Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thanks for Nothing. Final Part

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

Thanks for Nothing. Final Part Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for Nothing. Final Part   Thanks for Nothing. Final Part I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Chuck looks around, but the other people at the table seem just as confused as he is.

Jessica Matthews: “Were we expecting anyone else, Charlie?”

Chuck shakes his head.

Chuck Matthews: “Not that I was aware of…hold on, I’ll get it.”

He leaves, grateful for the opportunity to slip away from the rest of the family. He get to the front door and looks through the peephole.

Chuck Matthews: “What the fuck?”

He opens the door, staring at the man on the other side.

Jason Hawk: “Hai Chuck!”

Chuck stares at him for a moment. Jason frowns.

Jason Hawk: “I said HAI CHUCK!”

Chuck Matthews: “Yeah, hi. What’s up?”

Jason Hawk: “Well, Kat won’t respond to my texts. Matt and Monster are busy…so I thought I’d come by and pay you a visit!”

Chuck stares at Jason a moment, still trying to figure out why Jason decided to come all the way to Chicago just to visit him.

Chuck Matthews: “I’m kinda busy right now…”

Jason Hawk: “Doing what? You got sexy gyaldems up in here?”

Chuck blinks a few times, staring at him.

Jaosn Hawk: “YOU DO!”

Chuck Matthews: “No, I don’t. Do you even know what day it is?”

Now it’s Jason’s turn to stare at Chuck, confused.

Jason Hawk: “Thursday?”

Chuck Matthews: “No. Well, yeah…but do you know why today is important?”

Jason Hawk: “Um……It’s your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHUCK!”

Jason raises his hand for a high five. Chuck shakes his head.

Chuck Matthews: “My birthday is in May.”

Jason Hawk: “Oh. Right.”

Chuck Matthews: “Today is-“

Jason Hawk: “WHOA THAT’S A LOT OF FOOD!”

Jason pushes past Chuck, having spotted the Thanksgiving meal on the table in the next room. Chuck stands there for a moment, trying to figure out what just happened. He shakes his head, and turns to follow Hawk into the dining room.

Jason Hawk: “Alison! Hi!”

Alison Williams: “Hi Jason! What are you doing here?”

Jason Hawk: “I just thought I’d swing by to see my buddy Chu-“

Jason stops, noticing Chris sitting across from Alison. He glares at Chris.

Jason Hawk: “You…”

Chris Matthews: “Hello, Hawk.”

Chuck tries not to laugh. Jason and Chris weren’t exactly the best of friends. Not since Chris had beaten Hawk. Three times. In a row. Jason glares at Chris for a moment.

Amy Matthews: “Why don’t you join us, Mr…..um…”

Jason Hawk: “Hawk. Jason Hawk.”

He smiles and takes a seat in Brandon’s vacated chair. Jessica hands him a spare plate.

Jessica Matthews: “Help yourself.”

Jason Hawk: “Sweet!”

He begins piling food on his plate. Chuck tries not to laugh. That was Jason for you. He was a funny guy, and lately, seemed to be the only friend Chuck had…besides Alison. Even then, Alison was nice for talking to, and having a conversation with. Jason was a friend Chuck could hang out with on weekends. Go to a bar or something, and chill. He’d had friends like that in the past…they were gone now…

Amy Matthews: “So, Mr. Hawk…where are you from?”

Jason Hawk: “San Diego. Originally the Faroe Islands.”

Amy Matthews: “I’ve never heard of it.”

Jason Hawk: “It’s not very big.”

Chuck Matthews: “Not the first time you’ve had to say that, is it, Hawk?”

Jason kicks the leg of Chuck’s chair. Chuck, who was leaning back to start with, quickly grabs hold of the table to avoid falling back.

Jason Hawk: “Kat would say otherwise.”

Amy Matthews: “Your cat?! That’s repulsive!”

Jason Hawk: “Kat. Katrina. My girl back home. She is great.”

Amy Matthews: “Oh. Of course.”

She looks at Chuck.

Amy Matthews: “Now, whatever happened to that Aubrey girl you was seeing?”

Chuck Matthews: “We….ran into some complications.”

Amy Matthews: “Really now, Charlie! If it’s not one girl, it’s another with you! Your brother and sister have been engaged. Christopher is getting married soon. Here you are now, dating Blondie over here?”

Jason starts laughing.

Jason Hawk: “Chuck and Alison?”

Alison Williams: “We’re not dating.”

Chuck Matthews: “We’re not.”

Amy Matthews: “Well, that makes it worse then! You need to be getting out there Charlie! When was the last time you had a nice, romantic date with a pretty girl?”

Chuck opens his mouth, but stops. He remembers it. It was only a few weeks ago, he and Anna had gone out for a nice night in the city.

Chuck Matthews: “It’s been a while.”

Amy Matthews: “That’s not healthy, Charlie. You’re getting old.”

Chuck tries to stay calm, though he speaks through clenched teeth.

Chuck Matthews: “I’m fine, mom.”

Amy Matthews: “I just don’t understand you can stand to live like this. I’m concerned for you.”

Chuck Matthews: “I know what I’m doing.”

Amy Matthews: “You just keep this up, Charlie. You’ll be alone for the rest of your-“

Chuck Matthews: “SHUT UP!”

The entire table goes dead silent, and all heads turn towards Chuck. Chuck glares at his mother, one fist on the table, where he’s just slammed it, leaving a mark. THe other hand clutches a knife which, just moments earlier was cutting the turkey on his plate. Now, it’s wedged into the table, the result of Chuck inadvertently slamming it into the wood. The people around the table stare at him. Chuck looks around at them for a moment, then stares at the knife in the table. He growls, and storms out of the room, heading up the stairs.

Chuck Matthews: “What the fu-“

He nearly shoves Ashley to the ground as he turns the corner to the hallway, bumping into her. Ashley ignores it, and walks by without saying a word. Chuck keeps walking down the hall, but slows down. He sighs, and turns around.

Chuck Matthews: “Ashley.”

Ashley turns towards him. Her face is red and puffy, and it looks as though she’s been crying.

Chuck Matthews: “Are you alright?”

Ashley nods.

Ashley Matthews: “Fine.”

Chuck Matthews: “What’s wrong?”

Ashley Matthews: “I said I’m fine.”

Chuck Matthews: “So what were you crying about?”

Ashley’s lip trembles.

Ashley Matthews: “Brandon left…”

Chuck takes a deep breath. He wondered whether that relationship would last, and he had figured Ashley wouldn’t take too well to it if it ended.

Chuck Matthews: “Are you gonna be okay?”

Ashley nods, sniffling a bit.

Ashley Matthews: “I think so.”

Chuck Matthews: “Alright.”

He turns to walk away. He wasn’t really sure what else to say. What could he say?

Ashley Matthews: “Thanks, dad…”

Chuck turns to look at her. She smiles weakly, but it’s a smile nonetheless. Chuck nods, and smiles at her. Maybe the things that had happened in the past were finally behind them…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chuck Matthews: “Steel Ang-

Dark Angel?

Archangel?

Really?

So…I find myself this week looking across the ring at a man who, since his IWF career began, has done nothing but…

Actually, scratch that. He’s done nothing. Period. End of story. Moving on.

Oh, you won the New Blood Title? Most dominant New Blood Champion in IWF so far, huh? Well, then allow me to rephrase what I said. Steel Angel has done nothing, when compared to the career of Chuck Matthews.

You defended the New Blood Title four times? For every defense of a mediocre belt, I’ve had two world title runs. Two. I’ve been a tag champion more times than I can count. I’ve headlined shows, I’ve competed in matches of the year. I’ve done it all. I’ve won it all. And I’m only twenty-six. So allow me to ask you again…

Who the fuck are you?

I mean, look at me. I’m not arrogant to the point that I would call my run in IWF so far “Successful.” But let me ask you…even with my lackluster IWF run, people consider me a threat. They keep a constant eye out, looking over their shoulders, watching for Chuck Matthews. Listening for my voice, knowing fully well that my words could mean the end for them. Why?

I’ll tell you why. Because I am, without a shadow of a doubt, the smartest man in professional wrestling. There is no end of Chuck Matthews. I will be here forever, no matter what other people may try and say or do about it.

Speaking of which…how’s it going, Craig? Long time, no see, eh?

Craig Hemming…I’ll keep it brief, and save my breath for our match at New Year’s Evil. What I’ll say to you this week?

You and I have a long history. As friends. As enemies. THe last time I saw you, you were wishing me well as I was about to sign my contract with NLWF and leave RWF for good. Now, you’re here in IWF…and you’re quickly becoming a thorn in my side. You want a cage match at New Year’s Evil? Fine. But you’ll be wise to remember just who you’re competing against. This is not the Chuck Matthews you shook hands with three years ago. This is not the Chuck Matthews who would jog to the ring, high-fiving people, dicking around in the ring, only to go backstage and have a friendly little party in his locker room. I’ve wised up. In this business, there’s one thing that matters, and one thing only. Winning. And that’s what I do best. I go out, and I fucking win.

I promise, our match will be no exception.

And Steel? Dark? Archangel? Death-Bitch? Whatever you're calling yourself?

That applies to you, too.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

Thanks for Nothing. Final Part
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Archives :: Archives :: IWF Battlegrounds :: IWF Battlegrounds :: Battlegrounds Roleplays-
Jump to: