Insurgency Wrestling Federation

Rise Again

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sorry too...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Sorry too...   Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:07 am

Sorry to piggyback on the whole JHawk retiring thing but I'm sure a few of you knew this was coming. I said I'd call it quits when I'd achieved the only thing I hadn't in my decade plus of fedding and that was when I'd won a world title. Now I have, and despite my best efforts to not pull a Corey (sorry Razz) and defend my title at least once, it's gone.

Honestly, I nearly didn't even sign up for IWF as RRL at all because by the time NLWF tanked I had pretty much lost my enthusiasm for doing this all. Don't get me wrong, it has been an absolute blast doing this with you guys, and those of you I have gotten to know over the past 9 months are absolute legends, but somewhere along the line I did an Austin Powers and lost my mojo. I'm sure some of you noticed a significant decline in quality in my RPs and even though I pulled it back a bit this week with a badass dream RP I don't know that I'll ever have the ideas to make Ruben a consistent competitor again, so I will bow out now, before he becomes an embarrassment.

I will definitely be sticking around and will probably be in the chatbox just as much as I am normally (providing it's working, the NLWF site has been playing up a lot for me lately...)

Will I be back? Possibly, at some point in the future. Will it be soon? Probably not. Every now and then we burn ourselves out in this business, and I know that when I do it it doesn't just come back overnight, it takes a long time for me to want to get back in to it. But, if IWF is still kickin' when the fire comes back, then you bet it'll be the only place I even think about joining. If I do come back, will it be with Ruben? Almost certainly not. I love Ruben, and I thank you all here for giving me the opportunity to really explore a character that I've previously been unable to, but I think he's done now. Hell, all the characters goals are complete. He just wanted to win a world title. Ruben is done, I think. I'll no doubt have some other unusual racial minority character to play though. Hell, I used to RP a Chinese Martial Artist.

Guys, it has been an every crazy fucking ride, and I thank each and every one of you for that. May IWF reign for many a year!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry too...   Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:35 am

Two of the best all around characters I have seen in all my years of efedding and they both leave right when I am hitting my stride....GRRR. It was great to see your work week in and week out and if the series that got you up to the Title wasn't your best work, I am totally amazed. Whether you were an old white dude or a high flyin Mexican't is was always a pleasure having you on board bro, you will be missed.
Back to top Go down
BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: Sorry too...   Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:28 am

Yeah man. I've known this was coming since we started, but its still sad to see. The two of us started in the NLWF at the exact same time. Both of our first feuds there were against each other. We had some great matches (albeit, one sided Razz) but even still, I had to try my ass off every time I fought you.

You were a great RPer when you had time to RP, which somehow you managed to do while travelling across Europe, so I commend you for that. Not only were you a great RPer, but you were an awesome guy to hang out with in the chatbox. Ruben was a great character, and it was amazing to see him finally reach his goal of being world champion. Ruben was one of the greats, and I know I'll miss him. I'll miss you too man. It sucks that you're leaving, but hey, if you have no ideas, you have no ideas. If you can't write, you can't write. I know I hope that you'll stick around the chatbox and stuff. You were on of the greats.

And I know that everyone is thinking it, so I'll just say it out loud right now

Next week in Ruben Ricardo Leon's final match, he goes one on one with the one man who I believe deserves to be Ruben's final opponent.

Ruben Ricardo Leon [vs] Brandon Macdonald

IWF Record: 24 Wins 7 Losses 2 Draws
Overall Pro Wrestling Record: 42 Wins 8 Losses 2 Draws

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Sorry too...   Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:41 pm

You'll definitely be missed man. Shitty that you have to leave...but like you said, we knew it was coming, it was just a matter of waiting for the time to come. No worries.

Adios, my not-actually-Mexican amigo. Have fun putting turkeys through metal entrance ramps...or whatever it is you do in your free time Razz

Come back and visit sometime.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Sorry too...   Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:00 am

Mate I wish I got to know you a bit better! LOL it seems that whenever you were online I'd always be doing something else, despite the fact that we both have similar time zones Razz

You know how it is, us Aussies and Brits, we're tight man! We'll all miss you for sure, and I'm grateful that you got to accomplish your goal of winning a world title. Let me tell you, that match where you lost it was cetainly one of the closest I've ever seen, and great fun to write.

I'm also gonna miss letting you know about all the Aussie-speak that you love so much Wink

So long, and take care my friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry too...   Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:00 am

h8u Chuck Razz

Thanks guys, you all saying that stuff means a lot.

I will still be about in the chatbox pretty regularly and keeping up to date on shows and whatnot, so this isn't the end. And SD, if you really want you can PM me your Aussie-speak phrase of the week every week, keep me updated Razz
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Sorry too...   Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:42 am

RRL...it's going to be depressing to see you go mate. You were our original boy from Britain and you definitely will not be soon forgotten, i promise you that. You were one of the funnest characters to write matches for since I pretty much wrote your character as this amazing Mexican Lunchador...which forced me to think creatively so that way i could make you do awesome shit (like DDT people using your legs!).

OOC i'm going to miss the time you spent in the chatbox with us. I know you said that you are still going to be around which is awesome...that way i can embarrass you in yet MORE Monty Python quote offs!!!!

[21:13:02] Sean Libby : I've always BO-Lieved that Cee Cee remained the epitome of what IWF stood for.
[21:13:39] Sean Libby : Rebellious, a true Insurgent, a spitter at authority. Because hes Corey FUCKING Casey.

IWF FUCKING ORIGINAL

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

PostSubject: Re: Sorry too...   Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:03 pm

It was an honor facing you in your biggest match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry too...   

Back to top Go down

Sorry too...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Out of Character :: Discussions-
Jump to: