Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian Empty
PostSubject: Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian   Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Roleplay Here
Back to top Go down
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian   Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 6:27 am

Don’t Stand Too Close to a Naked Man

Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian Disclaimer

The black screen gives way to a panoramic shot of an empty arena. Not recognizable from the surroundings. There’s nothing distinctive about it. That is, perhaps, by design. The specific arena isn’t important, just that it’s an IWF arena; that’s all that matters. An IWF ring at the end of the IWF stage, with the IWF logo on the jumbotron.

The lights die down until only a faint, pale white light shines on the stage, which is rolling with smoke as Dragonforce’s “Cry Thunder” blasts over the arena. Slowly a black, high-backed leather chair rises through the stage, within which Stygian sits. Lilith and Lilah are on either side of him in purple and pink (respectively) satin robes with matching halos and angel wings. Stygian holds a glass containing a red, glowing, smoking liquid in his hand. (It's actually just berry-flavored Gatorade Prime 01 and the glass is rigged with a dry-ice layer and an LED, but it still looks cool.) Stygian sits in the chair, swirling the liquid in the glass round with a bored look as the intro winds into the main riff, whereupon he knocks the glass back in one gulp and sets the glass aside. When the main riff kicks in the girls tear off their robes and angel wings to reveal that if they're any kind of angels at all, they're Victoria's Secret Angels. A wall of fire erupts from the front of the stage and burns down either side of the ramp, framing it in flames, and ending in a blast of pyro from the ring posts that may possibly be visible from space. When the blast at the stage is clear, Stygian is standing with the girls at his side and he leads them down to the ring. About halfway down the ramp they tear off their halos and fling them into the empty crowd.

Stygian: Wait, stop.

Suddenly the picture freezes in the middle of everything. Lilith and Lilah are both still extended into their follow-throughs. The pillars of fire are still erupting from the ring posts, floating in midair. Stygian sighs, he is the only body in motion. He turns around and looks at the stage, looks at the scantily-clad women, and then back to the ring.

Stygian: So many people think of this when they think of me. They see only this. They see the production values. They hear the Dragonforce, they see the image, they see the props and the lights, the flash and the fire. So many people see the beautiful women wearing skimpy clothes, the trench coat with the Tron lights. It’s easy to get wrapped up in the spectacle of Stygian. I should know. I designed it. I designed it from top to bottom. There is rarely a moment of my life to which you, the viewing public is privy that isn’t carefully scripted and meticulously planned to present exactly what I want you to see. That’s what it’s like to be Stygian. It’s like being a circus performer. Or perhaps a magician. Maybe it’s like being a superhero. Sometimes I do feel that way; coming down to the ring with an overture provided by Dragonforce. I mean, come on, it’s Dragonforce! If you can’t feel ten feet tall and bullet proof when Dragonforce is playing in the background, you’ll never get that feeling. My point is, that this is a character. A dramatis persona. I mean I might as well wear a Guy Fawkes mask and blow stuff up.

Stygian turns his back to the camera and slouches over. He spins back around with a dramatic flourish of his trench coat and a Guy Fawkes mask in place underneath a black felt pilgrim hat. This is actually made doubly funny when one considers that he’s now in character as V from V for Vendetta, and Stygian’s trench coat is based off the coat worn by the Red Skull in Captain America: The First Avenger. Both characters were played by Hugo Weaving.

Stygian: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate.' This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me…

Stygian pauses and shakes his head. He whips the hat and mask off in different hands. He tosses one into the crowd on one side, and the other the other way.

Stygian: Well, you get the idea, I hope. What everyone sees is the legend. They see all of this, and they’re either impressed, or they dismiss it out of hand. They feel the effect. They get blinded by bright lights, big boobs and a seven foot man dressed like…what is this even? Darth Vader? A comic book villain? Stygian shrugs. Little bit of both I figure. After all, man is gestalt. We are the sum total of the parts which contribute to the whole. I grew up watching Star Wars and reading comic books. And, well, who doesn’t like big boobs?

Stygian gestures to the frozen-in-time Lilith and Lilah.

Stygian: But in getting caught up in this, people miss elementary truths. They try to tie it all down to one simple place. They try to wrap it up in a bow and tie it all together. They want it all wrapped up so they can begin to deal with it. So they try to ascribe a label to it. They want to say it’s part of an intimidation game. They want to take the first step towards rationalizing the decision to get into the ring with me, because it’s not something for the faint of heart. So to make it an easier undertaking, to quell that feeling they get when “Cry Thunder” plays. The fact that their throat constricts, their heart races and the contents of their bladder and stomach want to run in liquid streams down their legs. They try to combat the inevitable moment when they’re in that squared circle, the bell rings and they’re face to face with a seven foot tall, 315 pound war machine. The man who bled Tim Patrick. The man who went toe-to-toe with James Shark. The man who crippled Tyson Rowle. The man who took the IWF World Title from Brandon Macdonald, one-on-one, man-to-man when they said it couldn’t be done! The man who broke Dan Alexander’s back, twice. The man who defeated Corey Casey in one of the most violent matches ever conceived.

Stygian: Yet still all anyone ever looks at is the image. The image isn’t crafted for intimidation, it never was. The image was to provide style for the substance. To bring something visually exciting. To create talking points. To wow the fans, get them to buy T-Shirts, posters and action figures. It’s something to look cool on the video games. Because as much as we try to stifle that, it’s painfully true that image matters in this business. Some men try to distance themselves from it. They try to brand themselves and style themselves as “pure wrestlers”. They train in gritty little gyms with flickering lights and equipment held together by duct tape like Clubber Lang in Rocky III. They wear plain tights or singlets, go by their real names and have some stupid gimmick like a stamp that says “Armbar 100% Proof”. They wrestle a technical style and use submission holds, and when they come up against someone like me they throw the words “phony” and “sideshow” around. They point at men like me and they say “oh no, I’m a real wrestler, not like those assholes over there”. They usually wash out of pro wrestling the same way they washed out of MMA. They wind up teaching gym in Thousand Oaks, California. Everyone has an image. Even the people who don’t have an image…that is their image. Everyone has an image, they craft it, they cultivate it, they put it out there…they dress in certain clothes, they spout certain phrases, they wear certain colors, they name their moves certain things… I’m not a fake, a phony or a sideshow. I’m just better at playing the image game than most of you are. And for that, you deride me. But what if?

Stygian snaps his fingers and everything comes back to life. Lilith and Lilah throw their halos into the empty crowd and join Stygian where he stands a few feet down the ramp. He pulls the lapel of his coat aside to reveal a Starfleet com badge, which he taps to bring online.

Stygian: Stygian to Enterprise, two to beam directly to Blackrock Spire; energize.

Suddenly Lilith and Lilah are engulfed in columns of light which dissipate, and they’re gone. Stygian undoes the pin and throws the badge away.

Stygian: Star Trek, yuck.

He gets one of those full body shudders as he undoes the belt of his coat and unbuttons it. He retrieves a grisly looking gun from beneath it.

Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian Meltagun_by_robbe25-d37012m

For those of you playing the home game, this is the meltagun from Warhammer 40,000. It’s capable of shooting a thousands of degrees stream of molecularly atomized air into a target. Stygian has built something similar and is currently in the delicate process of selling the patent. This isn’t his prototype. His prototype is considered a national security secret, and he’s not really going to blow up a prop IWF put a lot of time and money into building for his entrance. So this is, the educated mind would surmise, mocked up. Stygian pumps the handle levels the gun at the throne at the top of the stage and pulls the trigger. The blast from the weapon is so bright that it blinds the camera for a second. When the focus comes back, the throne has a large hole in it, and the rest of it is still melting into slag and collapsing underneath its own weight. Stygian turns back towards the ring and tosses the gun away. Once it’s off camera, it is out of sight, out of mind.

Stygian: And what if…

Stygian walks down to ringside with the flaming ring posts. Reaching into the pockets of his coat, he comes out with the Deluminator from the Harry Potter movies. It’s a small device, about the size of an old-fashioned British cigarette lighter. Not the disposable kind favored today. It has a more antique look to it. Silver ends, with a green, marbled handle in between. In the books the Deluminator is used to remove light sources from the Deluminator's immediate surroundings. Stygian slides under the bottom rope into the ring. He flips open the end of the Deluminator and points it at one of the ring posts spewing flame and clicks it. The fire leaps off the ring post and is drawn into a narrow strand, sucked into the end of the Deluminator. He turns and sucks up the fire from the other three ring posts as well. Once that’s done, he drops the Deluminator back into one pocket and pulls the 11th Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver from the other pocket. He flips open the end of it, and walks over to the side of the ring closest to the entrance where “Cry Thunder” is still blaring. He points the screwdriver up the ramp and clicks it open. It emits a high-pitched vibrating sound until the speakers explode in a shower of sparks and crackling electricity. Stygian twirls the sonic around between his fingers and stuffs it into his pocket.

Stygian: What remains if you take away the throne, the girls, the fireworks, the spectacle, the Dragonforce music? Do I shrink? Do I become less? Am I any different? Without the fire, without the beautiful women, without the show…am I not still the man who out-smarted Chuck Matthews? And the guy who out-brawled James Shark? What did boobs and pyro have to do with any of that? How about me breaking Dan Alexander’s back twice? How about me beating him so severely that he could fake his death and people not only believed it, but arrested me for it? Huh? What did Dragonforce have to do with that? I wasn’t even using Dragonforce at the time, I was using Helloween. What did my ring entrance have to do with me beating Corey Casey so severely that he never wrestled again? I mean, Chad Mason went around here thumping his chest talking about how thanks to him Jason Hawk and Chuck Matthews would never wrestle again…Chuck Matthews is getting back into the ring this week! I said I was going to retire Corey Casey and I did it! I said all along he would never get back into the ring after he fought me and guess what? HE NEVER WILL! And it doesn’t matter how I came out to that ring, who I came out with, or what music I walked out to. I could have driven down to the ring in a pink Mini Cooper, with Pancake Pete, serenaded by Katy Perry’s “Firework” and Corey Casey still would have caught the beating he did from me at Ragnarok. I was the beast of Ragnarok itself that night! Everyone tries to dismiss me because they say that if you can get past the psychological edge I get from intimidation and theatricality, it’s downhill. They say you’ve got my 50% beaten if I don’t psyche you out. Really? Tell me what psyches you out? Is it the girls? Is it the throne? Is it the fire? No, Anna Stone, I know what scares you. It doesn’t have to do with any of this. The image, the persona I’ve crafted, the character I become when the lights come up and the music blares…it isn’t what sends that chill down your spine, at least, it shouldn’t be. It’s not what I do to engage the fans, because that’s all this is, it’s window dressing. And the window dressing isn’t what outsmarted Chuck, out-brawled Shark, or crippled Corey Casey. No. It’s not the way I walk to the ring, the music I do it to, the women I do it with…it’s not even the clothes I wear when I do it.

Stygian stands in the center of the ring and throws his arms back. Like the Iron Man disarming sequence in Iron Man 2 his coat flies off behind him and vanishes. He holds his arms up and his shirt flies up into the rafters. He steps back and out of his boots one by one, and they split and take off under the bottom rope. Then his belt unbuckles and his pants split at the seams. The front flies past the camera and obscures it. When it clears, Stygian stands in the middle of the ring wearing a pair of black boxer briefs. He flexes his arms back and forth a few times. He cracks his neck from side to side. He hops back and forth on the balls of his feet, he shadow boxes, he throws a looping roundhouse kick with each foot and sighs, catching his breath.

Stygian: That’s strangely liberating. I see why the MMA guys do this now. No t-shirts, no costumes, no nicknames sequined onto your tights. Not even shoes. Just you, as a man, in the ring with another man. The same goal, tacit; to best one another in an athletic test of combat ability. They say the first exhibition combat sport was wrestling, you know? Greco-Roman Wrestling. They say the competitors would compete naked. I’m not bringing this up to suggest the inherent homoerotic subtext of grappling sports; or even suggest that we should grapple naked, Anna…you’re not my type for one. For two I’d hate to have to show your boyfriend and his family, who think they’re tough and dangerous what tough and dangerous really is. No, I’m just pointing out that it was at that point where the sport, the competition was most pure. No pay per view buyrates, no posters, no tickets sold, no corporate sponsors or any of that bullshit that pollutes the sports world at every professional level in this day and age. It was man-to-man, just as it was the night you watched me destroy your mentor.

Stygian: You had a ringside seat for that one, didn’t you Anna? I spoke at length to Johnny Styles last week about how we view our heroes. We’re never quite able to see them on our own level. We’re never able to humanize them. Whether it’s our parents, a favored teacher, a childhood role model…or a mentor…we never are able to see them as human beings ever again. And you and Brandon Macdonald…well that relationship is very intricate and complex, isn’t it? Childhood friends as I understand it. He was James Van Der Beek and you were Katie Holmes and Ottowa stood in for Dawson’s Creek. Or something like that. I’m going to be honest with you, I don’t know enough about Ottowa or Dawson’s Creek to say for sure if that’s an accurate metaphor. I don’t know enough about that, but I know enough about you. Not personally, but I know the type. You high school sweetheart left you and made himself famous. You went and made something of yourself just in case you ever saw him again. When you did, you’d made good and he took you back. To be honest, I’m pretty sure you’re still banging him, but we’ll get to that. Brandon Macdonald was your first love, wasn’t he? And what’s that old song say? The first cut is the deepest? We hold our first loves on this pedestal, don’t we? Keefer Sutherland has this commercial out now about some girl he knew in high school, I think her name is Susan Glenn. I saw it once, and I was drunk. But he talks about all these things, like she floated on air and shot pyro out of her ass, or something. He just talks about this pedestal he had her on for so long. It’s the same pedestal you kept Brandon on, isn’t it? The one he was on while you did…whatever it is…you do at a Tim…what the fuck is a Tim Horton’s anyway?

Stygian looks over his shoulder.

Stygian: This is usually the point where Lilah pulls the right answer out of her ass, but, uh, I beamed her out. And I can’t text her because my phone is in my coat and it…

Stygian turns around and faces the direction off in which his coat flew. He turns back to the camera and shrugs.

Stygian: I didn’t think this through, apparently. Well, whatever. You did whatever you do at a Tim Horton’s, then you picked yourself up off the mat, got your broadcasting degree, and eventually you got that second chance. Your first love, your first cut pulled you up onto that pedestal with him. He brought you into his new world: pro wrestling. He trained you; he introduced you to his friends, hell I think you two were even engaged, weren’t you? Doesn’t matter. I don’t need to know the extent to which you and he took this. I know the place he holds in your heart. Deny as you will, dismiss it however you like. I don’t need you to admit it to the world, Anna. You can’t help but admit it to yourself. Your friend, your mentor, your lover…he was a hero to you.

Stygian: So how did it feel, Anna? How must it have felt to watch me destroy him? Because after a certain point, go back and watch that tape. Watch that match again. After a certain point, it was just a matter of time. Brandon was beaten. He was like a pitcher whose arm had given up. He was just throwing junk. Don’t try to defend it, don’t try to deny it, you were right there! I was in the ring with him. It might have been courageous and awe-inspiring, but let me tell you something: after the second Baneblade, he was done. Yeah, he kicked out of two more, but his punches were weak. They had nothing on them. He was dead weight every time I dragged him up. He gave me everything he had, but in the end he was a broken man who didn’t know when he was beat. At what point did it become uncomfortable, Anna? Watching me take your pretty boy and pound him into the mat, over and over? At what point in the dismantling of the man who trained you in this sport did it become painful to watch him thrashing helplessly in the jaws of the trap? When did he start to look like a rabbit in a wolf’s mouth, being flung back and forth until the life drained out of him? At what point did it become pathetic, watching a once-great man, a man who unlocked your heart, uncrossed your legs and taught you this sport, the sport he was supposed to be the best in the world at...when, in the process of my destroying him did you bury your head in your hands and start sobbing silently, hoping it didn’t come over the headset? Did you lock it in, or did you have to hit the mute button on your microphone and I drove him into the mat again and again and again?

Stygian: This right here…

Stygian stands in front of the camera and flexes, displaying his impressive physique. He balls up his fists and adopts a fighting stance for a few moments. Then he smirks, chuckles, and drops his hands back down.

Stygian: This is what destroyed Obi Wan, Anna. Seven foot, three-hundred-fifteen pounds. Built be genetics, forged in the weight room, honed in the gym and tempered in the ring. You have to know that, because Brandon Macdonald has to have told you that a hundred times. Tell me this much, Anna, why? It’s not just because you want to prove yourself against me, is it? It’s to impress him, I know that much. Is it to avenge the loss of his career, or to prove that he picked the wrong girl? That’s all I want to know. Not that it will much matter, to me. My path is clear; my course of action is set. I’ve worked very hard to get to where I am. I have things I want to do. I’ve proven where I belong in this company, and shown the world where I belong in this business right now. The way I’m heading now, the direction I’m travelling from here on out is to establish my place in the history of the sport. Do you really think you can stop that? The “great” Anna Stone?

Stygian: You know, I’ve stripped myself down, Anna, why don’t I do the same for you. Again, not literally. But let me pull back the curtain on Anna Stone and show the world what you really are. Everyone talks about how you’ve acquitted yourself so well, your impressive rookie year. You’ve won what? Eight matches and a title. A title you rechristened on your own damn authority, and the Commissioner of IWF backed your play because you’re still banging him. That’s the only thing that explains all of this Anna. You get your pick of opponents, you get a title match, what, your fifth time out, and then you get to circumvent the tradition, as much of a tradition as can be for a company just finishing up its first year of operation, of passing up a word title match to try and settle a score for your old flame.

Stygian: You’ve built and crafted this perception of yourself every bit as much as I’ve crafted image I project to the cameras and to the wrestling world. Hand-picked opponents, sporadic matches, all brewed over pillow talk with your secret fling and brought to life in the ring. They hold you up, your story, your background, your success as an example of everything that’s supposed to be right in this business. In truth? You’ve been handed everything. I wondered, I’ve wondered since I left and it started how the hell you’ve pulled it off. At first I thought it was just natural talent. Then I came back and I watched it. You show up to work, maybe, maybe once a month before a pay-per-view. You pick your opponents, your pick your matches, you pick what days you actually want to show up and give effort, you pick your opponents and you make your matches. You made this match. You haven’t earned it. You didn’t earn the right to thumb your nose at the privileges of Path To Valhalla. It’s all possible because of something I should have seen all along. You haven’t earned your career, you’ve slept your way into it. It’s an insult to this company, this business, women everywhere; and it is an insult to me!

Stygian: So you’re a lovesick, twitterpated little girl who’s freaked out because Brandon gave Karly Zedic a ring. You thought you’d dodged a bullet when he didn’t marry the Matthews slut, but he’s handed out, what, his third ring, and this is the second one that hasn’t gone to you? So what do you do? You make the big play. The one man Brandon never beat, the one who put him out of the sport…this isn’t about any of the bullshit you said it was about. This isn’t about proving yourself against the best, this isn’t about giving me an excuse to do something with the belt I stole to egg Corey Casey into a match that I have little use for since I won that match and retired Corey. This is you trying to prove a point before Brandon walks down the aisle and finds someone waiting at the altar who isn’t you. This isn’t about competition. You wouldn’t have cheap-shotted me and kicked me in the head. You wouldn’t have tried to do it again after that momentous match with Johnny Styles. So stow the purity and the need to beat me to prove something to yourself, this is you trying to prove something to Brandon Macdonald.

Stygian: You signed on to try and show Brandon something you knew Karly Zedic never could. But here’s the thing, Anna: you can’t do it either! Think about this for a second. Your mentor, your hero, the man who took you under his wing and taught you everything you know about this business…and I thrashed him like a tiger chasing down a civet and rending him tooth and nail until he quit struggling. I took the world title from a man they said nobody ever would beat. You watched him struggle, you watched him fight…you…watched…him…fail! And wether you’d admit it or not you’ve watched them all. You watched me beat Dan Alexander nearly to death once. You watched me break his back on the steel ring steps later. You watched me stand toe-to-toe with James Shark and put him through a table. You watched me trick Chuck Matthews and beat him in the center of the ring. You watched me drag Corey Casey into the most demonic structure anyone’s ever held a pro wrestling match inside of, and break his back! He’s lucky he can still walk.

Stygian: In reverse order, I was more violent than the most violent man in professional wrestling, I was smarter than the smartest man in professional wrestling, I out brawled the best brawler in the sport, I broke the most technical wrestler in the sport and I beat the best wrestler in the world, put him out of the business, took his world title and took the title of best wrestler in the world. You picked the wrong fucking guy to prove a point to your boyfriend with. What’s wrong with showing up at his house wearing an overcoat with nothing underneath it? It’s a much more reliable plan than picking a fight with a seven foot killing machine. There are certain older cultures who believe that if you kill a man, you take his power. If you defeat him, you take what he has, what he possesses into yourself. If that’s true, then I am the most violent, smartest, toughest, best wrestler in the world. Truth? I don’t think I took any of that. I’m pretty sure I had it all before. I’ve always had it. I’ve had it since I came back from Japan. I’ve had it since my first match in UECW, I’ve had it since my match with your beloved Brandon, I’ve had it since I broke Corey Casey’s back…I even had it in the ring with Johnny Styles. Yeah, I lost to a legend. A legend who’s seen them all and beaten them all. I’m not ashamed. I’m not ashamed of losing to Johnny, I’m not ashamed of losing to Robbie hart, because both have pushed me to refine myself, to refine my skills and keep improving. To ascend to the pinnacle. This thing you think you’re doing? This match you’ve taken? This is the most misguided romantic gesture since Juliet took a sleeping pill and forgot to text Romeo about the plan. I think you must think you’re really as good as everyone is telling you you are after less than a dozen matches. Well Juliet? The dice were loaded from the start. And I bet, and I’ll put a Baneblade through your heart. And I forget…I forget the movie song. When you realize that you’ve got the idea wrong?

Stygian smirks and the camera closes in on his smiling face…then it pulls back to reveal him in his full ring gear, with Lilith and Lilah at his side once again.

Stygian: This might be with everyone thinks of when they think of me. But there’s substance under the style. Underneath all of this? Underneath all of this is the man who’s been in the ring with just about every big name IWF, NLWF and UECW ever had, and he’s beaten them all. I’m sure you’ve got people who are telling you, I’m sure they’re all telling you that this is all that I am. That the image is what you have to beat. No, darling, you have to beat the man. It wasn’t a coat with Tron lines that broke Dan Alexander’s back. It wasn’t a ring entrance that crippled Corey Casey. It wasn’t an image that drove the life out of Brandon Macdonald and sent him packing. It was a man. It was I. But you need to tell yourself something to keep from pissing yourself as you wait in the ring for me. So go head, tell yourself it’s just a show. Tell yourself it’s just an image. That’s fine. Have fun in Chicago. Come for the show…stay for the beating. You want to be a star? Good news, you made it. Bad news? Your next match is going to be your last match. They don’t call me the Star Destroyer for nothing.

The camera pulls back, and a wall of fire erupts all around the ring. When it clears, Stygian and the girls are gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Pre Wedding Disaster   Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Saturday, August 25th, 2012
3:00PM
Las Vegas, Nevada

I grabbed an H&K MP5 off of the bathroom counter and shoved it into a holster on one of the belts that I was wearing. I looked at myself in the mirror, at how ridiculous I looked. I was standing there in my bra and panties, with two belts strapped around my waist. One of the belts held a dozen or so bullet clips for various guns, while my other belt held the submachine gun, three handguns and two grenades.

I looked over at Gianni, who had even more weapons than me strapped around him. A small machine gun hung over his back from a custom shoulder strap. He wore belts like me, however his held twice as many guns and twice as many clips. A semi-automatic shotgun was attached to the side of his leg. We looked ridiculous.

I couldn't believe that this was happening. The last 24 hours had been one of the most insane days of my life. And I was sure that it was just about to get even more crazy. I wish this would all just end. It was hard to believe that there was a chance that this would be my last day on earth. I wondered what I had gotten myself into. I never imagined that dating Gianni would lead to anything like this. But at the same time, I knew that this was a risk going into it, and I chose to ignore that risk. So now I was part of it. I thought back to twenty four hours earlier, when this all started.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, August 24th, 2012
10:00PM
Las Vegas, Nevada

Brandon Macdonald
So I think that about wraps things up. Thanks for coming out everyone, Karly and I are so excited and thankful. We'll see you all tomorrow. Again, thanks so much.

I walked over to the table and grabbed a piece of cheese off of one of the platters. We were in a special wedding-specific building doing a rehearsal for Brandon and Karly's wedding tomorrow. The building had a church-type place for weddings, then a giant hall attached for the after-party. There were a few dressing rooms as well. We were in the hall, having just finished the rehearsal.

I looked over at Gianni, who was sitting in one of the chairs smiling at me. I had been chosen as Karly's maid of honour, which made me so happy, but for obvious reasons Gianni had not been chosen by Brandon as any of his groomsmen. Neither of us were upset or even surprised. Brandon was friends with Gianni, but he wasn't amazing friends with him. All of Brandon's groomsmen were well deserved of their positions. I couldn't believe that I was picked as Karly's maid of honour. But at the same time, I wasn't totally surprised, her and I were so close, and had only gotten closer in recent weeks.

Gianni Giordano
Want to head back to the hotel and get some sleep?

The wedding was in Las Vegas, which wasn't too far from where both Brandon and Karly and Gianni and I lived in L.A. Gianni and I were going to stay here until Saturday, and then fly up to Chicago so that I would have a full day to prepare for From the Ashes.

Anna Stone
Yeah, just let me go say goodbye to Karly and Brandon

I looked over at Brandon, who was busy talking to his best man Jason Hawk and one of his groomsmen, James Shark. I didn't want to interrupt those three, and not just because of the awkwardness that would ensue from all of them having slept with me at times in the past. I walked over to Karly, who had just finished talking to the minister who was going to preside over the ceremony tomorrow. She still looked so beautiful, even with her four-month pregnant belly.

Karly Zedic
Anna! I'm so nervous for tomorrow!

I hugged Karly tightly

Anna Stone
Don't worry girl, you're going to be fine! You should be excited, not nervous.

Karly Zedic
I know. But come on, weren't you nervous before your wedding?

I thought back to that day almost two years ago. She was right.

Anna Stone
Yeah, I was incredibly nervous.

Karly Zedic
Exactly

Anna Stone
But that's a good thing. You just need to get some sleep tonight. And remember, it's bad luck to see Brandon from now until the wedding!

Karly Zedic
I know. We rented separate rooms in the hotel just for that.

Anna Stone
Good! Listen, Gianni and I were thinking about going home to get some sleep before the big day, do you need or want me to stick around?

Karly Zedic
No, I think we're just about wrapped u
p here. I'll see you tomorrow morning?

I hugged Karly tightly again and kissed her on the cheek.

Anna Stone
Of course. Bye, get some sleep!

I turned and walked towards Gianni, who held out his arm for me. I took it, and together we walked out of the hall and out of the building. Gianni handed the bellhop a card, and he quickly walked away towards the parking garage. I stared at the sky, not saying much as we waited for our car to arrive.

Gianni Giordano
You okay? You look like you've got something on your mind

When Gianni said that I looked like that, I knew that he knew something was up. It was pointless to try and fool him, because it wasn't going to work.

Anna Stone
Yeah sort of. Just worried I guess, for our safety. You know…

Gianni Giordano
Look, you heard what Saul said. We're safe until September. The Hart family isn't going to be able to get enough manpower to launch a full attack in such a short amount of time. There's no way that we're going to be in any kind of danger soon.

Anna Stone
But what if Saul is wrong? What if we don't have that much time?

Gianni grabbed my shoulders and squeezed tightly. He looked me in the eyes, deep into my eyes. He was still so beautiful.

Gianni Giordano
Then we prepare. We do exactly what we planned.

Our car pulled up and the bellhop hopped out and gave Gianni the keys. Gianni gave the kid some money and hopped in the car. I climbed into the passenger seat and sat there, staring out the window at the passing lights as Gianni and I drove back to the hotel in silence. I just wanted this whole thing to be over. I wished that I could just focus on how happy I was for my two best friends to get married tomorrow. But instead, I had to focus on this whole stupid thing.

We got to our room and I collapsed onto the couch. Gianni went to our room to grab something. I flicked on the TV and started flipping through. I landed on the national news, who were apparently talking about Brandon's wedding. I had heard more about the wedding in the last few days than I would have liked to hear in an entire year, so I clicked on to the next station. It was a sports station, and they were talking about me.

Reporter
So here's the question of the day. After seeing Stygian dominate all summer, and Anna do basically nothing worthwhile, topped onto the fact that she chose to fight someone who basically doubles her in size, we have to ask. What in the hell was Anna Stone thinking, and does she even stand a little bit of a chance this weekend against Stygian?

I turned off the TV. I was tired of hearing about it. I already knew what they were going to say. I didn't stand a chance, there was just no way that I could beat Stygian, and that I was an idiot for even challenging him in the first place. That's what everyone was saying. And I just didn't want to hear about it. I had my reasons, and I had made them clear before. I didn't want to keep stating them. And as for the underdog position? That's just what I had expected when I challenged him, so it was really nothing strange to me.

Gianni walked out of the room and sat down beside me on the couch.

Gianni Giordano
Anything good on babe?

Anna Stone
Nope, just boring news and dumb shows

Gianni Giordano
That's too bad. So what did you wanna do?

I rolled over and looked at Gianni, smiling.

Anna Stone
Well, it's bad luck for the bride to see her significant other on the night of her wedding. But nothing about the maid of honour

I grinned at Gianni as he smiled at me. He pulled me in tightly for a kiss. His hands found their way to my back, where they reached down and began to pull my shirt up over my head.

*Knock knock knock*

Anna Stone
Dammit!

I grabbed my shirt and pulled it back down and straightened it out. Gianni quickly hopped up and walked over to the door, and opened it. I was greeted with the stumbling body and sweaty face of Saul Speedman.

Saul Speedman
Thank god I found you guys…

Saul was the Giordano family lawyer. He was as crooked as they come, often only taking criminals as his clients in order to make a cut of their profits. While he seemed very illegitimate to basically everyone, he actually knew quite a bit about law. He was able to find loopholes and ways around all kinds of things, and was also just quite knowledgeable from experience. He was a bit of a flake though. But what the hell was he doing here in Las Vegas?

Gianni Giordano
What are you doing here Saul?

Saul Speedman
I'm getting out of the country, and you should be too!

Saul looked very panicked and upset. He kept looking around, as if he was expecting somebody to just break down our door and barge inside looking for him.

Gianni Giordano
What do you mean leave? Why?

Saul Speedman
You haven't heard?

Gianni Giordano
Heard what?

Saul Speedman
Oh boy. Look, remember how I said that you guys would be safe from the Hart family until at least September?

Gianni Giordano
Yeah we were just talking about that actually. Why do you ask Saul?

I suddenly realized why he was in such a hurry, and his question now made sense to me

Anna Stone
Saul…you don't mean?

Saul Speedman
My guy's calculations were off. The Hart family is ready now, and is coming after you now

I stared at Saul in disbelief. No way this could be happening. Not now, not so close to two of the most important days of the entire year for me.

Gianni Giordano
Saul, wait. How can you be so sure?

Saul Speedman
You really need to stay in contact when you go on these trips Gianni. Your dad's consigliere, what's his name?

Gianni Giordano
Antonio Motti, why?

Saul Speedman
They got him

I stared at Saul with my jaw dropped.

Gianni Giordano
Shit…

We sat in silence for a few moments. I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing.

Gianni Giordano
How did it happen?

Saul Speedman
He was shot. Drive by. He was just walking down the road and some of Hart's allies drove by and opened fire on him.

Gianni Giordano
Fuck. So what should we do?

Saul Speedman
What should you do? You should do what I'm doing, and get the hell out of the states. I got a friend down in Costa Rica who's got a place to stay. You should seriously consider coming with me. I can get you two a nice place set up. You can access your money from there, so you'll live comfortably.

Anna Stone
We can't

Saul looked at me strangely

Gianni Giordano
She's right. We have a wedding tomorrow that we just can't miss. And then she's got a wrestling match on Sunday that she needs to be at. So the latest we could leave is late Sunday.

Saul Speedman
You don't want to be at that wedding

Gianni Giordano
Why's that?

Anna Stone
Yeah, why is that Saul?

Saul looked around, making sure we were alone. Which was stupid since we were in a hotel room.

Saul Speedman
Look, you didn't hear this from me, but word around the Hart family is that they know you'll be attending Brandon's wedding tomorrow. Word is that they're planning an attack on you there

Anna Stone
Are you kidding me?!

Saul Speedman
I wish I was

I buried my face in my hands. I couldn't believe that this was happening. I was going to either skip Brandon's wedding, and break both his and Karly's hearts, or I was going to die there. What a couple of options those were.

Gianni Giordano
Well we're not going to miss that wedding. I trust you brought what I asked you to in this situation?

Saul Speedman
I did, its in place.

Anna Stone
Wait, what's happening?

Gianni looked at me and grabbed my hand.

Gianni Giordano
I'd explain it to you, but it's easier if I just show it to you tomorrow.

Anna Stone
Or you can tell me now?

Saul Speedman
Well, now's a good time for me to go. Listen, Gianni, Anna, it's been a pleasure. Hopefully we'll meet again in the future.

Gianni Giordano
Thanks Saul, it's been a good run

Saul stood up and walked towards the door, closing it behind him. I looked over at Gianni.

Anna Stone
So can you tell me what he brought you?

Gianni Giordano
Protection

Anna Stone
What does that mean?

Gianni Giordano
Look I'll show you tomorrow. But I need you to answer something for me. Do we want to tell Brandon and Karly about this apparent attack tomorrow? Or do we handle it ourselves?

I thought about it. This was something that Brandon and Karly really should know. But at the same time, I didn't want to ruin any of their day, and I knew that if I told them this, that I'd ruin it. This was their day, and I really just didn't want to ruin it.

Anna Stone
Can you handle it yourself?

Gianni Giordano
With your help I can

Anna Stone
What kind of help can I offer?

Gianni Giordano
You're a sharpshooter. You've really paid attention to my lessons at the range, so I think you'd be able to help a bit. I just need someone else to count on so I'm not doing this alone. Plus, we always do things as a team right?

Anna Stone
Ok I guess…but I'm really not sure what to do.

Gianni stood up and walked over to the table. He grabbed his briefcase and opened it up, pulling out a large stack of papers. I walked over to the table, as he lay out a blueprint for the wedding tomorrow.

Gianni Giordano
So here's what we're going to do

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present Time

So that's how I got here. Sitting in the dressing room, strapping guns and ammunition to myself, all while trying to still look good for Brandon and Karly's wedding. I pulled my dress over my head and around my body. It was a loose fitting dress, so it concealed my belts underneath. I looked over at Gianni, who was fixing his tie. I grabbed it and fixed it for him. He looked really nervous. I was too. We had been up all night, planning what we were going to do if need be. We had bribed someone to let us into their firing range so that I could get some practise shooting handguns and submachine guns, which I had already had lots of experience with thanks to Gianni, but also throwing grenades. But I really hoped, no, prayed that I wouldn't need to do anything. I was so afraid, I didn't even know if I would be able to actually shoot a gun at someone. It was so easy to practice shooting one, but when it came time to actually take a life, I knew it would be much harder. But at the same time, if it meant staying alive, I'm pretty sure I could do it.

Gianni Giordano
Ready?

I sighed and straightened my dress. It was uncomfortable to walk with all of the belts and stuff underneath. But I wouldn't need to wear it for very long. I hoped at least.

Anna Stone
As ready as I'll ever be

Gianni Giordano
You'll be fine. Just remember what we talked about, and everything will be okay.

Anna Stone
You promise?

Gianni Giordano
Promise

We walked out of the dressing room, which Gianni locked behind him. I walked down the hallway towards the wedding hall, where everyone was being seated. One of Karly's friends pointed me towards the dressing room that she was in. I kissed Gianni and wished him luck before I walked into the dressing room.

Karly Zedic
Anna!

Karly ran and basically tackled me. She hugged me tightly, as I moved myself around in her arms so that she didn't feel me wearing anything underneath. The last thing I wanted was to ruin her day when she found weapons under my maid of honour dress.

Anna Stone
Karly! Are you excited?!

Karly let go of me and began pacing around the room. She had her wedding dress on, and she looked so gorgeous.

Karly Zedic
Yeah, but I'm also so nervous. Can you believe we're actually going to get married today?! I can't believe it's already here!

Anna Stone
Me neither. You must be so relieved. I can still remember the first time Brandon told me about you. It was so funny. You should have seen him before your first date! He was so nervous, I'd never seen him like that in my life.

Karly Zedic
Oh my god really?! I was so nervous too!

Anna Stone
But look how great it turned out. You two are so happy, and I'm so happy for you two.

Karly Zedic
Thanks Anna. But like…this isn't awkward for you at all is it? I mean, having been married to Brandon already, and now watching him marry someone else? I mean I'd totally understand if you didn't want to be here, Lillian can fill in as the maid of honour if she has to.

I grabbed Karly by the shoulders to stop her from blabbering on and on. She was nervous, and so she was just talking and talking.

Anna Stone
Karly. Seriously. I'm fine. I wouldn't have agreed to come if I had a problem with it. I was serious when I said that I was way over Brandon, and that all I wanted for him was to be happy. He's my best friend, and when he's with you, he's like the happiest guy in the world. And that makes me feel good too. So really, I want to be here, I want to see the two of you on the happiest days of your lives. Brandon and I tried it, and it didn't work. But I can say, from experience, that the two of you are a way better couple than the two of us were. You two will last forever, Brandon and I were never meant to be together like that.

Karly hugged me tightly again, and I again made sure she didn't squeeze some areas too tightly.

Karly Zedic
Awww thanks Anna! You're the best!

Anna Stone
That's why I'm the maid of honour

I grinned as Karly laughed

Karly Zedic
Yeah it is!

I looked over at the clock on the wall. It was about time for me to get ready. I looked back at Karly, who saw me looking at the clock.

Karly Zedic
Time to go?

Anna Stone
Time to go

I hugged Karly again and kissed her on the cheek.

Anna Stone
Everything's going to work out great, I just know it. You and Brandon are going to have the best wedding ever

Karly Zedic
I hope so too!

Karly let go of me as I turned around and walked out the door. I walked over to the line of groomsmen and bridesmaids, who were sitting there waiting. As soon as I got there, they all stood up. I could see an usher begin waving us to walk inside. Each one of us paired up with one of the groomsmen, as we were to walk down the aisle hand in hand. I laughed as Lillian and James had to pair up. I looked over and saw Jason Hawk looking at me, with a really stupid grin on his face. I really didn't want to deal with his shit, so I just looked straight ahead as he grabbed my arm and lead me up towards the church doors. We entered the church, and I saw the beautiful decorations and all the people there. It was so packed, and all of these people would be at the reception too. I found myself scanning the crowd, looking for people out of place. I recognized nearly all of Brandon's side of the family, but I really knew nobody on Karly's side. So they all looked out of place to me.

I got to the altar and moved aside, waiting for the wedding to start. I looked at Brandon, who was already at the altar. I smiled at him, and he smiled back at me. I looked back down the church as music started to play, and Karly walked out the door.

I watched as the soon-to-be Karly Macdonald slowly walked down the aisle towards us, her father holding her hand. She looked incredibly beautiful as she stared at Brandon, who had the same look in his face as he had during our wedding, maybe even with a bit more love. I had never seen him so happy in my life, and I was so excited for him. Karly kissed her father before walking up the altar and standing across from Brandon, a huge smile on her face. I could tell she was just as happy as he was.

Minister
Dearly beloved, family and friends, welcome to the blending of two hearts and two lives into one beautiful whole. Brandon Macdonald and Karly Zedic have long planned and anticipated this event and they will remember this day, and your supportive presence here, for the rest of their lives. They have expressed their love to each other every day for many months in private, but today is special because today they will express and vow their love for each other in front of you. Without you, this moment would not exist and we are all grateful to you for being here

The entire church applauded briefly. I joined in with them. I was so excited and it wasn't even my wedding

Minister
We also welcome the presence of God who has chosen to bless this couple with faithfulness and protection on this day and every day. Without the life that flows to and through us from the Divine Source, we would not be able to experience this wedding, today's fellowship or any of the other blessings bestowed upon us in this world.

Brandon's parents had insisted that he get married by a Catholic priest. While neither he nor Karly were religious, both their parents agreed that they should get married in a religious ceremony. They just wanted everything to go right.

Minister
Today, as you join yourselves in marriage, there is a vast and unknown future stretching out before you. The possibilities and potentials of your married life are great; and now falls upon your shoulders the task of choosing your values and making real your dreams. Through your commitment to each other, may you grow and nurture a love that makes both of you better people, a love that continues to give you great joy, and also a passion for living that provides you with energy and patience to face the responsibilities of life.

This was beginning to remind me of my failed wedding. I tried not to think back to that day, but it was hard. I just kept looking at how happy Brandon and Karly were. That distracted me enough to smile.

Minister
Brandon and Karly, remember to treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Take responsibility for making the other feel safe, and give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulty and fear assail your relationship, as they threaten all relationships at some time or another, remember to focus on what is right between you, not just the part that seems wrong. In this way, you can survive the times when clouds drift across the face of the sun in your lives, remembering that, just because you may lose sight of it for a moment, does not mean the sun has gone away. And, if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight.

I looked around at the crowd. I saw Gianni in his seat. He smiled at me, but I could tell that he was focused on making sure nobody in the crowd did anything. Any of the people in the back could have been planted there, and I wouldn't even know. Luckily Gianni had been in so many life-threatening situations before, he knew how to handle it. But me on the other hand, I had only been in a handful. Which I guess ends up being more than anyone else, but still!

Minister
Before we continue, if there is anyone in this audience, anyone at all who sees reason as to why these two beautiful people should not marry, let them speak up now, or forever will they hold their peace.

If anyone had said anything, I think I would have beaten them to death right then and there. Nobody was going to ruin this wedding for those two. Not after all they had done to get here.

Minister
Then we shall continue. Do you, Brandon Macdonald, take Karly Zedic to be your lawfully wedded wife?

Brandon Macdonald
I do

Yay!

Minister
Will you love, respect, and honour her throughout your years together, in sickness and in health, through good times and through bad times?

Brandon Macdonald
I will.

Minister
Do you, Karly Zedic, take Brandon Macdonald to be your lawfully wedded husband?

Karly Zedic
I do

I smiled brightly, but not nearly as brightly as Karly was smiling right now.

Minister
Will you love, respect, and honour him throughout your years together, in sickness and in health, through good times and through bad times?

Karly Zedic
I will.

Minister
Excellent. Both the groom and the bride have taken time to write vows for each other. We shall now hear the vows.

This is what I was looking forward to. I loved wedding vows, they always made me cry.

Brandon Macdonald
Karly, from the moment I first saw you, I knew that you were something special. I was in a confusing point of my life. I know now that you were also. But I was lucky, because when I finally figured out my life, you had done the same. And you were waiting there for me. Today is a special day, because it is finally the day that I get to call you my wife. You're the person that I want to spend the rest of my life with. The person that I want to grow old beside. The person that I want to argue with about the television remote when we've both been put in the old folks home by our children and grandchildren. Today Karly, I take you to be my wife. I promise you that I will be faithful. I promise you that I will honour you, respect you, cherish you, love you. I will laugh with you, and I will cry with you. I will always be there for you, in sickness and in good health, in those dark times, and of course, these happy times. I promise to love you as I have loved you since we first got together, for the rest of our lives.

That did the trick. Tears were rolling down my cheeks slowly. That was really good, so much better than the vow he wrote for our wedding. I wasn't upset about that or jealous, I just knew that he really did love her. I could hear it in his voice as he read that, and coupled with the look on his face, it was obvious that this was the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

Karly Zedic
Brandon, today I take you to be my friend, my lover, the father of our beautiful baby on the way, and my amazing and incredible husband. I've told you this so many times, but I fell in love with you from the moment I saw you walking backstage at that wrestling show those many months ago. I knew that I had to wait, and that's what I did. But now, finally, I get to call you my husband. I've waited so long, and today is finally the day. And here we are, in front of our friends, our family, and I couldn't be happier. This is the best day of my entire life, and from here on out, every day will just be an extension of that, because now we're together forever. Nothing will tear us apart. Sure we'll argue, we'll fight, we'll get mad at each other. But at the end of the day, we both love each other so much, and we'll always be there for each other. We'll be together for all of eternity, and that begins today.

I could hardly even hide my tears now. I was just thinking about all the good times that happened when I was with these two. And not only that, but the vows reminded me of just how great my life had been recently, so much better than when I was married to Brandon. I looked over at Gianni, who again smiled at me and blew me a kiss. I loved him so much. Part of me wished he would propose to me. But the rest of me knew that he just wouldn't do this any time soon. Not when his family was in danger like this.

Minister
So beautiful. May I have the rings please?

Jason Hawk gave the priest the rings that he was holding. The minister took them and handed one to Brandon, who looked at Karly, who was starting to cry herself. I was amazed that she had lasted this long without breaking down. But it had to come some time.

Minister
Creator of All, thank you for blessing these rings. May they serve to always remind Karly and Brandon of the promises they have made to each other today. May your endless love and boundless wisdom surround these rings, these two before me and all of those gathered to witness this exchange today. In your name, we pray. Amen.

Amen. Now it was finally time. Brandon and Karly were really going to be married. Husband and wife forever. Brandon took Karly's hand in his own.

Brandon Macdonald
Karly Zedic, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day.

Brandon placed the ring on her finger. Karly smiled through the tears and looked at Brandon. The minister handed her a ring. The two of them had decided that they would both get rings, so that they would both always know that they had made a commitment to each other. It was so beautiful. Karly wiped her eyes and tried to hold back her tears while she took Brandon's hand.

Karly Zedic
Brandon Macdonald, I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day.

Awwwww so cute.

Minister
You have each received the blessings of your families. You have vowed to love each other. You have offered and accepted rings to wear as a symbol of those vows. And you have done this all in the presence and company of your dearest friends and most beloved family. It is now my most humble honour to declare , by the power vested in me by the state of California, to declare you legally and spiritually, husband and wife. You may now enjoy the first kiss of your long and fruitful marriage.

Brandon and Karly leaned in and kissed each other, as the audience cheered. I clapped along with everyone, tears streaming down my face. I was so happy for both of them, especially Brandon. He had had some pretty bad luck in his life lately, just like me. Whether it was friendships lost, or girls not lasting, he hadn't had basically any luck. But now he was finally happy, and that really made me happy.

Minister
Ladies and gentlemen, please congratulate the newest married couple in this world, Mr. and Mrs. Macdonald!

Brandon and Karly turned and waved to the audience who stood and clapped. I wiped my eyes with a tissue that Jason Hawk handed to me. I continued to clap and cheer as the two of them walked down the aisle and began walking out of the church. I grabbed Jason's arm and we followed them out of the church and into the dressing room. I ran over to Karly and jumped on her, hugging her so tightly that she was almost knocked over.

Anna Stone
Congratulations!!!

Karly laughed and wiped her eyes as the rest of the wedding party began to move into the dressing room. There wasn't going to be much of a break, as the reception was going to immediately follow the wedding. Brandon and Karly wanted it to be wrapped up as soon as possible because they too had to be in Chicago for Sunday's From the Ashes PPV. Brandon had to be there pretty early, since he had to make sure everything was running properly.

Karly Zedic
Thanks! I can't believe it. We're married Brandon!

Karly ran over and jumped into Brandon's arms. He laughed and kissed her, as we all cheered. They broke the kiss and grinned sheepishly.

Brandon Macdonald
Best day ever?

Karly Zedic
Yes!

Karly went over to Lillian and others and began talking to them. I walked over and hugged Brandon as tight as I could.

Anna Stone
Congratulations Brandon. I'm so happy for both of you.

Brandon Macdonald
Thanks Anna, that means a lot.

Brandon leaned over into my ear and started whispering something so that nobody could hear.

Brandon Macdonald
Are you going to tell me what's going on?

I froze. He knew. But…how? As if he read my mind, I got my answer

Brandon Macdonald
Come on, you didn't think I noticed both you and Gianni looking around the church constantly? And unless you gained some robotic body parts, you've got something strapped under your dress here.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. There was nothing for me to say. I tried so hard not to ruin Brandon's wedding, but apparently that didn't work.

Brandon Macdonald
Don't worry, I'm not going to tell anyone anything. I just want to know. Are the two of you possibly in danger?

I nodded my head slowly.

Brandon Macdonald
Ok, thats all I wanted to hear. Don't worry Anna, I'll get this under control

He released me from the hug and smiled at me.

Brandon Macdonald
Thanks again for coming Anna, you made this day all the more special

In more ways than one I feared.

Anna Stone
You're welcome I guess

Brandon turned and walked over to where Shark and Jason and others were sitting and began talking to them.I looked over at Karly, who was still busy with her other girlfriends. I decided now was the best time. I walked out of the dressing room and into the reception hall, where I found Gianni sitting alone at a table. I sat down beside him

Anna Stone
Anything out of the ordinary?

Gianni Giordano
Not anything that I've seen. I don't recognize any faces, but that doesn't surprise me. They'd be fools to send people that I recognized to try to kill me. But even so, are you ready? You never know what could happen.

Anna Stone
Yeah. Brandon knows.

Gianni Giordano
He does? How?

Anna Stone
He said he saw us looking around, and he also felt the guns under my dress. He's former special ops remember? He doesn't miss things like this. But he said not to worry and that he'd handle it.

Gianni Giordano
Still, I can't take that chance. We have to be ready.

I watched as everyone began to file into the banquet hall. Everyone took their seats as we waited. Finally, the DJ announced Brandon and Karly, who made their way to their seats. We all clapped and cheered for them, as they blushed and thanked us. When everyone was done sitting, the DJ called Karly's father up to the stage.

Mr. Zedic
Thanks everyone for being here today, on such a wonderful day. I'm so glad that we can enjoy it here with all of you. Its my honour to give the first speech of the night, so here I go.

Mr. Zedic
When I first found out my daughter was seeing Brandon Macdonald, I was angry. Not because my daughter was dating again, which is every father's worst nightmare. Not even because she was dating someone who was seven years older than her. No, it was because of who she was dating. Brandon Macdonald. I had heard so much about him, not just from Karly, but from everyone. And this is what I gathered from him. He was a big-headed, rich, pretty boy lady killer. He slept around, he dated something like 5 girls in the span of 3 months, he was open about his sex life, he just was not good material. He was every father's worst nightmare.

The crowd all laughed. I laughed too. It was so true though. To someone looking at Brandon from the outside, that was how he seemed. But if you really got to know him, he was actually a really sweet guy

Mr. Zedic
So I made that clear to her. I forbade her to date him. I told her that he was a bad influence and that she should look elsewhere for men. But of course she didn't listen. What girl would? Especially one like Karly. She's already been through so much in her life. I realize now that I should have let her make her own decision. You know me, as a father, I always think that my daughter is a little girl and that I need to protect her. But Karly, looking at you now, I can see how much you've grown up. I'm a grandfather for crying out loud. And Shawn is such a great kid, and you've raised him so well. You're a grown woman, and I should have treated you that way. Its not my place to tell you who to date, or what to do with your life. You've earned the right to make those choices on your own.

That was so sweet. It takes a big man to admit their mistakes, and I could tell that Mr. Zedic was one. He truly loved his daughter, and I knew that she would forgive him.

Mr. Zedic
But still, I hated the idea of my little girl dating THE Brandon Macdonald. I thought that it could only lead to heartbreak for her. But then something happened. Something that I'd hoped would never happen, but looking back, I'm so glad it did. I met Brandon Macdonald in person. Of course, I only knew him from the stories I'd heard. So I expected arrogance, but what I saw instead, was compassion. I saw love for my daughter. And I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Here was the man that I had heard so many negative things about, the man that was seven years old than my daughter, and he acted like a gentleman in the best of ways. You could tell right away that he was truly in love with her. So I got to talking to him. I don't think Brandon's told anyone this, but when we first talked alone, I told him straight up that I did not approve of him dating my daughter. But, I did give him the opportunity to change that. And boy did he ever. In the many times that I saw him, or heard about him, it was all good things. I was shocked. I learned that he was nothing like he was made out to be. A kind gentle, loving person, who wanted nothing more than the love of my daughter.

That was more like the Brandon that I knew

Mr. Zedic
And so, when she told me that they were going to get married, well, I still had my reservations. What father doesn't? But I was confident that she had picked the right man. That Brandon Macdonald was the one for my daughter. And so I gave her my approval. Even though I knew that she wouldn't listen to me regardless.

That was Karly for you.

Mr. Zedic
But today, I am so ecstatic for the two of you. I've watched you grow up from the day you were born Karly. I've been there for all of your tough times. But today, I'm so blessed, we're all so blessed, to be here in your most happiest moment. As sad as it is to see you go, I know that Brandon is the right man for you. And I'm so happy that you didn't listen to me when I told you not to see him. Because now I see that he offers you the same thing that you offer him. Love. And that's the most important thing you need when you're about to embark on this journey. Karly, you've made me the proudest a father could ever be, and I know that you and Brandon were meant for each other. I ask that everyone here join me in congratulating Brandon and Karly, and wishing them the best in their upcoming long and happy marriage.
Back to top Go down
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian   Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm

What Have You Earned? NOTHING!

Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian Disclaimer

Stygian sits at his table at the IWF Fan Expo leading up to From the Ashes. His table is right off the main stage. Behind his table is a huge blown up version of one of his posters, with him in his old ring gear and the IWF championship belt on his shoulder, and the girls peeking out from behind him in front of a cascading wall of fire. Stygian and the girls sit at the table as a dwindling line of fans gets autographs, some take pictures. Stygian is dressed in a red From the Ashes II promo shirt and blue jeans. Lilith is dressed in a stylistically cut and re-stitched Star Destroyer t-shirt that clings to her like a second skin, and a black denim mini-skirt. Lilah is dressed in a red Chicago Bulls jersey (#23, Jordan) way too big for her, that’s been taken in in all of the right placed and turned into a mini-dress, the way Mariah Carey’s had been done at the 2003 All-Star game for MJ’s retirement. As the last fans, a group of high-school aged boys, present t-shirts for the trio to sign, and lean over to take a picture, an IWF security guard comes and points them towards the doors. Heather Thompson takes to the stage and announces that the IWF Fan Expo is over, and will the guests please make their way towards the exits. Stygian sighs, leans back in his roller chair and puts his feet on the table.

Stygian: Jesus that was intense.

Lilith: It seems to me like you hate this part of the business.

Stygian: I do.

Lilah: You’ve never have really gone out of your way to embrace the fans.

Stygian: That’s not it.

Lilith: Then what is it?

Stygian: Sitting in the same spot for five hours.

Lilith: Yeah, I feel you.

Lilah: Totally.

The girls stand up and stretch. Lilah puts her hands on her hips and bends her upper-body in all four directions. Lilith bends down and touches her toes, then stands and bends backwards, a loud series of cracks rings out.

Stygian: Damn, are you alright?

Lilith: God! There it is. That’s almost orgasmic.

Lilah: Sounded like you broke your back.

Lilith: Nope, exact opposite.

Lilith sinks back into her chair and folds her arms up behind her head. She crosses her ankles on the table. Lilah turns and leans on her ass against the table,

Lilith: I really like that dress.

Lilah: Chuck Matthews gave me the idea a couple weeks ago. He said it’d go over with the Chicago fans really well.

Lilith: It did with Mariah Carey wore it. It’s on that Chicago Bulls tribute from that pizzeria we went to last night.

Lilah: It’s very tight.

Stygian: In all the right places.

Lilith: That was probably done on purpose.

Lilah: Damn right it is, I breathed out and held my breath while she was doing the measurements.

Lilith: Just like I taught you!

Lilah: Yep!

Lilith: I’m so proud.

Lilah: I thought you would be.

Stygian: You realize that the two of you primarily are employed to be eye candy for the fans.

Lilith: Of course.

Lilah: Duh…

Stygian: You could have told the seamstress to make it two sizes too small and she would have.

Lilith: Jason, Lilah has finally mastered one of my many tricks, do not trivialize this accomplishment.

Lilah: Yeah…all that stuff she said!

Stygian: Far be it for me to trivialize a milestone in Lilah’s path to the dark side.

Lilah: If you two only knew…

Stygian: Oh really.

Lilith: Jason, we talked about this.

Stygian: Did we?

Lilith gives her husband a knowing look, and he nods.

Stygian: So we did.

Lilith: A lady has to have her secrets after all.

Lilah: It’s part of the mystery of woman.

Stygian: “Mystery of woman”? Is that a Dr. Ruth book?

Lilith: If it’s not, it should be.

Lilah: Or like, a cheesy mystery novel.

Lilith: Either or.

Lilah: So what is the mystery of Anna Stone?

Lilith: Bet you thought you had that one solved.

Lilah: All that stuff about her still wanting Brandon.

Lilith: Not only did she attend his wedding, she was the maid of honor.

Stygian: And do you think that makes me wrong?

Lilah: It doesn’t?

Lilith: Sun Tzu.

Lilah: What does the Chinese restaurant in Englewood have to do with Anna Stone.

Stygian: Sun Tzu, Chinese general, wrote The Art of War. he said, amongst other things, “keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.”

Lilah: Do you really think she challenged you to try and prove something to Brandon?

Stygian: Not only that, but I think she only got away with it because she’s still banging him.

Lilah: Yeah, but he married Karly.

Lilith: How do you know?

Lilah: You guys never check your IWF email accounts, do you?

Lilith: Never.

Stygian: Not since Shark sent around that god awful thing. What was it called?

Lilith: Blue waffle.

Stygian: Yeah, that…never check IWF Email ever again. I deliberately banged my head against the keyboard when I set up a new password.

Lilah: How do you guys keep up with where we’re supposed to go, what we’re supposed to do, where our flights leave from and stuff? What if an important memo comes down?

Stygian: I figure if it’s that important, they’ll find me.

Lilah: What about that new lady running things?

Stygian: Oh, yeah, what’s her name?

Lilith: Isabella something.

Stygian: Isabella, Lya, Pinta, Nina, Santa Maria…

Lilith: …Juan, Sanchez, Villia-Lobo…

Stygian: …Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga…

Lilah: Make all the jokes you guys want, that woman is on a mission.

Stygian: I’ve dealt with crusading executives before. I pretty much just ignore them and do whatever the hell I want to do. That’s what I’ll do with Isabella Lya Sanchez and the IWF Board of Directors. Whoever the new Chairman of the Board is? Guess what. Fucks given: zero.

Lilith: Besides, what does this do with Brandon Macdonald and Karly Zedic getting married?

Lilah: Nothing.

Lilith: Then why the hell did you bring her up?

Lilah: I was just talking about the company email. And on the company email, there are about a billion pictures and a hundred videos of the wedding in Vegas floating around. Face it, you were wrong, Anna doesn’t want Brandon back.

Stygian: I am sure she will say so.

Lilah: Hello, she was at the wedding.

Lilith: And nobody’s ever been at the wedding of someone they wanted for themselves when they were marrying someone else.

Stygian: There’s 25% of all romantic comedies ever made.

Lilith: And certainly nobody’s ever stood by while their friend makes off with the person they love.

Stygian: Another 17%.

Lilith: And nobody has ever loved someone while they’re married to someone else and waited for the right moment to step in and pull them apart.

Stygian: That’s most of Julia Roberts’ career.

Lilith: And John Cusack’s.

Stygian: And America’s Sweethearts would be the cherry on top of that sundae!

Lilith: Because Julia Roberts and John Cusack are both in that one.

Lilah: I know. I still don’t see how you get off on saying Anna still wants Brandon.

Stygian: Still wants him and still has him. She just isn’t the girl in the spotlight. The elements are too perfect. And also? Would you rather fuck something that has squirted out James Shark’s demon spawn, or Anna Stone?

Lilith: Neither are my type.

Stygian: Mine either. I prefer…

Lilat grabs her boobs and jiggles them, cutting Stygian off.

Lilah: We know, Jase.

Stygian: But, if my options were something Shark’s dick had been in, or Anna, I’d take Anna. Besides, my bet isn’t that Brandon wants her. He just fucks her and uses his job to get her preferential treatment. The crux of my theory is that she still wants him. And no amount of biting her tongue at his wedding can make that go away.

Lilah: You really think that’s why she’s fighting you?

Stygian: Not only do I think that’s why she’s doing it, I think it’s why she was able to turn down a World Heavyweight Title match to come after me. I can just see it now. He finishes plowing her, flops off to the side, she rolls over and starts running her hands over his chest. “Brandie…”

Lilith: Brandie…haha nice.

Stygian: “…I know I’m supposed to fight Chad Mason, but you know what the bigger match would be? If I could beat Stygian, that’d be so much bigger than beatinc Chad Mason for the title.”

Lilith: Well, it would.

Stygian: Of course it would. But how does she get to buck tradition and get away with it? If you look at Anna Stone’s career, all the way back to NLWF, it’s nothing but a pattern of Anna Stone getting preferential treatment because she was fucking Brandon Macdonald. That isn’t the exception…that’s the rule.

Lilah: Is it? I haven’t really looked it up.

Lilith: You can bet Jason has.

Stygian nods, and reaches under the table to snag a Diet Pepsi from a cooler resting there. He cracks it open and drinks some of it down, before setting the can on the floor nxt to his chair. He sighs and looks into the camera.

Stygian: It’s not often a reporter can ask me a question that I haven’t asked myself a hundred times. I pride myself on been three moves ahead. It’s how I prepare for the world. Unlike most of you, I actually have to match wits with a mastermind. I’ve had one of the devious minds in the history of the sport stalking me for over a year now. A man who fancies himself Batman to my Superman. A man who tries to play Moriarty. A man smarter than Chuck Matthews, more violent than Corey Casey and better than Brandon Macdonlad…a man who has been trying to get me in the ring for over a year now. I have been hunted by a man who took in, trained and built a beautiful young woman into this business for no other purpose than to get her into the ring with me so he could bash my skull in—with the same bat he gave me for Christmas that I used to bounce Corey Casey off the Hellzone and break his back—and try to end my career. You people are scrambling to beat Chad Mason like it’s something hard to do. I’ve had real predators chase me down. So I make it a point to be three steps ahead of anyone who might come across me anywhere. The wrestlers in the ring, the reporters out of it…everyone.

Stygian: So it was a surprise to me when a reporter from PWI, covering all this build up and spectacle associated with IWF rolling out its purported “biggest event of the year”, managed to slip a question to me I’d never considered for myself.

Lilith: What was it?

Stygian: “Why wrestling?”

Lilah: Like, why do you wrestle?

Lilith: Pretty sure that’s what it means, yeah.

Stygian: Why do I wrestle? I had to stop and think about it. Why…do…I…wrestle? You know something? My whole life has sort of been this one charmed endeavor after another. For every bit that Brandon Macdonald tries to hold his image out as it? I actually was the stereotypical “All American Boy”. I was tall, athletic, handsome…I was a star athlete, I had the cheerleader girlfriend, I had the high grade-point average. I was in student government, I got awards for this community service and that activism endeavor…I was a second-team All-American basketball player. I was recruited by every team who’s been to the Final Four in the last 30 years. Name every major perennial college basketball power there has been…they all wanted me. I turned it down to accept a commission to the Air Force Academy. I joined up to become what is looking like the most useless job in the history of the armed forces: I was gonna be an F-22 Raptor pilot.

Lilith: I don’t see how that’s useless, lover.

Lilah: Because we’ve spent 78-billion on the damn thing and it never has, and probably never will see active combat.

Stygian: Yeah.

Lilith: I’m not even going to ask, I already know.

Lilah: The Me Paradox?

Lilith: Of course, darling.

Stygian: Of course. And even when I was heading into something that was going to mire me in obscurity. I was going to be in one of the most expensive footnotes in the history of the world. Then I grew seven inches and they reassigned me as an engineer. I wound up earning engineering degrees from one of the most revered polytechnic institutes in the world. Once I got out of the Air Force…I could have moonwalked into a six figure job anywhere in the world. High six figures. I just now started making what wrestling considers big money, and you want to know the really funny part? Not too long ago I sold a patent to Apple, and have another one being bid on by several defense companies that are going to net me more in a month than I’ll probably make if I stay in this business 30 years. So when I think about that…I look at my life…two beautiful women, a big house on the big side of town, a small fleet of vanity cars I’ve bought and built into every movie and TV car I grew up lusting after…hell I just restored an ’85 Vandura into the A-Team van. I spent more money fixing up the van than it was actually worth NEW! So when I look at my life, and I realize I really don’t much need wrestling, that question the guy from PWI asked? It really struck home. Why wrestling? Let me tell you why.

Lilith: With a gratuitous amount of sarcastic enthusiasm. Oh, tell us!

Lilah: Don’t be a bitch, Lil.

Lilith: Well sometimes he wanders around and around the point for twenty minutes without even coming close to it.

Lilah: You like it when he’s doing it with his tongue.

Lilith looks first to Lilah, then to Stygian and shrugs.

Lilith: …guilty.

Lilah: Then shut up and let the man talk.

Lilith: Fine. Stygian, why do you wrestle? Regale us with the earth-shattering answer!

Stygian: You couldn’t help but put that little bit of bitchy into it, could you?

Lilith: Of course not.

Lilah: Just tell them why you wrestle, before we go another ten rounds on this…

Stygian: Why do I wrestle?

Lilith: That’s the answer we’ve been trying to get around to.

Stygian: If you’d quit interrupting me…

Lilith: Well you keep coming back to that.

Stygian: I’m trying to build it into a sweeping, grandiose statement. A declaration, a mission statement. Like a platform or something suitably impressive. And you keep cutting me off at the knees.

Lilah: Oh, for Chrissakes.

Lilah slips around Stygian and behind Lilith, clamping her hand over the blonde’s mouth.

Lilah: GO! Hey, no tickling…

Stygian: Why do I wrestle? Because it’s the only thing I’ve ever had to work at in my life.

Lilah: Finally! OW!

Lilah takes her hand off of Lilith’s mouth rather suddenly, and comes away holding her left boob.

Lilah: I think you ripped my nipple off.

Lilith: I fight dirty!

Lilah: Yeah but that was a little severe.

Lilah turns her back to the camera and pulls the neckline of her jersey dress out.

Lilah: Well at least it’s not bleeding.

Lilith: The night’s young.

Stygian shakes his head and takes another swallow of his Diet Pepsi. He sets the can down as Lilah drops back into her chair, still rubbing her boob.

Stygian: I was saying…I wrestle because it’s the only thing in my life I’ve ever had to work at. Everything else in my life? I’ve lived this charmed life. I had the Midas Touch all through my life.

Lilah: Like, the guys who fix mufflers?

Lilith: How can you know the cost of the F-22 and not know the fable of King Midas?

Stygian: You’ve forgotten the first half of Lilah’s Paradox.

Lilith: Right…Lilah doesn’t know anything unless she knows everything.

Stygian: Basketball, school, the Air Force, my quirky little inventions I come up with fucking around the house? They all came to me easily. They all came to me without effort. But wrestling? Wrestling has been hard. I’ve never had to work harder for anything in my life than I have to become an elite professional wrestler. This is the only part of my life that has ever challenged me. I have had to bust my ass to get to where I am. I’ve had to work to learn this business. I’ve had to fight to make any progress. I’m constantly working to evolve and take the next step in the ring. Even now, as I sit here and am widely considered the best wrestler in the world? I work to improve myself. I’m busting my ass training with a wrestling legend, a kickboxing legend and a sumo wrestling legend to add new wrinkles to my game, to improve myself. I’ve never had anything handed to me in this fucking sport ever. EVER. Everything I’ve gotten in this business? I’ve gotten through work. I’ve either busted my ass to get what I want, or I’ve beaten down whoever had what I wanted, put my foot in their throat and torn it out of their cold, dead hands; the way I took the World Title from your hero.

Stygian: When I started in this business I was wrestling for what felt like tab
Scraps in sweatboxes all up and down the California Coast. I made less for working the event than I did for bouncing at the bar across the street from the arena after the show. Bouncing with ice bags taped to my shoulders or my knees. With my arms taped up, or with 17 fresh stitches in my forehead. Bouncing when I could barely walk because I wasn’t making enough in the ring to afford things like eating every day and sleeping in something that wasn’t my car. Yeah, I was in my 20’s and now that I have the financial security that I don’t have to worry…I can look back on it and laugh. I can say it was fun in a Wooderson from Dazed and Confused kind of way. And yeah, I could have pulled the plug any time. I could have shaved, cut my hair, put on a suit and gone to work at just about any defense contractor in the world. But do you know why I stuck with it? Because the triumph was its own reward. The rewards were small at first. At first it was a triumph to get through the night without embarrassing or injuring myself. Then winning a match was my major triumph. After that? Winning more than one of them. Soon I graduated to stringing wins together. Then I moved up to winning a title. A real title! It was a belt they’d bought cheap from some other company that had closed a few years before and had to scrape their name off the belt. The damn thing was more tarnished than the SMU football program in 1987. It reaked of cigarette smoke, sweat and old beer that had been spilled on it when everyone and their dog was running the beer-swilling brawler schtick, but you know what? It was mine! It was my belt. I’d busted my ass for it. I’d spilled blood for it. I’d spilled my blood to claim it. I had to work, to fight, to struggle for it!

Stygian: That’s why whenever someone walks into this sport and is just handed something. I resent it. I resent that guys who washed out of more mainstream combat sports are awarded high-profile matches at the top of the card just because they deign to get into a wrestling ring. James Shark, who’s drinking, drug and women problems made him an unreliable hire in boxing or MMA? Who’s been in and out of jail more times that I’ve been in and out of my wife. Who’s constantly getting on twitter and picking fights and winding up on TMZ. James Shark was a chronic embarrassment to every sport he was ever in. James Shark was run out of every boxing promotion and MMA company he ever tried to get on in for being an unprofessional thug who couldn’t keep his naturally black ass out of jail? James Shark who was run out of IWF more than once for his antics walks into a High Impact Title match with me? James Shark who keeps walking back into professional wrestling and is handed title shots and contracts. Not because he’s earned them. Because he used to be marginally famous in other sports? It’s insulting to guys like me.

Stygian: Or Cody Taylor. Another guy who couldn’t make it in Mixed Martial Arts. Cody Taylor seems to think he was this great fighter. He seems to think he’s some kind of MMA Superstar. Hell this guy’s so full of shit he claims to have beaten Alistair Overeem on the card Overeem got thrown off of for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs. Hell Overeem can’t even apply for reinstatement for another three months, and Cody fought him at UFC 146? Dana White let a guy who supposedly brushed him off to wrestle, fight a guy who was suspended? Dana White hates pro wrestling. He won’t have anything to do with it after Tito moonlighted a few matches back in the middle of the last decade. I realize everyone says “oh, it’s just a wrestling storyline” but try to make some fucking sense, Cody! Hell Cody’s so dumb that he can’t figure out that his wife gave birth to “Cody Jr.” less than seven months after the first time he put his dick in her. This guy wasn’t even an MMA “star” on the level of professional fuck-up James Shark and he walks into IWF and gets title shots against Robbie Hart. Gets shit handed to him because he told on hell of a lie. And how did he pan out? He killed Robbie Hart’s unborn kids, fell in so thick with James Shark that when James embarrassed this company…again, and got fired…again, who was with him? Who was his copilot when James went down in flames? Yeah, handing those two the keys to the fucking kingdom because they were bullshit artists in two other sports…that was fucking brilliant.

Stygian: Or Brandon Macdonald, your hero and knight in Shining Armor, Anna. Walks into NLWF and gets handed belts, hell at one time he had six of them. And why? Because he had a marginally successful MMA Career. He fought and beat a bunch of washed-up guys who didn’t know when to quit like Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz. He beat Lyoto Machida? Oh wow. Once people figured out to quit chasing him around like the Coyote and knock him the fuck out, he suddenly wasn’t so tough anymore. Dude’s lost three of his last five, beat a washed-up Couture, another one of your supposed trainers, and turned down a shot at Bones because he’s scared Jonny boy will fuck him up again. Yeah, Brandon Macdonald was a great MMA champion the way the Houston Rockets were great NBA champions; by doing it when the talent was weak and most of the significant contenders were old. Yet Brandon Macdonald walks into NLWF and gets handed whatever he wants on a silver platter because he used to be famous in another sport. And as long as Brandon was the unequivocal king of whatever company he was in? Life was good, wasn’t it? Six titles in NLWF? GREAT! Hiring thugs to mug Robbie Hart for the IWF title? Fantastic! But the first time Brandon looks across that ring at a force of destruction he can’t even begin to fathom how to beat? Stygian points to himself. Suddenly the New England Patriots practice squad is looking mighty good.

Stygian: I’ve never embarrassed any company I’ve ever been in. yeah, the girls and I, we like to push the envelope. We’ve gotten a few angry letters from censorship advocacy groups. We’re blacklisted by every church and family group in every English-speaking country in the world. We’ve gotten some sternly-worded warnings from the FCC. You know where you’ve never seen me? You’ve never seen me on some chemical on TMZ at 3am spewing homophobic epithets or racial slurs. You’ve never seen my mug shot plastered all over the dirt sheets…not for anything I actually did. There was that bullshit about me allegedly killing Dan Alexander. I’ve never run from a fight. I’ve never embarrassed the company. I’ve never showed up chemically impaired. I’ve never been unsafe to work with or unfit to wrestle. I never took a payoff from the father of unborn children to tag my pregnant fiancée in the stomach and abort those kids. And yet all the guys who have done all those things? They’re the ones who were handed everything. Hell I hear Cody Taylor was in line for a title shot before he shot himself in the foot. Jesus Christ. Keys to the kingdom and he never had to earn them! It’s bad enough Robbie wasn’t fired on the spot, but instead handed Cody Taylor a $20 and a coat hanger and told him to go to work and got a title shot out of it…but you were going to give Cody Taylor a title shot?

Stygian: All of the wrong virtues and values are getting rewarded around here. I’ve had one of the most dominant summers anyone has ever had. I spend the biggest show of the year indulging a little girl who never got over her crush. Meanwhile all of the manipulative, lying, scheming and underhanded fucks get all the glory? Robbie Hart paid a man to kill his unborn kids, how does he still have a job? Chad Mason got a gang together and tried to end the careers of James Shark, Jason Hawk, Chuck Matthews, and this guy someone got a world title match. People being handed things they didn’t earn. That seems to be what’s pissing me off lately Anna. And you? How are you any different?

Stygian: I’ll give you this much, you’ve won your matches. You’ve done that much. Of course you’re banging a guy who everyone everywhere stops just short of calling a mobster. The kind of guy like that, if he and his family weren’t so good at hiding bodies, would be in a small windowless cage for eternity. We all know what he is, none of us can prove it. And when you’re not blowing Brandon for favorable booking, your dropping your panties on Tony Soprano’s floor. But hey, you’ve won your matches! You tend to show up to work whenever you feel like it, so the number of matches you’ve won totals…about eight. But you’ve won them! And you just happened to get one of the latest draws in Path To Valhalla and win that. And somehow you managed to turn down a world title match because you thought there was a bigger payday in facing me.

Lilah: There probably is…

Stygian: But what right does she have to tell IWF Rules to go fuck themselves. What has she done to earn that right? Death Angel maybe has the right. Johnny Styles might have that right. Tell me where Anna Stone gets off?

Lilith: On Brandon Macdonald.

Lilah: And Tony Soprano, don’t forget that one!

Lilith: There’s an image I will never get out of my head.

Lilah: I know. Guy was a lousy football coach, why would Anna bang him?

Lilith: Huh?

Stygian: I think Lilah is confusing Tony Soprano with Tony Sporano.

Lilah: Which one hangs out with Tim Tebow now?

Stygian: Sporano.

Lilah: And which one is the fat mob guy form HBO?

Stygian: Soprano.

Lilah: And which on is Anna fucking?

Stygian: The fat mob guy.

Lilah: That’s even worse. I think I just threw up a little in my mouth. I mean, at least if she was getting a shot at Tebow…

Lilith: What is it with you and Tim Tebow? Ever since we signed those cheerleading uniforms and Playboy covers for his charity back in Denver…

Lilah: Hey…dude’s cut. A girl can look. He was into me!

Lilith: He was transfixed by your gigantic jugs, same as he was mine. That doesn’t mean he was in to us, it means he’s human.

Lilah: Oh…

Stygian: You’ve never paid for a damn thing in this business Anna. Don’t try to lie and make up the hardships you suffered trying to break in, because you never had them. It’s a matter of public record. You started broadcasting, you met up with Brandon, you got pulled right into NLWF. Then you ended up commissioner of another promotion, and conveniently won its tag titles! That there tells me all I need to know about how you feel about abusing the power of a commissionership to your own personal gain. From there you springboard into Brandon’s talk-show, another reward he gained from being marginally famous, and not because he deserved it, and into your IWF career. And that has led you here.

Stygian: You don’t know suffering. Maybe in your personal life. I understand you went into deep depression because Brandon left you. And you worked at Tim Horton’s while you moped, whatever that is.

Lilah: It’s like a Canadian Dunkin’ Doughnuts, only it’s owned by a hockey player.

Lilith: I told you she’d know.

Stygian: Of course she does. Anyway, Anna, you don’t know anything about suffering, sacrificing or working in this business; because you’ve never had to. You decided to dip your toe in, and got brought into what was a major promotion before Nick Ridicule grabbed the wheel and steered it into a telephone pole. You got handed a spot in NLWF and you got it for the worst reason of any of these people who’ve been handed things they don’t deserve. At least Brandon, James and Cody had professional fights before they got handed the keys to the kingdom. You got in? You got in because you were fucking someone. You’re no better than Alison Williams or Ashley Matthews. You rode a dick into the sport. You never wrestled four nights a week, then went to work without sleep the next day, in complete pain because you still had bills to pay. You’ve never been in a high-school gym or a bingo hall. You’ve never been at a state fair so close to the livestock that it was all you could do not to puke from the smell. You never piled into a car with five other guys all over six feet and two fifty because it was the only way you could afford to drive to the show! You’ve never sprinted in and out of the shower because it was so cold you were in danger of frostbite. That’s what most of us who weren’t fucking our way into NLWF had to do.

Lilah: If we’re boing fair, I only got into wrestling because I was sleeping with the two of you.

Lilith: That’s not entirely true.

Stygian: Yeah, Tina and I were signing with UECW and Mike wanted another valet for me cause that’s what he’d seen in Japan.

Lilith: Then he saw you and said “HOLY SHIT TAKE A LOOK AT THOSE!”

Stygian: Almost literally!

Lilith: You were at breakfast with us that morning because you slept with us, but you got signed on your own…ahem…”merits”.

Lilah does her customary “grab and jiggle” maneuver yet again.

Lilah: My “merits”. I’ve never called them that before.

Stygian: Still, getting hired to stand there and look pretty because you’ve got nice funbags is nothing new. Anna skipped years and years of paying dues because of who she was in bed with.

Lilith: Well that is the traditional way it’s done…

Stygian: You know, Anna? In a way? It's nice to be against somebody who's just being handed things and then being the final boss. You’ve spent your IWF career just marching in and getting to cherry-pick what days you show up. You decide when you actually want to be motivated to come in and work. And for the longest time, that’s worked for you. You want to rest up for Path To Valhalla? “Brandie, can I have a couple weeks off?” Sure, now open your mouth. Booked in battle grounds two weeks ago? “Brandie, I have that match you let me bully my way into with the Star Destroyer, make someone else do it.” Sure, now open your mouth. “Brandie, you’re getting married tomorrow, but I won’t tell Karly about us.” Good girl, open your mouth.

Stygian: There is no half-assing it with me. Because wether you believe what you said the night you challenged me or not? It’s true. I’m the biggest star in this company. I’m the measuring stick. I’m the champion whenever I want to be. Everyone knows it. It doesn’t matter when I finally decide to go after it again. When I want to? I will do to whoever it is what I did to Brandon Macdonald. I will walk down to that ring, put my foot down the IWF Champion’s throat, and take that title…again. I don’t care if it’s still Chad Mason. I don’t care if it’s Robbie Hart. I don’t care if it’s Death Angel himself. I will destroy whoever it is. I’m good enough to do it anytime I want. I can walk into any company anywhere in the world and beat their world champion. If that doesn’t make me the best in the world, I don’t know what will. Maybe after this contract with IWF is up, I’ll just go start doing it. Maybe I’ll take a bunch of one-month payouts and challenge every world champion in the world one-by-one. CWF, WEW, ASWF, UECW, SCW…I’ll just do a tour.

Stygian: And I’d do it because I can. Whatever motivations you had for making this challenge, and I think I nailed them, but even if I didn’t? It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter why you want this match. The sad truth is? I don’t care. What matters now is that you’re locked into it. Unless you drop down in front of our esteemed newlywed commissioner and suck start him like a leaf-blower? You’re locked into this match with me. I don’t need to know why you’re doing it to demolish you. I don’t need any of that bullshit to understand you, because I don’t need to understand you. My weapons are many and varied. And against you, my weapon isn’t psychology. I showed you I don’t need it. I could strip down to my Jockeys and beat you. You know it to be true. You know it’s not the image you have to fear, it’s the man. I don’t need to dissect you. That isn’t the approach. That isn’t my game plan. Sometimes I need to dissect an opponent to beat them. Not so with you. Sometimes motivation is sufficient enough to provide the edge I need. Usually it takes some momentous match. Usually a world title match, or a match with a legendary opponent. But the motivation, the only motivation I need, Anna Stone? Is how utterly sick you’ve made me. You used your pussy to get into this business, and all kidding aside, maybe you aren’t still fucking him…but you’ve used your relationship with Brandon Macdonald, the commissioner of this company to get what you want. I schlepped up and down California. I learned to work crowds and perform in big spots, win tough matches in Japan. I’ve slept on concrete floors, eaten uncooked Ramen, stitched up my own bloody gashes. I’ve been blown up by C4, flayed to the bone with barbwire, had my wife kidnapped and been buried alive. I have given everything to get where I am in this business; you’ve been given everything to get where you are. You and everyone like you? Just knowing that you didn’t work to get here, didn’t earn it…that’s enough for me. I don’t need any deep-seeded, well thought out game plan to win on Sunday. All I need is to know that you represent everything I hate in the way this business works to destroy you. You’ve been parading around here like you’ve accomplished something. You look good in a sports bra and running shorts, and you’re Brandon Macdonald’s friend, so you’ve been tolerated around here. No more. I’ve done nothing but win match after match after match, and all of the reprehensible people and the cliques have gotten the rewards? Fine. I can be reprehensible. I’ve done it before, and I can do it again, starting with what I’m going to do at From the Ashes. The last time I was in this kind of a mindset, I dedicated a series of loathsome acts to the memory of James MacDonald, every time I said “this one’s for you, James.” Well, I’m going to take out the commissioner’s childhood friend, his first love, and his wife’s maid of honor and de-facto best friend. Brandon gave you everything you’ve ever had in this sport, and I’m going to end it. Guess what? This one’s for you, Brandon.

Stygian finishes his Diet Pepsi and stands, stretching. He rolls his shoulers backwards and forwards, and they crack a few times each way. Then he crushes the can the long way in one hand, and tosses it at the screen, which goes black.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Part 2 Bitches   Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Saturday, August 25th, 2012
4:35PM
Las Vegas, Nevada

I stood up and clapped, along with everyone else in the room. Karly stood up and ran over and hugged her dad, who smiled and hugged her back. Brandon walked over to him and extended his hand. Karly's dad looked at it, laughed, and hugged Brandon, who laughed himself. Everyone continued to clap before sitting back down.

Jason Hawk stood up and walked over to the microphone. I knew that he hadn't prepared a speech. Jason was so lazy. He never wrote anything beforehand. He would always talk about how he was going to write this, or write that. But when it came time to do it, he just never did.

Jason Hawk
Now when I was told that I was going to be Brandon's best man, I wasn't told that I needed to make a speech. So needless to say, this will be short and sweet. Brandon and Karly, you're the perfect couple. Congratulations on your marriage.

Jason went and sat back down. I shoved my hand into my face. There was bad speeches, and then there was that. Come on Jason, you can do better than that, can't you?

I stood up. I wasn't going to let Jason ruin things like that. I stood up and walked over to the microphone. People were looking at me, but I didn't care. I wanted a proper speech for Brandon and Karly's wedding.

Anna Stone
Wow, thanks for that Jason. Next time you should shorten it up though, I think it was just a bit too long and heartfelt. Anyways, I thought I better get up here and save this a bit.

The people in the hall started to laugh. I grinned.

Anna Stone
I'm not sure if any of you know who I am. Well, at least half of you. I know Brandon's side of the family knows who I am. But to Karly's side, my name is Anna Stone, one of Karly's best friends, and I'm Brandon's first wife. I know, I know, that sounds bad. But really, I promise you, it's not. See, I know Brandon better than anyone in the world. Sorry Karly, but it's true.

Anna Stone
Brandon and I first started dating when we were 14 years old. We had a great high school relationship, and then we went out separate ways for almost a decade. But then we met up again, and decided to rekindle this relationship that we had ended rather unceremoniously. In hindsight, this was a bad idea. We both had changed so much, that a friendship was more appropriate for the two of us. But instead, we married each other, and suffered through nearly a year together. It was a tough year, but I don't blame Brandon. We just weren't meant to be together. You know when you get that feeling, that you're meant to be with someone? Brandon and I never got that from each other. We both started cheating on each other, which was probably not the right thing to do. But we did it, and eventually, no, finally and mercifully, we split up.

Anna Stone
After a rocky beginning, we began our new life as friends. And it couldn't have been better. I was right when I said we were meant to be friends. But I watched as Brandon desperately tried to find the right woman. That's why people seem to think that Brandon such a lady-killer. Yes he was in a lot of relationships that didn't work, but that's only because he was desperately trying to find Mrs. Macdonald. And those other girls? They weren't the right ones. But then he got to Karly. And instantly, I knew.

Anna Stone
The first date he had with her, I had never seen him so nervous in my life. And believe me, I've seen Brandon in some pretty nerve-racking situations. But he was so nervous, sweating so hard, he almost didn't even want to go on the date! And I knew the reason he was so nervous. It was because he so badly wanted the date to go well. He was so worried that he'd embarrass himself and the date would go south and then he'd never get another chance with Karly again. It was at that moment that I really understood his love for Karly. He had finally found the girl that he had been looking for all of those times. He may have ruined his public image doing it, but he didn't care. All he cared about was Karly.

Anna Stone
Ladies and gentlemen, as a friend, you're always happy when that good friend of yours goes through something as happy as marriage. Well Brandon is that one good friend. And I've never been happier for him. This is one marriage that I guarantee will last a lifetime. The people in it are so full of love for each other, there is just no way that they could ever separate. That's not my opinion, that's just a fact. If you get to know both of them, it's so obvious. And so, I ask all of you, to please, applaud this couple. Give them your congratulations, tell them how proud you are of them. I know I am, and I know each one of us agrees.

I walked away from the microphone as the room clapped for me. I looked over at Brandon and Karly, who both mouthed a thank you towards me. I smiled at them and sat back down with Gianni.

Gianni Giordano
That was pretty good.

Anna Stone
Not bad for all made up on the spot eh?

Gianni Giordano
No, it was actually good.

Anna Stone
Thanks!

I sat there waiting for the waiters to serve us food. Just thinking about everything. So far the wedding had gone amazingly. Everyone was having a good time, and Brandon and Karly were happy. That was the only thing that mattered. This wedding was going perfectly.

I looked around at everyone getting ready to eat. The waiters had just brought out food, and now everyone was starting to dig in. I watched as the waiters all walked over to the opposite side of the room and stood facing us. It looked a bit odd to me, usually they'd go back to the kitchen. By the time I realized what was about to happen, Gianni had already started to flip the table on it's side.

Gianni Giordano
Everybody get down!

Gunshots rang out from all around the hall, followed by the screams of the hundreds of people in the hall. I hit the ground as fast as I could, Gianni diving on top of me. He reached into his suit and pulled out a handgun, and quickly pulled out a clip. I reached into my dress and pulled out the submachine gun that I had, loading it up with a clip before crawling on the ground. I could hear bullets flying above me. I was so scared. Any one of these bullets could get lower and hit me, killing me before I even knew what was happening. I looked back at Gianni, who was crawling towards an opening in the table.

I finally made it to an opening, and looked across the room. The waiters were all spreading out now, firing towards the tables where we were. I looked back at Gianni, who quickly popped up and fired a few shots at one of the waiters. He dropped to the ground dead. It was like I was in a movie, only this was real. I pulled out my gun and aimed it at the waiters. I could hardly breathe, and so I just closed my eyes and pulled the trigger. I held it for as long as I could, swinging it back and forth, until my clip had emptied. I finally opened just one eye. There were a few less waiters now, but they were beginning to spread out.

I kept crawling, trying to cover my ears from the sounds of the screams, gunshots, shell casings hitting the floor, everything. It was all so real, but I still could hardly believe it. I started remembering all these things that had happened in my life. So this is what it felt like to have your life flash before your eyes.

I looked back at Gianni, who was bobbing up and down from behind the table, shooting at the general direction of the waiters. I tried to pull out another gun, but my hands were shaking too much to grip anything. I saw one waiter coming close to me. Oh god, if he found me, I was done for. I tried to grab a gun, but it slipped out of my hands. I reached for a clip, and tried to stick it into the gun, but I missed and bullets spilled everywhere.

Man
Well well well, look what we have here

I looked up and saw a man standing there, pointing a gun at me. This was it, everything was over. Dating a crime family member had finally caught up to me. I was crying now, I couldn't help it. Nothing you do will ever prepare you for having a gun to your face, just waiting to die. But that's what they wanted. They wanted us to be afraid of death. They wanted us to beg, to embarrass us before we died. I wasn't going to let that happen. I took a deep breath and waited for it all to be over.

I heard a gunshot, and I knew this was it. Except, nothing happened. I opened my eyes. The man above me was staring straight ahead. Blood poured out of his chest as he fell to the ground dead. I looked behind him, where Brandon was standing, holding a gun at chest level. He saved me.

Anna Stone
Oh my god! Oh my god!!

Brandon Macdonald
Anna, it's oka-

Suddenly, I screamed as Brandon's body jerked and shook with the force of at least 3 bullets. He fell to the ground, not moving.

Karly Zedic
NOOOOOOOO!

Somewhere, I heard Karly screaming. I ran over to Brandon, who was bleeding from a wound in the shoulder. He wasn't moving, his breath was faint. Everything was moving in slow motion now. I looked back at Gianni, who was now standing straight up, holding his shotgun, taking aim and firing at the remaining waiters. I watched as they all began to drop, until finally, mercifully, there was nobody left.

Silence hung over the hall. People were slowly getting to their feet, checking on each other, helping out those who were injured.

Karly Zedic
Brandon!!!!

I looked over as Karly sprinted towards us, concern on her face. She fell down beside Brandon and looked at him, tears pouring down her face.

Karly Zedic
Brandon wake up!!!

Karly was smacking Brandon's face now, trying to get him to wake up. I was crying now, but I had to stop Karly. I grabbed her and tried to hold her off of Brandon, but she shook me off. I grabbed her again, this time she put up no resistance, instead burying her head into my shoulder, bawling. I hugged her tightly. This was all my fault. Suddenly, I heard a weak voice, barely more than a whisper

Brandon Macdonald
You didn't think I'd give up that easy, did you?

We both stopped crying. We looked over at Brandon, who had moved a bit, mostly his head. Now he was looking at us, with a small grin on his face.

Karly Zedic
Brandon you asshole!

She smacked Brandon in the chest. He started to laugh, then cough and groan in pain. I looked over at Gianni, who was on his phone. I prayed he was calling some kind of medical help.

Anna Stone
G-G-Gianni's c-calling an a-a-ambulance, you're g-g-gonna b-be okay Brandon

Brandon smiled, then coughed

Brandon Macdonald
I've been through worse.

I laughed, through my tears. While that might have been true, this was just insane. I looked around the wedding hall. People were looking around, wondering what was happening. Some were on phones, others were treating injuries as best they could. It looked like a war scene.

Gianni ran over to me and picked me up, hugging me tightly and rubbing my back.

Gianni Giordano
Hey hey hey, take it easy. It's over. We're safe.

Anna Stone
T-t-they shot Brandon! We almost d-d-died!

Gianni Giordano
I know, I know. But we didn't. Brandon will live, it's just through the shoulder. I called EMS, they're on their way. Everything will be okay.

I took a deep breath. He was right. We had talked about this, we knew what could happen. We knew that people might get hurt. I needed to accept that. I took another deep breath.

Anna Stone
Ok. I'm calm.

Gianni Giordano
Good. We need to get out of here. We have to check on the house.

I looked over at Brandon, who was listening to us.

Brandon Macdonald
Go. You guys need to leave. I'll be fine here.

Anna Stone
Are you sure?

Brandon Macdonald
Yeah. Karly can take care of me, right baby?

Karly smiled through the tears streaming down her face.

Karly Zedic
Of course babe

I looked at Gianni, and together we walked out of the wedding hall. Past all of the injured people, past all of the dead bodies of the Hart Family allies. We walked out the door, hopped into our car, and drove. We said nothing as we drove, and continued to say nothing as we boarded our private helicopter. I fell asleep on the way back I think, because I just remember getting inside, and then opening my eyes and finding that we were landing a few blocks from our house in Los Angeles.

Gianni Giordano
Ok Anna, grab a gun, arm yourself, and lets get ready. You need to expect the worse, remember?

I took a deep breath.

Anna Stone
I'm ready.

I grabbed a gun from my belt and loaded it up, before following Gianni and running down the street with each other. After a few minutes, we approached the front gate of our house. It looked like it had been rammed open. We slowly walked inside, guns at the ready, looking for anything out of the ordinary. The house and yard were destroyed. I could see bodies everywhere, all dead. I covered my mouth as Gianni put his arm around my shoulders, squeezing me tightly.

We slowly opened the front door and walked inside. It was clear that nobody was here, but it was also clear that the Hart Family had been here. Bodies were lying everywhere. I recognized all of them as members of our family. That's when I remembered that Giancarlo had held a big meeting of the family today, to discuss a response to the Hart Family. Clearly, that didn't go as planned.

Anna Stone
They're…they're all dead

Gianni said nothing as he quickly walked up the stairs and towards his dad's office. I followed him, keeping a close eye out. As we made it to Giancarlo's office, we could see that it was busted open. I covered my mouth with my hand to keep me from gasping, as Gianni ran inside and saw his father slumped over his desk, blood everywhere.

Gianni Giordano
Dad!

Gianni ran over to him and lifted his head off the table. I could see that he was still alive, but barely. He looked up and saw Gianni, who tried to cover his father's wounds with his sleeves. I walked up beside them and he looked at the both of us. He grabbed Gianni's arm and pushed it away from his wounds

Giancarlo Giordano
It's no use Gianni. It's too late

Gianni Giordano
No it's not! You'll be okay!

Gianni continued trying to help his father, but this time I held him back, as Giancarlo smiled.

Giancarlo Giordano
It's too late for me Gianni. I've lived my life to my fullest. My times had come a long time ago. It's the end for me. But it's not for you. You must take over the family. We cannot lose. We can't be beaten by this little family

Gianni Giordano
They're all dead, there's no family left!

Giancarlo Giordano
The family can be remade. But it needs a leader. It must be the two of you. Not just you Gianni, but both of you. Together. Forever.

Gianni looked at me, and I smiled weakly at him.

Giancarlo Giordano
Ask her

Anna Stone
Ask me what?

Gianni looked at me for a moment. Suddenly, I knew. Gianni pulled out a ring and held it up to me.

Gianni Giordano
Anna Stone. Will you lead the rebuild of this family with me, and will you marry me?

I was crying again, but this time for a very different reason.

Anna Stone
Yes, yes yes!

Gianni smiled and hugged me. He put the ring on my finger. Giancarlo smiled from his seat and reached for a bible on the desk. He held it up, as Gianni and I both placed our hands on it as well. Giancarlo was an ordained minister, one of the many things he could do.

Giancarlo Giordano
By the power vested in me by the state of California, I know pronounce you husband and wife.

I kissed Gianni. It was a short kiss, only a few seconds, but it was the most important kiss of my entire life. I was now Anna Giordano. And I could not have been happier.

Giancarlo pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to Gianni, who signed it. He handed it to me, and I looked at it. A marriage contract. I didn't care what it said, I just signed it. Gianni helped his dad hold a pen and sign it himself. After he did that, Giancarlo slumped back in his chair.

Giancarlo Giordano
Gianni. Take good care of her.

Gianni Giordano
I will dad

Gianni was crying. This was the first time I'd ever seen him cry. I couldn't believe it.

Giancarlo Giordano
I love you Gianni. I love you so much. I'm so proud of you.

Gianni Giordano
I love you too dad.

And with that, Giancarlo took his final breath.

We stood there for a few moments. I held Gianni tightly as he looked at his father. Eventually, he reached out and closed both of Giancarlo's eyes. He composed himself and stood up to his feet. He looked at me, and I knew what we had to do.

Giancarlo Giordano
They won't expect you to fight tomorrow. But you're not going to miss that. I'll use whatever relationships I have left to amp up security at the arena. You'll fight Stygian. And then, after you win, after you celebrate in that ring, we disappear.

I nodded my head with him. I agreed with everything he said. As much as I didn't want to leave, I knew that we needed to. They would think we died, or maybe they wouldn't. But it didn't matter. We couldn't be out in the open after tomorrow. Gianni was right. We had to disappear.

Anna Giordano
We disappear

Video Recorded at unknown time. Released to media on Saturday August 25th

The video shows Anna Stone, sitting in an airplane seat, looking at the camera.

Anna Stone
People keep asking me why I did this. Why did I choose to fight Stygian at From the Ashes? Why did I not choose to fight Chad Mason, the IWF Champion? Why am I trying to end my career with a match against a man who seemingly ends careers as a living? The answer, well, it's a lot simpler than one might think. It's not because I'm trying to avenge the losses by past loves of mine. It's not because I want to take his fake title and call myself the rightful IWF champ. No, my decision is driven by the same reasoning that many of us use when explaining why we do anything. Because we can.

Anna Stone
Take a look at your life. Have you lived it cautiously, or have you ever risked everything in order to try something that you wouldn't normally do? I would guess that about 9 out of 10 people in this world have gone out on a limb at least once in their life. I'm no different. What would be the cautious route for me? Choosing to fight the IWF Champion, a man who has never proven himself to be talented for more than a few months at a time? A man who generally became famous by losing all of his matches? Or would it be safer to fight a man who's literally more than two times my size? A man who's ended careers of wrestler after wrestler, including the man who trained me? To me, it seems like a no brainer. Fighting Chad would be to take the safe route. That's not how I live my life.

Anna Stone
I'll be the first to admit that I've been a little distracted lately in my life. I've had a lot of complicated issues come up lately. All you have to do is flip on the news, and I'm sure you'll hear about them. But I haven't let any of that break my focus for this upcoming match. I've been making myself ready to take on Stygian. It's been hard, that's not a surprise to anyone. I mean, the man is the biggest man I've ever seen next to Death-Angel. And not only is he stronger than anyone I've ever faced before, but he's quicker, smarter, just all around better. I've never fought anyone close to the same skill level of Stygian. But that doesn't deter me. I chose this match. I was the rightful winner of Path to Valhalla, and that legally entitled me to the main event at From the Ashes. Something that I didn't even get, which makes no sense to me. However, nowhere in the contract does it say that I must challenge for a title. A championship means nothing to me. A piece of gold that I can hang around my waist? What good is that when everyone knows that you're truly not the greatest in your sport? Look at the IWF. Chad Mason wears the gold around his waist. But the world knows that Stygian is the greatest in the sport. The wrestlers know that Stygian is the greatest wrestler out there. Even Chad Mason knows it. What's that old expression again? To be the best, you have to beat the best? Well that's exactly what I intended to do from the start isn't it? Everyone's goal in this business is to become the best. So if Stygian is the best, then it only makes sense that I challenge him for that title. Yes Stygian has been beaten before. He is a human after all. But to do it the way I intend to, not just anyone could do that. Here we are, on the biggest stage of them all, the biggest PPV in all of the IWF, and I'm about to fight the best.

Anna Stone
I haven't been wrestling for very long, and I don't have the same kind of experience as nearly every other wrestler in this company. Many would argue that I won most of my matches on luck and lack of skilled opponents alone. I would agree partially with that. I was unfortunate to receive many weak opponents, most of which were easy to beat. However, I did not win my matches without effort. Path to Valhalla. There were 29 other wrestlers in that match, and I outlasted them all. I won that match with my own effort, and I earned my right to the main event at From the Ashes. My opponent, he's about as experienced as you can get. I must be clearly outmatched, right?

Anna Stone
Wrong. Look at me. I'm one hundred and twenty pounds. I'm a foot and a half shorter than Stygian. I'm a girl. How can he possibly go into this match without a hint of underestimation of me? This is a match that has all of the pressure on him. What's the pressure on me? If I lose, I get applauded for taking on a man, who by nature of life is many times stronger than myself, and is the best wrestler in this company. If I beat him, I get cheered for being the upset of the year, the most unexpected win in IWF history. But look at Stygian, how can he win this match? He wins the match, well, everyone expects it, and nobody is surprised. Nobody cares, because he just beat a small helpless woman who's half of his size. He loses, and he becomes the subject of embarrassment. How could a man of Stygian's stature and with his accolades lose to a little tiny girl? It's just not right, it should never happen. Pressure is a factor in every match. Stygian has all the pressure to not screw up. I won't ruin my image if I lose to Stygian because it's expected. But if he loses to me, his image will go down. And we all know that if there's one thing that Stygian cares about besides his wife and girlfriend, it's his image. Stygian lives to sell his merchandise, to market himself. I'm sure he'd tell you otherwise, but he knows it's true, and so do I. How could his image survive if it took a hit that is losing to me? Could it ever bounce back? No longer is he the greatest wrestler to ever live. He's now the man who lost to a cute innocent little girl on the biggest stage of them all. And he knows this. Deep down in his head, he's worried about losing. He knows the consequences of losing. He has to worry about not making mistakes in his match much more than I do. By challenging him to this match, I've taken all of the pressure off of myself, and put it onto him. Lance Armstrong's PR moves have nothing on mine.

Anna Stone
Tell me Stygian, what's one thing that Dan Alexander, Corey Casey and Brandon Macdonald all have in common? And no, it's not that they all lost to you. It's the mindset of those fighters before they went into fights with you. You're a smart man, I'm sure you can guess it. No? Maybe? Well I'll tell you then. In those fights against you, they all went in, knowing that they had something to lose. Careers on the line, needing to win to provide, fearing injury because they didn't want to have to deal with it afterwards. Me? Well, I'm already dead anyways. Hell I might not even make it to the match. So do you think I have something to lose? I'm going into this fight with the mentality of the last fight I'll ever have. This is my last chance to impress the world. My last chance to show everyone that I made the right decision. And to show everyone that I'm the best.

Anna Stone
Brandon, Corey, Dan, they didn't fear you. They didn't even try to think about losing to you, because they couldn't. How could they win, if they feared who you were as a fighter? This was their biggest downfall. Because when you came at them, and began beating them to their breaking point, they were caught off guard. They had not prepared for this, because they never let themselves be afraid of you. Therefore, they had never prepared themselves for a moment where you had the upper hand. Where you were the stronger man, or the smarter wrestler. Me? Well, I'm afraid of you Stygian. Because I know that I have to be. How can I fight to the best of my abilities if I don't have fear backing me? I know what you can do. I know what you're capable of in that ring. And I'm afraid of it. But, when you're afraid of something, you do everything that you possibly can to avoid being afraid. And even then, it often isn't enough. But when you fear something, and it happens, you expect it. Because you knew this coming in. I know, coming into this fight with you, that you're capable of many things in that ring, all of which can cause serious pain. I respect that of you. I respect it, and I fear it. And I know that I can't let you do those things to me.

Anna Stone
I did have a ringside seat for Brandon's loss to you Stygian. And everything that I already explained happened. Brandon didn't have any fear of you driving him to succeed. What he had was a fear of failure. And that was his one and only downfall. You and I both know that match was closer than you might say it was. While you won cleanly, you didn't convince me that you were unbeatable. There were times where everyone knew Brandon could have beaten you if he had just done one thing better. But again, without the fear driving him, he stood no chance. With all the pressure he put on himself, he just couldn't do it.

Anna Stone
And so he went, quietly into retirement. Same with Corey Casey, same with Dan Alexander. But I think you have your views a bit wrong. See, I don't view Brandon as my hero. Not even close. I guess you missed me smash him in the head with a hockey stick, twice. But that's beside the point. No, see let me give you a real lesson on how my relationship with Brandon works. See, we started dating in high school. Dated for four years. Typical captain of the football team/head cheerleader relationship. But then, our friend died in an accident, and Brandon vanished. Left Ottawa without a trace. So as you can imagine, I hated him for a long time. What woman wouldn't? But then I saw that he was in the UFC, and I found where he was. I was conflicted. At one end, I hated him for leaving me when we needed each other the most. But on the other end, he was still the only man I ever loved. So I made a choice right then and there, to go meet him. And I did, and low and behold, he asked me to start dating again. And because I had nobody else in my life, I said yes. And it was a good decision at the time, but in hindsight, a bad one. We got married, but it was a bad marriage. Neither of us were meant to be together. We cheated on each other. Eventually, we split up. Again, he was not my hero then, nor was he my hero when he cheated on me. He trained me to fight, that much is true. But he was my husband, so of course I learned from him. Anyways, after we divorced, we saw other people. Eventually after our anger settled down, we made up and became friends. That's it. Just friends. Maybe you can't get that through your thick skull, but people actually are allowed to be friends with members of the opposite sex. They don't just have to make one their wife and the other their girlfriend. Say he was my hero all you want, but that's just not true. While there is a special place in my heart for Brandon, I do not look up at him. I do not see him on a pedestal. He's a good friend, a great friend. But nothing more. I see him as my equal, which is how I see all of my friends. The only heroes in my life are my mother and my father.

Anna Stone
I'm not sure why you think I have this strange obsession with Brandon Macdonald. Did you know that I have slept with Jason Hawk, James Shark, and Chuck Matthews, all since the last time I slept with Brandon? It's been over 11 months since I had sex with Brandon, and I don't really miss it. In case you were unaware, I have a boyfriend for that. Excuse me, a husband for that. A husband whom I love more than anyone in this world. A husband who will always be there for me, even if always only lasts one more day. The reason I got to where I am today is not because of my relationship with Brandon. You really think I would go back and sleep with a man who cheated on me and ruined my marriage with him? All while dating a man that I love more than anything in the world? Not everyone is like you Stygian. Unlike you, I can actually be faithful to one person. But that's beside the point. What I'm trying to say is that I haven't done any sleeping to the top. No, no, what I've done is earn my way up there. Sure Brandon might give me easy matches. But that's not because I ask him. You'd have to ask him why I get booked in those matches. Besides, maybe you missed it, but remember when I destroyed Robbie Hart those weeks ago? He'll be the first to admit that I ripped him a new asshole in our match. And yet…I seem to remember him beating you after that. Fairly cleanly too. It was like, you weren't even close to his level. Now I know that's not the case, but still. So far I'm one up on you Stygian.

Anna Stone
Maybe you have short term memory, but this whole, showing up to work when I want to thing? Yeah I think you must be forgetting my run from February to June, where I was in matches week after week, winning all of them. And then, as soon as I picked my match against you at From the Ashes, management stopped booking me. Coincidence? Or maybe it's the management wanting me to stay off my feet, so that I don't get any ring practise, so that the man who sells the most merchandise, the man who is the real face of this company, doesn't lose to a little girl on the biggest stage of them all.

Anna Stone
I'm not doing this to prove a point to Brandon. Karly is my best friend, and he already married Karly, but I guess you don't watch much news now do you? I'm not trying to make him think he made the wrong choice. No, I'm doing this to prove a point to the world. To prove that you're not unbeatable. To prove to myself that I can beat the best. That I can BE the best. You're a big man Stygian. You've got all the strengths you need to be an unbeatable wrestler. Yet, somehow, you've lost. Tell me how that's possible. Maybe your opponent was better than you? No that can't be it. Robbie Hart got his ass kicked by me, so there's no way he's better than you right? Unless I'm actually just better than you. Johnny Style is a legend yes, but he's also older than my grandfather. Tell me, how does a seven foot tall, three hundred pound man in his physical prime lose to an old man who used to be great? He wasn't physically outmatched, no, he was distracted. He wasn't his own self in that ring. So is that what happened Stygian? You weren't yourself, and you got distracted by something? Were you in awe of the legend that is Johnny Styles? Were you so focused on not embarrassing yourself to Robbie Hart, that you did just that? Please enlighten me, because I would love to know.

Anna Stone
And in our match, remember what I said earlier? About how you're the one with all the pressure? You're the one who has everything to lose here, and absolutely nothing to gain. Like I said, I'm already dead. The only way I'm leaving that ring is if I die. I mean, why bother leaving, if I'm just going to die as soon as I'm gone? I may as well die on my own terms, doing something I love right? I've been pushed into the furthest corner I can be pushed to. Nothing you do can make things any worse for me. But I can sure make a whole lot worse for you. Which is exactly what I intend to do.

Anna Stone
Talk all you want about breaking people's backs or ending peoples careers. Talk all you want about the past. But that's not going to mean a single thing when we step in that ring against each other. Because while you're right, I'm not Chuck Matthews. I'm not Corey Casey. I'm not Brandon Macdonald. But I am Anna Stone. And until you beat Anna Stone, you have nothing to say. I don't care about what you did in Japan, or UECW, or even in IWF for that matter. All I care about is this Sunday.

Anna Stone
So talk all you want about how you're not just an image, but a fighter. But strip any of the top superstars in IWF down, and are they any different? Chad Mason, while an asshole, still a fighter. Robbie Hart is a piece of shit, but deep down, he's a fighter. Steel Angel, fighter. Me? I'm a fighter Stygian. I fought my way to get Brandon back in my life. I fought to save our failing marriage. I fought to make things work with Chuck or Jason or James. I fought to get to where I am today, happily married, and ready to leave with no regrets.

Anna Stone
This Sunday will be my last match in IWF, win or lose. But mark my words Stygian. I will win. I will beat you. I hope you start to fear me soon, otherwise, you'll be in for a rough night. As soon as you let the fear inside, let it take over, for maybe five seconds, then you clear your head, and you work to get that fear out of your system. But I know YOUR type. You fear nobody. Nothing anyone does will ever scare you enough to fear them. And so you will continue to win matches, because nobody you fight has nothing to lose like I do. Nobody is afraid like I am afraid. Nobody is as good as me. Nobody has the gameplan I have. Nobody knows your weaknesses more than I do, your strengths more than I do, your tactics more than I do. I've stripped you down Stygian, and I like what I see. Because what I see, is a path. A path to victory. And on that path, I will travel, until I walk out of From the Ashes with my hand held high, as the winner of our match.

Anna Stone looks out the window of the airplane. She smiles.

Anna Stone
Chicago. See you soon Stygian

Anna nods her head and the camera cuts to static

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian   Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anna Stone [vs.] Stygian
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: IWF LIVE :: Pay-Per-View Roleplays-
Jump to: