Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dillinger

Alex Dillinger

Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart Empty
PostSubject: Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart   Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:00 am

IWF HIGH IMPACT CHAMPIONSHIP
LADDER MATCH
Flex Johnson
[vs]
Blyss Lockhart

RP MINIMUM: 500 WORDS
Back to top Go down
Blyss

Blyss

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: 14-11-1
Alignment: In Between

PostSubject: Re: Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart   Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:07 pm

”Equilibrium”

Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart Tumblr_m1z77mKPgA1r99f4t

P R O L O G U E

Do you know what’s the best part about today?

Waking up with the sun on my face. The comforting silence of home. Fully alive, the kind I can feel throughout my whole being. And when I gently push the covers away, swing my legs over the bed and touch the carpeted floor with my feet, I’m at ease. For the first time in weeks, I’m glad to be here.

I don’t expect you to understand and you never will. It’s not because you refuse to but because you’re incapable of it. I guess what they say is true; for every positive thing, there’s the negative. And so, there’s me and then there’s you.

I guess you can say that without me, there’s no you. I mean, I did make you as what you are now and what you’ve always been. The problem was that I let you. I let you take over my mind and shadow my heart. I was a prisoner within myself and on the outside, I wasn’t truly the best person to be around with.

Everything was a challenge, the good and the bad. I could control yet at the same time, I couldn’t. My own confusion confuses others, eventually frustrating them and causing them to keep their distance or leave completely. I blamed them and then myself when really, I was blaming you.

But you already know this and I’m glad you are keeping your distance.

I’ll paint it on the walls
‘Cause I’m the one at fault
I’ll never fight again
And this is how it ends

Sunday - 2 weeks before FTA

It’s in the middle of training in some gym that Gordon suggested. It’s been a long time since they’ve trained together. She first thought that it’s best that they didn’t because things weren’t great between them after the break-up but since he was willing to make amends and this is one of the things that they did before, she doesn’t want to lose this and is glad (and also relieved) that the offer still stands. And with a shot at a second title at the biggest pay-per-view of the year, she finds herself thinking about the days before that big match at Ascension when she won her first title with him as her tag team partner.

She tries to keep her focus these days on facing Flex Johnson at FTA and winning her second title but today her concentration is just off. With each attempt to learn this new move Gordon is teaching her now, she gets more and more frustrated. Having had enough, she stops and goes over to a bench to sit down.

Blyss Lockhart
Fuck this! I can’t do that. I need a break.

Gordon is having none of it.

Gordon Fury
Do you think Flex is gonna let you take a break? Do you think he is gonna let you try again later? Get off your arse and try again, Blyss.

She stares defiantly up at him.

Gordon Fury
Now.

Blyss Lockhart
We haven’t had a break since we began. I can’t sit down for a second? Damn!

But she stands up anyways, grumbling to herself. After a basic combination of jabs, elbow and cross, she tries it again. First, a straight left punch to the face, a right foot to the ribs then an elbow to the head. It’s yet another slow attempt and she keeps hesitating on every step.

Blyss Lockhart
Sorry, this doesn’t seem like I’m getting any better. I mean, I know what to do but I don’t know why I’m hesitating! Ugh!

She throws a punch in frustration and Gordon drops the bag as he easily catches her fist in his free hand.

Gordon Fury
Sit the fuck down.

Blyss slumps down on the bench and Gordon crouches in front of her.

Gordon Fury
What is going on, Blyss? This isn’t just rust, something is wrong. 

She looks up at him and he meets her gaze.

Gordon Fury
Talk to me.

Blyss Lockhart
It’s nothing, really. Just the combination of everything lately and I guess I’m just tired. I don’t really know. All I’m thinking about is that damn title and all I’ve been doing is just travel from city to city for the next show, hang out with people and whatever else I can fit into my schedule. The days kinda blur together now and it’s like I don’t know what the hell I’m doing anymore.

She bites her lower lip and shakes her head.

Blyss Lockhart
I’m so out of it and I don’t even realize the things I do. So in the end, I piss people off.

She pauses, stealing glances.

Blyss Lockhart
...Including you.

Gordon Fury
Welcome to the life of a wrestler, Blyss. Always on the move, always going from show to show, things start to blur for people. Some more than others. You need to focus on your goal and commit everything to it. You are better than this Blyss and we both know it. You just need to bite the bullet and keep moving.

Blyss notices that he sidesteps her last statement.

Blyss Lockhart
That IS what I’ve been doing. To the point like I’m running right now. It’s not that I want it to stop. I just want it to slow down a bit, you know? I want to enjoy this chase for my goals because if it gets too fast and I end up miserable, what’s the point?

It’s something she’s heard of from somewhere before and now she’s beginning to understand why that person said it. She’s never thought much of it till now. She pauses to let that sink in first.

Gordon Fury
Wish in one hand and shit in the other. I know it seems harsh but that is just how it is. I want to not have head trauma, I want to not be a seedy drunk, I want my brother to not be dead and I want Brandon Macdonald to fall down an elevator shaft.  But we can’t always get what we want in life. To keep your head above water, you just have to keep your legs kicking even when you want to stop.  Because if you stop, you drown.  It is as simple as that.

A silent moment passes and she looks at him before clearing her throat.

Blyss Lockhart
Gordon, I wanna apologize for what I said to you that day about your match and Brandon. I didn’t mean to offend you. I was kind of caught up with the whole forgiving people thing after Flex, Zane and Aries that I thought I could add Brandon to the list. That’s all there is to it.

He looks away from her and clenches his fists.

Gordon Fury
It’s fine. You made your choice to back him over me and I respect that.  I’m sure you will be there for him to cry on when I retain my title.

She frowns and quickly stops herself from snapping at him. She tries to speak calmly.

Blyss Lockhart
First of all, sure, we can’t always get what we want but that doesn’t mean we should stop trying for it. And second of all, Gordon, I did not make a choice to back him over you. I never said that. The main thing I told him wasn’t even about the match. It was about his stupid Twitter picture icon. But you know what? After pissing off you and Wayne and even somewhat disappointing Blake, I will not wish anyone good luck for a match again. Seems like a crime, right?

She rolls her eyes and looks away. He clenches his fists before walking up to the nearest bag and firing a side kick into it. The move sends the bag swinging.

Gordon Fury
YOU THINK THAT IS WHAT THIS IS ABOUT!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING!? The good luck thing stung a bit at first but I got over it and Wayne was being a little bitch. Do you honestly have no idea?

His outburst shocks her and she just sits there, listening and feeling more guilty. She knows she needed to bring it up and apologize for it but she honestly thought that he wouldn’t still be this angry.

Gordon Fury
You DEFENDED him to me, Blyss! Don’t you fucking get that? After EVERYTHING he has done, everything he has put me through, which you know because you were still with me, you have the fucking NERVE to defend him to me! What the fuck am I supposed to think? How did you think I would react to “everyone has their reasons, Gordon”?  Did you think I would react like “Oh yeah that’s right, Blyss, I suppose I will ignore the fact he is a selfish cunt”? Tell me, Blyss, what did you expect me to think?

And now he’s waiting for her answer but she doesn’t want to tell him the real reason why. This might be the last time he would keep the offer to train her open.

Blyss Lockhart
I... I don’t know, Gordon. I’m sorry.

She tries to think of a way to get this over with.

Blyss Lockhart
You know I wasn’t truly defending him. I mean, I get it. That was wrong. I’m sorry. If I can take it back, I will. Really.

Gordon looks into her eyes before slowly replying.

Gordon Fury
No. I don’t buy that, not for a second. Everything we say and do in life, whether we regret it or not, is said and done for a reason. I want to know the real reason. And I want it now. I will know if you are lying to me.

She stares back at him, making a decision. Then she shakes her head and looks down at the floor.

Blyss Lockhart
I was... Thing is... Okay, honestly, when I said what I said to Brandon over Twitter was really just about his picture. That’s all. But when you messaged me, saying how you were offended by it, I... I went with it. I wanted you to know that I was bitter about the fact that you’re the world champion now while I... I lost my title that same night you won yours.

She sighs, cringing a little. She doesn’t dare to see the look on his face.

Blyss Lockhart
So I sort of defended Brandon even though I didn’t want to but because I was... well, you know... It was a mistake, okay?

The immense guilt she felt that day returns and as she looks up, she immediately wishes she hasn’t said a single word. Gordon is trying desperately to keep his cool but he is visibly shaking. She looks back down again at her feet, clenching her jaw tightly.

Gordon Fury
So let me get this straight. I achieved a goal that you ALWAYS supported me on but because YOU lost your title, you decided to punish me by having Brandon’s back, KNOWING how I would feel about it?

Gordon grabs onto a nearby bag, digging his fingers in, trying to breathe. He has to get it under control, because if he lets it out, he may not be able to stop himself. His back is now facing her.

Gordon Fury
I can’t... I can’t even look at you right now.

She stands up, her eyebrows furrowed together in great distress.

Blyss Lockhart
Gordon, I feel really bad about that, okay? I was just... I couldn’t help but be angry about it. But I know I shouldn’t. And I’m NOT supporting Brandon against you. Please know that. Even when I said those things, I wasn’t.

She takes a couple of steps towards him.

Blyss Lockhart
Please, Gordon. I didn’t mean to hurt you like that.

She reaches out to turn him around but decides against it. She knows better.

Blyss Lockhart
Please forgive me.

Gordon keeps taking deep breaths.

Gordon Fury
Of course you did, it’s why you did it. You would not have done it if it didn’t hurt me. There would have been no point to it. I know I hurt you Blyss but you told me you understood. We buried the hatchet, we moved on and you STILL did that to me.

Blyss pushes back a few loose tendrils of hair behind her right ear, exhaling slowly. She knows what she did is low but it happened because that bitterness, which she’s tried to suppress for the past few weeks, still lingers. She was a mess and she wanted him to be the same. She didn’t believe when he said he was too even though his friend Lea could vouch for it.

But slowly she has begun to believe and honestly wants things to work out between them. During the entire time they argued over Twitter, she felt guilty and regretted every word she said. Yet, she pushed him further and further. The fact that it was so easy to do so truly frightens her.

Finally, to her relief, Gordon turns around to face her.

Gordon Fury
I can’t keep doing this, Blyss. We have to either be cool or you have to hate me. You can’t have it both ways. What is to stop you from feeling bitter again and pulling something else like this? I want this to work but you HAVE to want it too with EVERYTHING you have. If not, tell me now.

It isn’t all that fair how he’s messed up before and she gave him another chance but when it’s her, he can’t seem to forgive. She grits her teeth and forces herself to shake off that thought. Even though she didn’t quite mean the last time when she said that she would try to make things work between them because she was still mad about it all, in this very moment she does and wants to renew that promise.

There’s no good in looking back in anger. It’s a big process which will not happen overnight but it’s taking steps like this that will help. Furthermore, didn’t she wish to make a new beginning for herself just a few weeks ago?

She looks him in the eyes and nods her head.

Blyss Lockhart
You’re right. We moved on and I went and did that. I don’t know what else to tell you except I’m sorry and that I do want this to work. This time, I really mean it.

She takes a step back and glances around the gym.

Blyss Lockhart
So, uh... if you don’t wanna do this anymore, this training I mean, I understand. I don’t wanna be a burden to you.

Gordon takes a step towards Blyss.

Gordon Fury
Show me.

Blyss has a confused look on her face.

Gordon Fury
Show me you want this to work. I can’t take faith in words anymore, Blyss. Don’t ask me how, because if you truly want this, you will work it out. So show me.

Blyss Lockhart
Ookay.... You mean, continue with the training?

Gordon Fury
I don’t know, Blyss, IS that what I mean?

Still frowning, she looks at him like he’s crazy. She hesitates a little before going in for the new technique he just taught her earlier. It is another sloppy attempt and immediately she tries it again. It looks more confident this time but really, it’s just out of frustration at him for making her feel confused.

Blyss Lockhart
Is that better?

Gordon Fury
What’s the matter Blyss? Confused, frustrated, not sure what to do? I caused this with a simple sentence. If you go into From The Ashes like this, you WILL lose. And I am not paying the price for that. SO HIT THE FUCKING BAG!

Gordon puts the bag up and Blyss slams into it with the combo, with power and precision. She looks somewhat shocked as she looks at Gordon who has a knowing smile on his face.

Gordon Fury
Atta girl.

She stares back him and then sighs.

Blyss Lockhart
I should’ve known...

Though shaking her head, she can’t help but chuckle.

Blyss Lockhart
That’s a real bad trick. But thanks, Gordon. I needed that. I think.

Gordon shrugs.

Gordon Fury
It got results so that makes it good in my books. And we will see if you are thanking me at the end of training.

Blyss Lockhart
I probably wouldn’t but that’s what trainers do, right? Doing stupid shit like that?

She laughs at her own joke then makes a straight face again.

Blyss Lockhart
Okay, let’s do this till I get it perfect. I’m ready now.

She goes for several more attempts, pausing for a second before trying again and again till she feels like she’s about to pass out. But with each time, her confidence grows and her technique improves. No time left for hesitations, confusion or anything else. That High Impact title will be hers for the taking.

I don’t know why I instigate
And say what I don’t mean
But now I have some clarity
To show you what I mean

Wednesday - week of FTA

It rained earlier and now the day’s bright again. Turning off the car engine, Blyss leans back in her seat and rests her head. Her eyes wander up and down the street and then they stop on a particular house not too far away but not near enough for her to spotted. There’s a “For Sale” sign stuck in the front yard next to a little flower garden that she more than once used to trample over in a fit of anger each time she left the house after an argument with her father. Their relationship was fine like any other father and daughter in a contented family before it started to sour as they took out on each other during their grief.

[ the following is a flashback ]

Blyss snuck into the house with one shoe tucked under her right arm (the other was lost somewhere in the mosh pit earlier). She quietly and quickly made her way through the living room when she heard someone coughing in the dark.

[b]Dad
Mel? That you?

She stopped and stayed silent. Since her mother’s death, this was his daily ritual; locking himself in his room during the day and then sitting out here in the dark at night. It’s now past two months and he’s still like this.

Dad
Where have you been, Mel?

There’s a sad helpless tone in his voice which broke her heart and angered her at the same time. For a moment, she stood there motionlessly before casually turning around for the kitchen and opening the refrigerator. She could hear him getting up from the armchair and walking towards her.

Dad
Where have you been?

She glanced at the wall clock that read a little after three in the morning. Then she took out a juice carton and drank from it, shrugging.

Blyss Lockhart
Out.

She was testing him of course. It seemed like it was all she did these days, testing people to see how they would react, to see if they truly cared or not. A moment passed as they stared at each other wordlessly, her still drinking and him just looking at her with defeated eyes.

Dad
Okay.

Slowly, he turned around and made his way back to the chair in the pitch black living room. She immediately slammed the carton on the counter and dashed out of the kitchen after him. Her heart now seemed to be banging against her ribcage and her jaw clenched so tightly that her face hurt. Turning on the lights, she couldn’t contain her anger any longer.

Blyss Lockhart
Dad! It’s three in the fucking a.m.! Is that all you have to say?!

He looked up, confused at her outburst. His lips fluttered as if at a loss for words. Then he sighed as he closed his eyes.

Blyss Lockhart
No, Dad! Stop being like this! Dad!

He opened his eyes in the same manner as when he would wake from sleep.

Blyss Lockhart
I just came home at three in the morning and you’re not gonna yell at me for it?!

He waved it off with his hand.

Dad
We can talk about it in the morning, Mel.

Blyss Lockhart
That’s the thing! We never do, Dad!

But he’s already gone to sleep.

Snapping back to the present, Blyss hears her iPhone message tone play and checks it for the new text. It’s her sister Kenzie, telling her to go home and talk to their father out of selling the house for the tenth time. She runs her hand through her hair in a frustrated manner and tosses the phone into her bag on the seat next to her.

Kenzie has started calling her last week about this but Blyss never answered so her sister resorted to sending her texts. It was only in the third or fourth message that she mentioned about the house. Blyss didn’t believe her at first because she figured such news would be too important not to be told by her father himself. But here she is, sitting outside in her car and seeing it for herself.

Why hasn’t he called to tell her about it? Why does she have to find out everything from Kenzie? Is it so difficult to reach her?

...Has he forgotten his other daughter?

She quickly wipes that thought from her mind. Gripping the wheel tightly, she sighs in frustration. Turning her head to her bag, she pulls out her phone and reluctantly checked the recent calls list. There are a few times he tried to get a hold of her but she never returned the calls. It’s her own damn fault and that makes her sick. Once again, she’s pushed him away when he’s making efforts for communication, the very thing she had wanted and begged for in the first place.

Blyss rushed down the stairs, two steps at a time, with her bag slung over her left shoulder and her hair loosely braided to the side. Her attention was focused on checking to see if her cell phone was in the bag which caused her to trip when a strong hand gripped her arm, keeping her balance.

Dad
Are you going out?

Blyss Lockhart
Yeah?

She didn’t mean to sound irritated but it seemed uncontrollable and at the time, she always spoke her mind no matter what.

Dad
Shouldn’t you be in school?

Blyss Lockhart
I don’t feel like it.

He frowned at the nonchalance of her answer. She had already skipped school for a few days during the week of the funeral but he also understood why she did it again today and so he nodded his head.

Dad
Then you should stay home, Mel.

He motioned for her to go back to her room but she refused. Instead, she went up a few steps and sat on the stairs, folding her arms and staring at him defiantly.

Dad
What are you doing?

Blyss Lockhart
Why? So we could sit at home all day and NOT talking? So we could pretend that everything’s alright even though it’s pretty obvious that it isn’t? It hasn’t been okay, Dad! NOTHING has been fine since Mom died! For the past couple of months, I’ve been at Taylor’s most of the time and you’ve NEVER bothered to know where I am or even where Kenzie is but suddenly now you give a damn?

He blinked his eyes in response.

Dad
Honey, that is not--

Blyss Lockhart
Of course it isn’t, Dad. You’re the only one who’s sad! You’re the only one who’s mourning!

Tears ran down her cheeks and she quickly wiped them away with her hands before he could see, shaking her head.

Blyss Lockhart
But you’re not, Dad. You’re not the only one! I...

The words ‘I need you, Dad’ were lost as her voice trailed off. She wiped her eyes to clear her vision as he sat down next to her on the step.

Dad
I am still your father, Melyssa. Please don’t talk to me like that.

She scoffed in disbelief.

Blyss Lockhart
How am I--

Dad
It’s okay, Mel. Everything’s going to be okay.

He put his arms around her in a protective embrace.

Dad
There’s someone whom you can talk to. I’ve made an appointment for you tomorrow after school. She’s a good doctor. She can help you.

She leaned back, away from him.

Blyss Lockhart
What? What doctor?

Dad
A colleague of mine recommended this therapist who can help you deal with, um, what you’re dealing with right now. What you’re feeling is normal after such a...

He continued telling her about the counseling sessions she supposedly needed and how it would help with her anger management. She stared at him, barely hearing his voice now. She couldn’t believe it. He still did questionable things like sitting in the living room in the dark and forgetting to buy food and leaving them with nothing to eat, sometimes for a few days at a time. And yet she’s the one who needed to see a doctor. Her lips began to twitch.

Blyss Lockhart
What about Kenzie?

He paused, raising both eyebrows.

Dad
What about her?

Blyss Lockhart
Is she going for this too?

Dad
No, Mel, don’t worry about her. It’ll be just you. You see, my colleague said that--

Her hands curled into fists on her lap. She could feel anger starting to rise inside her.

Blyss Lockhart
I DON’T CARE WHAT YOUR COLLEAGUE SAID! WHY IS IT JUST ME?

He tries to calm her down, talking slowly.

Dad
Melyssa... This therapy can help you cope better. You’ll learn not to be so angry all the time.

She beat her knee with a clenched fist.

Blyss Lockhart
ALL three of us are dealing with Mom’s death! If I have to go to this stupid therapy thing, then ALL of us have to too especially you! Are YOU even coping well? HELL NO!

Dad
Mel, please. I know this is hard. Your school has told me about the incident the other day with another student. You need someone to talk to and this doctor can help you.

She shook her head, her vision blurring once again. She stood up on shaky knees and clutched her bag close to her chest as if afraid to let it go.

Blyss Lockhart
This is bullshit, Dad! This is just unfair! I AM coping, are YOU?

With that, she stormed down the stairs as best as she could because she felt like collapsing now that her whole world was continuing to fall around her. He rose to his feet as well, concerned that he’s upset his younger daughter.

Dad
Melyssa!

She ran out the front door and hopped over the little crooked walkway, landing right onto the growing flower plants. Still clutching her bag, she ran up the street and past the left corner.

She looks up at the turn of the street as the memory plays in her head. Casting her eyes down, she recalls the last message Kenzie sent.

”Have you talked to him yet???”

She combs through her hair with her fingers, feeling greatly vexed by the decision she needs to make. She rubs the back of her neck before resting her head against the car seat. Glancing at her wrist watch, she turns on the car engine. She takes one last look at the house before driving out of the neighborhood.

She needs to deal with this later. Just not now.

Memories consume
Like opening the wound
I’m picking me apart again

Saturday

It’s the day before the biggest pay-per-view of the year and Blyss and Tim are having dinner at a nice little restaurant somewhere near their hotel. Finally some down time after a hectic but interesting IWF press conference for From The Ashes. Tim is quietly eating his food while Blyss just moves her fork around the plate, clearly distracted with her own thoughts.

The pre-match jitters is kicking in and as much as she tries to brush it away, she can’t stop thinking of what might happen during the match tomorrow. She knows she’s ready and is feeling pretty confident about it but so many unanswered questions are making her head spin. And it’s not just about the match either that’s making her feel this way. She picks up her glass and drinks a bit of water. Looking at her best friend across the table, she forces a smile.

Blyss Lockhart
How’s the food?

Tim, eating chicken and waffles, something he always eats when he visits New York City, looks up from his plate and swallows.

Tim Patrick
Really good. I love this place.

He reaches for his glass of iced tea and takes a sip, noticing something seems a little off with Blyss.

Tim Patrick
Uh, what’s up, dude?

She places her fork down and leans back in her chair, giving up trying to eat when she obviously has no appetite.

Blyss Lockhart
Remember I told you I was gonna go back to Chicago and talk to Dad? I, uh, didn’t. I mean, I did go home but I didn’t… We didn’t talk. I couldn’t.

Her head starts to hurt a little again and she gently massages the bridge of her nose. Tim raises his eyebrow, looking concerned.

Blyss Lockhart
I just stood there outside the house and left. I couldn’t do it, Tim. Not before tomorrow. It’s just bad timing.

She looks at him and leans forward.

Blyss Lockhart
It’s not fair! I can’t handle that shit right now.

Tim puts down his glass and focuses his attention solely on Blyss.

Tim Patrick
Then you don’t have to. Don’t do anything to yourself that would hurt you. But you never explained to me why talking to him would be so hard.  What’s going on with you guys?

She narrows her eyes slightly for a second before sighing. It takes her a bit of time to explain.

Blyss Lockhart
He’s, uh, never really been the talking type. No, wait, he WOULD say some things. Things that he thinks are true or right just because someone else says they are. He doesn’t listen so this makes it really difficult to talk to him. It’s like talking to a brick wall.

Anger starts to rise inside her as she grips the water glass.

Blyss Lockhart
He’s selling the house, Tim. And everything in it. He didn’t tell us about it first. Kenzie wants me to talk him out of it. Like he’d listen to me? And this is just typical! When something like this happens, Kenzie always pushes me to go talk to him. She’s the older one but I have to do it. Yet somehow she’s the daughter he says is always around for him. If this week is like any other week, maybe I wouldn’t even care. But…

She looks down at her hands on her lap.

Blyss Lockhart
I want things to be okay with my family. We don’t talk much lately but at least we were still somewhat okay. And now this? And then tomorrow is.. Ugh!

Tim Patrick
I know, Melyssa. I go through weird shit with my family, too. My dad is too hung up with my mother’s weird demands and her mental illness, he’s sort of a zombie when he’s around other people. Like, he doesn’t know how to act around others anymore. So when the thing with Cody happened, I tried to talk to them and it was like talking to a confused dog… head tilting and all. I learned to realize that we’re all nuts, every one of us. Some of us handle it differently and we channel our crazy energy into other stuff. You and I have wrestling. We sleep, eat, and live this business. What does your dad even do?

Blyss Lockhart
He’s just there. Like, he’d hear us out on whatever issue we bring up to him but you know he’s not actually listening because you can tell he’s really just thinking of what to say that he thinks would make you feel better.

She pauses briefly before continuing. The tone of her voice softens.

Blyss Lockhart
Ever since Mom passed, he’s been like that. It’s not as bad now as it was then. I just… I don’t know how to reach him.

She shrugs, looking dejected, and then leans back against the chair again.

Blyss Lockhart
We argued a lot around that time, you know? For days… It was horrible. Then I got tired of it and didn’t talk to him for a while and suddenly, he was okay. I figured that he’s not the type to talk about it. About Mom and everything. So I left it as that. But then I realized that he’s never been the type to really talk about what he’s feeling and thinking. He just does things on his own and it doesn’t matter if others agree or not. How do I deal with that? I don’t know… I really don’t…

Tim takes another sip of his iced tea and then puts his hand on Blyss’ wrist.

Tim Patrick
Dude, listen. All older men live in their own little world. All of them. None of them have any good ideas and they’re so set in their ways that it’s nearly impossible to change them. But I know he loves you because he tries to talk to you even though it’s hard for him and sometimes the words don’t come. My dad is the same way. He goes to a mental place that I call “Happy Daddy World” where the world could be falling apart all the while he’s reliving winning a baseball tournament in high school in his own mind. It’s a weird part about getting old and having kids. Your father probably feels partially responsible, even if he had nothing to do to cause it, for the loss of your mother, his wife. And he probably feels scared to death that he’ll make the situation worse. When I finally got the nerve to tell my dad about some abuse I went through when I was a boy, he looked at me like I was an alien. Not because he didn’t love me, but he felt defeated as a father. As a man. I don’t know what’s going on with your father, because I never met the guy, but he seems lost in his own little world and it’s something where he has to find his own way to happiness. He helped raise a great daughter though.

A soft smile appears on her face.

Blyss Lockhart
Thanks, Tim. You’re probably right about my dad. I’ve never looked at it that way. I just wish I know how to talk to him without turning it into yet another argument. You know, these days I kept thinking how much things have changed in the past 9 months. Maybe it’s because I’m having the biggest match of my career yet tomorrow and I’m feeling, I don’t know, sentimental… The thing with my family isn’t the only thing that’s weighing on my mind.

She takes a sip of water.

Blyss Lockhart
I, uh, tried to talk to Jaci earlier this week. Aries told me some time back to try and give her a call. Thing is, I have been wanting to do that. Ever since that day I went to see her when she got injured and then she kinda threw me out of the hotel room.

She chuckles nervously at the memory then clears her throat before continuing.

Blyss Lockhart
So anyways, I finally did talk to her again after all this time but only on Twitter and asked her if we could meet and talk. But…

She shakes her head and shrugs.

Blyss Lockhart
She doesn’t want to. I guess it’s too late and that makes me sad. I know why she was mad at the time. Well, partly anyways. But it looks like she’s still mad and thinks that there’s no point in making amends.

Tim smiles and shakes his head.

Tim Patrick
She went a little overboard with her blame towards you though. That whole scene was very... high school. She had no business being mad at you and if she’s still being weird to you, it’s not worth it. Did you see her tweet to Alex? She mentioned she wanted to be a guest ring announcer and Alex asked her to be the ring announcer for his match at From the Ashes. And his match is a few matches before your match, so my advice is to try and avoid dealing with her until you’re done beating Flex and taking his title.

Frowning slightly, she leans closer to the table.

Blyss Lockhart
No, I didn’t see that. But why can’t I go talk to her before my match? And about her being mad at me, she did have business for it. She was my friend too and it did look like I didn’t care about her match when I followed you to the hospital even though that wasn’t true. But then again, she did get sort of weird before the show even.

She sighs and props her elbows on the table, resting her chin on her hands.

Blyss Lockhart
I don’t know… It’s quite confusing. I just wanna get over it but clearly she doesn’t.

Tim Patrick
We all get few really good friends in life. People that have our backs. It’s super rare and it’s almost a freak occurrence when it happens. And sometimes it takes losing a good friend to realize that. She put herself in a weird position when she got hurt by also telling you off. I bet if she didn’t do that she would have had a better recovery. Who knows? But maybe now that she’s coming to the show on Sunday she’ll want to talk to you after. And if she doesn’t, it’s her loss. 

Tim takes another drink of his iced tea and sets the glass down.

Tim Patrick
So I came super close to snapping Flex’s neck yesterday.

A grin comes across his face and he begins to laugh a little.

Blyss Lockhart
Yeah, the whole thing was just… odd. But you didn’t. Right?

She looks at him, concerned. He hands his left hand up close to her, showing her some freshly made cuts on his knuckles.

Tim Patrick
No. But the mirror in my hotel room paid the ultimate price. It was a weird scene, I got off the plane drunk as a skunk and was playfully fucking with the guy. He knows I respect him more than most of the other guys in the locker room and we’ve always had friendly conversations and ribbing. He took it to a level he shouldn’t have, bringing up Cody like that. I went to sleep and woke up later in the afternoon and I was still furious at him and told him to meet me at the hotel to either talk or fight. We talked. We’re cool now. He’s going through some shit with his sister. Her husband went nuts one night while drinking and beat her up, so he’s been on edge and that’s why he was so shitty on twitter. I know where he’s coming from, you know I lost my big sister Mary when I was a kid because of her husband.

Tim takes a deep breath.

Tim Patrick
He does seem different though. Like, I’m not sure how focused he is on From the Ashes.

Blyss Lockhart
I know about his sister. He has seemed okay on Twitter since that incident but that day when he snapped at you like that… I don’t quite get it. You weren’t the only one who was joking. But whatever. And no matter how focused he is for tomorrow, I’m still going in confident and ready for a fight.

Her face gets more serious as she looks him in the eyes.

Blyss Lockhart
We all have shit to deal with on a daily basis. And for me, I have that waiting for me next week. But tomorrow? I’m leaving New York with that High Impact championship.

She taps the side of her head.

Blyss Lockhart
I can see that right here already. You know what they say about positive thinking and picturing what you want in your mind until it becomes a reality? That’s exactly it.

She smirks and then chuckles.

Blyss Lockhart
Oh, it’s happening, Tim. I just know it. And you, you’re gonna beat Raven and then we’re gonna celebrate right after the show. (pauses) ...If we can still stand.

She giggles once more as Tim bursts out laughing, shaking his head.

Tim Patrick
You might fall off the ladder and bust your ass a few times but I might have to party with you later from a stretcher. Raven’s a sicko and wants all sorts of nasty crap in the ring. Some sort of barbed wire covered double cage that’s electric and has explosives rigged to it. The weird thing is I’m not nervous. I think I can feel Cody with me. She’s been with me all day.  Like... I can smell her and feel her vibe. I know she’s around, wherever she is. That emptiness I was telling you about at my apartment earlier this week, it’s gone. I know she’s gone but she’ll never leave me. And I feel ready to move on. Putting Raven through hell on Sunday night is my key to a future where I can move past all this. I’m meeting with Alex again before the show, he told me he has every intention to hire me for a non-wrestler job. We just have to figure out what it’s going to be. It’s all gonna work out, and I feel at peace with it. But the best thing about it is I get to still go out on the road with IWF and especially you. I have a feeling we’re both going to get what we want tomorrow night. I’ll have to find a vegan pizza place that stays open late on a Sunday.

Tim cracks a smile.

Blyss Lockhart
Sounds awesome.

She smiles back and then glances around the restaurant before looking back at him with eyebrows furrowed together.

Blyss Lockhart
There’s something else I wanted to talk to you about. The match between Chuck and Sean. Like, what happened between you and Sean is just… Well, you know. But Chuck… Do you know where he is? I don’t think anyone’s heard from him in a long time.

Tim shakes his head.

Tim Patrick
I haven’t heard a word from him since he left IWF. I heard rumors that he’s going through money problems but that’s all, rumors. Chuck’s a weird cat. And I’m not sure why we were so friendly with each other backstage back in the day. I think it was built on respect. He knew I could go out there and have some insane hardcore matches and people would watch and Matthews Enterprise would get a boatload of cash for it. I think he also knew that I wouldn’t attempt to sue his ass if I ever got too badly hurt out there.

He laughs but then quickly has a more serious expression on his face.

Tim Patrick
But yeah. If he’s coming back I hope he kicks the rest of Sean’s teeth in.  I’m surprised Libby is even back. He told the world that he was going to use me as a stepping stone and I basically crushed his face. He has made no effort to talk to me since so I’m not sure if I knocked any sense into him or not…

She nods, listening and thinking to herself. Then she frowns slightly.

Blyss Lockhart
Speaking of knocking some sense, you mentioned that you were going to find Ian, right? What happened there?

He looks around the restaurant and leans in toward Blyss and speaks softly.

Tim Patrick
He’s been taken care of. He met justice and won’t hurt anybody anymore.  And that chapter of my life is officially over. I promise.

Her eyes widen at that.

Blyss Lockhart
Oh, okay. Good news then.

She picks up her glass and raises it towards him.

Blyss Lockhart
Well... To moving on and having a better life.

Tim raises his glass and clinks it against hers.

Tim Patrick
To moving on and having a better life. I know some of the stuff I’ve been involved in must seem crazy to you. I wanted so badly to leave it all behind and with him, my past followed me home. But you know that I only do what I know to be the right thing to do, I’m not some psychopath like he was. I mean hell, I got you out of that bar in Northern Ireland back in the spring safely. I’m pretty level headed in crisis.  

Tim laughs nervously.

Tim Patrick
But he’s gone. And so is the struggle I put myself in over in Belfast.  Forever. Thanks for sticking with me, kiddo.

She gives him a sympathetic smile.

Blyss Lockhart
I’ll never forget that night, Tim. Thank you.

She finishes the last of her drink and puts it down on the table.

Blyss Lockhart
Hey so are you done with your food? I was thinking we can go catch a movie. And this time, something that’s NOT awful, maybe?

She laughs.

Tim Patrick
I don’t see what’s so awful about a story of a guy who has to become an arm wrestling champion to regain custody of his son. That could TOTALLY happen.

He grins and tries not to laugh.

Tim Patrick
We should try and stay away from the “movie theaters” in Times Square.  Years ago I went with my niece to see Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  It, ummmm, wasn’t the Disney version and I had a LOT of explaining to do to my brother.

Blyss Lockhart
Oh my god, okay, THAT is awful. Yeah let’s not go there.

She gathers her purse and stands.

Blyss Lockhart
Lead the way, Timmy!

He chuckles as they both leave the restaurant after putting some money for the table. She stumbles in the doorway and catches herself quickly before turning around with a slightly embarrassed look on her face.

Blyss Lockhart
Okay, you didn’t see that…

He did of course and bursts out laughing. She smacks him playfully on the arm.

Tim Patrick
We’re stopping at the department store down the street. I’m buying you a helmet to wear during your ladder match and some butt pads.  Because you’re fucking clumsy!

She pushes him into the side of a mailbox and spreads her arms.

Blyss Lockhart
Who’s clumsy now, biaaaatch??

She laughs at him but he only almost hits the mailbox and walks right back up next to her, grinning. Then they both continue to make their way down the street into the New York night, still playfully pushing each other off the sidewalk the whole way.

Clutching my cure
I tightly lock the door
I try to catch my breath again

Sunday

The camera shows Blyss walking through the curtains as she makes her stage entrance but there’s no music playing or show lights flashing. She gazes around the empty place with a thoughtful look on her face. Dressed in her in-ring attire with a white sleeveless ‘From The Ashes’ t-shirt over it, she makes her way to the ring. Climbing up a turnbuckle, she sits on it and motions for the camera to come closer. There’s a tiny smirk on her face as she begins to speak, finally breaking the silence in the arena.

Blyss Lockhart
Hear that, Flex? (nods) That’s right. Nothing. That’s the sound you’ll hear in that split second you look at me from across the ring as the High Impact championship belt hangs above our heads right before the opening bell rings. That second you wonder if the fight you have planned to give tonight would actually be enough. That second you forget about all the respect you have for me and the kind words you’ve said about me.

A playful grin spreads across her lips. The following words roll off her tongue slowly and deliberately.

Blyss Lockhart
That second when you will hate me.

Chuckling, she gazes up at the high ceiling before looking back at the camera.

Blyss Lockhart
I know you think that wrestling is personal for you. It’s what your whole life’s about, what you’ve been living and gravitating towards. It is your journey and your destination. You breathe this sport and everyday, you work hard at it to give meaning to your life. You’ve done so much for the industry while making the most of your career, working for a few different promotions at the same time and giving back to the fans. You’re doing all that you can while you can still get up in the morning, train and put on high standard match after another. You’re always chasing after opportunities so that not only your fans but also your critics would go, ‘Wow, Flex! You’re amazing! Thanks for your contributions to wrestling!’ Oh I know that’s passion right there, buddy. You’re spreading the good of your name and ensuring it by shaping your very own legacy in the business.

She pauses to take a deep breath.

Blyss Lockhart
But the whole thing about not regarding as much for titles as you do still makes me question your true stance in this company and industry. The very fact that you’re okay if you lose the title to me just proves that you don’t care about what this business helps you achieve in what YOU set out to do for life. You claim to work hard to get to where you are today yet you’re here now telling the entire world things like that belt over your shoulder don’t matter. Like all the blood, sweat and tears you’ve sacrificed most of your life to be here now don’t matter because there’s always tomorrow, always another day. But let me tell you something, Flex. There isn’t going to be another day. From The Ashes will be your LAST day as champion and when you go back to your hotel room tonight, all battered and bruised, you’ll look yourself in the mirror and say, ‘Who was I trying to kid?’ The answer to that is what you know all along but you chose to keep it inside and act like it doesn’t bother you a tiny bit. You forget that FTA is the BIGGEST pay-per-view of the year and you’ll realize that it WILL bother you if you lose tonight and so you’ll come to accept it and try to use it to push yourself for the win and eventually save yourself the humiliation of a loss like this. But then it might be too late. It will no longer matter because while you’ve been sitting there lying to yourself, I’ve been wanting this THE ENTIRE TIME.

She tilts her head down slightly but still keeps her eyes on the camera.

Blyss Lockhart
I like you, Flex. I really do. And I know this feeling is mutual. You even said last week on BattleGrounds that every time you train, you’re preparing for people like me. I’m honored that you would think that. But people like me STILL want to go out there and get a shot at titles. People like me who strive to be better in what they do STILL want to wear gold around their waists and be called a champion. Yeah that’s who you’re preparing for, Flex. Is that worry? Or maybe fear coming from you? I put you on the spot, didn’t I? When I asked you last week if you can be both a champion and a great wrestler. You said you can and that the belt doesn’t define you. That’s cute and all, not to mention predictable and a little cliche. I know you can but I asked you that question anyways, something you clearly need to ponder on some more, because right before that, you told everyone in that arena and the rest of the world watching at home that you’d rather be... ‘the best wrestler’.

Chuckling, she shakes her head.

Blyss Lockhart
If you watch back the tape, I also asked ‘Do you even want to anymore?‘ but you didn’t answer that. You said it on live television, Flex. You made the choice to be just ONE of the two things I said. That you prefer to be one from the other. Even though you can be both but... you just don’t wanna. (smirks) You said you’re proud to be the High Impact champion so why this kind of thinking then? Stop confusing the fans, Mr Johnson. They don’t know if you still want to win tonight and stay champion. It’s funny though because remember that time when you lost your title to Sheyanne and how majorly pissed you were for being in that crazy match in the first place? You claimed to be ‘great’ before you held the belt yet you did all you could to win it back. So desperate to be the High Impact champion again. Why? If it isn’t all about the titles then why try so hard to take back the title? (pouts lips) I don’t get it. And neither do these fans. (smiles) But one thing that’s for damn sure is that I want to be champion again... and the fans know it too.

The smile fades as she puts on a more serious expression.

Blyss Lockhart
And yes, I do know that if I lose tonight, this might be my last time to fight for this title and you will go on WITH the belt around your waist like NOTHING happened... And it is THIS VERY THOUGHT that haunts me, Flex. It haunts me when I’m awake and when I’m asleep. Without a single shadow of a doubt, it is this thought that will motivate me to fight through the pain as I climb the ladder in the middle of this ring and bring down that title safely in my hands.

She raises her hands to chest level and looks at them as if the championship belt is within her hold.

Blyss Lockhart
When you want something so badly, you begin to envision it. Every day, every second of it, you picture in your mind how you will just reach over and take it. The pain that comes with it, the battle that you have to win. It will all be worth it and so you cling onto that dream as it plays over and over in your head. And you think to yourself... THIS... this is how it’s gonna play out. All those days of low confidence, all those days of feeling like what if this and what if that... (snaps fingers) Just gone. Remember that split second, Flex. When everything changes for you, for me, for this company and this business we both love... When I become both the better wrestler and a champion... It all began in Cleveland and it shall end in NYC tonight at the grandest stage of From The Ashes.

She raises an eyebrow and grins.

Blyss Lockhart
Now, isn’t THAT a great chapter in your future autobiography? You’re welcome.

She hops off the turnbuckle and walks past the camera as the scene cuts to black.

I don’t know how I got this way
I’ll never be alright
So I’m breaking the habit
I’m breaking the habit tonight

-----------------------
OOC
‘Breaking The Habit’ lyrics by Linkin Park
Back to top Go down
Flex Johnson

Flex Johnson

PostSubject: Re: Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart   Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Berserker Part One

Scene One: August 13th
Flex’s Audi A7 pulled up outside of his house. Flex hopped out of the driver’s side; he was wearing an all- black tux. Flex walked over to the passenger’s side and opened the door. Mya stepped out of the car; she was wearing a stunning black dress, raised a little high, fitting a little tight.

Flex held out his hand and Mya held on to it as she exited the car. Flex closed the car door; Mya let go of Flex’s hand, but she wrapped her arm around Flex’s waist.

The two began to walk towards the house.

“Babe, tonight has been so great!”

“Did you enjoy the restaurant?” asked Flex.

“Yes! It was so amazing; you always pick the best places.”

Flex laughed.

“And, since you showed me a good time, I’m going to show you a good time tonight.”

“Oh,” said Flex with a smile. “Is that so?”

“Indeed.”

Mya leaned over and gave Flex a kiss on the cheek.

Flex and Mya reached the front door. Flex unlocked the door and they both walked inside the house. Both of them walked upstairs. As the two made their way upstairs, they were the sound of a soccer match being played.

The two walked into Flex’s bedroom; Toby was lying on the bed, watching soccer. He turned and looked at Flex and Mya as the entered the room, but his attention quickly returned to the match.

Mya laughed.

“He is just like you.”

“That’s why I picked him,” said Flex. He walked over and scratched Toby behind the ear. “I couldn’t have picked a better dog.”

Toby smiled a bit.

Mya hopped on the bed and began to take off her shoes.

“Oh, that feels so much better,” said Mya.

“I bet,” said Flex as he began to slip off his shoes as well.

“Babe, you thirsty?”

“No,” said Mya with a laugh. “We just had a five course meal!”

“I know—but I need some water or something.”

Mya hopped off the bed. She walked over to Flex and kissed him again.

“Go get your water dear. I’ll hop in the shower and then we can have some fun ok.”

“Ok.”

Flex watched Mya as she walked into the bathroom; he loved the way she kind of bounced when she walked.

“I love that woman.”

Flex made his way down stairs. Checked to make sure his gym bag was by the door, so that he could leave out for MMA training in the morning. Flex then made his way to the kitchen. As Flex stepped foot into the kitchen, his iPhone began to ring. He reached into his back pocket and pulled it out. “Myrice” flashed across the screen.

Flex slide his finger across the screen.

“Hey Myrice,” said Flex. “How you doing tonight sis?”

Flex listened, but he didn’t hear any voice coming from the other end of the phone. He did however, hear a few sniffles.

“Sis,” said Flex. “Myrice?”

On the other end of the phone, he heard Myrice say “Flex.” However, it sounded very weak.

“Sis, what’s the matter?”

“It’s…it’s…”

“Myrice, what happened?” asked Flex. “Are you ok?”

“No,” Flex heard Myrice say.

“What happened!?” asked Flex. “Are you hurt?”

“It’s…It’s…Marshall?”

Flex took a couple of deep breaths.

“Marshall got injured?”

“No Flex…he—he hit me!”

Flex had been downstairs on the phone for about 30 minutes before Mya walked down the steps. She looked in the kitchen, but the light was off. She didn’t hear any sounds, but she saw that the light was on in the living room. She slowly walked towards the living room.

Mya poked her head into the living room; she saw Flex sitting on the couch. Instantly she knew something was wrong.
Flex sat in the middle of the couch. Normally, Flex would lean back while sitting on the couch; this time Flex’s rear was on the edge of the couch, as if he could spring up at any time. He held his iPhone in his right hand; his left hand was on his head.

Flex looked to his right just as Mya had full entered the room. He gave her a look; it was a melancholy glance.
His eyes were red.

Slowly, Mya walked closer to the couch. Flex looked up and motioned for her to it by him. She obliged; she inched onto the couch and put her feet up.

In the 30 minutes, Flex had managed to calm Myrice down. She had stopped crying, and was able to clearly tell the story.

“Sis, tell me what happened?”

“Well,” said Myrice. “I’ll just start at the beginning—of everything.

“I mean, you were at my wedding. We were happy back then—we were happy for a long time. Things started to get bad maybe about a year and a half ago. After the freshness of Koji’s death had passed, I devoted myself to work; you know, kind of like you did Flex.

“I started getting a crazy amount of bookings. It seemed like almost every college on the east coast wanted me to come do some type of philosophy lecture or conference. So, I went and spoke to the Dean of the college I was teaching at. He was very receptive of the idea of me going out and giving the guest lectures; he thought it would more name recognition to Nova Southeastern University.

“Before I made any decision, I talked it over with Marshall. He has a little hesitant at first, but eventually he gave in; he told me it would be good.

“So, I did it. I went out and got to work. In the span of three months, I taught about 20 quest lectures. It was tough, trying to do all my research and studying on the road. But, I loved it. I remember once, you tried to tell me about the thrill of traveling and being on tour? Well, that’s the feeling that I was having.

“After those initial 20, I got more requests; I packed up and left out. As time went on, I got bigger and better offers. Flex, I don’t think I told you, but I got BIG requests. I’m talking about Yale, Harvard.”

“Yeah—I think you mentioned those to me,” said Flex.

“Yeah. I was so honored!

“Opportunities like that don’t come around often, so I snatched it up. After Harvard and Yale, universities in other countries wanted to speak to me.

“I was having the time of my life!

“And the money started piling up. You know how it is; they fly you out, pay for your hotel and food, and you get paid for the lecture itself.

“I thought everything was going great!

“But it wasn’t

“Marshall is a speaker too; you know, he does motivational speeches, conferences, all that good stuff. Like I said before, he was hesitant at first. I thought it was because he knew I’d be away from home for a long time; but, that wasn’t the issue.

“In a very short time, I became the bread winner for the household. I never saw it as a problem, but I knew Marshall would be upset. We had a talk; I reassured him that he was still the man of the household, and that he was still the provider.

“We started to have real issues after Yale and Harvard. I don’t know, maybe it was jealousy or something. But, after the big gigs…I don’t know. Work got harder for Marshall; his agent was struggling to get him booked. When he was booked, it was smaller, tiny gigs.

“Things started to get bad. We started to fight a lot. Marshall started to drink; and you know him, he NEVER drinks.

“Things started to come to a head tonight.

“I went out with some friends tonight; one of them is expecting, so we all went out for dinner. Marshall was up waiting for me; he sat in the living room until I got back. I had already left when he came in. I don’t know what time he got home, but he must have started drinking immediately. I could smell the alcohol when I walked through the door.

“I walked in the living room and asked if he was ok. He said ‘yeah, no thanks to you.’ Marshall got up and began yelling at me.”

“About money?” asked Flex.

“Some of it was about money. But, a lot of it—it don’t even know what most of it was about. I don’t know, it happened so fast ya know.”

“Indeed,” said Flex.

“Flex, everything escalated so quickly.”

“And—it was after this that he hit you?”

“Yeah…

“The argument lasted maybe five minutes or so. Then, Marshall said ‘I’ve had enough of talking.’ He hit me with a right; I saw it coming, and tried to move out of the way but I couldn’t. He then hit me with a knee to the chest, and then a head-butt.

“After the head-butt I collapsed to the floor; I tried not to, but I couldn’t. I hit the floor. Then, he started kicking me. I don’t know how many times he kicked me; they just kept coming and coming.

“The whole ordeal lasted about five minutes or so. After a while, the kicks started to slow down; I was able to push him off of me. I grabbed my purse and ran out of the door; he tried to chase after me. But I made it to the car and drove away.”

Flex sighed. He went silent for a minute; he was trying to process everything—and hold in his anger.

“Where are you now?”

“I drove out to a friend’s house. She lives maybe forth-five minutes away; Marshall has never been to her house, so he doesn’t know where it is. I’m be staying with her tonight.”

“Sis,” said Flex. “Have you gone to the hospital yet?”

“No—not yet.”

“Myrice, I want you to go and get checked out.”

“I…”

“Please sis. Do it for me.”

Myrice was silent for a little bit.

“Ok. I’ll go get checked out in a few minutes. My body really hurts.”

Flex was silent for a few seconds.

“Do you have any lectures to give?”

“No, not for another three or four weeks. I’ve been just messing with my lesson plan, which is online.”

Flex nodded his head.

“Alright…I’m flying in tomorrow.”

“Wha…Flex, no, you don’t hav…”

“I’m flying in tomorrow sis.”

Myrice was a quiet for a bit.

“Ok.”

“Alright. I’ll see you tomorrow. I love you.”

“Love you to bro. See you tomorrow.”

Flex hung up and sat the iPhone down on the couch. He ran his fingers through his hair as he let out an audible sigh.

Mya moved closer, wrapping her hand around Flex. As she moved closer, she leaned her head on Flex’s shoulder.

“Everything ok?”

“No,” said Flex. “Marshall flew off the handle and beat Myrice.”

“Shit.”

“Yeah.

“Babe, I got to head to Miami. I don’t want Myrice to be down there by herself. I’m going to get a hotel and stay there for a couple weeks.”

“Of course,” said Mya. “You should be there.

“And I’m going with you.”

“Babe, what about work?”

“I’ll take a couple of days off and stay with you down there this week. Then I’ll fly back.”

Flex nodded.

“Ok.”

Flex kissed Mya on the check.

“I have to go,” said Flex as he got up off the couch. “I…I just need to clear my mind ok.”

“Of course babe…do you need me to come?”

Flex gave her a weak smile.

“Naw babe. I’ll be ok; I won’t be long.”

“Just be careful ok?”

“I promise—I’m just going for a drive,” said Flex. “See what you can do about booking us a flight.”

Scene Two: Early August 14th
After the conversation with his sister, Flex just needed some time to himself. He tore of his tux and slide in a white t-shirt and pair of Nike sweat-pants.

“I don’t know where I’m going,” said Flex to himself as he hoped into the car. He started up the engine and pulled out of the driveway.

A million thoughts began to flood his mind.

This shit is crazy!

I swear, if I see that fool, I’m going to kill him!

I can’t believe he had the NERVE to hit my sister. Marshall was always a little different; I could tell that about him when I first met him. I guess the best way to describe him would be to say he is “awkward.” He’s not socially awkward; no, the man does talk and speak his mind. And, most of the time, you can hold a great conversation with him.

But, there was something off about him.

I don’t know, sometimes he would make “off” comments; you know, comments that would make you turn your head.
Ugh!

I should have seen something like this coming.

You know, it’s weird.

Right now, I’m feeling this…ugh…this unspeakable anger right now.

Maybe it’s because of the relationship I have with my siblings. Or, maybe because it’s Myrice. I mean, I’m the oldest out of all of my siblings. When I was younger, I used to watch them you know. Dad was always at work, so he really wasn’t a factor. In the beginning, mom was at home. Even at a young age, I saw that things were wearing her down. So, I began to help her out. Later on, mom had to work to jobs; so, I stepped up again.

When I was younger, I guess I played the father role to them. As we got older, I got to finally move back into the “brother” category.

But, things between me and Myrice have always been different.

I was at thre years older than all my siblings, except Myrice. She and I are only a year apart. She and I have always been close. Yeah, the past few years we haven’t talked much; our jobs keep of both busy. But Myrice…you know, that’s my sister—I’d do anything for her.

Geez…

I don’t even know what I’m going to when I get to Miami. Hmm, it’s not like I can just walk up and beat the dude’s brains in. Yeah, it would feel good. But, that would probably cause more harm than good. I’m a known star; assault would definitely be broadcast everywhere.

I’d probably be put back in jail. And, I’d IWF would probably drop me; it’s not good to have your champ locked up.
But most of all, it wouldn’t help Myrice. She wouldn’t be comfortable with “Flex Johnson” publicity, not by a long shot. If I were to beat his ass, she might lose her job for being related to me.

That’s something I can’t let happen.

Suddenly Flex’s iPhone began to ring. He looked down at the phone, which rested in the center compartment. He swiped the center, which allowed the phone to connect to through the speakers.

“Yo.”

“Hey,” said Manabu. “You doing alright man? Mya gave a call a little bit ago.

She didn’t exactly tell me what was going on, but she wanted me to check on you; you know, make sure you aint doing something crazy.”

Flex sighed.

“I’m cool man; I’m not doing anything crazy.”

“What happened?”

“I got a call from Myrice about an hour ago. Something happened at her house tonight.”

“Robbery?”

“Naw man. Her husband, Marshall, got piss ass drunk; I’m talking really sloppy drunk. He accosted her when she got home,” said Flex. “The bastard knocked her to the ground and kicked her repeatedly.”

“Damn.”

“Yeah.”

“I know you Flex,” said Manabu. “What are you thinking? Or, should I say, what are you going to do?”

Flex sighed.

“I’m stilling figuring that part out.

“For now, I’m going to relocate to Miami for a couple of weeks. Myrice is priority number one. She is staying with a friend tonight; but, we got to find her a place to stay until this shit is settled.

“Then we’ve got to report everything to the police; and, then there will be the press that goes along with all that. Mya is going with me for at least a few days; she’ll probably be able to advise us on how to play things.”

Manabu was silent for a bit.

“Ok,” he said. “Flex…just don’t do anything that might destroy your career.”

“I’ve already thought about that man,” said Flex. “I’m not going to do anything crazy. And, I shouldn’t—the police should be able to take care of everything.”

“Alright—anything I can do to help?”

“Yeah man.

“I’m actually leaving tonight sometime. If you would check in on the house every once in a while that would be great.”

“No problem.”

“Alright man. I’ll talk to you in a couple days.”

“Yes sir,” said Manabu. “Keep your head up.”

The call ended.

Before the phone call, Flex had been riding in silence. After talking to Manabu, Flex flipped to a local jazz station.

He drove for a good while, but his thoughts eventually began to wander again.

I didn’t even think about it beforehand.

Where is Myrice going to stay? I’m sure her friend would let her stay there as long as she needed, but I know Myrice; she hates to be a burden on people.

I guess she could get a hotel. But, that means she would have to use her credit card. But a credit card means a paper trail. Marshall would be able to find out instantly where is she staying.

Normally, that wouldn’t be an issue. But, we don’t know what Marshall is capable of right now.

Hmm.

I guess I could…

Before he could finish his thought, Flex’s phone began to ring again. He glanced down at the phone; he thought it might have been Mya or Myrice.

“I don’t know whose number that is,” said Flex.

Against his better judgment, Flex decided to answer the phone. He reluctantly swiped his finger across the screen.

“Hello, this is Flex Johnson.”

“Flex?”

Flex was silent. The voice on the other end was distinct; he recognized it right away. However, he and the other person haven’t spoken in so long, that he wasn’t quite sure.

“Joe? Joe Hollywood?”

“Yeah,” said Joe. “How you been?”

“I’ve been better.”

There was a long pause.

“Man, Flex; I…well, I wanted to call and apologize. The last time we talked was right before that match in UECW. I know we had some bad words…”

“Man, no need to apologize man. Things get heated before a big match. You said some shit, and I said some shit.

“As far as I’m concerned, it’s all water under the bridge.”

“That means a lot, my brother.”

Both Joe and Flex let out a laugh—old inside joke.

“So what you been up to man?” asked Flex.

“Not too much,” said Joe. “The business is doing well. I moved out to Miami about a year ago; I’m running a couple of companies. You heard of Bulova watches?”

“Yeah, slightly.”

“I just bought a third of the company. I’ve also have a company that electrics.

“And, there’s another. But we’ll talk about it another time.”

“Cool cool.”

There was a couple seconds of silence.

“Hey, Flex, I did call to apologize. But, I also called for another reason,” said Joe. “Your mom gave me a call about 20 minutes ago. Aprille and I had just got back home from dinner.

“She told me a little about what happened to your sister. You doing alright?”

“Yeah man, I’m ok. Mya is booking us a flight; we plan on leaving for Miami tonight.

“I got to figure this shit out and get it dealt with.”

“I want to help.”

“Joe, I can’t…”

“I helping.”

“Man, you are CEO; you can’t afford the bad press.”

“I said I’m helping.”

Flex sighed.

“You always were very persistent.”

“That’s how I became a CEO,” said Joe with a laugh. “Just give me a call when you touch down. We’ll proceed with your plan.”

“How you know I got a plan?” asked Flex.

“I know you homie,” said Joe. “You’ve had a plan slowly formulating and shaping in your head for probably 20 minutes by now. It’s not complete, but it will be by the time you touch down in Miami.

“Just fill me in with the details when we meet.”

Flex laughed a bit.

“Will do man…will do.”

Joe was correct, Flex did have a plan. Mya wasn’t able to get them a flight that night; the earliest plane left the following morning at 3:30 a.m. Mya booked the tickets, and a rental car. By the time Flex got home from his drive, Mya had already been long asleep.

Flex arrived home, he was restless. The drive was supposed to clear his mind and thoughts; however, all the drive did was give him time to think about shit. Flex took his laptop down stairs, so that he wouldn’t wake up Mya.

The first thing Flex did was to find a suitable hotel. Flex wanted to find somewhere pet friendly; he didn’t know how long he would have to be in Miami. If he was lucky, it would only take a couple days to resolve; but, it could take a couple of weeks. Flex’s search led him to the Hyatt; the hotel was far away from Myrice’s house, it was in his name, and it allowed pets. Flex booked two rooms: one for him and Mya, and then one for Myrice. It would be a temporary solution at beast.

Step #1 of the plan—check.

Flex then began to search apartments. There weren’t too many options; the ones he did find were way too expensive.

Step #2—incomplete.

“Hmm,” said Flex. “Joe would probably be able to find her a place.”
By the time he had finished exploring the net, it was around 2:15 a.m. Flex quietly walked upstairs. He packed two bags; one full of clothes, and the other full of ring gear. He’d probably have to fly out of Miami to make it to the next show.

Next he gathered Toby’s travel bag.

After getting everything in order, Flex carried all the bags down stairs and sat them by the door. Flex walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch. He didn’t plan on sleeping, but his eyes were heavy…

A short while later, Mya woke Flex up so that they could leave out.

Scene Three: August 14th (mid-day)
Flashback to Police Conversation

How you doing today Mr. John?

I’m doing alright. So, tell me what’s going on her sir?

Yes sir. Well, your sister called us late last night. She told us about a domestic violence incident at her house. It was between her and husband.

Yes officer, she told me that over the phone.

Ok. Well, we took her statement. Earlier this morning we arrested Marshall Hunter. We took him downtown to the station for questioning.

Questioning?

Yes Mr. Johnson.

Well, what’s the purpose of questioning the fool!? My sister is sitting right here in front us with a bruised face and broken ribs. Hell, she even has the hospital report!

I understand Mr. Johnson—it’s just standard operating procedure.

Alright. Well, what did you all find out?

Well, Marshall did admit to punching her. However, he statement that he did so out of self-defense; he claims that your sister came at him with a knife.

Officer, that’s obviously a lie; the whole event took place in the living room, Myrice couldn’t have made it to the kitchen to grab a knife even if she wanted to.

I understand Mr. Johnson. We questioned him thoroughly, and we don’t but his self-defense story. And, after examining this hospital reports, that fact is quite clear.

And, what about the alcohol? Myrice told me she saw a bunch of empty bottles.

We didn’t perform a blood-alcohol test. To be honest, there wasn’t a real reason to perform one. I was one of the officers who responded to the call to arrest Mr. Hunter. All of us saw the rows of empty bottles in the living room.

Ok—so what happens now officer?

Well, there’s something…

I mean, I assume my sister needs to get a lawyer and all of that good stuff. I’m certain she’ll want to press charges.

Well, there’s a bit of a complication.

Complications huh?

Yes sir.

And, those might be?

We have already released Mr. Hunter.

Excuse me!?

Believe me Mr. Johnson, it wasn’t my decision. If I were in charge, Mr. Hunter would be in jail right now. But, a while ago we got a call from the chief. He told us that we had to let Mr. Hunter go.

Why?

Like your sister, Mr. Hunter is well known around the city. He has even spoke at event hosted by the Miami PD. As a whole, the force considers him an ally. The chief isn’t going to press charges.

So what about all my sister’s assets? What about all her valuables in the house?

We can have a few officers escort her over to the house to pick up all her things….Do you know about their banking situation?

I believe they both have separate accounts, but there is also a shared one.

Mr. Hunter won’t be able to touch her account. After we finish talking, I’ll contact the bank and make sure that the shared account has a freeze put on it for the time being. Your sister won’t be able to touch it either, but at least Marshall won’t be able to transfer it somewhere else.

Thank you officer.

Flex sat in the lobby of Hyatt hotel. He had his iPad in front of him; he had been half-heartedly watching some news program.

“So, the police can’t touch him,” said Flex to himself. “OR, should I say, won’t touch him. As much as I hate to admit it, there is a strong possibility that won’t ever be charged.”

As Flex finished his thought, Joe Hollywood strolled into the hotel; he carried two cups in his hand. He walked over and sat across from Flex. There was a table in front of them; Joe placed one cup on the table and slide it over to Flex.

“Here man—it’s a Carmel/Hazelnut/Vanilla blend.”

“Fancy ass,” said Flex with a little laugh.

“So, what’s the word bro?”

“Ugh,” sighed Flex. “The police aren’t going to do much. They are helping Myrice get her items and money and stuff; but, they aren’t charging Marshall.”

“Shit.”

“Apparently, the Sheriff has a soft spot for him.”

“Is that so,” said Joe. “Hmm, what did you say Marshall did for a living?”

“He’s a public speaker.”

“You wouldn’t happen to know who his agent is would you?”

“No,” said Flex. “Why? What’s up?”

“You remember that third business I told you about?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“Well, I guess you could say I’m somewhat of an agent,” said Joe. “No, that’s not correct. I guess it would be more accurate to say that I run agent firm. My agents have clients in the sports and entertainment world.

“Chances are, we can find out who this agent is.”

Flex sighed. He took a sip of the coffer that Joe brought him.

“Hmm—that’s actually really good.”

“I know right,” said Joe. “So—what do you want do?”

Flex sighed.

“Reach out to your agents and see what they can dig up. If we do figure out who his agent is, then we will go talk to him in person.”

“Alright,” said Joe. “Flex, what is your end game here man?”

“My end game,” said Flex. “Well, Marshall isn’t going to jail, that’s pretty much a given.

“I’m going to hit him where it hurts—the bank account. He won’t ever have to worry about money again, because he won’t be able to make any, not as a public speaker anyway.

“But, that’s not enough. He needs to pay for what he has done—an eye for an eye.”

Joe nodded his head.

“Now, you know I can’t dirty my hands with a beat-down,” said Joe jokingly.

“You don’t have to; I’ll handle that part.”

Joe nodded his head.

“But, I can handle the money part.”

“Good deal,” said Flex. He took another sip of coffee; he then snapped his fingers.

“Oh snap, there was something else I meant to ask you.”

“What’s up?”

“I need to find Myrice a place to stay; some that is more permanent.”

Joe scratched his head.

“You know what, I’ve got just the thing. Last year I bought a pretty spacious loft downtown. The plan was to use it was a larger office, or a place to get away from Aprille. But, I really haven’t used it much at all; it’s been sitting there.”

Flex smirked.

“Ever thought of selling it?”

“Oh, maybe if the right buyer can along.”

“Name a price?”

Joe shook his head.

“Man, you’re my brother. There’s no price; I’ll sighed everything over to you, or Myrice, tomorrow. But, when all this is over, I want you to do something for me.”

“What’s that?”

“We’ll talk about it later. But, let’s just say it’s a business venture that will benefit the both of us in the long run.”

“Deal man.”

Joe stood up.

“Good. Now, let’s go check in on your sister. You left her up there by herself?”

“No. Mya is up there; Toby too.”

Flex got up out of his seat; both of them walked to the nearby elevator.

Step #2—complete.

Step #3—in progress.

Scene Four
Ladder matches…

…over the past couple of years I’ve grown to loath them.

But, that wasn’t the case. Prior to Insurgency, I had been involved in five ladder matches—I remember them all so clearly.
I had only been in UECW about three months. In my opinion, I hadn’t done too much by that time; I’d won probably half of my matches, and beat in the others. But, apparently I had done enough to impress the upper management. They saw something in me and decided to give me a chance.

One day I walked into the arena and someone pulled me aside; I was told that at the next Pay-Per-View I’d face off against Alex Storm and some glam rock wantabe in a triple threat ladder match for the UECW No Limits title. This was six years ago, back when I was considered a “high-flyer.” It was my first stipulation match, and my first title match to boot. Now, rarely do I doubt myself; but I did that time.

I saw myself as the odd-man out; my opponents were well-respected and liked in the company. And me? Well—I was still just a no-name kid from Harlem.

It’s funny; I had spent years trying to prove others wrong. But, that time, I had to prove my own self wrong.

I walked into that match a vast underdog.

But, I fought hard; I laid it all out on the line. And in the end—I won.

It was a joyous moment.

My second ladder match wasn’t so joyous however. I guess you could say I became a “star” after that first ladder match. Winning that match gave me just the boost of confidence that I needed. Little by little, I started to make changes. I started to focus on honing my craft. My in-ring skills shot up; and I started moving up the ladder.

About five to six months later, I’d fucked around and made it to the main event. Ha, you know, that’s ever wrestler’s dream; to main event a Pay-Per-View for the world championship. In this case, I was pitted against Shane Michaels.
Some of you all are probably asking who the hell Shane Michaels is. The man was Jaci Sovereign’s ex-husband. Michaels was a fraud, a poser. Looking back, Michaels is one of the main reasons that I changed my philosophy on winning titles. Michaels is retired; he ended his career having held maybe 18 or 19 titles. But, he was terrible excuse of a man, and terrible excuse of a wrestler. You see, Michaels had a secret—he was the owner’s son. Every couple of months, Michaels mysteriously got a title shot, whether he deserved it or not.

Essentially, the company created a multi-time champion, by force-feeding him title shots.

But, I digress. He and I had a ladder match for the UECW world title. It was an interesting match; I dominated most of the match. However, I ended up losing to Michaels; the loss was due to a low blow.

Disgraceful!

But—I would eventually have my comeuppance soon enough.

The third was against my former friend “Drake DeMarco.” When I had first arrived at UECW Drake had been a cool dude.
But as time went on, he started to change. He didn’t handle fame very well; he let success get to his head.

We squared off in XDF’s first main event; it was a tough bloody battle. Drake ended up “winning” the match. But, I reaped the benefits That match actually gave my career a much needed sparked. Prior to the match, I hadn’t wrestled in the U.S. in about a year and a half. When I came back to face Drake, I had a new look and a brand to wrestling style.

The match was against Shane Michaels, and boy how great it felt!

The day I left UECW, Michaels had been talking shit about me; the man couldn’t go two promos without mentioning my name. But, I heard every word; I counted every insult, because I knew there would be a time where I’d get a chance to pay it all back to him.

That payback came during a charity event hosted by the company. Of course, the two of us were booked in a ladder match.

And of course, I crushed him to paste and won.

The last ladder match I had prior to IWF was for a shot for the UECW world title. Eight competitors ended the ring…
…I walked out the winner.

Hmm, funny story—I never cashed in that title shot. What was the point of trying save sinking ship.

I still have the briefcase sitting in my award room

So what does all this mean? Hmm, it means that if you include my IWF match, I’m batting .500 in ladder matches.
Crazy right?

You’d think I’d be more excited right? You’d think that all this statistical data would demolish the naysayers.

But you see; I’m not happy. In fact, I’m far from happy. I don’t know what “.500” means to you all, but means one thing to me—sub-par! And while sup-par may be ok for some people like Tim Patrick, Storming Raven and the like, I don’t dwell in the realm of mediocrity.

My entire career I’ve pushed myself. I strived to be the best; that’s why I never shied away from the fierce competition or the limelight. That’s why I train hard five times a week; that’s why I incorporate martial arts and other shit into my skill set.

I don’t do it to be mediocre—I do it to be the best!

But it’s all good, because at From the Ashes, I have a chance to correct things. On the biggest stage of them all, I’ve got the opportunity prove to everyone why I call myself the best in the business!

Blyss Lockhart…

…I suppose it’s time for round two.

I’ve got to give it to you Blyss, you got some balls on you. You had two potions walking into this Pay-Per-View. You could have taken the easy route; you could have challenged Aries. And, most likely, you would have kicked the spineless coward’s ass and reclaimed your former title.

You could have taken the easy road!

But that isn’t you, is it?

Ha, whether want to admit it or not, you and I are cut from the same cloth. You see, a lot of the people in this business, in IWF even, they always look to take the easy road.

But that doesn’t describe you does it Blyss? Like me, you want to be the best; you want to face the best competition each and every night.

Right?

And, let’s be completely honest; you wouldn’t have been truly happy if you defeated Aries. Sure, he would have gotten his comeuppance for all his Twitter trash talk; but, we both know that your win wouldn’t have had any weight. Aries has admitted many times at he isn’t in wrestling for the love of the business; he’s only in it for himself.

A win over Aries is less than meaningless.

Oh, but another win over Flex Johnson—now that’s priceless for someone in your position love!

Blyss, I really do respect you. But, I don’t agree with you, not in every aspect.  

On national TV, you questioned my heart and my drive. You asked me if I had the drive to be the best in the business AND to hold a championship.

Over the past couple of week’s I’ve re-played that conversation may times. And to be honest, I’m starting to question your motives chica?

Blyss, let me ask YOU this question, as I have asked many before you: why did you get into wrestling? Hell, why did you joy IWF?

The answer for me was simple; wrestling was what in was born to do. It had been my dream since I was seven. People tried to discourage me, they tried to toss me into other professions; but, none of that satisfied me. The only career that completed me was wrestling. I wouldn’t have cared if I never won a title—the only thing I wanted to do was become THE BEST wrestler in the world; that’s what I’ve devoted my whole career towards.

But, what about you Blyss?

Are you in this business to become the best too?

Or do you have other motives?

If you notice, up above, I’ve framed the “need for competition” as a question. That’s because, I’m not so sure about you Blyss; I don’t know if YOU have the drive to be the best in this business. Yeah, you talk a nice game; you say you want to step up, and progress up the ladder. But for the past month, all I’ve  heard you talk about is winning gold.

All I’ve heard you talk about is Fame and Glory.

Don’t get me wrong, Fame and Glory is cool; it comes along with the job. But, was that your only motivation for becoming a wrestler? Did you just want to be famous?

Was that your motivation for joining IWF? Did you just want to win gold?

You know who else was fixated on gold when he stepped in here? You remember Thor don’t you? I know, he’s been stinking it up. But, let’s think back to when he first signed on the dotted line. Blyss, do you have any idea what Thor talked about?

That’s right—gold!

Before anyone knew who the fuck this cat was, he was out here talking about winning gold in his first promo. Hell, he even pulled some strings back stage to get himself a title shot and sure fire win. He became a champion; his name was plastered on billboards and on the website. I bet you he was so proud of himself.

But here’s reality—nobody gave a damn!

The fans never considered him the best wrestler in the company. Hell, how could they? For his first few months, he was only taking on scrubs; he wasn’t being tested. AND, what did the management think about his skills? Well, he was placed in the middle of the road with middle of the road people. He got lost in transition.

AND, even among just the champions, he was the weakest.

So, what’s the point right? That’s what you want to know about right Blyss?

The point is, Thor had the same goal as you. He wanted to get his hands on some gold—and he did. He got the Fame and Glory; IWF put his name on it. But, in the end, who really cares? He didn’t have a memorable match; he didn’t have a very memorable title reign.

In the end, he was still a nobody.

He was still considered a nobody because he set is goals on obtaining low hanging fruit.

Believe it or not Blyss, there are other wrestling federations out there. There are rinky-dink backyard feds, there are indy feds of all shapes and sizes, and there are other large feds like IWF. And guess what…they ALL have gold! Are you like Thor, Ms. Blyss? Because if all you want is some gold, then there isn’t a real reason for you to be employed here in IWF.
IWF has always prided itself on have the best competitors in the world—that should be your main goal chica!

Blyss, I’m a bit older than you; and, I’ve been in this business a little bit longer. Trust me; I used to be just like you. There was a time where all I wanted to do was win gold. But you know what; two things snapped me out of that type of thinking.

People like Shane Michaels and Thor were the first catalyst that changed my perception.

Let me tell you a story Blyss…

After that initial ladder match with Michaels, I was heartbroken. I had worked so hard to make it as a wrestler; I had worked so hard to gain respect. To have that UECW Championship within my grasp, and to have it stolen away from me because Michaels decided to cheat to win—it killed me.

OH, I was mad—so mad. But, I didn’t get another chance at that title, not for a good three years. I left the company, but I still had my eye on that UECW title. I went to other federations; I won their world championships. But to be honest, I still wasn’t stratified; I wanted to be the world champion of the federation where I made my name.

Then I got resigned to UECW.

I told myself that this time would be different. By this time, things had changed. There were now two world titles; and a few new faces.

Ha, it’s funny. People thought that they were going to see the same Flex Johnson who flew around the ring and was “blue chipper.” But, I had come in after training in a Japanese dojo, and after having been a trainer in said dojo.

I came in ready to knock people’s head off!

I debuted by taking out one of the company’s legends, a guy who had been the cream of the crop when I was a rookie. I then had couple of tag-matches against that brand’s current champion, a guy named Vincent Palmer. I’ll admit the guy was good; he had a hellish feud with Ace Static and walked out the victor, back when that name meant something in this business.

Then we had this crazy cage match. There were nine people in the match, and ALL the brand’s titles were on the line, minus the tag-team championship. The first pin got the hardcore title, the second pin obtained the Tapout title, and the third got the World title.

I ended up getting the second pin.

I carried the Tapout title longer than anyone in the history of the company. But, it never was about the title Blyss. Truth be told, like I said before, I wanted to knock people’s heads off. And, that’s what I did; did so well that I was virtually undefeated for months.

And then my chance came; I got a shot at the World title after the champ just walked out of the company. Ha, I remember the feeling I had when they told me—I was ecstatic!

But once again, it was a set up.

I was supposed to face a certain wrestler, and to be honest, I don’t even remember who it was. I beat him though. But, before my hand was raised, management came out and decided to add another person.

…You may know her as Jaci Sovereign.

And once again I tasted the bitterness of defeat.

And that lose fueled me! I started kicking ass again…and then Jaci left the company. So, the title was put on the line in a four-way elimination match. One by one, they were all eliminated, until it was just me and Shane Michaels. And as I stood looking at him, all those emotions of pain and hurt from that very first time match came flooding to my head.

Needless to say, he didn’t walk out the champion that time.

And FINALLY, I could call myself the UECW World Champion!

It was a great honor, and a great achievement. But you see Blyss, there’s shit that they don’t tell you before you when the big one. They never tell you about the stress chica. They never tell you how you can’t walk outside and enjoy a nice day with your family. They never tell you how your so-called “friends” flip the switch and turn on you. They never tell you how to deal with the pressure of having a target on your back 24/7.

The climb to that world title isn’t a game Blyss. It’s grueling; it wears on the body and the mind. But—that’s the easy part! Shit doesn’t get real until you are sitting in your hotel staring at that title.

I changed after I won that title. I didn’t care about anything else but trying to hold on to it. That title came first; it came before family, it came before friends, and it even came before myself.

But all I wanted to do was call myself the world champ…

Fame, Glory, titles…they change you Blyss. The greatest of saints have fallen due to a little leather and gold.

Look at Gordon Fury! It’s no secret that you two had relations. Now, I don’t know about your personal lives’; that was yalls’ business. But I can tell you this; somewhere along the line, Gordon began to change. During yalls’ run, during the relationship, he set his site on the IWF title.

And that’s when shit started to hit the fan…

…Am I right?

That’s what titles do Blyss...they corrupt weak people. He was willing to kill you out there I that ring in order to get closer to the world title; he at that time, he was barely in the main even scene. You’ve seen firsthand what happens when a person set’s his or her priorities on winning gold!

That’s why I told you gold isn’t my main priority Blyss.

Years ago I set my sights on something greater!

Fame fades; Glory turns to dishonor. Leather gets old and crusty; and, gold is easily tarnished.

But a legacy—no, that’s something more permanent love.

Blyss, can probably say a bunch of shit about me. You can say that my arrogant; you can say that I have a big mouth. I’m probably not the coolest guy you’ve met. And, you can definitely say that I’m not the largest or most muscular dude in the locker room.

But—you can’t say that I’m not a good wrestler!

Blyss, if you think this match at From the Ashes is just about the High Impact title, then you are gravely mistaken. This championship doesn’t make me great Blyss; it just means I was simply the better man that night. My work ethic, my training, my skills—those are the things that make me great. This math isn’t about a piece of gold Blyss; it’s about so much more Blyss. Every time I step into the ring, I want to be the best. I want to beat you at From the Ashes, but not because I want to retain this belt. Blyss, I want to beat you because I feel that I’m a better wrestler than you; I feel that I’m the best wrestler. But, I can’t just scream that shit—I have to prove it.

I have to prove it…and to prove it, have to beat you!

I have to beat you, Brandon, Gordon, Parker—anyone who steps in my way, I have to beat them. I respect most of yall, but I’m better than yall. Every match, every night, I’m gunning outshine all of you!

That’s the reason I signed to Insurgency in the first place. Blyss, you’ve heard the reaction I get out there. Hell, you follow me on Twitter; feds throw themselves at me. I could have gone and wrestled at any federation in the world.
But Insurgency is where the greats go—so that’s where I signed!

I plan on leaving From the Ashes with another hard-earned victory. You have one victory over me already; that’s all well and good. But August 25th, on the grandest stage of them all—that’s MY night chica!

Looks like you’ll have to find another stepping stone love.

END.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart   Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flex Johnson [vs] Blyss Lockhart
Page 1 of 1