Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PYP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

PYP Empty
PostSubject: PYP   PYP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Pick your Poison is fully posted people, please read and provide some good feedback. I know it's a day late but hey, I had to lose some sleep just to get this turkey in so please read and give us some feedback.

And don't worry, you won't be penalized if you dont but just some feedback is nice.
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PYP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PYP   PYP I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:36 am

Thank you, Steelio, for posting this thread...I only say that because I legit was just going to start this thread myself just now but you saved me the trouble!

So...to start things off, i just want to say how proud i am of this PPV. I think that the writers we are grooming to be future admins are really starting to show a lot of potential and really start to feel comfortable with the system of match writing and such we have here in IWF. Also, I feel as though Steel Angel has also begun to truly find his groove and is becoming more and more comfortable with his role as an admin here in IWF with each passing day!

Griffin Hawkins started us off with an amazing intro and then an awesome match between Sean Libby and Gordon Fury! Griffin has had some awesome storyline ideas and some awesome future visions when it comes to storylines ever since we brought him in to the IWF Creative group. With each passing week, Griffin is showing more and more of his true ability and a growing sense of comfort with the system. However there are some things he does need to work on. Such as:

-Making sure he gets the flow of conversation right [this is something Alexander Remington and some others from UECW struggle with when writing conversations for segments and such. It looks like this boys

Corey Casey
You're going to die, Stygian!

Stygian
Fuck yourself, Casey

-Griffin [and you too Gordon] also need to work on including the match GFX that we include before every match. This also brings to light that some of the newer admins and show writers need to remember, the goal of any show is not only to entertain...but try to be as fluid and as uniform as possible. This is something that is challenging for any TEAM of admins...if only because u do have more than just one person writing the show. All admins should try and go back and re-read old shows to try and get a sense as to how the flow of the show looks in terms of the intro, GFX used throughout the show, proper coding for Heather Thompson, conversations, segments, etc.

-Griff...and Gordon while i'm thinking about it...you boys need to have the confidence to post your own shit LOL. As much as i appreciate you guys pm'ing your matches and segments to me for proper editing and such...i can't keep doin' it LOL. It's time for mama bird to let her little chicks fly on their own! And don't worry...if you guys fuck up too badly, i'll edit your shit for you right on the show Razz

Anyways, Gordon Fury had the next chunk after a projectile vomiting Angelica Monroe disappeared for 24 hrs. Gordon...a big thank you is in order for you mandem so...ya know...thank you...

AREN'T YOU GOING TO SAY YOU'RE WELCOME?!

PYP Image

Trollface.jpg

I had the next part and my show writing abilities kick fucking ass so i'm not at all worried, nor do i have any complaints about my writing bit because i rule Razz

Steelio had the hardest chunk of the show though. The Hawk's Nest match and the Trip to Oblivion match were no fucking joke and were some of the closest voted matches on the card [besides the main event]. Steelio was pumped to finally be able to write his own damn match [I had written the last two Trip to Oblivion matches...despite Steelio coming up with the concept of the match] so he finally was able to rise to the occasion and show everyone what he could do when given a chance to write TTO. And he didn't disappoint! But, much like what seems to happen in some form or another here in IWF, real life had to stick her bitch nose in where it didn't belong and fuck with us all and prevent us from posting the show within 48 hrs Sad but it's ok because Steelio's matches were pretty sick Razz

And then were was the main event...if i've said it once, i've said it a million times...Stygian can write Corey Casey like no one else...including me!!! Styg is definitely our guy in the clutch when you need a high quality, stuff of legends match and you need it to be fucking beyond words awesome! Styg has proven time and again that he is the fucking man with the plan and that he can write epic matches that leave you breathless while you read them. HE did it with Styg vs CC in the Hellzone...and Styg delivered once more with this instant classic that saw Parker Wayde finally rise up, achieve the crown he was destined to wear, and de-throne the Black Dragon from his pulpit. You know, it makes me laugh when people criticize IWF and say that only the admins get to be the champs and that the admins never ever lose because we fix match results. It makes me laugh when people point at Stygian and say "HE'S IWF'S GOLDEN BOY! STYGIAN WINS EVERY MATCH BECAUSE HE IS AN ASS KISSER AND THE ADMINS NEVER EVER EVER WANT HIM TO LOSE!"

You know why that makes me laugh? Because PYP just fucking happened that's why! Because the admins CAN and often times DO lose. Because in all honesty, just like it says at the bottom of every single card, IF YOU TRY IN IWF, YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!! We're not like other bullshit feds where the admins pick their favorites and rig matches to make their own characters look like badasses all the time or rig matches to make sure their friends win every single time. In IWF...if you show up and show up big and put forth the effort and give the people what they want...YOU WILL WIN! It's that simple folks, just give the people what they want and show us you give a fuck about your character and about IWF and you will win! The main event of Pick Your Poison II showed that!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Shooter Davis

Shooter Davis

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 1-1-0
Alignment: Heel

PYP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PYP   PYP I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:03 pm

It was a solid show. I really enjoyed my match alot. Overall I give the show a 9 out of 10
only because the Grudge match was short.
Back to top Go down

PYP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PYP   PYP I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:44 pm

TTO = epic though as a thing I'm getting just a bit -tired- of the "rookie mistakes" out of Devlin, it clashes slightly with the world -wise persona I portray I know it could be a case of all mouth no trousers, but the gag is starting to wear thin a bit.

Either way however , the plate was well and fucking truly stepped up to this time wasn't it? The matches were all pretty decent length, the Hawk's nest match was Brilliant.

Really right now all I have is praises for everything on the results.

9/10, Perfection is but a step away, and I don't like giving 10's ever.
Back to top Go down

PYP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PYP   PYP I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Devlin Raine wrote:
TTO = epic though as a thing I'm getting just a bit -tired- of the "rookie mistakes" out of Devlin, it clashes slightly with the world -wise persona I portray I know it could be a case of all mouth no trousers, but the gag is starting to wear thin a bit.

To be fair I still had the mentality that Devlin was still a bit green around the edges however I did try to make Devlin a legit competitor. While I agree the "rookie mistakes" were wearing a bit thin, I wasen't exactly focusing on that aspect. My overall task was to make both Devlin and Steel look good with Devlin being a threat (He took three finishers, you have to admit that is impressive in on itself) and Steel maintaining his status as a borderline Upper Midcarder/Main Eventer.

Next time I write as Devlin, I will make the notion that he's no longer a rookie and treat him as such.
Back to top Go down
Gordon Fury

Gordon Fury

PYP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PYP   PYP I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:15 pm

DIE YOU STUPID OWLS!

No CC, you are not welcome. In fact, I hate you more than you hate Ryback. You are a tool, go die in fire. You piece of shit.

...Love you.

Oh right feedback! I thought it was really good. One of the best shows I think I have ever read since arriving here. Everything (except the match that I half arsed, sorry Ruby) was written very well, but I see exactly what CC means about the formatting and shit, as there were some iffy bits formatting wise in Griff's stuff. Not that i'm one to talk, just saying lol. But yeh I had no issues really, and at the end of the day it was a good read.

So for me it was probs 4.5 CC-is-a-tool's out of 5. I never like giving out perfect scores unless I win Razz.

Cheers

Gordo

Back to top Go down
Alexander Remington

Alexander Remington

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 00-00-00
Alignment: In Between

PYP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PYP   PYP I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 1:50 am

The show didn't involve Remington, so it wasn't good...

Just kidding, 8/10. Really well written by everyone. Enjoyable in all facets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PYP Empty
PostSubject: Re: PYP   PYP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PYP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Out of Character :: Feedback-
Jump to: