Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Request for the roster (All Read)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 0-0-0
Alignment:

Request for the roster (All Read) Empty
PostSubject: Request for the roster (All Read)   Request for the roster (All Read) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:17 am

Hey guys, I just got this idea, and it seems pretty straightforward, so I'm gonna go ahead and ask the whole roster to do this.  We know you like big flashy entrances and all that, and we try to accommodate you.  Song lyrics, formatting changes, colored text, whatever you like, we try to let you have within reason.  However if we can get everyone who has anything special as far as coding goes in their entrances to go to your bio (you can edit the original post since you made it) and enclose it in code tags?  That's great.  Also, please do not put and of the centering commands in your ring entrance, it gums up the show when it's posted, cause the board doesn't handle nested tags very well.  The shows are posted centered, so it will come out fine.

Code:
[code][/code]

There's the commands, easy, simple.  Here's an old entrance of mine for example:

Code:
[color=violet][b]Heather Thompson
((Introducing first OR And his/her opponent)),weighing in at 315 pounds; from Bullhead City, Arizona; he is “The Black Dragon” and you are not prepared; THIS…IS…STYGIAN! [/b][/color]

The lights die out, every last light in the joint is gone.  Fans light lighters…well since nobody fucking smokes anymore, there aren’t many lighters lit, but a few.  Others hold up their cameras with the flashes lit, or their phones with either the selfsame, or a stupid app that makes it look like they’re holding up a lit lighter.   Hell, the IWF marketing department shamelessly sells small LED squeeze lights with Black Dragon logos on them for fans to hold up at moments like this.  Regardless of the illuminating device, fans are holding them up and the audience looks like they’re at a Poison concert waiting to hear “Every Rose Has It’s Thorn”.  But instead, they hear the sound of a dragon flapping its wings, and then a deep, resonant roar fills the arena as the creature suddenly appears on the jumbotron overhead and lands atop a jagged, black volcanic mountain.  A few feet below where the winged beast lands, a lava fissure cracks, and magma cascades down the sheer cliff face and appears to spill onto the stage below, where the silhouette of a man stands.  The lava vanishes behind him, and appears to fill up a molten armor chestpiece until it glows yellow-orange.  

[size=18][b][color=#feba03]YOU ARE NOT PREPARED[/color][/b][/size]

A wall of fire erupts, blocking the stage and even the jumbotron itself.  Flames shoot down either side of the ramp, and when it gets to the end, the ring posts light up and burn like torches as the eye is naturally turned back to the entrance ramp where Stygian stands replete in his full regalia, and with a scalloped black over-the shoulder cape as the opening cord of the first verse of Jorn’s “End of Time” rings throughout the arena.
[b][color=#feba03]I have a dream to start over again
In silence bleeding - is the heartbroken man
Turning the pages I'm longing for grace
I'm fading picture of a human in rage[/color][/b]

Stygian walks down the flaming ramp with a snarl on his face through the second verse.  He glances back and forth into the crowd, but never once reaches to slap an outstretched hand or even smile.  Instead he steps just over the edge of the ringside mats, undoes the cape and lets it slide off and raises his hands in time with the chorus.  When he does, the ring posts erupt in pillars of flame that seem to reach high enough to burn god’s ballsack.  

[b][color=#feba03]Tell me who we are
Coming from afar
See the distant star
In a flying car
It's a future world
Go and get your girl
Reach for the sky to the end of time[/color][/b]

Stygian runs and dives under the bottom rope, pushing himself up to his feet in a surprisingly quick motion for such a large man.  He ((fixes his stern gaze on his opponent, awaiting the start of the match.  <<OR>> wheels around to face the entrance ramp, leaning on the top rope with both hands and awaiting his arrival.))

What this does is let us copy and paste the entrance directly into the match.  In the past writers have either had to use the quote function, or try to do it by hand.  That's an extra step that writers don't need.  So if you have any format changes in your entrance, use the code tags, it takes two seconds.  If you're fine with your entrance being the plane text version?  You don't need to worry about this.

From here on out, we will not be asking writers to worry about quoting posts to get the proper formatting for entrances.  If you want different colors and stuff, you now know how to do it.  otherwise the entrance in your bio will be treated as C&P (this isn't up for debate).  It may seem like a little step, but there are already enough little steps in match writing as is, ask anyone who's ever written.  Anytime you can save the writers a step, it gets shows out quicker.

Thanks,
Stygian
Back to top Go down
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Request for the roster (All Read)   Request for the roster (All Read) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 am

Also, if everyone can go through and if you have song lyrics, please cut them to two verses or less. I know I'm guilty as anyone else; this is one of those things I've learned as I've gone on. In talking with a lot of people across a lot of feds I've come to realize two things about lyrics in a ring entrance:

They make it unnecessarily long.

Nobody reads the fucking lyrics. If you know the person's song, you know the lyrics anyway. If you don't know it, you don't care, so you skip them.

This isn't a requirement, but it's something you should seriously think about.
Back to top Go down
Stygian

Stygian

Wrestler Stats
Alignment:

PostSubject: Re: Request for the roster (All Read)   Request for the roster (All Read) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Also, if you don't have an entrance, make one. Again, writing matches is tedious and a processes of a thousand little steps. Having a properly coded entrance is your responsibility. Writers are not required to write an entrance for you. This also includes "special" entrances that deviate from what's in your bio for whatever reason. (Big match, special occasion, et al.) Anyone not providing an entrance will get a standard "so-and-so walks to the ring" at the writer's discretion. Some of them are nice and will write it, but it's not required for them, it's required by you. That's why it's on the bio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request for the roster (All Read)   Request for the roster (All Read) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Request for the roster (All Read)
Page 1 of 1