Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New fed name

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JHawk

JHawk

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: Best Full Throttle Champion EVER!!!!!
Alignment: Face

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:13 pm

So Chuck and I have been talking about the new fed name for a while now. And we figured that it was best if the new fed name had something to do with a phoenix since a phoenix is a pretty great symbol on our history. So we thought we should keep that.

Do you agree? Disagree?

Anyways. Here are some of the names we came up with.

All Star Wrestling.
All Star Phoenix Wrestling.
Phoenix Wrestling Alliance/Federation/Promotion.
Rising Phoenix Wrestling.

Do you have any ideas for the new fed name. Post it here. Because this is our fed! Your opinion matters.

So BRAINSTORM GUYS! BRAINSTORM!!
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 12-16-2
Alignment: Heel

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:16 pm

ASW and RPW are probably my favorites.

Though ASW is only funny to me because it's one letter away from that indy place Apollos and I ran for a while. So I guess I sort of see it as flipping off the old place...like if we were to name a PPV "No Limits" or something. LOL
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:18 pm

RPW chyoo
Back to top Go down
Sean Libby

Sean Libby

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 3-4-0
Alignment: In Between

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Personnally i disagree. To me, and it is fact, that no matter what the fed is called, its that the talent, and fun people have in efeds that make efeds great.

If you guys want to change the fed, go ahead. I'm staying threw this.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:39 pm

I totally agree with you Sean, it's not the name, it's the guys making up the fed that matter.

But on the flip side of that coin, there's a certain image we should try and put out for potential new members. I mean, once you join, you realize this place is fucking awesome. But to an outsider, we want to ensure that the public image is one of creativity and a fun atmosphere. Part of that is having a name that appeals to people, that makes them wonder "Alright...what is this all about?"

Insurgency has some negative connotations. As I told (I think) Brandon, Rebellion and Insurgency technically mean the same thing...but Rebellion brings out a sense of power to the people, makes people think of revolution, overthrowing oppression.

Insurgency tends to bring about an image of a dude in a turban, trying to blow up a building.

Not exactly the image we want to be giving people, you know?
Back to top Go down
Sean Libby

Sean Libby

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 3-4-0

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Well honestly, when i joined i was friendly greeted by Jay Hawk and you Chuck if i remembred. And i knew that i was going to enjoy it here. This fed, itself has everything to be great. The only thing that i think is holding it back its that its not anywere else for others to find it.

What this place needs to do is find people like Jay found me (Gfed) or TWG (The Wrestling Game) If IWF is to sucseed you guys need to just be nice and friendly to people. And always be cool around them.
Back to top Go down
JHawk

JHawk

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: Best Full Throttle Champion EVER!!!!!

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Dude Sean.

You make it sound like we are ruining the fed. We are just re-naming it because Insurgency doesn't really make that much sense anymore. The fed is just getting an overhaul after Isolation, with the second show addition and the draft and all that. So a new name is fitting.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Well, at the same time, he makes a point. Part of me isn't a fan of renaming the fed for the sole reason that I think the name shouldn't matter.

But there's that other part that says this needs to happen...and since we're sort of turning things upside down with the draft and shit, this might be the most opportune time to do so.

I mean, think of when WWF changed to WWE. Same company, same product, same workers...all that changed were the letters.

We're still a brand new fed. Some places are run for years and years. We've been open a little over 2 months. Right now, we're in a sort of rebuilding phase, where we've had time to see what works and what doesn't, and we can sort of pick apart the fed, fine-tune it to work out any kinks, and when we come out of this brief rebuilding phase, we'll be even better than we are now. But one of those kinks, I think, is the name of the fed.

But like Jason said. This is your fed too. Clearly, there's at least one member who is totally opposed to a name change, and that's cool. If that's what most people think, then whatever, we won't change it. But after talking to a few guys, a lot seem to think this is a good idea, and a good time to do it. And if that's the case, and Sean is the only one that thinks changing the name is pointless...we can't please everybody all the time. So we try and go with the majority wherever we can.
Back to top Go down
BMac

BMac

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 24-7-2

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Especially since the Insurgency is sort of dark, and was really only meant at a direct link to the old fed, but since we are trying to distance ourselves, it makes sense we canhge it. Personally, I like RPW
Back to top Go down

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:38 pm

RPW FTW!
Back to top Go down

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:23 pm

RPW it is!!!!
Back to top Go down

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:37 am

There are way too many feds with "Phoenix" in their names. I've been in three myself. I personally like the fed name the way it is now, no need to change the fed just because you're adding new shows/brands.
Back to top Go down

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:37 am

Bryant Tanner wrote:
There are way too many feds with "Phoenix" in their names. I've been in three myself. I personally like the fed name the way it is now, no need to change the fed just because you're adding new shows/brands.

This is the stuff.

Phoenix is easily one of the most common usage e-fed names (character or fed) out there, the only one I can think of that is more overused is a female character named Angel.

If you are set on changing the name, try and keep the letters.

Intense is probably a bit cliched, but it'd work in a scrape.

What about Iconic Wrestling Federation? It's a pretty epic sounding name.

Iconoclast Wrestling-- Keeps the feeling of rebellion, and breaking from the status quo.

Ignition Wrestling--- Keeps the Phoenix imagery.

Illict Wrestling-- Invokes an old school ECW style gritty feel.

Illuminati Wrestling--- I keed, I keed. Mebbe.

International Wrestling-- Kind of bland, in all honesty, but it gives it a "classic" feel.

And I'm not going to keep looking at all these I words, but there's some ideas for thought at least.

If not...

I vote All-Star Wrestling, mainly cause like Tanner said, Phoenix is plaaaaayed out.
Back to top Go down
Corey Casey

Corey Casey

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 27-12-1

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:28 am

ASW hahaha nice Chuckles.

I like RPW...but, now that i'm thinking about it, Titus and Tanner kind of have a point with the played out aspect of the Phoenix. But, at the same time, The Phoenix signifies who we are and like, where we came from and shit and it holds a special meaning to the guys who are in this fed and who came from the ashes of our old fed. Honestly, i'm a big fan of RPW but i also don't mind Iconic Wrestling Federation. I don't know, Titus kinda came up with a good idea with that one...it's got a good classic feel to it and it just sounds cool!
Back to top Go down
https://insurgencywrestling.forumotion.com/forum

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:08 am

I can understand where you are coming from regarding the Phoenix, it's a symbol of what the fed is, and you don't want to lose that. But that doesn't mean it needs to be in the name itself, you could just incorporate it into the logo in some way, and have a name like All Star Wrestling.

However, I do like the name Rising Phoenix Wrestling, it's pretty sweet too.
Back to top Go down
Chuck Matthews
Admin

Wrestler Stats

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Titus Black wrote:

Ignition Wrestling

That's pretty badass.

I do agree with the Phoenix thing...but at the same time, my thoughts are that Insurgency needs to go. As for whether we keep IWF, or if we use a phoenix imagery, that's up to you guys. I just have an issue with continuing to use a name that we came up with in 20 seconds becausewe needed to get the site set up fast.
Back to top Go down

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:22 pm

I like Ignition Wrestling or Iconoclast, personally. I just don't see why Insurgency "needs" to go. So you only came up with it in 20 seconds, it's still one of the more original names I've seen in this game in awhile.
Back to top Go down

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:11 pm

I see your point guys. Phoenix is a tad overused if you think about it. With that in mind, Ignition sounds awesome, and that way we won't have to change the acronym, we can leave it as IWF and save ourselves much time changing the name's of titles etc.
Back to top Go down

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Here's what we take away from this, my ideas are awesome.

Also there's no reason to get rid of the Phoenix imagery, but you don't need it in the name itself either. Think of the old school WWF Eagle Belt, that Eagle was a visual image, but they didn't rename the show Eagle Talon Wrestling Federation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New fed name Empty
PostSubject: Re: New fed name   New fed name I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New fed name
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: Out of Character :: Discussions-
Jump to: