Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1
Alignment: In Between

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews Empty
PostSubject: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews   Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Speaking of returns, Meghan Andrews also returns to action this week as she takes on the Phoenix Champion, the seemingly UNSTOPPABLE WRECKING MACHINE Blyss Lockhart!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews   Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:02 pm

”Assuming Control”

Sunday

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews Tumblr_mfx2at1Y961ri58ybo6_250

Blyss Lockhart stumbles into the locker room shower then leans against the wall. The match against Storming Raven no doubt took a lot out of her. She manages to smile, though weakly, at the thought of it. Her opponent and friend did not disappoint and that’s what she has been hoping for. She leans closer toward the shower and closes her eyes as the water rains down on her face. Despite feeling more pain than usual after a match, she’s glad to successfully defend her Phoenix championship tonight. That’s all that matters for now.

Exactly. That’s what you should focus on, my dear Blyss.

And that’s what she did during match, bringing the fight to her opponent. People like Molly Reid can stop to think again before calling her “the worst wrestler”. People like Philip Joseph can stop mocking her for being a woman in this so-called man’s world. She’s done nothing but work hard to improve in her skills since the first day she stepped foot in a ring. The quote “to be number one, you have to train like you’re number two” is constantly in her mind.

But that’s not all that’s always running through your mind these days, isn’t it?

She runs her fingers through her hair and lets her mind wander to the events that happened this past week, leading up to this very moment. Sure breaking down before a big match at the PPV eventually helped but the very fact that she did at all surprises her right now. Sometimes people go through that, right?

Your moment of weakness lasted a week, nearly taking your eyes off the goal we made years ago. You’re not careful enough. Do you not care for that title belt sitting in your locker right now? Do you wish to bail on yourself, the way many people like to do to you? You’re already in hiding. Where else do you intend to run to?

She grips the water tap, clenching her jaw. She doesn’t want to run anymore. She needs to face the situation head on and take control. She will see him again soon. She told him she would. At this point, she has almost nothing to lose. She wants to feel that rush again. That rush of free falling.

NO!

She snaps to attention and looks around the shower room. There’s no one but her.

That wasn’t the purpose of the lesson I taught you, Blyss. Don’t you rebel.

She turns off the shower and grabs a towel. Lessons are transferable, aren’t they?

Close those pretty eyes
Don't look behind

Tuesday

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews Tumblr_mbct4xFanI1ri58ybo1_250

Blyss is lying in the bath tub, fully clothed. Her mind is in a deep clutter as she wrestles with her thoughts and she feels weighted by the decision she’s made earlier this morning. She remembers the butterflies returning to her stomach from last night as she sat there in Starbucks, waiting for Michael Alexander. They agreed to meet today and the sooner she sees him, the better. Though they both may have different reasons...

Oh you’re planning to keep him away for good. Smart girl.

She remembers how their eyes met almost instantly and his face lit up, smiling. Without a hint to him, she returned it with a smile of her own and a little wave.

So unsuspecting... How fun.

She remembers the playful banter between them as if the awkwardness after their breakup has gone away... or at least pushed aside to be civil again. She smacked his hand away when he tried to steal a drink from her latte, something that used to happen a lot yet he never quite learned not to do so and she never made it a point to actually tell him to stop anyways. As usual, they both laughed it off.

Using her feet, she turns the water tap on. She rests the right of her face against the side of the tub, stretching and then crossing her legs. She shivers as the cold water soaks through her shirt and jeans. As she sinks lower into the tub, she recalls that dreaded conversation in the cafe.

Michael Alexander
There’s something on your face...

He leaned closer toward her over the table. His blue eyes, suddenly so serious and sincere, caught her slightly off guard. Just before he touched, she pulled away and hurt flashed in those same eyes. She glanced at something outside the cafe window, wishing she were somewhere else. But she wasn’t, she was here now before him. Her mind raced with the different ways to string up the sentence. I...

Michael Alexander
(frowns slightly) What’s wrong?

How could she tell him after he had come all the way from Miami to see her? It wasn’t fair for her to keep this secret. But was it fair not to tell him either? Well, it’s not like she’s cheating on him. She had already walked out a few weeks ago. So why did it feel like she is? Like she owed him anything? Words jumbled on the tip of her tongue. I...

Michael Alexander
Blyss?

Blyss Lockhart
I know we’re here to talk things out... about us...

She pursed her lips together, unsure of how to go on. He took her slightly trembling hands and looked at her with a worried expression on his face. Damn, how she hated to see that. She bowed her head down.

Blyss Lockhart
But we can’t, Michael. There’s... nothing left.

He considered this for a moment before speaking again, this time his tone changed.

Michael Alexander
There’s somebody else.

She looked up at him, surprised to hear that. And that is all he needed to confirm his suspicion.

Michael Alexander
(angrily) How can there be someone else when you walked out on us because you wanted to focus on your career?

His words echoed in her now blank mind. Her hands suddenly felt cold.

Michael Alexander
I don’t get it. What the hell happened?

All she could do was stare back him, taking in whatever verbal attacks he would hurl in her face. She deserved it, she though.

Michael Alexander
Who is this person--

Blyss Lockhart
(cuts in) Gordon.

Michael Alexander
--I used to know? (pauses) Wait, what? Gordon, as in your tag team partner from Ascension? When you first won your title? When you...

Clearly he wasn’t asking who the “somebody else” is but she blurted it out anyways due to guilt and the desire for this to be over. He leaned back in his chair, shocked and angry. He couldn’t even finish saying “when you broke up with me” and somehow him being at a loss for words restored her ability to say something.

Blyss Lockhart
It just happened, Michael. I didn’t mean to kiss him.

Michael Alexander
(snaps) Well it clearly means something now, doesn’t it?

And just like that, she’s back to not knowing what to say.

Michael Alexander
It’s fine. You don’t have to say anything. I’m used to that now anyways.

He’s of course referring to the times when she would ignore when he asked if she missed him as much he did and when different people asked her what happened between them on Twitter. She clutched her cup of coffee as they look at each other, waiting. She did nothing more.

Michael Alexander
I’m out. (pauses) Congrats on retaining your championship title.

She remembers how he stormed out of the cafe after that and how the last bit of coffee left a more bitter taste in her mouth. The tub is now almost filled to the brim so she turns off the tap and submerges into the cold completely.

Goodbye...

Don't you be fooled
I loved you more
Than I would ever dare tell you

Wednesday

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews Tumblr_mby813TpT31r8rx02o1_500

Later, Blyss leaves the hotel room and at three in the morning, she is still driving around aimlessly, not really knowing what to do. She grabs her cell phone and turns it on, half expecting and half hoping to see messages. None. Gritting her teeth, she checks Twitter... Nothing. She beats the steering wheel hard, accidentally hitting the car horn. It shocks her for a moment and she beats the wheel once more as if frustrated at the damn thing itself now. She scrolls through her phone contacts list and hits the ‘call’ button. She hastily puts on her earpiece and swerves the car a bit as it almost goes up the curb.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(mutters) Please pick up the damn phone...

With her impatience at an all time high, she jabs at the ‘end call’ button and tries one more time. One ring... Two...

Gordon Fury
Hello?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Can we meet?

Gordon Fury
What? (pauses to check the caller ID) Blyss, do you have any idea what time it is right now?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Where are you? We need to talk about... you know. Please.

Gordon Fury
I’ll be seeing you in training tomorrow. How about we talk then?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(frustrated) No, Gordon. I wanna talk now. I’m in my car and I can go to you. Just give me your address. Please.

Gordon Fury
(alarmed) Did something happen? What’s wrong?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(shakes her head) I told him, Gordon. About us.

Gordon Fury
(confused) Wait, who? Who did you tell?

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

(upset) Michael. I told Michael.

Gordon Fury
(enraged) Michael as in your ex? That fucker didn’t hurt you, did he?!

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

No... No, he didn’t hurt me. He just didn’t take it well. Look, can I please just come see you? I-- I don’t wanna be alone tonight.

She bites her lower lip, gripping the wheel even tighter as she waits for his answer. A moment passes.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Gordon?! Did you hear what I just said?

She glances at her phone screen and taps on it, checking to see if the call has accidentally ended. No, it hasn’t. She hears a sigh and then nothing.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Gordon, talk to me!

Gordon Fury
That’s not a good idea, Blyss. We can talk about it tomorrow but I’m not seeing you tonight. (sarcastically) And by the way, when you decide to call Gordon “last resort” Fury, could you do so a bit earlier? Thanks.

She smacks the steering wheel and runs a hand through her hair in a frustrated manner.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

What? No. Dammit Gordon! I just want to--

And the line goes dead. Her eyes hurt and now her head does too but most of the pain is in her heart. She throws her earpiece and phone over her shoulder to the back seat before stepping hard on the accelerator pedal. Oh there’s Rockaway Beach up ahead. Time for a quick swim.

You’re drowning.

It’s only drowning if you let go... and that’s when she’ll get back into control.

What if I tell you
That past is past
Don't let it follow you

Monday

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews Tumblr_miw9nkQPhx1r8rx02o1_250

The camera opens up to Blyss sitting on the floor. She has one knee propped up where she rests her right elbow on, grabbing a fistful of her hair that shadows upon half her face. Her hair is more mussed now and her smile looks weary. Sliding her hand down to rest on the side of her neck, her eyes focuses directly at the camera.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

Megan Andrews... Hmm, I’ve heard that name before. Some weeks ago, you made your return to the Insurgency by taking out the one person that I was hoping to take out myself. You even aligned yourself with who? Eric Steel? (scoffs) Then for some reason, you disappear for a bit and now... you’re back. Again. (slightly amused) Ms Andrews, have you heard about me? I don’t have the best track records here, in fact I have almost as many losses as I have wins. I’ve gotten screwed in my matches, given a second chance to redeem myself, succeeded and won the very title I’ve been chasing since I first joined this company and now here I am, the reigning and defending Phoenix champion. And your opponent tonight.

She chuckles lightly and then bites her lip in amusement before sighing.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

You’ve got 4 years of experience in the independent scene under your belt, even won yourself a couple of titles there too. I had more years than that and didn’t win a damn thing. You made your debut attacking... a long time diva here and injuring her in the process. That’s what I did when I first came here except I didn’t send anyone to the hospital. We’re also the same age, you and I. Both young and ready to take over the business. Now... You’re signed to the Insurgency, hoping to be that... (snaps her fingers) What do you call yourself again? Oh right, the (mockingly) “burning star, bitches!” (tilts her head, smiling) Honestly, Megan, the impact you tried to make on the divas division is old news. Things move and happen very quickly around here and whatever reputation you think you have now barely exists. I’ve gone on to win my Phoenix title and defend it. I’ve even handed and accepted challenges to fight the men in this company because for a while, Megan, there were barely us women and I wanted more, I needed, more prospects to my championship. That’s why I chose Cassidy Smith as my first because he’s just like us, Megan. Young and hungry for some gold. But alas, for some reason management decided to strip him off the chance and gave it to Storming Raven. And he, Megan, happens to be my friend. Since my debut here, my mindset’s always been “I’m the only one I can count on and everybody else is the enemy”. Until Jaci Sovereign arrived and for the first time, I was a little confused initially even though we barely knew each other then. We’d only just skipped some rope backstage one day after all. And with the help of some unwanted interference, I lost. But facing Raven with my title on the line at Homecoming was the ultimate test for me. I wanted to prove that I can wrestle against a friend when the time comes down to it and I did. Obviously when it comes to bitter rivals, I’ve proven that as well and it still pisses off this one little cheerleader because I won her title without actually pinning her which is still legit by the way. Tag rules, you know? And I know you know, Megan because you were a tag champion once even if it’s in the indies. Still better than that person I will not bother to name. You should know. She... goes around. (laughs gently) Whatever. I don’t even know how she beat Ethan Cage last week. Like the previous title, she won’t carry her current one in good light. She’s an embarrassment to the industry.

She scoffs and then leans forward, closer to the camera.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

I can be quite unpredictable, Megan. You see, for some reason, there’s like this conspiracy against me that I’m actually not good at what I do. They take one look at me and come up with the judgment that I’m just another dumb blonde who’s way too ambitious for her own good. They think my plan to make this little Phoenix championship more relevant is silly. They laugh every time I stand my ground and challenge them to a fight in the ring. Well, maybe not everyone thinks this way but this particular group of people, ya know? They’re just so... loud. It’s like-- It’s like they’re right here. (points to her ear) Telling me I’ve never good enough, over and over again. Despite the fact that I’ve been pretty much kicking ass in that ring since winning this title even though I did end up getting a stupid draw and a loss. But I still came back fighting because that’s just who I am. I can’t take ‘no’ for an answer easily. I just won’t. I have to prove myself out there every single time. Win or lose, I’m sure I’ve made all my past opponents question themselves. Why couldn’t I beat Blyss Lockhart? She was the worst member of the Empire back then. She only got the title match at Ascension because the Matthews siblings felt sorry for her. You call what she does wrestling? Couldn’t even beat the Grandslam for the tag titles or that random tag match against Ethan and Aries Armadaist. She’s not even bodacious, that skinny little bitch! Blah, blah, blah. Yet after every match, I hear these passing positive remarks backstage. The best compliments are the ones that come from those who had no choice but to second guess their first impressions of me. And this motivates me to work and perform harder.

She rests her chin on her hands, staring intensely into the camera.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

So what have you got to prove for yourself, Megan Andrews? I hear that your main drive is to outdo your younger sister Blaire who I happen to know of. (wrinkles her nose) What a coincidence. Well, not really. When I was still working in WEW, I was on a different brand than she was so I didn’t see much of her. But she did pretty well, didn’t she? On top of being a champion there, she’s also a successful actress. Boy, doesn’t that hurt to be the lesser known and lesser achieving sister. I get that, you know. The whole sibling rivalry thing. I have a sister too and she’s a successful fashion designer now. And back then, she’s the model child. Straight A student, kept her nose clean, creative and clearly the stronger one between us because she didn’t have to go to therap--

She stops herself, wincing a little. Clearing her throat, she puts on a smile again.

Blyss Lockhart
the.bodacious.blonde

What I meant to say is that I understand what it feels like to try to outshine your sister in something that you love and be recognized for it. But if that’s your only goal in this business, I don’t think it’s fair for you to take up space around here. As a real champion, (winks) I suggest you re-evaluate your purpose in the Insurgency. Because only then will the rest of the roster, management and the fans take you more seriously as a competitor whose finisher is called the ‘Sexy Squash’. Really, Megan? Looks like the star’s about to burn out and die as quickly as your pathetic debut match against Roxy Kay. Or the embarrasing handicap match (with) Roxy against my friend Jaci at Ascension. Take your pick.

She lets out a chuckle and looks away. Then she pulls herself up to her feet. The camera follows with a shot of her walking away before cutting to black.

Hard to let go of something
Once you get hold of it

----------------------------------------------------
OOC: Inspired by "The One" by Meg & Dia
Back to top Go down
Megan Andrews

Megan Andrews

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment: Heel

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews   Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:00 am

Things Can Change
STARRING: Megan Andrews
Blaire Andrews

I was sitting in my apartment...well really, I was going room from room trying to find Princess and trying to get everything together for when I had to leave for Battle Grounds. I had a feeling the puppy was hiding somewhere because she figured out that when I started packing shit up, I was going to be leaving her for a little bit. After searching for another 10 or so minutes, I finally threw my hands up in frustration and gave up on the search, at least temporarily. I wouldn't be able to finish packing everything since Princess had run off with a couple of of things that I needed to pack like my laptop, camera, and phone cords/chargers.

"That damn dog will do anything to keep me home right now, I swear she's going to drive me crazy until she gets used to me leaving for IWF. Alright Princess, you win! I'll stop packing for right now and finish up later! Come on out so we can go for a walk!"

I knew that would get her to come out of wherever she was, and sure enough, just a couple of minutes later, she came trotting out from behind the couch with her tail in the air and wagging. I grinned a bit and shook my head as I watched her drag my cords behind her, but I didn't plan on disciplining her for it since I knew she didn't take them to chew on them, just to try and keep me at home. It didn't take long before I had Princess's harness on her, and we were out the door. Naturally, people stared adoringly at the little dog, but when it came to who was walking her, they quickly avoided eye contact. It didn't matter to me either way; it was how I preferred it in all actuality.

"Stupid bitches just can't accept anyone that's different than they are, and yet, they wind up basically worshiping those that are different. It really makes no sense to me, but it all works out in the long run of things. I don't care if these sleazebags can't make eye contact with me because I know, in all reality, they absolutely and completely adore me, isn't that right pretty girl?"

I smirked a bit when Princess gave me a happy bark to tell me that she agreed with me. We were on our way to the small dog park that was down the street from my apartment complex when Princess managed to pull her leash out of my hand, although I wasn't entirely sure how. I rolled my eyes and groaned before I started chasing after her despite the fact of not being in the shoes to properly do so. While she never got out of my sight, the little dog could pick up some speed and stayed quite a bit ahead of me as I continued to shove through people to try and catch her.

"Yeah because all of you jackasses have never had to chase a dog. Thanks for the help, bitches!"

I ignored the scoffs of disgust and continued down the sidewalk, going a bit past the dog park that we were going to until I finally saw Princess at someone's feet. The person was leaned down, so I couldn't see who it was, but as I grew closer and slowed down, the person lifted their head up. When I saw that it was my little sister, I stopped dead in my tracks and groaned again. Why couldn't Princess have gone to a complete stranger instead? I really didn't feel like dealing with anyone from my family unless it was my little brother. I took a few steps closer and leaned down long enough to grab my puppy before immediately straightening up and stepping back a bit.

"Blaire...I guess that Princess knows what the rest of the family smells like. Too bad I haven't taught her to bite on command yet."

"I didn't realize she was your dog. Our brother didn't mention that you had gotten a puppy when he came home last week."

"Probably because he knows that I don't want a single one of you, aside from him, knowing a damn thing about my life. How's the failed career? Still wanting to try your hand in wrestling after getting your ass handed to you so much in WEW?"

"I'm pursuing singing now. Sports aren't my thing like I thought they could be. Acting is still on hold, but I'm set to start recording a demo CD soon. How's getting your ass handed to you week in and week out? At least I managed to make it into a title match rather than getting ever so close only to fail at it."

I rolled my eyes as I listened to my sister's weak attempt to get under my skin. She may have been in a title match, but she had failed miserably at it. I may not have actually reached the title match, but at least I held my own in the contendership match. I felt Princess licking my face, and I looked down long enough to give her a small grin before I looked back up at my sister, the grin no longer present on my face. I turned on my heel and started walking back towards the apartment, letting her think that she had gotten to me and gotten the last laugh, so to speak. I knew that she had a smile on her face, and I let her keep it for a few moments just to let her feel on top. I continued walking for a bit before I turned around, a smirk on my face as I looked back at her.

"At least I don't have to rely on mommy and daddy to take care of me and my career. I'm out on my own while you're still stuck at home like a pathetic, little loser."

Sexy Is As Sexy Does
STARRING: Megan Andrews

"Blyss Lockhart...I know your name, sweetie, and I know who you are. You see, I pay attention to those around me, especially those carrying gold. I'm pretty good about paying close attention to those that I plan on taking out and dethroning, so to speak. No one can win them all dear, so I'm not surprised by your wins and losses record, and I wasn't surprised when you retained your title at the pay-per-view. You seem to have done some of your history on me as well, but something you're mistaken about when it comes to my wimp of a little sister is that she choked in her title match. She failed miserably and never held a title in her unimportant run in WEW. But this isn't about my little sister and what she was unable to do, now is it?

No, it's not...this is about me and you. This is about my stepping into the ring with you and planning on giving you a run for your money. Do I think I'll win? Of course I do, who doesn't?! But I'm smart enough to know that just because I think I'll win, and I plan on trying my damnedest to win, doesn't mean that I will win. They see you as an unstoppable force, but that's where I come in. It may not be this match or even our next match together, but I will be the one that stops you. I will be the force that you just can't get through sooner or later. Don't think that tonight will be the only time we meet in the ring because it's not even close to it.

I enjoy injuring people, you see. I enjoy sending people to the hospital because they end up being just one more obstacle out of my way as I work my way up to greatness. All you are to me is just another one of those obstacles, but unlike the others, you may take just a bit longer to get out of my pathway. Nothing is forever, after all, and your reign of being unstoppable certainly isn't forever, either. One day, when you least expect it, I'll pop up and surprise you just as I did in my debut. But one thing about you, compared to who I sent to the hospital, is that you'll actually be worth a damn in taking out, and I can expect a fight from you compared to anyone else I would want to take out.

Enjoy having your pretty little face while I allow you to keep it, Blyss because soon you'll be just another burn victim as I burn through the roster to take my place as the Star of IWF. I call myself the Burning Star for a reason, and you'll find out why the hard way."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews   Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blyss Lockhart [vs.] Meghan Andrews
Page 1 of 1