Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine Empty
PostSubject: Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 7:55 am

RP here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 pm

World Warriors
Prologue.

A boxing ring, and two pugilists duel, trading punches and dodging kicks and strikes like the skilled athletes they are before there is the spatter of blood on the canvas that desperately needs to be cleaned before a voice calls out form the back of the hall.

“Raine?!”

The Youngster changed his tack to pile his opponent up into the corner so he could lay a few punches in, his mouth sore form the right cross that had sent some of his blood to the canvas.

“I'm looking for Devlin Raine!”

Devlin sighed and pushed back, two quick jabs and a hook later the sparring partner went down and the man in the suit approached slowly as a title came up just underneath.

Raine's Gym, Chicago.

The young man slowly climbed between the ropes, removing his gloves as a couple more people came to help as Devlin spoke with that Chicago Clipped he'd earned in his time here.

“You wanted Devlin Raine, you found him what is this about Mister?”

The man slowly opened up his coat to reveal the bronze badge ta his waist and Devlin looked back up to the man;s face as he nodded towards the back and agave a wry smile.

“I think you'd better come in the back and talk,eh? Some of the boys here have priors.”

The office was a your typical Gym affair, poster of fighters, books laid open three chairs sit empty Devlin hesitates from taking the the one behind the desk as he turns on a kettle to make a cup of Joe for the detective who sits down quietly, admiring the place.

“So what's this about, Detective?”

The man's blue eyes scanned the room once more, settling on the fighter as he made the coffee, half paying attention to the policeman before he finally speaks.

“Kate Dempsey, what do you know about her?”

The memories that came back like a dagger in the mind, it was almost as if he was there.

Peru, 5 months ago

They were all dead, including her, laid on her back, perfect purple hair being splashed by water as she passed him the medallion, gold coated and etched with the eagle they'd just gotten, Devlin however wasn't really thinking about that as he tried desperately to lug the bullet wound and she gasped out softly.

“Promise Me..Devlin..”

Back to the gym office and Devlin's grim face as he turns back towards the suit coffee cup in his hand. Devlin tilted his head.

“What do you want from me? You aren't here on business because if you're throwing around Kate's name it means.”

The man smiled wolfishly form beneath his hat for a moment as he produced an envelope and stood up.

“Humour me Mister Raine, I want you there in a few days and I want you to bring your fighting gear, Word's gotten around maybe you can impress us..and earn what is yours once more. ”

It didn't take long for Devlin to make a choice, and a week later he was stood in the offices looking at a photograph of The leader of Shadlowloo, Stygian , a giant of a man known only by a codename given by a back office official, before another picture is flicked in front of Devlin's face which gets a noticeable reaction out of the young man.

Utah, 3 months ago

Devlin's face bounced off the concrete as his vision went blurry and the had gripped into his hair as he weakly reach out for the medallion, dopped once more onto the asphalt as The Steel Angel, dressed in his white suit and Devil may care smile bushed off the dust form the fight Devlin had just lost.

The grin was almost shark like as he spoke with sweet honeyed words.

“So you see Mister Raine, there is nothing you possess which I cannot gain I should thank you really, you did all the hard work for me, a Shame about Miss Dempsey, I rather liked her.”

Devlin made to gt up slowly but the strength in his legs abandoned him again, still he tried as The Angel pulled out his signature piece, chromed and polished to a high finish, an ivory handle with an ebony side to match, the a carving of an angel on both sides revealed why it was he was nick named the Steel Angel, and this weapon? His Absolution.

“Stay down boy.”

Now, location Undisclosed.

Devlin looked at the picture of the Steel Angel, his style hadn't really changed and he sighed softly looking over to the Interpol chief. Chief Inspector Casey was everything they said he was, impressive, a man itching to get out from behind the desk and into some -real- work, but politicians had a way of tying you down. And he was getting madder and madder by the minute about it, wanting to bust out form the suit he was dressed in and not some battle fatigues.

“So, what do I have to do?”

Prologue 2: Introductions

November 22, Place ..well I'm not sure any more.

What a fine old mess I've gotten myself into now, here I am flying my way back asswards towards some clusterfuck tournament for what? To get myself imprinted on the scene? To show I'm back and better than I ever was? Chance would be a fine thing.

But here I am sat on a plane, anyway and reading up on the l little info pack about the World Warrior circuit, It's a mixture of different fighting leagues held in well, does it really matter? The scoring is kept on some what of an honour system which -everyone- seems to obey, it's certainly no judges with scores bullshit, but it's certainly more honest than some sports I've watched, rules are simple.. Stay stood or don't tap out.. and you win.

Of course it wasn't so easy Organized crimes, Interpol and a nice sideline in treasure hunting meant that my life was once again about to get interesting after a while off the grid, long enough to train, long enough to be forgotten about.

But maybe for once if I kept my end of the bargain? These fucks would keep theirs and I'd get my life back, get everything back.

Chance would be a fine thing.

Devlin was nudged by the Man next to him and he glared up at him, eyes a little squinted as he strains past the sunlight filtering through the aircraft windows as they came in to land, without a sound Devlin was jerked to his feet and moved towards the door as Devlin blinked and spoke up.

“Wait, I thought we were landing? We aren't landing?!”

The man shook his head and opened up the door to expose the island as the lights flicked impressive about the chosen arena, seriously his island in the middle of nowhere , maybe the tropics? Well it showed off just how ludicrously wealthy their host was.

Devlin had to admit that Remington knew how to throw a tournament, right before he was being introduced to gravity and falling out he door with a simple exclamation.

“Fuck!”

A sudden yanking sensation And Devlin looked up to see the chute opens as he cursed some more and suddenly realized he'd have to figure out the landing, and all this to the Griffin Hawkins Sound track echoing through the natural bowl caused by the mountains the mansion and tournaments grounds were built into.

Rich fuck.

As He descended towards the mansion and the Start of the world Warrior circuit. He wondered just what it was I was getting myself in for. But he'd made a Promise dammit, and He was going to keep it.

Prologue End

And then of course we get to what we want to see, Devlin getting his ass handed to him again, by Alexander Raven, The words 'he'll have to shape up' or 'pull something out of the bag' Seriously, but was getting to be too fucking much.

Why should he even give a fuck anymore? SO what? The Impact Title should really be his? No now this was about something else , now this whole quest of his that bordered on insanity was to prove that h could actually hang in there.

But let's be fucking serious here, nobody expects Devlin to walk away form this, as the winner, no body even sees him as a credible threat to the Steel Angel, I mean why fucking bother?

Go home Loser .

If it was anyone else they probably would have walked away form this business after the glory days of UECW, After they realize they were losing the magic and they just didn't care for the business anymore, after realizing that all the business would do is shit and shit and shit on him until he couldn't take it any more and then he'd walk and they'd win.

And so we fade in on Devlin chopping at a tree out in the wilderness, why? Because it was good enough for Rocky Balboa and it's good enough for him, hell it;'s not just his pride on the line now it's his -ass- his body more than his soul, he has for get the rest and concentrate on Survival. He doesn't know that match type, voting hasn't finished yet and right now all there is is Canadian hillsides and the sound of the axe hitting pine.

“I have to do this now, better or worse.. heads or tails good or evil.. This isn't about the belt anymore, it's not about good or bad I realized a Long time ago nobody here has any faith in Devlin Raine, nobody here gives a fuck. So why Should I? I mean What is there to lose right? Not Remington, Not Stygian, not Anyone There's only one person I can rely on in this business and that's me.”

Another solid thwack into the wood punctuates his speech as he breathes hard, staying wrapped up and keeping his momentum rolling.

“Dueling Thieves has a ring to it, steal you opponent's moves? I mean theft id the theme of our little showdown isn't it? You'd think that was fitting Certainly I'd think it was.. An Angel and a Devlin going at it mortal man challenging the impossible..I suppose that is still how it is, but of course there's always another option”

A brief flash back to Devlin Holding up the Tower card form his last promo to Raven, a shout back quote from that very same one.

“Your card sir, I found it just for you it represents where you and Steel Angel sit..atop your tower, thinking you are untouchable, thinking all your deeds and plans are so very, fucking clever well me? I'm the lighting bolt, coming out of the blue..to make it all come tumbling down and bringing you to ruin.”

A flash back to here, to now as he looks at the axe and then again all the way to the top of this swaying tree he;'s having good damned go at chopping, fuck it's Thanksgiving, he should be at home, chilling..but no he's here working his ass off.

Because he needs to be ready, not half-assing it like he has been he -needs – to buck the fuck up, find That Devlin Raine who stared down Stygian and said 'I will not be moved' the Devlin who looked down at Oblivion.. and smiled before unzipping his fly.

He needed The Destiny Dealer, The Dragon Slayer.
Where the hell was he?

Another Axe impacts into the wood as he lets out a small shout of annoyance and looks back to the camera with a small amount of anger, maybe tears in his eyes, the sort of emotion you can't just fake as he speaks.

“That's the thing though isn't it Angel When oblivion comes and we stand there above the crowd, Or we duel for wards and backwards to hit our own moves on each other or one of us takes that long ...long fall surely ending our career and making the others It'll come back to ecstasy of old, the fame and the glory..and for the loser?..Pain..Endless pain knowing they came so very.. close..The Pride gone...and then what hrm? I have no doubt you'll come back form that Steel, you're strong! You're the next big thing! But what about me huh?! All I tired to do was shake shit u p a little make things -interesting- less tedious..and now..I'm faced with the biggest losing streak -of my career- and the end..And it's all my fault ..and yours.”

He turns to the camera now addressing the audience directly forgoing the usual subtleties to just let it out.

“That's right ,you the viewing audience, you know I thought I was one of you, I thought that I was one of the crowd, part of the people, for the people, I -thought-I was rabble rouser, and I was wrong..What I am is nothing more than a meat puppet for your sick sadistic amusement, if I lose, which you want to see. Judging by how things have been going, hell you people don't even believe I can win , some of you bitch that me even being hired was a -bad idea- so you will cheer and applaud as I lay -broken- on the floor and you know something?You fuckers should be ashamed of yourselves, because I all I ever hear form your side is about botches, fucked finishes , bad promos I see -every day- people talking about how they can run shit better how They would book it. Well if you think you're so -fucking good- then why aren't you in the business? Huh?”

Devlin smirks to himself softly.

”Not so fucking funny now is it? Back to Steel Angel”

Devlin idly pulls out the axe and swings again as he impacts against he wood.

”Now Steel, You'll make your usual arguments and what -really- pisses me off is the fact you brushed our encounter on the ladder as I t was nothing I -know- you still feel it, in the way you move , the way you stretch, the way you look at me and yet...It was just a walk in the park...And yet I'm the bad guy..”

A smirk and a slow shake of his head as the camera pulls back a little more to show more of the beautiful countryside around him, Canada in all it's purest beauty and We're not even sure how far away from Pick Your Poison Devlin really is, he's just here, alone chopping.

He deserved nothing less right now.

“I mean what did you do to get into that match with me in the first place ,whose asinine idea was it go 'hey we already got a number one contender, why just put him in a match against somebody and if that other guy wins we have a three way'..Who Thinks like that? Oh wait I forgot , this its the wrestling business, fair has nothing to do with it, only green they probably hoped you'd enter that Battle royal and when you didn't I t was 'oh shit w e can't let the unknown kid get this quick..let's fuck him!' It sounds like bitter grapes but damned right I'm fucking bitter! And now.. We face perhaps for one last time..And what is it Steel? I'm going to be humbled destroyed? Added to your list of 'legends' and Hall of fame holders and champions? ”

Devlin smacks the tree with the axe for punctuation a resounding echo bouncing around the pristine countryside.

”I've changed Steel, for better or worse, I wasn't sure if I liked what I was becoming, but I have to admit, it's bringing something in me I almost forgot was there, a drive to -beat the odds- To foil...Destiny The urge to stand loud and proud and say I don't care what yo u think of me, love me..hate me but you -will- respect me you will come to realise that win or lose in -any- of the stipulations I am -not- going to fade quietly into the night..”

Devlin looks up at the tree and smirks to himself as he starts to swing once more.

”Your move”

The camera keeps pulling back fading out on Devlin chopping at the tree , the sound being the last thing to go once everything else has slowly faded out.

Fin

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 5:29 pm

World Warriors:
Chapter 1: Remington Steal

Well, aside from a hard landing The mansion Remington had set up carved into the rock face for this small spree of 'rookies' was a master piece, something for everyone to get their hands in, Hell Devlin had already heard talk of the King of Fighters Champion Terry Bogard had been seen wondering around, which of course meant things were set to be difficult.

Devlin kind of liked difficult, t made the victory all worthwhile.
Devlin's job here was two fold, get introduced to the circuit as best he could , they didn't expect him to win anything after all he'd been absent form proceeding for too long for anyone to remember.

Second however was the difficult bit...
He had to get Alex Remington's attention, and that was harder than all the idols in the world.

The rules for this gig had been announced at a grand part by Mr Remington himself, all dressed up in a suit and looking suave as ever. He'd said the whole island was fair game including the mansion and all you had to do was challenge somebody, if you tapped out, knocked out or said you quit.. you were out.

Seemed simple enough.

All Devlin had to do now was find somebody to challenge, well the first challenge always drew a lot of attention he sighed and finished eating his canapé or what ever the hell I was being served and gently nudged the guy.

”Hey Douchebag..Wanna kick this party off in style and fight right here..right now?”

The Man, who was a man mountain to say the least, heavily tanned, hair tied behind his head and now raising an eyebrow whilst her glared at the smaller Devlin almost confused and a bit amused at this challenge.

“What? I think Mr Remington means tomorrow, we only just got here.”

”He never said when, wha's sa matter? Afraid you'll lose?”

Apparently that was good enough to get a reaction as the man threw a punch Devlin had hoped was coming, anger made him sloppy and the Chicago native sung underneath it, being as he was in his guard, reaching up to grab that lump of hair and kick at the man's knees as he pulled and introduced him head first to the snack table made of reinforced glass.

That, was going to hurt, it also wasn't enough to put him down, as this unnamed meatslab started to push back up, obviously groggy and Devlin bounced back a little to let him up, as per unofficial honorifics stated.

”That's a Yes right?”

The small circle that was now clearing about them and the bale said it all, Devlin slid into his comfortable, if slightly unusual stance. You had your Shotokans with Ken and Ryu your Sumo and E. Honda Let's face it Devlin's mixed up Style wasn't really something you'd see, bits and pieces from everywhere, boxing, kickboxing, judo, wrestling, and then the special Ingredient. Krav Maga.

Of course it was bad form to give out intentional breakages in this arena, So non of that. A liberal amount of reading upon Chi and well Devlin had all the makings of a top rate World warrior and here was a chance to prove it.

His opponent was still angry, and a little daze, rushing Devlin with a cry of anger, it's funny how when you're doing this it almost devolves into backwards and forwards, and up..Never for get up.

So Devlin stepping around to hit a low sweep as his opponent roared towards him seemed to surprise both him, and the audience that was now watching.

That Audience included Alex Remington.. OK..so this was a good plan, now he just had to win

Which was actually harder then it sounded, given this meatslab was once again pushing up from the floor in a more fluid motion, now Devlin got a good look at his stance, It was a Western Kickboxing style, which would explain his build and the way he moved, throwing a kick which Devlin blocked this time, staggering a bit as the man switched momentum to drop the first foot down and try to kick Devlin's head off.

It was like slow motion for Devlin as he slid in and ou to catch the leg at his shoulder knee hust bleo his and taking some of the blow , but not enough as he swept and put the guy down making him land hard on his back and shoulders pressure added to the knee as he pushed forwards, it wouldn't take much to break the knee at that point but he deigned not to, turning under the hold he currently had to make the incoming kick from the free leg all the harder to reach him.

Three trips to the floor for the man was starting to make him more mad, despite the pressure on his knee he pushed enough to make Devlin step away before standing up with a roll on the balls of his feet. Devlin meanwhile stayed exactly as he was, but rolled his neck.. OK..enough fucking around, time to make a point.

The guys moved in again with a snap front kick, Devlin stepped back as the kick was then exchanged for a snap jab and a hook trying to close the distance, once that was done he'd launch a knee to the face and well Devlin would be in trouble.

Unless Devlin did something else. At the jab Devlin moved to back it inwards as he stepped out, a quick punch to the man's kidneys making him feel the mistake a bit, then before the man could really respond an elbow from his other arm would snap around to the back of his head whilst Devlin kept up the momentum and stay eat the man's back to hit another strike to the other kidney.

The man would turn to try the classic back spin kick, Devlin stepped in once again to knock the man's base out from underneath him as hard as he could dropping the STO onto the table once more and putting the man down for a while.

As Devlin dusted himself off and waited to see if the man would get back up, he realised it was over as people came to pick up the man and he glanced up at the suit that stood at the balcony and Devlin shrugged.

”No Time like the present, right?”

As if in response the Rich boy smiled sly and spoke the man who seemed to melt out of the shadows, before he moved away and everyone realised slowly that Devlin had indeed been right.
Meanwhile elsewhere, other eyes had watch this exchange with great interest, and it seemed that Devlin Raine was back out in the world.

The boss had to know, now.
To be continued

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Devlin stands inside the MTS centre, the ring crew are putting everything together, the surrounding struts that form the 20 foot by 20 foot square that will form the base of the night's proceedings.
Devlin starts to walk upwards into the Where the front row will be, then he keeps going up towards the back, the nosebleeds, the highest seats of the arena as he talks now.

”Tonight, this is where the magic happens. Tonight, Titles change or don't change ..Tonight, The poison is picked and we drink, entirely unafraid no matter what and I still don't know which poison wits in store for me..The big drop, the big steal .. or a glass table ”

Devlin started to chuckle as he carried on up the stirs, letting the camera follow what seems to be a pre-event ritual as he counts off the rows and seats looking left and right, stopping to pick what he seems to think is the best seat, somewhere up in the nosebleeds , looking down at the night's arena takes shape and he heaves out a small sigh.

”What gets me is I know Steel will say something and it'll be fantastic, as usual, the Angel is ready to fly, no matter what, and here I am, what am I ready to do doesn't matter to you people, does it? But I'm going to fight anyway, not for you, not for that fucking belt, but for me and I already said this before I know, I mean I'm going over the same ground here but let me ask you this loving, paying audience..Have any of you been in the position of being the bad guy? Let me tel lyou it happens to more of us every fucking day then we care to admit..Meter Maids as they're called they get the shitty job of a having to walk up and down outside in retarded weather. And when they have to do their job? They're bad guy.”

Devlin shakes his head and smirks.

”No, I'm not the bad guy..What I am is only human. Jealous, battered, bruised and hurting..Like the rest of you, I dare you to say you might -not- have done what I did in my position in a work environment where mental games are a key aspect, to get into the head of another man? It's worth it's weight in gold, as it stands Steel angel has gotten into mine ..and it's driving me nuts. ”

The youngster kicks up his feet, trying to imagine cheers and boos echoing throughout the arena, the chants and jeers making your heart pump, the adrenaline working hard.. In all his time he's learned it doesn't matter if it's a crowd of 70 or 70,000 ..The crowd is what keeps you going sometimes. No matter the reaction.

”I thought as it was I'd try and ge t as close to heaven as I'm ever going to get whilst in Canada, I'm not a perfect man, I'm not even a religious man, but as it stands I am fighting the Steel Angel and My only aim right now..is to make him fall, because I just -love- taking somebody down a peg or two, wiping that arrogant smile off a guy's face.”

Devlin's arms spread out wide as he puts on his best arrogant smile ,which he's pretty good at and it slowly dissipates, returning to that sad look of almost horror.

”That look. It's amazing When the guy realized that thinking he's above you was the biggest mistake of his life and to realise that it's all come to nothing? fucking priceless!

Devlin gives himself space to chuckle a little apparently pleased with the notion of bringing down Steel a peg or seventy, maybe that was the real goal now Losing or wining wasn't really important, revenge was the goal, as selfish as it was he still wanted it, to get even with that jackass.

“I decided when these matches were announced tat It didn't matter which one I was competing in, I'd give the best showing I could, an let the cards fall where they may, but the thing is as time has gotten closer I find the uncertainty of it daunting I mean It could be -any- of the matches still, the jury is still out, and let's face it I Duelling thieves Steel Angel has the -easier- job of taking my moves ..The Trip to Oblivion? Well seriously that's just one of the matches that defines careers, no mater who wins and in all honesty? That's the match I'd rather have..it's just perfect. And finally the most dull of the matches The glass tables Joy... I credit the audience with enough intelligence not to pick that one simply because it -is- the most dull.”

Devlin chuckles a little idly muttering to himself f briefly al-a a crowd chant.

“Let's go Devlin , Devlin sucks..”

He lowered his head again, looking down at the arena floor and nods as he stands up with a smile to the camera, almost self-assured as he glares down the lens speaking quite softly now.

“Talk is cheap Steel, and the hour grows near, soon we'll stand opposite each other and weather I think it's about it or not.. that Title will hang in the balance..Pride will hang in the balance, fame, life.. It doesn't matter only who is left standing really.. We'll see won't we Steel..We will see..”

Devlin starts to head down the stairs again and picks up a set of hard wearing loves to hop back to what he was doing before he talked to the camera.

Fin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Souls and Swords chapter 8: War of Tradition.

Yuko closed his eyes, his hands gripping the reigns of his horse but the steed doesn’t need any guidance from him. He just allowed the steed to move on its own accord, the sound of pounding hooves and marching feet linger just a few a short distance behind him. Opening his eyes, he takes in the barren empty sight before him. His gaze then moves upward into the night sky, the stars shining into the blackness. It's been many hours since Yuko had left the kingdom of Meceria behind him, since then his mind wondered......his thoughts drifting away. The scouts returned just mere moments after Yuko had agreed to undertake this heavy burden, the moment could not have been any better. Nightmare was seen heading east across the Forsaken Province, a field once glad with rich farm land and houses but now mostly barren. The barbarian hoard has long since taken over the land, devouring livestock and burning the buildings to make room for their huts. This is their home and Nightmare is going into the very heart of it.

There would be a few reasons as to why he would make the trip; one would of course be to test his power against the rugged barbarians. Another and perhaps more likely scenario is because there is a pathway that leads all the way back to Ingram, if Nightmare where to reach it there's no telling how much destruction he would cause or how many lives he would claim. Ingram is a fast growing city, said to be the new home of Corey who moved out of Eden not too long ago to rebuild his kingdom. If Nightmare is heading there, he's likely to encounter Corey's army.

Yuko is determining to make sure he doesn’t make it that far.

Just then the barbarian stronghold appears in view, Yuko pulls out his sword and the others follow suit. The large wooden gate stands before him, with two watchtowers and a long wooden fence that stretches for miles. His eyes dart around the towers, unsure of whether or not they notice him or not. Not willing to take any chances, Yuko slaps the reigns and spurs his steed forward. Marley and Jones would follow closely behind.

The main stronghold centers around a series of huts, made from oak and straw from the fields, the largest hut stands in the far center, with two torches burning brightly near the entrance. Inside is the leader Ethan, clad in a thick coat made from a grizzly bear, with a leather belt and a long thick loincloth that extends to his knees. He sits on his throne, flanked by two beautiful concubines. His beaming face as the woman please him with their gentle touch, he runs his hands across their smooth features. Suddenly a guard barges in, he kneels before the leader who scowls at him as he dismisses his servants with a wave. The women reluctantly move to the far side as Ethan straightens himself up, his angry eyes centered on the man before him.

Ethan: *growling* This had better be good.......

Guard: My king, we're being attacked!

Ethan: By whom?

Guard: I'm not sure; they look like Robbieson's men, a whole lot of em!

Ethan closes his eyes as he grits his teeth in silent fury, bad enough that he was interrupted from his pleasurable company, now his village is under attack. He stands up from his chair, a snap of his fingers from his gloved hand.

Ethan: My hammer and bow if you will.

The two concubines scramble as they grab the large war hammer from the wall and hand it to him. They would run towards the other side where the hunter's bow and a quiver of arrows rest. Once Ethan had his weapons in hand, he takes a few steps before the guard and gestures for him to rise.

Ethan: Death to all who invade my home!

He charges past the guard, nearly knocking off his feet, he recollects himself and hurries after him.

Yuko lashes out with his sword and swings low at a charging foe, taking out one of his legs. He follows with an overhead swing that finishes him off. He turns in time to see another one moving towards him, he backhands with his shield, spinning him around just so he could thrusts his sword right through the backside of his chest. The battle is in full blood, knights and barbarians fighting in full force. Marley and Jones fight together, their backs just a few inches from each other. Having fought together for so long, the two siblings work as a perfect team, slicing through incoming barbarians with ease. Ethan looks on as he just enters the battlefield, dead bodies of ally and foe littered around him, he pulls out an arrow. His aim is perfect as he takes out a knight on horseback with his shot, his arrows designed to pierce the tough hides of grizzly bears and other wildlife, has no trouble going through standard metal plating. He fires a few more arrows, killing off one or two knights at a time. Once his arrows are gone, Ethan brandishes his hammer and charges in.

Meanwhile Yuko keeps fighting through, his blade finding home with each strike. The power and sharpness of this weapon puts his old sword to shame as he is cutting through these guys like a hot knife through butter. He takes one massive swing and takes out three men in a half circle. To the left of him, Marley ducks an ax being swung at her; she counters with a cut down the waist and brings the blade backwards with a well placed stab on the neck. She then looks up as Ethan plows his way through a group of knights. He sees Marley, his hammer clutched tightly in his hands he charges towards her with a speed of a man half his size. She barely has time to get her shield up before the blunt end of the hammer knocks her back; she lands hard on the dirt, the armor holding as it breaks her fall. Jones turns to see Ethan holding his hammer over his head, ready to finish her off. He moves in but is intercepted by four barbarians who block his path. As he fights them off, Marley attempts to pull back; she sees her sword and attempts to grab it. A large boot crushes down on her hand, letting out of cry of pain. She looks up at the imposing figure of Ethan, his face a angry sneer. He brings his hammer right down on her skull; the force alone would cave her head flat. Just as Marley closed her eyes and accept her faith, the hammer's decent is stopped. She opens them up to see a person standing before her, his sword grinding against the handle of the hammer. He pushes Ethan back, causing him to stagger a few steps. Ethan who didn't expect a knight to be able to block his hammer, was taken aback by this new challenger. He raises his hammer once more, ready to face this foe head on. The knight ducks his swing and comes back with a strike of his own, Ethan barely moves out of the way. The knight recovers quickly and takes another swing that Ethan barely ducks under it, a barbarian fires an arrow that the knights who blocks it with his shield. Ethan takes advantage of the slight distraction and goes for an uppercut swing. His opponent just manages to tilt his head back to dodge the attack, though the blow hits with enough force to knock his helmet off. Marley, who has been watching this fight, sees the face of her savor as he recollects himself. Yuko stands before his foe, his long black hair blowing against the wind. He brings his hand down on the arrow that was attached to his shield, snapping it clean off. Ethan moves in with an overhead swing, Yuko simply step sides the attack and counters with a flurry of swings. His first swing hacks off Ethan's left hand, the next one almost takes his arm off, Yuko then throws his shield in a mid turn as a barbarian runs in to save his leader. The edge of the shield hitting him right on the chin and sends him on his back. Yuko takes the sword of his fallen foe and turns around in time to see Ethan attempt to swing his hammer at him with his only good arm. He dodges it and chops the other hand causing him to drop the hammer; he follows with another flurry, raining strike after strike that cut right through Ethan's bear skin armor. Yuko ends the attack by impaling both swords into Ethan's chest; at this point Ethan is bleeding from the corners of his mouth. His breathing becoming more difficult, pain shooting through him as the steel digs deep into his flesh. Ethan can only falls to his knees as his hands grab the blades, attempting to pull them out but with little success. Yuko who has been watching him decided that he's suffered enough and yanks both swords out, granting Ethan a short reprieve before he brings both blades right across his neck, severing it from his body as the blood spits out.

Ethan's death could be seen from the remaining barbarians whose very moral drops at the sight of their beloved leader's body falling into the dirt. The knight redouble their efforts, killing the horde by the dozens, those that remained would retreat from the battlefield. Yuko stood over to Marley who is still on the ground; he extends his hand to her.

Yuko: You alright?

She smiles and takes his hand, he helps her back to her feet while the knights move forward, stepping over dirt and dead bodies.

Marley: Thank you Yuko, you saved me back there.

Yuko: That makes us even.

She nods, knowing all too well what he meant by that. Jones would apper before them, his armor stained with blood.

Jones: Thank god you're safe Marley.

Marley: its fine brother, Yuko defeated him. Judging from his appearance he must have been their leader.

Jones: Makes sense, they retreated after witnessing his demise. *Turns to Yuko* We should ask these heathens about the Azure knight, perhaps they might know something.

Yuko nodded; if Nightmare came this way then it’s very possible he ran across this stronghold. Although he found it rather odd that Nightmare given what he was told about him, would leave a place like this completely unscathed. Perhaps he knows he's being chased? Or maybe he didn't see this place as a threat to him? Regardless of the reason, these people must know something about him........and can lead them straight to him.

Yuko is about to move forward when Jones stops him, a helmet clutched in his hand.

Jones: You might need this.

He nods to Jones and takes the helmet from him, replacing it back on his head. They move up to the huts where the knights round up any prisoners willing to surrender. Most of them didn't put up a struggle however Yuko can see a large gathering of what remain of the Barbarian horde standing before the large hut. Their weapons ready but Yuko can see in their eyes that they are uncertain of whether they are willing to fight or not. That uncertainty becomes clearer when they see Yuko approach them. They haven’t forgotten the one who slay their leader, for someone to achieve a feat like that must mean they are extremely skilled.........and thus someone who should be feared.

Yuko looks at the horde through his helmet, his voice loud enough for them to hear.

Yuko: Barbarians of the Forsaken Provence, I'm Yuko of Marceira. I'm here in search of a man named Nightmare.......do you know of him?

They all looked at each other with some hint of guilt, a few moments later a man steps up. He looks at his brethren, some of who are shaking their heads at him. He ignores them and turns back to Yuko.

Barbarian: We know of this Nightmare, he came to our leader, promising gifts and pleasurable company. In return we allowed him passage and with this message: To prevent a man named Yuko from passing through.

This caught Yuko's attention seems Nightmare knows about him. But how though? It's not possible......unless what Yuko was being told is in fact true, that Nightmare is his brother.

Still though that doesn’t make any sense, why would his brother not want him to follow? Also why would Nightmare enlist the aid of a group of Barbarians?

Something tells him that he is getting very close to finding him, Yuko looks at the barbarian.

Yuko: Where is he now?

Barbarian: He's heading down south, to the trail that leads to Ingram.

Ingram, sources say that Nightmare might be heading there. If so then Yuko must hurry, he can't allow Nightmare to reach the city.

Yuko: I thank you.

He gets on his horse and the others followed through the path, the hoard dosen't dare make a move, least not until they vanish completely. The others turn to the lone man who spoke to Yuko, their weapons drawn.

Horde: Traitor!!

Barbarian: I only did it to save us, you saw what he did to our leader! We would have suffered the same fate!

They weren’t having any of it; they tore him apart and killed him. Still though without a leader and most of the group dead it will be some time before they can recover from this ordeal.

Meanwhile Yuko races through but is stopped by Jones, he halts his steed and the others did the same.

Yuko: What is it?

Jones: This isn't right; the Nightmare I knew would have slewed those barbarians without a thought!

Yuko: What are you saying?

Jones: I'm saying that something is out of place! Since when did Nightmare make deals with others?

Yuko: Look there's no time to think about it! Every moment we sit here and figure it out means he'll be that much closer to Ingram. We can't dwell on this Jones; we have to find him and fast!

Although Jones was hesitant, he never the less nodded in response, what Yuko said is right: They can't think about the turn of events when they have Nightmare on the run. Yuko rears his horse and moves on and the rest follow from behind, the race is on as they follow to where the path that leads back to Ingram awaits.

Soon we will find him Yuko thought, indeed the moment of truth is upon him.

He's closing in on Nightmare; all of his questions will be answered.

Little does he know however, that the truth will come sooner than he may think.

And he will not like what the truth has in store for him.

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited by Steel Angel on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 11:13 pm

The scene opens with Steel Angel entering the backstage area; here they already have the Trip to Oblivion design set up. He walks up to the side as the workers move in to put the finishing touches, taking care not to bump into any of the workers as they move as quickly as they can to make sure this setup is ready for the match. Steel with his hands in his pockets, dressed in his street attire which consisted of a gray sweater with a Steel Angel logo plastered on the back, his hood just draping over his head though much of his face is exposed. His black pants and sport shoes to match his style, however this appearance is only temporary as he will soon be donning the warrior tunic and karate style pants that reflect his very being. The workers have finally finished, many of them leaving to get some food or take a piss. Yuko stays where he is, his gaze looking up at the imposing contraption before him. He steps into the large ring that makes the first plateform, his hand running across the steel scaffolding that surrounds. He uses the ladder that was set in the center to enter the 2nd floor, soon enough he climbs out of the trapdoor and closes the lid. Standing up to see the insides of the plexiglass box, taking note of the various leather straps that hang from the ceiling, knowing that those very straps will be replaced with different weapons. Everything from chairs, barb wire bats, trash cans, anything that can be hanged from the ceiling will be. He turns to another ladder, smaller and shorter than the one on the first level, he climbs the rungs and is careful to open the trap door above him. Once he was out, he closes the door and sets it firmly in place. Here is the third and final level, a wrestling ring, much smaller than your typical ring. Here is where high flyers will have the greatest advantage, as the smaller size makes it easy for them to set up their attacks and the foe won't have as much time to recover. However this ring is also a double edge sword as it makes it really to get thrown off, a fact that Yuko has learned the last two times he's been thrown off this very structure.

But this was different, while Yuko has the advantage in the fact that he knows this match better than anyone else, given the fact that it is his brain child. Still the experience factor can only get you so far in a match as dangerous as this; Yuko has yet to win this match. Tonight he tends to change that fact; tonight everything is on the line: His title, his reputation, pretty much his whole credibility is at stake. What better way to settle it all then in this very match that he made, a match that he has yet to win in?

Yuko took a moment to reflect, he remembered the first ever Trip to Oblivion match. It was back at Dominion Wrestling, he was fighting against the Spite champion Amidi who claimed to be the best high flyer in the company. Yuko resolved to test that claim and both men came out strong going into their feud which was made out of pure respect and the title of best high flyer. It wasn’t as much about the belt as it was just who is the better man, Yuko knew there was only one way to settle it: A match purely made from the corners of his mind. How he came up with the design is anyone's guess, only the man himself knew the answer.

Funny enough, he wasn’t entirely sure how he came up with the idea, it just came at him like a light bulb that just turned on, a handshake and a contract signing later the Trip to Oblivion was born.

The first match was a draw; it was a brutal battle of sheer will power and high flying arsenal. Both men brought their best; they hit each other with move after move, counter after counter. The crowd loved it; they were on the edge of their feet from beginning to end. Then Amid nailed his finisher and set Steel on the table, making the climb to the 3rd and final plate form. He perched himself over the turnbuckle and took the leap of faith, Steel remembered just barely moving out of the way as he crashed just a few feet from him. Amid had crashed right threw the table and Steel would have another one set up, he took the guy on his shoulders, making the long tiresome climb to the top just as Amid did moments ago. He had him set up on the top rope, positing him for the Final Judgment. Two front flips and time just stood still, as Steel and Amidi plunged over 20 feet right down the table that he had just set up. The impact caused the wood to shatter in a million pieces, splintered wood and battered bodies laid on the ground. EMTs rushed in with stretchers while the crowd was going completely nuts. The match was ruled a draw, neither man could best the other and thus the debate was never settled.

But that seem so long ago for Steel, he had grown so much in that time, learned from his past mistakes. Now he stands on this very plateform, he pictured in his mind tens of thousands of people on their feet, cheering for him. He takes his High Impact belt and holds it in the air for everyone to see, brasking in their cheers. That image fades away, as Steel sighs.

Steel Angel
It's amazing how things turn out the way they did, sometimes I look back and think to myself "What would have happened if I didn't win the title?" Well.....for one thing we wouldn’t be here, moments from now, about to engage in what is considered to be the most dangerous match since the Double Cage Horror. This is what awaits you Devlin, the votes speak for themselves, they wanted it and they are going to get it. Tell me something Devlin: Is it worth it? Is it worth stepping into this very domain to claim what you have said for quite some time to be yours?

He walks around the ring, looking down below, good thing he isn't afraid of heights as it is a long way down. Over 20 feet down to be exact and both he and Devlin will be fighting to throw each other into the depths below.

Steel Angel
This whole thing started with Parker, him running his mouth while flaunting that new title that he made for himself. You had just become the next contender for his belt by winning an over the top rope battle royal. So naturally you were the next in line. But then management had to throw in a curve didn't they? Funny thing was I asked for it, I really did. I didn't really want the title; I just wanted to shut Parker up. But to do that however, I had to take his belt from him. You can argue that I didn't deserve a shot that I jumped in while you were focusing on Parker and took you off your game.

Steel smirks.

Steel Angel
But in all honesty? You have no one to blame but yourself Devlin. Why you may ask? Well it's simple: You had a chance to remove me from the title hunt completely. All you had to do was defeat me; I just came out of losing a shot at the Heavyweight title in the six pack challenge. I was at my weakest, and you hit me with everything you had and it just wasn’t enough. I pinned and defeated you and just like that your chances have went from 50/50 to about 35%, thing is those odds don't just apply to you Devlin, they apply to everyone in that match. The match came, Parker was taken out the match, it came down to you and me. I was at the top, feeling light headed from the lost of blood, my hands just inches away from the strap. You could have just pushed the ladder away and cause me to fall, instead you attempted to climb thinking you would be able to get to me in time. You were one step too slow and an inch too short, once again you were denied. Sure I bragged about hardly breaking a sweat back there but really? That was because I expected so much better from the both of you. I mean come on Devlin, you almost had me the first time we fought, where was that same fire during that TLC match? Instead you decided to play it safe and hope that me and Parker would take each other out. When that didn't work, you attempted to take me down when Parker fell into that table outside. I overpowered you and took my chance; it was a chance that would change everything.

He then grabs the top rope with his hands, feeling the texture of the material on the rope.

Steel Angel
After Violent Impulse it went from shutting up Parker to protecting the title from Devlin. Let me be the first to say I understood your intentions, I could even go so far as to say I had it coming. But really now, selling yourself over to Chuck Matthews? It's a beginner's trap; Philip made that mistake and look what happened to him. While your anger and frustration was indeed understandable, you made the biggest mistake when you decided to steal my belt only because you couldn’t win it in a fair fight.

His expression changes suddenly, his smile now gone and replaced with a more serious look.

Steel Angel
You thought that with Chuck's MEN security at your side, "your title" would be safe from me right? WRONG! A couple of bodyguards are nothing to me and breaking into a locker room is pretty easy if you know what you’re doing. I went in, took the belt back and left just in time to deal with Parker. You tried to sneak in and steal it again without me knowing but of course you weren’t counting on me throwing myself towards you now did you? Then fast forward to when I took out Ethan, you thought you were clever in using your music to distract me so that you can attack while I wasn’t aware. News flash genius, I've done that stunt before. I tend to know when people are behind me, a result of having a scary half brother surprise you with the whole "lights out, lights on I'm right behind you" trick.

Steel sits in the very center and looks around, the crew have been gone for some time and are likely to return at any moment. This would be a good time for him to end this before they show up to take the structure away to be installed for tonight's match.

Steel Angel
You said you've changed Devlin, indeed you have. Trust me I know what it's like: To try and overcome the odds and not being able to have an answer. It has happened to me so many times in the past, it happened to me when I lost my Heavyweight title to Chad Mason a few months back. It happened to me when I fought in the six pack challenge and failed to win it; tonight though I won't have to worry about that. For once the pressure is not on me, it's on you Devlin. You're stepping into an environment that you know nothing about, you're fighting against a guy who has beaten you on two separate occasions and has for the most part denied you every change you had at revenge. I have all the momentum in the world right now, reminds me of when I fought Aric Voss in the very first Trip to Oblivion match that IWF had. I was on a ten streak, I was the New Blood champion, I held victories over the Heavyweight and High Impact champion. However I was young and foolish but more importantly I was overconfident. That alone cost me everything, my title, my streak, my momentum. I dropped like a rock in a river and hit level ground.

He gets up and stretches out, cracking his neck from side to side.

Steel Angel
But that was over a year ago, I've learned so much during that time. I'm stronger, faster, smarter but most importantly I'm not as foolish or as overconfident as I was before. You're not fighting the old Steel Angel Devlin; if you did you would have won the first round between us. No you are fighting a determined Steel Angel, a much wiser and more focus Steel Angel. You made a statement about how I sit on top of a tower, thinking I'm untouchable. Funny you say that Devlin, once upon a time a man named Robbie Hart said to me that he is untouchable after he used a bias ref to defeat me. I showed him just how "untouchable" he really was, not only he was very touchable but he was also beatable. I should know, I've beaten him four times in a row. In truth no one is untouchable Devlin, I know that, I've learned it the hard way. I'm not arrogant as you claim I am, you're just a bitter man who is trying to find the answer in the bottom of every barrel and always coming up empty. Well tonight I aim to drive the final nail in the coffin in this fight between us, I'm more than ready for you Devlin, I can only hope for your sake you can say the same for me.

He then makes his climb down, making sure that the ladders remain in their exact place. Wouldn’t matter much anyway since they will remove the ladders once they move the arena into place. He makes it to the bottom and jumps off the platform, his timing was perfect, the backstage workers move in past him getting ready to move. Steel takes one last look at the contraption, a small smile on his face.

Steel Angel
You're right about one thing Devlin: Talk is cheap; I mean I've had to deal with trash talkers all the time. You're just the next link in the never ending chain. You'll try to talk a big game like you did the last two times and like before you're going to end up just a bit short. Perhaps one day you will become a champion that anyone can relate to, today is not that day. It's my turn to shine.

He turns away and walks out, the camera stays on him until he fades from view, and then the camera turns to black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine   Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steel Angel [vs.] Devlin Raine
Page 1 of 1