Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Be a king when kingdom comes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JHawk

JHawk

Wrestler Stats
IWF Record: Best Full Throttle Champion EVER!!!!!
Alignment: Face

Be a king when kingdom comes Empty
PostSubject: Be a king when kingdom comes   Be a king when kingdom comes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 12:19 pm

June 25th, 2016
Kingston, Jamaica
Jamie Hawk's perspective
Off camera

The streets were busy as the sun was setting over the Jamaican coast. This was my first time in the country so my task of finding a small, reletively unknown bar seemed almost impossible to me. Not that I am in any way a big drinker. I wouldn't dream of having a drink on my own. Yet here I was on the streets of Jamaica looking for a bar. But it wasn't the drinks I was interested in. About a year ago my brother, Jason, had left the country and moved to Jamaica where he had opened a bar. After years as a celebrity, the fame and fortune had burned him out. He wanted out of that life. So he moved to Jamaica to escape from it all. Since then no one has barely seen or heard anything from him. Jason did make a splash in the tabloids when word first got out that I had moved to Jamaica but the story soon died as the general public had lost interest in him. Something I am sure broke his heart. As I move through the busy streets it becomes dark and the nightlife lights up. All the better for me as I the bars and dance clubs become more visible. There were tons of different places to go and the only lead I had on Jason's bar was that he had kept his, well... our, initials in the name. So Macca's, Luxus and River Valley are all out of the equation as I pass them by. I keep walking for a bit with no luck as I keep passing by all kinds of different bars and night clubs, but suddenly I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I turn down an alley way and out in the distance I see a neon sign. Jamal Hector's it reads. Its a bit off to the side from the busy main street and no one that passes by gives it a second glance but I head straight towards it. I enter and it is almost empty. A lonely man sits at the end of a bar with a beer in hand and in a booth in the corner there sits what seems to be like a bikergang.  All regulars perhaps. I am not interested in any of them for behind the bar stands the man I am looking for. Jason Hawk, in the flesh.

Jason Hawk
Jamie! Check this out!

He shouts as he juggles around some bottles, which also tells me that he hasn't taken his medication today. I wonder if he even has any medication around here.

Jason Hawk
Fuck!!

And with that a bottles crashes to the floor with a noise so loud that it catches the attention of everyone in the room. The man at the end of the bar seems almost upset about the loss of a whiskey bottle. Jason was always trying out new things and every now and then he would stick to it for long enough to get good at it. Juggling did not seem to be one of those things. Jason rushed to get a broom and some towels to clean up the mess. Jason is a cleanliness freak, he almost obsesses with it. Which was clear by the way the rest of the bar was looking.

Man
A shame that you had to waste a good bottle of whiskey!

The man at the end of the bar finally decided to reveal his disgust with Jason's inability to juggle bottles.

Jason Hawk
Would you relax? It was just a Tullamore Dew. I got tons of them in the back. They are cheap and no one buys them. I got to use them for something.

The man just grunts and looks down his glass. Jason finishes cleaning up his mess. I take a seat at the bar as I wait for him to come back.

Jason Hawk
Give me a week and I can totally juggle seven bottle at once.

His enthusiams and naive optimism never failed to amuse me.

Jamie Hawk
I don't doubt it.

Jason Hawk
Can I offer you anything?

Jamie Hawk
No, I am good.

Jason Hawk
Come on! I'll drink it with you!

Jamie Hawk
You're drinking while working?

Jason Hawk
Obviously! Every bartender like ever does.

How should I know?

Jason Hawk
Also, you might have noticed that the place is empty so who cares?

Jamie Hawk
I was wondering about that. How come there is no one here? I would never have imagined that you wouldn't be able to run a succesful bar.

Jason Hawk
Its the name. You see that guy over there?

Jason points towards the corner booth where the biker gang is sitting.

Jason Hawk
The big bald guy with the horns tattooed on the side of his head is Jamal Hector. I held a competition where the winner got to name the bar and when people heard he was entering it, they all backed out. Apparently he is a convicted murderer and just genuine scary guy, which I didn't know at the time. So now no one dares enter here.

Jamie Hawk
But..?

I nod towards the gentleman at the end of the bar.

Jason Hawk
He is just a drunk. They find him amusing so he gets a pass.

Jamie Hawk
Why don't you just change the name?

Jason Hawk
I've made a decision and I am sticking with it.

The room falls silent. I know that he won't admit it but I can see that he regrets leaving the States. He isn't happy here. Who would be? Owning a bar run by a biker gang. But I know he won't admit to have made a mistake.

Jamie Hawk
Give me a glass of wine. Red wine.

Jason lights up. Much like me he loves a glass of red wine. We are twins after all. He paces round behind the bar for a second before seemingly remembering something. Most likely where he stashes the wine. He has a habit of forgetting where he puts his stuff. He exits through a door at the back. While he is gone I take a look around the place. Nothing really catches my eye. Though there is something behind the bar that is interesting. It is an old championship belt. One that I know Jason I really proud of. It's the IWF Full Throttle championship and it has one defining feature which made Jason fall in love with it. It has some sort of Christmas lights on it. They did design a new one for him. A red one which was a lot prettier but Jason was too stubborn to ever use it. He probably doesn't even know where it is. No, he just wanted the one with the Christmas lights on it. My train of though gets interupted as Jason emerges back with a bottle of wine in his hands.

Jason Hawk
From the wine fields of Florence, Italy! This is the good stuff!

Jason pours us both a glass. We shake it around for a bit, breath it in before tasting it. Just like you are suppose to do. But enough with the chit chat even though it was nice catching up I came here with a purpose. I want to bring my brother home. I can't stand to see my brother waste away his best years away from what he loves. I know that even if he won't admit it he misses wrestling. Deep down inside it is tearing him apart that he has fallen from grace, that he is no longer the greatest high-flyer in the world. Maybe he will let his ego get the better of him and be to proud to start all over again. But I won't. I will not allow him to waste away all alone in a Jamaican bar with no signs of life. I even got just the thing to get him back. I got an ace up my sleeve, if you will.

Jamie Hawk
So IWF opened up its doors again.

Jason Hawk
Refill?

He looks at me with a smile and already ready to fill my glass up again even though I've barely had a single sip yet. It is obvious that he is trying to change the topic.

Jamie Hawk
Do I have to repeat myself?

Jason Hawk
Did you see the monkey show before you came in? Its great, we should go to it if you haven't seen it.

*sigh*

Jason Hawk
I've been thinking about buying a penguin. You think a penguin can survive in this climate?

He'll run out of excuses in just a moment

Jason Hawk
I am getting kinda tired. Maybe I should close up shop early tonight.

I take sip of my wine.

Jamie Hawk
You done? Can we talk now?

He hesitates but finally slumps down in his seat.

Jason Hawk
Fine...

Jamie Hawk
So have you heard? IWF is opening up again.

Jason Hawk
I heard...

Jamie Hawk
Then what are you still doing here?

Jason Hawk
What do you mean, what am I still doing here? I live here.

Jamie Hawk
Yet you still own a penthouse appartment in San Diego.

Jason Hawk
Just in case I ever feel nostalgic, you know?

He was struggling to believe his own lies, something he was otherwise very good at.

Jamie Hawk
Come on Jason, we both know you are just running away from your fears instead of facing them, getting back to your feet and establishing yourself as the true great that you once were.

Jason Hawk
But the injuries..

Jamie Hawk
Healed up months ago. Don't forget that I am a doctor. You know that you are just to proud to start back at the bottom. To climb the ladder all over again.

Jason Hawk
I shouldn't have to! I paid my dues a long time ago! I've already proved myself! Everyone knows me. I am Jason Hawk!

Jamie Hawk
And Jason Hawk is long forgotten in the world of wrestling. No one cares about you anymore. They've all moved on. Barely anyone even remembers you. But this it matter? I know just how much you want to become IWF champion. I know of all the sleepless nights you've had thinking about that championship. Its true that you done it all. Except for the IWF title. The one that got away. Don't let your ego and pride get in the way of your dream.

Jason Hawk
All the more reason to stay away. I gave them my all. I put my body, no, my life on the line all for their entertainment! What did I get from them? Nothing! They threw me away as if I was an old toy they got bored of.

He says before downing his glass of wine.

Jason Hawk
More wine!

Jason refills our glasses even though I've barely had any of mine yet.

Jason Hawk
But for fuck sake I still want to be IWF champion!

Jamie Hawk
I knew you wouldn't to stay away.

Jason Hawk
I am not promising anything. I'll have to sleep on it. And drink on it.

He smirked and I took another sip of my glass. He might not have signed any contract yet but I knew that I had gotten through to him. I had accomplished what I had come here to do. The mood even lighten up and for the rest of the night it was nice to catch up with a brother that I hadn't seen for a long time.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

June 28th
Kingston, Jamaica
Jason Hawk's perspective
Off camera

If I have to be totally honest then I have to admit that I have always hated, still hate and will forever hate to swallow pills. Its like they always get stuck in my throat. My eyes start to water and I have to swallow three or four times before the pills go down. I've been taking them my entire life and I still for some reason can't properly do it. It must be a sign that I shouldn't even take them to begin with. But today I have to force myself to take my medication. For today I have something to prove. I have something to prove to myself. I have to convince myself that I still got it. Obviously I was intrigued when Jamie showed up and started to ramble on about IWF. I had heard about it and I knew that was why he showed up. He knows me better than anyone. Most of the time even better than I do myself. Really creepy when you think about it. It must have something to do with that whole twin telepatic connection. Its a real thing. Don't google it, just take my word for it. He knew he would catch my attention instantly. He knew exactly what buttons to push and pushed all those buttons without any hesitation whatsoever. So here I am in the basement at my own bar with during business hours with no one behind the bar upstairs because why even bother? No one ever shows up anyways. Which is great actually because the bar is just a cover up. The basement is where I make my money. I met Jamal Hector the first time during one of my many advantures in Thailand. He took care of business on the western front. Always residing in Jamaica so he was the first one I contacted when I had to get out of the States. He could set me up with a fancy villa and a sports car but I had to do something for him first. I had to provide him a place where he could do his business. So now my basement is a home for all the drug addicts and general losers of society. The police are frequent visitors but they are easily taken care of with some money under the table. I never part take in any of the activities. I am never even down here to begin with but I still get a decent cut so I won't complain. This is the first time in months that I've shown my face around here. I do have a proper reason to do so as well. The drug trafficking might be the most profitable aspect of my basement but there is another big reason why people gather around here. Jamal has set up a fight club and with nothing better to do every man below the working class shows up here to prove his worth. I am sitting next to Jamal as we watch on as two men fight, one a heavy hitter with a big weight advantage and the other a smaller, quicker and more agile guy. The smaller guy puts up a decent fight but in the end is no real match for his much heavier counterpart as he is knocked out by a nasty looking right hook. Around them stands a crowd of guys like a pack of hungry dogs eagerly waiting for their opportunity to enter the ring.

Jamal Hector
I must admit that I am surprise to see you here. What brings you down to the basement?

Jason Hawk
Do you remember the man came to the bar a few days ago?

Jamal Hector
I do. The two of you talked for hours

Jason Hawk
That was my twin brother.

Jamal Hector
What did he want from you?

Jason Hawk
He wants me out of here and back in the ring.

Jamal Hector
The very same ring that you spent years trying to escape from? What kind of brother is that?

Jason Hawk
The very same ring. He did have a good reason as he mentioned the small matter of a IWF championship.

Jamal Hector
Oh I see. That can't have been easy to turn down.

Jason Hawk
I haven't given him a final decision yet, which is why I am down here. I have to prove to myself that I can still go. I can't step back into the big ring if I am just going to fall flat on my face. So I am stepping into this ring

I say as I point towards the brawl that has broken out in the basement because one of the men had brought a broken bottle to a fight. One of the very few rules down here, no weapons.

Jason Hawk
If my body can still take it and I can feel the will, the hunger and the drive that once defined me then I'll do it. I'll take the chance and one final time give it everything I got to win the elusive IWF championship.

Jamal looks intrigued.

Jamal Hector
Very interesting. Who do you want to fight? There are some really mean guys in tonight.

I smirk at him.

Jason Hawk
Obviously the meaniest looking fucker around. Would you mind bringing back some order so I can make a proper entrance?

Jamal Hector
With pleasure.

Jamal stands up, prepares his voice and then shouts from the top of his lungs.

Jamal Hector
Order!!!!

The fight immediately dies down as Jamal wins everyone's attention. That was the kind of respect everyone had for Jamal.

Jamal Hector
Good.

Jamal says with a smile and sits back down. As he does I stand up and walk towards the masses. I walk to the center of the floor and the men all form a circle around me. I taka a good look around. I must admit it is nice to again be the center of attention.

Jason Hawk
I've come here for one reason and for one reason only. I want a fight. I want to fight the biggest and toughest son of a bitch in here and by the looks of it, it is none of you pathetic losers.

The crowd roars as they don't take to kindly to being insulted.

Jason Hawk
What? You don't believe that I can fight? Do you not realize who I am?

I say before taking of my shirt to reveal the cuts and scars I have gathered over the years

Jason Hawk
I have been in my fair share of fights! Fights more brutal than any of you can even imagine. This right here? This is kids play to me. So no! None of you losers are in any way, shape or form worthy to step into a ring with me. Only one man in here tonight is worthy enough. Only one man would stand a chance against me.

I turn around to face Jamal.

Jason Hawk
You! I want to fight you, right here, right now!

A nervous tension rises through the crowd as Jamal stands up and walks towards me. He laughs as he approaches me. We stand face to face as he smirks.

Jamal Hector
With pleasure.

Before he knows it I spit in his face and hit him with a dropkick. He staggers back and wipes the spit off his face then charges at me like a raging bull. I sidestep him before using his own momentum to tackle him up against the wall, which is too bad for the two men who couldn't move out of the way in time. I run towards Jamal and jump to step on his back, as he stands bend over, I leap up and stomp down on the back of his head and he crumbles to the floor. I should really keep the momentum going but who am I not to pander to the crowd.

Jason Hawk
Your king has fallen!

The crowd cheers as I stand with arms spread wide and reminsce in days long gone by. I forget myself away in the moment because before I know it I am tackled to the ground and the punches rain down over me. I am trapped and there is no chance to escape. I just have to take the punishment. Jamal then stops punching and grabs me by my throat and hoists me up. He spits in my face as revenge for my earlier actions. He then slams me down to the floor and starts stomping on me. For what seems like an eternity I can do nothing by lie there and hope he doesn't hit my face. He picks me up again and slams me against the wall. He elbows me in the face and lets go. I slide down the wall and land in a seated position.  Then just for good measure Jamal kicks me in  the face so I fall down to my side. I am beaten. I realize that. Though this fight was never about winning or losing. I sit back up. I am a mess. Blood is running down my face and I think my nose is broken. My ribs are hurting and it kind of hurts to breath. Despite all that there is still a smile on my face. More than a mile really. I begin to laugh, which horrifies the crowd around. I got what I came for. I wanted to know if I could still go, if I still had it in me and as I sit there bloodied and beaten in a dirty and run-down basement in Jamaica I realize that I still, deep down somewhere, want to be in the ring. I still desire to be where the lights shine and the crowd cheers the loudest. Its what I always wanted and I just needed something to make me realize it. Make me realize that I am ready to once again conquer my kingdom.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

On Camera

Jason Hawk
By the show of hands; who here remembers Aaron O'Shea? Corey Casey? Brendan Macdonald? Brenton Cyrus? Nick Ridicule? No one? Well, then I guess it is not fair of me to assume that anyone remembers Jason Hawk.

Which is a god damn travesty, if I do have to say so myself.

So allow me to re-introduce myself. My name is Jason Hawk and I've already done it all. The highs, the lows and everything in between. Been there, done that. So what reason could I possibly have to come back. I am set for life. I could sit back for the rest of my life, smoking my pipe and drinking my wine, never even lift a finger again and be completily happy with my life.

Why would I even be considering entering the squared circle again? I know myself well enough to realize that I'll injure myself again, most likely by the hands of myself, I already jumped off all the things and flipped round in all the different ways. There really isn't much left to do. Maybe I am just being nostalgic. Craving that rush and feeling again, which I used to strive for. That feeling that defined me and was my sole reason to live.

Wrestling surely isn't that important to me anymore. My passion and hunger for it has diminished, if not vanished completily over the last few years. For a matter of fact I grew to hate it and everything it stood for. I wanted out for so long but it would never let me go. Every time I thought I was done with it, it kept pulling me back in. But I can't blame it. The wresting world adored me and every time I came back wrestling fell in love with me all over again. So perhaps for once in my life I am doing something without any personal gain. Maybe just for once I am doing something for others. Perhaps this return is just a gift from me to all of you. I already paid my dues. I don't owe this business anything. So consider this a favor. A gift, if you will. For once again you get to see the King of the Skies, His Flying Majesty, yours truly in all of his glory once again conquer the wrestling world. All because I am giving you something you have been longing for and craving to witness once again. Something that you don't perhaps even deserve.

For once again I am putting it all on the line just for you. I have nothing more to gain, there is nothing more in it for me. So consider yourselves lucky and priviledged to again be able to witness one of the best in the world again do what he does best. Soar higher than anyone ever did. You should thank me, for being the nice guy that I am.

Not.

Obviously there is something in it for me. While I enjoy the fact that the world enjoys watching me risk it all and even cheer me on as I do so. It would all be worthless if there wasn't something bigger and better in it for me. And there is always something in it for me. To be honest with you and tell you something that you might not know, or you just refuse to accept it. In the end I am all that really matters

While I have done, seen and heard it all there is one little accolate that still haunts me. The one thing that I never did. The one thing that I was destined to do had my injuries not caught up to me. And as the years went by it dawned on me and I had to accept the realization that I would never do it. Countless nights I've laid awake thinking of it. Struggling to deal with the fact that another opportunity would never present itself to me.

But miracles happen.

So when I heard that IWF opened up its doors again I knew it was perhaps my last chance at glory. My last chance to accomplish the dream that for so long had haunted me. For really everything else I have done seems so little in comparission to what I am about to do now IWF is up and running again. You see, I have never been the IWF champion.

And I plan to change that.

That's where you fit into the equation Mark. By the way love the fact that I get to fight a fan. When I asked earlier if anyone remembers me, that didn't apply to you for you obviously do. That little catchphrase of yours is actually the first catchphrase I ever used all those years ago! But you already knew that, right Mark?  Don't worry though. You can keep it. Because much like luck.

Catchphrases are for losers.

Am I an idol to you Mark? I see a bit of JHawk in you as you fly around that ring. Not too much though because no one does it like me. Yeah, I did the research. Contrary to popular belief, I do actually do a bit of research. I might be arrogant but I am not stupid. But was I one of your idols growing up Mark? I should be. I am a fantastic rolemodel. The underdog who went all the way to become a dominant force of his own. They called me the next Aaron O'Shea. Though it didn't take them long to realize that they had with someone unique to deal with here. I soon surpassed my good buddy Aaron O'Shea and establish myself as the very first Jason Hawk.

After me, all up and coming young high-flyers with potential were laballed as the next Jason Hawk. Which I totally understand because you always compare yourself to the greatest. But what about me then? Who do I compare myself to? The answer is simple. I don't compare myself to anyone. I am the greatest and the best. No one ever flew as high as I did. And yes, I flew too close to the sun on occasions. You don't get to be the best without making mistakes. But I always spread my wings again. I soared again and raised the standard that I had previously set myself. I am what all underdogs aspire to be.

I am the best high-flyer in the world.

So how about you Mark? Have you been laballed the next Jason Hawk? We already established that you have known of me since I started out all those years ago. What else do you know about me? Have you been a loyal soldier of the Apex Army for years? Is this a dream come true for you getting to fight your idol on such a big stage as IWF's return obviously is? While I am happy for you that you are getting this big opportunity, I really don't care that I am going to have to disappoint you. I haven't gotten old and I don't know the meaning of ring rust. I am all healed up and in even better shape than I was all those years ago. I've gotten smarter, I take better care of myself. I might drink the occasional glass of wine and smoke the odd cigar here and there. I am still the pinacle of physical shape. And as we all know, physical shape goes hand in hand with mental sharpness.

So nothing you do will catch me off guard. I fought schizophrenic psychopaths before. I survived and defeated Corey Casey multiple times. So what would make you a threat to me? I know your type. You enjoy the pain you inflict and probably also the pain inflicted upon you. Is that why you describe yourself as endurant? Do you enjoy the pain or do you just suck?

Because being endurant just mean you get beat up a lot.

But I won't beat you to an inch of your life. That's not my style. I don't even know how I would beat you up that badly. But what I can do is make you doubt yourself. I can make your question your own ability. I'll make you lose faith in your hopes, dreams and ambitions. I will get inside your mind and the minds of all the voices that live inside your head.

But it is not all bad for you. You will have front row seat to such a great spectacle that is the return of Jason Hawk, your idol. You will get to witness it first hand! You will be able to tell your grandkids that you were there, not only for IWF's resurgence but Jason Hawk's resurgence. For that is what this is. When the show is over and it is all said and done. The one thing that the world will remember is that this was the night that Jason Hawk rose again. This was the night when His Flying Majesty returned to his kingdom.  This was the night when Jason Hawk began his journey to fulfill his last dream in the business to become the IWF champion.

This is my resurgence.
Back to top Go down

Be a king when kingdom comes
Page 1 of 1