severe neck injury. As for the Gavin's personal life, nothing is known about his family besides that is sister is Sophie Grimes and she recently came back into Gavin's life after a three year absence from each other due to Gavin being disowned by their parents. Gavin is also married to Ashleigh Jericho, the Inferno Champion of Season Two of Inferno Wrestling and current NGW Five Lakes Champion. The couple have lived together since the end beginning of December 2015 and have been a couple since early October when they met each other. Ashleigh and Gavin may have disagreements at times but they are a very strong couple who support and believe in each other. Gavin would do absolutely anything for Ashleigh and she would do the same for him. So far Gavin as accumulated an 11-1 record in NGW and has yet to be pinned or submitted in the company even though he signed with NGW in December.

Accomplishments
1X NGW Unified Heavyweight Champion (Current)
1X NGW Rags 2 Riches briefcase winner
1X Portland Pro Wrestling Rose City Champion
Total Record: 21-4
Back to top Go down

Gavin Grimes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: The Insurgency HQ :: Insurgency HQ :: Sign Up-
Jump to: