Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Matches

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:49 pm

These will be designed for new talent who have only been here for 1-3 weeks. Only one Rp counts. If you want a word count limit that could happen too. And when writing the match you don't need to add commentary. This would be a good way to gauge new talent. If they dominate this type of match you can graduate them to normal matches. If they are having problems keep them there to avoid huge storyline hassles and no shows that take up time.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:10 pm

I like it, actually. Sean had ideas for Dark matches, but in the end, it was essentially quick resulted matches, which I didn't really see the point of. But I do like the idea of sort of limiting the RP's and such for beginners. Let them get used to the weekly schedule before throwing them to the dogs.

I think this is worth testing when we next get a new guy.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 pm

I LIEK DIZ IDEA 2!!!!!!

It can provide a new way to introduce new guys without having them overwhelmed (Problem Johnny Valentine? Trollface.jpg )

So they will be actual written matches, and no quick resulted ones? Because that was the way it used to be done.
Back to top Go down

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:56 pm

Shadow Demon wrote:
I LIEK DIZ IDEA 2!!!!!!

It can provide a new way to introduce new guys without having them overwhelmed (Problem Johnny Valentine? Trollface.jpg )

So they will be actual written matches, and no quick resulted ones? Because that was the way it used to be done.

Well I don't want the match writers overwhelmed either so I think it would be better if they weren't long written ones.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Does it matter? If we ignored your idea, we'd be writing matches for them anyway, wouldn't we? I don't mind writing out matches for the people that put forth the effort. It's squashes I hate to write
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Which is why i'm an admin! I love writing squash matches!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:16 pm

Of course its up to you guys.
Back to top Go down

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:15 am

Personally if I was a new guy I would feel kinda slighted by this. I signed up put forth an effort and you give me this?? I guess I may be more inclined to it if I questioned my ability in the new fed and wanted to get warmed up, but if I was like myself or Dan or DA I have been doing this awhile and know I can hang so it doesn't make sense. Just my two cents. Basically great for total noobs but might suck fora guy that has been doing it awhile.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:26 am

That's true...but I think the other thing about it is like...it's not a "set" time. Like, if someone totally new to the game came in, he might have 3 or 4 of these "dark matches" before we moved him up. Because he needs it, you know? Others, like if we'd done it with you or Dan or someone else who's been doing it a while, would have one match. Because we'd be able to notice from that first week that to continue him in these matches is a waste of time and talent.

Most RP feds have SOME way of "testing" new talent. Like, some way of figuring out where the guy's skill level lies so they can get the appropriate push. Our way used to be that we would either book him against one of IWF's favorite losers (Axel, Blackwing, Flex, etc), or we'd see if they put up a CD RP, and go from there.
Back to top Go down

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 am

I am cool with the whole no set limit thing because then someone with talent wouldn't feel slighted. In other feds I have been in they have like a whole seperate show for noobs, but that particular fed had massive influx who stuck around.
Back to top Go down
Sean Libby

Sean Libby

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 3-4-0
Alignment: In Between

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:41 am

I think it would be a great thing for a new person to IWF. Also i think it would be okay for the lower talent. It would be able to show that anybody can get a chance on the show.
Back to top Go down

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 3:59 am

Yeah, I think the main thing here is to not make it like a huge step down from the actual competition. Like, you know what I mean? Some guy might come in and be like, 'Hey, why am I doing dark matches. Aren't they for like...people who are bad?'

We just have to make sure that we inform them it's basically the same as the regular competition only you won't be thrown into the deep end against main event guys who you probably don't have the skill level to take on yet. That's the thing about E-Feds, if you can make the competition for a new guy fair so that they have a good chance at winning if they try hard, then they'll want to stay and work their way up the ranks. So that's what we are doing with these dark matches Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Matches   Dark Matches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Matches
Page 1 of 1