Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alexander Raven [vs.] Parker Wayde

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Alexander Raven [vs.] Parker Wayde Empty
PostSubject: Alexander Raven [vs.] Parker Wayde   Alexander Raven [vs.] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:18 am

The two went at it in the triple threat match. They settle it NOW one on one!
Back to top Go down
P
Admin

Alexander Raven [vs.] Parker Wayde Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexander Raven [vs.] Parker Wayde   Alexander Raven [vs.] Parker Wayde I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Parker's House
A Rebuilt Empire?
Parker's Address

Just like last week, the scene opens up in the office, turned train wreck, that Parker calls his library. He is sitting in the same office chair, with his feet up on the desk in the same fashion as he was last week. However, the scene is not without its significant differences from last week. The room started by being bathed in darkness last week, this week, it is lit up. The mahogany desk looks to have been polished up. Some of the books that were on the floor have found their places back on the shelves. In Parker's lap is a significantly large book, but clearly its placement is not accidental. Our host, the man who finally snapped his streak last week, looks as if he had just been beaten again. There is no rejoicing. There is no winning spirit in the air. Parker's address last week told the story of his year thus far, apparently he does not see the future being any different.

-Parker-
Are my surroundings not up to your expectations?

He holds both of his hands up in the air, gesturing for everyone to take another look. Of course, he knows that everyone has already had the chance to soak in the view. The fact that he is drawing attention to it means he knows it is not what people had expected to see.

-Parker-
Were you expecting anything to be different from last week? Did you think that maybe in a week's time, a single win could help me turn this place into the Vennesla Library? Or, given the actual shape of this room, maybe the Angelica Library?

He pauses, and with a smile, he shakes his head.

-Parker-
Sometimes I think I am addressing people like myself when I talk. I assume that people know, that that people understand everything that I talk about. Normally, I stay away from making cultural references. Parker is just not the kind of person that wants to make all of you feel beneath me. I would rather you hate me for the kind of person that I am, and not the things that I know, or the things that I have seen, that you have not. Many of you have not been in Norway. Many of you have only seen Rome in pictures. Maybe none of you were forced to take an architectural design class to get a degree that you will never use. Perhaps it would be better for me to ask if you thought I would be sitting inside the Sistine Chapel. That seems to be a place that we can all think of for its beauty and its pristine nature. The point I am trying to make is that there are probably some of you that are tuning in just to see how much I turned things around from last week. I talked about a chandelier that used to hang just above my head, maybe some of you thought that since I finally hopped off the losing bandwagon, that I would have lit this place up as beautifully as it was before. Maybe you expected the mess of this room to have been swept away. I have a hard time trying not to laugh at the people that think that.

He smiles again, this time tapping his fingers on the cover of the book in his lap. The cover, is out of view, the spine of the book is blank. Parker will let us all know what it is that he is keeping from us on his own time. The book draws the attention of the viewers, regardless. Maybe all Parker is trying to do is make them raise questions. How many different things could it be? Maybe he wants people to draw their own conclusions as to what Parker would read in his down time, so that he can enjoy smashing their assumptions to pieces. We can do nothing but wait... and wonder.

-Parker-
This room has taken a beating since the end of January. Parker has nothing left to hide when it comes to how this library has been flipped upside down. I walked you through it step, by step, last week. If you were paying attention, you know about how it has been over five months of frustration that has been built here. Therefore, if you were tuning in, thinking that one win carries more weight than five months' worth of losses, I am sorry to disappoint you. Actually, I am not sorry to disappoint you. Not even in the least. If you are watching, and that is what you expected, then you are a fool. It is irrational to think that one win can make a difference. It is naive for people to think that pinning the likes of Storming Raven would be significant to me. I told you last week, this is a person that cannot even keep his girlfriend of stripping at a bar, and banging someone that looks more feminine than she does. This is a person that has done nothing, and will continue to do nothing in this business. If I had picked someone out of the front row, hit them over the head with a frying pan, and then pinned them, it would have meant more to my career than beating Storming Raven. He is not a hurdle. He is not a speed bump. He is not even a rock in my path. As far as I am concerned, nothing has changed. If you need help figuring that out, let me demonstrate.

Parker takes his feet off the table and places them on the floor. He carefully places the book on the table, face down, with the spine turned away from us. Parker steps around the desk and reaches down to the floor. From the floor, he picks up a sorry excuse for a sheet of paper. The bottom third has been ripped away. The top left corner is missing. The remaining, seems to have been stepped on so many times that the writing that used to be on it, is long gone. He straightens himself, steps in front of the desk, and leans back against it, holding the piece of paper out in front of the camera.

-Parker-
This.... [He points to the paper with his free hand] ... this is Storming Raven. This disgusting scrap of paper mirrors what Storming Raven is, in the grand scheme of Parker's career. I would go as far as to say that this scrap of paper mirrors him perfectly, but that would be unfair to the paper. At some point, it was whole, and new. At some point, the words that were scribbled onto it were important. Nobody writes down something that does not need to be written. That would be irrational. This paper once served a purpose. To say it was EXACTLY like Steve would be an insult to this scrap of paper. However, in its current state, it serves its purpose perfectly.

Parker balls up the paper, and tosses it into the wastebasket next to the desk. He turns back to the camera with a smug look on his face.

-Parker-
Need any more explanation than that? That piece of paper was what Steve means to my career. My pinning him in the middle of the ring was just like me throwing that trash into the trash. That paper mirrored his status in this company and the effort it took for me to throw it into the garbage is the same amount of effort it took for me to beat him at Battlegrounds. Therefore, maybe for those of you that thought I would have made this place beautiful this week, now you have a clearer picture of what I think of that victory. Is this room any less of a disaster area? Or rather, is my career in any better shape? Statistically, I suppose it is. Does it really look any different though?

Parker stops leaning against the desk and goes back around to his chair. As he sits, he kicks away from the desk so that he can put his feet back up. As soon as his heels touch the table, he moves the book back to his lap. Parker takes a minute to look around. Last week he did so in order to put a name, or a place, to his pain. This week, he is just allowing everyone to absorb the information that he has given him or her. He has already planned his moves five steps ahead of the audience this week. This is no heartfelt confession.

-Parker-
So what have we touched on so far? We have put aside your irrationality. We have pointed out that Steve and his slut's relationship exploded faster than Ace Static did on her face in that video. Let us call that one, "the pitfalls of sexual passions." Notice, you will never see Parker chasing around some female. Hop on twitter and ask a bitch like Peaches about what it is like to be having a fling with Parker. We seem to be right on schedule.

He once again taps the cover of the book with the index finger of his left hand. He runs his thumb across the bottom edge of the pages, trying to think of the right words to say what he wants to say.

-Parker-
That relationship always makes me smile. Maybe it is just the role that I played in its finality. Maybe it is the fact that I cannot look at a scrap of paper like Steve without mocking him in my head. Being in the ring with him just makes his, likely subsided, heartbreak funnier to me. Maybe it is because it serves a purpose for what I am trying to tell you. Let us be honest with ourselves, it is the latter. If you think I would be sitting here thinking about something I through in the wastebasket unless it tied into the actual reason I am talking to you, than you are very mistaken. That love, between Steve and his fiancé, was broken, because it was built on a shaky foundation. I call that foundation, "wanting to bang each other." Things like that are bound to blow up in your face. You need a spark, and then a real connection to form a real love with someone... or rather... something.

Parker again pauses. In his head, it is to let the pre-recorded "Ooooohhhh" soundtrack he remembers from childhood sitcoms play in his head. Everyone knows he has given the viewers a glimpse of a puzzle piece, now they are just waiting for him to snap it into the big picture.

-Parker-
A real love is when you find something that gives you that sense of excitement. You need that spark to kick-start everything. There has to be some kind of mutual interest to get everything going, but that cannot be your foundation. Instead, that spark has to be the one thread that holds all of the new ties together. Imagine a house being built around a central support beam. That beam is the spark. Without that spark, the whole house falls down. On the other hand, without the structure you build around that beam, you have nothing. One needs the other. A spark needs a bigger connection to help keep it together. Parker has had his fair share of sparks with a fair share of ladies, but only one time has he ever made a significant connection, or even attempted to. Parker was sixteen years old. Just getting started on his mission of plowing through ladies, but something else caught his eye and held his attention without having to unwrap it first.

Parker waits. He did not want that to go over the heads of the people watching. That joke was too good to allow it not to be appreciated.

-Parker-
Anyways, so one thing had my full attention, and the best thing about it was, it did not hinder all the ladies from keeping Parker in his full upright and locked position. That one love, has driven Parker to the very place that he stands now, and despite how low he gets, no matter what, that love is there. When Parker was sixteen he found out that he was a naturally good athlete, especially when it came to wrestling. I loved hurting people and not getting in trouble for it, and when Wake Forest came knocking at my door saying that I had the chance to do it for them after high school, I knew I was going to do it for the rest of my life. The spark that I found, was doing the same things that I am being paid to do in front of an audience now. Granted, many of the things I do in the ring now, I could not have done then. Wrestling was the thing that kept my mind right. However, I needed something else to build that foundation on. At first, it was the fact that my dad always wanted me to go to college, and I needed a way to do that, that would not put him out any money. Next, it was being able to be paid to do it. Everyone needs something to pay the bills, and I get to love what I do to pay mine. Third, and the most solid foundation that I built onto my spark, is that I want the world to remember my name. I want to be the household star that nobody has been able to jump up and be for this company, in a long time. Let us face it, we have been riding on the shell formerly known as Corey Casey for far too long. That horse is long dead, and we just keep beating it anyways. It is not just that we enjoy beating it, or him, as much as it is that every other shining star has burnt out instead of pushing it to that next level. IWF has faltered because we have allowed ourselves to be led by a shell of a man that can barely walk, let alone have a company on his back or made in his image. We have watched stars perish instead of taking control of what is theirs. Stygian? Remington? Myself? We have all watched stars rise as high as they can possibly go, only to fade. We watch as someone says they are the face of the company only to watch them trip up. Then we fall back on Corey Casey.

He stops and looks up at the bookshelves behind him, trying to remember what it was that he had said last week. He nods, and then taps both hands on the book before swiftly scooping his feet off the table and laying the book down. He flips through page after page until he finds what he is looking for. Once he does, he reads it aloud for his audience.

-Parker-

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.”

There is your answer folks. War and Peace. If you have not read it, maybe now you can at least understand it. It talks about some of the same things that I have talked about just now.

The irrationality of human beings.

The pitfalls of love based on practically nothing.

The value of a real love.

The failure of your leadership.

The reason that these stars have burnt out is because once anyone trips up, they take their little ball, and they go home. When you are on top of the mountain, the only place to go is down. Stygian got knocked off the top, and decided that he was not going to watch himself slide all the way back to the bottom. Alexander Remington, you do not see him making a big splash when he cares to show his face either. Me? I climbed all the way up to the top, faster than anyone else in history, and then watched myself slide all the way down to the bottom.

[I]Parker closes the book, and places it on the previously empty self behind him. He looks slightly annoyed to have to hear himself tell the truth about where he is right now. His smile is gone again. His one-liners are already fading from his memory. He is, once again, all about business.

-Parker-
If you all go running out into the streets and tell people that you know everything there is to know about War and Peace by quoting the same quote I did, or throwing out the same themes that I did, you would be laughed at, given the person is just as ignorant as you are. I have merely picked out the pieces of a book, or I suppose books, and applied them to my situation. Steve and his fleeting love. Your irrational thoughts. My undying love for this business. The failure that IWF has become by not extinguishing the flame of Corey Casey more than a year ago. There is so much more to pieces to that puzzle, and I do not care to explain them all to you. I do not have the wisdom to tell you people about love, or life, or death. You would not believe it coming from me anyways. I am not here to teach you a life lesson, I am here to tell you exactly what I want you to know about me. What I quoted to you, was what I have thought about for the last six days.

Time and Patience.

These stars always seem to burn out because once they start to slip, they walk away. Once they look in the mirror and see their light flicker, even just once, they call it quits and walk away. I put myself in that group so that you would see me in that light. I was just reeling you in, so that I could knock you out. I watched myself free fall, I was patient, and I knew that my time was going to come once again. Instead of quitting when I was ahead, I came back and plummeted to the bottom. That is because of how much I want you to remember me. Whether you think of me as the Grand Slam Champion, or the kid that could not win for five months, you are thinking of me. Those that aren't? Maybe they will learn my name on my rise back to the top, because I assure you , that is what this is. I have been patient, and now playtime is over. So far, I only have one loose end to tie up.

Parker turns slightly, and opens the drawer to his left. What he pulls out is a sheet of paper. He closes the drawer without grabbing anything to write with. He doesn't put it on the desk, instead holds it in both hands just above the desk.

-Parker-
“One must be cunning and wicked in this world.”

Of these things, I am both. I admitted such to you people last week, just as I have every week before that. I have never once hidden who I am from you people. You do not dislike me because of how I mistreat you, or how I talk down to you. You hate me as fundamentally as I love doing the things you hate me for. Are we ever going to see eye to eye? Probably not. What we can both agree on, right now, is that I have a certain piece of paper that needs to be dealt with.

He stops, with a confused look on his face.

-Parker-
That was supposed to be metaphorical, but I guess it is literal too.

Parker shrugs it off and continues.

-Parker-
Alexander Raven did not lose last week, but he did not win either. He escaped. He lived to fight another day. However, that day, is today. I have this sheet of paper for you Alex. So far, you have proven one thing to me, and that is that you are head and shoulders above Storming Raven. If you need proof, replay this video. He is a broken, stepped on, half sheet of paper. You, my friend, are a clean and fresh, complete, white sheet of paper. I guess in the scheme of things that still does not amount to very much. That is neither here, nor there. The thing is, last week you told me the same thing that I told myself. You said that I am a shell of the person that I used to be. I will take that even a step further than you did. I am a shell of the person that I used to be, and what I did last week did not change that one bit. A long time ago, a very smart man said that, true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing. The way I see it, if a phrase can last a few thousand years it has to be worth a little something, right? I know that I know nothing about you. I cannot tear into you as I can Steve because honestly, we have not had much to discuss, have we? Last week we exchanged blows, but once again, I will say that you did not actually lose. That being said, I did not actually beat you. I just told all of these people that I am on my way back to the top, and throwing a piece of trash like Steve into the garbage was just a sneak peek of what is to come. You are a loose end. You are a plain white piece of paper that I need to figure out what to do with. Are you going to end up in the garbage with the other Raven? Are you going to show me that you were a lot more than just a white piece of paper this whole time?

The ball is in your court.

Alexander Raven!

This is your Final Call!
Back to top Go down

Alexander Raven [vs.] Parker Wayde
Page 1 of 1