Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Second Show

Go down 
+2
Corey Casey
Chuck Matthews
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:13 pm

Alright...so if you haven't heard, we've been growing like wildfire lately, and we've been tossing around the idea of having a second weekly show.

We've set the minimum at 20. That is, we want no less than 20 active guys before we start up a second show. The key word here is "active." Guys like Keith, Darlington, Blackwing, Bogan don't count. They've served as padding for the most part. Guys we really only keep around so we can feed someone to the new guys to build momentum.

That being said...we currently have 18 active, consistent RP'ers. That's pretty damn good. It also means we only need 2 to get to our goal.

I honestly think we're going to get those last two very soon. So I'd
like to have things sorted out so we can go right into this second show
idea. That's where you come in. Remember when we first started, and we
asked for PPV names, title names, the works? Similar deal here. We need
ideas, and we want you to throw out what you think of. It's your fed
too, remember?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems the general consensus is for a split. So we would have two shows. THis has been edited to give you guys new stuff to think about.

How to Split
-Battle Grounds is dissolved entirely, and we get two entirely new shows in its place

Championships
-Midcard champions stuck to one show, IWF Title moves freely (until such a time when we make a second world title)

PPV's
-All PPV's are Cross-brand

Times
-When to hold the second show? This still needs to be decided.

Ideas for Show Names
Cataclysm
Frenzy
Terror
Oblivion
Unbreakable
Tsunami
Showtime
Termination
Breakout
Exile
Rampage
Desolation
Catastrophe
Conviction
Takedown
Generation
Boiling Point
Throwdown
Lock Down
Collision
Warpath
Riot
Carnage
Voltage
Vengeance
Seige

Post away, IWF faithful! Let's see what you can come up with.

Last edited by Chuck Matthews on Tue May 03, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Also, just throwing it out there. If any of you have any contacts, know of anyone who might be interested in joining IWF, you should definitely talk to them. Tell them how awesome IWF is.

Because I seriously suck at recruiting. LOL
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 pm

I really like the roster split idea...with a few different exceptions. I like the idea of having a draft and shit like that with each show having it's own GM and shit. I think it opens up a whole new realm of storylines and booking and shit like that that we've all never seen before.

With that in mind, i feel like the champions should be free floaters and free to be booked on both shows. I feel like having champions specifically branded to one show or the other really kinda cheapens the whole idea of having titles be prestigious if u have the same guys challenging for the titles week in and week out because the guys from the other show aren't on brand X and are stuck on brand Y.

With that in mind, i could also see Chuck's point of view of having maybe the Full Throttle Title be on show X and having the High Impact Title being on show Y and having the IWF Champion being the only one who is allowed to float between shows.

As far as PPV's go...i think they should all be dual represented. Mostly because i don't want to lose that competitive edge that has defined IWF from the get-go. I thin that we should keep the PPV's dual branded and anyone is allowed to compete on them and challenge for championships should they be the #1 contender or nominated within reasonable limits by their respective GM
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Two shows would be a good idea, it just comes down to who will be the GM or representative of that show you know? With the belt idea, I'd say...if we do get enough people a second championship would be a pretty good idea, but for now we have to wait a little bit before we go on and do it. The way I see if...we should just have the IWF Championship be for Battle Grounds, and for the second show...in the near future we just have another high tier championship belt. Because right now we're looking at 13 people who active.

For the PPV idea, the idea of them being exclusive to that brand is a good idea. The only thing I could possibly mention is that we have two or three big PPVs around the end of the month or so when all two brands get together. I know how it is dealing with a fed with three companies under the same umbrella. Razz It's tough as Hell man. But I can see us pulling it off and doing some good...it's a great idea and I can see you guys doing it.

But yeah for the belts, we should think about having that second high tier belt so we won't have to go through the problem of having the IWF Championship change hands to another brand, you know what I mean? ...In my mind...these two shows are going head to head...and if we want a Champion vs Champion match then we would go for it. I just feel like we need a second world title so we won't have to worry about who's going to be the #1 contender for it. That's my opinion though XD
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Okay. So I lI've the idea of two shows, if we have enough people. If we don't have at least 20 active people on each show, then we shouldn't. But that being said, I'm a fan of dissolving Battle Grounds, and making two equal shows, holding a draft and everything. That way they are equal shows, etc.

As for champions, I like the idea of both shows having one of the two Midcard belts each. My one concern with the IWF champion being on both shows is that personally, there's no way I could write 4 RPs a week and be competitive with the title. And I would be very surprised if anyone else being the champion could do that too. So I dont think they should be booked on both shows, but I like the idea of them appearing on both shows

As fit PPVs, I agree that we should keep it dual branded. That way it is a privilege to compete at the PPV, as there will be less spots, so you really have to earn it.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:21 pm

Just to clarify what I meant when I gave my idea for the championships:

Let's say (for sake of argument) That we have Show X and Show Z

High Impact Championship is on Show X
Full Throttle Championship is on Show Z

If you haven't realized it, we've only had title matches at PPV's, and it would remain that way, except for rare occasion (like a guy holding the belt, then quitting the fed to be a douche...we'd probably book a title match on a regular show to get the strap off him ASAP).

At the PPV's, there would, just like there is now, be a match for the HIC and the FTC. The difference is now, the #1 contenders for those belts would come from their respective shows (that is, High Impact Title matches would be between Show X members, and Full Throttle between Show Z guys).

The IWF CHAMPIONSHIP would be dual-branded, but the champion himself would NOT be. So for instance: The first draft, Brandon gets picked for show X. Just like other Show X competitors, he's booked on Show X. He stays on Show X. He is never booked on both shows. HOWEVER, when PPV time rolls around, he would be defending the title against the #1 contender...who would be from Show Z. Does that make sense?

Essentially, it means if you hold the IWF Championship, you truly are the best in the company...because you've beaten the best guy the other show had to offer in order to keep hold of it.

This also means, if Brandon is IWF Champion on Show X, and Tyson holds the briefcase on Show Z, Tyson makes matches for Show Z...but if he chooses, he can cash in on Show X, take the IWF title, and bring it back to Show Z.

The IWF Title not only represents the best wrestler in IWF...but the guy who holds it is also representing his show. We don't have a "flagship show" or a "B show" because you never really know where the main title will be after the PPV.

Hope that clears up any confusion
Back to top Go down

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Here's VVr's two cents and I have made this known in the chat box a few times since chatter has quickened it's pace a bit. As far as the make up of the two shows, I think we should keep Battle Grounds as the RAW type A show, and make a totally new show with a new GM and new staff....CC and I even came up with a sweet idea for a backstage interviewer, ask him about it, I am sure he will tell ya. We should hold a draft to split up the Rosters and have The IWF Champ be a floater between the two shows until such time as we make a SECOND major Title. I think making the Full Throttle and High Impact Titles Brand specific is a good idea. I also kicked around an idea with some of the guys about the shows being specific to the belt styles as well with one being primarily MMA Style fighting while the other is more flashy showman style stuff. I honestly think that idea would be killer. As for the PPV's, I see these as times the brands come together, here we can have inter-brand #1 contender matches and things like Inter-brand over the top Battle Royals for different stips. The Major PPVs will still be the shining stars they are supposed to be as well.

Now here is where my creative juices got flowing a bit, our flag ship show is Battle Grounds, right?? Moving away from a war theme I thought maybe the second show could be called Storm Front or Cataclysm, something nature oriented. Still sounding destructive but with a different bent to it. I am for Shadow Demon being the defacto GM of this show with a whole new staff!!!

There is some thoughts from a not so new anymore dude!!
Back to top Go down

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 5:32 am

I pretty much agree with what you've all said. Basically the same as WWE just after the attitude era, when they had the Undisputed title as available to both shows, while each brand having its own specific titles. This would make the IWF Championship even more important, as whoever owns the title, the brand that they are on will obviously have more power than the other.

Like Chuck said, we only have IWF world title matches on PPV's, which, in my opinion, should all be double-branded.

For the second show's name, I think Exile sounds pretty rad Razz
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:49 am

I'm bumping this (Yes. Bumping a sticky post) due to urgency.

We're officially getting ourselves a second show. It'll debut after Isolation.

This is due to people starting to be overlooked on the shows, and just given random matches just to get them on the card (If you're in this boat, I sincerely apologize. And this is exactly why we're getting another show in the works)

So...with that being said, I ask 2 things:

1. IF you're one of those guys who's being sort of overlooked, I ask that you bear with us for a few more weeks, put up with a couple shitty matches (though if you'd like to request a match, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can make it happen), and rest assured, when we get the 2nd show moving, you'll get the higher-quality matches you deserve.

2. We need to get these things figuered out ASAP. Figure out how we're gonna split, what the show will be called. I think we've decided on two brands...which actually makes me want to ask you guys to give me some sort of color scheme to work with...shit like that. I want as many people on this as possible.

Yes, new guys, you're not only welcome to post your opinions here...but I encourage it.

Matt Young? Bryant Tanner? Titus Black? Sean O'Rourke? The Ninja? Tyson Rowle?

I'm looking at you guys. I know you guys have ideas. You've told me your ideas in the chat.

Y U NO POST IDEAS HERE?!

End rant. But seriously. Let's get shit locked down so we can be ready to roll after Isolation.
Back to top Go down

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:52 am

Battle Grounds colour is, going from the main logo, obviously yellow and red. So basically I say just do the opposite of that. It'll give a contrast as the second show will have darker colours, e.g. Dark blue, Purple, Black. LOL I know this is just basic stuff, I don't really know that much about designing, but that's my two sense on the colour scheme of it all Razz

For the draft, I think that it should be done as we did in NLWF, with the general manager from each show taking turns in picking a wrestler. Who gets first pick will then have to be determined somehow though.
Back to top Go down

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:29 am

Color scheme for the new show, in my opinion would either be like Shadow Demon said, contrast to BG, or play off the Title of the new show. If it's something like Storm Front or nature colors like blues and greens would work well and be in contrast. As far as draft goes I am either in favor of GMs alternating picks or the shows being split MMA and Showman according to our midcard belts.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:36 pm

By "how we split" I meant do we just get a second show running? Or dissolve Battle Grounds?

Like, are we cutting a chunk off of Battle Grounds and making it a new show? So BG still exists, just smaller?

Or we demolish Battle Grounds as a whole, then take the pieces to build two new shows entirely?

Which actually leads me to another thought Tim and I were discussing the other day:

Do you think we should change the name of the company entirely? Insurgency has some pretty negative connotations (The world's most wanted Insurgent just got owned by American forces). Plus, I think part of the reason for the name was because we were rebelling from an old place....but the more we establish ourselves as our own identity, the less the whole "rebellion against oppression" feel fades. Tim said it best: We should try and distance ourselves from NLWF as best we can, and I'm starting to feel like the name of the fed as a whole is like a big arrow pointing to NLWF like "HEY! Look where we came from!"

But that's just a thought that popped into my head. Not really relevant to this discussion. But I figured if we were to dissolve BG into two shows, that might be a good time, if any, to change the name of the company. Your call, really.
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:40 pm

as painful as it might be...i think we need to get rid of the fed name as well. We should dissolve Battle Grounds and break it off into two completely new and separate shows. That way, if things go to shit and the two show system fails, we can re-unite the shows and re-form Battle Grounds as our main show once more. I also think we should probably try and distance ourselves from The Second Show 1229630336 as much as possible and that yeah...we should change the name. I'm sure that everyone is surprised at me saying this since...well..."Insurgency Wrestling Federation" was my idea for when we created this place. But I like the idea of trying to distance ourselves from the past so that we can embrace the new and bright future for our humble little fed
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:46 pm

I always thought the IWF stood for the Ingrate Wrestling Federation Razz

Jokes, but in all seriousness, I do think we should change the name. I say keep it IWF, but change the I word to something, like, internecine, or invictive or something. Something that sounds cool and kind of relates. But also starts with an I. But we could also change it to something completely different.

I agree with Corey, in that we split Battle Grounds up. Because my thoughts are, if we have a draft, which I really like, and believe that we should do, and we keep Battle Grounds, its always going to seem like Battle Grounds is the A-list show, even if the talent is equal on both shows. So I think that we should just dissolve Battle Grounds, and create two brand new, even shows, and have a big draft day.
Back to top Go down

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:00 pm

I agree that BG should be split into two new shows and the talent drafted to the two completely new shows. As far as the name change goes I am u for that because, yes at times it does feel like you are still attached somehow to the NLWF and a name change would fully distance yourself. You can think of it like the WWF to WWE change .... Nothing changes but the letters
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:35 pm

-dissolve BG and make two new shows (Storm Front and Oblivion)

-mid-card champs stay put while the IWF Champ moves freely

-Brand specific with the "Big 4" being cross branded

-All for the idea of shows competiing with each other for ratings (which is measured out in the # of rp's for the show). It gives everyone something to works towards since you're not only working towards a victory in your match but a victory for your brand in the ratings dept.
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:19 pm

- Battle Grounds dissolve into two seperate shows. We hold a draft with the GMs and/or writers the week after Isolation.

- Get rid of Battle Grounds name, I like Storm Front. Oblivion is pretty cool too.

- PPVs should all be cross branded. That way it is an honour to fight at the PPV, and you have to actually earn your spot in each PPV.

- IWF Champion goes back and forth, but not booked on both shows. Especially if they are going to be in the same night, because that wouldn't make any sense at all Neutral

- But I agree with head-to-head shows for a ratings competition.
Back to top Go down

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:29 pm

All I have to say is that along the lines we have GOT to try and get a second world championship belt when the talent gets vast, because it doesn't feel right to me to have one belt for the show switch to different brands. I mean right now it's great to have it exchange hands from one show to another.

Speaking of Shows! I got a list!:

Do or Die
Takedown
Confinement
Generation
Boiling Point
No Limit
Throwdown
Lock Down
Collision
Warpath
Rampage
Riot
Carnage
Wrath
Dead or Alive
Takeover
Voltage
Revenge
Vengeance
Static
Glory
Seige
Dynamite
Magnitude
Elimination
Back to top Go down

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:01 pm

Two Totally new shows in my opinon and names can be Storm Front and Boiling Point!!!

Colors -- Red and yellow for Boiling Point

-- Blue and Purple or some combo of cooler colors for Storm Front

PPVs -- I agree with B make it an honor to earn your spot make it cross branded and a big deal with the Champ being able to go back and forth.

Show Times -- Make them head to head!!!
Back to top Go down
Tim Patrick

Tim Patrick

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:42 pm

I really don't support using "Storm Front" as it's the name of one of the biggest white supremacist groups in the country.

really.

pick another name
Back to top Go down

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Neutral ...You're serious???!
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Yeah...Timmy's not lying...that shit is legit....i just looked it up...

Storm Front is out
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Tim would be the person to know. He's the political/government savvy person here.

I edited the list, took out anything offensive. Also took out any that I thought were poor choices for regular weekly shows (Apocalypse, Dead or Alive. Sound more like PPV's than weekly episodes). Took out instances where two things meant the same thing, and left the cooler one (Like Vengeance is there, Revenge isn't). Also nixed Takeover and No Limit.......Corey and Brandon know why.

Anyway...the list is edited. Pick any of those.

My personal favorites:
-Cataclysm
-Showtime
-Collision
-Carnage
-Voltage
-Static
-Seige

Last edited by Chuck Matthews on Mon May 02, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:19 pm

-Oblivion
-Warpath
Back to top Go down
Ryan Apollos

Ryan Apollos

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record:

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:12 am

How about Revolt for the name?
Back to top Go down

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Perhaps I am not the best person to be commenting here, seeing as I haven't even been in this federation for 24 hours yet, but I'm going to wade in and throw my two cents in anyway.

I agree with, I believe it was Corey who said about dropping the name Battlegrounds completely. As Corey said, if things go to shit (although hopefully this doesn't happen), you still have the name Battlegrounds to fall back on, which hasn't been involved in the situation.

The shows should be on opposite ends of the week, like Raw and Smackdown is. Perhaps Tuesdays and Saturdays, or something along those lines. With the gap in between, it allows a little more hype to build up between shows, whereas if the shows were on two nights of the week right beside each other, this wouldn't happen.

Out of the names, Showtime and Carnage are my favorite names. Personal preference, but there you go anyways.

And finally, because I feel as if I have been typing for ages, I would say have every PPV cross-branded. Whilst there are good reasons for having the 'Big 4' as cross-branded only, such as massive hype and having the privilege of being on one of the big PPVs, in the long run, it could cause problems if smaller PPVs weren't cross-branded, it could almost turn them into 'just another weekly show'.

But yeah, my two cents!
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Hey, if you've signed up and filled out an application, you're officially a member of the IWF Family, and therefore, more than welcome to post ideas pertaining to IWF. Don't feel bad at all, Matt.

Anyway, it seems that for the most part, people are for having the midcard belts brand specific, with the world title moving freely (until we get a second one).

PPV's are all cross-brand. This has to be the case if the IWF belt moves depending on the champion, because otherwise there's no way to get the belt from A to B.

Battle Grounds will be dissolved.

We still need to decide on names, and when each show will be held. I'm working on a few logos for the more popular ones, and logos for any that I might have ideas for. So I'll showcase them as they get done, see if people like them. LOL

Anyway...first post is edited to reflect decisions.
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:05 pm

As far as show times go, I still think they should both be Sunday (meaning deadline is Saturday night EST). Why? FOr the completely out of character reason that its easier to write results on a Sunday, rather than the middle of the week. I know guys like Chuck and SD are still in school during the week, and I know that I'm a lot busier during the week. One of the reasons that we've been able to get shows up so fast is because we have nothing to do on Sundays but write, which is why I think that they should be the same time
Back to top Go down
Ryan Apollos

Ryan Apollos

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record:

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:22 pm

An idea I just thought of is how about before one of the big four ppv's we have a dual brand show.
Back to top Go down
Sean Libby

Sean Libby

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 3-4-0

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:05 pm

I think it would be wise for during the show for the draft there should be a all show battle royal so we would find out where the world title will go.
Back to top Go down

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:07 am

I like Break Out and Cataclysm for show names....Sucks the cool name I thought up is like the biggest White Supremicist Group in America but OH WELL life goes on!!!
Back to top Go down

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:11 am

Oblivion and Carnage I reckon would be your best bets. They both kinda reflect the whole... i'ma beat some shit up this week vibe. Should just do the classic Blue vs. Red colour scheme. Or even Green vs. Yellow/orange for the sake of being different.

Either way... two shows... now that's... a Big Favour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Second Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Second Show   The Second Show I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Second Show
Page 1 of 1