Insurgency Wrestling Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise Again

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cleared For Battle?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LethalApollos

LethalApollos

Cleared For Battle? Empty
PostSubject: Cleared For Battle?   Cleared For Battle? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 12:50 am

Cleared For Battle?

Dr. Jules’ Office
UW Health at The American Center
Madison, Wisconsin
July 22nd, 2016
11:30am

Ryan Apollos POV

Taking a deep breath I walk into the reception area at the hospital.

“Hey, I have an appointment with Doctor Jules. It’s for a physical check up.”

“Alright, just have a seat over there and I’ll let the Doctor know you're here.”

-30 minutes later-

“Mr. Apollos.” A woman called out while reading a clipboard.

“Yeah, that’s me.” I said standing up and walking over to her.

“I’m Dr Jules and I’ll be overlooking your physical. It’ll be a few tests to determine whether I can give you medical clearance to return to professional wrestling action.”

“Sounds good.”

I followed her to the exam room to begin the physical. After a few x-rays and MRI’s, she had me do a whole mess of exercises. Each one more strenuous than the last. After what seemed like forever the Doc left the room as I sat down to wait. After about five to ten minutes she walked back in.

“So… Good news? Am I cleared?” I asked looking up.

“Well the tests did look good. However it’ll be a day or two to get the results unfortunately.”

“Really? Don’t these things normally take a few minutes or hours to varify or something like that?”

“Normally yes. But you situation is different. Remember, initially when you first came in for surgery you were on the verge of paralysis. In a way you were walking around with the body of a 60 year old with the amount of untreated injuries you had. Just the physical exams alone aren’t gonna be enough for me to clear you one hundred percent. Once we get the X-Rays and the MRI results back I’ll definitely know if I can give you the clearance.”

“So basically, I have to wait and hope for the best? Not really my style doc.”

“Yes. I can say you can do some workouts and exercising. But that’s about as much as you can do for the time being.”

“Fair enough. I guess I’ll try to pass the time.”

“I’ll give you a call the second your results come in.”

“Alright, thanks Doc.”

-Two Days Later-

Home of Ryan Apollos
Waukesha, Wisconsin
July 24th, 2016
9:00am

My slumber is suddenly ended by the sound of my cell phone ringtone going off. I fumble my phone off the table next to my bed as I rub the sleep from my eyes and answer it.

“Yeah, who’s this?”

“Hello, Mr. Apollos? It’s Doctor Jules. Your results just came in so I called.”

I sat up on the edge of the bed immediately upon hearing this. “Yeah, is there good news?”

“Well, judging by your mood, it’d be a terrible time to say it’d be bad news.”

“Wait, bad news? You mean I’m not cleared.”

“Okay, probably a bad choice of words. There’s no bad news. The results came back clear. You’re all good and you’ve officially been cleared to return to action.”

“Oh shit, that’s awesome. Thanks for all your help.”

“It’s no trouble at all, it is my job after all and I’m glad I could be of help.”

“Thanks again doc. I’ll think of something to show my thanks for your help over the past couple years.”

“You don’t need to do anything.”

“I know, but it’s only fair.”

“Fine, nothing to ritzy or fancy.”

“Got it. Thanks again.” I said as I hung up the phone. “Whelp, better let the guys at IWF HQ know I’m all cleared.”

I quickly went back to my phone and called up the IWF HQ.

“Yo, it’s Apollos. I just got the green light. I’m cleared and good to go. Just giving you guys the heads up…. Yeah, the doc said everything came back good and gave me the go ahead, shouldn’t be any trouble… Yeah, I’ll be in San Fran in time. Just need to get my gear together and I’ll be there… Yup, see you guys there.”

I hung up the phone and started walking over to grab all my gear. “Get ready Dexter, get ready IWF, Apollos is coming back.”

I grabbed my bag and put all my gear and clothes in the bag before leaving the house and driving to General Mitchell Airport. After getting there and parking the car, I went to the ticket counter.

“Hi there. I need a two way ticket to San Francisco, return date July 31st. Doesn’t matter the seat.”

“Okay, I have a flight here leaving at 3pm.”

“Awesome, I’ll take it.” I say as I hand her my credit card.

“Okay, here’s your card back and here’s your ticket. Enjoy your trip.”

“Thanks, I intend to.” I take the ticket and begin heading for the gate. “San Francisco better be ready, The Slayer is coming.”

I reach the gate as the scene slowly fades to black.

-The Match-

A camera begins recording in a dark room, a sole lightbulb providing the light source. A figure slowly walks under the light.

The return of IWF. The return of Insurgency Wrestling Federation. The return to the ring of Ryan Apollos. It has been so long since I was in a wrestling ring. I always said that I’ve been through it all, unfortunately that fact finally caught up to me. Now it’s been 3 years and I’ve finally healed up and feel like I can give it another shot.

The figure turns around to reveal Apollos’ face.

Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not necessarily the most successful, nor the most popular. I’ve made my fair share of enemies and friends. Now my career enters a new chapter. And I return to IWF to begin writing it. This isn’t so much as about titles or wins or losses for me. This is about leaving behind a legacy that I can be proud of.

Apollos walks up and picks up the camera before looking into the lens.

Dexter Jacobs. Truth be told, I don’t know much about you. I know that you were a IWF champion, two times to be exact, a belt I never held. We’ve never officially met in person. But once that bell rings, it won’t matter if we met in the ring or out of the ring. It won’t matter if I’ve seen any of your matches or you’ve seen any of my matches. It’s all hands on deck and the better man will win and I intend on going through hell and high water to ensure that that’s me. You better be ready, because I’m coming for a fight, you better be doing the same.

Apollos puts the camera down and walks away as the lightbulb flickers before going out.
Back to top Go down

Cleared For Battle?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Insurgency Wrestling Federation :: IWF LIVE :: Pay-Per-View Roleplays-
Jump to: