Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My idea for an IWF spring summit

Go down 
+8
Sean Libby
Alex Dillinger
Alexander Remington
Corey Casey
Flex Johnson
Jack Savage
BMac
Tim Patrick
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim Patrick

Tim Patrick

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

My idea for an IWF spring summit  Empty
PostSubject: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 3:11 am

the idea -

Sometime in May, IWF should take a week off from Battle Grounds and roleplaying.

During that week - we will all discuss amongst ourselves ideas for possible storylines. A lot of us are sort of being randomly placed in matches with random people with no rhyme or reason. We should all have time to figure out amongst ourselves who we could actually compete with and how to make it interesting. This should be done in chatbox so that we can get as much on the spot feedback as possible.

The week off can also serve to energize the show writers and roleplayers.

What does everybody think?
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:27 am

Here's my only issue with that. Well actually I have two LOL.

One, a lot of times that it might seem that you're being placed in random matches, your're not. We're pretty good at running storylines for pretty much everyone who deserves it. The last month was hard, with Chuck starting some storylines, telling nobody, and then leaving/ Not to mention with the briefcases, it was hard to plan anything around those. So maybe more random matches than usual. But as often as we can, we try to make the matches relate to the feud. That's easier said than done, because we can't keep having the same matches over and over again every week. But trust me, Corey Parker and I have all the storylines we should be running after Homecoming all lined up, so there's a good chance you will all see less random matches. Another part of that is people wanting weeks off, which definitely affects what we want to do some times, so you need to take all that into consideration

Secondly, and maybe I'm the complete minority on this here. If so then tell me LOL, but this is just how I felt. I was always a fan of the admins thinking of storylines, and then trusting them to run the stories properly and really surprising me. I hated knowing exactly where a storyline was going, because it didn't get me motivated. If I already knew what was going to happen, what was the point of RPing well? I RP'd well because I wanted to see where the storyline was going to go, and I wanted to end up on top, no matter what it was. My motivation came from the surprise. Obviously I would give character input here and there, like if I felt a segment was written that my character would never do, I would tell the admin/s, and they would usually do a good job of fixing it up. But as far as all the details of all the storylines and feuds, I never wanted to know that.

Again, maybe I'm the minority of people on this one, I just wanted to express how I felt. If everyone wants to do this summit or whatever, I'm fine with that. However I am completely against taking a week off at any time. Not only does it give us only 3 shows to build for a PPV, but the admins have to work extremely hard to build these feuds in only 3 shows. But again, if everyone wants it, then I can't say no
Back to top Go down
Jack Savage

Jack Savage

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:56 am

I am with BMac the admins do a good job with story lines no need to take a week off to do this it just be a waste if time if you ask me
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:26 am

Honestly, I like Tim's idea.

My view is a bit different than Brandon's. I like the idea of the handler having some creative control over who he or she feuds with. I had three to four "admin-sponsored feuds" fall through (due to Chuck, not CC/Mac/Parker), so I understand how people might feel frustrated with not having one. Heck, I probably wouldn't have one now if it weren't for SR and I being proactive.

The handlers and the admins should blend their ideas to create a nice storyline. So, I'm down for the summit.

As for the week off--doesn't really matter to me. I can understand the reasons against not taking a week off. But, I do think the summit should happen, regardless of if there is a week off or not.

Just my thoughts.

-Flx
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:47 am

I'm with bmac here...i've always been a fan of the admins kind of running the feuds and storylines because, back when i rp'ed [jesus christ i sound like an old man "back in my day..."] i loved not knowing where a storyline was going. I loved to read how pissed off/angry/raging my character became when a certain person did something to really push CC over the edge.

Now, with that being said, i am also a fan of having members have a say in their feuds. the on going feud between Ace Static and Corey Bull...those two mother fuckers laid out AN ENTIRE TWO MONTH OUTLINE SHOW BY SHOW AS TO WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN IN THEIR FEUD! I mean, that's fucking dedication. The issue with that is, the second Ace Static or Corey Bull decide they need a random week off or if one of them leaves IWF....THE ENTIRE TWO MONTH FEUD GETS FLUSHED DOWN THE DRAIN! I have been made famous here in IWF for being super anal retentive when it comes to outlining and having a plan. I am a planner....a schemer if you will [Joker reference anyone?] and I love always having a plan and an end game. The issue is....all it takes is one person no showing, asking for a random week off, or leaving IWF suddenly to fuck up all my hard work.

As Brandon said, Parker, Bmac and I have a damn good handle on storylines and feuds all set up and planned and are ready for launch starting after Homecoming and headed towards Isolation. I personally have planned like 3 or 4 of these feuds and have the segments and shit all set up and good to go. You know, when the UECW guys came over, a lot of them were hesitant to deal with Chuck. They could see the randomness of IWF shows being written and a lot of the shit was kinda just half-assed. But ask Axle....ask Remi...ask Jaci...ask Savage...I kept telling them one thing over and over again...and it's the thing that has kept a lot of these guys still around

#INCASEYWETRUST

But it isn't just me anymore. Brandon has shown that he is 110% dedicated to this....that he is 110% ready to shoulder the responsibilities of being an admin again and he show writes LIKE A BOSS! Parker has proved that he can handle what it takes to be an admin and has constantly been stepping up to help out the admins when CERTAIN ANGELS [not gonna say which ANGELS keep STEELING the spotlight] but Parker has proven reliable and damn good at navigating around a storyline or 3. So with that in mind, I ask you guys to please....just trust us...

#INTHEADMINSWETRUST
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Alexander Remington

Alexander Remington

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 00-00-00

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm not roleplaying anymore, but if I were, I'm with BMac/CC on this one. Every now and then, I like creative control for storylines, because with the right person, I can come up with some pretty epic shit. But then it's a drain, because I already know what's going to happen. BMac was spot on for my feelings - I love the surprise. Besides, I'm a lazy bum and I like CC to handle my storyline shit and then I just write. Or I did anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 4:04 pm

I'll be honest I've had a fun time here for the most part mainly because everyone is cool and fun to chat it up with. However I'd be lying if I said everything has been smooth and totally enjoyable.

I personally love creative control. I mean most anything I've come up with for my character thus far has gone through smoothly for the most part minus hiccups from staff. The way I see it is NO ONE knows my character like I do and there isn't a person on this planet that can be more creative with my character than I can. I've never been a fan of not knowing what's going to happen to my character because if I don't like something I like the chance to say no to it. I also like to sell a feud that's going to be starting up or drop hints and play along with it. When I don't know what's going to happen it just makes it confusing and at times you can say things on twitter etc that ends up making you look stupid.

ie: AV shit talks with Remi on Twitter. Shit talking because essentially AV was recruited by CC attempting to take The Empire into a darker gimmick in exchange for AV getting a shot at Remi. Next thing I know Remi is in The Empire everything is supposed to magically be good between the two lol (granted since such events Remi and AV have hung out and are cool). Now rather than being part of something big with a main focus I'm looking at a title shot where I can't even RP taking one for the "team".

That was a cluster fuck. Really set me back character wise. Next thing I knew I was just having nonsense non meaningful tag team matches. No feuds with anyone just such and such has a shot this time. It got to the point where I was just going through the motions. I mean I do this for FUN yet I don't like to waste my time. The way I'm looking at it now is maybe the dull dead time was because of the transition to Chuck's methods of being secretive and not talking.

With all that said I had talked with CC and the next couple months will determine my future here. IWF is an awesome fed with good people. I've got my fingers crossed that things work out well.
Back to top Go down
Sean Libby

Sean Libby

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 3-4-0

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 8:24 pm

While my heart is with Tim's idea, my mind says that if everyone had control over story's it could pretty much lead to anarchy. I mean having Creative control, we all have it. The only thing we don't have is control over matches. Everything else is freedom. Theme, Gimmick, Moves, if you ask me, thats some big freedom than other Feds that I see. (Hint that "I" see!) But you know, it could work but I think its too complex of a idea to happen.

A prime example would be a story between me and Steel Angel. Me and Steel are long time friends, so we'd pretty much know what we're going for. However it could be too hyped, and the result could be lackluster. Why do I say that? Not cause we have no history to base the story off of, but because the time before hand could be too confusing for everybody to understand and the only people who would know whats going on, would be me and Steel.

Don't get me wrong I love Admin's story's but tbh, CC, BMac and Parker need to interact with the roster more. Cause I remember CC PM'd me of how I could move up with story ideas. Chuck did too. I think the Admins need to take a seat back and PM members of what is going on. Like the Ethan/Griff/Molly Story. Sure, its a great story, but hiding it from even the people involved doesn't really help them with their RP's. Letting them in on whats going on would be a huge step in the right direction. Interaction with "The powers that be" and its roster makes A+ matches. Hell you don't even need to put it in the chat, just PM them of what you Admins are thinking of whats going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:45 am

I did agree with Tim when he mentioned this before posting on the board. But after hearing from both sides, I'm going with the admins here. I thought maybe the admins might need that one week off because of Chuck's sudden departure but hey guess not. LOL Anyways, random matches are a little :/ though I do like being surprised with what the admins have in store for my character. And right now, it actually works well with my current character situation. But then again, total secrecy is not always cool. At least give us a hint or two, pweedy pwease??? *clasps hands together and pouts* Like Libby said, you can PM those involved instead of saying in the chatbox.

I have to say that CC, Brando and Parker did an amazing job for the last BG and that should show us members that things are definitely gonna change for the better from here on out. I have faith. <3
Back to top Go down
Ryan Apollos

Ryan Apollos

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record:
Alignment: Face

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:56 am

I think both BMac and Tim are right.

Before I opted to go on hiatus, I believe I pointed out, every time people complained about my lack of match shoots, that I found it incredibly difficult to write a shoot about a match that just felt like a random match up with no real backstory that I could see.

Tim's idea could actually work as it'd give people a basis for match shoots or at least help them in setting up ideas for upcoming rp's.

Though it might not entirely work and one that could cause some chaos and partial anarchy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 4:17 pm

#RANT

The whole week off thing doesn't effect me. I work Bi-Weekly so I don't burn myself out. LOL.

Little known fact, I helped run UECW. I wrote whole shows myself and booked whole cards myself and kept site maintenance up. I know the headache of not having wrestlers running storylines and it's a pain in the ass to put people in them. Because in this game NO ONE IS HAPPY. There is always something going to be wrong but Writing results, Making cards, its a tiresome job and the BIGGEST headache i found was placing people in storylines. Every single member of this board has a PM option.. I felt when I was a fedhead that it's the wrestlers responsibility to go out of their way to find a good storyline.

Because I could put people there but I COULDNT write "Axle Vengeance" as good as Alex could.. or I COULDN'T write "Jaci Sovereign" as good as Cari could.

The two in the storyline can work together and create something good. Surely as a admin you can help add your two cents.. But I feel I would rather have control over what is going on with my own character. So instead of complaining "youre being put in random matches" go out and find a storyline with someone and make your matches NOT random.

Youre handling a wrestler. Wrestlers wrestle evey night, yes the matches are random but bring your storyline to the match.

IE: Ace Static is facing Axle Vengeance this week on monday night snoozefest. During Ace Static's promo he is going to talk about his match with Axle Vengeance but he is also going to talk about his feud with Corey Bull. Being this is just another match adding up to his big match with Corey Bull at the SuperSnooze.

That is the thing I can not stress.. You give what you get, If you don't give anything I wouldn't expect to get anything back.

Back to top Go down
Corey Bull

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:46 pm

i like it. Makes alot of sense to give everyone a break and make sure the batteries get a recharge.
Back to top Go down
Brad Franklin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 1-2-0
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:52 pm

Ok so here are some of my thoughts on this and some other things that have been going on in my head.Just a way to get things off my chest and why I do or don't do certain things.

why I dont give feed back. This is mostly because i don't feel i have the right to,I feel my rp's aren't that great so who am I to critique someone elses, and i dont want the feed back board to become a internet circle jerk, where we tell each other how great we are, not that it has, but back in the UECW it sometimes seemed to lean that way. To me the feedback board is just for that feedback, to find out where are ways we can improve.

why i dont vote. Honestly i'm not sure how i feel about the voteting thing, on one hand its great that the IWF gives everyone a hand in picking who wins, on the other hand it has the posibility of turning into a popularity contest and i just would like to know if the admins have any safe gaurds to make sure that it doesnt.

lastly i would love to start story lines with you guys but it seems like anytime i do something happens, either i have to take time off or they leave. I realize i haven't always been the most reliable guy here and I'm sorry and i entend to change that and despite what I said up there, I love it here and i want to stay.I just ask that you all be patient with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My idea for an IWF spring summit    My idea for an IWF spring summit  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My idea for an IWF spring summit
Page 1 of 1