Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Confidence

Go down 
4 posters

No Confidence or Confidence in the abilities of Chuck Matthews in terms of show writing and being an admin
No Confidence
No Confidence I_vote_lcap38%No Confidence I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 10 ]
Confidence
No Confidence I_vote_lcap62%No Confidence I_vote_rcap
 62% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

No Confidence Empty
PostSubject: No Confidence   No Confidence I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Ladies and gentlemen of IWF...after discussing with Chuck about this...it gives me no great pleasure to have to make this announcement.

I hereby call for a vote of No Confidence in the show writing, and leadership abilities of Chuck Matthews.

Chuck is a guy i've known for the last five years. A guy I have had the honor and the privilege of rp'ing against and with. A guy that was one of the three original founders of IWF. However, over the last few months, shows have begun to get later and later and Chuck has failed to live up to the single most important task that being an admin requires:

"All admins must be available and ready to write the show on the day after deadline."

Show have begun to get later and later and this is mostly because of the failure of Chuck Matthews to hold up his end of the bargain in terms of show writing. After talking with Chuck this afternoon, Chuck has admitted to being "so fucking out of touch with my own fed" that it's absurd. Chuck was going to call this vote himself however I feel as though it is my responsibility as the last surviving founder of IWF to call this vote for him.

It is extremely important that all members of IWF weigh in on this vote and do not vote hastily. Whatever follows, Chuck has given this his blessing and will make no retaliatory remarks or posts in order to slander IWF or any of the admins. If Chuck is given a majority vote of No Confidence, then the remaining IWF Admins will have a discussion on the private Admin Board on the forum tomorrow evening at 9pm EST to determine the fate of Chuck Matthews in terms of his future.

Please....this is EXTREMELY important...THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Crimson Skull

Crimson Skull

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 2-1-0
Alignment: Heel

No Confidence Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Confidence   No Confidence I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:38 am

So what if the show gets posted late? Real life shit comes first when it comes to efedding. Efedding is something to do on your free time, if you don't have free time then oh well shit happens.

I'm a busy man, juggling family life with a more than full time job. I spend my time relaxing with Xbox, Netflix, Wow, and efedding. If I don't have time to RP, then I don't. It's no big deal. Chuck's a good admin, hell of a lot better than most that I've had in the past. If he's slipping in his duties then that's ok. Efedding shouldn't feel like a job. When it gets to feel like a job then everything starts to fall out of place. It should be fun, not work. It would be nice if it were work, I'd love to get paid what I do at my job just to sit at home and efed, but such is life and we cannot do that.

If people start bitching because Chuck is a bad admin, then they need to gtfo. Chuck is bettering his life by continuing his education as well as working, and keeping a social life. Sometimes if he has time to efed, he does. When he doesn't have time, then he doesn't.

I know my feelings won't get hurt if the show gets posted late, or if quick results go up. I'm a firm believer in quick results if there are no shows, there's no since in busting your ass in getting something immaculate together for something that's either half-assed or not done at all.

We have plenty of constant no-showers in this fed, to me that warrants them getting a half-assed written match. Even if it's one of my characters that no-show. If I didn't have time to RP, then I believe that the admins or show writers shouldn't have to take hours out of their lives to write me a glorious five star match just because I stay with this fed. I've had full intentions on retiring for good from efedding in this fed, I did it mostly when i retired Crimson Skull. But, as I started Rp'ing as my other charactes I realized that I should have retired them instead of Skull. I still have Rp'ing as Skull, moreso than I do as any other character. I retired him a few months ago, and now he's back lol.

Efedding is something that you don't walk away from completely, believe me. I've been doing this for 12 years now. Sometimes, it does get old and it does get in the way of real life events, but I step back and handle whats important in life at first. If people think efedding is one of their top things that they need to do in life, then they need to sit back and smell the coffee.

There are times, especially around the holidays, when it gets hectic for everyone. If we have to go down to having biweekly shows, just to gurantee that we will have a fully written show, then so be it. If we have to go down to only writing out full results for the matches that have both people RP for, then so be it.

Whatever works to keep things going works for me. I know I write 90% of all my segments, so I'm perfectyl fine with having a squash match against an opponent who doesn't RP against me.

Those that have voted no confidence in Chuck, I respect your opinion. But I can also tell you that it can be much, much worse than this. CC can vouch for me on this one, and those that have seen the true side of OTHER fed owners that we know all too well. I'm not kissing ass when i say this, but Chuck is one of the best admins I've ever ran into in this "business".

Usually, I don't stick around in a fed that long. Usually, it's because I don't agree with the admins or the rules or just don't like the people. Sure, there are a few things I disagree with here, but overall I'm a happy camper. I RP when i feel like it, I get a storyline going with another person when I feel like it. It's just so laid back. This isn't just some fed to comfort some self-conscious prick's ego. It's a fed for the common man, if you will. Everybody votes, everybody has a say in what goes around here. WE could have a dictorial fed head that says everything is about him and only him, but instead we have a team of guys who discuss and vote on things that are going on from day to day.

To quote the great Arn Anderson, "I'm not one to toot my own horn, but toot toot." I' ve been the top guy in every fed that I've joined. I've been world champ I couldn't count how many times, been in so many Hall of Fames its ridiculous. But in IWF I've taken the passenger seat. Sure, I could belt out 10x better Rps than I usually do. But there are so many talented writers in this efed that I like just sitting back and watching what they do, instead of being the top guy that everybody strives to beat.

I've been an admin in several feds, its not an easy thing to do. You've always got a few people that are just completely and literally HORRIBLE when it comes to RPs and they believe they deserve to be world champion. You tell them no, and they leave.

Hell, I've ran a roster with 6 people. But everybody did their part on writing the shows and segments and helping out. It's good to be involved with a fed that has their own team that gets things done WHEN THEY CAN and not have to worry about having everybody else's shit to deal with.

So if its the show being up a little bit late here and there, who cares? As long as there are people to Rp, then you can have a fed running smoothly. I think the admins here are way too hard on themselves. This is something we do on our free time, well most of us that know better at least. I'm sure if Ryan Apollos RPs against Silas Romero and Silas no-shows, then Apollos is perfectly fine with getting a squash match against Silas anyways. What looks better, a good defense from someone who didn't Rp, or completely decimating someone who didn't Rp? If you think because you Rp'd that you deserve a five star match, then by god why don't you write that match out and make yourself out to be the most dominant a glorious efedder in the world?

If everybody is worried that people are going to start leaving because the show is late here and there, then who cares? This is an INTERNET FEDERATION. People come and go, we can't stop them. Even if we had a team of 10 writers and the shows and cards were up on a timely manner, people are going to leave and come as they damn well please. there's always going to be someone getting pissed at this that and the other.

It's efedding people, it's not a job or a career. It's just something to do for fun, it is for me at least. This is just writing exercises for me, I plan to write a novel one day. One day when I am old and fatter and my kids aggravate the hell out of me and I need an excuse to escape my nagging wife. I just know that if I do write that novel one day, I'll be thankful to efedding for allowing me to exercise various points of my writing to give the me experience that I need.

I think that about ties it up for this drunken rant.

Oh...and I BELIEVE IN CHUCK MATTHEWS!
Back to top Go down
Sean Libby

Sean Libby

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 3-4-0
Alignment: In Between

No Confidence Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Confidence   No Confidence I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 12:52 am

I just want to run in here and say that this isn't a democracy. We just had election and we aren't that stupid. This, voting on who should stay or who should leave shouldn't be up to US! It should be up to CC, Styg, Steel and of coarse, Chuck. We shouldn't decide his fate, he should. He built this place along with Corey and Brandon. Brandon chose to take his leave on his own. Sure, he was later replaced, but he still remains.

I'll never say that Styg, Steel or anybody can replace Brandon or if so, Corey and/or Chuck. If all go, IWF goes. I won't stay if CC and Chuck both leave. Its not IWF without either Brandon, Chuck or Corey running. I'm not doubting Styg or Steel's abilities to run a e-fed, but this was made by three people who gave up their time, and fun to give us a awesome fed. I hate that Brandon isn't a admin, but thats his choice and not ours.

I love IWF, and I love all the people who contribute to it. Chuck is truly one of the most "fair" admins. Thats why all the other admins go to him for "judging" which he hates. Sure, it all about votes for shows but we shouldn't decide who should stay. We all know, months ago, James Shark, hated by alot of members including myself was a true annoying guy, cause he wasn't being real at all just sticking with character shit and when he left, everyone turned to Matt or Chuck Matthews as his IWF name here, to say what would happen to him. Everyone looking to Chuck to take action isn't fair. All the admins should discuss that.

But a admin asking the MEMBERS to decide Chucks fate? Absolutely not. Chuck should decide, he helped this fucking fed from the ground up with CC and Brandon. We shouldn't be telling him what to do. I believe in him and if I was him, I would ignore this whole result and think to himself what he should do. If he wants to stay, that should be his judgement, if he wants to leave and get his shit together that should be his choice as well.

Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2

No Confidence Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Confidence   No Confidence I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:21 am

To come to Corey's aid, because I feel like you two are sort of targeting him for calling this vote: I was, and still am, completely okay with this being up. I'm not offended, I'm not upset. I do appreciate you guys standing up on my behalf here, but if you're doing it because you think CC is trying to kick me out against my will, I want to clear it up that he isn't.

I think the admins as a whole were thinking this, but I might have been the one to actually say: We should probably call a vote. I did this a while back, and nobody had a problem with it. Remember when I made that poll, asking you guys to rate my performance? There were no issues then, and I think the only reason this has caused an uprising is because it was worded differently, and it was made under the pretense that I'll leave if the votes say I'm not doing my job.

That's really what this comes down to, and the reason I think this poll was called: Am I doing my job?

CC makes a very valid point. One of the #1 responsibilities as an admin in IWF is to get the shows done on time. That's half the reason IWF even exists: We were stuck in a fed where results were getting later and later, and half the time, they were bum-rushed, poor quality, and it just wasn't worth sticking around wondering if there was even going to be a show the next week.

In over a year of IWF, we have cancelled two shows. TWO. One of those was for Christmas, since everyone wants to spend time with their families and friends, and we aren't going to force you to write during the holidays. The other was exactly for this reason: We didn't have our shit together, the show was ridiculously late, so we had to say "Either we give these guys two days to RP, or we cancel the show."

Honestly, if it was up to me, I would have cancelled the show after VI, due to the show being so late.

Two late shows in a row is unacceptable. Now, if it was a fault of IWF, that would be one thing. But CC and Steel were kind enough to point out: It isn't. Of all the show writers, there's only one guy that consistently doesn't have his shit done on time, and that's me. I've apologized for it, but I do agree that it's becoming a major issue, and it's something we need to solve.

Skull, I agree with you 100%. This is a game, and real life should always come first. But at the same time, if your real life is getting in the way of the game, you probably shouldn't be taking a position where other players are relying on you to continue it. Think of the admins like blackjack dealers. Everyone at the table wants to play, but if the dealer has to take a piss, the game halts until he comes back. That's me. If I'm not doing my job, IWF slows down. Cards get posted late, there's less time to write, and it becomes an endless cycle. Between real life and IWF, I'll pick real life every time...and if there's one week that it fucks up IWF's schedule, oh well. Shit happens. When it's two weeks? Two months? Then is when you need to step back and say "Alright...this is starting to cause issues."

The reason I agree with this poll, and the reason I said I wouldn't fight the result, is BECAUSE this is a fed for the common man. You guys are my ego check. Yeah, I like to think I'm pretty good at what I do. I like to think I'm one of the best owners in the world. But if I didn't have you guys here to tell me "Alright...let's bring the ego down a notch" I might turn into some self-righteous douchebag. I've said, since the very beginning, that IWF's well-being is my primary concern as an admin. That's why I've always been seen as the peacekeeper. That's why I've always been the filter for storylines. That's why I've always been known as the "level-headed" admin, and that's why, as Sean pointed out, when problems arise, people look to me to figure out what to do next.

I love that. I think it's great, and I'm honored that I've earned that level of respect from you guys...but like I said. I'm here for the betterment of IWF, and the fact is, the best thing for IWF right now might be if I wasn't here.

In all honesty, I think the fact that there's been a vote of no confidence against me is a great thing, not a bad one. Not because I want to leave; I don't. But the fact that, yes, we DO look to the members to cast judgment now and then. Yes, we DO care about what the general consensus thinks. Skull mentioned in his post all the admins and owners he's worked with in the past who were egotistical, self-righteous douchebags. Do you really think this would fly under their ownership?

Think of other feds you've been in, and ask yourself what would happen if someone had stepped up and said "I don't think the owner is doing his job, and I'd like to petition to get this asshole out of power, and let someone better take his place." I can tell you with 100% certainty that if you tried that in the last fed I was in, the poll would be deleted, and you would be banned on the spot. IWF is different. IWF is better. If IWF truly thins that I'm unfit for the position, then I will gladly step down.

Corey and I designed IWF to be unbreakable. We came from a fed with a major weakness, and we exploited that weakness, let it fall, and built IWF. When we made IWF, we were sure that we didn't share that weakness. That weakness was, plain and simple: One guy was the fed. If that one person vanished, the whole thing would come tumbling down. IWF isn't like that. No one person is bigger than this fed. Not Styg, not Sean, not Steel, not Corey, and most certainly not me. There is no doubt in my mind that, even without me, IWF will carry on and prosper. It did in the past, and I see no reason to believe it won't do it again.

My concern is my performance. Again, I appreciate the sentiments, and I'm happy to see that there is a large number of you who think I do just fine at my job...but I do agree, there are some problems that need to be addressed, and most of them are my doing. I agree with this poll for the reason that it lets the IWF family make their voices heard. If someone isn't pulling their weight, IWF as a whole will call them on it.

Thank you, IWF family, for the vote of confidence, but unless we can think of an alternative solution, I think it's time I handed in my resignation, at the very least as a show writer, if not as an admin altogether.
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Crimson Skull

Crimson Skull

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 2-1-0

No Confidence Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Confidence   No Confidence I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:38 am

My bad, I didn't mean to sound like I was targeting CC. lol I'm not, in the least. CC knows I still got man-love for him. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Confidence Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Confidence   No Confidence I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Confidence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Archives :: Archives :: Administrative :: IWF News-
Jump to: