Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Grounds III: The New Era

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Battle Grounds III: The New Era Empty
PostSubject: Battle Grounds III: The New Era   Battle Grounds III: The New Era I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Demolition Day
March 27th, 2011

Anna- Hello everyone and welcome to IWF’s very first Pay Per View…

Clips begin rolling from Demolition Day…

William Darlington, James Shark, Lord Blackwing and ZIF are seen standing in the ring, each man in his respective corner. In the middle of the ring, the referee holds the Full Throttle Championship high over his head. In the distance, a bell sounds and all four men rush into the middle of the ring. The four men meet and ZIF suddenly explodes into flames, followed by Lord Blackwing and then, finally, William Darlington. Again, the sound of a bell is heard in the distance…

Megan O’Day- You’re winner…and new Full Throttle Champion…James Shark!

James Shark stands alone in the center of the ring. He clutches the Full Throttle Championship tightly to his chest as the sound of thousands of fans cheering explodes from all around. Suddenly, James Shark turns into a pile of ashes and is blown away.

The lights in the arena go out for a few moments. Suddenly, Anna’s voice can be heard echoing around the darkness

Anna- Up next we have the first ever all female match here in IWF…

The lights turn back on and Karly Zedic is seen standing in the middle of the ring. At Karly’s feet lies RAWRLURB, her motionless body is spread eagled on the canvas. Karly’s hand is being held high by the ref as Megan O’Day’s voice once again calls out from seemingly nowhere…

Megan O’Day- You’re winner…Karly Zedic….

Karly suddenly stomps on RAWRLURB’s face, causing RAWRLURB’s body to explode into a shower of dust which is blown away by a gust of wind. After standing alone in the spotlight for a moment, Karly Zedic slowly turns to ashes and is blown away as well…

From the ashes of where Karly once stood, Chris Matthews suddenly appears. He is locked in heated combat with Duke Reginald Churchill. Duke Reginald looks to hit the Third Estate Stomp but Chris manages to counter the move and sling Duke Reginald against the ropes. Duke Reginald rebounds back and Chris Canonizes him.

Suddenly, a man slides into the ring behind Chris. The sound of Lord Blackwing’s voice echoes all around

Lord Blackwing
Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pride that I introduce to you the newest member of the Right Honourable Gentlemen...hailing from God's Country, great and glorious England...Mr. Tyson Rowle!

Tyson Rowle and Duke Reginald begin beating down on Chris Matthews when another man emerges from the stands carrying a steel chair. The man blasts Duke Reginald and Tyson Rowle in their faces, causing both members of the RHG to turn into clouds of ashes…

Chuck- TIM PATRICK IS BACK!

The lights go out and thousands of fans cheer wildly…

When the lights come back on, Connor O’Shannon is seen in the middle of the ring. Connor has the Irish Necktie synched in tightly on the massive form of Death-Angel. Connor O’Shannon pulls back tightly on the hold as Death-Angel’s face turns an ugly shade of red

Chuck- Will Death-Angel pass out knowing that the High Impact Championship is on the line?!

A ref suddenly appears and lifts Death-Angel’s arm up once, letting it fall back to the mat. The ref grabs Death-Angel’s arm again and lets it fall to the mat a second time. Connor lets out a mighty roar as he puts all his strength into choking out Death-Angel as the ref grabs Death-Angel’s arm and lets it fall to the mat one more time. As soon as Death-Angel’s arm hits the mat the third and final time, a massive explosion rocks the ring, turning Connor, the ref and Death-Angel into clouds of ash.

Anna- Connor O’Shannon has done the impossible! Connor has choked out the might Death-Angel and retained the High Impact Championship!

Battle Grounds III: The New Era Static

The sound of static can be heard droning on. Suddenly, a familiar voice can be heard in the background

Corey Casey
It is my destiny to become the first ever IWF World Heavyweight Champion

The static suddenly stops and the Demolition Day ring is seen again. Half of the ring is basked in a red glow. Standing in the corner of the ring lit by the red light is Corey Casey. There is a familiar smirk on his face as he stares into the darkness across the ring. Another familiar voice is heard echoing from the darkness…

Brandon Macdonald
Obviously you didn’t take into account the fact that you have to get through me

Blue light suddenly bursts forth from the darkness across from Corey Casey. Brandon Macdonald is shown standing across the ring from Corey, a serious look on his face. In the middle of the ring, a ref is seen holding the IWF World Heavyweight Title high above his head

Chuck - We've never seen these two matches up before. NOW WE WILL!

Anna - Brandon Macdonald and Corey Casey have been at odds for a long time, but they've never actually fought one on one. Now they’re going head to head…one on one…for the IWF Championship!

The sound of a bell rings in the distance and both men run straight at each other. The red and blue lighting follows each man and, when Corey and Brandon meet in the middle of the ring, the red and blue lights meet and there is a massive explosion of color. The two men trade blows as the red and blue lights flash, causing the whole scene to look as though it is occurring under a strobe light.

Suddenly, the lights flash and Corey Casey is seen standing in the corner. A wicked grin spreads across his face as he sees Brandon Macdonald slowly pulling himself up to his hands and knees. Corey stomps his foot once…twice…three times. Corey suddenly sprints out of the corner and punt kicks Brandon right in the temple. Corey collapses on
top of Brandon and every single light in the shuts off. The sound of a hundred thousand fans can be heard counting along with the ref

-1-

-2-

-3-

A bell sounds in the distance

Anna- I DON’T BELIEVE IT!!!

The red lights turn back on to show Corey Casey standing in the middle of the ring. He is on his knees and the IWF World Title lies before him. Corey stares at the title for a moment as a relieved smile appears on his face. Corey slowly reaches out and takes the IWF Title in his arms. He slings the title over his right shoulder and looks at the camera

Corey Casey
I am Destiny’s Chosen One…who dares challenge me?

Battle Grounds III: The New Era BattleGrounds2

Fire explodes out of the four ring corners, and fireworks begin exploding up either side of the ramp before sending a massive fireworks display on the stage. A jet of flame erupts on the stage, reaching up to the screen, where the IWF Phoenix logo appears. The camera pans across the crowd, taking in some of their signs.

"Corey Casey, new IWF Champion!" "Current Temperature in Hell: -13°F" "WE HAVE NEW TALENT?!" "What Can I Do Y'FER?" "Rick Christian can punish me!" "Hey Chris...Y SO SRS?!"

Chuck - We are LIVE from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, hot off the heels of our first Pay-Per-View and we're getting ready for more awesomeness that only IWF can provide.

Anna - And we have a new champion.

Chuck - Correction! We have TWO new champions! James Shark winning himself the Full Throttle Title in the Demolition Day opener, and Corey Casey, becoming the first IWF Champion in company history in the main event!

Anna - What a match that was. Tonight, the aftermath of D-Day, as we kick off the Corey Casey era, and move towards Bloody Sunday in just a couple weeks time.

Chuck - Should be very entertaining, to say the least. First off tonight, though, we got ourselves a fatal four way match between some of IWF's rising stars...and Death-Angel.

"Not Afraid" by Eminem plays throughout the arena. Tyson Rowle walks down to the ring, looking around at the fans. He climbs up into the ring, as the people boo.

Megan O'Day - The following match is a Fatal Four-Way match scheduled for one fall! Introducing first...from Sheffield, England...weighing tonight at 229 pounds...TYSON ROWLE!

Chuck - I like this kid. Only a week in, and he's getting a reaction. That's tough to do.

Anna - He made his presence known at Demolition Day, costing your brother, Chris Matthews, his match. Then, to add insult to injury, Lord Blackwing revealed that Tyson is the newest member of the Right Honourable Gentlemen!

Chuck - Those guys have had Chris's number the past couple of weeks. But Chris is a Matthews, and when there are a bunch of guys building up a karmic debt like these jackasses, the Matthews are sure to collect.

Anna - So far, not good.

Chuck - Patience, Annie.

Anna - Don't call me Annie.

"Party Up In Here" by DMX starts to play, and Luke Sly steps out on the stage, dancing and raising his hands. He waves to the people and starts clapping as he walks to the ring. He climbs onto the apron, pumping his fists, then climbs the outside of the corner, raising his hands and yelling "WOOP WOOP!"

Megan O'Day - Introducing the opponent...weighing 200 pounds, and hailing from Los Angeles, California.....ladies and gentlemen, LUKE SLY!!!

Chuck - WOOP WOOP!

Anna - Really, Chuck?

Chuck - Don't crash the party, Anna! WOOP WOOP!

Anna - You had better not be like this all night.

The lights go dark as small music plays. With each word, the lights go a bit brighter, filling the arena with green lights.

All that is near us
We must know
Could disappear any day
Be careful
The main key to finding happiness
Lies nowhere else but in my soul

The stage blasts with pryo as a Sean Libby jumps onto the stage dancing to the crowd with a huge smile on his face. He dances down the ring, moving his body to each beat to his entrance song. He jumps on to the side ramp high fiving fans and hugging a few to show his love for the fans. He jumps at ring side raising his hand with the "You Rock!" sign. He jumps over the top rope. Libby runs to the closest turnbuckle side and jumps onto the second rope. Pyro fire spits out next to him. As soon as the fire dies he performs a moonsault off the turnbuckle, throwing off his jacket. He turns towards the stage, awaiting his opponent.

Megan O'Day - he hails from Dublin, Ireland, and weighs in tonight at 193 pounds...please welcome SEAN LIBBY!!!!

Chuck - LIBBEHHHHHHH!!!

Anna - .....what?

Chuck - Say it, it's fun! LIBBEHHHHHHH!!!

Anna - I...wow, Chuck. Anyway, we saw The Irishman debut a couple of weeks ago, picking up a win in a triple threat match against Bulk Bogan and Duke Reginald. This week, he finds himself in a similar situation, in that he doesn't need to get pinned or submit to lose this match.

Chuck - Should be interest-

The lights shut off.

Chuck - DEATH-ANGEL!

Ain't No Grave plays as Angel walks out from the back Angel stops at the top of the ramp as the light all turn on. Angel looks out at the crowd and smiles as the lights all go out again and turn back on with Angel standing in the middle of the ring.

Megan O'Day - And finally, weighing 800 pounds...DEATH-ANGEL!

Chuck - Told you!

Anna - He's supposed to be in this match, who else would it be?

Chuck - Shhh! Death-Angel's theme song is playing.

Anna - That still amazes you, doesn't it.

Chuck - SHHHHHH!

The four men look around at each other, waiting for the bell to ring.

Rick Christian
Hold it!

The four in the ring turn to face the stage, where Rick walks out, smiling.

Rick Christian
You seem to have forgotten about your punishment, Death, old pal!

The crowd starts to boo.

Chuck - Clearly not too thrilled about this punishment.

Rick Christian
You think I was just going to throw you to three other guys, and put you on the road to one of IWF's coveted prizes?

Anna - This match is supposed to be a one-fall match, where the winner faces William Darlington next week to determine the number one contender for the Full Throttle Championship.

Rick Christian
This match will go on as scheduled. But now, it's going to be held under Christian Law!

Chuck - I bet it's a ripoff of Chuck's Law.

Anna - Or Mason's Law.

Chuck - Which was a ripoff of Chuck's Law anyway, so HA!

Rick Christian
As of this point, this match will be contested with no countouts, no disqualifications, and no rope breaks.

Death-Angel nods, smiling at the other three.

Rick Christian
Except for you, Death-Angel. You are still required to obey all the rules. And if you get counted out or disqualified, the match will continue between those three men as a triple threat. So don't get any ideas.

Chuck Matthews - CALLED IT!

Death-Angel shakes his head angrily as the audience boos.

Rick Christian
Ring the bell.

Battle Grounds III: The New Era Match
Tyson Rowle [vs] Luke Sly [vs] Sean Libby [vs] Death-Angel
Christian Law

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Sean, Tyson, and Luke, all look at Death-Angel, then at each other, before all three slide out of the ring and start digging under the apron.

Chuck - Not wasting any time!

Luke and Sean grab chairs, while Tyson grabs a sledgehammer, and the three slide back in, and slowly approach Death-Angel. Death backs into a corner.

Anna - Death-Angel not in a good place. Remember, the weapons are entirely legal, unless Death-Angel uses them.

Sean swings his chair at Death, who takes the blow full to the face. He stumbles a bit. Sean smirks, and swings the chair again. Death-Angel throws a punch, knocking the chair out of Sean's hands. Libby slowly backs away, but Death-Angel grabs him by the throat. Luke races forward, looking to hit Death. Death-Angel lifts his boot, kicking the chair into Luke's face. He lifts Sean for a chokeslam, but Tyson runs, driving the hammer into Death-Angel's gut. Death-Angel keels over, dropping Libby to the mat. Tyson raises the hammer and swings it down. Death-Angel catches it, holding the hammer from bashing his head. He stands, looking down at Tyson. Death-Angel releases the hammer, curling his hand into a fist. He throws a huge punch, and Tyson lifts the hammer, trying to block it. Death-Angel's fist smashes through the handle, punching Tyson in the face.

Anna - Death-Angel's fist just smashed right through that hammer!

Chuck - Death-Angel's fist IS a hammer. KABLOOSKIE THROUGH THE SLEDGEHAMMER!

Tyson slumps to the ground, and Death-Angel pins him.

-1-

-2-

Luke Sly kicks Death, and Death-Angel stands up, staring at Luke. Luke backs away slowly, towards the corner.

Anna - Trapped like a rat!

Death-Angel grabs Luke by the throat and lifts him high for everyone to see.

Chuck - I hope the party animal isn't afraid of heights.

Anna - Nine foot tall chokeslam!

Death-Angel brings Luke Sly down with a devastating chokeslam, then goes for the cover.

-1-

-2-

Tyson leaps onto Death-Angel, breaking up the pin. Death-Angel stands up to his full height, and Tyson looks up at him.

Chuck - Worst. Idea. Ever.

Death-Angel grabs Tyson and throws him to the ropes. Tyson bounces off, towards Death-Angel, who spears him to the mat.

Anna - HOLLYWOOD IMPACT!

Chuck - FUCK YOU!

Death-Angel turns to see Sean going for the pin on Luke.

-1-

Death-Angel grabs Sean's leg, and pulls him off. Sean scrambles to his feet, looking at Death-Angel. Death takes a step closer to him. Sean races towards the corner, running up it and jumping off with a moonsault. Death-Angel catches him on his shoulders.

Chuck - Fail.

Death-Angel falls back, crushing Sean beneath his weight.

Chuck - CANADIAN BEAVER!

Anna - SHUT UP!

Death-Angel turns to see Luke getting to his feet. Death-Angel walks up behind him, curling his hand into a fist. Luke stands, and turns. Death-Angel throws a punch, connecting with Luke's jaw.

Chuck - KABLOOSKIE!

Death-Angel pins Luke.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Megan O'Day - Here is your winner...Death-Angel!

Death-Angel looks to the ramp, where Rick stands, shaking his head. Rick turns and walks backstage while Death-Angel looks at the men scattered around the ring as the scene cuts to backstage.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chris is seen backstage, sending kicks to a training dummy set up in the locker room. He delivers a vicious kick to the dummy's ribs, and follows with a punch to the head. He stops, and grabs a bottle of water from his gym bag nearby, taking a drink. A man walks on screen, wearing a jacket and a cowboy hat.

Vincent Van Rose
Chris Matthews!

Chris turns, looking at Rose.

Chris Matthews
Can I help you?

Vincent Van Rose
Name's Vince. Vincent Van Rose. Just signed to this here company. Now listen, I know you been getting beat like a work mule during harvest season, but that don't mean it's gotta stay that way.

Chris Matthews
What?

Vincent Van Rose
Listen. I may be new here, partner, but you need something, you let your pal Vinnie know. I done a lot of work beating up guys like them gentlemen. You want to even out the numbers, gimme a call, y'hear?

Chris stares at Vincent for a moment.

Chris Matthews
Yeah. Will do. Thanks Vincen-

Vincent Van Rose
Now hold up there, partner, don't be callin' me Vincent, all proper and such. Call me Vinnie. Everyone calls me that.

Chris Matthews
I'll keep that in mind...see you around, Vinnie.

Vinnie tips his hat to Chris and walks out, leaving Chris looking somewhat confused as the camera snaps back to Chuck and Anna.

Chuck - Vincent Van Rose, the newest addition to the IWF Roster.

Anna - He seems to have taken a liking to your brother there.

Chuck - Southern boys gotta stick together, I guess. Both men come to us out of Knoxville, Tennessee. We'll see how VVR fares in IWF.

Anna - Indeed we will...until then, we have a show to get through.

Chuck - Up next, we have James Shark taking on William Darlington. A possible preview of the match at Bloody Sunday!

Anna - Death-Angel fights William next week to determine the #1 contender for Shark's belt, but a win tonight for William could speak volumes, and give him a ton of momentum.

Chuck - But first, BRING ON THE LADIES!

"Ready For War" by 50 Cent plays, and James Shark walks out. He pauses, looking back, where Karly Zedic follows him. Shark walks down to the ring, followed by Zedic. She climbs into the ring, holding the ropes open for Shark, who smirks and climbs in after her, raising his fist to the audience.

Chuck - A white girl bending to the whim of a black man....now I've seen it all.

Anna - You're horrible.

Megan O'Day - The following is a standard match, scheduled for one-fall. Introducing first, from Brooklyn, New York, weighing 205 pounds...JAMES SHARK!!!

Shark nods, pounding his chest and raising his fist to the crowd again.

Chuck - You know, in Africa, beating your chest is a gorilla mating ritual.

Anna - And you're saying this because...

Chuck - Did you see the way he was eying Miss Zedic?

Brandenberg Concerto #3 starts to play in the arena, and William Darlington walks out in his wrestling attire, his hand resting on the small of his back. He pauses, and Rawrlurb walks out from behind the curtain. William offers her his arm, but she rolls her eyes, and walks down to the ring. William shrugs, and follows her slowly to the ring, ignoring the booing fans. He walks confidently up the steps and wipes his feet on the apron before climbing between the ropes. He looks around the the crowd, smiling, and raises his fist to the crowd before bowing to the audience.

Megan O'Day - And the opponent, from Nottingham, England...weighing tonight at 220 pounds...WILLIAM DARLINGTON!!!

Chuck - Megan O'Day, the only O'Day sister I never fuck-

Anna - CHUCK!

Chuck - What? I'm giving honest insight on our valued employees!

Anna - You're supposed to talk about the MATCH!

Megan smiles at William, and steps out of the ring. William raises his fist, and looks to Rawrlurb. Rawr looks at Chuck and blows him a kiss, then flips him off.

Anna - I think she's still mad.

Chuck - Bummer.

The referee looks to each man, and calls for the bell.

William Darlington w/RAWRLURB [vs] James Shark w/Karly Zedic

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

William and James circle around each other. William closes in, looking to lock up, but James delivers a huge right hook to William's jaw.

Chuck - KABLOOSKIE!

Anna - Wrong guy. That's James Shark.

Chuck - Fuck that, I'm not saying the name of his move.

Anna - Whatever. Diary of a Big Black Man connects.

James places his foot on William's chest.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Chuck - This should be a very interesting contest between....wait, it's over already?!

Anna - I guess so.

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Megan O'Day - Here is your winner...JAMES SHARK!

Anna - The Full Throttle Champion continues his reign of dominance.

Chuck - I wonder if I can get Karly's number? I bet she'd dump Shark the moment she knew the Sex Icon could come callin!

Anna - Sweet Jesus, Chuck, why?

The camera cuts to commercial, as James Shark takes his title from the referee and holds it high above his head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds III: The New Era   Battle Grounds III: The New Era I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:31 am

Sir Ian Blackwing and Duke Reginald Churchill are seen walking down the corridors backstage at the Wells Fargo Center, wandering in the general direction of the locker rooms. They are deep in conversation.

Duke Reginald
I say, did you see that fine article in the Evening Standard about the future of international diplomacy?

Sir Ian
Actually I did read that. Very enlightening. What a world we live in with these 'face books' and whatn...

They are interrupted by a large crash coming from one of the rooms nearby, followed by the sound of a familiar, commanding British voice.

Lord Blackwing
REALLY William, this is BEYOND unacceptable. I have had it with this incompetence.

The two glance at each other, looks of concern on their face.

Sir Ian
Should we go in?

Duke Reginald
Maybe we'd best knock...

The sound of Lord Blackwing's voice can be heard from the room again.

Lord Blackwing
When I brought you out here I expected you to be my right hand man! You, with all of your past wrestling experience and you get repeatedly humiliated by a degenera...

Sir Ian knocks gingerly on the door, interrupting Blackwing's rant.

Lord Blackwing
Enter.

Sir Ian and Duke Reginald open the door and walk in, to see Lord Blackwing, cricket bat in hand, standing and looking very relaxed in a waistcoat, shirt and dress pants. William Darlington is sat on one of the benches of the locker room, looking less relaxed about the situation, and not a little ashamed.

Sir Ian
Are we interrupting anything, father?

Lord Blackwing
Not at all. Do come in gentlemen. I was just explaining to our associate here about my tolerance for failure, or lack thereof. We had a strong first week here in the Insurgency, but since then we have floundered. I am trying to determine WHY this is. Do any of you gentlemen know?

He moves his piercing gaze from man to man, staring deep in to each of their souls.

Sir Ian
Is it beca...

Lord Blackwing roars at his son.

Lord Blackwing
THE QUESTION WAS HYPOTHETICAL! We are flagging because there is no commitment from ANY of you. Not a man here deserves to call himself a son of the Queen. You in particularly should be ashamed.

As he says that, he whirls around to look at William.

Lord Blackwing
Gentlemen we must rally together. I hope that by hanging up my boots I wouldn't be required to get involved with any more of the physical side of things. It is ungentlemanly. But it seems that with such a group of incompetent lollygaggers that I must. The performance these last couple of weeks has been simply unacceptable. We must work to rectify this immediately. From now on there will be double training sessions daily. My comrades, we are British, subjects of Her Majesty the Queen. Defeat is not a word that forms part of our lexicon. We have goals to achieve here in the Insurgency, and the longer that we delay the harder they will be to achieve.

We can't keep Macdonald on our side forever. If we continue to stall he will grow bored of being dragged down by incompetence and forge off on his own. This will be the end of our chances for domination. I simply cannot allow this to happen. I know you are all good men and if I believed that you were not up to task I would not have brought you out here. I will not suffer much more disappointment. Do I make myself abundantly clear?

The three men ring out with a chorus of "Yes, my Lord," before Sir Ian pips up alone.

Sir Ian
Father, I will not let you down tonight. Brandon and I will show those ingrates Casey and Matthews the proper way of conducting a bout. Then we shall soundly beat them from pillar to post. I am positively raring to go! I am positive that this shall be the turning point for our little group, and that I shall not disappoint you!

Lord Blackwing
See to it that you don't...

There is a concise knock at the door, and all four heads turn to look at the portal.

Lord Blackwing
Enter.

The door opens slowly and Brandon Macdonald steps in. He glances around at the men in the room.

Brandon Macdonald
You wanted to see me, Blackwing?

Sir Ian
That's LORD Blackwing to y...

Lord Blackwing
That is enough, Sir Ian. Yes, Mr Macdonald, I did.

Brandon Macdonald
Well can we make it quick? I'm a busy man.

Blackwing smiles at Brandon.

Lord Blackwing
Of course.

He walks over to a side table, upon which rests a long, thin case made from red leather. Blackwing runs his hands along the case before flipping open the two brass clasps at either end.

Lord Blackwing
As I am sure you are aware, the Cricket World Cup recently came to a close on the Indian subcontinent.

Brandon Macdonald
Vaguely. I read about it in the newspaper.

Lord Blackwing
The final was competed between two former British colonies. India and Sri Lanka. In the spirit of Commonwealth co-operation, I would like to present you with a little gift.

He lifts the lid and lifts out a second cricket bat. He holds it at arms length and inspects it briefly, turning it over and squinting down the length. There is a Canadian flag ingrained in the wood along the batting side. When he is satisfied he walks over to Brandon and presents the bat to him. Brandon takes it and inspects it himself, turning the bat over in his hands.

Brandon Macdonald
Nice craftsmanship.

Lord Blackwing
The best.

Brandon Macdonald
But what am I going to do with this? I don't play cricket.

Lord Blackwing
Oh, I didn't intend for you to play cricket with it. I have a plan. Let us just say we are going to introduce some ignorant Americans to God's own sport...

-------------------------

Anna- I wonder what Lord Blackwing has in mind?

Chuck- I’m sure it’s something that will continue to ruin perfectly good matches

The shot switches to show Megan O’Day standing in the middle of the ring. In the corner of the ring is Ryan Apollos

Megan O’Day- The following match is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, already in the ring…From Milwaukee, Wisconsin…weighing in at 240 pounds…Ryan Apollos!

Apollos takes a few steps out of the corner and raises his arms in the sky

Anna- Ryan Apollos has a tall task ahead of him tonight

Chuck- He has to stop the man who has seemingly ripped through his opponents like I go through girls!

Anna- You physically brutalize the girls you are with?

Chuck-…WITH MY PENIS!

The lights dim down, the fans scream in anticipation. Suddenly guitar and drums are heard playing rapidly.

Megan O’Day- And, introducing his opponent…from Boston, Massachusetts…weighing in at 220 pounds…he is the High Impact Champion…Connor O’Shannon!

Slowly it dies down as the lights die down with the melody. Suddenly there's a guitar riff along with a spacey melody play. Another guitar softly plays a melody, suddenly a voice distorted slowly becomes clear. The voice sings along to the melody...

I stand still out in the rain
and look up at a broken sky
every raindrop looks the same
they fall without pretending through the night
But water isn't always what you see
another surface lies beneath
Can you see this isn't really me?
no this is someone else
I am just beneath the surface...

A guitar erupts along with drums. Suddenly the guitar breaks into small solo. Connor slowly emerges from the stage. He smirks as the fans cheer. He has a black warm up jacket on with the Irish flag on the right side.

I die...
I'm bleeding, I die...

He pounds his chest twice and throws up his arms. He marches down the ramp with a smirk on his face. The music continues to play hard as he makes his way to the ring.

Anna- This match carries some big time implications for both Apollos and Connor

Chuck- Damn right! If Apollos wins, he gets the High Impact Title shot that he was robbed of by Death-Angel at Demolition Day. But, if Apollos loses…he will never get a shot at the High Impact Championship again as long as Connor O’Shannon is champion!

And it hurries from my grasp
it runs between my fingers and my hands
it's like an echo from my past
a mere forgotten future in the sand
The water is the tide of night that comes
a shadow pulls me down beneath
Maybe this is who I used to be?
but this is someone else
I am just beneath the surface

He looks around at the crowd, he leaps on the apron and turns his back to the ring. He raises his arms in the air and lets out a roar.

In the pouring rain
I'm bleeding, I die
And I'm crying in pain
I'm bleeding, I die...
...I'm bleeding, I die...
...I'm bleeding, I die...
I, Die!

He gets into the ring and stands on the corner to his left as the music continues to play. He raises his arms slowly and looks around as the fans cheer. He drops his arms, he goes to the other side. He points at the crowd, he nods his head.

I, Die!
In the pouring rain
I'm bleeding, I die
And I'm crying in pain
I'm bleeding, I die

Connor takes his jacket off and throws it into the crowd. He takes the Celtic Cross from around his neck and hands it to the referee. He goes to his corner and rolls his neck...waiting for the bell to sound.

In the pouring rain
I'm bleeding, I die
And it drives me insane
I'm bleeding, I die
I, Die!
I, Die...

Chuck- This match is going to be awesome! I just know it!

Anna- Two former world champions facing off with a High Impact Title shot hanging in the balance for Apollos…you’re damn right this match is going to be awesome!

The ref looks at both competitors and then calls for the bell

Connor O’Shannon [vs.] Ryan Apollos

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Anna- Here we go!

Chuck- Let the beatings begin!

Connor O’Shannon and Ryan Apollos slowly walk towards each other, each man sizing the other up. Connor and Ryan then lunge towards each other and lock up in the middle of the ring

Anna- Who will gain the early advantage here?

Chuck- I…

From Agincourt to Waterloo
Poitiers and then Anjou
The Roses War, the Hundred Years
Through battlefields of blood and tears

Brandon Macdonald and Lord Blackwing walk out from behind the curtain, followed closely by Duke Reginald, Sir Ian Blackwing and William Darlington. There is a British flag attached to Lord Blackwing’s cricket bat and a Canadian flag attached to Brandon Macdonald’s cricket bat.

Anna- Hey look, it’s Brandon!

Chuck- Why am I not surprised…?

In the ring, Connor and Apollos quickly separate and turn their attention to the ramp. The Right Honorable Gentlemen slowly walk down the ramp and surround the ring

Anna- I wonder what Brandon and the RHG are doing out here?

Chuck-…seriously? That’s like wondering what I would do if I was left alone with a house full of Playboy bunnies…

Anna- I don’t think Brandon and the RHG members are going to have sex with Connor and Ryan

Chuck- You never know…

Brandon nods his head and William Darlington and Sir Ian Blackwing both slide into the ring at the same time. As soon as the RHG members slide into the ring, Ryan begins stomping on Sir Ian while Connor O’Shannon waits for William Darlington to climb to his feet before tackling William to the ground.

Anna- Both men are putting up a hell of a fight here

Chuck- I think the numbers game is going to be too much though

Connor straddles William Darlington and begins to rain blows down onto William’s head. Duke Reginald and Lord Blackwing quickly climb into the ring at the same time. Duke Reginald runs over to where Ryan Apollos is beating on Sir Ian. Duke Reginald quickly delivers a series of right and left hooks to Ryan Apollos’ kidneys, which cause Ryan to collapse to the mat in pain. At the same time, Lord Blackwing runs over to where Connor is beating on William Darlington and cracks Connor O’Shannon in the back of the head with his cricket bat.

The ref immediately calls for the bell

Megan O’Day- The result of this match is a draw!

Anna- Well…there goes our hope for a good match

Chuck- I’ve got a question…why does Rick Christian feel the need to punish Death-Angel for interrupting perfectly good matches and not the Right Honorable Gentlemen?!

Connor collapses into a heap beside William Darlington. Lord Blackwing reaches down and helps William Darlington to his feet. Meanwhile, Sir Ian climbs to his feet and he and Duke Reginald begin stomping on Ryan Apollos. Lord Blackwing motions to Brandon Macdonald who tosses his cricket bat to William Darlington. William catches the bat and he and Lord Blackwing walk over to where Duke Reginald and Sir Ian are beating on Apollos

Anna- Brandon’s not a bad guy see? He isn’t inflicting any damage on Apollos or Connor!

Chuck- What he’s doing is worse! Brandon is just standing around and letting the RHG do all of his dirty work!

Lord Blackwing taps Sir Ian and Duke Reginald on their shoulders. Duke Reginald and Sir Ian turn their heads and see Lord Blackwing and William Darlington standing behind them with the cricket bats. Duke Reginald and Sir Ian lean down and lift Ryan Apollos to his knees

Anna- This doesn’t look good

Chuck- I’m surprised you’re not cheering for these thugs

Anna- Just because Brandon is on their side doesn’t mean I have to agree with what the rest of the RHG do!

William Darlington bows slightly and motions towards Ryan Apollos. Lord Blackwing taps Ryan Apollos on each of his shoulders before bringing the cricket bat crashing down on the back of Ryan Apollos’ skull.

Anna- CORONATION WITH THAT CRICKET BAT!

Chuck- Being knighted by a Lord with a cricket bat that has a British flag attached to it…that’s got to be a good sign for Sir Ryan Apollos!

Duke Reginald and Sir Ian don’t let Ryan fall to the mat after Lord Blackwing hits Ryan with the cricket bat. Instead, they hold the limp body of Ryan Apollos up as Lord Blackwing steps back and William Darlington steps forward.

Anna- Not another shot to the skull!

Chuck- If Ryan Apollos didn’t have brain damage before this…he sure as hell will after

William taps each of Ryan’s shoulders with his cricket bat and is about to blast Ryan in the skull when suddenly Connor O’Shannon delivers a massive kick to the back of William Darlington, causing William to collapse to the ground

Anna- Connor O’Shannon is up!

Chuck- And he looks fucking pissed!

Connor turns and swings wildly at Lord Blackwing, who ducks under Connor’s fist. Lord Blackwing then blasts Connor in the stomach with the cricket bat which causes Connor to double over in pain. Lord Blackwing then throws the cricket bat aside and grabs Connor O’Shannon.

Anna- Lord Blackwing couldn’t seriously be thinking about hitting the Coup d’Etat…

Chuck- CAN A 60 YEAR OLD MAN EVEN LIFT CONNOR UP?!

Lord Blackwing lifts Connor O’Shannon up and crushes him with a massive powerbomb

Anna- Does that answer your question?

Chuck- Battle Grounds III: The New Era 503835

Duke Reginald and Sir Ian trade confused glances and they both shrug. Sir Ian lets go of Ryan Apollos and walks over and grabs the other cricket bat with the Canadian flag attached to it. Sir Ian positions the bat right in front of Ryan Apollos’ face while Duke Reginald grabs Ryan Apollos’ other arm and places his foot on the back of Ryan Apollos’ head

Anna- Oh dear God no…

Chuck- Duke Reginald can’t seriously be thinking of curb stomping Ryan Apollos’ face into…

Duke Reginald suddenly let’s go of Ryan Apollos’ arms and crushes Ryan Apollos’ face right into the cricket bat.

Anna- That was just sadistic!

Chuck- I bet Corey Casey and Death-Angel are backstage taking notes

Brandon Macdonald rolls into the ring and unties the Canadian flag from the cricket bat. Lord Blackwing unties the British flag from the other cricket bat while Duke Reginald and Sir Ian help William Darlington to his feet. Brandon Macdonald walks over to Ryan Apollos and drapes the Canadian flag over Ryan’s bloody and beaten body, while Lord Blackwing grabs the British flag and drapes it over Connor O’Shannon’s body

Anna- Connor and Ryan Apollos both buried under the flags of the Right Honorable Gentlemen!

Chuck- Ryan Apollos must be seriously hurt! The guy got CURB STOMPED FACE FIRST INTO A SOLID WOODEN CRICKET BAT!

The scene fades out with the Right Honorable Gentlemen standing side by side over the flag covered bodies of Connor O’Shannon and Ryan Apollos.

-------------------------------------------------------

The camera cuts backstage to Johnny Electric, standing next to a man dressed to compete.

Johnny Electric
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm standing here with the newest acquisition to the IWF roster, Mr. Bryant Tanner. Tanner, you come from one of the most prominent wrestling families known to man, you've had a great career, competing in Mexico, Japan, Canada...tell me, what made you decide to sign with IWF?

Bryant Tanner
It's real simple, Johnny. See, like you said, I've been in this business for some time. I've been around the block a time or two, know what I mean? And you of all people should know...after a while, you start to get that itch. You gotta step between those ropes, have to entertain those people, have to put on an epic, just one more time. One more match.

Johnny nods.

Bryant Tanner
But it's never one more match, is it? No, you have to go in, and you want to give it your all. You catch the bug all over again, and suddenly, you never want to give it up again. That's why I'm here. I'm about to take IWF by storm. I've got the bug, my friends, and I'm here to stay. Take note, my friends. Bryant Tanner is coming to IWF.

Johnny Electric
Well, on behalf of myself and the IWF fans and faithful, let me be the first to welcome you to the Insurgency Wrestling Federation. Chuck and Anna, back to you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Anna- Bryant Tanner clearly has something to prove here in IWF

Chuck- Please. Guys like them are a dime a dozen. People come into the business all the time, saying they're here to stay, then they bail. People say they're retiring, only to come back and realize they had retired in the first place because they couldn't keep up anymore. This is a changing business. Some guys just can't keep up.

Anna - Speaking from experience, Chuck?

Chuck - Not at all. I'm saying, I don't care if Tanner's from the Tanner Wrestling Family. Until he proves to me that he's half as talented as daddy was, I ain't jumping on the bandwagon.

Anna - Sure, Chuck. Whatever you say.

Megan O’Day- The following match is scheduled for one fall and is a PHILADELPHIA STREET FIGHT! Introducing first…

God Save the Queen blasts out of the house PA system as Duke Reginald Churchill Chesterfield Esquire III slowly walks out from behind the curtain. He pauses at the top of the ramp and places his right hand on his heart and sings a bit before slowly walking down to the ring.

Megan O’Day- From Liverpool, England…weighing in at 210 pounds…Duke Reginald Churchill Chesterfield Esquire the Third!

Anna- That poor girl

Chuck- I feel so bad for her…having to say that god awful name every time he walks down to the ring…

Chuck suddenly stands up

Chuck- JUST CALL HIM DUKE REGGIE!

Duke Reginald climbs the ringside steps and ducks in between the second and third rope. He then takes off his jacket and vest and shirt before tilting his bowler hat slightly and putting his dukes up.

The crowd begins to chant loudly in anticipation

“WE WANT TIMMY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*
“WE WANT TIMMY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

Anna- Tim Patrick is the hometown favorite here in Philly

Chuck- WHEN ARE WE GOING TO CHICAGO?! I WANT FANS TO CHEER ME!

The lights dim around the arena as the bass from Bombtrack starts over the speakers. Once the guitar and drums hit, the lights get brighter and Tim Patrick comes from the backstage area. He's wearing black boots, blue jeans, a dark green hoody, and a black facemask. The fans erupt, cheering and screaming loudly for Tim Patrick

Anna- Good God, listen to these people!

Chuck- The City of Brotherly Love showing a little love for one of their own!

Anna- Wow…that was very eloquent Chuck

Chuck- Don’t sound so surprised…I’m quite the charmer when I want to be!

On his way to the ring, Tim Patrick pauses to shake hands and high-five fans.

Megan O’Day- And, his opponent, FROM SOUTH PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA…weighing in at 230 pounds…TIM PATRICK!

Once again, the crowd erupts into a massive standing ovation. Meanwhile, Tim Patrick slides under the bottom rope and walks over to the far corner of the ring, climbs to the 2nd rope, and raises his fist.

“LET’S GO TIMMY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*
“LET’S GO TIMMY!”
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

Duke Reginald rolls his eyes and continues to put up his dukes in proper boxing fashion. The ref nods at both men and then calls for the bell

Duke Reginald Churchill [vs] Tim Patrick
Philadelphia Street Fight

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Tim Patrick rushes at Duke Reginald and spears him to the ground

Chuck- WHY THE HELL IS EVERYONE SUDDENLY USING MY SPEAR?!

Anna- I wasn’t aware you owned a move Chuck

Chuck- WELL I FUCKING DO!

Tim Patrick climbs into the mount position and begins raining blows down on Duke Reginald who attempts to bring his arms up to protect his face but to no avail.

Anna- Tim Patrick seems fired up here tonight!

Chuck- He’s fighting in front of his hometown crowd against a guy whom he blames for robbing him of his revenge against Knife to Know You. I don’t blame him for being fired up!

Tim Patrick punches Duke Reginald once more before climbing off of Duke Reginald and climbing to his feet. Tim Patrick reaches down and picks up Duke Reginald and hooks Duke Reginald’s head. Tim Patrick then brings Duke Reginald crashing down to the mat with a sickening DDT

Anna- Wow! What a DDT!

Chuck- Timmy spiked Reggie right on his British noggin!

Anna-…noggin?

Chuck- Sorry…I got caught up trying to sound British…

Tim Patrick rolls out of the ring and begins searching under the ring. After rooting around under the ring, Tim Patrick pulls out a table covered in barbed wire

Anna- How the hell does stuff like that find its way under the ring?!

Chuck- You never know when you are going to need a table covered in barbed wire! Razz

Tim Patrick slides the table into the ring. Tim Patrick then turns and looks at the fans in the front row

Tim Patrick
SOMEONE GIVE ME A CHAIR!

Anna- Did he just ask…

Chuck- DUCK AND COVER!

Chuck and Anna dive under the announce table as chairs suddenly begin flying towards the ring as the Philadelphia faithful begin tossing their chairs in the direction of the ring. Tim Patrick has to retreat into the ring as chairs begin to fill the area outside the ring. Tim Patrick begins laughing hysterically as fans continue to throw their chairs

Anna- WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

Chuck- You can hold me closely if you want to Anna

Anna- CHUCK…WHERE THE HELL DID YOUR PANTS GO?!

Tim Patrick makes a cut throat motion and the fans stop throwing their chairs. Tim Patrick reaches out of the ring and grabs a random chair. Tim Patrick then turns and looks at Duke Reginald who is slowly getting to his feet.

Duke Reginald pulls himself to his feet. Tim Patrick throws the chair to Duke Reginald. Duke Reginald catches the chair and Tim Patrick quickly jumps and spinning heel kicks the chair directly into Duke Reginald’s face

Anna- Tim Patrick just Detonator kicked that steel chair directly into the face of Duke Reginald!

Chuck- Kind of like how I detonated right in this girl’s face last night!

Duke Reginald collapses to the ground in a heap. Tim Patrick jumps to his feet and basks in the applause from the sold out crowd. After soaking in the cheers from the crowd, Tim Patrick grabs the barbed wire table and sets it up in the middle of the ring

Anna- Tim Patrick has some wicked intentions

Chuck- I’d say so! Bye bye Reggie!

Tim Patrick finishes setting up the barbed wire table and then turns his attention to Duke Reginald. Tim Patrick reaches down and picks up Duke Reginald. Tim Patrick tosses Duke Reginald into the corner. Tim Patrick then hits a few punches on Duke Reginald before climbing over Duke Reginald and sitting on the top turnbuckle

Anna- What does Tim Patrick have In mind here?

Chuck- I can only imagine…

Tim Patrick reaches down and grabs Duke Reginald. Tim Patrick lifts Duke Reginald up in the powerbomb position.

Anna- Tim Patrick has Duke Reginald in that powerbomb position on the top turnbuckle

Chuck- $100 says this doesn’t end well for Reggie

Tim Patrick then springs off the top turnbuckle with Duke Reginald. Tim Patrick launches Duke Reginald through the air. Duke Reginald crashes down back first onto the table wrapped in barbed wire

“HOLY SHIT!” “HOLY SHIT!” “HOLY SHIT!”

Anna- I agree!

Chuck- Seconded!

Both men lay motionless for a few moments. Tim Patrick slowly crawls over to where Duke Reginald is laying amongst the wreckage of the barbed wire table. Tim Patrick pulls himself on top of Duke Reginald and the ref quickly counts

-1-

-2-

-3-

The ref calls for the bell

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Megan O’Day- You’re winner…TIM PATRICK!

Tim Patrick slowly pulls himself to his feet as the crowd explodes with cheers and clapping.

Anna- Tim Patrick absolutely OWNED Duke Reggie!

Chuck- You’re damn right he did! And this crowd loved every second of it!

The show cuts to break as Tim smirks at Duke Reginald, still lying in the broken table, tangled in the barbed wire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds III: The New Era   Battle Grounds III: The New Era I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:51 am

Battle Grounds returns from commercials with a shot of a Gunther inside a locker room. Beside him is Tim Patrick. Gunther looks at the camera

Gunther
Yes yes, hello. It is I, Gunther, the world's sexiest man. I am standing here with a man not quite as sexy as me, a man that I kicked in the balls months ago, "Irish Car Bomb" Tim Patrick.

Tim Patrick
Yeah, well I kicked you in the face.

Gunther
Ah yes, I remember. Tell me, have you been able to urinate properly?

Tim Patrick
Piss doesn't come from your balls, Gunther...

Gunther
Do not correct me please

Tim Patrick
Whatever weirdo, what do you want?

Gunther
What do you mean? I do not wish anything from you.

Tim Patrick
......You're in my fucking locker room with a camera-crew and a microphone. What do you want? 

Gunther
Ah. Yes Yes. Any comments on the match you just had? You defeated the Duke quite handily. I was muchos impressed.

Tim Patrick
I try not to make promises that I can't keep. I told the world that I was going to make an example out of Duke Churchill, I did. And I did it in front of my town, my city, Philadelphia. I missed this feeling. This energy, this passion, and mostly, I missed the violence. (Laughs)

Gunther
I recall that you have said, some time ago, that you'd take out every member of the Gentlemen. One would think that after what you did tonight, that they would all be gunning for you.

Tim Patrick
They are already wreaking havoc on the roster. And going after this group alone would be suicide. I have been watching each match carefully and there is a group of people I would like to stand with to fight these people.

Gunther
Who might that be?

Tim Patrick
Connor O'Shannon and Sean Libby. Both men bleed Irish blood like I do. I'm not sure if Connor and Sean are up on the history of Ireland or not, but there are few things rich British people like more than hunting down the Irish. And if we don't start working together, that's exactly what they'll do.

The camera cuts back to ringside, where Chuck and Anna sit at their announce table.

Anna - Looks like Tim Patrick is trying recruit some extra help in taking out the Right Honourable Gentlemen.

Chuck - Finally someone is doing something about these British clowns. I thought I was going to have to go do something myself

Anna - What would you have done Chuck? You only have one skill, and as far as I know, you don't go for men

Chuck - I'm sorry, I only heard the word "skill". Thanks for the compliment. I'm sure one day you'll want to learn from the best

Anna - Keep dreamingChuck. It's time for our main event. After a whole show of one sided fights, or no fights at all, maybe we'll actually get a good one here

Chuck - Well, there's the IWF Champion Corey Casey. There's your husband, who almost beat Corey last week at Demolition Day. There's my brother, who has been a victim of some sneak attacks. Thats a recipe for a good match

Anna - I think you're forgetting someone, aren't you?

Chuck - Who? Oh right, this is a tag team match. Who is Brandon's partner?

Anna - It's Ian Blackwing

Chuck - Oh, right. Well, it's not like he'll do anything useful.

Anna - You never know. Maybe Brandon will get to fight an actual tag team match, and not a handicap match like last time

Chuck - Well, he tried to make it a handicap match in his favour, I guess karma caught up with him

Anna - Yeah, whatever Chuck

I don’t remember
Did something in my past create a hole?
Don’t use your gender
To drive a stake right through my soul

Chris Matthews steps out with a smirk, looking at the screaming crowd around him. He holds his arms out to the side, grinning as he makes his way towards the ring.

Megan O'Day - Introducing first, hailing from Knoxville, Tennessee, weighing two hundred forty five pounds. Ladies and gentlemen, Chris Matthews!

I live to function
On my own is all I know
No friends to mention
No distractions, nowhere to go

Chris jumps from the mat to the apron, and walks towards the corner. He vaults himself over the top rope, and walks towards the center of the ring.

Shallow, shallow, give it to me, give it to me
Scissors cutting out your anger
Shallow, shallow, no good to me, not if you bleed
Bite your tongue, ignore the splinters

Chris grabs the rope, using it to stretch, then stands in his corner, rolling his wrists and neck before the match.

Anna - Here's Chris Matthews, the brother of my esteemed partner. He'll be teaming with the champion, Corey Casey tonight.

Chuck - And they'll be winning. Enough of this Right Honourable Gentlemen crap.

The sound of violins echoes throughout the arena. They suddenly stop and the lights go out…

REBIRTH!

The sound of “Rebirthing” by Skillet blasts out of the house PA speakers. Red and blue pyro begins to shower down from the top of the video screen. The camera zooms in and shows a man standing amongst the pyro, his back turned to the ring, his arms held out straight to either side in a crucifixion pose

I lie here paralytic
Inside this soul
Screaming for you till my throat is numb
I wanna break out I need a way out
I don't believe that it's gotta be this way
The worst is the waiting
In this womb I'm suffocating

Feel your presence filling up my lungs with oxygen
I take you in
I've died

Corey Casey turns around, a look of intensity on his face. The crowd gives him a mixed reaction, some of them booing him while others cheering loudly for him.

Rebirthing now
I wanna live for love wanna live for you and me
Breathe for the first time now
I come alive somehow
Rebirthing now
I Wanna live my life wanna give you everything
I come alive somehow

Right now!
Right now!

Corey clasps his hands together and rolls his taped wrists as he begins to walk down the entrance ramp. A small smile appears on his face as he stares into the ring.

Megan O'Day - Ladies and gentlemen, on his way to the ring, from Boston, Massachusetts, weighing two hundred and fifty pounds. He is the Insurgency Wrestling Federation Champion! Corey Casey!

I lie here lifeless in this cocoon
Shedding my skin cause I'm ready to
I wanna break out, I found a way out
I don't believe that it's gotta be this way
The worst is the waiting
In this womb I'm suffocating

Feel your presence filling up my lungs with oxygen
I take you in
I've died

Corey rolls into the ring and then springs to his feet. He then throws his arms out to either side again, in the same crucifixion pose. 

Rebirthing now
I wanna live for love, wanna live for you and me

I come alive somehow

Rebirthing now
I wanna live my life, wanna give you everything
I come alive somehow

Tell me when I'm gonna live again
Tell me when I'm gonna breathe you in
Tell me when I'm gonna feel inside
Tell me when I'm gonna feel alive

Corey turns and looks at his opponent, intensity burning in his eyes and a slight smirk on his face. He then climbs a nearby turnbuckle and holds his arms out to his side, soaking in the mixed reaction from the crowd.

Tell me when I'm gonna live again
Tell me when this fear will end
Tell me when I'm gonna feel inside
Tell me when I'll feel alive

Rebirthing now
I wanna live for love, wanna live for you and me
I come alive somehow

Right now
(I come alive somehow)
Right now
(I come alive somehow)

Corey drops down from the turnbuckle and rolls his wrists one last time. He stands in the corner with Chris, and the two exchange words.

Chuck - I'd never thought I'd see my brother and Corey working together

Anna - Remember the monster truck? Remember Chuck?

Chuck - I remember. Chris blew it up. I also remember spending all week trying to figure out a way to save your ass, only to be crucified

Anna - Tough shit

Chuck - Is that all you have to say about that?!

Anna - Pretty much

Sir Ian Blackwing walks out from behind the curtain and is met by the boos from the crowd. Ian raises his arms and taunts the crowd. Sir Ian Blackwing walks down the ramp and ignores the boos. He walks up the stairs and enters the ring through the ropes. Ian climbs a turnbuckle and stares at the crowd for a while before smiling to the camera as he prepares to sin with a grin.

Megan O'Day - And their opponents. A member of the Right Honourable Gentlemen, Sir Ian Blackwing!

Anna - And here is Brandon's partner, another member of the Right Honourable Gentlemen, Sir Ian Blackwing.

Chuck - He's been pretty average so far. He had a couple of good matches, but hasn't won any.

Anna - Yeah. But he has Brandon as his partner, so I'm sure they'll match up fine.

Chuck - Biased much?

From Agincourt to Waterloo
Poitiers and then Anjou
The Roses War, the Hundred Years
Through battlefields of blood and tears

Camera focuses in on the top of the stage. Brandon Macdonald walks out and stops at the top of the ramp. He pounds his heart twice with his fist, then holds his fist in the air, as fireworks erupt over his head.

Megan O'Day - And his partner, from Ottawa, Canada. Another member of the Right Honourable Gentlemen, Brandon Macdonald!

From Bosworth Field to Pointe Du Hoc
Stalingard and the siege of York
The bloody turf of Gallipoli
Had no effect on the killing spree

Brandon walks down the ramp, staring into the ring. He slides into the ring, and runs over to a turnbuckle, and hops up. 

Bannockburn to Austerlitz
The fall of France and the German blitz
The cruelest of atrocities
Europa's blood is borne of these

He crosses his arms at his waist, and keeps his head down. He throws his arms up to the sky and points to the heavens while looking up. 

Heaven help in all our battles
Heaven see love, heaven help us

He jumps down and goes to the opposite turnbuckle and does the same thing. He hops down and blows a kiss to Anna sitting at the announce table. He walks over to his corner and begins jumping up and down, waiting for the ref to start the match

Chuck - He just blew you a kiss, didn't he?

Anna - Yeah, he did. Problem with that?

Chuck - No, nothing. Just wondering

Battle Grounds III: The New Era Mainevent
Right Honourable Gentlemen [vs] Corey Casey & Chris Matthews

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Ian Blackwing and Chris Matthews both start off the match inside the ring. Ian and Chris lock up in the center of the ring, and Chris immediately throws Ian to the ground, and kicks him in the gut. He picks Ian up, and whips him into his corner

Anna - Chris asserting himself early, easily handling Sir Ian

Chuck - That's because the Right Honorable Gentlemen are just the worst.

Chris walks over and begins to punch away at the face of Ian Blackwing. He moves back, and tags in Corey Casey. Chris punches Ian once more, before moving onto the apron. Corey grabs Ian by the throat, and begins punching him in the face.

Anna - Corey's got Ian locked in that death clutch

Chuck - And he's not letting go any time soon. He's going to punch his face off

Corey grabs Ian, and picks him up, and powerbombs him to the mat, but doesn't let go. He picks him up again, and powerbombs him again. He picks him up a third time, and sends him crashing hard to the mat. Corey walks over and tags in Chris.

Anna - Three straight powerbombs from Corey Casey.

Chuck - Not one, not two, but three!

Anna - Hey, Chuck can count to three

Chuck - I just had to think of how many girls I had in my bed last night.

Chris walks over to Ian and drops down and grabs his neck, twisting it back, trying to make him tap out. Ian crawls forwards, and makes it to the ropes. The ref begins to count to break the hold. Chris waits until the count of four to break the hold.

Anna - Chris waits until the count of four before breaking that hold

Chuck - See? He knows how to work around the rules to win. Good work Chris!

As Chris begins to talk to the ref, Corey runs and punts Ian in the skull, sending him backwards into the ring. Chris drops down to cover Ian. The referee counts.

-1-

-2-

Ian kicks out of the pin attempt. Chris grabs his arm and begins to twist it behind his back. He cranks it hard one more time, before releasing it, and getting back to his feet.

Anna - Chris almost ended that one really early.

Chuck - And now he's punishing Ian for not staying down.

Chris picks Ian up off the ground. He puts his head on his own knee, and then twists and falls backwards, forcing Ian's head into his knee, and knocking Ian backwards.

Anna - Ian was just Canonized!

As Ian falls, Brandon reaches out and slaps his head. Brandon enters the ring as Ian rolls out of it. He runs and tackles Chris to the ground, and begins punching him in the face. He stands up and runs at Corey, knocking him off of the ring apron.

Anna - How smart was that tag by Brandon? He got himself, the better of the two, in the match, and kept Ian from being pinned. And now he's cleaning house

Chuck - It's just because he fresh legs. Don't wet yourself.

Anna - I don't have to go to the bathroom

Chuck - That's not what I meant

Brandon grabs a dizzy Chris, and sets him up for a flip piledriver. Suddenly the lights go off, and a loud laughter is heard. When the lights come back on, Ian Blackwing has vanished from ringside. Brandon lets go of Chris and runs to his corner, looking around for Ian.

Chuck - Death-Angel for the win!

Anna - Now Brandon is alone again! Yet another handicap match for him

Brandon turns around, and is met with a stiff kick to the gut by Chris. He grabs Brandon, and throws him into the ropes. Brandon slides under a kick by Chris and stands back up. He hits Chris with a strong kick to the leg.

Anna - Thats a stiff kick by Brandon to Chris's leg.

Chuck - Chris knows what he's doing though. He'll get him back.

Brandon grabs Chris and throws him into the ropes. Corey slaps the back of Chris, causing him to stumble. Brandon runs and jumps, flipping over top of Chris and slamming him down with a flip piledriver.

Anna - CLICK CLICK BOOM! Chris sure knows what he's doing eh?

Chuck - And you tell me not to pick favourites. And stop saying eh.

Anna - I'm Canadian, what do you expect?

The momentum of Chris takes him out of the ring, as Brandon turns around and is hit with a massive clothesline by Corey Casey. He stands back up and is hit with another clothesline by Corey. He stands and motions for Brandon to get up, with a smile on his face

Chuck - How about that Anna? Corey is destroying your husband!

Anna - It's only a couple of clotheslines.

Brandon slowly stands to his feet. Corey grabs him his head, and throws Brandon's arm over his head. He lifts him high into the air. Brandon flips back over him, and as Corey turns around, he he hits a giant head kick, that knocks Corey backwards

Anna - There's a big head kick by Brandon. He's getting control now

Chuck - That's what you thought at Demolition Day. Remember what happened?

Brandon runs at Corey, and begins to punch him in the head. Corey grabs Brandon's throat, and begins to punch him in the face. He throws Brandon into the ropes, and hits a big shoulder block, knocking Brandon to the mat

Anna - Corey hits a big shoulder block, knocking Brandon down.

Corey begins to stomp on the head of Brandon, and then picks him up. He lifts him over his head, and bodyslams him to the ground. Corey goes for a cover.

Chuck - That better not be it

-1-

-2-

Brandon kicks out. Corey picks Brandon up to his feet, and grabs his neck. Brandon hits a big leg kick, and then spins around and kicks Corey in the chest, knocking him to the ground. Brandon rolls over to Corey and grabs his arm.

Anna - Brandon's going for some sort of submission hold with Corey's arm

Chuck - I believe it is called a chickenwing.

Anna - Wow Chuck, you actually said something useful

Brandon begins twisting Corey's arm around his back. He holds it there, and tries to force it further behind him. Corey rolls and throws Brandon off of him, across the ring.

Chuck - Brandon forgot how strong Corey actually is

Both men stand to their feet and tie up in the center of the ring. Both men exchange punches. Brandon tries to irish whip Corey, but he reverses it and throws Brandon into the ropes. As Brandon hits the ropes, Chris reaches out and hits the leg of Brandon, causing him to stumble.

Chuck - Chris saves the day!

Anna - That's interference!

Chuck - That's just a good tag team partner hun

Anna - Don't call me hun

Corey grabs the head of Brandon, and picks him up upside down over his head. He turns his body, and slams Brandon into the mat.

Chuck - PURIFIER!!

Anna - Kick out Brandon!

Corey drops down and hooks Brandon's leg, as the referee begins to count the pin.

-1-

-2-

Brandon kicks out

Anna - Yes!

Chuck - Oh good, Brandon can get his ass kicked even more

Corey stands to his feet, and walks to the corner. He begins stomping his foot, and motions for Brandon to stand up. As Brandon stands up, Corey starts to shuffle in place, before shuffling towards Brandon and throws a superkick

Chuck - Here comes the Casey Shuffle!

Anna - I thought it was Sweet Douche Music?

Chuck - Either works

Brandon ducks under the kick, and hits a huge dropkick as Corey turns around. Both men lie on the ground. Brandon slowly stands back up. He picks up Corey, and puts his own foot behind Corey's. He kicks it up, and flips down, flipping Corey onto his neck.

Anna - Brandon hits the Shock Factor!

Brandon rolls through with the move and grabs Corey's leg. The referee begins to slap the mat.

-1-

-2-

Corey Casey kicks out.

Anna - Dammit

Chuck - Corey lives to fight for a little longer

Brandon gets up and begins to argue with the referee. The ref tells him it was only a two count. Brandon turns around and is knocked to the ground as Corey drives his shoulder into his gut.

Chuck - STOP STEALING MY GOD DAMN MOVES!

Anna - Corey hits the Anti-Christ Impact

Corey throws the hair out of his face and hooks Brandon's leg.

-1-

-2-

-3-

Brandon kicks out.

Anna - Phew

Corey runs over and tags in Chris. Together, they pick up Brandon, and each grab his head. They pick him up over their heads, and fall backwards, causing Brandon's back to be driven hard into the mat.

Anna - Come on ref, this is getting ridiculous

Chuck - Babe, this is just good teamwork. Maybe if Brandon didn't have such incompetent partners.

Corey goes back to the corner, as Chris picks Brandon up. He hits a huge knee to the stomach, before pushing his head down to his knee, and holding his fist up in the air, as the crowd cheers.

Anna - Come on, this isn't fair

Chuck - All's fair in love and war! And my brother is going to finish this with Canonized!

Chris begins to move, but Brandon forces his head up and grabs Chris and hits a big ranhei on him, sending Chris's neck hard into the mat.

Anna - Uhhh, what were you saying Chuck?

Chuck - Facepalm

Anna - Something about Brandon hitting Chris with another Shock Factor?

Brandon turns around and ducks and oncoming clothesline by Corey. As Corey turns around, Brandon hits a huge superkick, knocking Corey to the ground and out of the ring. Brandon turns back towards Chris, and sets up for a flip piledriver.

Anna - Brandon easily takes care of Corey with a superkick. Looked a lot like the Casey Shuffle.

Chuck - I bet Corey loves having his moves stolen too! Now he knows how I feel!

Brandon bounces, but stops. He looks at Chris, and then at Corey, who is lying outside of the ring. He smiles, and then grabs the head of Chris, and throws his arm over his own head.

Anna - Brandon's got him up in the air

Chuck - If he does what I think he's going to do.....

Brandon picks up Chris, and holds him vertically over his head. He jumps and spins in mid air, driving Chris to the mat.

Anna - Brandon hits the Purifier on Chris Matthews!

Chuck - So many move thiefs!

Brandon drops down and hooks Chris's leg.

-1-

-2-

-3-

[Ding! Ding! Ding!]

Megan O'Day - Here is your winner, representing the Right Honourable Gentlemen, Brandon Macdonald!

Anna - He did it! Brandon did it! He beat both Chris Matthews and Corey Casey!

Chuck - I hate to admit it, but that was somewhat impressive.

Brandon gets up on the turnbuckle and raises his fist in the air. He points to the roof, before hopping down. He turns around and is knocked to the mat by a Corey Casey clothesline.

Anna - Huge clothesline by Corey as Brandon celebrates. Typical douche move

Chuck - Hey, take it easy there tiger. Be respectful to the IWF Champion

Corey hops down and walks over to the ringside tables. He grabs his IWF Championship belt. He walks back into the ring. He waits for Brandon to stand up, and then runs at him. Brandon ducks under it, and as Corey turns around, hits a spinning back kick to Corey's head.

Anna - Now who's laughing Corey? I bet you didn't have that in mind when you started this!

Chuck - I'm quite certain he didn't

Brandon looks at Corey, and then at the title. He grabs the title and waits for Corey to stand up. He runs at him, and hits Corey hard in the head with the title belt, knocking him to the ground. He walks over and grabs a microphone.

Brandon Macdonald
I'm tired of this. Tired of getting my ass kicked. Before tonight, I had lost three professional fights in a row. One in the UFC, and two to Corey Casey. I've lost more fights in my last three weeks than I have ever lost before. Going into Demolition Day, I expected to win. I tied. That seems to be something lost in this week. Casey, you and I tied last week, by double countout. It was only after that that Rick re-started the match, and I lost. I made one mistake. I brought a weapon into a match with the most hardcore superstar on the roster. And it backfired on me. But then I saw that I had to fight you again this week. And I decided that the time for losing was over. And guess what Casey? I just beat you. And Chris Matthews. Alone. Who dares to challenge you Casey? The only guy to beat you in the IWF. At Bloody Sunday, I challenge you to a Dual Finisher Match. One on one, and the only way to win is to hit your opponents finishers before you pin them. How bout it Casey? What do you say? Oh, that's right, you're unavailable right now. I'll let you sleep on it. How's that sound?

Brandon drops the microphone and begins to exit the ring.

"OH THE RATINGS!"

Brandon looks up at the stage, where Rick Christian is walking out to. He stops at the top of the ramp.

Rick Christian
Millions of people witnessed Brandon Macdonald and Corey Casey duke it out last week at Demolition Day. The ratings were oh so high! So I thought to myself, how do I make Bloody Sunday's ratings even higher? As I pondered and pondered, going through idea after idea, nothing stuck. But you Brandon Macdonald, I think you may have saved the day.

Rick looks at one side of the crowd.

Rick Christian
How many of you would like to see Corey Casey hit a Click Click Boom on Brandon Macdonald?

The crowd cheers loudly. Rick turns to the other side

Rick Christian
And wouldn't it be funny to see Brandon Macdonald try to hit the Purifier on Corey Casey?

The crowd cheers in agreement.

Rick Christian
The rules would be simple. It's a regular singles match. There are no countouts. There must be a winner. You must hit your opponents main finisher to win the match. Meaning that Brandon Macdonald must hit the Purifier before going for a pin, and Corey Casey must hit a Click Click Boom before going to a pinfall. No, wait! Even better idea! How's this for ratings? After you hit the finisher, you have to make your opponent tap out with his own submission finisher. So Brandon can only win with Asylum Walls, and Corey can only win with Lights Out. And they can only use each submission move after they hit their opponents finisher. The ratings would be so great. Ladies and gentlemen, it's official. Mark Bloody Sunday on your calendars. You aren't going to want to miss this.

Rick Christian turns around and walks backstage. Brandon Macdonald turns around, and sees Corey Casey standing to his feet. He grins, and walks over to him. He grabs his head, and uses all his strength to lift Corey vertically over his head. He jumps, but Corey quickly pushes off and rolls out of the ring as Brandon slams nothing to the mat.

Anna - Corey is lucky that he got away from that one

Chuck - Brandon tried to hit another Purifier, this time on Corey. I've seen more stolen moves today than I ever want to see again

Anna - That's all the time we have folks. Make sure to tune in next week, and don't forget, Bloody Sunday is only two weeks away!

Corey stares at Brandon from outside the ring, holding his head, as Brandon smiles at him, pointing to the title belt in Corey's hand, and then pointing at himself. The show slowly fades into black with Corey retreating up the ramp, while Brandon continues to point at the belt.

Copyright 2011
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Grounds III: The New Era   Battle Grounds III: The New Era I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Grounds III: The New Era
Page 1 of 1