Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos Empty
PostSubject: Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:48 pm

APOLLOS FOR WORLD CHAMP!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Storming Raven

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 10-0-2
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 3:45 pm

(When the sun goes down.)

I'm sitting at a table of a break room, in an old abandoned factory. A stark naked busted light bulb hangs over the table swaying back and forth. It seems things haven't quite gone my way lately. I kick up a little dust as I stand, and it forms a mini tornado. I walk outside and among the forgotten machines of the past. Like the bones of dinosaurs they just sit collecting dust, and grime. I wonder just how many tragic accidents these machines caused, but then I think...life is a tragic accident, is it not?

Speaking of forgotten pasts, this week I face Ryan Apollos. The last time I faced him my mind wasn't right, and I lost...Who am I kidding. My mind is NEVER right,when she's not with me. Apollos...Apollo...the Greek sun god. There is no sun in my world. I've always been more of a night person. This week, the sun goes down.....

I look down at the dust on the floor. I remember an old Native American story, of how to make it rain. I bend down and draw a turtle in the dust, I then stand up and spit in it. Outside rain begins pouring down. A wicked grin spreads across my face, and a sinister chuckle escapes my lips echoing throughout the empty factory.

(I don't need your civil war, it feeds the rich,while it buries the poor)

The Empire, Bad Company. I could really care less. I may be under the Empire banner right now, but it's just a means to an end. A way to get what I really want. What I want is simple. The World Heavyweight championship.

(If you see no reason for giving thanks...don't give thanks.)

Thanksgiving is soon...What a crock of shit. Sure the white man's school have the first Thanksgiving right, but they never teach about what happened....after. The second Thanksgiving was one of the bloodiest turf wars in the north east. Not long after we helped those pale face demons to survive, how do they repay us? By starting the murdering, and making a game of kicking around chiefs' heads, as they feast on the crops and the meat we taught them to get. Thanksgiving indeed.

(You've woken up the demon...in me)

I look down at my left wrist, where a knot is seen in the middle, between the veins. The mark of a true witch...and within my people, the mark of the wendigo. A bloodthirsty savage beast, like the European werewolf. The only cure is rare indeed, but I found it. True love. Yet if that cure is taken, than the beast can roam free.

Alexander Raven is messing with force beyond his kin. He seems to have....taken a shine to my wife. As Bruce Banner would say, he wouldn't like me when I'm angry. It's a pity really that he chose me as his first opponent. We have so much in common that we could have been allies. Empire? Bad Company? They could have had their civil war whilst we tore the place down, from the ground up. Yet if he tries something this week. The wendigo will be unleashed....and the sun....will be the first victim. Death is coming to the Insurgency Wrestling Federation....
Back to top Go down
Ryan Apollos

Ryan Apollos

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record:
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Dream State Zi
Part 13

"That voice…" Sao thought aloud.

"Sao!" Ryan called, "Isn't that the guy who fought us in the Dark Spiner?"

"Jihnera…" Sao recalled.

"Sao," Jamie called, "What's going on?"

"The Backdraft…" Dr. Toros concluded.

"Something's off though." Ryan mused.

More beeping from the Trinity Liger console – a new message was inbound. Sao raised an eyebrow, but answered the call.

"Nova Team!" An old man whose eyes were covered with green shades appeared on the screen.

"Silvereye?" Sao asked, "What's going on here?"

"There's not much time!" He looked distraught. "My plans to introduce alternative modes to the Backdraft caused a schism. Jihnera's split from the group, and formed the Neo Backdraft. He's coming for you all, and then he'll go straight for the Commission itself! His goal is nothing less than complete chaotic revolution!"

"That's idiotic. What about the Commission's orbital cannons? He'll be wiped off the face of the map! Crap! We better get outta here…"

"They can't hit what they can't detect. He's brought Dark Spiners. He's going to overthrow the Commission through electronic warfare!"

"Spinersss? Did you say?" Ryan asked furtively.

"At least 10! We'd been manufacturing some after our last battle, and apparently he ramped up production behind my back!"

"Saooo?" Eura shivered as she asked.

"You need to stop him Sao! He views you and the Blitz team as his greatest enemies! And that's not all! He has a newewrrrrrrrr..."

"Silvereye?" Sao called as the image turned to static.

"Sao?" Jamie asked, "What's ggogingggrrrr-"

"Pulse!" Sao called out.

A blue electric wave spread from the mountains, straight for the Zoids. The Trinity controls surged and its screens went black. Not missing a beat, Sao restarted the Liger and started calling to his teammates.

"Ryan? Eura?"

"Sssssssas-ao?" Ryan's voice came in scratchily.

"It's started. Tell the Blitz Team!"

"Thhhhrrr still nt- up!"

"Dammit, they haven't fought this way before! Get up next to them! We'll shout if we have to, but they've gotta restart their systems!"

"Sao!" Eura yelled, "The radar's catching static again!"

"Again? Already?"

"He did say ten of em." Ryan groaned. "Damn! How are we supposed to launch an offensive if we can't even talk for a single-"

Again, from the mountains, a blue pulse went out. Sao could feel a rumble in the air. The screens began to fill with static again, but then, a humming sound! A purple glow saturated the nearby air. The static gradually lessened and the system stayed active. As he verified this on all his screens, Sao caught a new Zoid on his local radar. Looking to the position he saw – a purple Gorhecks, which had left several assorted boxes in a trail behind it, and whose back crystal panels shone brightly. A smiling Mary opened a com-link.

"Hey! I guess it works after all!"

"Great job Mary!"

"Uh, Sao?" Ryan asked.

"How come our radar's up?" Eura questioned.

"Our old acquaintance, Mary Gezinger, of Heart Warrior Magazine, has provided herself with an interesting new article to write, and provided us with a solution to our problems."

"Sao?" Bit's voice. "What's happening over there?"

"Bit, the Backdraft is coming at us with electromagnetic weaponry! You gotta get used to restarting your Zoid."

"Huh? I don't turn off my Zoid. Do I partner?" Low groaning from his companion Zoid. "Ah, still hurt are ya?" He patted his controls, then turned to Sao, "Don't worry Sao, I'll get the word out to Doc and the others."

"Way ahead of ya Bit." The Doc called out.

"Doc!"

"Whew! I haven't restarted the Hover Cargo in… Jamie when did we last restart the Hover Cargo?"

"The point, Doc!"

"Oh, the point, yes. Sao, We've had some experience with the Backdraft before."

"That makes two of us, and I think combining our forces could do us all good."

"I've never seen weaponry of this sort though, even from them." Doc mused.

"Electromagnetic weaponry, Dr. Toros. A brutal weapon we used to be hard pressed to defend against. But Ms. Gezinger's Zoid has the unique capability of disrupting their signals."

"Mm, but if I recall," The Doc reached into a drawer, and removed a Gorhecks model, "The range of the Gorhecks anti-pulse signal is about 5 kilometers at best. I wouldn't count on even that from something this… old." He said, looking pointedly at the out-of-sorts Gorhecks before them.

"Hey! Gorry's just a little worn out is all!" Mary yelled back.

"He's right though." Sao mused. "We can't maintain the shield and mount an offensive at the same time."

"But Sao," Ryan called, "Their EMPs wear them down too. Any non-Spiner units would be affected, not just ours. We can lead in a strike team, even without the Gorhecks!"

"But to what effect Ryan? We aren't equipped with a Zoid that can actively engage in electronic warfare! We need another, faster Zoid to clear up the airwaves."

The Doc snapped. "Did someone say electronic warfare?"

"We've been saying it for the last five minutes, Doc, why?" Jamie asked.

"Bit! It's time!"

"Time for what Doc?" Bit moaned.

"The X!"

"The X?" Jamie wondered aloud. "Wait, you mean that useless, gold spiked-"

"That useless gold spiked armor was specifically designed for electronic warfare. It's perfect!"

Sao leaned his head down – the shine returned to his eyes. "Alright then. But the Liger's still damaged from the battle!"

"I'll get in the Raynos and drag it in!" Jamie called.

"No time!" A female voice. Sao looked up. The rest of the warriors looked round, confused.

A white and maroon hover truck slid into the area, and the view of a woman of dark red hair, a white top, and a cold business face came up on screen. Sao smiled.

"And, who are you miss?" Jamie asked.

"Just an entrepreneur looking for a place she's needed. Mr. Toros?"

"Mm yes?" The Doc leaned instinctively toward his screen.

"My truck is equipped with some basic repair tools. Help this team dispose of the Backdraft, and we'll get the Liger Zero back into your CAS in a half hour."

"I'll get out and help!" Bit called.

"Me too!" Leena responded.

"Guess that means me." Brad moaned.

"No Brad, you're going with us." Sao replied.

"Hm?"

"We'll run the mountains and hold off the Spiners until the Liger Zero is ready. We'll need all the help we can get, since the rest of your team will be doing the repairs.

"Uh, Doc am I getting paid for-"

"Brad!"

"Brad!"

"Brad!"

His team members chorused.

"Fine, fine. Alright Sao, let's get to it."

"Wait." Alysia commanded – Sao felt the command was directed straight at him. "Sao's Trinity Liger should stay here to protect the Liger and the Gorhecks while the others go out."

"Good call." Sao replied. "How's that sound to you Dr. Toros?"

"Alright, but let's get to it! We haven't got much time before the Spiner's swarm us! Jamie, ready the CAS to engage the Liger Zero X!"

"Got it Doc!"

"I'll relay the situation between our two teams from here."

"Wait!" Brad called, "Their passive interference will disrupt communications even without sending out EMP blasts! How are we gonna communicate?"

"Use these." Alysia responded, opening the back containers on the rear deck of her hovertruck. Inside revealed 3 sets of laser-based communication arrays.

"Directional communicators." Ryan recognized.

"What blocks your line of sight may now block your communication arrays, but it's better than going in blind. I trust you'll get used to it." Alysia smirked.

"Oh, no problems there." Ryan smiled.

"Shall we begin then?" Sao asked the group.

"Area scanned!" Eura responded, reaffirming her radar functions.

"Battlefield set-up!" Ryan continued.

"The Blitz-" Doc started…

"-Nova team…" Alysia finished.

"Versus the Neo-Backdraft." Bit called as he left the Liger cockpit.

"Battle mode: none." Sao decreed. "Reaaaadyyy?"

"FIGHT!" They all yelled.

"We need to get in close range! As long as we're out here, they can use their blasts with no repercussions!" Ryan declared.

"Well excuse me for not being able to run at 300 kilometers per hour!" Brad replied, already trailing far behind the Houndsoldier and the low soaring Evoflyer.

"Don't worry. The fastest one here is actually Eura. At full speed, she outclasses us both."

"Heh, wow, I never thought of it that way Ryan!" Eura noted.

"They'll probably hit us with another blast before we can get close, but that'll send down most of their ranged weaponry, and they won't wanna leave the cover of the mountains if they can help it, so we should be safe. As soon as you restart, Eura, get in there at all costs! Don't get hit, but hold as long as you can. I'll follow second and Brad will bring up the rear. You can relay messages between us from above if the cliffs start interfering."

"Heheh." She giggled.

"What?"

"You're sounding more like Sao every day."

Ryan smiled. A blue glow built in the mountainsides. "Alright, here it comes!

"They've been hit by another pulse." Toros noted. "How's it going down there?"

"Wow, these tools are amazing!" Bit cheered.

"They're available for a price." Alysia replied, not taking her eyes off her work.

Ever the promoter. Sao thought to himself. Ever since when we first met… She doesn't seem to be like that around me these days though. Huh.

"Less talking more fixing!" Leena yelled at Bit.

"Yes mom." He groaned.

"We'll finish right on schedule Dad!" Leena called.

"Turn around the Hover Cargo, Mr. Toros." Alysia commanded, "We'll want the CAS as close to the Liger as possible when it gets walking."

"Sure thing Aly!"

"Alysia if you please." Sao stifled a laugh. "Oh and Mr. Toros?"

"Yes?"

"Once you finish installing the Liger Zero X in the CAS, I have another proposal, regarding Ligers."

"Oh? A new armor for the Zero?" The Doc's eyes glowed.

"A new armor. But not for the Zero." The Doc raised an eyebrow. "And it could be yours, for a price."

"Eura? You alright? How many are there?" Ryan asked.

"Just one here, but it's no pushover!"

"I'm almost to the mountains! Hang in there! Brad?"

"Gimme another minute!"

"Keep calm. I'm entering." True to his word, Heiden reached the mountain edges and slowed slightly as he advanced down the right path of two such roads into the cliffs. "Eura? Eura?" No response. "Damn, she's too low into the canyon to receive the signal." He caught sight of an unusually gentle slope. "Guess I'll get higher up!" He drove the Houndsoldier up the slope and right to a premium view of the Evolflyer, in direct combat with the Dark Spiner. Her rifles and the Spiner's 144 mm machine guns had put them at a stalemate.

"Brad? Can you hear me?"

"Almost there Ryan!"

"Take the left path into the mountains, and get your trigger finger ready."

"Got it."

Ryan moved down straight for the Dark Spiner, shooting towards but not for the Spiner, which backed out, away, and left. Straight into-

The Shadow Fox's Laser Vulcan bore into the Spiner's rear legs. Down on its legs, the Spiner looked to back out the way it came, and found itself facing the Houndsoldier. "You could always take a few shots and run in the resulting dust. That way you could at least prolong…" The Spiner ran for the Houndsoldier, brandishing its Electron Fangs. "Or that." A choice shot from the Hound Buster Cannon sent the opponent Zoid down.

"That's 20 times the prize money for a Zoid Battle!" The Doc yelled.

"It's a very special armor." Alysia responded over the com.

"Doc," Jamie called from the maintenance deck, "I'm almost done on the X!"

"If not today, Mr. Toros, you may never have another opportunity to see it." The Doc scratched his chin, glimpsed the payment window Alysia had brought up on his computer, and took a deep sigh.

"Ms. Alysia, I-"

"It comes with a super-high speed gattling gun."

The Doc's jaw dropped, and his eyes watered.

"What the-?" Brad exclaimed. All around the three Zoids, which had now assembled in a clear valley in the mountains, an assembly of Dark Spiners stood. "I thought he said 10!" Brad clenched his teeth, as he moved the Shadow Fox to cover the left side of the group.

"He did." Ryan looked closely at his more-than-ten opponents. The Dark Spiners moved into position but did not fire back. "They're fakes."

"What?"

"I doubt they could produce this many in such a short time. And they aren't attacking us. They're probably little more than skeletons. The real one's here somewhere though…"

"How do we find him?" Brad asked.

"Just gotta watch. The one with the good stuff won't be engaging with the rest." Ryan scanned the perimeter, through wave after wave of Dark Spiners, each baring claws and facing forward. Their eyes glowed, as they mounted a slow advance.

"Ryan!" Eura cried. "The back!"

There, behind the others, one Dark Spiner began moving slowly away.

"That's it!" Ryan pushed through the other units, which attempted to claw him. The Shadow Fox vulcan drove them back, and the shear speed of the Houndsoldier pushed them down. Eura moved over the assembly and started firing at the true Dark Spiner in the back, which quickly made a run back into the mountains. The Hounsoldier pursued, and found its mark, driving the Spiner into a cliff wall.

"Ryan, behind you!" Brad called.

A blue glow enlightened Ryan as to what was behind him.

"Whew!" Jamie wiped his brow. "All finished here Doc! The Liger Zero X is ready for departure."

"Great! Great. Uh Jamie, I have another job for you."

"Huh?"

"There's still one empty compartment in the CAS right?"

"Dooc…"

"Oh come on! We need everything we can get here!"

"Doooc!"

"It's the Backdraft! We can't pull any punches!"

"Oh Doc…" Jamie laid down on his back. "I'm gonna need some more help here."

"Not a problem! The others are nearly done!"

"They better be…"

"This better be a joke!" Brad called.

"He thinks you're joking." Eura relayed.

"No I'm serious!" Ryan replied from behind the rock cover he'd barely managed to escape to before he was hit by the last pulse. "We need to cut off all out weapons. Make them think they got us. And when we have them in sight, caught unawares, we blast them out of the sky."

Eura relayed Ryan's message.

"Can we even survive without projectile weapons?" Brad replied.

"It's easier than ya think." Ryan answered. "Move behind the mountains. Eura's in the most danger of being seen. Don't fire back!"

"Got it!" Eura replied.

"Alright Doc! She's ready to walk!" Bit declared.

"Get her into the CAS quickly!" The Doc responded.

"Doc, I'm not done yet!" Jamie called.

"Bit, the Liger's still not at full strength, take your time." The Doc continued. "Repair as much as you can before we engage the CAS."

"What? But you just-"

"You heard the man." Alysia stated, as she drove the back half of her truck, remotely, into the CAS deck.

"Now!" Ryan called. Explosions from all three sides caught the backs of three unsuspecting Dark Spiners.

"Whew! Never thought I could go without shooting for so long!" Brad called, as the three Zoids continued out into the open for fast communication.

Laser fire from a far-off ridge. The three darted back to cover. "Can anyone see those?" Ryan called.

"Death Stingers!" Brad replied. "Enough cannons there to blow up the mountain."

"Wouldn't wanna be hit by that would we?" Ryan grinned as he prepared the Houndsoldier to enter.

"What are you doing! You're gonna get destroyed!" Brad yelled.

"Maybe in a slower Zoid. But all I gotta do is never stop moving." He pushed the throttle forward. "Cover me if you can!" He dashed through the cliffs, with fire inbound. The Death Stingers, however, never seemed fast enough to touch him.

"Where does he get these strategies…" Brad thought aloud. Eura giggled.

"Sao, are those things coming toward us?" Mary called out. On the horizon, an assembly of Dark Spiners proceeded towards the Hover Cargo.

"Hm, they aren't firing. And those panels look off. Must be the fakes Ryan was fighting." Sao concluded. "Doc, tell Ryan the fakes are getting through."

"Really? You're sure they're the same fakes?" the Doc asked. The Trinity Liger's beam cannons rallied a couple shots toward the procession, downing a few Dark Spiners in the process.

"Yeah. Shouldn't be a problem, just keep him as updated as he's keeping us."

"Roger that." The Doc replied, turning to the inter-team communicator.

"Ryan, the fakes are getting through!" The Doc's voice.

"Well, the Death Stingers aren't!" Ryan replied through grit teeth.

"Death Stingers too?"

The Houndsoldier finally reached the cliff where the three Death Stingers were perched. They ambled around to try and face him, but the Houndsoldier was too fast. It slammed into them, knocking one over the cliff, one on its back, and sticking the last one down directly.

"Nah, I don't think they're going anywhere."

"Ryan…" Brad called.

"Hm?"

"I'm not seeing double am I?"

Ryan looked down to the lower valley. There was not one, but three black Shadow Foxes approaching each other.

"Brad," Eura called down, "Stay still. I'm gonna shoot."

"What? You'll hit me!"

"I won't. I'm aiming for the area between you three. Soon as I hit, you scramble."

"Get away?"

"No, get closer. In between if you can. Get among them."

"Ah I get it… No need to fire Eura! I think I have just the thing."

"Oh? Alright Brad, give it to them!"

"Here we go!" A cloud of black smoke burst out of the Shadow Fox and Heiden caught it running towards its counterparts. Ryan smiled, and crouched the Houndsoldier, lowering its center of gravity so he could provide better cover fire.

Spiner skeletons went down left and right, but the group slowly advanced toward the Hover Cargo.

"Dammit, there's no end to em!" Sao declared. "But there should be a beginning…" He looked out towards the mountains, toward where Ryan and the others had gone in. Only then did he notice – the Spiner skeletons weren't coming from there. "Doc, relay this to Ryan. The Spiners are coming in from a narrow canyon to the east."

"I see it!" Ryan called back. From his high vantage point, he could just discern a canyon parallel to their battlegrounds. "How're the Shadow Foxes you two?"

"Done and done!" Brad replied.

"Alright. Sao's found out how the Dark Spiner knock-offs are getting past us. There's a canyon that cuts straight through the mountains a few kilometers east of here. You two retrace our steps out, and enter the canyon from the end closer to Sao and the others. I'll go in via their end and make trouble."

"You gonna be alright as the lone-wolf there?" Brad asked.

"Won't be the first time." Heiden and Eura replied together, to laughs.

"I feel like I missed out on a whole series of interesting battles."

"You should tell Sao that. He'll be happy."

"Liger Zero, secured on the maintenance deck!" The Doc announced.

"Alright partner, let's take her for a spin." Bit smiled from the cockpit. "Engaging the system X!" He maneuvered the armor known as X into place, and robotic arms began assembling the armor.

"The Liger Zero X…" The Doc beamed, "A CAS specifically designed for electronic warfare. Its stun-blades and electron drivers are just the thing to mess with an opponent's control of the airwaves. And the gold and blue paintjob is pretty snazzy to boot!"

"But outside of electronic warfare, its largely useless and possibly illegal in Commission battles…" Jamie moaned.

"Stop complaining! We're using it today!"

Blue flashes from the canyon. Waves of fake Dark Spiners went down along with the assault team. "Sao!" Ryan called as he reactivated, "They're mixing in the real Dark Spiners now! They don't even care about their skeletons! We could use some backup!"

"Backup you got!" Bit yelled back. "Goooooo X!"

The gold spikes of the Zero X flashed out onto the field, its 208 mm shock cannon sending Spiner skeletons flying away like brittle rocks.

"They're winding up again!" Brad called out, seeing the telltale blue glowing.

The text ELECTRON DRIVER PULSE appeared on Bit's screen. "Let's see how ya like my Electron Driver Pullllsse!" The gold spikes aligned on the Ligers back, and a massive radio wave sped out from its back. The very air rumbled with electromagnetic radiation, but as the Warriors confirmed, their systems stayed active.

"Great job Bit!" The Doc affirmed.

"I'll take the rest of em down now!"

"Wait Bit!" Sao called.

"What's up?"

"There are more Spiners coming out of the original mountain route now. They're gonna spread out and surround us! Move towards them, with the pulse. Don't engage in one spot too long, or they'll just go around you!"

"Aw." Bit replied less than enthusiastically. He straightened up quickly though, "You got it, Sao!" He turned the X away from the canyon and toward the newly emerging Dark Spiners.

"See Doc? Useless today too!" Jamie crossed his arms happily.

"That's not true!"

"Doc?" Sao asked.

"What is it Sao?"

"I'm getting a bad feeling here. We still haven't seen our friend Jihnera yet. Ask Heiden if he can confirm that."

"Right. Ryan, have you found Jihnera yet?"

"No, but we've almost cleaned out this canyon." Ryan replied, "There shouldn't be many Spiners left, according to Silvereye."

"Could we have downed him already?" Brad asked.

"Not his style." Eura replied, "To go down without some drama."

At that point, a long, low cackling sound pervaded the air.

"So nice to know I'm wanted."

"Jihnera!" Ryan replied. "Where are you?"

"Right here." Ryan saw – at the other end of the canyon. A zoid with black painted legs and head protruding from a torso decked in chrome. Jihnera continued, "I brought a new toy to play with you all. I do hope you'll enjoy it as much as I will."

"Enjoy this!" Brad called, firing his Vulcan.

The Zoid dodged almost faster than could be seen, and fired back a dark, glowing, distorting shell at the Shadow Fox – it hit, and the Fox's shoulder blade burst into sparks.

"Arrgggh!" Brad cried out.

"Hahahhahaa! My super gravity bullet cannon fires ultradense shells. What it hits suffers the effects of an artificial black hole, and collapses upon itself."

"You always did like unethical weaponry." Ryan replied.

"There's more to the Descat than a lack of ethicality, Ryan."

Not waiting to find out what he meant, Ryan moved back out toward the plain. The Descat pursued, faded into a blur as it approached. "Holy shit…" Ryan's eyes widened.

"With a top land-speed of over 400 kilometers per hour, the Descat is one of the fastest Zoids ever built!" Its fanged charged with electromagnetic discharges and it prepared to rip into the Houndsoldier.

Just in time, Ryan reached the far canyon walls and dodged right – the Descat hit the wall and caused a collapse, trapping himself inside.

"You can't hide away forever!" Jihnera yelled.

"Sao!" Ryan called, ignoring him.

"What's the diagnosis Ryan?"

"He's fast… Faster than me! The fastest I've ever seen… I don't know how I'll keep up with him, much less hit him!"

"No need to worry about that Ryan." Alysia replied.

"Hm?"

"Sao's got the hitting part covered."

"Well, Sao? What's the plan?" Ryan asked.

"Trust the lady." Sao smiled. "She hasn't steered me wrong before."

"Wait, you know her?"

Sao cleared his throat. Alysia smirked. "Long story." He replied.

With a great, dark blast, the Descat broke through the collapsed rubble. "This will be the last Zoid you ever see!" Jihnera called to the group.

"Don't listen to him Ryan, he's wrong." Sao replied.

"I'm hoping you have a plan to back up those words."

"Well, let's put it this way, the plan involves us seeing at least one more Zoid. Hold him off! Make him come to you so you can strike at him! Eura, blasts from above! I'll be with you shortly!"

"Got it!"

"Got it!"

The Descat fired its Dual Barreled Impact Cannon. Houndsoldier moved, barely dodging, not approaching the Descat. The Evoflyer shot down, not nearly close enough to hit the fast running Descat. It shot back with its Gravity Cannon, barely missing Eura, as the bullet ripped up the air behind it.

The Descat rushed the Houndsoldier. This time, a dodge wouldn't be so easy. Heiden moved right at the last second, but the Electromagnetic Attack Claws nicked him, and sent him flying into the ground.

"What could you possibly be waiting for that keeps you from getting on your knees and begging for mercy?" Jihnera yelled.

"I'm waiting on my King." Ryan replied.

"Trinty Liger, secured on the maintenance deck!" Doc announced as Sao moved the Trinty into position by the CAS.

"Let's get our new outfit on." Sao grinned. "Engaging the system, Burning Armor!" He moved the new armor package into position, and the CAS activated.

"Burning Armor!" The Doc chanted, "As if the Trinity wasn't beautiful enough! An Anti-Air Cannon, Micro Missile Pods, ultra-powerful Dozer Claws, and a Super High-Speed Gattling Gun! This thing is a demon! A beautiful seductress, how could anyone resist!"

Jamie groaned into his arms.

The transformation completed, and the Trinity Liger found itself decked out like never before, most prominently with a large gattling rifle on its upper shoulder. "Trinity Liger CAS complete!" Jamie announced, "Moving to the catapult deck!"

"Let's show him what we're made of." Sao said as the Trinity ascended to the top of the catapult. "Burning Armor!"

The Zoid launched into the battlefield.

"What's this? A new armor, how cute." Jihnera mused aloud. The burning armor shot a few test fires with its still-attached Twin Beam Cannons. "Shame it won't be hitting anything today!"

The Descat took off.

Sao gripped the trigger for the gattling. Slowly, the barrels revved up and a loud humming filled the air. Sao clicked the trigger. A blaze of blue gattling fire crossed the field. The cockpit computer screen reticule slowly homed in on the Descat until the text "TARGET SYNC" appeared. A strike into the side. Into the leg.

"What? How is this possible!" Jihnera yelled.

"The Burning Armor Super High-Speed Gattling is designed to attack high speed opponents." Alysia explained, to Sao and the Doc, as much as Jihnera, "It uses a computer targeting system to sync up to and adjust for the enemy's land-speed, whatever that may be, and fire appropriately."

"And runnin at that speed land-speed," Sao continued, "You can barely turn, much less dodge." The shots rained down, and soon, the Descat's front legs were ripped and the Zoid was tumbling into the ground. Sao pushed the Burning Armor forward. Its newly reinforced claws surged with energy.

"This can't be! This is the strongest Zoid in creation!" Jihnera yelled.

"A strong Zoid is formidable. But adaptability, strategy, and determination, always win the day. Dozer Claw!" Sao ripped into the Descat like he'd never ripped before. The claws pounded the Descat down and drove a rain of blue sparks upwards. Split in three and laden with smoke, the Descat fell.

Sao took a long breath, and smiled.

"Sao," Bit's voice, "I just brought down the last Dark Spiner! How're things over there?"

"Not bad, Bit. Not bad at all."

"Wonderful display Sao!" the Doc called out. "That armor is just perfect for the Trinity!"

"Well, perhaps it's fitting," Alysia interjected, "That it stays there."

"What?"

"You hadn't given up the agreed amount for the last battle you lost, if I recall." She smirked.

"Were you- how did you? You weren't even there!"

"I was. I watched the whole thing from the outskirts. And if I recall, my armor sold for just about the amount you would've had to give to the Nova Team." Alysia grinned.

"Uh, guys! Help me out here!" The Doc called to his team members.

"Why Doc? Seems reasonable to me." Brad responded. "Like we were ever gonna see that prize money in the first place…" He muttered.

"C'mon doc, it's not like we could use most of those parts." Bit continued.

"But Bit! We could put those Dozer claws on the Schneider!"

"Would they be that much more effective than the Buster Slash?"

"Uhhh…" Doc turned to Brad, "Brad, we could put that gattling cannon on the Shadow Fox!"

"Doc," Jamie replied, "The Shadow Fox isn't designed for a large sustained recoil. It'd tip over with that thing on it!"

"But, but!"

"I could take the gattling!" Leena exclaimed.

"Okaaay, the Nova Team can keep the armor..." The Doc collapsed in his arms.

Sao chuckled, and was about to tell the Doc he didn't care, when a text message arrived on his console. "Late Happy Birthday. -Aly" Sao looked at his benefactor, and somehow, even though she'd already climbed back into her truck, he knew she was looking back.

"Attention all Zoid units! Attention all Zoid units!" A male voice rang out over the area, "This is the Zoid Battle Commission. Please maintain your current positions. Commission units will be entering the field to pacify the area and arrest the perpetrators for possession and usage of illegal weapons." On the horizon, a towering white Ultrasaurus, surrounded on all sides by white Command Wolves, advanced onto the field.

"Heh, welcome to the party!" Bit chuckled.

"Mr. Ensiné!" A transmission bearing the same voice went out to Sao. "Your statement was read to the Commission higher ups yesterday." Sao smirked. "As a potentially open act of rebellion against the Battle Commission, protocol dictates that you are to be arrested, pending on a full apology and retraction for your statement."

Sao nodded and after a long breath, responded. "I understand. I will not retract my statement, and come willingl-"

"One moment, Mr. Ensiné. In examining the statement and your battle records, not to mention the battles today, I have been instructed to read you a response."

"Oh. " Sao smiled. "Well sir, if it's feasible, I'd like for everyone to hear this response, my teammates at least."

"Certainly." The signal became public, and the representative read: "Sao Ensiné, your point is well made. For every mode removed from the Zoid Battle Commission's active repertoire, we lose a small part of the dynamism that makes Zoid Battle so compelling. However, if we were to allow this thinking to extend to its logical conclusion, that all modes should be preserved indefinitely, the Commission truly would find itself devoting an inordinate amount of its resources to the sustenance of modes that may legitimately be outdated, underused, or uninteresting. For this and other reasons, your advocacy for the cessation of mode removal as a function of the Zoid Battle Commission cannot be assented to."

Sao put his head down. "However," the man continued, " It is also clear that the Commission lacks a way to reinitiate modes whose intrigue would be beneficial to the collection of modes actively used. And it is arguably true that the Commission does not do enough to incentivise the usage of non-standard battle modes. Oh…" the Man seemed to find a footnote of some kind and searched around for the appropriate passage before continuing, "Addendum: in light of today's recent events, it is also substantively clear that non-standard modes still have significant utilitarian use as a training method for unprecedented and unusual situations in battle, which is of great interest to the Commission." Sao grinned.

"In conclusion, the Zoids Battle Commission would like to offer you, Mr. Ensiné, not only a pardon from the infractions potentially incurred by your statement, but a grant for the construction and at least 3 years of upkeep on a new Zoid battle sub-league, whose sole purpose shall be the promotion and assessment of unorthodox battle modes. In the process of running this League, you will be allowed and encouraged to experiment with now-defunct modes, with our permission. Should you find modes which are particularly captivating, they will be considered for reintegration into the Battle Mode Active Canon. An offer of this degree to a non-commission Warrior is without precedent, Mr. Ensiné. We look forward to your response. Signed, the Committee for Advancement of the Zoid Battle Commission."

"Well how about that Sao?" Ryan called cheerfully, "That worked out didn't it? Sao?"

Sao tried to speak, but found no words. He had the distinct impression he was crying, but he didn't know why.

"Sao, are you alright?" Eura asked.

Sao's tears blended into laughter. "I dunno guys. Running a league is a big job. I'm gonna need some assistants who know other battle modes if I'm gonna do it without losing my mind." He smiled as he never had before. His chest felt so light it could float away. "And I know you two love the battle scene… But… Ryan? Eura?"

"Yes, Sao?" Eura replied.

"Hm?" Ryan grinned.

"How you two feel about an early retirement?"

"What? To join you and make an entire new Zoid battle league?" Ryan said almost mockingly. "Hell, that's not an early retirement! That's a whole new, harder job!"

"That a no?" Sao asked.

"You kidding?" Ryan laughed and Eura joined, "When do we start?"
Back to top Go down
Ryan Apollos

Ryan Apollos

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record:
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:30 pm

Dream State Zi
Part 14

ONE YEAR LATER

Sao and Alysia parted lips. He was dressed in a sharp, clean jacket, black, white, and red to match the crimson gem in his silver ring. She wore a simple dress, of white and aquatic blue, to match the sapphire jewel on her golden ring.

"You'd better go dear. The world's waiting out there."

Sao stepped back. Down the sparkling new hallway, out the bright door, the roar of a crowd, an actual assembled crowd, rang through the air. Their faces couldn't be discerned in the light, but their voices sang with passion, excitement, thrill.

"The world can wait another minute." Sao said, turning back to Alysia for another kiss.

"Sao?" Ryan's voice came over the local communicator, "Are you making out with your wife again?" The couple broke. "Save it for tonight! We're getting started over here!"

"Be right there." Sao replied, and began walking down the hall. His wife watched him down the whole way, until his silhouette disappeared into the light of the stadium. Eura's voice announced his arrival.

"…all been waiting for, your host and organizer, fierce Warrior, and soon to be fiercer-Judge, the man of a thousand battle modes, Sao Ensiné!"

Sao ascended into one of three glass and steel podiums, each stationed at a corner of the arcing crowd stands surrounding the vast expanse of field below. Metal tiling lined the battle area, retractable, to facilitate the deployment of materials for the appropriate battle modes. Compact, yet bright lights lined the rim of the battle area, and dimmer, blue ones lined the top of the stadium itself – matches would not be limited by the time of day. But today, midday, the bright blue sky shown overhead.

The crowd roared.

"Welcome warriors and spectators, here today, and watching around the world, to the first battle held at the Nova Zoid Battle Stadium!" Sao began. The cheers were so loud, he figured the day would end before he could introduce the mode. He took the opportunity to get the less exciting elements out of the way. "We'd like to thank our sponsors. To the Ensiné Corporation, which generously volunteered to assist us in acquiring the land on which to build this Stadium. I assure you my name factored little into their decision." He chuckled to himself, though the audience was still cheering too much to hear, much less care, "To Café 0944, whose enthusiastic staff and delicious comestibles have supported us from the beginning and whose vendors are walking down the aisles now! I urge everyone to try their new Curry Cake – it is delectable. And finally to the Zoids Battle Commission, for their tremendous support and generous monetary grants which have allowed us to come before you today!" The cheering died down just enough to understand that the sponsors weren't that important, and then revved up again.

"Today's battle mode," The stadium went silent, "Is one that has not seen sanctioned use in over a century! You shall bear witness to its return to the Zoid Battle world!" The Stadium gave a raucous applause. "In the spirit of the old battle modes, we will be reviving an ancient tradition. You may have been wondering why there are three podiums scattered around the Stadium today, why there is no robotic judge present. Ladies and gentlemen, today and for almost every match at this stadium, humans will serve as your judges, as was custom in the oldest of Zoid matches." Polite clapping, as these facts had already been divulged elsewhere.

"Your judges today, to the left, Mr. Ryan Apollos!" A certain group of female fans shouted with glee. "At right, Ms. Eura Curae!" A separate group of male fans coo'd joyously at this. "And finally myself, Sao Ensiné. Decisions by us will require a majority rule. Our judgment may at times seem to lack mechanical precision, but it will incorporate a human's reason!" Sao smiled, knowing this was an innovation he found more interesting than most would, wondered how long it might stay practical, even within his own stadium, but didn't wonder too long; he wanted to savor the now, this moment he had only imagined for so many years prior.

At last he spoke. "Your competitors today," At this, Ryan activated a lift, which split a part of the stadium and lifted up an assembly of 3 highly customized Cannon Spiders. "The Arachno Team, and…" Another level pulled and across from the Arachno Team, a certain Elephander unit, a Storm Sworder, and a Madthunder. "
The Neophander Team!" Roars of approval for both.

"Those of you at home will soon be seeing the rules of this battle mode displayed on your screens. Those here will see them projected onto the glass displays build into each row." Excited muttering as rows of monitors build into the stands began lighting up. "Without further ado, we begin the first match of a new age!" Sao bowed, and Ryan and Eura followed. The crowd lost its sanity and must have spent a half-minute in impossibly loud applause.

At length Ryan put his hands up to signal the beginning and the crowd managed to contain itself.

Eura declared: "Area is scanned. Battlefield set. The Arachno Team vs the Neophander Team."

Ryan continued. "Battle Mode 0-7-2-5, code name, 'Paradigm Shift.'"

Sao looked to all sides, to the combatants below, to his friends beside him, to his wife, who waited behind him, and took a breath of the image he'd realized.

"Readyyyyy?" The crowd surged. The combatants wound up. The world held its breath.

"FIGHT!"

[b]=The Match=

A light swings back and forth making Ryan Apollos visible for a few seconds at a time.

Why the fuck do I have to face this guy again? 2 weeks ago he lasted all of 5 seconds. Why does he even think he believes he deserves to be in the same ring as me after all I had to do to beat him was one move? Why should I care about how to make it rain, how you used my name to describe how screwed up your brain is right now?

Apollos looks up at the camera and holds up a necklace with a rose and moon pendant on it.

You really think you have it bad that "she" isn't with you? It's been almost 3 years since I've lost Alexis and I'm still, in your words, lost. But it's more than that, every year, around her birthday, around the day I lost her, I have random memories bombard my mind and I lose sense of what is fact and what is fiction. You don't know what it's like to have someone you love out of your life. Your love is still on planet Earth, my love is no longer among us, she's in heaven and I'd give anything to have her back to make these torturous memories go away, to end my pain. But it isn't my time, it won't be, I have my path to heaven to fulfill and I am still only in the beginning of my path.

Apollos closes his eyes and sighs before grinning.

However I understand your pain, the fact that someone's gotten into your head by threatening those you care about. You're not 100% invested in our match and if you think you'd be able to "set the sun" without being 150% invested in this match, then the sun will go supernova on your ass and you'll be burned big time.

Apollos starts to laugh as the screen turns to static before fading to black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos   Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stormingraven [vs.] Ryan Apollos
Page 1 of 1