Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Standing Tall

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Standing Tall Empty
PostSubject: Standing Tall   Standing Tall I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:15 pm

[We open up inside of Bryant Tanner's office at the newly renamed Notorious Wrestling Academy. Having been designed inside of a rebuilt old warehouse, the Tucson-based wrestling school housed a number of spacious offices for various admin-like work but Bryant's was perhaps the smallest out of them all. Even though he was the 'owner' of the school, he still made it a point to be as gracious to the students and staff as he could be and that meant he took the smallest office while the rest of his team got the bigger ones. It wasn't a bad office by any means, big enough to fit his desk, filing cabinets a mini-fridge for refreshments and a TV on one side of the room to watch the students at work, but not as big as most CEO's offices would be.

Sitting at his desk rifling through paperwork is the man himself, Bryant Tanner. At 6 feet, 5 inches tall, he is in no way "little." Nor is he "scared." Not of Johnny Valentine, not of Chuck Matthews, not of anything.]

Bryant: Bill. Bill. Hm, new application. With a video tape, very cool. I'll have to-

[The light on the intercom in front of him turns red and a female voice comes through it.]

???: Mister Tanner?

Bryant: Yeah, Amy?

[Bryant doesn't look away from his mail filing as he answers his secretary.]

Amy: There's a person from ah... "InternetWrestlingNewz.net" here to talk to you about the IWF...?

[Bryant looks up from his mail and quirks an eyebrow. He didn't know any news site by that name, nor did he schedule any interviews... He looks down at the mail, rubbing his face thoughtfully.]

Amy: Mister Tanner...?

Bryant: Sorry Amy. What the hell, send him back.

[He chuckled to himself as he quickly put the mail back into its cubby hole. He didn't usually accept interviews during Office hours, especially from so-called "news" sites, but he was growing bored today even before the mail, so he figured why not. A few moments passed by, and then a knock on the door was followed by the sight of a cute blonde in a business suit and skirt with her done up in a bun. The aforementioned Amy. Behind her stood a rotund, balding man with glasses holding a notebook.]

Amy: Hey Mister T, this is-

[The man barged past his secretary and waddled into the room. Both Bryant and Amy kinda stared at him with annoyance, but he didn't seem to pay them any mind.]

Man: Alec Baldwin, InternetWrestlingNewz.net, at your service.

Bryant: I'm sorry, did you just say... Alec... Baldwin?

Alec Baldwin?: Yes sir. Alec Baldwin. ...No relation to that other guy.

Bryant: Oh. Okay then.

[Bryant got up to shake the man's greasy hand. As Amy closed the door to his office he shot her an apologetic look and then sat back, offering the man a seat.]

Bryant: So, Mister... Baldwin. I'm assuming you'd like an interview with me for your uh... website?

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : That's right! It would be a great story and it would get you tons of new followers, sir. InternetWrestlingNews.net is read by thousands of people all over the country!

[Somehow Bryant doubted that. Still, he nodded politely.]

Bryant: I see. Well, I'm sad to say I've never heard of you, but I'll take your word for it. It IS the Internet after all!

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Indeed. And I could be of even more help to you, sir, if you wished it. I could be like your personal "exclusive" interviewer for your wrestling promos and the like.

[Bryant quirked an eyebrow, then shook his head.]

Bryant: Ah, I'm sorry Alec, but if I did need someone to do that I'd probably just call up my little brother and borrow one of his interns. It's nothing against you, but I know them already, and that's part of their jobs anyways.

[Alec Baldwin (no relation) lowers his head slightly, clearly not happy to hear that.]

Bryant: But I tell ya what, since you're here already and I'm bored off my ass anyways... I'll give you the interview.

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Really?

Bryant: Really.

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Oh thank you. Thank you, sir! You won't regret this, I swear!

[Uh huh.]

Bryant: My pleasure. So uh, before we begin... How many other people have you interviewed anyways? Anyone I'd know?

[For a moment Alec Baldwin (no relation) looked away, fidgeting in his seat.]

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Uh, well, you see...

Bryant: ...Don't tell me I'm the first?!

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Oh no, sir! I've talked to hundreds of-

Bryant: Talked to is not the same as interviewed, Alec Baldwin (no relation.)

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : I... I...

[Bryant looked at the grown, balding man, about to burst into tears and shook his head.]

Bryant: Alright, calm down man. It's okay. There's no need to get so wound up, I'm still gonna do the interview.

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Oh thank you!

[Alec Baldwin (no relation) almost jumped out of his seat to hug Bryant but Bryant held up his arms as he tried not to recoil in terror.]

Bryant: Whoa, down boy.

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Oh, I'm sorry sir. I must've-

Bryant: It's fine. Let's just do this.

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Right, right.

[Alec Baldwin (no relation) opened his notebook and flipped through it until he got to a certain page.]

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : So, Mister Tanner, ah... how do you feel about losing the battle royal at the IWF pay per view last week? That had to be a tough loss for you, given how good your debut was.

Bryant: Honestly? I'm not that upset about it, Alec Baldwin (no relation). I mean, I haven't wrestled actively in 10 years. I'm gonna lose a match here and there, yknow? I don't really sweat battle royals because I'm not the only one who lost there, all those other guys did too.

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Well what do you think of Chuck Matthews and-

[Bryant interjects, an angry look on his face.]

Bryant: Stop right there, Alec Baldwin (no relation). Lemme tell you about Chuck Matthews. Chuck Matthew is a punk with a capital 'puh!' I don't care how many World Titles Chuck Matthews has won, that doesn't make him shit compared to me. You know how many feds there are out there these days with "World" Titles, Alec Baldwin (no relation)? Hell there are feds out there where they just hand titles out like they were candy. They might as well make the titles out of candy at this point.

So no, Chuck Matthews does not get to brag to ME about his oh-so-awesome collection of "world titles." I may only have one to my name but I guarantee you MINE was won when they actually MEANT something! I'm not the best in the game, I've never denied this fact, Alec Baldwin (no relation). But at least I'M in that ring wrestling! While he's doing... what exactly? He sits behind a desk and calls my matches, which is right where he belongs.

[Alec Baldwin (no relation) is furiously writing this all down in his notebook.]

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Let's change the subject. Do you know who you're facing next in IWF yet?

Bryant: I... have not. I suppose you do?

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : I do indeed, sir. Your next opponent is one Johnny Valentine, who-

Bryant: Wait, hold on- Did you just say... Johnny Valentine?

[Bryant quirks an eyebrow at the tiny fat man, who nods in earnest.]

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Indeed, sir.

Bryant: Huh. I knew a Johnny Valentine once-

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Hardkore Johnnie Valentine?

Bryant: Yeah-

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Legendary promoter of UWA Nippon and Hardkore World?

Bryant: That's right. I-

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : One of the men who revolutionized this industry?

Bryant: Indeed, but there-

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Yeah it's not him.

Bryant: ...

[The Notorious One just STARES at Alec Baldwin (no relation).]

Bryant: So you're telling me, there's some guy, some IMPOSTER, running around ruining the name of a guy I and a whole lot of other people look to as one of the best this business has ever seen, and nobody's stopped him yet?

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Well it's spelled different but sure-

Bryant: I don't care if it's spelled differently, Alec Baldwin (no relation)! It's the fact that the NAME is sacred that pisses me off. He must be stopped! Did he have any witty words of encouragement for me to use to fuel my rage with?

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Not much, sir. Mainly he whined about not winning the battle royal and-

Bryant: Wait, was he in the battle royal?

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Yes sir. After that was over and he was informed of the match he called you "little" and "scared-

Bryant: This guy was in the battle royal and I didn't notice. What's he look like?

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : This is him, sir.

Alec Baldwin (no relation) reaches into his pocket and hands Bryant a rolled up picture. Bryant unrolls it and stares at the picture.]

Bryant: ...Wait. THIS GUY called me "little" and "scared?"

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Yes sir.

[Bryant looks at the picture. Then at Alec Baldwin (no relation). Then back at the picture. Finally he shakes his head in astonishment.]

Bryant: Take a note, Alec Baldwin (no relation). Johnny Valentine! You have besmirched the name of a guy who, well, I wouldn't say Johnnie and I were ever friends but still... Friends or no, by simply existing you are spitting on the name of a man who I consider to be a true LEGEND in this sport, and I for one will NOT stand for it! Surely if we were IN THE SAME MATCH at the pay per view you could be smart enough to realize that I am neither little OR scared, Imitation-Johnny. And if you're not bright enough for that, go turn on the last Battle Grounds- Actually that's a better idea anyways. Turn on Battle Grounds IV and gaze into your future, you goddamn poser!

I'd hate to be you, Imitation-Johnny, because just by simply BEING, you have brought the full wrath of my fury down upon your tiny tiny shoulders, and you will not like the feelings I'm going to cause inside of your body. The things I'm going to do to you for daring to defile that which you do not defile will make Guantanamo seem like a goddamn walk in the park!

[Bryant reaches into the mini-fridge and takes a quick swig off of a water bottle to calm himself down before turning back to Alec Baldwin (no relation)]

Bryant: You get all that?

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Yes sir.

Bryant: Good, then hit the bricks. I got a funeral to prepare for.

[Alec Baldwin (no relation) thinks about interjecting until he sees the look in Bryant's eyes. He stands up and heads for the door.]

Alec Baldwin (no relation) : Thank you for your time, sir. I'll see you later.

Bryant: Oh you can bank on that. The whole WORLD"S gonna see me.

On that, I guarantee.

[Fade.]
Back to top Go down

Standing Tall
Page 1 of 1